Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Texas Gardening: Happy New Year!

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Moodene
(Nadine) Devers, TX
(Zone 9b)

January 1, 2013
7:17 PM

Post #9372771

Happy New Year to all!! I been on the road home for the last 2 days. Hope to make it in Texas by tomorrow nite. Been to Mountain Home, ID to take my daughter a car for them to use. My daddy n I don't like all this cold winter snowing mess!! Been glad to get out if it. We are in Laramie, Wy for the nite. Glad it will be sunshining on us all the way home tomorrow. Already been in 3 spin outs on the way up. Scared the crap outta me but my daddy handled that well. Just wish 18 wheeler truckers stay on their side of the road after they pass us. They moved over in our lane n would have knocked us off the road n mountains are not my friends either. Sigh. Just wanna be home!!

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 1, 2013
8:39 PM

Post #9372831

Be careful and get home safely.
fancyflea
Wharton, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 2, 2013
9:32 AM

Post #9373163

Happy New Year...

kittriana

kittriana
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 4, 2013
5:36 PM

Post #9375707

18 wheelers are s'posed to stay in the right lane, and try to get back to that lane as soon as possible-especially the newer drivers and the California drivers. When they have more experience they will wait longer to return to their lane to avoid throwing road debris on you. Most 18 wheeler drivers are much younger than you realize and are only 'Professionals' because they hold a license. Not because they have experience. Many have never driven ice before and do not realize your vehicle doesn't drive the same as theirs. I drive 18 wheels, and am here to tell you they not only scare ME - but get my tongue lashing constantly at their uncaring unthinking non driving habits...and I have driven all 48 states now since 1984. They try to call me ol school and laugh at me, but they dont have the answers I have, and I usually keep em mad.. its good for em

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America