New house with stove - what make / model is it?

Canterbury, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

I have just moved into a new house which has a stove installed. The chimney sweep said it has been installed professionally and very nicely and mentioned that it might be a 'Hunter' however I can't find anything online to help me identify it.

I don't suppose anybody knows what make or model the stove is? And also whether it is multifuel as everything I have read online seems to suggest that it is (as it has a raised grate and ash pan).

Thanks!

Thumbnail by Jasonclint
Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I adjusted your picture so someone can see the details in it. At first I was going to say that it wasn't multi fuel as it didn't have a double set of drafts so that you could get air top and bottom, but after looking at a few pictures I'm not so sure it isn't a wood coal unit. Does it have a firebrick fire box. If it doesn't then it is just wood, if it does then it may be both coal and wood.

Thumbnail by Doug9345
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Hi Doug thanks for replying and for adjusting the image!

It has two airflow controls, the obvious one at the bottom but also a slider at the top (you can see it to the right of the centre just under the top plate).

It has a raised grate with a removal ash pan underneath, and it has a cantilevered riddler grate. It has firebricks either side and a baffle up the back and over the top.

Hope those are the right terms (new to all this!)

Burnley, United Kingdom

May be wrong, but I think it's a Franco Belge stove, possibly the Montfort model.
Google Image search it and you'll be able to verify
On the inside of the stoves firebox, is the base a metal grate or vermiculite (composite firebrick material) ?

Toccoa, GA

Following IndoorsOut theory, I found this stove that appears identical: http://www.qualitystoves.co.uk/franco-belge-belfort-multifuel-stove-p-190.html

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.