-
AuthorContent
hrp50
Carrollton, TX
(Zone 8a)

December 31, 2012
10:53 AM

Post #9371387

ÖÖthat some company will take the concept behind the XHose or FlexibleHose (ďAs seen on TVĒ) and make a similar hose using quality materials. I purchased a 100í (actually 2-50 footers) FlexibleHose and it is the best thing since sliced bread for pulling around a yard and watering plants in areas where the sprinkler system doesnít reach. The problem is that it is so cheaply made that I donít foresee it lasting for much longer than maybe six months of use. After I purchased it I immediately replaced the cheap plastic connecters with brass or zinc ones from HD. I imagine that there is a huge market for such a cool and easy to use hose. Developers and licensors, are you paying attention?
Ladypearl
Iowa Park, TX

January 14, 2013
9:57 PM

Post #9385471

Hi hrp50, Did someone already tell you about Mean Green hoses? I haven't purchased one yet but have heard they hold up well.

http://www.factorydirecthose.com/site/932652/page/3265270
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2013
10:10 AM

Post #9397223

hrp50 my first instinct is it wouldn't last. especially in the TX sun
hrp50
Carrollton, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 25, 2013
2:20 PM

Post #9397479

Ladypearl,
I've had one and I don't like the kind of hose that coils like the Mean Green. It's too big and heavy, at least a 75 - 100 ' one, and the uncoiling doesn't fully uncoil and it's not easy to drag around or store. But it's an alternative for some people.

ilove jesus99
That's my point that someone should come up with a material for the hose that would survive for several years even here in Texas. If we can put a man on the moon, surely they come up with such a material and match it with the flat to round, uncoiled light weight feature of the XHose. I still say that there's a big market for such a hose that some developer needs to tap into and probably become a billionaire.
Ladypearl
Iowa Park, TX

January 25, 2013
9:00 PM

Post #9397813

I didn't realize they were that heavy and stiff. It's probably best to get short ones to use for closeby flower beds and pots.

Maybe in the future when they have perfected nano technology (and the cost comes down) then we'll be able to buy hoses like what you described. I'm looking forward to that too.
ilovejesus99
Baytown, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 27, 2013
10:47 AM

Post #9399128

Ladypearl They are heavy and they don't uncurl to be straight. They spring back and if you have a 25 foot one you are luck to get it to go 12 ft. I have had one for about 10 yrs but don't use it...was a waste of time and money.
Ladypearl
Iowa Park, TX

January 27, 2013
5:36 PM

Post #9399454

Alright, that settles that (I won't waste money on one of those kind of hoses). Thank you for the advice!
hrp50
Carrollton, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 3, 2013
9:19 AM

Post #9437459

After watching my DW strain to pull our regular heavy and tangled hose on the south side of the house around to water the garden, I'm going to break down and buy a couple more 50' Flexible Hoses like the ones I already have on the north side of the house. The like-weightiness and flexibility with no kinking is just too much of an advantage over regular hoses that I can't pass up, even though it might not have as long as a life as a regular hose. And the fact that after the hose stretches out to itís full length when you turn on the faucet but shrivels down to about 6 ' when you turn off the faucet and is easy to store, those features seal the deal. I still hold out hope that some manufacturer will design a similar but better quality hose made with stronger, higher quality materials and non-plastic connectors at some point.

The website is here:

http://www.flexablehose.com/?gclid=CL2I08P-4LUCFQ-xnQodxlYAEg

And a non-committal review of the Flexible Hose is here:

http://doesitreallywork.org/flex-able-hose-review

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America