How was your day #371

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

WAY Past time for a new threat so here goes

We came form here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292049/

Thumbnail by wren107
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Sandy, thanks for the new thread.

Tammy, I think getting your finger some air is a good idea. I do believe the bacitracin which is an ointment is what my DM uses. This is something her doctor recommends. I hope it feels better and is not infected.

Debbie, I hope your back feels better.

I am trying to get a cowl finished - I have no idea if I will be able to wear it. It is like a hugh turtleneck. I have had much help from Chloe. I kicked the recliner back this morning and had some short naps.

Happy New Year!! I hope we are all healthy and happy.

Verona, ON

Happy New Years Eve everyone!

Thanks for the new room Sandy.

Diesel is in my bad books. I wondered why he wasn't guarding me while I was showering. He was too busy counter surfing and chowing down 1/2 LB of butter I had set out to soften.

Please send positive thoughts to a loyal DG member Ponditis tonight. On Dec 23 she was taken to hospital via ambulance and placed on life support. The amazing news is she is home tonight although very weak. She was put into an induced coma for a few days to help her recoup. She had turned septic which doctors feel was the result of a dentist visit. She has a long road to recovery so positive thoughts would be greatly appreciated by Lani and her family.

Enjoy your evening everyone whatever you plan on doing.

Dianne

Lyndonville, NY

Dianne, I got that note from Lani/Ponditis also. Scary scary situation.

Keep eye on Diesel...he will most likely get the runs from the butter.

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

That's a shame about Lani - I hope she has a full recovery.

Wow that's a lot of butter!

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I"ll keep your friend Lani in my thoughts....

Bad Diesel.... counter surfing.... our Rex did that a lot. Never had ill effects except the one time he ate a bag of marshmallows just before we took the 1 hr ride to my moms.... he ralphed in DH's truck 5 min before we got there. I think there was an "I told you so" from me....

Well, we got the call around noon today and our friend passed late last evening in his wife's arms. Pat seems OK when I spoke to her, but she is also surrounded by family.... thankfully 5 of her 6 kids are down in FLA with her. Sad day.... Don was a great guy. Always smiling... I"ll miss him.

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Sandy!

Dianne - that's very scarey for Ponditis! I bet that Diesel thought he struck gold while you were in the shower. lol

I've got neosporin type cream. I was wondering about epsom salts too. thanks for the tips.

I've got everything ready for my guests (just 2 / husband & wife). I've got a couple small plates w/veggies to go w/the humus, grapes, crackers w/cheeses, salsa w/corn chips & a few deviled eggs. They are bringing shrimp cocktail.

Tam

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

cross posted Terese - I'm very sorry for your loss.
Tam

Verona, ON

Terese I am so sorry that you and Jim were not able to meet up with your friend again before he passed. Will you go over to see his DW after you arrive in Florida?

Diesel is very quiet this evening - hmmmmm wonder why? He did eat a small bit of kibble and I will leave his bowl of kibble and lots of water out for him.

I can't wait for 2012 to end .... I just got an email from a friend and her 30 year old son, father of 2 little girls is on life support in Kingston hospital after a snowmobile accident. She didn't want to email anyone last night as it didn't look like he would make it. I am just sick about this - great kid, hard working, would do anything to help people out. His wife gave permission for the docs to place a halo on Ty but did not want his spine fused just in case he does come around. He is since this afternoon responding with hand gestures so things are looking up a bit. Of course some of the movement is involuntary and they had been warned this would occur.

Spoke to Lani on IM this afternoon and she is so glad to be home. Very tired but heavens I think that is to be expected.

Elsie how is the cowl coming along? I have always liked the cowl look on people. What colour is the sweater?

Need to think about what to have for dinner. Not really too interested in anything much.

Verona, ON

We crossed Tam. Epsom salts is a good idea. It will help it heal from the inside out and help keep infection at bay.

Terese sorry for your loss.
Tam honey is very good for wounds, all except orange it is the weakest honey for wounds.

Going to call it a night

Wishin everyone a Happy and Safe New Years

Sandy and Andre

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

I soaked my fingers in epsom salts and it really feels better! thanks BonnieB

Gary has a stomach flu so we called off NY Eve.

I weighed Scirocco and she's lost another 1/2lb. Down to 6.5lbs. The prednisone
is obviously not working. She still seems quite lively.

Tam

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Lani is in my thoughts...and Terese, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend..and Dianne, I will be thinking of your friends son..and Tammy, watch those fingers

Lyndonville, NY

Terese, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Happy you had the chance to talk with him this past week.

Dianne, we have had several snowmobile accidents around here of late. One in Batavia two nights ago. Prayers for Ty & family.

Must be a day for pets to get in issues. Our Franky isn't doing well. Vomiting "green". I had found a couple spots but couldn't
figure out who they came form, and today DH saw him. This isn't good, our dear Franky is at least 13. Was praying 2013
would not start out with bad news off the start.

DH made a wonderful dinner, and we are just watching remodeling shows. Right now he found "Man Cave" so I am over here!

Debbie

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Good evening.

Terese, I am so sorry about your friend. I am glad that the children are there, people around you at a time like this are so comforting.

Dianne, so sorry to hear of Ponditis, that is such an odd thing to have happen. Glad that she is home and doing better, even if it will be a long road to recovery. Sorry about your friend's snowmobile accident. I am hoping that there is complete recovery. DH had a nephew who had an accident similar, and he was in a semi coma for 3 years. Such a sorry way to see a young person. Will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.

Elsie, is the cowl for you? I have such a short neck that I just don't look good in cowls or turtle necks. If I wear a style like that it has to be the mock turtleneck, and even with the shorter length, it looks like a full turtleneck on me. Chloe should be an expert knitter by now!

Tammy, I swear by Epsom salts. From sprains to bruises to cuts, you name it, and I use it for that. My son used to always head to the bathroom vanity for the container of epsom salts when he had any kind of wound, because he knew that is what I would tell him to do first! It will help it heal from the inside. Sorry about the cancelled plans. But if the stomach bug has Gary down, he would not be good company anyway, even if the friends were brave enough to come over.

Debbie, I sure hope that if it is your elderly Franky, that it will be quick and painless for him. Like maybe in his sleep. What a blessing. (hugs) to you. Have you spoken to your DH today after him not making you breakfast when he made his? Mine would have gotten some really angry looks.

Terese, will the boys be there to keep Bud for you when you go to Florida? Gosh, I bet he is so used to seeing suitcases that it doesn't bother him. Now Mr. B would be pouting all the time if I was going as much as you have been all summer. Of course he knows that he does get to go some, so maybe he is just being watchful to see if his things start getting put out!

Melva, I really think Corky needs that collar, so that the other family will know that he is part of a household. He may come home sometime with a collar and maybe a chip, oh, heavens, is he neutered? That would be awful to have another family decide he needed to be neutered. But hey, you wouldn't have to pay for it!

Sandy, you have been working so hard on the calendars. I am sure that you are doing a great job, and you will be able to finish them soon. I just realized today that I don't have a new calendar for my desk. Usually get several from businesses, but guess they are cutting back this year.

Vicki, I have lost your schedule again. Don't know whether you are working or have some time off. Bet things are looking bare in the store. I went to our Dollar General today, all kinds of Christmas stuff on sale, and would you believe, they are already putting out Valentine stuff. Sort of makes me sad.

Well, went to help with the curing of the hams this afternoon. Well I turned out to be the boss and had one helper. I cured 4 hams, 3 shoulders, jowl and side bacon. So lots of seasoning and wrapping. They will hang them tomorrow. We use a recipe that is about 100 years old. One guy wanted to do an experiment, our recipe against a commercially prepared one. So we did, won't know results until about June of next year!

Stomach ills are over, now I have about half a voice. Every other word that I try to speak has no sound associated with it! Nothing else beside a headache and a runny nose. Hope that this is the worst of it, and I can get rid of this soon.

We are in, DH watching football, and dozing in the recliner. I have been reading, and Mr. B sitting next to me. Now he is right beside me, wondering when we are going to bed!

Happy New Year everybody, and IT WILL BE a healthy one!

Lyndonville, NY

Bonnie, he knew I was mad....hence the steaks for dinner on the grill.
He said "I know you don't like to eat when you first get up". I said "you could have asked!"

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Corky has been in neutral for a long time.

Melva, in neutral, or neutered? Hehe.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Will comment tomorrow. Busy day here.

Happy New Year Everyone! Hope it is a better Year for all of us!

Lyndonville, NY

Yes, Happy New Year everyone

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I wasn't sure if I could spell neutered so I said neutral....

Good morning everyone

Happy New Year

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107
Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Happy New Year!!

Good morning, and happy new year. It is cold, snow predicted for today. We have already had the sleet and freezing rain, so a nasty day for sure.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy New Year.... we still have no snow. i think it's about 10 and sunny.

Lyndonville, NY

Happy New Year,we have light snow flurries, 27 degrees with the "real feel" of 12, no sun in sight....and still the back ache.

Could it be the orange cat sleeping on top of me? Hmm!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Morning! -7 degrees and sunny here. Anyone want to go out and play!

No breakfast yet but it will be raisin toast. Then will have to think of something to make for lunch and supper.

Terese so sorry for your loss and glad that you got to talk to him.

Tam I had forgotten about the epson salts. Glad someone remembered and the fingers are doing better.Sorry Gary got sick and you had to cancel.

Dianne hoping your friends son is better this morning.Plus that Diesel didn't keep you up last night or have any accidents. Silly boy. I remember you saying one other time he tried counter surfing. Wonder why some dogs do it and others don't. HAve never had a problem with any of my dogs. Now cats are another story!

Sandy thanks for the new thread. Love that picture of Andre.

Yesterday we went to Eau Claire. DH had to get a tool replaced at Sears. Then we wandered the mail a bit and I kept wondering why do people shop there? The prices are terrible and it is so big. I now it makes a good place to exercise as some people were there walking. Anyway we won't go there again unless necessary!

Went and had lunch at Red Lobster! The shrimp scampi was great the scallops soso! Loved the biscuits and mashed potatoes. No room for dessert. So that cut out a few calories.

Stopped at the thrift store and found 3 big ugly shirts to wear outside. Wouldn't want the wildlife to see anything they shouldn't. Prices have sure increased there. Went to WM and just bought needed items. No food! Stopped at the grocery store as they had Chicken breast at 98 cents a lb. Sure couldn't pass that up.

Tried a very easy cake and it made a nice change from cake and frosting.

Yellow cake mix
3 eggs and 1-20oz. can of crushed pineapple. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes. Can eat like that ,with whipped cream or ice cream.

I did miss frosting.

Gotta go as Ty is looking for you know what!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Just watched an 18 month old snowboarding on the news! LOL

Northeast, PA(Zone 6b)

Happy New Year everyone! Looking for a healthy, happy & prosperous 2013 for all of you!!!

Love the photo Sandy.

Melva - I like the neutral idea. lol

Vicki - you sound like you are just full of energy today.

We weighed Scirocco this morning - she lost another 0.2lbs. She's just so tiny now. She sleeps on the radiators. I bet she's cold w/nothing to insulate her. I'm going to call the vet and ask him to talk with the other vets in the practice to see if they can come up with any ideas since the prednisone is clearly not working. She's dropped 0.6lbs during the 2wks she's been getting the steroid.

Dianne - how did Diesel doing after his counter surf incident?

Debbie - I hope it was an issue-free evening for you & DH.

Tam

Tam

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Oh Tam getting more worried about Scirocco! Do you feed her separately to know how much she is eating. Maybe warm up the food a bit so it is more smelly. Have they checked her teeth? Hope something is discovered and soon!

That raisin toast was really good. Even ate an extra slice. Told DH we should of bought a loaf for the freezer!

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Tammy, I am sure Scirroco's blood sugar has been checked? Weight loss was one of the symptoms for Ginger's diabetes. I would try warm and smelly too. I think if a cat can't smell her food she won't go to it.

Vicki, raisin toast sounds yummy. I had a raisin bagel for breakfast.

Lyndonville, NY

I made bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast. Knew it would be a busy day.

Tree is down, ornaments and snowmen packed away. Some of my "winter" fest snowmen still out til Spring.

Spencer "The Professors" cage is cleaned. Then DH helped clean out a cabinet to put in some of the new pots/pans storage.

I have a very determined squirrel out front digging out peanuts. Tried getting a picture but didn't work. The sun finally came out!!!

Tam, I would brainstorm with the vet also. At one time with Daisy, we would give her 1 tablespoon of food at a time...and tease her with the
taste. I mean, to really make sure she had it in front of her when she was hungry, ate that and if wanted more...put a tad more down. Just to make sure
she ate it all. She still will not eat food that has sat there for over an hour.

They did a complete thyroid panel, not just the basic one? Memory (YankeeCat) has all three of her babies with thyroid issues now and no idea why.
Only other thing I can think, put her on a high calorie kitten food.

Debbie

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

Tammy when I had a cat who wouldn't eat, the Vet told me to warm her food so it was smelly..as others have stated ...cats sometimes will not eat if they don't smell their food (maybe that is why they make it so smelly in the first place)

Lafayette, NJ(Zone 6a)

Here is the cowl I knit. I'll have to see if I can wear it - I don't wear wool well.

Thumbnail by elsie
Verona, ON

Happy New Years Day everyone. Hope you all get the spend in the manner you wish to.

Gorgeous sunny but crisp day out there. SO much for the Weather Liars' forecasted snow storm.

Went to bed about 9 pm, fell asleep about 11 pm but woke up just in time to see the ball descend in Times Square.Spent some time scouring the TV channels to see if the Al Jolson Story was on. When I was a kid and used to babysit on NYE it was always on. Would like to see it again.

Going to try for a nap. Enjoy your day everyone. Debbie I loved the photo of Paul in the Tang you posted on FB. Think the smile on his face said it all.
Dianne

Lyndonville, NY

Elsie, that is pretty, I bet Chloe would crawl in that and make a nest. You don't want me to knit do you?
I think the cowl necks are comfy if made with a thinner yard/thread.

Leesburg, FL(Zone 9b)

very nice elsie!! looks nice and warm.

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I found Corky's collar and name tag...it looks too small I may have to get another one for him.

Lyndonville, NY

There should be an adjustment slide on it Melva, most cat ones do.

Regarding dinner: There will be no vampires in this house for some time. Someone went a bit overboard with garlic.

BUT the chicken parm meatballs were not bad at all...considering we all ate them, we all smell like garlic!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Good to know you will be safe from vampires Deb!

Elsie I hate something up around my neck like that.

Have dozed on and off all afternoon.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.