NE Pets Forum #25

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

We're to 300 posts so its time for a new tread.

We came from here.
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1286417/

Bear licking snow off his nose.

This message was edited Jan 8, 2013 4:35 PM

Thumbnail by Doug9345
(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Thanks Doug forthe new thread...Bear is great!!

Harper and Winston saying hello...

Thumbnail by luvsgrtdanes
Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

Hi Harper and Winston. They are great looking dogs too.

I come home from the grocery store this afternoon and I had a 2L bottle that's warm. I wanted some so I set it in the snow bank to cool off not thinking about the fact that it makes a perfect target for a male dog. He didn't get it because I saw him before he did. :-0

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Here is another song from the Young Farmers. http://youtu.be/48H7zOQrX3U

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

One good thing about large male Great Danes they don't lift their leg!

Why is that?

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Not positive, some say it's a balance thing, they grow so fast and others say if they get neutered early they won't lift. I've read that even in tact dogs don't lift. It may have something to do with no other males around, no need for him to mark. Atticus never did either, I always just figured he was to big and it was more comfortable for him to squat. Only draw back is sometimes he pees on his foot...LOL!!

Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Brought Crash to the vet today. He lost 1.4 lbs. Took blood and will check thyroid. They probably have to change the dose. I had started giving him a whole pill per day for the past week.

That is a lot of weight. Poor Crash. Are you giving 1/2 pill twice a day or the whole thing once a day?

Whole once.

Consider splitting it in half and giving it twice a day instead as it helps to even out the thyroid that way. That is what the thyroid groups recommend. My cats really like Flavor-Doh to wrap around their pills. In fact, Wallingford ate half a tub sans pills. Give him a scratch for me, please.

I mix in water and squirt down his throat with a syringe.

You are good!

If the people have been started on rabies shots without waiting for the results to come back from the animal - someone in authority was pretty sure it was rabid.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

you are good Victor.. that's not easy

Took a while to get the technique right.

Thomaston, CT

Loved the photos of the dogs....handsome guys! Memory, I visited my friend at the dairy in NH....she had a wonderful creamsicle cat....looked to be part Maine Coon......

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

This was a calender of wolves we got in 2012, Cyrus has a pink nose and more coloration on his ears but otherwise it could be his twin. ^_^

Thumbnail by pixie62560
central, NJ(Zone 6b)

yep it could be

saw a moving car with a dog hanging almost completely out the window....what is wrong with people?

Thomaston, CT

Cyrus is one handsome dude! Yes, I see lots of dogs here that are hanging out the window...one quick stop is all it takes......

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Wow that does look so much like Cyrus, what a beautiful dog he is!

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

Cy is handsome!!!... Jen I don't get that either

Is Cyrus still "taste testing" patches?

Durhamville, NY(Zone 5b)

I've always thought Cyprus is a great looking dog.

I've had cats all my life and I'm nor sure that I'll ever figure their interactions out completely. I understand the argument over the top of the computer monitor as it's prime kitty real estate in the winter. But why Sweetie Pie had to mess with Harry when he was trying to walk past her on the bed so he could lie on the other side I have no idea.

It's a cat thing. You aren't supposed to understand! Do you watch the Animal Planet show My Cat From Hell? That guy knows more about cats than anyone!

Thomaston, CT

Yes, it's scary. But he's helped so many.

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Creamsicle is a pretty cat, Victor.

Nice pic of Bear, Doug. Looks like he's having fun.

Hello Harper and Winston!

Yep, Cyrus does look a lot like that wolf in the calendar.

Hate it when I see dogs hanging out windows. I have always discouraged my dogs from even putting their heads out the windows.

I love My Cat From Hell.

Victor, I hope Crash will be okay.

Karen

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Wall-e had diarrhea again in the house....UGH, didn't even attempt to try and go out...that's it! I don't care if it's 20 below he's staying outside!!!!

Thomaston, CT

Crate him at night.....

I bought an outside heating mat for the stray cat house. It only heats up to 102 degrees (cat body temp) and is low wattage. Gives me peace-of-mind that Meeyow will always have a safe, warm place to stay no matter what the weather.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

ICK it was a mess in the crate when he had diarrhea...that was worse cause it was all over him too!
Maybe will look into that heat mat for his dog house

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

the kids sneaking him food he shouldn't have?

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

UGH!

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Yeah crated poopy dog mess is no fun!

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Nope probably from the animals he eats when he's outside

Thomaston, CT

My DIL's parents have a German shepherd, Zack. Yesterday, I brought Suey along to babysit....thought Zack was safely in the barn, & let Suey out to pee.....Zack came running around the corner at about 100mph, I screamed for Suey to get in the house....Zack's tail wagged & he thought she was pretty cute! My heart almost stopped, of course.

How frightening! Glad there was a happy ending.

Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

yes.. would be a heart stopper if they didn't know each other

Halifax, MA(Zone 6a)

Jen, sorry to hear about your problems with Wall-E. I think he should be perfectly fine in the doghouse outside as long as you put lots of straw in it. My sister's dogs in Alaska stayed outside in their doghouses all winter, in sub-zero temps, with lots of straw. Granted, they had thick winter coats. They are/were American Eskimos. She only has one now, and is in Florida, so that one has had to make quite an adjustment. Doesn't have a thick coat anymore.

Karen

Dog owners have asked to have Beneful Dog Food recalled as they are blaming it for illnesses and death of their dogs. Purina has refused to recall it. Here is the article http://www.examiner.com/article/purina-s-beneful-dog-food-killing-dogs-nationwide-no-recall-issued-by-fda

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.