26. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO--LANDED FEB 8---TOOK OFF FEB 12TH
27. MINNESIPPI----MINN--LANDED FEB 16TH---
28. MELLEN1954---IOWA
29. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
30. DIAMOND9192002 / -IND
31. JLEE160---MI
32. SBISH5-----MI
HOME . DEEJAY9---MAR 13 TH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GREAT PRIZE TO BE announced LATER :)

RISINGCREEK---KC--CA---------------JAN 21ST-----SORRY
MELLEN1954---IOWA----FEB 1ST--------------------SORRY
PAULA_P------TX-------------FEB 11th? ---------------SORY
CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ-------FEB 13 TH-----------SORRY
MARTI001 -----KY------------FEB 14TH--------------------SORRY
POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY-----FEB 20TH
GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA----------FEB 22TH
CRIS316---NJ-----FEB 25 TH
CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY---------FEB 28TH
FOTV/SUSAN---VA--------MAR 1ST
JLEE160--JEN--MI--------------MAR 2ND
FRAUSNOW-----MAR 4TH
PATTI1959-- OR------------MAR 8TH
PFG---PAM---NH---------MAR 11TH
MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH ----MAR 12 TH
CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC ------MAR 13
BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD------MAR 14TH
DOMEHOMEDEE------MAR 18TH
. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN--------MAR 21ST
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH-----------MAR 22ND
ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH-----------------------MAR 23RD
LANAKILA---NC------MAR 25 TH
BLUESPIRAL-----MD-------APR 1ST
WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO-------APR 8TH

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013 6:07 PM

This message was edited Feb 6, 2013 1:46 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2013 12:06 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI(Zone 5a)

OK HERE IS THE NEW 2ND TIME AROUND SIGN UP !!!!!!! ONLY !!!!!!!
PLEASE CHAT IS HERE ONLY TAKEN UP TO 15 PLAYERS FOR 2 ND TIME .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292968/

Thumbnail by deejay9
Saginaw, MI

The new link is here Susie--thanks!! Also, the link for the new robin works also--and guess who has signed up(that would be me--BUT I wasn't the first-lol--which means others are already "gearing" up for the 2nd time around (even though some of us haven't made it through the first round yet!!!!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to have fun while finding/getting new garden beauties to try!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Shirley

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

it was ME! :D Susie & I cross threaded here so I got a quicker heads up :) I "ran" over there and signed up.

Coffee Break Been cleaning Walls Not sure why but only it might be to warm in here but my walls are sweating & causing some Mildew on the walls Got a feeling maybe this was making me so sick so I Just finished washing walls its just around the back side of my bed so now i have to move my bed & Dry out the wall . Found it when I Moved my bed out to Vaccume OH MY . so waiting for them to dry out :)

I Have set the sign up for 15 players this time Only so that everyone will have time to get their seeds Planted this spring.
I will start Most of my seeds In March I Have been reading on some of them & their Germination rate . I don't want laggy seedling

well now to get back to cleaning will up-date the sign up forum later today

Saginaw, MI

Gee Susie--sounds like you and me have the same things in mind--cleaning!! Only mine is washing quilts!! Long & slow process -- can only do 1(if large heavy ones) and maybe 2 at a time if not so heavy!! In between loads of laundry , weeding out old clothes/shoes, looking for employment opportunities, and of course messing with seeds/plants/catalogs in there also!!

Are you still looking for different gourd seeds(Susie)?? I have some mixed decorative gourd seeds that you are more than welcome to if so. If you do want them, do you want me to send them to you now or just wait till the robin box comes and put them in there for you?? Either way will be fine with me, just let me know!

Well, back to basement for laundry change!! Ttyl. Shirley

Barbourville, KY(Zone 7a)

No cleaning going on here, but I have been doing a little wintersowing and dreaming of spring. I usually take 2 weeks off in mid April to plant out what I have started in the greenhouse. This is about midway through in one small area. I spend one day carrying the flats out of the green house and putting them in the general area I am going to use them and the rest of the time actually planting.
As I get older and less nimble, I vow to cut down every year, but somehow I never seem to do it. This year I really am going to do that; really I am.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog
Arroyo Grande, CA(Zone 9a)

Your picture makes me long for Spring, it's raining here today.

Very Nice alana are those all from last Spring Right ??? Or is your GH Heated ??? well My Place is all rearranged Now it will take a few months to fine where i put things I Also Put up My Little Mini GH
Its Getting Dark out so Doesn't Show the greatest but here is where i will plant the seeds that can be winner sown:) will start tomorrow on that I Hope . To tired tonight & I Quit .
So will go get caught up on the new robin back tomorrow . GN all

Thumbnail by deejay9

Steph Thank you for the list for me & Let amanda Know about the swap so she can go sign in Only going to take the 1st 15 Players that Sign up . & They have to POST So I Can Keep track .

Its been a long busy day & I'm ready to lay Back & Watch some TV. you all have a great eve.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I let her know. But will let her know she needs to chime in as well. :)

Mountain View, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi, all.
Thanks for the new thread, Susie :)
Now, if I just had the energy to do some planting! Have some sun out there today :)
Spring weather... What a nice thought :) Definitely looking forward to it!
Michelle

I Thought CA was alway warm & Sunny Year round :) hehe Off to play cards back in the Morning

:) I wish... Been getting down into the 30's at night here lately! What's up with that? :)
Michelle

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

Hey! Its UP to the 30's this week here :) Thats above average!!

We're all a bunch of weather wimps here. We get a little rain and we all talk about how depressing it is outside, and if it gets below 60 and we all whine about being cold. I moved to Albuquerque for a year, I ended up coming back. All the east coast transplants thought the weather was so good there, I was either cold or hot the whole year.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I've been in Santa Fe when it snowed, Brrrrrrr...

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Robin flew to California yesterday, DC# has been d-mailed to Susie.

It is a tremendous robin -- best one I've seen yet!

Sue G

Thats What we like to hear Sueg :)))

Got the Conf# Looks as it might be about weds . well off to check the other forums Have a few things i need to get done today so may not get back till later today .

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

getting closer :)

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

sbish..do you want me to include any talls that I have? LOL! The deer have never bothered the C.s nor the veronicas, how 'bout valariana, fragrant, 48", spring; Daucus carota, 6-7ft, b., fragrant; Eupatorium joicus 48" last summer but will get taller I'm thinking maybe 60", fragrant; Salvia azurea Nikan, 48", blue, late summer....just a few off the top of my head.

Susie...I start them in and they are clump forming. When my babies are ready to transplant, I let them dry and pop them out of their pot, the wetter they are the harder this chore is. Gently tease them apart and pot up into the next size pot, sometimes 36,48, 72. 96 trays or 21/2" pots. It just depends on my room available or size of the plant, ie. how fast does it grow... I have always had good luck with doing it this way.... Hey it looks like you got lots of room on that stand to start some goodies, yeah!!! And remember...I have an area outside that gets covered (in plastic) so I can move out the plants that are the hardiest, and when needed I use frost covers over them to keep them snug and warm. Those that go out early are Dianthus, Columbine, Daisies, Rudbeckias, etc., and only those things that I think are big enough to go out. Gives me more room inside to work on other things...lol. No annuals go out til April, I still have cold weather in April but is getting closer to planting time and the overnight temps are usually warmer, but we still get snow but not any below zeros by that time of year, my last frost date is usually 5/12. Does that give you a little more courage to try a few things in....lol.

Fruity...LOL, yup I'll have plenty to plant, and a whole backyard to fill, but guess what....lol, I'll have plenty to share too!!! Got your eye on anything in particular? lol. But you would be suprised as to how many plants I put into the main border already...hundreds and hundreds!!!!! That border is about 4000 sqr feet. One thing I know I will have extras of is Digitalis, not sure which yet but I have started 9 different varieties so far, nope correct that to 10 varieties of foxglove. And many of the annuals (not started yet) will fill in til the perenns bloom next season..

I start things early just to get bigger plants by planting time, mid May..and flowers are better than weeds any day in my book..lol.

(Pam) Warren, CT(Zone 5b)

I couldn't agree withyoumore... But my scale of things is quite different, lol.

Port Norris, NJ(Zone 7b)

Just dropped by to check on the progress and catch up to see what I missed.

I'll be starting my planting within the next few weeks. DH wants me to cut back
this year as last year was pretty awful. Think the surgery on my foot should be
healed when outside care-taking time arrives so we'll see what gets started.

Late summer 2011 I planted turnip & beets and have a nice May harvest in 2012.
Had an old plexi dome that I put over the raised bed & sure that helped.

Have plans for all or most of the seeds I got in swap.

Happy New Year all.

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

Robin has landed!!!!!!!!!!

Nyssa, OR(Zone 6a)

Getting closer! I need to start getting my seeds ready. Work and family life has been a little hectic lately. Just applied for an ag extension position to teach master gardeners and ag resources programs...that would be such a dream job for me! I grew flowers and tomatoes for the farmers market last year, but have to see how the job hunt goes to figure out if I have enough time for that this year. Excited to see the robin this year!

Nyssa , GL with the Job offer you can come give me a few lessons on Gardening still allot i want to learn :)))
I have ordered a few New type of seeds & hope I can get them to grow .

Winter thaw this weekend they say & I was going to plant out some of my winter sown seeds but they might just start to grow thinking it is spring ??? so not sure if I Should start them yet .

well got to get my day started ya all have a great day

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Dome...are you also interested in Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet', it is older seed but still germinating just fine..... A. i. 3-31/2ft ht., white flowers e. summer, took about 10 days to germinate (seed is from 2001). Of the 20 some seed more than half have germinated and still germinating so don't know what the final count will be.

And sbish anything else other than the centaureas.....box is coming soon so gotta make sure I'm ready to add a few more goodies.....

Any other requests?

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

WWK - I already have "Ice Ballet" in the germination trays, it looks like a good one for here!
What has germinated this winter for me so far:
Tweedia , Pokeweed (to keep or not to keep?), Aristolochia debilis, Asclepias curassvica, Salvia Kusnesoffii (from Denmark), Salvia Pratensis, Salvia Sclarea, Lobelia siphilitica, Stokesia alba, Gaillardia, Hibiscus coccineus (Texas red mallow), Echium wildpretti, Crotolaria, Crazy daisy, Blue thimble flower, Oenothera.
I'm next . . . yahoo. Glad my weekend is free, I'll have plenty of time to dig through the box.

Kiowa, CO(Zone 5b)

Just went thru my stash....I have seeds for Fruity, Pfg, Lanakila and 1 for Susie I forgot to put in here Christmas package. Could you gals d-mail addresses.....Fruity!!!! lol.... I know I've got it somewhere but not sure where, e-gads!!!

Please I Hope that some of you who have JOINED IN MY ROBIN Won't get up-set But If you have seeds from Any of the GIVE Away SEEDS For New Bee's Please You are welcome to share with other PRIVATE Trades If you want But I Would rather you not share them here .

You May think I'm Being A Prude or what ever But I Have always Shared FRESHED SEEDS From my Gardens OR New Commercial Seeds I Have Boughten & I Would Just Like the same from our players
I have said that if you do not have ALLOT of seeds to share this is fine as long as you take what you can use & Not TAKE From my Robins to trade with Or Share with others for more seeds , That is not fair to other's here in this robin .

I Put allot of time & Money into sharing with the rest of you & I Hope to always run a Honest Robin.
I'm not pointing fingers or saying that anyone has done this . or will do this .
I have asked that you Put your names & any info you might have along with the name of the seeds & If from your garden or comercial or from trade .

going to put this over on the new thread also . if you want to know why I Do not want those seeds in my robin dmail me .

Hi, all.
Guess I know what project I need to work on this weekend! The robin is almost here, so I must be getting my seeds ready :)
Michelle

Sierra Foothills, CA(Zone 8a)

Quote from deejay9 :
Please I Hope that some of you who have JOINED IN MY ROBIN Won't get up-set But If you have seeds from Any of the GIVE Away SEEDS For New Bee's Please You are welcome to share with other PRIVATE Trades If you want But I Would rather you not share them here .

You May think I'm Being A Prude or what ever But I Have always shared FRESH SEEDS From my Gardens OR New Commercial Seeds. I Have Boughten & I Would Just Like the same from our players.
I have said that if you do not have a LOT of seeds to share this is fine as long as you take what you can use & Not TAKE From my Robins to trade with or Share with others for more seeds , That is not fair to other's here in this robin .
I put a lot of time & money into sharing with the rest of you & I hope to always run a Honest Robin.
I'm not pointing fingers or saying that anyone has done this, or will do this.
I have asked that you put your names & any info you might have along with the name of the seeds & If from your garden or comercial or from trade . going to put this over on the new thread also. If you want to know why I do not want those seeds in my robin, dmail me .

Susie ~ I think that everyone here should know the rules by now, but I am sorry if some have not followed in the past. I have a lot of old seeds, but I will not put them in the trading for that very reason. It is not fair for others to pay for fresh seeds or to take the time to harvest and process their seeds to get old seeds in return. It is a matter of following the "golden rule"...(Do onto to others as you would like to be done onto you"), but I suppose there are some people that do not play fair. Yes, I guess that some people need to be excluded if they cannot follow the rules, but how would you know if they send old seed and label them as fresh??

Patiently waiting for the robin. Went through and packaged a few more seeds this evening. All that I am putting in is seed from my yard this year. I see this as the last of my seed trades for a while so I'd love to see all these extra seeds go to good homes. I do have more Canna patens if anyone wants to try some, I wonder if I could preserve these somehow and make jewelry out of them, LOL. unfortunately they kind of shrivel like black pepper pods when they dry out.

brainerd, MN(Zone 4a)

I know they are a common one - but I also know that many had diseased coneflower. Is there any standard purple cone flower in the robin? If not, is anyone interested in me putting some in? Like I said, I know its a common one - and we like variety, which is why I am asking.
Let me know your thoughts.
Steph

Steph I think there was some in there at one time Can't remember
DEE Robin was going out yesterday but when i checked it looks as it is being sent ups ??? & there is no info on it. Maybe KC can come let us know if it got put in the air .

I have started Planting a few seeds as of right now off to get my workout done then off to town & get stocked up like a squirrel we have snow moving in this weekend .

so you all have a great weekend & I will be back later today

Saginaw, MI

IT'S GETTING CLOSER!!! Can't wait till it finally gets here. Am trying to get my seeds started and will see what I have left that I cannot use and can share with others. Being I was close to the end of the list, I sent all my seeds to Susie before the box went out so they could be included for everyone ahead of me. I am on the list for the 2nd time around and will do the same again--(at the end of the line so will send new seeds to Susie so they will be in the box for the beginning of the 2nd flight!)

Just for the heck of it "threw" a couple hyacinth bulbs & a daffodil bulb a jar with some of my sons marbles & a little water & this is what we now have!!! It smells so good and looks lovely when it is so dreary outside!!! Makes me want to get out there and get going!!! These few nice days are quite tempting. But, not yet :( Not here anyway--more of the "S" word supposed to be coming:(

Have a great weekend everyone!
Shirley

Thumbnail by sbish5 Thumbnail by sbish5
Saginaw, MI

Good morning Susie---was it you that wanted gourd seeds???? I have some mixed decorative gourd seeds that we saved from our "decorations" this year & have way too many to use myself. If it was you that wanted them , let me know, I will send you some!.
Shirley

sun city, CA(Zone 9a)

it is supposed to be picked up by carrier today.

well i have been working on my seeds we have lots of winter weather moving in so thought it would be a good time to put a few pots outside I bought this Little stand from amazon for $38. Now i see its price is up to $47. from the same guy ???? :( But i found another site where i can get a bigger & better one for about $20-30. more . sun is out . & I'm going to go play Just made some of my ONE PAN chilli DISH :)

Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9 Thumbnail by deejay9

Shirley you shared a 100+ with me with the great Chrismas surprise ty anyway :)))

ty KC

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images