Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Pets: How was your day #371

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 223, Views: 931
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
11:20 AM

Post #9371414

WAY Past time for a new threat so here goes

We came form here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292049/

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
11:41 AM

Post #9371427

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.

Tammy, I think getting your finger some air is a good idea. I do believe the bacitracin which is an ointment is what my DM uses. This is something her doctor recommends. I hope it feels better and is not infected.

Debbie, I hope your back feels better.

I am trying to get a cowl finished - I have no idea if I will be able to wear it. It is like a hugh turtleneck. I have had much help from Chloe. I kicked the recliner back this morning and had some short naps.

Happy New Year!! I hope we are all healthy and happy.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 31, 2012
2:19 PM

Post #9371597

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

Thanks for the new room Sandy.

Diesel is in my bad books. I wondered why he wasn't guarding me while I was showering. He was too busy counter surfing and chowing down 1/2 LB of butter I had set out to soften.

Please send positive thoughts to a loyal DG member Ponditis tonight. On Dec 23 she was taken to hospital via ambulance and placed on life support. The amazing news is she is home tonight although very weak. She was put into an induced coma for a few days to help her recoup. She had turned septic which doctors feel was the result of a dentist visit. She has a long road to recovery so positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated by Lani and her family.

Enjoy your evening everyone whatever you plan on doing.

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
2:48 PM

Post #9371618

Dianne, I got that note from Lani/Ponditis also. Scary scary situation.

Keep eye on Diesel...he will most likely get the runs from the butter.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
3:16 PM

Post #9371646

That's a shame about Lani - I hope she has a full recovery.

Wow that's a lot of butter!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

December 31, 2012
3:23 PM

Post #9371656

I"ll keep your friend Lani in my thoughts...

Bad Diesel... counter surfing... our Rex did that a lot. Never had ill effects except the one time he ate a bag of marshmallows just before we took the 1 hr ride to my moms... he ralphed in DH's truck 5 min before we got there. I think there was an "I told you so" from me...

Well, we got the call around noon today and our friend passed late last evening in his wife's arms. Pat seems OK when I spoke to her, but she is also surrounded by family... thankfully 5 of her 6 kids are down in FLA with her. Sad day... Don was a great guy. Always smiling... I"ll miss him.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2012
3:30 PM

Post #9371659

Thanks Sandy!

Dianne - that's very scarey for Ponditis! I bet that Diesel thought he struck gold while you were in the shower. lol

I've got neosporin type cream. I was wondering about epsom salts too. thanks for the tips.

I've got everything ready for my guests (just 2 / husband & wife). I've got a couple small plates w/veggies to go w/the humus, grapes, crackers w/cheeses, salsa w/corn chips & a few deviled eggs. They are bringing shrimp cocktail.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2012
3:31 PM

Post #9371660

cross posted Terese - I'm very sorry for your loss.
Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 31, 2012
3:47 PM

Post #9371672

Terese I am so sorry that you and Jim were not able to meet up with your friend again before he passed. Will you go over to see his DW after you arrive in Florida?

Diesel is very quiet this evening - hmmmmm wonder why? He did eat a small bit of kibble and I will leave his bowl of kibble and lots of water out for him.

I can't wait for 2012 to end ... I just got an email from a friend and her 30 year old son, father of 2 little girls is on life support in Kingston hospital after a snowmobile accident. She didn't want to email anyone last night as it didn't look like he would make it. I am just sick about this - great kid, hard working, would do anything to help people out. His wife gave permission for the docs to place a halo on Ty but did not want his spine fused just in case he does come around. He is since this afternoon responding with hand gestures so things are looking up a bit. Of course some of the movement is involuntary and they had been warned this would occur.

Spoke to Lani on IM this afternoon and she is so glad to be home. Very tired but heavens I think that is to be expected.

Elsie how is the cowl coming along? I have always liked the cowl look on people. What colour is the sweater?

Need to think about what to have for dinner. Not really too interested in anything much.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

December 31, 2012
3:48 PM

Post #9371673

We crossed Tam. Epsom salts is a good idea. It will help it heal from the inside out and help keep infection at bay.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

December 31, 2012
3:53 PM

Post #9371676

Terese sorry for your loss.
Tam honey is very good for wounds, all except orange it is the weakest honey for wounds.

Going to call it a night

Wishin everyone a Happy and Safe New Years

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

December 31, 2012
4:40 PM

Post #9371737

I soaked my fingers in epsom salts and it really feels better! thanks BonnieB

Gary has a stomach flu so we called off NY Eve.

I weighed Scirocco and she's lost another 1/2lb. Down to 6.5lbs. The prednisone
is obviously not working. She still seems quite lively.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2012
6:12 PM

Post #9371821

Lani is in my thoughts...and Terese, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend..and Dianne, I will be thinking of your friends son..and Tammy, watch those fingers

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
6:40 PM

Post #9371849

Terese, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Happy you had the chance to talk with him this past week.

Dianne, we have had several snowmobile accidents around here of late. One in Batavia two nights ago. Prayers for Ty & family.

Must be a day for pets to get in issues. Our Franky isn't doing well. Vomiting "green". I had found a couple spots but couldn't
figure out who they came form, and today DH saw him. This isn't good, our dear Franky is at least 13. Was praying 2013
would not start out with bad news off the start.

DH made a wonderful dinner, and we are just watching remodeling shows. Right now he found "Man Cave" so I am over here!

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
7:16 PM

Post #9371872

Good evening.

Terese, I am so sorry about your friend. I am glad that the children are there, people around you at a time like this are so comforting.

Dianne, so sorry to hear of Ponditis, that is such an odd thing to have happen. Glad that she is home and doing better, even if it will be a long road to recovery. Sorry about your friend's snowmobile accident. I am hoping that there is complete recovery. DH had a nephew who had an accident similar, and he was in a semi coma for 3 years. Such a sorry way to see a young person. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Elsie, is the cowl for you? I have such a short neck that I just don't look good in cowls or turtle necks. If I wear a style like that it has to be the mock turtleneck, and even with the shorter length, it looks like a full turtleneck on me. Chloe should be an expert knitter by now!

Tammy, I swear by Epsom salts. From sprains to bruises to cuts, you name it, and I use it for that. My son used to always head to the bathroom vanity for the container of epsom salts when he had any kind of wound, because he knew that is what I would tell him to do first! It will help it heal from the inside. Sorry about the cancelled plans. But if the stomach bug has Gary down, he would not be good company anyway, even if the friends were brave enough to come over.

Debbie, I sure hope that if it is your elderly Franky, that it will be quick and painless for him. Like maybe in his sleep. What a blessing. (hugs) to you. Have you spoken to your DH today after him not making you breakfast when he made his? Mine would have gotten some really angry looks.

Terese, will the boys be there to keep Bud for you when you go to Florida? Gosh, I bet he is so used to seeing suitcases that it doesn't bother him. Now Mr. B would be pouting all the time if I was going as much as you have been all summer. Of course he knows that he does get to go some, so maybe he is just being watchful to see if his things start getting put out!

Melva, I really think Corky needs that collar, so that the other family will know that he is part of a household. He may come home sometime with a collar and maybe a chip, oh, heavens, is he neutered? That would be awful to have another family decide he needed to be neutered. But hey, you wouldn't have to pay for it!

Sandy, you have been working so hard on the calendars. I am sure that you are doing a great job, and you will be able to finish them soon. I just realized today that I don't have a new calendar for my desk. Usually get several from businesses, but guess they are cutting back this year.

Vicki, I have lost your schedule again. Don't know whether you are working or have some time off. Bet things are looking bare in the store. I went to our Dollar General today, all kinds of Christmas stuff on sale, and would you believe, they are already putting out Valentine stuff. Sort of makes me sad.

Well, went to help with the curing of the hams this afternoon. Well I turned out to be the boss and had one helper. I cured 4 hams, 3 shoulders, jowl and side bacon. So lots of seasoning and wrapping. They will hang them tomorrow. We use a recipe that is about 100 years old. One guy wanted to do an experiment, our recipe against a commercially prepared one. So we did, won't know results until about June of next year!

Stomach ills are over, now I have about half a voice. Every other word that I try to speak has no sound associated with it! Nothing else beside a headache and a runny nose. Hope that this is the worst of it, and I can get rid of this soon.

We are in, DH watching football, and dozing in the recliner. I have been reading, and Mr. B sitting next to me. Now he is right beside me, wondering when we are going to bed!

Happy New Year everybody, and IT WILL BE a healthy one!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
7:22 PM

Post #9371880

Bonnie, he knew I was mad...hence the steaks for dinner on the grill.
He said "I know you don't like to eat when you first get up". I said "you could have asked!"
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2012
7:50 PM

Post #9371898

Corky has been in neutral for a long time.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

December 31, 2012
8:08 PM

Post #9371905

Melva, in neutral, or neutered? Hehe.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

December 31, 2012
8:54 PM

Post #9371929

Will comment tomorrow. Busy day here.

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope it is a better Year for all of us!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

December 31, 2012
8:56 PM

Post #9371932

Yes, Happy New Year everyone

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

December 31, 2012
10:22 PM

Post #9371962

I wasn't sure if I could spell neutered so I said neutral...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 1, 2013
2:57 AM

Post #9372001

Good morning everyone

Happy New Year

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
5:11 AM

Post #9372045

Happy New Year!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
5:16 AM

Post #9372048

Good morning, and happy new year. It is cold, snow predicted for today. We have already had the sleet and freezing rain, so a nasty day for sure.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9372059

Happy New Year... we still have no snow. i think it's about 10° and sunny.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 1, 2013
6:04 AM

Post #9372076

Happy New Year,we have light snow flurries, 27 degrees with the "real feel" of 12, no sun in sight...and still the back ache.

Could it be the orange cat sleeping on top of me? Hmm!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
6:41 AM

Post #9372110

Morning! -7 degrees and sunny here. Anyone want to go out and play!

No breakfast yet but it will be raisin toast. Then will have to think of something to make for lunch and supper.

Terese so sorry for your loss and glad that you got to talk to him.

Tam I had forgotten about the epson salts. Glad someone remembered and the fingers are doing better.Sorry Gary got sick and you had to cancel.

Dianne hoping your friends son is better this morning.Plus that Diesel didn't keep you up last night or have any accidents. Silly boy. I remember you saying one other time he tried counter surfing. Wonder why some dogs do it and others don't. HAve never had a problem with any of my dogs. Now cats are another story!

Sandy thanks for the new thread. Love that picture of Andre.

Yesterday we went to Eau Claire. DH had to get a tool replaced at Sears. Then we wandered the mail a bit and I kept wondering why do people shop there? The prices are terrible and it is so big. I now it makes a good place to exercise as some people were there walking. Anyway we won't go there again unless necessary!

Went and had lunch at Red Lobster! The shrimp scampi was great the scallops soso! Loved the biscuits and mashed potatoes. No room for dessert. So that cut out a few calories.

Stopped at the thrift store and found 3 big ugly shirts to wear outside. Wouldn't want the wildlife to see anything they shouldn't. Prices have sure increased there. Went to WM and just bought needed items. No food! Stopped at the grocery store as they had Chicken breast at 98 cents a lb. Sure couldn't pass that up.

Tried a very easy cake and it made a nice change from cake and frosting.

Yellow cake mix
3 eggs and 1-20oz. can of crushed pineapple. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes. Can eat like that ,with whipped cream or ice cream.

I did miss frosting.

Gotta go as Ty is looking for you know what!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
7:15 AM

Post #9372146

Just watched an 18 month old snowboarding on the news! LOL

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2013
7:51 AM

Post #9372189

Happy New Year everyone! Looking for a healthy, happy & prosperous 2013 for all of you!!!

Love the photo Sandy.

Melva - I like the neutral idea. lol

Vicki - you sound like you are just full of energy today.

We weighed Scirocco this morning - she lost another 0.2lbs. She's just so tiny now. She sleeps on the radiators. I bet she's cold w/nothing to insulate her. I'm going to call the vet and ask him to talk with the other vets in the practice to see if they can come up with any ideas since the prednisone is clearly not working. She's dropped 0.6lbs during the 2wks she's been getting the steroid.

Dianne - how did Diesel doing after his counter surf incident?

Debbie - I hope it was an issue-free evening for you & DH.

Tam

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
8:00 AM

Post #9372193

Oh Tam getting more worried about Scirocco! Do you feed her separately to know how much she is eating. Maybe warm up the food a bit so it is more smelly. Have they checked her teeth? Hope something is discovered and soon!

That raisin toast was really good. Even ate an extra slice. Told DH we should of bought a loaf for the freezer!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
8:50 AM

Post #9372247

Tammy, I am sure Scirroco's blood sugar has been checked? Weight loss was one of the symptoms for Ginger's diabetes. I would try warm and smelly too. I think if a cat can't smell her food she won't go to it.

Vicki, raisin toast sounds yummy. I had a raisin bagel for breakfast.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 1, 2013
9:14 AM

Post #9372271

I made bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast. Knew it would be a busy day.

Tree is down, ornaments and snowmen packed away. Some of my "winter" fest snowmen still out til Spring.

Spencer "The Professors" cage is cleaned. Then DH helped clean out a cabinet to put in some of the new pots/pans storage.

I have a very determined squirrel out front digging out peanuts. Tried getting a picture but didn't work. The sun finally came out!!!

Tam, I would brainstorm with the vet also. At one time with Daisy, we would give her 1 tablespoon of food at a time...and tease her with the
taste. I mean, to really make sure she had it in front of her when she was hungry, ate that and if wanted more...put a tad more down. Just to make sure
she ate it all. She still will not eat food that has sat there for over an hour.

They did a complete thyroid panel, not just the basic one? Memory (YankeeCat) has all three of her babies with thyroid issues now and no idea why.
Only other thing I can think, put her on a high calorie kitten food.

Debbie

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
11:20 AM

Post #9372397

Tammy when I had a cat who wouldn't eat, the Vet told me to warm her food so it was smelly..as others have stated ...cats sometimes will not eat if they don't smell their food (maybe that is why they make it so smelly in the first place)
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
11:52 AM

Post #9372441

Here is the cowl I knit. I'll have to see if I can wear it - I don't wear wool well.

Thumbnail by elsie

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 1, 2013
11:58 AM

Post #9372446

Happy New Years Day everyone. Hope you all get the spend in the manner you wish to.

Gorgeous sunny but crisp day out there. SO much for the Weather Liars' forecasted snow storm.

Went to bed about 9 pm, fell asleep about 11 pm but woke up just in time to see the ball descend in Times Square.Spent some time scouring the TV channels to see if the Al Jolson Story was on. When I was a kid and used to babysit on NYE it was always on. Would like to see it again.

Going to try for a nap. Enjoy your day everyone. Debbie I loved the photo of Paul in the Tang you posted on FB. Think the smile on his face said it all.
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 1, 2013
12:37 PM

Post #9372472

Elsie, that is pretty, I bet Chloe would crawl in that and make a nest. You don't want me to knit do you?
I think the cowl necks are comfy if made with a thinner yard/thread.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 1, 2013
1:32 PM

Post #9372529

very nice elsie!! looks nice and warm.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
3:06 PM

Post #9372591

I found Corky's collar and name tag...it looks too small I may have to get another one for him.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 1, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9372594

There should be an adjustment slide on it Melva, most cat ones do.

Regarding dinner: There will be no vampires in this house for some time. Someone went a bit overboard with garlic.

BUT the chicken parm meatballs were not bad at all...considering we all ate them, we all smell like garlic!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
3:11 PM

Post #9372598

Good to know you will be safe from vampires Deb!

Elsie I hate something up around my neck like that.

Have dozed on and off all afternoon.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9372613

The collar is too small even using the slide feature..is there a big and tall shop for cats? (kidding)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 1, 2013
4:02 PM

Post #9372615

Of all things Melva...you may have to shop at the "portly poodle" or "fluffy feline" emporiums!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
6:08 PM

Post #9372704

Watched 2 good movies today. Just finished watching the 2nd one.
first we watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. I bet the book was lots better. Then we watched the remake of Total Recall. That was good also. But I did miss some parts from the first one. If you like SF you need to see it. The effects were great.

Need to make me a sandwich or something.

Deb love the names of those places to shop! LOL
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 1, 2013
6:10 PM

Post #9372709

Diesel was none the worse for wear after his butter indulgence. A little gassy last night but that was all. Guess he did me a favour and stopped me from making Warren's heart attack shortbread cookies. I have had a real hankering for some and also for French Onion soup. Think I will start the onion soup in the morning.

How are all our sickies feeling tonight? Way better I hope!!

Heading to bed soon to read. Reading Heads in Beds a true story of a person in the hotel industry. Lots of good hints of how to get upgrades when staying at certain hotels.

Sweet dreams everyone!

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 1, 2013
6:11 PM

Post #9372713

Vicki the book was excellent!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
6:31 PM

Post #9372726

Dianne the movie was good also but the book is always better. More detail! Have never had onion soup. Might have to try it some day.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
6:49 PM

Post #9372742

Vicki, now that you have seen the movie, you do need to read the book. Way good. Holds your attention to the point you don't want to put it down, but it is a thick book.

Dianne, I wondered if Diesel had the trots today from the butter lube job! Glad that he is non the worse for his counter surfing. Maybe you could keep a bottle of water handy, and spritz him in the face when he shows an interest in what is up there. Won't take but just a few times for him to get the idea that he isn't supposed to be nosing around.

Melva, now is that a polite way to say that Corky is a portly cat? Hehe. I know it surprises me how they grow, if they don't wear a collar all the time.

Debbie, so glad to hear that the vampires won't be a problem at your place. You should come smell my house in the summer when I am making the roasted tomato sauce. Very garlicky.

Elsie, that is beautiful, and looks good on you. I however look like I am emerging from a long winter's nap and have part of the blanket wrapped around my neck! Wear it and enjoy. I love that color and it looks good on you. My neighbor gave me one of those ruffled scarfs for christmas, and I am trying to decide how to wear that. With sweaters, or with coats? I am a fashion disaster. I call my DGD my fashion police, as she is very vocal if I put on something that doesn't look right, or colors go together or something like that. However, she is not here all the time.

Sandy, are you still working on pictures and calendars? Will you make all of them the same, or will the pictures be different?

Tammy I am getting worried about Scirroco too. Maybe try the warm food, or make sure that she is actually eating, by hand feeding her, check her teeth, I don't know. I hope with all the vets brainstorming they can come up with something. I am glad that she seems to not be sick or feeling bad, but it is troubling for the weight to just keep falling off. Maybe Debbie's suggestion of some higher calorie kitten food to help her at least maintain her weight. Is Gary feeling better?

In addition to my voice still being gone, I started coughing today. I just knew I had cough syrup, but when I looked, not a drop to be found. So I am taking honey tonight, and will be heading to the pharmacy first thing in the morning to get some.

I did go back to the venue where they butchered the hog and helped with the packaging of it. The recipe that we had to season sausage was for 18 pounds of meat, and when it was weighed, we had 70 pounds of meat. So had to go back and adjust the seasonings. We will take it to be ground tomorrow. The guys rendered the lard, and had a 5 gallon can of the purest white lard you have ever seen. Just think of all the delicious pie crusts that will make!

I had taken Mr. B with me this morning, and the snow had started to melt, and it was just a brown nasty mess outside. He played and was determined to catch a mouse that was in the garage, and when we got ready to come home, instead of being a white and brown dog, he was a beige and brown dog. I put him in the shower enclosure closed the doors and with a bucket of water wet him down, soaped him up, rinsed and then toweled him with a pet chamois, then a towel to finish drying him. A spritz of Adams flea spray, and he is a new dog. He headed under the bed, which is his usual pouting place, but only stayed there about 5 minutes, and has been on the couch ever since. It was the easiest bath that he has ever had. Guess it felt good. He seems to be scared of the running water, and shower spray, so this turned out to be just the thing.

Tomorrow I am heading out to go to the pharmacy,and while out to the grocery to get what I need in the way of food. Certainly no pork is needed.

If I failed to say it, Happy New Year to all my friends here on the pets forum.

Oh, btw, tomorrow is DH's and my anniversary. 48 years! If I had killed him that first year, I would be out of prison by now! No, I guess he is a keeper.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 1, 2013
7:06 PM

Post #9372756

Happy Anniversary BonnieB and DH.. You are 10 ahead of me or is it nine. Seems so long it is hard to remember at times!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 1, 2013
7:19 PM

Post #9372773

I got stuck working on my kitchen design. All day.

Scirocco only eats dry food. We see/hear her eating. We bought higher calorie version of what we feed Fred since she eats his. She had her teeth cleaned a year ago. Full thyroid panels. Twice. She runs from us now since we keep squirting yucky stuff in her mouth every time we catch her.

Good night all.

Tam

PS: Loretta - that's a lovely photo of you! I love those glasses - they are the new ones?
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 1, 2013
7:34 PM

Post #9372784

Happy Anniversary BonnieB! My DM has one of the ruffled scarves I made for her. She wears it with a top or a blazer just hanging down. I rarely wear a scarf indoors - mostly for outside. With the short hair my neck gets very cold. I need to get to my DB's to get my everyday scarf.

Tammy, I hope they can figure out what's up with Scirocco. Kitten food would be a good idea. Yes, they are my new glasses - thanks.

I finished my shawl that I started last May I think. I needed the needles. Now I have started on a new scarf. Again, Chloe was most helpful getting my circular needles organized.

Well I guess it's off to bed. I am going to have some trouble getting up for work tomorrow.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 1, 2013
8:16 PM

Post #9372808

BonnieB Happy Anniversary. All of the calenders will be the same if I can get my stupid laptop working right. The only thing keeping me from drop kicking it is I am afraid I would hurt my self and I do not need another pain.

I am going to call it a night,

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 1, 2013
8:16 PM

Post #9372809

Regarding Corky...let's just say he looks as if he has not missed many meals..ever! Phil tried to measure his neck and Corky was not cooperative in the least.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 1, 2013
9:04 PM

Post #9372854

Happy Anniversary BonnieB and Wayne!! Wow that is a lot of years together.Hope you are feeling better tomorrow. Do you have a certain type of cough syrup you use? Delsym is excellent if you can find it. I use that when I don't have my Rxd cough syrup on hand.

I chuckled Vicki when you were talking about the mall you and Steve visited. I feel the same way about the huge mall in Kingston. Now half the grocery stores are the size of what malls were in the early 70's. Get the book - Bonnie is right it is huge but once you get into it you won't want to put it down. The whole trilogy is like that., you just can't put the book down once you start. How unfortunate Larsson died so young.

Quill would only eat if I hand fed her today but did manage to wobble outside a couple of times to relieve herself. What a brave, tough little girl she is ... I am so proud of her.

Dinner sounded good Debbie. I need to make up some sauce and meatballs to freeze' Do you think the new spices helped the 'intense' garlic taste? I love garlic so there would be no complaints from me;

Going to try for bed now.
Dianne

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 2, 2013
12:58 AM

Post #9372909

Happy New Year everyone!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2013
4:12 AM

Post #9372936

Good morning

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2013
4:42 AM

Post #9372944

Good morning, it is dark seems much earlier. Maybe it is cloudy and I am not able to tell it. Anyway, it is cold, that I do know and just as soon as I find some breakfast, I am heading out to the grocery store.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2013
5:50 AM

Post #9372978

Good Morning!

Happy Anniversary BonnieB!!!

I guess its time to swear a bit... yes... its time... for... WORK!

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 2, 2013
6:13 AM

Post #9373000

Morning! Warmer out there today. 12 degrees and cloudy. No snow in the forecast. Which is fine with me.

Elsie that is a good picture of you and I do like the glasses. Are you back to work today?

Tam I will be swearing later. Wish I had a few more days off as DH went back to work today. I was a slug the past 2 days.

Raisin toast again today.

Dianne glad to hear Quill is hanging in there.

Better go and find Ty's breakfast. Then get the dishes caught up again.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
6:49 AM

Post #9373026

Happy Anniversary BonnieB & Wayne!!!

And Good morning to all , dragging a bit but DH & DD are both at work in Rochester.

Quite cold here, the real feel is "12". Yikes! Izzy didn't even want to stay out. Coffee is brewing and seems to be taking extra long! lol

DS I think has work today also. I have to leave here early and go pick up DD in Rochester at Red Cross as Paul has his Apheresis donation today and that takes about 2 1/2 hours. Might go a bit early and wander the mall. I haven't been in a store since Dec. 22 I think! lol

Dianne, I use fresh garlic and minced it up. The cloves were VERY tiny, so thought I should use extra. NOPE! BUT the other spices seem so much fresher
and more flavorful.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2013
8:45 AM

Post #9373109

BonnieB & Wayne A very Happy Anniversary

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2013
8:52 AM

Post #9373118

Debbie - raw garlic is healthier but much more pungent than cooked.

Vicki - I was very efficient in my time management yesterday. I never bothered to change out of my PJs - saved time at the beginning & ending of the day. Talk about being a slug! lol

Adina - I think I might end up luckier than you on teh finger tip. I seem to have some feeling in the tips of both fingers. Whew! They are bruised but it looks like the cuts are healing shut.

BonnieB - again, thank for the epsoms salts idea. It really seems to help draw out any sign of infection.

Sandy - I think I got caught by the home architect program like you have been with your photo editing SW. lol

The vets office said the vet who has been treating Scirocco will be in the office at noon. He will call us when he has a free slot. I've asked to have copies made of her test results so we can pick them up too.

She sure is leery of getting too close to either one of us. Except at night when we are in bed. She's hiding now I'm sure. lol

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 2, 2013
8:57 AM

Post #9373126

Tam poor baby! Would it help to catch her and just pet her like normal. Does she get a treat after her meds? I had to change out of jammies as we had to go and pick up the movies! So Ty got to go for a ride and he was very happy!

Well I have started on the back room again. Figured I'd start from the outside and work my way into the cabinets. Got rid of all the garden catalogs from last year. Well most of them as I am sure I will run across more.

Better sit and write out a couple of bills that need paid.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
8:58 AM

Post #9373130

Gee Tam, now you tell me! LOL I am a cooking work in progress! Sure hope the Vet has ideas and you can check things out.
I always worry about FIP with my cats, we had a cat with it years ago and there are two forms. (wet & dry). After checking things
out I am afraid that is what Franky has. It can lay dormant for years.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
8:59 AM

Post #9373132

Vicki, I had a chuckle. I started to work on our back room...great intentions. Opened the door, looked at the mess DH had piled in there...and shut the door.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 2, 2013
9:06 AM

Post #9373139

Deb my puter is back here so I really should clean it. I keep looking at it everyday. No door to shut! LOL

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 2, 2013
9:07 AM

Post #9373140

Going to try to save some money. Will Save all $5 bills I get and see how that works. I already save change and that adds up pretty good. In 10 months when a card is paid off I can really start saving then.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
9:07 AM

Post #9373141

That is what I want to do, move the computer back there and get the bed set up in there. DH moved everything from DDs apartment, from DSs dorms, and who knows what "spare" stuff in there. I had crafting shelf organized but he has shoved stuff all over that also.

Perhaps I will clean it and move him in the back room!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9373144

I never have change. I always "round up for Children's" or "Ronald McDonald" house and they donate change to that organization. We save the recycled cans that have a deposit and turn those in and put in a jar for dinner out now and then.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 2, 2013
9:12 AM

Post #9373145

Why can't DD and DS move their belongings into their rooms and store it? That way you still have your room to do what you want. Besides it's not like they are home much to be in their rooms except to sleep. Just a thought!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
9:19 AM

Post #9373154

There is no room in their rooms at all. There rooms are about 10 X 11, with full size beds, dresser and computer set up for school each. They have under bed storage and the works. Attic is packed also...that was our goal, to get a huge dumpster to rent and clean out this house. BUT they run from $600 up. DH said the $600 one was too small!!! Right now can't go in attic as the temp up there is not much different than it is outside...maybe 20 degrees difference.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2013
12:10 PM

Post #9373272

I'm just not in the mood for WORK today. I've done a little - mostly just catching up on emails.

Vicki - Scirocco will not take any treat we've ever tried. She doesn't like canned food or any table scraps I've ever found. So no treats. I do try to pet her when I see her. We even skipped the meds one day. But she can tell we're just biding our time before we snatch her up and force that poison down her throat. I sure wished spiking the milk had worked! She does take a few mouthfuls of that when I put it down and leave her alone with it. Or at least she has twice.

Debbie - try roasting the garlic. Cut the top off and add a touch of oil, wrap in tin foil and roast when you have the oven on. It takes only 15-20min. Let it cool 'til you can handle and then squeeze it out of the "paper" wrappings. Its good on bread/rolls or added to almost anything you would add garlic too. Very sweet and mild this way.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2013
12:48 PM

Post #9373299

Hi everyone, I over did it the last couple of days, going to call it quit early, have cloths in the washing machine but can not walk that far. My 1 daily drink has became 2 today and I have a new favorite Tres Leches Triple Cream Liqueur little stronger than I like but oh is the flavor good. Maybe I can go to bed early

S and A
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 2, 2013
1:27 PM

Post #9373327

Sandy...have you ever had Tres Leches Cake? it is so good I am going to have a birthday party in March so I can have a piece (or 2) I think it would be dangerous to have a whole cake around..with a party, I will have help eating it.
Who makes the chicken and dressing casserole? I need to know how to make it.
Tammy, would your kitty eat dry food witha little tuna oil added..or sardine?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2013
1:34 PM

Post #9373331

melva no I have not had the really thing

S and A
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2013
1:35 PM

Post #9373333

Sandy, you are drinking way too early. Hehe. I used to have a beer when I got home from work. Just put my feet up and rested a bit before having to start supper. That was many moons ago, as I have not had a drink in 15 years or so.

Tammy, that is a time saving idea. Even if you have to run out plenty of folks are going out in pajamas, and no one blinks an eye. I certainly wouldn't/couldn't do it, but hey, you could I guess. Hope the vet has some ideas about Scirroco, poor girl.

Debbie, gosh I think everybody has a room like that. I have my 3rd bedroom that is rarely used, and if I don't know what to do with something, it goes there. Also, items to be taken to the attic, usually reside there until a trip is planned. I made an attic trip the other day, and later that day found a couple of things that really needed to go up. You are right too cold to work up there now.

Vicki, hmmm, saving $5 bills. That would work, only DH or DS is always asking do you have a $5? Maybe I can squirrel them away and not carry them too long in my wallet. What am I saying, nothing resides in my wallet very long.

We were going out to eat tonight, but I sort of nixxed that. I haven't felt well all day, so told DH that I would cook tonight and we would go out this weekend. I have been very chilled and sneezing and of course coughing. So thought it best to stay in and try to get over this nasty stuff.

Back later, as things I am cooking need tending.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2013
3:07 PM

Post #9373419

BonnieB, it's 5:00 somewhere. hehe

Vicki, thanks about the picture. The cowl is nice and warm and so soft. It's Chloe approved. With my short hair I need something around my neck in this cold weather.

It got really cold this morning - and the car wouldn't start. That battery charger thing I have is a very good thing. I have to get two new tires and all of the rims sealed so they stop leaking.

It took me 45 minutes for all of the emails to come through this morning. I talked and emailed with some really nice customers today. Then there were the others.

I think I'm going to have some soup. Then I need to move some furniture so I can turn my exerciser around so I can use it.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2013
3:22 PM

Post #9373432

I think I was doomed to be sick. DH was feeling better earlier but said he was not shot later this afternoon. Around 4pm I started feeling off and now I have a slight cough and a little scratchy throat. I fear I'm coming down with a cold. Rats!

Melva - I'm 99% sure she would not try the tuna liquid but I can give it a try. Thanks for the idea. My other kitties would do just about anything for tuna water!

Elsie - I should have also added that the cowl is really nice. I get too hot with something like that but on a cold day it might work.

Of course the vet called while I was on a conf. call. Gary talked w/him. He said there's not much more he can offer other than to check her again and do another blood test. Two already. If we wanted to pursue additional testing, we'd need to see a specialist. I guess I'll schedule the appointment and talk with him when I take her in. And will pick up the lab test results.

Debbie - we had all the cats testing for FIP a while ago. All clean. Scirocco is indoors only & the others are up to date on vaccines. I know there are several forms of FIP w/o vaccine. I'll find out if they tested her with these recent blood tests.

Sandy - ditto Loretta's comment. :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
3:34 PM

Post #9373447

Tam, there are usually no blood tests that can tell. It can say "they came in contact" but not if they have an active case. Something to do with antibodies and titers.
Our kitty that had it, Baby, had never been outside since she was born...and she had full blown wet at age 8. They said she could have had it from birth, passed from Mom. BUT more known now than back in 1997 with that.

Things are not good here. It is going to be a rough night...say a prayer. I will update when I can.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 2, 2013
3:35 PM

Post #9373448

LOL It has been a rough day, I usually either do not drink at all or only have one, I am on my third, but it does seem to be helping. When I start to hurt a lot then my muscles tighten up and that makes me hurt more, this seems to be making me relax and I am not hurting as much. BUT I do not plan to make a habit of it.

Going to go to bed early

Good night everyone

sandy and andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 2, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9373476

Sometimes Sandy ya gotta do what you gotta do!! If you are hurting so much and you have had a rough day I think sometimes a couple of drinks are no worse for you than pain killers. And lets face it pain killers are not your friend. We know you don't make a practice of extra drinking - enjoy the feeling of less pain and get some rest.

My goodness we seem to be having a cyber virus passing around on here. Now I have a scratchy, sore throat and the sniffles.Who started this bug anyway????

Glad you had some nice people to deal with today Elsie. I honestly don't know how you do your job. I would be wearing that beautiful cowl neck sweater of yours and hiding behind the cowl all day at work.

Well I don't have an attic to put things in but we do have 2 bunkies - both 12 x 14. One is completely stuffed with Frank's belongings and he tells me after another year he is looking at a 2 year extension in Cairo. I think I am going to have to break it to him that this summer he must find a new home for all of his tools and such.He is coming for a visit tomorrow. He is a tad cranky with me as I would not go out to dinner with him on Dec 28. I had told him way back in September I wanted to be alone that day but he kept insisting we go out. I finally lost it with him - I hate doing that especially when we are so far apart most of the year. When he called today he apologized for being so pushy ... I think Deb, his lady, must have spoken to him.lol

UPS is to come tomorrow - guess what? Snow storm forecasted.. I have made arrangements that he can leave the parcels on bad weather days at my old neighbour's on the township road. It is just the 1 UPS driver, all of the others never find a problem.Although 1 of the drivers did remind me I haven't had any homemade cookies for a long time.

Sending positive thoughts to you Debbie. Hope you can feel them!

Need to look for something to have for dinner.

Sleep well Sandy!!!

Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2013
6:02 PM

Post #9373617

Tammy, I guess it was me who started passing the virus around. I sat too close to the screen and breathed. Sorry that you are not feeling well. I have developed the cold too, and just since yesterday. Sure hope that it doesn't last too long.

Debbie, I am sending warm thoughts to you. Hang in there, it has to get better.

Elsie, I am so glad that you have nice people to talk to scattered in among the butt heads. I didn't mention it but your glasses are so becoming to you.

Dianne, if you had made it a point of saying that you wanted to be alone, then doggone it you shouldn't have had to lose your temper and tell him that you didn't want to go out. Some people think that you don't know your own mind, or that they can get you to change it. Glad that there won't be any lasting hard feelings.

Melva, I do have a chicken, noodle and dressing casserole recipe. I will dmail it to you.

Vicki, did you get any cleaning done today?

Sandy, I hope you know that I am only kidding with you. You are over 21, and you are at home and not out driving, so drink away. I know I sometimes think that a stiff drink would help my arthritis, but I decline.

I need to tackle a pile of paper tomorrow, as well as some laundry and the house is a pig sty. Seems nobody but me notices things like this.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 2, 2013
6:30 PM

Post #9373633

Sandy - enjoy! And drink some water before you go to bed. :-)

Good night everyone!
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 2, 2013
6:45 PM

Post #9373647

I hope that everyone feels better.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 2, 2013
6:48 PM

Post #9373651

I just ate some Oreos and milk...its a start.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2013
4:10 AM

Post #9373842

Good morning everyone

BonnieB yes I know.

I do not hurt as bad this morning. Funny thing is even thought that was more than I ever drink I was not even buzzed. Was relax and a little sleepy
Beside it probable kept me from screaming at my not so dear mom. Who last night asked where we where going tomorrow. I told her "No where!!!" I sometimes wonder if she ever listens to what I tell her.

Andre washed m feet good this morning, silly dog.

Hoping everyone gets better quickly and DO NOT send that stuff to me.

Sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2013
4:44 AM

Post #9373852

Good morning, been up since 3:45 with a coughing fit. Never could go back to sleep. So have had my coffee, read the paper, and now ready to get started on my day.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 3, 2013
6:18 AM

Post #9373923

BonnieB we could have had tea together if we were closer. I was up then too. Just can't sleep again. The new sleeping pills when they work are fantastic but they don't work every time I take them. I think I need something to shut down my brain or what is left of it.

Glad I stocked up on cold and flu meds in Dec.. I have what could be a dilly of a cold coming on. A medicinal drink will definitely be in order before I go to bed tonight.

Need to get the floors swept efore Frank gets here. Diesel thinks he is part beaver and gnaws away at the wood by the woodstove.He does it just enough to make a mess then is bored with the whole thing.AT least he confines it to in front of the wood stove now, before he carted the logs all through the house.

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9373938

Still snowing here, coming off the Lake so could be a lot.

Dianne, watch Diesels teeth with the wood, Izzy got splinters in hers and infected when a pup.

I have hit a wall, no desire even for coffee.
Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
6:39 AM

Post #9373941

Good Morning!

I didn't sleep well either - coughing and such. I think we should all make a pact to not share crud here on HWYD!

I have a nice cuppa tea here in the office with me. Pixel was thinking about work for a little while but decided she needed to get outside. Truffles really wants to have a meeting. She follows me where ever I go. (She's good at popping open the bathroom door too). So we're in the office together figuring out what we should do. Thank goodness no conf. calls today.

Debbie - chocolate helps with most difficulties. Glad the oreos helped.

Sandy - sounds like the alcohol is a much better solution than those opioids for you!

I plan on drinking lots of hot tea w/honey & lemon & taking a nap this afternoon. And suggest all you other cold & flu sufferers try the same.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9373944

cross posted w/you Debbie. I think you should have a cup of tea even if you don't feel like it. Or something to drink. Do you have ginger to make ginger tea perhaps?

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
6:52 AM

Post #9373956

No, no ginger. I am actually sipping some ginger ale. Thinking I need to put orange juice and something else in it

Will put the tea pot on, that sounds like a better idea.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2013
6:53 AM

Post #9373957

Well, I have a load of laundry going, have cleaned the floor in the kitchen/dining room, and swept down the front entry. Have paid some bills and now have decided to clean the laundry room. It is dirty where the two outside dogs sleep at night, so will tackle that in a bit. Casper went out early this morning, and I fed him when he came back in, so that he would sleep awhile longer.

It is chilly but the sun is shining brightly, Mr. B is laying in front of the open front door, soaking up some rays.

Just told DH that when he goes out, if he stops somewhere that gives free calendars, to pick up one for this desk, noboby sent one this year. Guess they are cutting back on office/advertising costs. Not that I have any appointments, but I do need one every once in awhile to try to figure out what day/week it is.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9373961

Tammy, I am sitting back far from the monitor today, Dianne, you don't get too close, as I don't want to share my germs. I want your cold to be completely Canadian!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 3, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9374013

Morning! Coffee and breakfast both down the hatch! LOL Ty is fed and I am ready to start doing more cleaning?sorting type stuff.

BonnieB I actually got the dishes done again. threw out last years garden catalogs. Cleaned and put away shoes I had on the floor in the back room. It will be slow going but it is a start. I also did some paperwork and sent out some checks. Filled the bird feeders. Took the mail out and checked and put wood in the stove. DH thinks I did nothing. Surprise!!!

Sorry you all are getting sick. So far I just have a slightly runny nose. I keep my fingers crossed the Vitamin C keeps working.

20 degrees and no sun. A chance of snow today. So it can get colder with no snow.

Tam when is her appointment so we all can be there?

Dianne sorry your friend was being so pushy. When someone does that to me it is a guarantee that I will get VERY MAD!

I'd better go so I can get started. But will be back often since I will be working right by the puter!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
7:41 AM

Post #9374023

I feel like making a pot of bean soup. I'll see what I have to put one together.

Vicki - I'm not optimistic about another visit to the vet. But wished I'd been the one to talk to him so I will schedule it. OH - DH just told me that there is an explanation for her poor balance. Apparently they found signs of arthritis in her back. He neglected to tell me that before. grump. I'd been thinking it was from the same thing as her weight loss.

The vet told DH that if we could verify its cancer, they could give her some drugs. But would not recommend them if its not cancer. I hate that C-word.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 3, 2013
7:45 AM

Post #9374028

Gosh Tam I don't know what to say. Arthritis also. Poor baby! Give her some scritches for me.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
7:47 AM

Post #9374029

Oh I would love some bean soup. There is a place about 40 minutes from here (in clear roads) that makes the best navy bean soup with little bits of ham.
I am the only one in the house that will eat it so I don't make it.

Tam, I wish you could get some answers for Scirroco. Poor baby, you just don't know how to help her without answers.

I took a flintstone vitamin because you all have me worried about getting sick.

Dang, forgot the teapot was on!!! No whistle.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 3, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9374106

Deb that is what I took out of the freezer this morning. Should I expect you for supper?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2013
9:03 AM

Post #9374114

Tam yes as long as I am careful and do not over do it. Dad and my mom's dad where both alcoholics and as I inherited Native American blood form both it would be easy to became one.

BonnieB give me a week and I will send you one.

I went to the pool this morning, going to try to go 3/4 times a week.
Filled up all of the bird feeders.
Had lunch, now going to rest and find a game to play

Sandy and Andre

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2013
9:10 AM

Post #9374118

Oh, Sandy, I didn't mean to beg. It is just so unusual for us not to have received a calendar from some business place. You know I would love one, and I will send you the postage for being so nice. Just think I will get to see your pictures all year long. You are so sweet.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9374141

Vicki, I will bring a nice chiabatta roll to go with the soup! What time should I be there?

I had tea, oatmeal with raisins & some sour dough toast. Two loads of laundry going and the dishwasher. Someone pee'd on the table so that is all cleaned
and sanitized yet again.

I don't see much luck with the feliway yet...but they said it takes time. I think I need to duct tape Huck, Daisy & Axl in front of it for breathing treatments!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 3, 2013
9:48 AM

Post #9374147

I have to work so if a late supper works for you come and spend the night. LOL or you could have an early supper with DH! Picturing cats duct taped! LMBO

earthling

earthling
Rowlett, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 3, 2013
9:49 AM

Post #9374150

Debbie, I wonder if Rescue Remedy drops would help calm them kitties down???

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
10:09 AM

Post #9374181

I think we had Rescue Remedy several years ago...that rings a bell. Thanks Kris!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2013
10:41 AM

Post #9374221

had a busy few days, with busy ones coming up...

got my blood test results back [so nice i can view them on line] and everything is normal.
granted, just 4 weeks after the gland removal... but all seems well.

I'm sure I will get retested in March... but i was glad to see things are status quo... guess the thyroid gland was not working at all.

Packed my suit case last night... and I can already hear DH in my head stating i'm taking too much.
So, i think I will eliminate 1 pr of shorts, from 2 to 1, eliminate the long sleeved shirt... if it's cold out, i'll just complain that I'm, cold, or put on the 1 sweat shirt I'm bringing.

I guess I don't see how I can bring a weeks worth, or even 10 days worth of closes, when I'm gone 8 weeks... and forget the 'formal' dress for the cruise... I have black slacks and a black sleeveless top.
I'm really cutting back on shoes too. 1 yr I brought 7 - but I think that included my dress boots as it was cold when we left.

I'll also cut back swimsuits, from 2 bottoms and 4 tops, to 2 bottoms and 2 tops... but not that they take up much room.

There is absolutely no way I can get everything into 1 suit case.

**sorry to gripe so much**

Bummer so many of you have the crud. So far, I've stayed healthy this year -- and plan to keep it that way.

I swear by a Neti pot and vitamins when i feel something 'coming on'

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
10:56 AM

Post #9374236

I've got a big pot of bean soup on the stove. I used some left over beef stock and am not happy with that flavor but otherwise its good. I saute'd 1.5 onions, 5 cloves garlic, 4 celery sticks & 2 carrots & added that. 1 lg can crushed tomatoes & 3 links of sweet sausage. Seasoned with some chipoltle pepper powder, juice from a lemon, bay leaf, salt & pepper.

Terese - My plan was to stay healthy too. I think DH brought the bug into the house. Not my fault lol. Great news on the thyroid levels - no need for a lot of blood tests! Will it be too cool to wear the shorts much?

I'm off to take a nap next.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013

Post #9374237

You should get one of those "vacuum bags" for suitcases. Most hotels have a vac you can use as the are common now for travelers.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2013
12:09 PM

Post #9374298

Tam -- the thing is... i'll be there Jan 11 - March 9th at the latest... could be cold or HOT. i have no idea. I've been watching the weather... so far, mid60's to low 70's and 40'-50's at night.

Debbie -- I did pick up a few of those bags... will see how I can make them work.

I feel like a nap too... just too much to get done today... probably go to bed early again.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2013
12:52 PM

Post #9374329

BonnieB I know and I have planned on making enough to share, just some things keep getting in the way.

Like tomorrow I get to spend the whole day at the Dental collage--lucky me!!! NOT!!!

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
1:01 PM

Post #9374340

Dianne, looks like the snow storm we had this morning is on its way over the lake to you. Dumped a couple inches.

Sandy, good luck tomorrow!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 3, 2013
2:32 PM

Post #9374448

Debbie It will be just a long day, morning will be the minor repair of 2 teeth and the afternoon will be to check the fit of the bridges

S and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 3, 2013
2:44 PM

Post #9374461

Terese - that's a pretty difficult temperature range to pack for!

Sandy - good luck with the dentist. I hope it goes well tomorrow.

I basically took a sick day today. I tried to take a nap but just rested for 30min. Hopefully I will get a better sleep tonight since I didn't get any during the day. I'm very well hydrated - have had 5 cups of tea today. LARGE cups. lol

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
3:05 PM

Post #9374474

Tam, I know what you will be doing tonight...running back and forth.

DH is out snow blowing and DD and I are going to the Walmart. MIL just called and DH's brother backed out of taking them
to Ohio this weekend, so now DH has to run them to Erie. Thats a day shot. I would go...but not sure I want trapped in the car with
MIL for 3 to 4 hours.

Not in a position to leave the house either as it is not good. I think DS is gone. Right now, I am OKay...just be patient with me.

Debbie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 3, 2013
3:16 PM

Post #9374485

(((Debbie)))

Its snowing thanks to Debbie. The soups sounded great so I made chicken noodle. Tomorrow I will tackle Potato Chowder.

Need to get going Diesel is being an absolute pest - online lessons from Andre no doubt. Need to save my toes!

Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2013
6:21 PM

Post #9374659

Good evening, I think I have hacked up at least one lung this afternoon, and seem to be working on getting the other all hacked up. Geesh. I have cough syrup, cough drops, have tried straight honey, seems nothing is helping. It is drainage down the back of my throat. If I had some whiskey, I know what I would do, a good hot toddy would be the next course I would try. Dianne, I did buy the Delsym and I like it.

Terese, the first time I went to the Bahamas, I used one of those space bags that you vacuum all the air out, and all of my things fit into one suitcase. That was years ago, and had a heck of a time finding a maid who would let me use their vacuum to pack to come home, but finally did. Got strange looks, from those natives wondering what I was gonna do with their vacuum. You could take all of what you had planned and still be able to get it in one suitcase. I talked to my DTS in Southwest florida tonight, and today's temps there was in the low 80's. Her DS sent her a picture of her yard covered in snow from last Sunday and told her that in case she got homesick, that is what home looked like. Glad that your levels are normal. So glad that the surgery has really helped. Do you see in any difference in your energy level?

Debbie, I am not even asking what is going on, just surfice it to say, I am keeping you and yours, even the cats in my thoughts and prayers. 3-4 hours in a car with DMIL? I would let DH take her wherever.

Dianne, you need to start turning off your computer when you have to be away from it. Diesel and Andre are cooking up all kinds of mischief. Snowing again eh? What do you put in your potato chowder? Sounds good.

Tammy, gosh the bean soup almost resembled veggie soup. I do like to add different things though. I like a good ham hock as the base, nothing better.

Has anyone made cracklin cornbread? DH and the neighbors cooked the lard down and have cracklins and he wanted to know if I would make him some. I am at a loss, and I have been a southern cook all my life. Bonnie, help, I know you will know.

Sandy, good luck tomorrow. Hope that it all goes well, and that there are no surprises in any of the work.

Well, gonna read some other threads, then I am off to bed.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 3, 2013
6:29 PM

Post #9374669

>.Do you see in any difference in your energy level?

none. I never had energy issues even with the 'dead' thyroid gland.
I always told my doctors... I never had any symptoms... if it didn't show up in blood work, never would have known.. until the nodule started growing.
also, never felt any different with or without meds either... very weird.

you DTS -- she's pretty far south, right... Ft Myers or Venice area??

I'll be a bit north or that... but anywhere in FL is warmer than IL right about now.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 3, 2013
7:15 PM

Post #9374707

She is in Englewood, between Sarasota and Ft Meyers. Nice area.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 3, 2013
7:23 PM

Post #9374708

Englewood is the other side of Venice, very nice area.

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 3, 2013
10:13 PM

Post #9374826

Hiya, just popping in & catching/reading up on everyone's New Year :-) minus some crud going on, everyone seems to be doing good! Trying to get to sleep & failing miserably! Be good & have a great weekend! Bec

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
3:02 AM

Post #9374881

Good morning everyone
Bec glad to see you drop in. I had trouble sleeping last night also

Can any one tell me why I was so stupid to arrange 2 dental appointments on one day??
Maybe is because I am ready for this to be over

s and a
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 4, 2013
4:48 AM

Post #9374927

Sandy, I was part of the sleepless brigade as well. This is getting old!

Good to see ya Bec. How is the new furry?

Bitterly cold and very windy, think I will take my book and head baack to bed for awhile.
Its Friday!!
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 4, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9374957

Good morning, it is cold but the sun is shining. Why does that make us feel so much better? Anyway working on breakfast. Will be back later

~~~ at Bec.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
6:02 AM

Post #9374982

Bec, sorry you couldn't sleep...perhaps a nap with a furry will be on the agenda. I could send Huck if you need a clingy cat to wrap around you. I think he is part
of my aches and pains issue in the morning.

Not much sleep here, my mind is reeling.

Dianne, batten down the hatches, wind over here is horrid, they say gusts to 50 mph along with snow showing up.

I had some orange juice, but decided to put the coffee on also.

So far this morning, I had a visit by a beautiful red cardinal outside the kitchen window...I needed that.

Debbie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 4, 2013
6:19 AM

Post #9375002

Sunny, cold and windy here too.

Sandy -- I'd guess... to save on gas?? 1 trip instead of 2 ? get it over with in one day??

Sorry to hear some folks have a tough time sleeping... that is a rarity with me, i guess i feel blessed... DH has troubles a lot too.

Debbie -- I too love cardinals. they are so beautiful.

Today is a Walmart day... taking Alex and Jeanna and DH said he will come too. Tick tock... running out of time to get all the shopping done.
Saturday we have to drive to Evanston [not one of my favorite things to do] and having a family "lunch" at my dad's.
Sunday is ... packing and watching football
Monday is dinner with the soon to be In-Laws at their house.
Tuesday is all last minute stuff
Wednesday - 5am hitting the road.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 4, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9375042

Morning! Almost time to feed Ty. He is sitting here waiting for me.

Don't know where to start.

Sandy I would also assume to get it done. Now if I would just get started.

I basically slept well. Just didn't sleep as long as I would of liked. A funny thing happened this morning. Coincidence or what. I heard Ty move and the phone rang. It was my mom. It was just so weird the timing of it.

Have to think of something for supper. Work in the back room. A few misc. things. So will be back here and can pop in.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
7:12 AM

Post #9375053

I want to try my new dutch oven tonight, but don't know what to experiment with. I have some chicken but am in a "foul" mood for "fowl" as seems
all we have.

By the way...I need a place to stay. DH is doing his "colon cleansing" this weekend and I do not want to be here!!! No coffee and no food Sunday...
Maybe I can get the doctor to do some extra work on him Monday while scoping!!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2013
7:28 AM

Post #9375066

Good Morning!

Bec - sorry to hear you had a sleepless night.

Debbie - maybe you could make some soup in the new dutch oven. Good luck w/the "prep" for your DH.

Sandy - getting it overwith quick. I like to bundle up all I dislike together so its nasty but quickly over. Good luck!

Terese- sounds like you've got it all mapped out. :-)

BonnieB - sunshine sure does help perk up the mood doesn't it? On my soup - I stuff veggies into everything I can. Keeps the calories down and the nutrients up.

Dianne - sounds like Diesel has been learning from Andre. :-)

This crud has really taken hold. I have the worst headache ever. I want to get Scirocco into the vet but I feel really lousy. Will see how I am later today.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
7:37 AM

Post #9375074

I checked and I do have some stew meat, but DD won't eat beef stew. I feel I should make something she will eat...because she has been
working really hard and so far so good. They got an "incentive" raise yesterday. Works with DH during the week and Target on weekends.
BUT this is only til Jan. 18 then done with DH.

We have everything for homemade pizza and lots of veggies for a nice one and I could add chicken to that.

OR...could use my frozen turkey parts and make a turkey and brown rice, which I think would win out!

Just heard a noise upstairs...thought one of the cats was locked in room. Imagine my surprise when "I am never setting foot in this house again" was
sleeping in his bed.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 4, 2013
7:40 AM

Post #9375076

What a relief that noise must of been Debbie! I dug some cooked chicken out of the freezer for chicken and dumplings. Will add carrots and potatoes. maybe green beans also. Sounds like a plan.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 4, 2013
7:47 AM

Post #9375084

Oh my Debbie - guess the cold and lack of bed in another spot made DS' decision a little easier last night. (((Debbie))) Sending you positive thoughts of strength and comfort. WIll he actually come out and talk to you or will he just disappear into the air? That was one of my DB's favourite tricks.

Frigid and windy here - spending time inside today for sure. Sure glad all that wood got moved into the carport yesterday. I can get a week's supply of wood into the car port so just watch for nicer and warmer days to replenish the pile.

Still haven't had breakfast but I hear Diesel at his so think I will follow suit.Spending my morning trying to get an actual person at UPS in Kingston to tell me why my deliveries were and Exception and couldn't be delivered. Grrrrrr!!!!!

Food first then regroup and plan my next foray at UPS. What ever happened to the time when you could pick up a phone and talk to a real human being.????

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
7:49 AM

Post #9375087

Dianne, he will dress...come down stairs and go strait out the front door would be my guess.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 4, 2013
7:54 AM

Post #9375094

Not right Deb not right! But that's the way it is. At least you know he is okay.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 4, 2013
2:49 PM

Post #9375559

I hope you were all getting better today.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
2:59 PM

Post #9375570

I took a nap. No soup. Chicken sandwiches. Oooops!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
3:26 PM

Post #9375598

I am home and I have had another very trying day!!!
The fillings went ok but we had time and she started to try tine frame work for the partials BUT GUESS WHAT???
They did not fit!!! 3 Professors and my student tried to get them to fit but they had to give up. So we had to do new molds of the upper teeth-BUT GUESS WHAT??? They had problems getting a good imprint. Took 4 attemps to get one. Get out of there after 3pm.

Huggs and waves to everyone, I have a drink and I am going to prop my feet up and drift

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 4, 2013
3:28 PM

Post #9375599

Nasty bitter cold, windy day here. Thank you Debbie! I am positive we would have received this weather even if Debbie hadn't pointed it this way but it is fun to point the finger. Of course there are lots of times Debbie could be pointing at me. Gotta love those Great Lakes!What did you decide on for dinner Debbie? Beef stew sure sounded good to me.

Diesel and I walked up the lane and visited with a lovely young couple who live here year round. I so enjoy their company and their 2 kids are real outside kids just like I was and I imagine most of you were when we were young.Dad makes them a rink every year and they spend as much time in their skates on the rink as possible.Diesel had a blast playing hockey with them. Bet he sleeps well tonight.

Tam you must have felt pretty punky to take a sick day. Hope you slept well last night. Like you I get this awful feeling in the pit of my stomache when I hear the 'c' word. The word cancer just scares the bejeebees out of me.Hope that is not what is wrong with your sweet little Scirroco.

What is everyone up to this evening and weekend? UPS never did arrive so the book I was anxiously awaiting is not here.Not that I don't have lots ot read but I did want to read this book written by a conceirge (sp?) of a well know hotel.

Sandy how did you make out at the dentist today? Hopefully Andre and Diesel didn't IM each other today with Diesel learning some new tricks to try on me.

Terese how is the packing going?

Stomache is growling, need to rustle up some dinner.Can you tell how excited I am?

BBL
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 4, 2013
3:31 PM

Post #9375601

Oh man Sandy you deserved that drink tonight. I don't know which of the 2 of us has the worst luck at the dentist.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2013
3:58 PM

Post #9375625

Can someone just shoot me? I finally got out the thermometer. 102.8 and I'm normally cool (97.8). I just took some aspirin. Hoping it will help with the headache.

Sandy - at least you got what you needed done today. Now relax.

Dianne - glad you have some neighbors with whom you can visit!

Debbie - chicken sandwiches sounds good. I just had a bagel w/peanut butter & a little honey.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
4:12 PM

Post #9375634

1 drink in my so I am more relaxed.
I had so hoped that we would only have 1 more step to get those darn partials.

Funny thing is I took a copy of my blue water dock scene for her, she had me sign it for her. By accident I had taken a second copy-her boy friend is also studying to be a dentist, when he saw the picture he asked me to bring him one next time so I handed him the extra one.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2013
4:32 PM

Post #9375655

That's wonderful Sandy. (the compliments on your artistic work not the dental issues).

Fever is now 103.2 Gotta be the flu.
Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 4, 2013
4:35 PM

Post #9375661

SAndy -- I recall that Dentist college being quite the drive... how far is it? bummer things didnt fit.

Tam - bummer on the fever... the kids in this house are all feeling a tad under the weather... I told them to keep it to themselves, as DH and I need to stay healthy.

Packing stalled today... just some reorganization. But i gave DH the check list, and we picked up some stuff while shopping today.
It was Tacos for lunch, as we had some avocados that needed to be eaten... lunch was wonderful.

Deb -- Chx sandwiches sound good too.

Tried a whiskey Old Fashion tonight... not as good as Brandy. I got my delivery of my S/F syrups today... had to try the Cherry sugar free syrup.
will wait til we get to FLA to crack open the Brandy.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
4:41 PM

Post #9375665

2 hours one way, do not like the new later start time. Did not help that I had to go back down stairs and tell them that I was still there for my second appointment. Stupid computer set up.

Going to bed,

Good night.

sandy and andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 4, 2013
4:57 PM

Post #9375675

Tam did you get a flu shot? Although I understand there are some strains of flu going around that the shot won't protect you from. All of the news channels of how many have the flu. Know it is no comfort knowing you are not alone in your suffering, sure hope you feel better tomorrow.

Won't be far behind you Sandy. I've chosen a book so am anxious to start it.

Anyone heard from our Bonnie?

Sweet dreams everyone.
Dianne

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 4, 2013
5:32 PM

Post #9375702

Dianne - didn't get the flu vaccine. Never do. It looks like the flu is "widespread" in Pa. Gary does not seem to have it at least!

Sweet dreams Dianne.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
5:36 PM

Post #9375708

Tam, is your throat sore or ears? Careful it isn't strep, going around big time. The "Urgent Care" report said there were waiting lines with flu "victims" along with strep...and a stomach bug. SO please be careful. Fevers that high at our age are NOT good. I know it will be painful, but a cool shower or tepid bath to bring it down might help if aspirin don't kick in soon. And ice cream or popcicles!

Dianne, the wind has been horrid here. Then couldn't find Izzy outside...so started to panic. She was hunkered down on the other side of the snow bank (side yard) sleeping between bank & neighbors fence. One leg in the air!!! Wish I had taken camera out with me.

DH said if I come with him tomorrow to take the In-laws to Erie...we can do lunch or stop at the Erie mall. It sounds like bribery to me...gotta sleep on that!

Sandy, I would have been reaching for that drink too. We picked up what I thought was wine coolers, but they are "flavored beer" and I do not like beer at all. Might have to try one.

Stay warm!!! ...except for Tam...you cool down!

Debbie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
5:37 PM

Post #9375709

Tam, it takes 48 to 72 hours...about time you get over it, Gary will start!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 4, 2013
6:31 PM

Post #9375771

Good evening. I have had a busy day, and am pretty well worn out. About lunch time DH, DS and I went to our church and took down the Christmas decorations and cleaned. DH did a little plumbing work as we had a stopped up commode. He got that cleared. So all is good there. We took Mr. B with us, and he loves to go as he goes inside, then outside and checks out the cemetery. We both were ready for a nap when we got home.

I cooked some northern beans this morning, and tonight I made the cracklin cornbread. It is a shame to ruin good cornbread by putting fried fat with tough skins in it! It was okay, but now that I have had it once, I don't know that I will make it again. Someone saw me asking about it here last night and sent me a link to a utube video that showed just how to make it. Made like I usually make my cornbread, but with the addition of the cracklins. Had some fresh breaded tenderloin to go with it, and that was supper. Simple but good.

Tammy, I am sorry to hear that you are feeling so bad. It would seem that the aspirin would have started to take the temp down, so maybe you do need the tepid shower or some ice cream or popsickles to cool you off. I have had a cold, but it is not the flu. Just had a temperature one night. Coughing big time though.

Debbie, so what did you make for supper? Can't believe someone doesn't like stew. I have the easiest stew recipe and it turns out well, and no fuss or having to check on it all the time. If you need the recipe, dmail me. You throw it all together, put it in the oven and forget it. Good with some cornbread and a salad and that is a complete meal.

Sandy, I am sorry that you had such a rough day at the dentist. I guess that it was just as well that you did schedule both appointments the same day. Does your DM go with you? How nice that you had the extra picture for the boy friend. I am sure they appreciate it. If it is some of you pictures you have taken they are beautiful.

elsie, so did you work today? Guess most places are back to usual after the holidays.

Dianne, glad that you got to visit with the couple. Are they on a route that you take to walk the dogs? How is our Miss Quill doing? Mr. B asked about her this afternoon, and told me to send along some sloppy kisses to her! The kids sound like they really do enjoy the outdoors. I know when I was a kid, I would rather be outside in the winter than inside any day. Wonder why our nerve endings change so much and now only tell us how cold we are?

Vicki, was this a day off? I laugh about Ty waiting for breakfast every morning. I guess Mr. B is not a normal dog. He goes sometimes for a couple of days without eating, and then will eat everything I put in front of him. He just finished eating for the first time today. That may hold him till late tomorrow or Sunday. I do know that when he is outside he visits the garage where DH feeds the hunting dogs, and probably eats his share of dry food. He probably just wants me to feel sorry for him.

Well, tomorrow DH and his DN are taking the horses to a horse event, which will probably last all day. I am not going as it is an inside venue, but not heated, and I don't need to get chilled especially with this cold. I think new week DH and DN are making a trip to New York to pick up some horses that belong to his DB. I haven't decided if I am riding along or not. It will be a trip that it is straight up there, and straight back, no time to visit or for any fun at all.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
6:39 PM

Post #9375775

BonnieB yes it is mine, this one below.

Still trying to unwind both me and the pup dog

S and A

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 4, 2013
6:44 PM

Post #9375782

Sandy that is so peaceful looking. May have to try to sneak down and sit on that dock some afternoon!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 4, 2013
8:41 PM

Post #9375872

Oh Sandy, that is beautiful!!!

BonnieB, I fell asleep. Ended up making some chicken sandwiches as DD had to head out, so was just DH and I. Had that with a side salad and was good.

That said, I now feel my stomach is tossing around. Not so sure what set it off...perhaps getting into a chocolate truffle did it. BUT...sipping ginger ale.
I have had a feeling something was sneaking up on me...but it is stomach related.

Tam, is the fever down?

Hope you all have a restful night...going up to bed.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2013
2:55 AM

Post #9375931

Good morning everyone

BonnieB you can come down and set on my uncle's dock that I took that picture from.

As usual my lips took a beating. I had so hoped we where one step closer to being finished with this years of dental work. But no. The rest of the body is not to happy either

Sandy and Andre

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 5, 2013
4:05 AM

Post #9375936

Morning Sandy and Andre.Been up since well before 5am - don't mind being up just wish the sun would come up too.

Almost afraid to say anything but this last 24 hours Quill has been quite perky. When I went out to tend the wood stove first thing after I got up lo and behold there she was sleeping in a chair. Quill has not been able to get up into a chair for several months. I could have cried I was so happy for her. Maybe that medication is starting to work for her. Whatever it is I am so happy for the sweet little girl, She loved the smoochies from MrB BonnieB!! Said she would take kisses from him anytime and sends bunches of kisses right back at him.

Think I will take my juice and go back to bed to read for awhile.

Tam I sure hope that fever of yours has gone down

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2013
4:18 AM

Post #9375941

Dianne great news about Miss Q

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 5, 2013
6:03 AM

Post #9375992

Dianne, that is wonderful news that Quill was in your chair! That is a big leap for her.
I am up and dressed and looks like going on a road trip to Erie. Grrrrr. I still have 30 minutes to change
my mind, but DH promised me a stop at the outlet mall or Home Depot and I need a small shelf for my kitchen.

Have a good day, stay warm and stay safe.

Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 5, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9376008

Hi everyone! Finally caught up with you, but I don't like what I hear...everyone sick here???? I think BonnieB must have spread it, I also had a bit of a sore throat and some cold symptoms, but I took some pills and felt better. Things were hectic here at the end of teh year, I had to work almost all days, then cooking all the goodies and going to the New Y'ear's Eve party. Nicholas was all over me, he wouldn't leave me, just got stuck on me like a stamp!LOL He danced until 1 a.m. at the party and I had to do that with him too...imagine how tired I was! With the last strength I drived me, Cici and Nicholas back home and left Andreea and Petre to party. Everything was great at the restaurant, great food , great music...I'm just sorry I left too early!
I'm at the office now, just finished a new DG article for next week, so I'm in a short break!LOL I need to start a new one today, home isn't a good place for writing, too much noise!
I hope you will all get well and start a wonderful and happy New Year!
Elsie, love your cowl, great job!
Tam, I'm worried about you and Scirocco!
BonnieB, I hope your coughing is "better" today!
Dianne, are you feeling well? Good news about Quill!
Terese, a cruise, how nice! I wish I could come too!LOL
Sandy, what a shame about your dentist work...grrrr!Your picture is amazing!
Vicki, have you finished cleaning any of the rooms?
Debbie, take care of your tummy!
Bonnie, how have you been?
Kris, hey! How are you?
Melva, I can almost see the Giant Corky!LOL

Posting the beef salad with the decoration fro this New Year's Eve. And the Christmas Tree Cake .
Sending you some pics from the restaurant and the link to more pics and videos :

[HYPERLINK@picasaweb.google.com]

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti
Click an image for an enlarged view.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9376009

Everyone please pray for me that this small bump beside my right eye is not MRSA. it has grown sense yesterday. I have a call in to the doctor to get some meds. It is to much.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 5, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9376010

Debbie, glad you decided to go! Paul is good !LOL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2013
6:30 AM

Post #9376018

Yum, Adina, the food looks wonderful. Glad you had a good time and that Nicholas chose you to dance with at the party. Quite the compliment.

Slept in this morning, and it felt good. Was aware when DH was up and getting ready to leave for his day of horses, but fell right back to sleep. It is seldom that I can do that.

Tammy, here is hoping that you are feeling much better today. If not, visit one of the Urgent Care places and get some Tamiflu, it really is helpful. Doesn't cure the flu but makes the symptoms much more bearable. I recommend it.

I am still coughing a bit. Took cough syrup first thing this morning, and going to use my neti pot, so hope that will take care of the coughs for a little while.

Sandy, oh, an uncle's dock. Well, I would feel welcome I am sure. Just hate to be run away from a stranger's property! Hope your mouth feels better. Use the lip balm, it does wonders.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9376020

Dianne I am sure that it was the kisses from Mr B that brought Quill some extra energy, you know how that goes!

Sandy, Oh, I hope it is not. Wish they could clear your system of that horrid MRSA

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 5, 2013
8:42 AM

Post #9376103

Good Morning!

I googled last night and followed recommendations: took off all the blankets & my robe and switched from hot tea to ice water. I slept with just a sheet. I got up a number of times over night - took an aspirin or ibuprofen when my headache got too bad. This morning my temp was only 98.2! So I guess the fever broke. Whew! Now I just need to get energy back & get rid of the sore throat, cough & headaches.

Dianne - so happy for Ms Quill!

Debbie - I can just imagine that silly Izzy contorted while sleeping in the snow. lol I can't have strep - I got rheumatic fever from strep as a child. That was 6mo illness!

Sandy - I'm channeling good thoughts that you do not have MRSA again. I was just reading something that was supposed to help with MRSA - maybe black seeds? Let me go back to figure out what it was...

Adina - your dishes are just beautiful! It looks like you had a lovely night out! You take care to catch up on your rest now.

BonnieB - I think I'd prefer regular cornbread too. I love it. Your dinner did sound good.

Loretta - will Chloe be helping you with any knitting projects today? hehehe

Vicki - starting to look at seed catalogs yet?

Terese - Keep washing your hands & don't get close to anyone with the sniffles! Apparently this flu is quite pervasive around here. Hopefully it doesn't make its way to your neck of the woods!

Melva - what are you up to these days?

Anyone else watching Downton Abby? I see the new season starts tomorrow!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2013
9:11 AM

Post #9376123

Thanks

Get pills and started them. It is so close to my right eye I cold not risk waiting until Monday. And I have stopped crying so all good for now.

Also picked up bike, the brat and I went on a short ride. My poor knees screamed for several blocks but they feel much better!!!

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2013
9:38 AM

Post #9376141

Terese, and anyone else who is trying to avoid germs, I carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse, and if I am in the grocery, use it on my hands (where they touch the handle of the cart) they provide wipes to clean the handles, but I do it double. Anytime I am out and about, I whip out that bottle and sanitize, sanitize and sanitize some more. Any place with people you are likely to come into contact with germs they leave behind.

Tammy, I am so glad you are feeling better. That is one thing that has lingered, the horrible headache that goes with whatever it is. Seems like nothing much helps it. I have started using the neti pot, but am making sure that only water that has been boiled or distilled water, as someone got some nasty infection from using just plain tap water last year.

Debbie is on her way to Erie, or where ever. You are a knock over to accept a promise of a shopping stop! Just kidding.

Went to town for a few errands and am back working on church year end reports. Yep, can you tell how excited I am. Well, if I don't do it while DH is away and all is quiet, I will just keep putting it off.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 5, 2013
10:33 AM

Post #9376182

Just came in from outside - very slowly I might add. Diesel clipped me at mid calf and I went hard head over tea kettle landing on my back hitting the back of my head on the wood that borders one of the flower gardens. Saw stars!!! Nothing appears to be broken, my pride is hurt and I know as the day progresses various hurts and bruises will come to the forefront. Poor little guy - he didn't mean to , he just got so excited when I was throwing wood for him to chase.

Sandy I am very worried about you. Could this MRSA be coming from the dental college?.

Hope you can find some enjoyment in this trip Debbie.

So glad you are feeling better Tam. Take it easy today.

Going to soak in the shower for a bit.
BBL
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2013
10:42 AM

Post #9376188

Dianne No, I already had the bump before going down there. I probable never get rid of it. It hides in different parts of your body

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9376202

Sandy, I hope this bump clears up really fast. Love your photos!

Dianne, I hope you are not too sore later. I hope you were out with your cell phone, just in case...

Tammy, so glad your fever broke. I hope this all clears up and you feel better soon. I suggest an orange liquor in a brandy snifter with a slice of orange - heat it up in the microwave just for a little bit. The aromas will clear your head out. Then drink it - you will surely feel better.

Debbie, have a good time today.

Vicki, how is the weather over there?

Terese, I hope all the packing plans go well. I guess if you don't have enough clothes you will have to buy them along the way. hehe

BonnieB, I agree with the sanitizer. I actually think that money and the phone are the places to get germs. I always keep my phone clean with alcohol. And since I don't have any money... hehehehe

Adina, it looks like you all had a great time. Love the pictures.

I guess I passed out after dinner last night. I woke up around 1:30 to go to bed. Before I fell asleep Chloe was doing her best to keep me awake. I did a little knitting and she made sure she approved of the yarn.

I was planning to run some errands today but I slept in. I guess I will do these things another day. I am shredding papers and trying to get my desk cleaned off. Next is the pile of filing. I've put it off so long that I will shred the majority.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 5, 2013
3:20 PM

Post #9376428

Honey, I'm home!

Well, regret going...I should learn! I was so tried after the two hour ride down told DH lets just go home and I will be happy to stop at Home Depot
on way to home. SO that is what we did. Didn't find the shelf I need there...so might have to configure and come up with something.

Sandy, be careful. So scary you have another bump!

And Dianne! Get out the ice packs and ibuprofen. Hard enough standing on firm ground, never mind when icy/slick and trying to keep balance from a freight
train like Diesel running over you.

Tam, so happy fever broke and you are feeling better. Go slow! Gargle salt water for that throat.
I had a friend when I lived in FL as a child, lost her hearing to Rheumatic fever when very young...sweetest girl ever.
She reminded me of Olivia Newton John with her looks.

Adina, Nickolas is getting so so big! I bet he slept so well. I am with the others, that food looks so good! Glad it was a good time for all of you.

OK, DH requested a pizza for his "last meal". Heaven help us all for tomorrow! lol

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 5, 2013
4:55 PM

Post #9376521

Dianne - I agree w/Loretta - did you have your cell phone w/you? You poor girl!!! I hope it gave
Diesel a good scare so he won't do that again.

Debbie - are you saying I look like Olivia Newton John? I think by transitive properties, logically that's what you meant... right? hehehe My mom also had Rheumatic Fever. Sorry the trip didn't pan out as you'd hoped. Hopefully your DH accomplished what he needed with the trip?

Loretta - whatever what you do w/o Chloe to help with quality control. :-)

Well the fever is back. Not as bad. Just hovering around 100degF

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 5, 2013
5:28 PM

Post #9376565

Tam, he did...he deposited his parent in PA and handed them over to his sister! Dad has an appt. at the Cleveland Clinic Monday for MRI and testing.

I should also be hearing when my appt. is soon. I'm just so thrilled. NOT!

Keep the aspirin going and the fever down!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 5, 2013
5:42 PM

Post #9376587

Ah ... tomorrow is THE day for DH's prep isn't it. I think you'll need the aspirin too. :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 5, 2013
6:13 PM

Post #9376608

I think you are right! I am in need of a shelf for the kitchen, perhaps I can go looking for that ALL day!

Want a little shelf, about 2 1/2 to 3 ft. long...mounted to the wall under cupboards which I can slide little baskets into for storage, and use to for a shelf.
I have absolutely no counter space.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 5, 2013
6:52 PM

Post #9376657

Well, after supper, watched some mindless tv and read a bit. DH is still not home from his horse event, so evidently it was a lots more horses than he expected. We were going out to eat, but that didn't happen. Still waiting for our delayed annivesary outing.

Tammy sorry that the fever returned, but that just shows your body is fighting the infection. My Dr always says not to worry over a fever unless it goes over 102. Just do the aspirin and drink plenty of fluids. I am still coughing, and it will be a week tomorrow since I started getting sick.

Elsie, Chloe, the quality control expert. Glad you have her, we all need one.

Dianne, I meant to expess my sorry over your tumble. I am sure that Mr. Diesel didn't mean any harm, he was just trying to play. They are so energetic and so want to please, he was trying to retrieve the wood and bring it back to you. If he could talk, I am sure he would say how sorry he is. Get out the ice packs and the ibuprophen for the aches and pains.

Sandy, hope the meds work fast and well.

I grilled a hamburger for my supper and ate it alone. I am having a pity party tonight, and nobody came. I will be better tomorrow.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 5, 2013
7:21 PM

Post #9376709

Bonnie I had a pity party earlier also, so you where not alone.

I did do some things to day. I made appointment for Andre to go to the kennel for a few days next week. We are going to plan a half day trip Monday, then Wed Andre goes to the kennel, we are going on a all day trip Thursday and the Yard guys will come Saturday and I will pick Andre up that evening.
And in between I am going to try to print out more calendars---that is if i can get the paper straightened up-you know who pulled all the photo paper off the shelves and get it all mixed up.
I love that dog but there are times when I want to wring his neck!!!!!

Sandy and the you know who dog
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 5, 2013
7:53 PM

Post #9376745

Well I have a few blue words to say - just lost a long post where I addressed you all and pontificated to my heart's content. lol

Sleep well everyone!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 5, 2013
7:55 PM

Post #9376748

Happy New Year, though I dare say it doesn't sound like it is off to a happy start within our little community of friends. I am so worried about all of you who are sick, recovering from cuts and falls, coming down with newly diagnosed or suspected ailments (including our beloved pets) - it seems every household is affected. I pray 2013 is a better year for all of us.

I have spent part of almost every day from 12/29 until today with my new group of friends who live here and two houseguests of Judy's from S. FL, one I knew from my Miami Chorus and her sister. It is the first New Years Eve I have not been alone in 17 years. Nine of us went out for an early dinner then went to Patti's house for games and dessert and to ring in the New Year. Her PIA husband, Frank, was delighted when nine women paraded into his bedroom and planted New Year kisses on his cheeks. I had six over for dinner and the day on New Years Day. I loved doing it and they loved my food and preparations, but I never should have done it. I pushed myself beyond the limit to accomplish all that I set out to do. The next day they picked me up to go thrift store shopping. All I did was sleep every time the car started. On the 3rd I went back into the sleep clinic for the night. I managed to stay the entire night, well, until they put me out at 4:30 AM. That was only because when I awoke after two hours of first going to sleep, I took more medication that I knew would put me back to sleep, but that is not the prescribed dosage. Had I not done that, the study would have been aborted again.

Today around 11:00 AM DM had chest pains. They gave her three nitro tablets. She instructed the nurse to call and tell me. I was informed that the pain was gone, and her vitals were normal, and she had instructed the nurse to call me. I thanked the nurse and told her to tell DM I was coming to the facility this afternoon. She was fully loaded and waiting for me to walk in when I arrived this afternoon - held up three fingers and told me they gave her three pills for her heart. Her heart played out on her!! I told her I knew all about it. Over and over I heard this, but I had brought into the room with me one of her friends who was out in the hall when I arrive and who asked why she had been absent at mealtime. When I finally out shouted DM and made her understand that Melayne was there to inquire about her, she put on a great big, sweet smile, and said., “Oh, thank you. I am just aggravated with my daughter.” I was supposed to drop everything a rush there at 11:00. Not!

Next I spent two hours - honest - putting together an automatic scooping litter box. The guy who was doing daily cat duty has already quit so I am tying auto everything - gravity kibble feeder and auto litter box. This thing had big gaps in the instructions. And it was heavy and cumbersome to work with. While I was there, Princess cautiously approached it two or three times without making physical contact and Dolly went so far as to put two front paws in. I hope they will use it. Then I packed up almost all of her Christmas decorations in a large plastic bin. Then I dragged her stuff and my tired body to the car and drove home.

I have to rent a storage unit here then try to get Elaine here to put my Christmas stuff away. It will have to be rather large to accommodate any items that might need to be stored when I sell the Katy house and move my things here. There is still so much to do and I am so weary and depleted. I honestly don’t know how I can ever get it all done.

With that pleasant thought, I am going to bed. I will think about that tomorrow, Scarlett.

Elsie that is a great photo of you with the cowl. Love your longer hair. Your face looks slim. Have you lost weight?

Goodnight,

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 5, 2013
8:02 PM

Post #9376757

Debbie, I installed a little shelf like that in mom's apartment at the ALF to hold a few drinking ;glasses because she could not reach the upper cabinets and counter space was very small. I found what I needed for her in the bath section at Bed Bath & Beyond.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 5, 2013
8:10 PM

Post #9376767

Adina thanks for the lovely photos. The beef salad decoration is beautiful, as usual.

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 6, 2013
3:15 AM

Post #9376886

Good morning. I have been awake for 30 minutes. I slept for about three hours last night. No driving for me today. Arrrgggghhh. I hate this!!!!

Hope today is a good day for all of you.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
5:41 AM

Post #9376931

Good morning, still dark, or maybe it is cloudy. Getting ready for church.

Tammy, hope you feel better this morning.

Bonnie, did the Dr say you couldn't drive without xxxx amount of sleep? Interesting.

Dianne, hope you are not too sore from the accident yesterday. Give Quill a scritch from me and Mr. B.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 6, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9376954

Bonnie B there is no medically imposed ratio of hours of sleep required to drive. Rather, I know that driving when I have had such a small amount of sleep causes me to nod off behind the wheel. The other day I crossed a four lane intersection with median and was coming up on a chain link fence when I came to. Had I crashed through the fence, I would have ended up on the beach. The last thing I remember is waiting at the light to make a right hand turn.

Dianne and Tammy - medical updates, please.

I feel a nap coming on.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9376965

Good Morning!

Bonnie - good to hear from you. You'll be able to finish this journey. As I read your post, I heard you have lots of friends to support you, your mother has a good & safe place with friends to support her and that you are taking steps to improve your health. Pushing yourself keeps you moving. And that's a good thing. I wish you could get more sleep though. When do you get the results from this latest study? And what about the diabetes - have you found someone to help you understand what you need to do to treat it? Perhaps a nutritionist?

BonnieB - Even with all that sanitizing, you still got sick. I figure I must have picked up the flu from the mexican restaurant on the 30th. Sorry you felt so alone w/DH off with his horsing event last night! Hopefully you'll get a good dose of people at church today.

Dianne - sorry you lost your post. Gotta hate that! How are you feeling today?

Debbie - I'm so lucky to have my DH. He built me a little shelf for my spices near the stove. Is so nice! I hope you find something suitable.

I had a bad night. I think my fever spiked up very high. I took some aspirin and around 5am I woke up in a sweat. I thought the fever broke and I did feel a lot better. But I sure feel awful now. Fever is back, sore throat, no energy, cough... I hate being sick!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2013
6:34 AM

Post #9376969

Morning everyone

Bonnie glad to hear for my

{{{Tam}}}
{{{Debbie}}}

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
6:53 AM

Post #9376995

Good morning,

Bonnie, so great to hear from you! I agree with Tam, you are "getting up and going" and although you are extremely tired, you seem to have a bit of a "happy" in
your voice. SO thrilled you were able to spend New Years in such a manner. I was here on the computer and everyone was asleep. How are the boys adjusting to being at the beach all the time? I bet they are happy not to have to travel back and forth. AND very happy the Nurses handled DM. I think they see right through her and can handle it just fine. Now to work on the sleep!

Tam, sounds like the flu for sure. If the throat is still sore tomorrow, I think you need to get a "swab" done just in case.

Waving to all...I have just recalled Izzy is out of food and has not had breakfast...need to run to town!!!

Be back
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2013
9:14 AM

Post #9377119

I know where I am going on Monday's half day trip BUT I have not decided where we are going Thursday. Where to go Savannah, GA, or Tallahassee, or Orlando or Tampa or even further south. All these place have gardens that I want to visit.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
9:20 AM

Post #9377125

Sandy have you ever been to the Sarasota Jungle Gardens? Lots of birds and gardens. I think $15 to get in, and has senior discounts also.
Was right around the corner from where I stayed and I never made it over. Used to go as a child
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
9:22 AM

Post #9377128

Sandy, it sounds like you have a nice week planned.

Tammy, I hope that fever breaks again and stays down. Sure hope you are feeling better soon. Maybe some chicken soup with ginger and lemon and garlic. Or a real hot toddy. Might just make you feel better.

Dianne, I hope you are not feeling too badly after your fall.

BonnieB, did you have noisemakers at your pity party? Sorry , I couldn't resist. I hope you are having a better day.

Debbie, good luck with DH.

Bonnie - nice to hear from you. Sounds like you have been nice and busy. Have you been able to find a new doctor? I agree with Tam about the nutritionist.

Well it looks like it snowed in the living room. Lots of shredded paper on the floor. Hopefully I can finish that up and move along to the next task. It's a mild sunny day. We have snow in the forecast - I just can't remember which day.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9377136

Elsie, he is horrible already and hasn't started the prep yet. Has had 3 bowls of jello since 9:00. He is starving!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2013
9:29 AM

Post #9377143

Morning as it is still morning here.

With DH home all the time on his days off it makes it hard to get on here and chat comfortably. You know what I mean.

Well made some Diabetic Banana Bread and it is kind of bland. Used no sugar apple sauce and several pkts of stevia. Added pecans to half. They aren't bad if you butter them up good. These are for mom and the ILs when we go up there I think next monday. Tomorrow we have other things to do that are in the opposite direction. Don't feel like spending a day in the jeep.

Bonnie good to hear from you. Sounds like you are running yourself ragged tho with this bunch. Let those boys take care of you.

Tam maybe it is time to go to the Dr. Just keep taking care of yourself. So now maybe working from home might not be so good? LOL

Adina busy as ever and posting great pictures.

Dianne how are you feeling today? Bet he was so upset when down you went.

SAndy no matter where you decide to go you will have fun and take some great pictures.

Gotta check and see if I turned off the oven.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2013
10:19 AM

Post #9377178

Good advice. If still not feeling well tomorrow, will call the doctor.
Loretta - I like the way you think. That hot toddy sounds appealing I don't have any orange liqueur. I do have chambord... maybe that could work instead? :-)

Sandy - those options sound good. Your DM is so lucky to have you!

Vicki - I just love banana bread. I'm so bored today I've been thinking of baking something. I just bought a few different types of baking chocolate and am thinking of brownies. Too bad that doesn't fit with my plan to lose a few pounds. lol I gotta figure out something a little healthier. Maybe a pudding?

Debbie - it does not sound like a good start! I was able to have 1 egg and 1 slice of dry toast for breakfast on the day of my prep. It wasn't much but it helped a lot. Nothing made the prep part good though. Good luck!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2013

Post #9377205

Debbie that is a tiny bit to far for this trip, maybe in the spring. I am pushing it for the ones we have chosen so far.
If we go to any of the 3 we have on the short list we can go up to Steinahatchee for dinner on the way home--that is if I survive the walking

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
11:10 AM

Post #9377225

Sandy, how is your spot doing? Is the meds kicking in to clear it up?

We have been having snow off and on all day.

DH is driving me crazy. When it says "1:00" it can't be a minute early or late...it says "1:00". Life with Mr. OCD.

I have a friend that offered me a place to live with her...and a possible job. I am thinking of it!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2013
11:23 AM

Post #9377238

Debbie it seems to be better.

S and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2013
1:57 PM

Post #9377399

Sandy - that's good!

Last night the adorable white fuzzy (bantum cochin) rooster was missing. I found him today. He was bloodied. I found his son also bloodied. That little rooster is awful. The hens hate him and now he's attacked his dad. His days are numbered. I walked all over the property to find the dad 'cause he wasn't in the barn when it was time to shut up today. I walked all over w/o luck. When I went back to the barn I found him in there. At least I got a little fresh air. lol

Debbie - you are in the home stretch now!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
3:33 PM

Post #9377481

Good evening.

Last night just after I posted my rant, and my pity party, DH came in and he was feeling sick too. I thought Oh, No, I would rather be sick any day than to have to listen to moaning and groaning from a male. But he is fine, guess he was just tired from such a long day.

Today after church, DH announced we were going out to eat with a couple that goes to our church. I love them, and we had a very good lunch and great company talking with them.

Elsie, I didn't have noise makers, I am a noise maker when I am in a mood like that. The problem is, I only had Mr. B to gripe to, and he just looked at me, turning his head one way then another, but not offering any kind of solution. He is a good listener though.

So you are shredding paper. Is chloe helping you by making sure that it is scattered just right, and keeping the pile from getting too tall?

Tammy, I am so sorry that you feel so miserable. It sounds like you are doing everything to help lessen the effects of the flu. Sometimes it does take some meds from the Dr to get you over the hump. I vote for the toddy made with whatever you have on hand. Now that rooster would become chicken and dumplings and very soon. The nerve of attacking the others, and his dad too.

Vicki, I know when DH is here he is usually playing games on the computer, and if I finally catch him away from the computer, then it is just a quick post I get to make before he is back wanting it again. I have threatened to buy him his very own so he doesn't disturb me. So you have to go to the Inlaws still to celebrate Christmas? Hope you have a good visit. How far is it?

Bonnie, that is scary you crossing a highway, and almost in to a fence. I have a DBIL who did that, and they did sleep studies, and have him on meds and he is doing well. There for awhile it was very dangerous for him to be out driving. You be careful you hear. You have people who are taking care of your DM and you shouldn't have to run to her side, they are aware that lots of it is for attention, and if you don't come, you are denying her the opportunity to belittle you for your lack of care.

Sandy, around Sarasota is beautiful, you would have a ball taking pictures. The ringling brothers winter headquarters is there, and there are beautiful parks and gardens within the city that you could visit for free. Please drive safely, and learn to block DM out, maybe use your Ipad to listen to music to tune her out.

Dianne, so how are you feeling today? I am picturing you with black and blue bruises on you everywhere. I certainly hope that you are not too stiff and sore from your tumble yesterday. Please carry your cell phone with you, so that in case you happen to fall and break something, you can call someone to come help you. It would horrible for you to have to be outside in the snow and cold and at the mercy of someone passing by or checking on you finding you. I worry.

Debbie, the prep day is almost over. Aren't you glad? I was looking through records the other day, and discovered that I am supposed to have another colonoscopy this year. I dread it, but will do it, as it is recommended. Sorry that you are still looking for a shelf. Is your DH handy enough to make you one? I wish I had a different kitchen design, one that would allow me to have more counter space. Well, maybe in the next house we build.

Off to read and watch a little tv for awhile.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
3:35 PM

Post #9377486

Home stretch ROFL I think he should just stay upstairs so he is down the hall from the bathroom. He will loose 5 extra lbs running up and down the stairs.
Just making him some broth for his dinner. I told him if he was good he could have another bowl of jello. I won't put his reply here! lol

Those roosters get very territorial at a certain age, and that one sounds quite a spitfire. I hope his Dad is Ok.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
3:39 PM

Post #9377495

Shannon and I stopped at Valu Home Center this morning on way back from getting Isabelle her food. They had shelves on sale, and I found one that will work for now. For $14.00 I can use it elsewhere when I find "the one" but I don't have time for that right now. I was trying to get stains off the counter top also and get everything cleaned. Finally after my normal standby's failed...I went for the old Comet, and the stains are now gone.

Now I need to find a place for all this mess that was on the counter!!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9377515

Good luck with the stains Debbie! My problem when I did the cleanse is that nothing happened until around 10:30pm. I was sloshing with the full gallon of prep fluid and very uncomfortable. Didn't get much sleep at all.

BonnieB - glad your DH didn't get sick after all. Mine actually just gets quiet when he's sick. He is still a little off though has kept up with his normal activities. Glad you had fun with your friends!

And for me... unfortunately I'm a whiner.

DH is taking that nasty little rooster for a ride. He's too small to bother with eating. I have never in the 14yrs I've raised chickens ever had a rooster be this mean this young. Usually if they are gonna be mean, its in their 2nd year. He will not be missed.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 6, 2013
4:00 PM

Post #9377527

BonnieB DM is no problem when we are on the road as she usually falls asleep.

Been playing with pictures.

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
4:02 PM

Post #9377532

Tammy, I am somewhat a whiner too, but my DH thinks that I should know about every ache and pain that he has, and be ready to do something about them. On the other hand, he seems very unsympathetic when I am sick, so have tried to break him of the habit of moaning and groaning. Told him that if it helped, I would have done that a long time ago!

Thanks all for being here for me to moan to, and gripe to about my DH. I guess that is why I love you all so much!~

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
4:07 PM

Post #9377541

Tam, I was the same way. Told DH he should take it two hours earlier so he could get some sleep tonight. NOPE, instructions said 1:00!!! He started "running": about 4:00 though, so will see. He drank his gallon, which was finished about 4:00 and is now drinking his required water & broth dinner. He really isn't bad...
and usually gets quiet and mopey when sick. Right now though...he is beyond pathetic. I just handed him his broth and got the "thank you for serving me" and he is lucky I didn't dump it on him!

I am not even feeling bad about that nasty little rooster going for a ride Tam. He needs to go play with the chicken hawks or another nearby farm!

BonnieB, you are not moaning too much...you are entitled, what a ride you have had!! Feel better.

Nice shot Sandy!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
4:37 PM

Post #9377565

BonnieB, you have every right to whine - DH should know what to do and not to do by now.

Tammy, are you feeling any better?

I just saw a little tape on the news. The man was standing with a rather large snow white rabbit. The rabbit had a harness on so I guess he was taking his rabbit for a walk. The news topic wasn't the greatest but the man and his rabbit was great.

My crocs have tracked the shredded paper everywhere. I have four large trash bags filled with paper.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2013
5:16 PM

Post #9377616

BonnieB - you were not whining about your DH. Just sharing with friends. We can commiserate together or what good are we as friends?

Sandy - that's simply a WOW photo!!!! I can't believe the detail you got.

Loretta - nope. My temp is at 101degF now. whine whine. :-) How cute to see a man walking his rabbit.

Debbie - speaking of rabbits... how is yours handling all the extra company? And if your DH started at 4pm he'll probably get a little sleep. When is his appointment? I assume you are his driver? My doctor gave me a coupon for breakfast so we ate out before we came home. That was a rare treat. Sure hope everything is good with him tomorrow!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
5:54 PM

Post #9377639

Spencer is doing fine, however the kittens aggravate him when he is out...so he doesn't get out to hop as much. Especially with the winter outside. BUT the kittens are fascinated with his tail!! I did some reading about his breed and he is definitely not a "going outside int he winter" rabbit. Ben was much more sturdy and could handle 35 degrees and a light snow. Not Spencer!!

DH has to be at the hospital at 10:30 tomorrow, procedure is at 11:15. Yes, he has already asked about breakfast afterwards if he is feeling OK.

Temp is going up again, thats not good. Have you ever had or used that Tamiflu before? That is all thats on commercials up here, but I think you are "too far"
in to get it (first two days).

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 6, 2013
6:13 PM

Post #9377652

Yeah - definitely too late for tamiflu. There's also been news about it not actually working as well as orignally thought. I'm not big on taking any drugs. Maybe the doc can give me some pain killers to knock me out for a few days. :-) I just want to be sure I don't have any bacterial infections (like strep - as you'd suggested).

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
6:29 PM

Post #9377662

It is scary this season. Shannon has had tonsillitis/strep 3 times since Halloween, and it has been years since she had strep. And of all things the antibiotics
didn't work the third time, she had to switch them 3 times to find something strong enough to fight it.

I hope you can get some rest tonight. I hate taking meds also, and fight even the blood pressure and thyroid, but know I need it.

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
6:52 PM

Post #9377671

I am starting to be very careful about asking the Dr to give meds. There are so many antibiotics that were fine and worked well just a couple of years ago, but from overuse, and some people insisting that they have to HAVE antibiotics and some Dr's caving in, they are increasingly becoming ineffective. The germs are becoming super germs and I am afraid that we are heading into an era where we may have to rely on old time remedies like our grandparents did. Not a pleasant thought, but they have got to have time to develop new drugs to combat these super bugs. It is scary.

The MRSA that Sandy has is a prime example. Used to be that once treated the body could defend itself from that again, but now it keeps coming back, and stays in your body for an indefinite period of time. Sort of hiding and waiting for an opportune time to re appear.

Tammy definitely you do need some meds to reduce the fever and as you said put you into lalaland for a day or two to let your body have a chance to fight this. Anybody who has suffered the flu has a right to whine. I didn't really have the flu, just a bad cold, so any whining you hear from me is sort of out of order. I am not feeling a bit sorry for the little cocky rooster. He may make some good fried chicken if he is that young.

Elsie, why didn't you take your crocs off? Geesh, now you just may have to drag out the vacuum and use that to get up all the little pieces of paper. Yes, I agree as long and DH and I have been married, 48 years he should know what he needs to do to keep me happy. I have a male friend who always told me, if mamma (his wife) ain't happy, then nobody in the family is happy. So it is my job to make sure I know what makes mamma happy and keep her that way! He is a smart man!

Terese guess you have been packing and getting ready. Did you try the space vacuum bags? You need to keep in touch with us and let us know where you are and what/how you are doing. Just because you are going to be gone 8 weeks doesn't exempt you from checking in.

Speaking of checking in, DIANNE, you need to get here and tell us what is going on with you. You are worrying me.

Debbie, glad that DH's test isn't so godawful early tomorrow. In some ways that is good, but if he is subjected to watching you drink coffee and can't have it it may be just added torture for him. Tell him it will all be over with and forgotten before the day is over. Poor Shannon on the strep. Did you get to talk to your DS yesterday.

Well, need to check another thread and then I am about ready to call it a night.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 6, 2013
6:59 PM

Post #9377674

BonnieB, he had his community service yesterday and today. He is learning things the hard way. Friends no longer want anything to do with him, burning
bridges as in parents won't let him stay over the night either. He has been home nightly since our disagreement the other day. Yesterday he had to clean firetrucks, and today he had to clean a fire hall that had a big party last night. Washing tables, floors, dishes and emptying garbage and such.

He actually came home after, had lunch with me and talked a bit about sledding and how we used to go. Asked if we still had sleds and next I knew asked DD to take him somewhere so he could sled with friend. I haven't seen him since, but I hope it went well and was a "good" fun.

YES, Dianne, was worried since your fall yesterday...are you doing OK??
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
7:10 PM

Post #9377681

Debbie, sometimes it would be so much easier if they would actually listen to advice that parents gave, as it usually comes from experience and hard knocks they learned. My DS always told me that he had to experience it and learn from his own mistakes. Doesn't make sense to me, but I was one who did listen.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2013
7:53 PM

Post #9377700

Had a lazy day today... made some Green Soup [Jeanna loved it] she left to go back to the Dorm today... I think she was here for 23 days. She really is a pleasure...

took a nap, watched some football... not much else.

Tomorrow is the bank, and repacking. I will take what I have packed and slide it all in those 'bags' - hopefully to condense the stuff. I'll try to remember to take images ...
tomorrow night is dinner with the in-laws

either tomorrow or Tuesday, I will do some last minute grocery shopping for the boys - to stock up.

I see the CC statement on the desk... should take care of that plus the 1 bank statement sitting there too.

OH -- and I thought I had packed all my hand sanitizer... but found one from Bath & Body Works... I've been using that along with anitbacterial hand soap. I also sprayed down all the light switches, door knobs and various things that gets touched 37 thousand times a day... I am NOT getting sick.

When Jeanna started coming down with 'whatever' -- I gave her some of that stuff like AirBorne ... that isn't the product, but something similar [just can't recall the name] but high in VItC and other vits and minerals... she said it [the cold / flu ] never hit her full force. Alex also started taking lots of VItc and drinking that stuff... OH... EmergenC is what it is called. I know i got it at Walmart.

Uggg - should get ready for bed...

Debbie -- good luck tomorrow with Paul. I recall those days with DH. not fun.
Tam - hope your fever breaks
Sandy - I'm praying that it;s not that MSRA
BonnieB -- are you feeling better too?
Dianne -- Hope you are OK today. not too bruised.

~~ To all others... .

have we seen Melva in a while??
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 6, 2013
7:55 PM

Post #9377702

Terese much better, just left with a dry hacking cough, mostly at night.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 7, 2013
12:20 AM

Post #9377773

Good morning! It's been a lazy day yesterday, after working on Saturday. We went grocery shopping , then came home and saw a movie. Then I baked an apple cake for Ionut...it's St. John's day today, therefore we're celebrating everyone named after the Saint : Ion, Ionut, Ionel(for the boys), Ioana, Ionela (for the girls).
yesterday we had another religious celebration : Boboteaza. I wrote an article about it, very interesting, you'll like it. I'll keep you posted when it's published.
Andreea, Nicholas and the jerk are coming today, mostly for Ionut's day, but also for another reason, they are going to get married and have to go to the City Hall in our village where they want the ceremony to take place. We're not so thrilled about it, but it's Andreea's decision and it's her life...what more can I say? As long as they are getting along, it's OK.

((((Tam)))), you have to go to the doctor's! Too many days with high fever aren't good for you! I think you need antibiotics before the crud turns into a pneumonia. Although I hope you're feeling better today and you don't need to go to the doctor's.

Bonnie, I'm glad you liked the decoration on my beef salad. You take some rest and try to sleep more. I think you are too restless and stressed with your DM situation. It seems that she is well taken care of, so you try to take care of yourself too. Sending big hugs!

BonnieB, I know what you are talking about regarding moaning husbands...they're all the same!LOL Good news that you are feeling better!

((((Debbie)))), I'll be keeping Paul in my prayers today. Sending hugs for you too!

Sandy, have a safe and fun trip! I know Andre will have a blast at the kennel!

Terese, you seem to have a good company with Jeanna! When are you leaving?

Vicki, banana bread seems yummy! What else did you have in mind for yourself? I made a cake for DS last night and I had to stop myself from craving a piece!LOL

Elsie, I thought only doggies are shredding the paper, but it seems that Chloe likes that too!LOL

((((((Dianne)))))), how are you feeling today? I hope you don't have too many bruises from the fall! Diesel must have grown so big, so you take care when you go out with him. Can't you let him run in your yard without the leash?

Waving to all! Talk to you later.

Adina
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 7, 2013
1:14 AM

Post #9377783

Just got a chance to check in now. First of all none of you are whining. Please!!! You are ill, hurting or putting up with an aggravating family member. All of those situations are permissible to state how you are really feeling. Heck, if we can't share how we actually feel, who can we share it with?

Thanks so much for asking about me after my tumble. I am becoming various shades of colours in different areas of my body. Had quite the headache for about 24 hours but it is starting to lessen now. Bump on the back of my noggin where it connected with the wood border of the garden. My neck is quite stiff but its been worse. Lots of warm heat on it helps. Poor little Diesel had such a look of horror on his face when he saw what he had done.. I thought he clung to me before - ha! he won't leave my side now.

So good to see you Bonnie. Have you seen a nutritionist yet? Glad your New Years was so enjoyable this year. Really good to read you are aware of when you are not able to drive responsibly. I know exactly how you feel!! Even though I know I could probably drive into Kingston and take a taxi home or have someone pick me up if I had a dizzy spell come on I just would not take that chance. Glad to see you making your DM wait until you are ready to drive over to see her. We all know you would be there in a nano second if the situation was serious. That's why you have her in such a facility, you can rely on them to give you the straight goods. We were so thankful we did exactly the same thing with my MIL. She was running my sweet DSIL ragged with frantic phone calls that were each a life threatening situation in her eyes. Initially the home got duped in by MIL, but DH and DSIL sat down with the staff and discussed the whole situation. The staff realized MIL was a player and were better able to assess the seriousness of each situation.

BonnieB I can understand why you were feeling a little sorry for yourself last night. I would be too if I thought
we were going out to celebrate our anniversary and there I sat wondering what was going on. No fun having an argument with yourself is there? Bet Mr B heard plenty though. So glad you had such an enjoyable lunch after church.

Watching Guy Fieri's Diners ..., never watched it before but it sure is making me hungry.

How was work this week Vicki? Do things slow down for you in January?

Sandy your travels sound like lots of fun and great photo ops. Take good care of yourself!! Can you go swimming when the MRSA is active?

Terese it sounds like you will miss Jenna? I am so glad that you and your DH were able to extend this young lady not only a place to stay during her holidays but also a chance to see how a family - a real family - interacts.

Melva how are you doing? Still liking that new toaster oven?

So Elsie do you feel like you made some headway in your house? That's a lot of trash bags full of junk! Hope Miss Chloe was more of an assistance than a hindrance.

Frank is coming to stay over at least 1 night this week so I need to think of something to make for dinner. Frank loves to eat so it is just a matter of me making a decision of what to make. I asked him what he would like to eat and he said don't bother we would go out to eat. Told him he was too used to living in Cairo and with a lady who doesn't like to cook. He laughed and said "Yep you are right."

Tammy I am so glad you are getting rid of that nasty rooster. They really can turn ugly quickly and they never seem to shake the ugly once they start acting that way. Sure hope you turn the corner health wise soon.. Get thee to a doc if you don't feel better when you get up. You would be the first one telling each of us to get our ill self to the doc's.

So Debbie, did you survive Paul's ordeal? Once when Warren had the procedure done I walked into the bathroom in the middle of the night and there he was sleeping in a lawn chair. When I woke him he said he just got tired of running in and out of the bathroom. I laughed right out loud and that sure didn't lighten his disposition. Glad you got a shelf! Comet is my go to stain remover almost all of the time - after all these years and still works so well.

OK eyes are starting to get heavy so am going to try and sleep. The argument I am going to have with UPS later is playing through my head though!

Make sure you all do something nice for yourself today ladies!!
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 7, 2013
1:20 AM

Post #9377784

Hello Adina!!! It is so good to see you. Loved the photos you posted.

Well Congratulations to Andreea and to her soon to be new DH. You are right not for you or Cici to say much, other than you are happy for her and Nickola. Does the soon to be SIL. Does this guy known here at the jerk have a job so he can support his new family?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2013
3:09 AM

Post #9377798

Good morning everyone

Dianne no I can not go to the pool when it is active. It is better but still there

Thanks everyone, I am getting better with the pictures. And I will share any pictures I get today.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2013
6:00 AM

Post #9377870

Good morning, very chilly here this morning. I have to go to a nearby city to purchase some church supplies today, and DS wants to ride along to visit with some friends. This is where he and his SO used to live. I am hoping that he won't want to visit the SO, but if he does, he is a grown man.

Need to do some straightening of the house, but if I don't get that done, it will wait, no one else will do it.

Dianne, so glad to hear from you. You take it easy, and do care for the bruises, and the head, ouch on the headache. Poor Diesel, bet he thought he had killed you.

Need to head to the bathroom to shower and dress.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9377911

Good morning,

DH seemed to have a restful night and was up about 7:00 (sleeping in for him normally up at 4:20). We have to leave here about 10:00 for the hospital. I had some rice krispies to hold me over for the morning.

Missing Vicki & Melva updates on here also...I hope you are all doing well, I skimmed over all postings.

Sandy safe travels.

Tam, how was your night, feeling better or think a call to the doctor is in order?

BonnieB, & Terese, you two are on the run and keep so busy...wish I had your energy.

OOOOOOH Adina, How do you bite your tongue so much at something like that? It is so hard to stand by your child when you know she is
making a bad choice, but you are right. It is her life and decision...and we as parents pick up the pieces afterwards it seems. BIG BIG hugs
to you & Cici!

Dianne, glad Diesel is tending to you. Poor baby must feel as awful as your head and bruises do! Hot compresses are good! Did you get MRI results
back yet?

OK, I have to get moving. Still a lot to do before I leave but critters are fed and so am I!

Probably won't be back til around 1:00 or so.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2013
6:52 AM

Post #9377930

Deb I posted yesterday. You missed me!

Gotta go and get ready for town.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
6:55 AM

Post #9377934

Good Morning!

DH said my nice cochin rooster was surrounded by hens this morning. He apparently is on the mend. I'm so happy that nasty roo is gone for good!

Adiana - great to hear from you! Can't wait to see the next article. It sounds interesting. Congratulations to Andreea. How wonderful it would be for Nicholas to have a permanent dad & stable family.

Debbie - good luck today! :-)

Dianne - so glad you posted. I was contemplating calling you but wasn't sure I had the voice for it. A concussion can be quite dangerous. l

Terese - I read an article on the places most germy. As BonnieB suggested, grocery carts are right up there. Phones, door handles, railings and such are the worst too. Be sure to wipe your hands if you take an escalator or use a paper towel to operate faucets (if not automatic) & open doors from the bathroom. It would be just awful to get sick at this point!

Loretta - I must have missed the bit about Chloe shredding papers. Fred loves to do that. Did I tell you about the confetti I found in an open cabinet where I keep my cookbooks? Pixel had shredded a number of pages from my favorite book. DH said he saw her doing it. (And apparently didn't think it worthwhile to investigate & stop her).

The men are here to install the railings on the steps & stairs we had installed this fall & last winter. Finally!

OK. I'm calling my doctor to see what she recommends. I did not have a good night. It seems around 5am I have a rally. This morning my nose finally cleared out enough to allow me to breath a little. My fever also came down around then too. Its probably 'cause I finally give up and take an aspirin at 4:30. I went through my medicine cabinet in the wee hours - every OTC med I had was expired by years! Some expired in 2000. So I couldn't even be tempted by taking one.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9377958

Oh Vicki - I missed commenting to you! What are you up to today?

Melva - did you figure out something for Corky's collar?

I called my doctor. They wanted me in ASAP. I've got an appointment for 1:30pm.
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2013
7:27 AM

Post #9377960

Getting ready to go to town and walk off the banana bread we had for breakfast! ASAP is not 1:30 in my book. LOL But better than 3 or 4.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
8:06 AM

Post #9378001

Well... I called at 10am and got an appointment for 1:30pm. Not bad! What was amazing was her response. I explained I thought I had the flu since Wed. and was hoping my doctor could suggest if there was anything I should do. Without a seconds' hesitation, she suggested the appointment time. I asked if she really thought I needed to come in & expose everyone to my germs and she said YES.

Have fun on your walk Vicki. I wish I could join you. Its glorious outside here. Warm (for Jan) and sunny. Blue skies.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 7, 2013
11:37 AM

Post #9378207

Anxious to hear how our Tam and Paul made out today. Debbie how are you doing????

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
11:50 AM

Post #9378234

We are home! I do not recommend anyone going to the ER at Lakeside today. OMGosh those poor people. One had been waiting to go into ER from 8:30 and
were still there at 12:30 waiting to go back.

DH's procedure was an hour late, but they took him back at 12:30 and he was out by 12:50 in recovery. Doctor found two polyps, removed both. He said they were NOT cancerous, but sent them for biopsy to see if they are the kind that can turn...as he will need more frequent scopes than if not. He is doing fine, and had to have some lunch on way home.

Tam, they know you need to come into the doctor as YOU never go unless you are VERY sick.

Dianne, I am hanging by a thread but hiding it well at home. I just keep waiting for the other shoe to drop as they say.

Going to make some tea and read for a bit I think...thank you for the prayers and well wishes.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2013
12:02 PM

Post #9378248

I am home-get some pictures but must process them. Took 163X2(my camera can take two grades of pictures at one time)pictures even thought the clouds where bad and would you know it the sun is out now.

The bump is better but I have 2 cold sores started-happened the last time I had impressions on my teeth.

Off to work on the pictures

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
12:09 PM

Post #9378259

Started a new thread, this one was getting long...Come on over

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293074/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293074/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America