Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum! The Holiday's Over--What Now?: Only a real tree

Communities > Forums > Article: O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum! The Holiday's Over--What Now?
bookmark
Forum: Article: O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum! The Holiday's Over--What Now?Replies: 0, Views: 7
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
joandud
White Lake, MI

January 1, 2013
10:40 PM

Post #9372896

In my entire life - many decades long - I've only had real Christmas trees. Some were Douglas firs, some Fraser firs, and long ago Balsams. Yes, the fragrance is wonderful. I always wonder when I will discover the last needle. Will it be in March? June? Somehow those little buggers can find a place to hide no matter how hard one cleans and vacuums. After we take the tree down we either stake it in the yard not too far from the bird bath or saw the branches off and use them to cover rose bushes. This year, because we were going out of town before Christmas, we bought a small potted dwarf Alberta spruce, decorated it and then before we left, planted it - pot and all - to await spring. I never realized these trees have a lovely, lemony fragrance.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum! The Holiday's Over--What Now? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great information cathy4 11 Dec 29, 2012 6:16 PM
Other ideas clo100170 1 Dec 28, 2010 6:16 AM
What to do with your Christmas tree. spuddabudda 1 Dec 28, 2010 6:16 AM
New Orleans way with Christmas trees aalake 0 Jan 2, 2012 10:52 AM
What to do with your dead X-mas tree? GKK 1 Jan 3, 2012 4:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America