26. WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO--LANDED FEB 8---TOOK OFF FEB 12TH
27. MINNESIPPI----MINN--LANDED FEB 16TH---
28. MELLEN1954---IOWA
29. MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
30. DIAMOND9192002 / -IND
31. JLEE160---MI
32. SBISH5-----MI
HOME . DEEJAY9---MAR 13 TH
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GREAT PRIZE TO BE announced LATER :)

RISINGCREEK---KC--CA---------------JAN 21ST-----SORRY
MELLEN1954---IOWA----FEB 1ST--------------------SORRY
PAULA_P------TX-------------FEB 11th? ---------------SORY
CHEERMOM----SUEG--AZ-------FEB 13 TH-----------SORRY
MARTI001 -----KY------------FEB 14TH--------------------SORRY
POISONDARTFROG --ALANA--KY-----FEB 20TH
GARDENQUAIL---MICHELLE ---CA----------FEB 22TH
CRIS316---NJ-----FEB 25 TH
CZIMMERMAN00----CHRISTINE---KY---------FEB 28TH
FOTV/SUSAN---VA--------MAR 1ST
JLEE160--JEN--MI--------------MAR 2ND
FRAUSNOW-----MAR 4TH
PATTI1959-- OR------------MAR 8TH
PFG---PAM---NH---------MAR 11TH
MIDWESTFARMWIFE----MARY---OH ----MAR 12 TH
CHICORY31---KERRIE--NC ------MAR 13
BIGTROT--- DONNA ---MD------MAR 14TH
DOMEHOMEDEE------MAR 18TH
. MINNESIPPI---STEPHINE---MINN--------MAR 21ST
GARDENSEEDER63 / SUSAN----NH-----------MAR 22ND
ALIKAT32 /ALI--NH-----------------------MAR 23RD
LANAKILA---NC------MAR 25 TH
BLUESPIRAL-----MD-------APR 1ST
WWKATHY/KATHY-----CO-------APR 8TH

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013 6:07 PM

This message was edited Feb 6, 2013 1:46 PM

This message was edited Feb 16, 2013 12:06 PM

Thumbnail by deejay9
Click the image for an enlarged view.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9376997

OK HERE IS THE NEW 2ND TIME AROUND SIGN UP !!!!!!! ONLY !!!!!!!
PLEASE CHAT IS HERE ONLY TAKEN UP TO 15 PLAYERS FOR 2 ND TIME .

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292968/

Thumbnail by deejay9

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 6, 2013
7:11 AM

Post #9377020

The new link is here Susie--thanks!! Also, the link for the new robin works also--and guess who has signed up(that would be me--BUT I wasn't the first-lol--which means others are already "gearing" up for the 2nd time around (even though some of us haven't made it through the first round yet!!!!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to have fun while finding/getting new garden beauties to try!!!

Have a great day everyone!

Shirley
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2013
7:19 AM

Post #9377024

it was ME! :D Susie & I cross threaded here so I got a quicker heads up :) I "ran" over there and signed up.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9377080

Coffee Break Been cleaning Walls Not sure why but only it might be to warm in here but my walls are sweating & causing some Mildew on the walls Got a feeling maybe this was making me so sick so I Just finished washing walls its just around the back side of my bed so now i have to move my bed & Dry out the wall . Found it when I Moved my bed out to Vaccume OH MY . so waiting for them to dry out :)

I Have set the sign up for 15 players this time Only so that everyone will have time to get their seeds Planted this spring.
I will start Most of my seeds In March I Have been reading on some of them & their Germination rate . I don't want laggy seedling

well now to get back to cleaning will up-date the sign up forum later today
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 6, 2013
9:03 AM

Post #9377111

Gee Susie--sounds like you and me have the same things in mind--cleaning!! Only mine is washing quilts!! Long & slow process -- can only do 1(if large heavy ones) and maybe 2 at a time if not so heavy!! In between loads of laundry , weeding out old clothes/shoes, looking for employment opportunities, and of course messing with seeds/plants/catalogs in there also!!

Are you still looking for different gourd seeds(Susie)?? I have some mixed decorative gourd seeds that you are more than welcome to if so. If you do want them, do you want me to send them to you now or just wait till the robin box comes and put them in there for you?? Either way will be fine with me, just let me know!

Well, back to basement for laundry change!! Ttyl. Shirley

poisondartfrog

poisondartfrog
Barbourville, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2013
1:17 PM

Post #9377367

No cleaning going on here, but I have been doing a little wintersowing and dreaming of spring. I usually take 2 weeks off in mid April to plant out what I have started in the greenhouse. This is about midway through in one small area. I spend one day carrying the flats out of the green house and putting them in the general area I am going to use them and the rest of the time actually planting.
As I get older and less nimble, I vow to cut down every year, but somehow I never seem to do it. This year I really am going to do that; really I am.

Thumbnail by poisondartfrog

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 6, 2013
3:19 PM

Post #9377470

Your picture makes me long for Spring, it's raining here today.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2013
3:34 PM

Post #9377482

Very Nice alana are those all from last Spring Right ??? Or is your GH Heated ??? well My Place is all rearranged Now it will take a few months to fine where i put things I Also Put up My Little Mini GH
Its Getting Dark out so Doesn't Show the greatest but here is where i will plant the seeds that can be winner sown:) will start tomorrow on that I Hope . To tired tonight & I Quit .
So will go get caught up on the new robin back tomorrow . GN all

Thumbnail by deejay9

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 6, 2013
4:14 PM

Post #9377545

Steph Thank you for the list for me & Let amanda Know about the swap so she can go sign in Only going to take the 1st 15 Players that Sign up . & They have to POST So I Can Keep track .

Its been a long busy day & I'm ready to lay Back & Watch some TV. you all have a great eve.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 6, 2013
4:41 PM

Post #9377569

I let her know. But will let her know she needs to chime in as well. :)
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 7, 2013
3:10 PM

Post #9378436

Hi, all.
Thanks for the new thread, Susie :)
Now, if I just had the energy to do some planting! Have some sun out there today :)
Spring weather... What a nice thought :) Definitely looking forward to it!
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 7, 2013
4:27 PM

Post #9378533

I Thought CA was alway warm & Sunny Year round :) hehe Off to play cards back in the Morning
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 7, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9378551

:) I wish... Been getting down into the 30's at night here lately! What's up with that? :)
Michelle
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2013
5:20 PM

Post #9378597

Hey! Its UP to the 30's this week here :) Thats above average!!

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 7, 2013
6:05 PM

Post #9378628

We're all a bunch of weather wimps here. We get a little rain and we all talk about how depressing it is outside, and if it gets below 60 and we all whine about being cold. I moved to Albuquerque for a year, I ended up coming back. All the east coast transplants thought the weather was so good there, I was either cold or hot the whole year.
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 7, 2013
7:49 PM

Post #9378715

I've been in Santa Fe when it snowed, Brrrrrrr...

CheerMom

CheerMom
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

January 8, 2013
3:51 AM

Post #9378847

Robin flew to California yesterday, DC# has been d-mailed to Susie.

It is a tremendous robin -- best one I've seen yet!

Sue G

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9378923

Thats What we like to hear Sueg :)))

Got the Conf# Looks as it might be about weds . well off to check the other forums Have a few things i need to get done today so may not get back till later today .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 8, 2013
8:14 AM

Post #9379012

getting closer :)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 8, 2013
10:57 AM

Post #9379156

sbish..do you want me to include any talls that I have? LOL! The deer have never bothered the C.s nor the veronicas, how 'bout valariana, fragrant, 48", spring; Daucus carota, 6-7ft, b., fragrant; Eupatorium joicus 48" last summer but will get taller I'm thinking maybe 60", fragrant; Salvia azurea Nikan, 48", blue, late summer...just a few off the top of my head.

Susie...I start them in and they are clump forming. When my babies are ready to transplant, I let them dry and pop them out of their pot, the wetter they are the harder this chore is. Gently tease them apart and pot up into the next size pot, sometimes 36,48, 72. 96 trays or 21/2" pots. It just depends on my room available or size of the plant, ie. how fast does it grow... I have always had good luck with doing it this way... Hey it looks like you got lots of room on that stand to start some goodies, yeah!!! And remember...I have an area outside that gets covered (in plastic) so I can move out the plants that are the hardiest, and when needed I use frost covers over them to keep them snug and warm. Those that go out early are Dianthus, Columbine, Daisies, Rudbeckias, etc., and only those things that I think are big enough to go out. Gives me more room inside to work on other things...lol. No annuals go out til April, I still have cold weather in April but is getting closer to planting time and the overnight temps are usually warmer, but we still get snow but not any below zeros by that time of year, my last frost date is usually 5/12. Does that give you a little more courage to try a few things in...lol.

Fruity...LOL, yup I'll have plenty to plant, and a whole backyard to fill, but guess what...lol, I'll have plenty to share too!!! Got your eye on anything in particular? lol. But you would be suprised as to how many plants I put into the main border already...hundreds and hundreds!!!!! That border is about 4000 sqr feet. One thing I know I will have extras of is Digitalis, not sure which yet but I have started 9 different varieties so far, nope correct that to 10 varieties of foxglove. And many of the annuals (not started yet) will fill in til the perenns bloom next season..

I start things early just to get bigger plants by planting time, mid May..and flowers are better than weeds any day in my book..lol.
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 8, 2013
3:03 PM

Post #9379366

I couldn't agree withyoumore... But my scale of things is quite different, lol.
Cris316
Port Norris, NJ
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
5:36 PM

Post #9379535

Just dropped by to check on the progress and catch up to see what I missed.

I'll be starting my planting within the next few weeks. DH wants me to cut back
this year as last year was pretty awful. Think the surgery on my foot should be
healed when outside care-taking time arrives so we'll see what gets started.

Late summer 2011 I planted turnip & beets and have a nice May harvest in 2012.
Had an old plexi dome that I put over the raised bed & sure that helped.

Have plans for all or most of the seeds I got in swap.

Happy New Year all.
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 9, 2013
1:39 PM

Post #9380264

Robin has landed!!!!!!!!!!
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013
6:20 AM

Post #9380792

Getting closer! I need to start getting my seeds ready. Work and family life has been a little hectic lately. Just applied for an ag extension position to teach master gardeners and ag resources programs...that would be such a dream job for me! I grew flowers and tomatoes for the farmers market last year, but have to see how the job hunt goes to figure out if I have enough time for that this year. Excited to see the robin this year!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
6:35 AM

Post #9380803

Nyssa , GL with the Job offer you can come give me a few lessons on Gardening still allot i want to learn :)))
I have ordered a few New type of seeds & hope I can get them to grow .

Winter thaw this weekend they say & I was going to plant out some of my winter sown seeds but they might just start to grow thinking it is spring ??? so not sure if I Should start them yet .

well got to get my day started ya all have a great day

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 10, 2013
11:31 AM

Post #9381070

Dome...are you also interested in Asclepias incarnata 'Ice Ballet', it is older seed but still germinating just fine... A. i. 3-31/2ft ht., white flowers e. summer, took about 10 days to germinate (seed is from 2001). Of the 20 some seed more than half have germinated and still germinating so don't know what the final count will be.

And sbish anything else other than the centaureas...box is coming soon so gotta make sure I'm ready to add a few more goodies...

Any other requests?

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 10, 2013
11:56 AM

Post #9381089

WWK - I already have "Ice Ballet" in the germination trays, it looks like a good one for here!
What has germinated this winter for me so far:
Tweedia , Pokeweed (to keep or not to keep?), Aristolochia debilis, Asclepias curassvica, Salvia Kusnesoffii (from Denmark), Salvia Pratensis, Salvia Sclarea, Lobelia siphilitica, Stokesia alba, Gaillardia, Hibiscus coccineus (Texas red mallow), Echium wildpretti, Crotolaria, Crazy daisy, Blue thimble flower, Oenothera.
I'm next . . . yahoo. Glad my weekend is free, I'll have plenty of time to dig through the box.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 10, 2013
12:03 PM

Post #9381098

Just went thru my stash...I have seeds for Fruity, Pfg, Lanakila and 1 for Susie I forgot to put in here Christmas package. Could you gals d-mail addresses...Fruity!!!! lol... I know I've got it somewhere but not sure where, e-gads!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
6:34 PM

Post #9381535

Please I Hope that some of you who have JOINED IN MY ROBIN Won't get up-set But If you have seeds from Any of the GIVE Away SEEDS For New Bee's Please You are welcome to share with other PRIVATE Trades If you want But I Would rather you not share them here .

You May think I'm Being A Prude or what ever But I Have always Shared FRESHED SEEDS From my Gardens OR New Commercial Seeds I Have Boughten & I Would Just Like the same from our players
I have said that if you do not have ALLOT of seeds to share this is fine as long as you take what you can use & Not TAKE From my Robins to trade with Or Share with others for more seeds , That is not fair to other's here in this robin .

I Put allot of time & Money into sharing with the rest of you & I Hope to always run a Honest Robin.
I'm not pointing fingers or saying that anyone has done this . or will do this .
I have asked that you Put your names & any info you might have along with the name of the seeds & If from your garden or comercial or from trade .

going to put this over on the new thread also . if you want to know why I Do not want those seeds in my robin dmail me .
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 11, 2013
2:15 AM

Post #9381711

Hi, all.
Guess I know what project I need to work on this weekend! The robin is almost here, so I must be getting my seeds ready :)
Michelle
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

January 11, 2013
11:13 AM

Post #9382082

deejay9 wrote:Please I Hope that some of you who have JOINED IN MY ROBIN Won't get up-set But If you have seeds from Any of the GIVE Away SEEDS For New Bee's Please You are welcome to share with other PRIVATE Trades If you want But I Would rather you not share them here .

You May think I'm Being A Prude or what ever But I Have always shared FRESH SEEDS From my Gardens OR New Commercial Seeds. I Have Boughten & I Would Just Like the same from our players.
I have said that if you do not have a LOT of seeds to share this is fine as long as you take what you can use & Not TAKE From my Robins to trade with or Share with others for more seeds , That is not fair to other's here in this robin .
I put a lot of time & money into sharing with the rest of you & I hope to always run a Honest Robin.
I'm not pointing fingers or saying that anyone has done this, or will do this.
I have asked that you put your names & any info you might have along with the name of the seeds & If from your garden or comercial or from trade . going to put this over on the new thread also. If you want to know why I do not want those seeds in my robin, dmail me .

Susie ~ I think that everyone here should know the rules by now, but I am sorry if some have not followed in the past. I have a lot of old seeds, but I will not put them in the trading for that very reason. It is not fair for others to pay for fresh seeds or to take the time to harvest and process their seeds to get old seeds in return. It is a matter of following the "golden rule"...(Do onto to others as you would like to be done onto you"), but I suppose there are some people that do not play fair. Yes, I guess that some people need to be excluded if they cannot follow the rules, but how would you know if they send old seed and label them as fresh??

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 11, 2013
6:23 PM

Post #9382381

Patiently waiting for the robin. Went through and packaged a few more seeds this evening. All that I am putting in is seed from my yard this year. I see this as the last of my seed trades for a while so I'd love to see all these extra seeds go to good homes. I do have more Canna patens if anyone wants to try some, I wonder if I could preserve these somehow and make jewelry out of them, LOL. unfortunately they kind of shrivel like black pepper pods when they dry out.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 11, 2013
6:29 PM

Post #9382385

I know they are a common one - but I also know that many had diseased coneflower. Is there any standard purple cone flower in the robin? If not, is anyone interested in me putting some in? Like I said, I know its a common one - and we like variety, which is why I am asking.
Let me know your thoughts.
Steph

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
4:40 AM

Post #9382540

Steph I think there was some in there at one time Can't remember
DEE Robin was going out yesterday but when i checked it looks as it is being sent ups ??? & there is no info on it. Maybe KC can come let us know if it got put in the air .

I have started Planting a few seeds as of right now off to get my workout done then off to town & get stocked up like a squirrel we have snow moving in this weekend .

so you all have a great weekend & I will be back later today
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 12, 2013
5:35 AM

Post #9382558

IT'S GETTING CLOSER!!! Can't wait till it finally gets here. Am trying to get my seeds started and will see what I have left that I cannot use and can share with others. Being I was close to the end of the list, I sent all my seeds to Susie before the box went out so they could be included for everyone ahead of me. I am on the list for the 2nd time around and will do the same again--(at the end of the line so will send new seeds to Susie so they will be in the box for the beginning of the 2nd flight!)

Just for the heck of it "threw" a couple hyacinth bulbs & a daffodil bulb a jar with some of my sons marbles & a little water & this is what we now have!!! It smells so good and looks lovely when it is so dreary outside!!! Makes me want to get out there and get going!!! These few nice days are quite tempting. But, not yet :( Not here anyway--more of the "S" word supposed to be coming:(

Have a great weekend everyone!
Shirley

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 12, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9382560

Good morning Susie---was it you that wanted gourd seeds???? I have some mixed decorative gourd seeds that we saved from our "decorations" this year & have way too many to use myself. If it was you that wanted them , let me know, I will send you some!.
Shirley
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 12, 2013
9:38 AM

Post #9382759

it is supposed to be picked up by carrier today.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9382760

well i have been working on my seeds we have lots of winter weather moving in so thought it would be a good time to put a few pots outside I bought this Little stand from amazon for $38. Now i see its price is up to $47. from the same guy ???? :( But i found another site where i can get a bigger & better one for about $20-30. more . sun is out . & I'm going to go play Just made some of my ONE PAN chilli DISH :)

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9      

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9382763

Shirley you shared a 100+ with me with the great Chrismas surprise ty anyway :)))

ty KC

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 12, 2013
7:50 PM

Post #9383214

Sorry, if I'm the culprit susie...But just to let ya know any seed I put in the robin is fresh, any older seed I will only offer as a seperate and individale trade. Some plants that I only have older seed for I am growing this winter so we can have fresh for next winter or the following season...And if I get request for any that might be old and I send them a date as to when collected will be noted...Is that ok susie?

As of todays count, 95 pots started and 52 sprouted already, shucks, I might have to put some in the fridge...lol.

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 13, 2013
4:06 AM

Post #9383373

Hey Susie--the containers on your stand look alot like mine!!!! And I thought I was the only "silly" one using cut off milk jugs & juice bottles to start seeds and plant things in!!!! What all do you have started in there??? And is that stand indoors or outside??? I am trying to get some of my things going too but mainly in the basement. Chili looks yummy & sounds good right about now!!

And WOW wwk--What all do you have started???? Looks like you have several different stages of things going there!! So far I have put in some daylily seeds--some columbine seeds--have canna seeds soaking. Also bought SEVERAL pkgs. of tulips & daffodils that had % of the profit going to the Susan G. Komen cancer fund & made up pkgs. of bulbs for all my family for Christmas to plant a "mini" garden in honor of our sister who has cancer & our father who passed away due to cancer. Have potted up several pots of mixed tulips/daffodils/&hyacinth bulbs to take over to my mom & sister when they start coming up.

I have several other things I want to get going but ran out of supplies!!! This teaser of nice weather makes me want to get out doors and go crazy--but I know I can't yet!!! But hopefully soon!!!!

Have a great day everyone.
Shirley

This message was edited Jan 13, 2013 8:07 AM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2013
8:16 AM

Post #9383551

GM All Kathy Guess maybe I Need to send all my seeds to you Let you do the work & I will bring my trailer out to haul them back :) HEHE .

As for what i have planted is just Columbines , that Alana shared & When the robin gets home i will have much more to plant :) Butterfly weed , couple other cannot remember what they were & Then I planted some rockcress under lights , want to do a few of the Delphiniums Mittsy shared with us .
well furnace went out on me so off to get it fixed .

Shirley nice chat found the site will dmail you the link .
have a great day ev1
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 13, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9383590

Susie, could I have the link too? I also have the stand you have, but keep running out of room, especially once the tomatoes get going and I have to take some of the shelves out. I'd love a bigger one.

Thumbnail by Pfg

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2013
5:55 AM

Post #9384319

Well I just checked the Conf# But there is no info on it so Not sure if it will land today @ DEES Or Not we will just have to wait till she Post .

Martii : Sorry to hear about your sister passing I Didn't Know she was ILL , Was she older then you ?
Your probable busy with arrangement . but know our thoughts will be with you .

well I have to get off here will be back later today .
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 14, 2013
6:12 AM

Post #9384348

Good morning all, VERY cold and icy here this morning. YUCK!!! Had a very nice chat with Susie yesterday -- recvd. some great advice on what and what not to do(really hoping my canna "dry" out and don't turn to mush---due to newly found leaky roof in garage:( THANKS. Need to get some more supplies to get more seeds going! Checked out the link really quickly that you gave me Susie but didn't have time to REALLY look at it! Hoping to have time today.

Also, trying to check out different options of purchasing Gladiola bulbs(not too expensively).Guess mine are too old or something. Dad would buy them for mom & grandma every Saturday from the local farmers market when I was a kid and I wanted to grow them for her but they don't seem to want to flower any more so looking into getting different ones on a budget!!!!

Stay warm all my cold weather friends & all you warm weather friends send some our way PLEASE!!!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2013
6:38 AM

Post #9384422

BULBS DIRECT Has some sales going on
http://www.bulbsdirect.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=27&searchx=Y&search_op=AND&keyword=garden bulbs direct&gclid=COGIgLKJ6LQCFY1DMgodhhYAsg

if you need containers come on down with a truck :) have a great day

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2013
11:26 AM

Post #9384748

Shirley...Do I have you beat this morning...was -5* or so, now almost noon and is 9*...lol. They can keep this stuff in Canada where it belongs!!!! Hey come on over to seed germination and chime in... That's where I've been listing all my goodies as they sprout...so far of the 95 pots seeded, 62 have germinated. Hey PAM...can you put the link here...sorry I don't know how..(that way I won't have to type all of them twice...I'm just a hunt and peck typer..lol)

susie, won't have enough room for mine if I keep going. I didn't set up my 2nd stand, think I used some of the wood for something else a few years back...So will have to buy more wood and build if I do...
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

January 14, 2013
11:46 AM

Post #9384766

Here's the link to our germination thread for anyone who's interested:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1290630

Marti, i'm so sorry about your sister. I think you didn't expect to lose her so soon? It sounds like you already have a good idea about how to go forward, I wish you the best of luck.

Pam
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

January 14, 2013
2:09 PM

Post #9384923

So sorry for your loss Marti
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 14, 2013
4:22 PM

Post #9385077

Marti, gosh I'm so sorry hon and didn't realize she was that sick. It seems like you just got settled again. You're not alone, every one of us is here for you. Keep us posted on your job prospects and how you're doing as you feel like it and have time. (((HUGS)))

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 14, 2013
4:24 PM

Post #9385081

Condolences Marti, sisters are such a blessing, it's a difficult loss.
No robin in today's mail.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 14, 2013
4:51 PM

Post #9385114

Yep-wwk-got me beat on the cold--was really cold but not quite THAT cold-- and sorry but you can keep it!!! And thanks for the invite, I will check out the germination thread a little later this evening or tomorrow when I get a "spare" minute! Off to my mothers house-wants me to pick up our youngest sons graduation gift(& best part is , he is only in 8th grade this year!)--but she is getting things done now and doesn't have room to keep it--another one of Grandmas' homemade quilts will be in the house!!!!

Anyway, try and stay warm WWK -- we also are supposed to be getting down to the single digits -- My (almost) 50 year old bones don't like it anymore!!!!! I can't wait for the warm weather to get here!!!

risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 14, 2013
6:54 PM

Post #9385242

I dont know what is up with my post office, i watched the mailman pick the package up sat and according to the tracking they just processed it today. sorry
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 15, 2013
1:24 AM

Post #9385509

Hi, all.
Isn't it fun watching seeds grow? I always find it exciting when seeds germinate or bulbs sprout! :)
Marti, I don't know if you're following the thread now, but I have you listed to receive some seeds from me. I saw that you won't be getting the robin a second time because you're not sure how much gardening you'll be able to do after all. Are you still interested in receiving the seeds anyway? If you are, I'd be happy to mail them to you. Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.
I'll be enlisting my husband's help with getting the labels and instructions for my seeds done this week. Hoping I'll have them all ready when the robin arrives!
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9385615

Gm all I Thought martii was still on this thread & It would be better to chat here with her rather then on the New robin .
It is so cold I Cannot get my Door open it is a slider & its Frozen shut so i have to get my hair blow on it so i can go start the car I Have to go for my Blood draw today & Then Lunch with a friend .
& shop a bit :) so ya all hold down the thread till I Get back :)

yep conF says the 17th Boy 3 day mail in CA ??? What gives that state ? Heehee well I have got to get off here back later today .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 15, 2013
7:14 AM

Post #9385714

Susie - didnt your door freeze shut a few times last year too?
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
9:04 AM

Post #9385847

the mail is very frustrating here. i called the post office to ask and evidently since the package was picked up after 2pm on saturday nothing much is done with it till monday. we are in a rural area but i mailed another package the same day, also to a city in calif. and it arrived monday. i dont know what to say. nothing they tell me makes sense
kc

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
10:07 AM

Post #9385919

It has to get here today, you're what, like 300 miles max from me.
I have the same problem here. I have to take it to the "main" post office if I want to leave the area within 24 hours.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2013
12:03 PM

Post #9386070

Are you all in a BOONDOCK Area HEHE ??? anyway guess we just except what we cannot change :))

Yes steph My door froze on me last winter also :) I Bought some Silicone Lubricant to have on hand this winter & I forgot where i put it . & found that my brother barrowed it got it back so hope it works Now that we are getting colder weather i will need it .

well i have to go back into town take Peanut in for her manicure :) ya all have a great day .

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
12:56 PM

Post #9386132

Bet you never realized there was still boondocks in California, LOL.
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
1:35 PM

Post #9386218

dirt road, well for water, yup i think that makes for boonies!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 15, 2013
2:24 PM

Post #9386304

Same here But I would say our mail carriers are a little more UP -To-Date :))) MOST TIME AWAY :)

well Just got home Peanut is Looking & Smelling Much better & I got my New Glasses order.
so maybe my typo's will improve :) to the best i hope :) .

well off to fix a bite to eat ya all have a great eve.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9386886

DEE Do you Live on a MT ??? Kidding but it is strange it is taken 6days to reach you & your in the same state .going to go though a few more of my seeds today sun is shining but they say snow flurrier later today so will see. have a great day .

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 16, 2013
12:12 PM

Post #9387310

It's here, it's here! I'll do my best to get it back in the air on Friday.
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 16, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9387360

I cannot believe it took 5 days to get there, well, 4 sunday doesnt count i guess. i am so sorry for our inefficient post office.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 16, 2013
8:07 PM

Post #9387762

I'm going out of town tomorrow so I'm going to get through this tonight and send it back out tomorrow.
I will send the next stop a tracking number if I have wifi at the hotel, if not I'll be home Friday night.
Wow, what a lot of seeds! So much to look up, too. I thought I new them all, LOL.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
8:21 PM

Post #9387771

Just send the conf # to me & I can send it to paula :) Have a safe trip .
Has anyone ever grown this plant

http://sustainablegarden.blogspot.com/2011/11/when-i-finished-work-judith-and-roger.html

Looking for seeds if you have it . well its late Bingo got out later tonight Its snowy Not to bad yet
but i'm am COLD to The BONES so off to cover up .

Oh wanted to ask I Have to run a de-Humidifier & always have a gal of water every morning & every eve would it be good to use that water for my plants ??? back in the morning GN all

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 16, 2013
9:01 PM

Post #9387796

Susie,
I'll send you the number.
I use a de-humidifier and the water is excellent for plants. What it is, is "distilled" water. Of course it's a bit dirty from being sucked out of the air so it's not exactly like bottled distilled water, but I use it on my african violets because my well water has a lot of minerals in it.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 17, 2013
12:45 AM

Post #9387840

Hi, all.
I'm next after Domehomedee... waving hand excitedly ... The robin has already gone to Paula :)
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9387982

GARDENQUAIL yes it will be in the mail today so you should have it by maybe saturday Monday the lastest we hope . & then you will be sending to PATTI1959-- OR Her info is in the robin .

well lots to do today so will try to get back this afternoon .
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 17, 2013
4:19 PM

Post #9388533

Hi, all.
Good to know it's on it's way :) But Monday's a holiday (Martin Luther King's birthday), so if I don't receive the robin by Saturday, I won't get it until Tuesday. But I'll be sure to let you all know when it comes!
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
7:29 PM

Post #9388725

Sounds good Michelle I didn't get a conf# Yet So not sure it got mailed . will let ya Know when I Know :)
got to turn in chat more tomorrow GN all .

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 17, 2013
10:18 PM

Post #9388826

Sent the robin out this morning, that's yesterday for you all on the east side of the continent. With any luck it will light Saturday morning and you will have a few days to pick through the masses of seeds. It was sooo fun!
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 18, 2013
3:24 AM

Post #9388874

Yeah!!!! It's getting closer!!! Did you find lots of goodies in it Dee????(hope you are feeling better). I can't wait till it gets to me to see all the goodies that all of you have already seen!!!! Some of the stores around here are already putting up their seed packet displays--bought a few yesterday to send to Susie to include in the 2nd time around(send to her for the beginning so you all can share what I have seeing I am at the end of the line!).Have a great day everyone!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2013
6:01 AM

Post #9388960

GM all TY Dee For the conf # Hope your Headed for a safe & Fun Weekend enjoy :)))
Shirley : : same here our ace Hardware garden center store has allot in all ready but i have reframed :))
today I Hope that I can get done what I put off doing yesterday :( ever get side tracked ???

well i have mail to check so then i can get off here got to get my 30 mins in :)
Have a great day all .
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 18, 2013
7:32 AM

Post #9389053

Susie you say SIDETRACKED????? Sometimes I think that is my name!!! I am one of those people that has a million & one things "started" but then get "sidetracked" as you call it and start in on something else!!!! So , sometimes, something that should have taken an hour to do becomes a lot longer to get done because of stopping and starting in on something else!!! Like right now, I am in the doing laundry and in between that I have the dining room table full of pots,dirt, & seeds, left for 1/2 hour to go pick son up from work, just put chicken in the slow cooker, getting package of seeds ready to send out to my niece in Key West(elementary school teacher--kids are going to plant some seeds--she already had them plant the tulips I sent her!) --anyway, you get the drift!!!! 10 things going on at once instead of starting and "finishing" ONE thing!!!!

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 19, 2013
1:05 AM

Post #9389846

I'll be watching for the robin :)
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9389965

Gm Nice sunny Morning so i'm going to enjoy the day for it will be the last nice day for a few they say snow Possible icy roads tomorrow . So will be a good time to plant more seeds ,

I Have a few sprouts I tried some Shrimp plant seeds & Mimosa silk tree Inside under lights & i have sprouts :))
Well conf says Expected Delivery By:January 19, 2013

Hope you have a big open Table & Ready I Hear you might need it :)))
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 19, 2013
3:42 PM

Post #9390450

Hi, all.
The robin has landed!!!
It's in one of those large priority flat-rate boxes, and she has bags and bags of seeds! Wow! We'll try to get through everything by Tuesday, but my husband has several other things he needs to do this weekend, too, so I might need a bit more time. And I'll have to figure out how I'm getting her back to the post office :) I can put the medium boxes in my backpack, but the large ones are too big, so might need to get a ride. But I'll get her back in the air as soon as I can. And I'll let you know when she's flying again!
It's just amazing how many seeds are in there! But fear not, there's room for more, too!
Oh, and my guide dog offered to help look in the box, but I told him not to, so he sat down to watch to see what might be in there. Then he decided to go back to sleeping in the sun LOL
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2013
4:36 PM

Post #9390501

it usually takes about 2-3 hr to really go through :))) so you have plenty of time :)) glad it landed safely .
Now I'm off to get my dishes done & Off to bed early tonight .

GN all & Have a great evening

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 19, 2013
8:03 PM

Post #9390790

So glad the Post Office didn't take another week to deliver it to you. I guess we'll never know what happened there, it probably sat in the back of some truck over the weekend.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 20, 2013
10:15 AM

Post #9391255

I'm curious...does everyone use hand prunners? (ie. deadheading and the like)
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2013
10:47 AM

Post #9391292

Most of the time I use them. sometimes do by hand.
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2013
12:27 PM

Post #9391400

this is embarassing-I was supposed to send yellow hard head seeds on to someone in the robin. just noticed they are still sitting here. whoever it was, please let me know so i can get them in the mail to you asap. so sorry.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 20, 2013
12:31 PM

Post #9391403

I do not want to hijack this thread - I am only asking for prayers please.
My father in law is in the hospital - essentially in critical condition. He has ITP and his platelet count is only 3000 - unfortunately as of this morning, it is dropping. Normal counts should be 200,000+. If he bumps something, he will immediately bruise and has the potential to bleed out internally. He is not allowed to move from his hospital bed and has to have assistance with everything. He was admitted on Thursday. It is very rare that someone have ITP, even more rare to get it more than once..this is his 3rd time in 15 years.
Please say a prayer for Mike (my FIL), Marlene (my MIL), my DH Matt, his brother Michael and sister Melissa. They need strength and an enormous amount of faith during this time. As of this morning, Mike's white blood count is now elevated, it appears as though he may have an infection as well.
Again - I dont want to hijack - just asking for a prayer. Thank you

Stephanie
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 20, 2013
12:46 PM

Post #9391435

jprayers and god thoughts on the way to you, and have asked my daughters prayer group also do the same
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 20, 2013

Post #9391668

Thank you very much!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 20, 2013
7:14 PM

Post #9391808

Just got back home late this afternoon after a wonderful four days visiting with friends to learn your sad news, Steph. I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family, hoping and praying for the best outcome.

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 21, 2013
5:12 AM

Post #9392073

Minniesippi--Abundant prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family members to help through these trying times. It will not be an easy road , but through family & friends and prayers hopefully the pain will ease a little. Hope all works out for the best , even though sometimes it is hard to understand just exactly "what" is the best.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 21, 2013
6:48 AM

Post #9392166

GM Nice sunny & snowy morning :) 1st real snow of the winter Looks more like winter out there :)
Guess its going to be a lazy day with my paint brush :) would love to plant more seeds but just don't want to loose any so not going to plant inside yet way to early.

Susan good to have ya back . well off to play have a great day
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 22, 2013
12:39 AM

Post #9393268

Hi, all.
Sorry to say, but our weekend was busier than I expected, so my husband hasn't had a chance to help me go through the robin :( Hoping to go through it Tuesday evening, but may not be able to get it mailed out again til Thursday or Friday :( I'm really sorry... I know those following me are eagerly awaiting its arrival! I'll keep you all updated!
Minnessippi, I'll be keeping you all in my prayers.
Michelle
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 22, 2013
10:52 AM

Post #9393730

Thank you everyone.
Quick update on Papa. His platelet count was 3000 on Sunday, dropped to 2000 yesterday but is up to 4000 as of this morning. Now - if we could just multiply that by 10 - he could be upgraded from serious condition. Still in the woods, but at least we are moving in the right direction today.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 22, 2013
12:29 PM

Post #9393810

That's encouraging news, Steph.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9394458

Stephanie, my prayers are with you and your family.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 23, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9394532

Thank you. I am putting updates here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1294557/ so I dont hijack this thread. :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 23, 2013
7:08 AM

Post #9394568

Marti I tried to find your sisters OBIT so I could sign your guess book but didn't know her name Only found one lady that passed that day but didn't know if it was your sister for i didn't find your name , so will just say here sorry for your lost .

Steph will check out your link later in the day It is very cold here & I have to go get another wall furance for this one will not stay lit & Not sure what is going on with it .

so you all have a great day will chat soon .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 23, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9394579

stay warm susie!! It is above zero today for the first time in 4 days!! Bottom will be falling out through out the day though. Back to -something° by dinner time.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
1:49 PM

Post #9395055

Sorry, Sissy did not believe in OBITs or funerals. We carried out her wishes which was to be cremated. Than in the spring her daughters, friends and I will take the ashes of her dog and hers and spread them in the mts. per her wishes.

Right now we are just trying to get the cremation pd for and the funeral home is accepting payments from us til we pay it off. Her bank has decided to be reasonable and they are closing her accounts, without us having to pay an attoney and go to probate court. She has about $70. between savings and checking. The bank says they will make the check out to the funeral home and send it to them as a payment towards the cremation costs. I am going back down to Greensburg in western Ky for the weekend and her friend there is giving me $50. to pay towards the cremation. I'll drop that money off at the funeral home on my way home on Tuesday. I will be off line till than. I leave about noon tomorrow.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 24, 2013
7:55 AM

Post #9395860

Well who called in "MR. FREEZE" for our area????? It sure wasn't me!! How's our "robin" doing out there?? Staying nice and warm to be ready for it's next flight I hope!! Only a few more stops and a month or so and maybe it will land here!!!! Can't wait!!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9395864

Mr. Freeze has been here long enough...I am more than willing to let him move on his way. -9° over night and this morning. High of about 2° today - which is better than the last few days. Yesterday we made it to 1°!! Above zero for the first time in 4 days!! I did hear 32° for a Saturday temp...could almost open up the windows and air out the house in that heat...LOL!!
I am excited for Ms Robin...She's getting closer!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2013
12:21 PM

Post #9396249

Got a Message from Michelle she said she & Hubby are going to go through it tonight & Hope to get it back in the air By Tomorrow (FRIDAY )

So I Need to Know if Patti & Tressa is still with us haven't seen no post in awhile if your going to be away
or not watching I will have the Robin be sent to WWKathy so Please let me know by this evening Please .
Just got home from the ER My Coumadine or PT lever was 3.9 & I was Bleeding where I'm Not suppose
to any more AT My age :) So had to go for my VITA_ K Drip the nurse franiced when the needle blew out of my vein as she was trying to put the IV in so its been quit a morning also had to get a new furnace :(
Now I've got to sit back read book & get my mine off DOC's & Nurses for the day . back later if I can.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 24, 2013
3:39 PM

Post #9396462

Hi, all.
Yes, the robin is nice and warm :) But she's eager to fly again! My husband promised we could go through it tonight, so she should be back in the mail tomorrow (Friday). I'll check back this evening before we address the box to see who I should mail it to next.
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2013
3:48 PM

Post #9396471

I've not heard from patti or Tressa but i hope to by morning so michelle please contact me tomorrow before you get ready to mail if you will please . I have to lay back again so will check back in the morning .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 24, 2013
4:36 PM

Post #9396531

I'm here waving my hand...lol...I'm ready!!!!!
Patti1957
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 24, 2013
4:46 PM

Post #9396536

I am here and have been keeping up just not posting.
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
5:07 PM

Post #9396548

I've been watching and waiting, excited to see the box. I have to start thawing out my soil so i can winter sow. We have been in the negatives for weeks now, will be excited to see the inversion blow away soon. Thinking about spring and seeds sure helps!- Tessa
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2013
12:22 AM

Post #9396876

Hi, all.
All right. Looks like I'm following the original plan... Sending the box to Patti1957 on Friday. I'll dmail the conf# to Susie in the evening after my husband gets home and can tell me what the number is.
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 25, 2013
4:57 AM

Post #9396927

Thank you ladies then Michelle can send to patti & we can Keep on track . ty for posting .

This message was edited Jan 25, 2013 8:31 AM
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 25, 2013
3:48 PM

Post #9397540

Hi, all.
The robin's flying to Oregon! Patti, watch your mail :) I'll send Susie the conf number after my husband reads it to me this evening (it's just around 3:15 pm here now). The robin got to the post office early this afternoon.
Oh, and to correct something I said when the robin first arrived... I thought the box was a flat rate priority mail box, but I found out last night that it's going by weight, not flat rate. It's less expensive that way ($11.95 instead of $16 something) :)
Fruity, Lanakila, and Marti, I have seeds that I'll be sending to you, too. But I'll need to mail them early next week. Was hoping to get them out today when I sent the robin, but it was too late last night to get the envelopes ready after we finished going through the robin. I'll let you know when the seeds are on their way.
Michelle
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2013
4:37 PM

Post #9397596

Hi everyone!

Thanks, Michelle. I hope you found some interesting seeds to try. No hurry to mail the ones you reserved for me, just when you get around to it.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2013
12:47 AM

Post #9397856

Hi, Fruity and all.
I did find some interesting seeds. I chose a few, plus the ones that people set aside for me. Thanks so much to all who set seeds aside for me! Unfortunately, due to my limited growing space, I had to pass on some. But it was amazing to see all the different seeds! There are so many different shapes and sizes! And there are so many seeds!
And thanks to my husband for going through every bag with me to tell me what all was there! :)
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Michelle

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2013
10:37 AM

Post #9398177

Michelle...great to have a helper huh? Give him an extra hug!!! lol. Hope you found some goodies to try, am excited to see it get here...Ooooh, maybe next weekend-ish... Got a few more goodies to add to the box...

All my new babies are doing great!!! I've been adding a few more pots as I take things out from under the domes. Been out watering the past few days. More today... Bring snow!!!!! (hope someone upstairs is listening)

Pix 1 as of today, out of the domes and propped up close to the lights, right side of pix 3
Pix 2 another tray close to the light
Pix 3 total of 5 trays so far
Pix 4 one of my favorite books for info on most any plant and pix to boot...lol. but it weighs a ton...(15-20 lbs, don't know for sure but it's a biggie)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!! (Hey susie...am working on that plan, one question..If you were to stop in front of that garden is it the 30ft or 40ft side?)...

This message was edited Jan 26, 2013 11:44 AM

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2013
12:10 PM

Post #9398259

painting with Zoey today . & Have to go into town here soon .
Kathy are you using 3"pots to grow in or are they in 72ct cells ?

will check back in later

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 26, 2013
4:20 PM

Post #9398481

Susie..they are in 21/2" pots so far, potting on in the next few weeks. Did you see my question to you above?

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 26, 2013
5:08 PM

Post #9398526

sorry yes & For got to post ans : 40ft long facing drive sorry for being Mia Just not feeling up to par till i can get my PT Leveled out & I've been just been feeling laggy or lazy been painting rocks with zoey,

infact just sent her home she wanted to spend the night but i need some Quiet time she is quit the chatterbox for a 4 yr old . so good night all . Movie Time

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

January 28, 2013
7:31 PM

Post #9400753

So where's the Robin? Oregon? I'm really looking forward to that box coming sooon...lol.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2013
9:28 PM

Post #9400869

So you have a 4 year old grand-daughter too. Mine is called Natalia and is just the sweetest little wild thing you could ever know. She says to me today " I like helpin' in the garden Beema. I like to plant seeds" She sure keeps me smiling. We went to the market and I bought her one of the cloth, kind of like a stuffed animal, valentine rose. She was just grinning ear to ear over that rose. They are such a joy.
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 28, 2013
11:59 PM

Post #9400901

Hi, all.
According to the USPS, the robin made it to Patti's this morning (Monday).
Patti, hope you're having fun checking out all the seeds! :)
Michelle
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 29, 2013
3:03 AM

Post #9400938

Aren't grandchildren such fun!!! I will never forget the absolute look of "proud joy" on my granddaughters' faces when they planted flowers to welcome Mommy and their new little sister home from the hospital!!! It was GREAT!!!!

And, don't ya just love her garden tools--the little one couldn't "master" the "BIG" hand trowel(kept telling me --"Gramma, it's bigger than my hand!"--so we "scaled down" to her size and brought out the tried and true spoons!!!

This message was edited Jan 29, 2013 7:08 AM

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5      

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2013
5:49 AM

Post #9401027

So Cute Shirley Our little zoney just has to take over the conversation :( well its rainy & Foggy here
& I have to go into town so ya all have a great day back later .
Patti1957
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 29, 2013
10:40 AM

Post #9401333

I received the robin yesterday, had grand kids all day. Will go through it today and get it back in the mail tomorrow. I will send Susie the DC#.
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
1:32 PM

Post #9401604

Yippee! Me next. I have my seeds ready to go and can't wait to dig through the box. I've got to go dig the soil out of the garden shed and haul it inside to defrost so I can do my winter sowing, maybe I'll luck out and they'll have some defrosted available in town tomorrow instead. Next year I'll store it in the basement. Already got the lights going in the basement to start tomatoes for the hoop house, so maybe I can sneak some perennials under there too...

minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 29, 2013
2:35 PM

Post #9401661

Ok friends - I need some suggestions please. Susie - if you want me to take this to my own thread, I will by all means.

My friend (since 1979) passed last night from a fierce infection that grabbed her Friday morning. I want to plant a tree at the high school in her memory. She was 4'11" tall, beautiful, stubborn and a ginger. Need a zone 4b tree - please share your ideas.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 29, 2013
5:10 PM

Post #9401890

Mt Ash http://home.howstuffworks.com/mountain-ash-tree.htm

for it is compact / Colorful & great for Birds But then maybe not so well in a school yard With kids .
will think on it & Get back with ya all tomorrow . I also Like my Dogwood .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

January 29, 2013
6:09 PM

Post #9401944

We have decided on a sugar maple because the red they turn in the fall :)
Thank you :)

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2013
5:37 AM

Post #9402300

good choice , well it is a very foggy morning again well always something going on lots to do right here today so off to get it done .guess i will start with laundry :) So you all have a safe fun day .
Back about Lunch .
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2013
11:51 AM

Post #9402673

Michelle,
Thanks for thinking of me. So far this month has not been good for me, with my sister dying on Jan 13 and than my nieces husband Jan 27th. And I'm having my first shoulder surgery tomorrow morning in Lexington. I'll be laid up for a couple of weeks, but hope to be back on the road after that. I have a partime job helping some friends take care of their grandmother. Not much work, just can't be left alone for safety sake. But I'm getting pd $60. a day to keep her company and I need that money to pay the bills my sister paid. I'm hoping to be ready to garden in 12 weeks. AFter my one shoulder heals than we set up and do the other shoulder.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2013
7:15 PM

Post #9403283

Patti and Tessa, the Robin has been a long time coming. Hope you both enjoy it!

Steph, I'm so sorry, hon. A sugar maple sounds beautiful, we have a couple that just glow in Fall. My suggestion would have been a Japanese Maple since they provide color too and are short, like your friend was.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, Marti, and in days and weeks to come.

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 30, 2013
10:53 PM

Post #9403387

Keep your chin up Steph. Know it's hard at a time like this. Planting a tree in her memory is a beautiful way to honor her!!

Hope all goes well for you tomorrow and hope for a speedy recovery also Marti!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 31, 2013
6:58 AM

Post #9403588

wanted to share a New swap
A NEW VALENTINE CARD SWAP :) HURRY CHECK US OUT
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296313/
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2013
7:08 AM

Post #9403598

Hey all! Lost the thread for a while. Saving my spot
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 31, 2013
3:53 PM

Post #9404097

Well, the Dr gave me bad news. He says I will actualy be laid up for 16 -18 weeks
thru the end of June. No gardening this yr. DARN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Patti1957
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

January 31, 2013

Post #9404145

FruitOfTheVine wrote:Patti and Tessa, the Robin has been a long time coming. Hope you both enjoy it!

Steph, I'm so sorry, hon. A sugar maple sounds beautiful, we have a couple that just glow in Fall. My suggestion would have been a Japanese Maple since they provide color too and are short, like your friend was.

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, Marti, and in days and weeks to come.

I really enjoyed it, lots of great seeds! Tracking says it should reach Tessa tomorrow.

Marti, sorry to hear you will be down for so long. Hang in there.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 31, 2013
5:02 PM

Post #9404174

That's great, Patti. I still believe this is the best Robin ever!

Marti, is there anyone close by who can help you or grow plants from some of your seeds? I know how much you were looking forward to a veggie garden.
Not the same thing as having a plot, but wonder if you would be able to grow a few veggies in containers.

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 31, 2013
5:46 PM

Post #9404236

Hi, all.
Finally got a chance to stop by again...
Marti, I'll be praying that your shoulder heals quickly :) Do take care of yourself!
Steph, my thoughts and prayers are with you. That's really neat that you can plant the tree in honor of your friend.
Haven't got my other seed packets out yet, but hope to do so soon... Been very busy this week. Finally took some time out to water my plants today. Been long enough without rain that I figured I better get them watered. And got to enjoy the sun while taking care of them :)
Funny, while watering my plants, I was thinking that I'll have to start getting some seeds planted once it's February... And then I remembered that tomorrow is the beginning of February! Where did this month go! LOL
Michelle
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

January 31, 2013
9:11 PM

Post #9404445

FOTV,
I had planned on growing mt veggies in containers this yr. But with sissy passing and now surgery, don't know how I will manage to put it together. I have a good source fot the tires I was going to use, but now have to figure out how to afford the planter mix. The agricultural Extenion of UK University put out a pamfelt on container gardening and how to use tires towers to grow in. I want to build planter boxes, but need to save money for the wood, so will try the tire tower. Found a source for veggies that are breed to be in containers and I had ordered a few to try.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2013
4:16 AM

Post #9404546

Marti you do not need allot of soil you can Put STRAW --Spagrum Moss-- Leaves -- Grass clippings- food scrapes in your Boxes or where you want your garden sprinkle seeds & watch them grow .

well do you think the GROUND HOG Will See his shadow tomorrow ???
maybe somewhere :)

well I'm Sure Patti will let us know when the robin lands :) ya all have a great day
I'm going to pay in seeds today :))) back later
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 1, 2013
5:33 AM

Post #9404614

I was so excited yesterday when I saw a package hanging from the mailbox. To my disappointment just a package from Grandma for my boys, they were much more excited than I was =). I'll be looking for it today. Off to a conference today about market gardening, looking forward to meeting more gardeners in my area! Hoping that ground hog decides to stay out and Spring is on its way...I'm getting antsy to start planting.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2013
7:54 AM

Post #9404730

deejay, what I've been doing in the front yard is putting down cardboard boxes and than covering them with leaves, decomposted woodchips and thowing in a little peat moss and a few bags of topsoil. Figured I'd do about the same in the tires.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 1, 2013
8:00 AM

Post #9404743

you will tire of the tires trust me Just keep to your natural raised beds or just in the ground Less hassel .
but everyone has their own ways .
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2013
9:31 AM

Post #9404842

my problem is I need the beds raised enough that I do not have to bend over much or get down on the ground due to a spinal injury and damage to both knees. I just cant get down on the ground.
Patti1957
Eagle Point, OR
(Zone 8a)

February 2, 2013
12:15 PM

Post #9406086

Tracking says it was delivered yesterday. Have fun Tessa!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 2, 2013
1:12 PM

Post #9406137

An acquaintance of ours is wheelchair bound and she uses the straw bale method on tabletops to grow her flowers and veggies. Her tables are just cinder blocks stacked to make four corners and old doors or scrap wood laid on top of them to make her 'tables'. By having a custom height, she's able to maneuver her chair close to or even slightly under the tables and has an eye level view of her plants. Would something like this work for you, Marti? Or anybody else who's more comfortable sitting instead of standing and bending while gardening.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2013
2:17 PM

Post #9406224

you can get old doors for $2-$3 Here @ our Habitat store & the cinder block are not all that exspensive
sure maybe you can find someone to bring them in for you & Set them up you can even plant in Buckets
by just adding straw & a little soil in the buckets .

Just a slow relaxing day here watching Movies with Zoey Boy the cartoons out these days
Nothing like the ones we used to watch way back when Mighty Mouse was the hero .

her folks will be home soon then Maybe I can watch some real Movies :)))
ya all have a great weekend back tomorrow .
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2013
2:21 PM

Post #9406226

FOTV that sounds interesting I'll have to give that a try also
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 2, 2013
2:28 PM

Post #9406241

My son & his girlfriend built a raised garden for her grandmother (90 years old at the time) so she did not have to give up her love of gardening when she became dependent on a wheel chair.. It was a little high at first (as can see in pic) so they cut the legs off to make it lower for her.. She was absolutely thrilled to be able to still grow her tomatoes & green peppers!!

Thumbnail by sbish5

evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

February 2, 2013
2:49 PM

Post #9406258

marti001 wrote:FOTV that sounds interesting I'll have to give that a try also

Gosh, Marti, you'd better not be doing that too sonn...
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 2, 2013
4:55 PM

Post #9406355

For now I'm just dreaming!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2013
4:54 AM

Post #9406660

We all have dreams Marti even I have to slow down cannot do as much As i have done in the pass, Not only cost but also Body & Mind so your now alone . we just have to do with what we have on hand .

I'm going to Plan simple this summer !!!! well !!!! My plan is To Be simple but time will tell , as you all Know it depends on Health & Weather :)

Awake most the night & Noww i have to go feed & Water my Molly Duck so you all have a great day .
will try to get back in later .
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 3, 2013
6:34 AM

Post #9406727

Seed robin safely arrived on Friday. I've gone through and picked out some goodies. This robin is twice the size of last years! I think we are all too generous and put twice the amount in that we take, not room for too much more in the box. She will be back in the air on Monday and headed to Colorado.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9406733

ty Tes that is Good to hear :) Heads up Kathy :)))) Better get more Light stands Up :))
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2013
9:55 AM

Post #9406946

Oh boy, Kathy... Can't wait to see what you end up with!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 3, 2013
11:34 AM

Post #9407066

lol...she's probably out buying lumber and lights.
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2013
11:57 AM

Post #9407086

Lol... Planting shrubs?! Between snowflakes... Lol

She is some hard worker!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2013
12:11 PM

Post #9407100

lol, Fruity!!! How did you know I was thinking about that yesterday, can you read my mind?!! So many of the things I've already started this season will be new to me...Am really looking forward to all the varieties of foxglove, I'm going growing, and may try tricking the biennials into bloom this season. Hope, hope, hope!!!

I have a question, anyone out there in z7-9 ever grown Dierama (Angels Fishing Rod or wand flower) yet? I've got some that I am growing from seed, I will try a few in the garden to see if they might overwinter in z6, but would love some feedback from anyone who's grown them. I'm guessing they won't bloom til year 2. Book says they can be overwintered in a warm greenhouse...

Yup, looking forward to seeing that box...gosh I may have to look at some veggies too! And some annuals!!! (vines, zinnias, cleome, stocks and maybe some Amaranthus...Yup still got room to start a few goodies.

Susie, will be working on that plan some more today, let's see if I can get it finished before that box arrives...Have Garden Club on Tuesday, and will try to get a copy for myself also when I'm at the library. Also remember, I have a box coming for you this spring, part of your Christmas present I didn't tell you about!!!! Suprise!!! (Had to make sure some of my babies would grow before I said anything...lol. Now you have even mor to look forward to this spring!!!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2013
12:20 PM

Post #9407105

LOL, Pam!!! We don't even have any snow on the ground at the moment! Please send all extras here to me!!!!!!!
Was out last week with the tower sprinkler in the back and my tractor sprinkler in the main garden...I want SNOW!!!!! Mountain are getting blasted, last week one ski area got 48" in 48hrs. Yikes...I'm ready to be snowed in for a few days...just let me make one trip to the grocery store first..lol...

LOL, how bad is this, had to take a pix of the snow, think I'll put it in my dreams tonight!!!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2013
1:25 PM

Post #9407172

LOL Kathy You Know how i just LOVE Your Surprises :))) wish I could send you some of this Snow
here is Molly Duck just last week Tuesday & Then it has snowed everyday since then about an inch a day
Light snow each day pretty but very Boring .

well I'm going to go play , ya all have a great eve

Thumbnail by deejay9   Thumbnail by deejay9         

Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 3, 2013
2:23 PM

Post #9407242

How cute is Miss Molly!

We got sprinkles yesterday, melted almost as soon as it hit the ground.
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2013
2:35 PM

Post #9407253

This was my first year growing angels fishing rods, they did bloom toward the end of summer, but lost them all in the freeze. hoping they come back but have more seeds just in case. they are so pretty
kc
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 3, 2013
4:35 PM

Post #9407358

this is one faaaast robin...i should be home jusst in the nick of time to get it, whew. I really didn't want to miss it!

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2013
6:23 PM

Post #9407462

Shirley - I built one that looks just like that for my tenant, she is over 80 and can't get down on her knees anymore. She loves it and has planted it just full of herbs and veges.
Susie - I want a duck, a friend gave me one for my 16th birthday and he was the best pet. Patrick was his name.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2013
2:48 AM

Post #9407658

I told my niece that I NEEDED old wooden doors and some boards to biuld raised beds like that and she called all of her friends and told them so I have lots of people looking for me. She told the to keep a watch out for anything that could be used as a container.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2013
4:29 AM

Post #9407699

My Ms Molly will be 6 yrs old In June She is a Muscovy she dose not Quack But she Loves to Eat & Swim :) keep her Penned up in the barn So No Wild Critters can't get her .

I'll post again when I Hear that the Robin is in Flight :) have a great day .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
9:01 AM

Post #9408052

Risingcreek, oh yes please tell me the progress of your Dieramas, 'spose to be a corm (like a gladiola), and they should be hardy in your area. Am guessing they can take freezing temps if they grow in z7. So keep an eye on them for me! LOL. So you liked them huh, even more of a reason to wanna try them, if not I'll have to share with those in warmer zones...lol.. (So far it looks like I have about 25 babies of atleast 3 different varieties, it was a mix of seed).
I have been eyeballing these for a number of years but don't usually see them being offered.
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 4, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9408061

Marti, I have plans for raised beds tall enough ti sit on. If you want I will email to you.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
9:57 AM

Post #9408119

Wanted to ask...if anyone is interested in some Ammi majus RUBRA (red). Very rare... I obtained seed in 2002, grew it in '03. Was listed as biennial, tho bloomed first year at 28-30". Moved from garden so not sure what happened after that. (did visit a neighbor a few years after that and didn't see any so not sure what happened to it).
I did start a couple of pots on 1/22/13, germination looks like it will be close to 100%, taking 11 days under lights. Anyone interested, if so will put into the box later this week when it gets here. Kathy
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2013
10:21 AM

Post #9408135

Kathy, I'd love to try some of your Ammi majus rubra.

Thanks,
Deb
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9408171

Is it true red, or pink? Google doesn't list it anywhere...interesting! I'd love to try some...
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

February 4, 2013
1:04 PM

Post #9408317

Would love to try some!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
5:04 PM

Post #9408601

Ok...momcat, I'm putting in 2 small baggies in the box this week, take a BIG!! pinch (or several...lol.
Pfg...ok will mail you some
czimmerman...please d-mail me your address or are you in the second go around?

Anyone else?
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2013
5:10 PM

Post #9408617

Can I just throw some seeds out in the garden in the spring? If so I'd like to try some . They are very pretty.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
5:46 PM

Post #9408648

marti, not sure if they will seed in the garden, haven't tried. Send me a d-mail with address, ok?
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
6:13 PM

Post #9408668

Kathy, I'm getting the robin 2nd time around, no need to mail. Have fun with it!
paula_p
Brazoria, TX
(Zone 9b)

February 4, 2013
6:16 PM

Post #9408673

I would love to try some.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
6:40 PM

Post #9408717

Ya Pam I saw that...got packets for ya...this and penstemon p.
Paula, send me a d-mail with address...
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 4, 2013
7:14 PM

Post #9408761

Yay! More Pp! Thanks!

GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 5, 2013
12:36 AM

Post #9408868

Hi, all.
Ah, the robin's having a great time zooming along again! :) Have fun, wwkathy :)
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 5, 2013
4:53 AM

Post #9408947

Wow Whats everyone one getting that I'm Missing out on :( ??? off to Doctor this Morning so can't stay will be back after Lunch I Hope so ya all have a great day .
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 7, 2013
6:36 PM

Post #9411612

I feel like this has taken forever to get to me ! :) Finally I can say Im next!! (after WWK)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 7, 2013
6:59 PM

Post #9411625

According to tracking should be here tomorrow afternoon...
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 7, 2013
7:55 PM

Post #9411686

Happy diving, Kathy!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 7, 2013
9:57 PM

Post #9411737

Hi, all.
Oh, Susie, that robin is packed with all kinds of seeds! Besides the items I requested ahead of time from people plus a couple of other surprises, I found some seeds for Wild pink roses. Decided to take a few to try. Also decided to try some moonflowers. Probably would have taken more kinds of seeds if I had more space to grow things!
Michelle
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

February 8, 2013
5:27 AM

Post #9411843

Wwkathy, im on second go-around. Thanks!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 8, 2013
5:30 AM

Post #9411846

Gm I Hope the robin lands safely today @ Kathy's Going to be offline today Not sure if i will get back on later tonight or not but will try . ya all have a great day .

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 8, 2013
5:11 PM

Post #9412496

The Robin has landed...wow!!!!! been busy and have only gone thru a few of the packs so far!
Hey fruity...what color are the Ratibida that you included, straight yellow or the bicolor?

FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 8, 2013
6:05 PM

Post #9412551

We're going to find out together, Kathy. They're supposed to be Bi-Color.
Isn't this the best Robin ever!

Hang on, Steph. You're next. Get your baggies ready.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 9, 2013
12:49 PM

Post #9413264

Ok...just finished going through the stash!!!! Whew... Soo many goodies, a bit of this and a bit of that... I may be sending d-mails to some to find out heights on the plants. I'm also restocking the robin with goodies from my garden again...lol, almost nothing left for others ahead of me to get to and the 2nd go around... will see what I can find..maybe even some different things than I first sent in...am thinking there was only 3 or 4 types of seeds left from mine and I know I must have sent susuie more than that...lol...Sure hope those that got them will like them!!! Hope to have the robin back in the air by Monday. Any last requests on goodies let me know by tomorrow!!!!

Sure would love some of that snow from back east!!!! Instead of 24" we're getting about 2" tonight, hope, hope, hope...

Ok, I'm off to water my new babies...Later! And thanks for alllll the lovelies! Kathy

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 9, 2013
7:55 PM

Post #9413665

Wow, it sounds like the robin has changed a lot since I saw it. And yes, there was a lot from you back then. I put in a bunch, too. Was any of that left? I think I'll have more extras by the time it gets back to me, can help re- stock.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to do next, too...
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 10, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9414495

Hmmm, bit confused... When I sent it, it still had quite a variety of seeds.
Michelle

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 10, 2013
3:49 PM

Post #9414557

Ok restocking with:
Scabiosa ocroleuca (yellow)
Ammi majus Rubra
Ammi visagna
Osteospurmum Tetra pole Star (orange and yellow)
Rudbeckia mix ( center rings a darker color)
Digitalis grandiflora (perennial foxglove)
Aquilegia short spur blue
Aquilegia mix: McKenas, solid white, solid blue, winky blue, Denver's Gold (fragrant), Barlow
Veronica spicata Sight Seeing Series, blue, 28", tallest Veronica available and not sold anywhere that I have found)
Hesperis matronalis purple
Lavendula angustifolia Munstead
Stachys McCrantha, green foliage, purple flowers
Coreopsis grandiflora Sunray
Centaurea phygria, purple, 36-48" (P)
Centaurea machrocephala, yellow hardhead, 48", (P)
Note...both Centaureas have chaffe, make sure you get some seed!!!!! Sorry...this stuff is a mess to clean and even worse indorrs in winter..
Scabiosa columbaria Purple and White mix, 30-36"^x24">
Eupatorium joicus, 48-72", white flowers and varigated foliage
Armeria maritima Bee's Hybrid's, this is a tall variety, 18+"

Lol Pam...If I used old seed I could send a box that's about 3X's the size of the present one...I'll do a better job of collecting seed this year!! Hope you find some goodies, and remember I have a few packets with your name on them too and others that have requests...

To those that have made requests and not recieving the box again will be shipping out tomorrow...
Marti
paula

Will check in again in the am to see if there's anything else before I ship!!!! Later...Kathy

Pix 1 Centaurea machrocephala yellow hardhead
Pix 2 Centaurea phygria purple
Pix 3 Armeria maritima Bee's Hybrids,sorry thought I had a better pix, (lollypop on a stick)
Pix 4&5 Rudbeckia mix

Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy   Thumbnail by warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 10, 2013
3:55 PM

Post #9414562

Sorry, GardenQuail...meant of goodies from my garden...yes there's still sooo many things to choose from. Most of what I'm restocking from my garden stash of seeds is not already in the box, and different from what's in there now, gotta be ready for those that follow me and the 2nd go-a-round.
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 10, 2013
8:15 PM

Post #9414831

Kathy, I'm not in the second round this time. Would you mind mailing seeds for these directly to me? I'll reimburse you for postage or find something to trade.

Centaurea machrocephala yellow hardhead
Stachys McCrantha
Centaurea phygria
Armeria maritima

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2013
5:26 AM

Post #9415055

Please save me some of these :)))
Stachys McCrantha
Armeria maritima

This is going to be a great Growing season for so many :))) No Ordering PLANTS for me Going to start my own & Hope to TRADE with others :) thank you all for sharing .

well the wind is picking up Melting the snow & More coming in later today so off to town before the snow .
back later
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2013
5:48 AM

Post #9415073

Kathy, I'd love to try Aquilegia Chrysantha, if you still haven't sealed the box yet. It looks so sweet...
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 11, 2013
5:53 AM

Post #9415081

Yeah! Only 5 more stops -- it's getting closer!!! Can't wait! Listening to you all name the goodies you found in there is getting me a little antsy with anticipation on what I will find!!!!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 11, 2013
6:23 AM

Post #9415131

**WAVING***JUMPING***WAVING***
Im READY!!!! :):):)
ordairygirl
Nyssa, OR
(Zone 6a)

February 11, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9415150

No need to worry about a picked over empty box...I had to make sure all the air was out of the 100's of baggies to make sure I could fit them in the large box that is over 6 pounds. There has to be at least 400 packets of seeds in there and it took me over 2 hours to quickly look through them. Kathy must just have seeds people are really interested in to need to replace so many. Just wanted to reassure those down the line that the robin is hUgE!
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 11, 2013
7:55 AM

Post #9415272

O.k. ordairygirl-- thanks for making the anticipation grow (LOL)!!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2013
8:32 AM

Post #9415328

Yup, the box is stuffed full!!!! Restocking finished, now to stuff a few things in special request envis. Susie, I took everything with your name on it and put in a seperate bag...sooo many goodies coming to you!!!!! (Hope that piques your interest a bit..lol...) Also am sticking my gift for whomever gets the date right...

Sbish...those aren't goodies I found but am adding again...

Gotta go finish the box...later all...Kathy

Pix all my different columbines I'm growing now...The two little pots in the back row are seeds that I added, the Aquilegia mix listed above...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 11, 2013
11:34 AM

Post #9415562

Looking great Kathy I hope I can get mine to do as well :) well Back later have to go have a test this afternoon at the hosp so ya all keep chatting BBL
susie
czimmerman00
Elk Horn, KY

February 11, 2013
11:38 AM

Post #9415572

Does anyone happen to have geranium maderense seeds? Something that i'd love to get my hands on! Lol!

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 11, 2013
5:35 PM

Post #9416020

That's a sore spot . . . the deer, or the rabbits ate my geranium maderense before it had a chance to even bloom. I was so excited when I got that plant, I purchased it from the local geranium society booth at a once a year craft sale. I should contact the society and see if someone has one I could buy. It's such a cool plant.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 11, 2013
5:49 PM

Post #9416036

Box in the air and should arrive on Wednesday!!!! Dj, will send confirmation #.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 11, 2013
6:47 PM

Post #9416085

WOO HOO!!!! :D
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 13, 2013
4:18 PM

Post #9418175

no box today...:(

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 14, 2013
2:23 PM

Post #9419146

Gosh minne. did you get your Valentines box today????? Hope So! They said by Wed. and wondered about that so should be there today for sure.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 14, 2013
3:04 PM

Post #9419177

I didnt :( I was just gonna track it.

Its not giving me info :( Kathy, can you track it again?

This message was edited Feb 14, 2013 5:05 PM

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 14, 2013
3:11 PM

Post #9419181

Steph any chance it might have been left in a garage or porch I haven't checked will do so but going out for super with Brother & The kids ya all have a great evening H V-DAY ♥♥♥♥♥
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 14, 2013
3:16 PM

Post #9419184

the only place it could be is the front step..and I looked there. Its not on my tenants step either (duplex).

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2013
5:16 AM

Post #9419619

WELL LETS HOPE IT GETS THERE TODAY what time do you get your mail ??
I maybe away for awhile today just waiting for a call but will check back in later .

need to hear from these players are ya watching

MELLEN1954---IOWA are you home yet ?
MOMCAT--DEB-- ILL
DIAMOND9192002 / -IN
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

February 15, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9419698

OH NO!! Lost robin???? Let's hope it turns around and heads for it's roost on it's proper door step!!!!
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 15, 2013
6:41 AM

Post #9419722

It generally comes about 2..my daughter gets home at 3 and its the first thing I've been asking her when she calls to check in. "Did my box come today?"...I hope it comes today - although I wont have time to tend to it until tomorrow..
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2013

Post #9419837

I'm watching!! Hoping the robin arrives safely with Minnesippi!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 15, 2013
9:06 AM

Post #9419865

I just put in for tracking info, will let you know where it's at when the P.O. sends me an email.
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2013
10:19 AM

Post #9419921

yes i am home
me

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2013
10:59 AM

Post #9419949

fingers crossed it lands today we can sure tell what states don't like using their conf # scaners
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 15, 2013
11:22 AM

Post #9419967

I have lost all faith in the post office, things keep being late or disappearing. hope it gets to you soon
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 15, 2013
12:56 PM

Post #9420056

mine is usually pretty good..daughter just got home. She said no box :( boo!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 15, 2013
2:25 PM

Post #9420159

For those who live in the country, USPS is in the midst of National Rural Route Mail Count (February 9 - March 2). During this time, it's not unusual for packages to run 2-3 days later than usual. Same thing happened last year during the two rounds of mail count days we went through.

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 15, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9420176

ty fruity for up-date so hopefully it will show up tomorrow Look how long it took from Risingcreeks to domehomedee:( & that was in the same state so we just have to be patient with our Postal Service :(
off to play cards tonight back tomorrow
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 16, 2013
2:21 AM

Post #9420618

Hi, all.
Ah, not confused anymore... Thanks for the clarification :)
Oh, Minnessippi, I do hope the robin makes it to you Saturday, especially since Monday is a holiday.
Michelle
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 16, 2013
9:02 AM

Post #9420876

ITS HERE!! ITS HERE!!

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2013
9:27 AM

Post #9420892

WHEW!!!! Po said it left Aurora, Co. a few days ago and then nothing...Glad it arrived! Have FUN!!! LOL.
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 16, 2013
2:31 PM

Post #9421188

Yeah!!! Glad to hear it made it!!
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 16, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9421202

Happy day! Have fun diving and dividing, Steph.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9421203

The package sat in Saint Paul for 3 days...just got my e-mail from the po...
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 16, 2013
3:00 PM

Post #9421209

What a drag.., so glad it's found! Happy diving, Minne!

juhur7

juhur7
Anderson, IN
(Zone 6b)

February 16, 2013
3:19 PM

Post #9421225

Me too , whew I was watching , spectators booth..lol glad it got there!!!
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 17, 2013
11:26 AM

Post #9422035

at this late date, i am sure glad it showed up...i will be ready and waiting when it arrives here...
ME
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

February 17, 2013
2:01 PM

Post #9422201

Yeah, Kathy!! :-)

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 17, 2013
2:03 PM

Post #9422203

LOL...I was worried...if all those seeds had been lost my name would have become mud quickly...
FruitOfTheVine
Blue Ridge Mtns, VA
(Zone 7a)

February 17, 2013
8:26 PM

Post #9422526

Don't shoot the messenger...lol
risingcreek
sun city, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 18, 2013

Post #9423023

that is exactly how I felt!! so worried the seeds would not get to the next person, took forever!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 19, 2013
12:44 AM

Post #9423937

Hi, all.
Ah, what a fun activity for this past weekend! Hope you had a great time going through all the seeds, Steph. :)
Michelle

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9424000

Just got a note that the robin will be back in the air today so on the way to MELLEN's should land by Thus or Fri . Will send conf# after I Get it
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2013
9:16 AM

Post #9424305

Ummmmm...if the winter storm predicted really comes, it won't be here on Thursday and maybe Friday. I will let you know when it does get here, of course. We are preparing for a doozie of a storm.
ME
evelyn_inthegarden
Sierra Foothills, CA
(Zone 8a)

February 19, 2013
10:49 AM

Post #9424413

It's snowing here now...

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 19, 2013
11:53 AM

Post #9424481

we had rain last night ^ Then the wind picked up about 9am & Has been snowing & Blowing since about 10am
so staying in staying warm ya all have a great day
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 19, 2013
12:45 PM

Post #9424529

Yep, gonna hit here too...2° this morning with -35° windchill. Very windy with "ground blizzards" forming all over the place. I have to get gas too..I have filling up when its windy in the winter.

What ever happen to "nor rain, sleet, snow or dead of night"...They dont cancel school up here anymore when the weather is "bad", the mail should deliver on time.

Its packed full of goodies. Hopefully it will make it there soon. It doesnt have too far to go. I did mail it from Wisconsin...so if its late, I will use that excuse :) I am 100% sure it was picked up. The mail carrier had to come in my office to get it.

warriorswisdomkathy

warriorswisdomkathy
Kiowa, CO
(Zone 5b)

February 19, 2013
8:11 PM

Post #9424939

Hey Fruity...sent your seeds today and should arrive on Friday...atleast that's what I was told.

And according to my update on the package to minn,, it sat in Minnesota for 3 days...go figure, think I can get a refund on postage...lol.

Here's some new pix on my goodies for this season.

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

February 19, 2013
11:36 PM

Post #9425109

We don't get snow but it rained really hard mid-day. I was glad I raked out the drainage ditch this morning.
I always complain that we don't engineer our roads for rain here so there is always lots of flooding when it comes down too fast.
Stephanie . . . 2 degrees? I can't even imagine it being that cold. I was complaining about being cold today and it didn't get below 50.
I vote for Spring starting soon, I'm sick of short days and cold weather.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 20, 2013
6:06 AM

Post #9425242

it was -5° this morning...dont know what the wind chill is. Probably close to -20°. Snow on the way for the drive home tomorrow. Looks like we wont get hit as hard as NE & IA. 5-10" here vs the 12"+ down there.
Ellen, got your shovel? :)
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 20, 2013
9:33 AM

Post #9425515

Yes, I have the snow shovel by the front door. Ready and waiting.

50 degrees is balmy, spring weather for us. LOL

ME
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 20, 2013
11:22 PM

Post #9426254

Hi, all.
We don't get snow where I am, but the higher hills and mountains around us do occasionally. But among the rain downpours yesterday, we had hail! Was on the phone then, or I would have stuck my hand outside to see if I could catch some to look at :) Knew it wasn't rain by the sound.
For all expecting snow, stay safe and keep warm. And we do hope our robin finds her way to a nice warm place at Ellen's soon :)
Michelle
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2013
6:15 AM

Post #9426466

Woke up this morning with my water pipes frozen. I left water dripping last night but apparantly not enough. Last time it took 4 days to thaw. I've got to figure out how to afford heat tape for the water lines.
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2013
8:14 AM

Post #9426634

on an outside wall? Needs more insulation and a space heater...
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9426682

HOPEfully, the robin makes it today. Snow not expected to start til mid-afternoon. Mail usually here between 11:30 and 1:00. Susie, does DC say it is here? I am so excited to be finally getting it.

No travel plans for the next couple of days. Hubs just cut some more wood so we can have a fire if electricity goes out.

Everyone stay safe.
ME

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2013
9:20 AM

Post #9426715

Out for Delivery sorry came down with a bug back when I feel up to.
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9426743

If is HERE!!! Just walked in the door. Wow, BIG box!

Get better.

ME
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2013
9:45 AM

Post #9426745

All the pipes are under the trailer and the skirting on the trailer is no good so it lrts in all the cold. When my niece got her new trailer next door, they wraped "heat tape"around all the water lines and her pipes don't freeze.
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2013
10:47 AM

Post #9426793

Wow! Up for air! See 'ya! GULP!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2013
12:45 PM

Post #9426883

Marti I Had friends that used Heat tape & Their trailer Caught fire they just barely excasped if she hadn't had to get up to go potty they could have been burnt up . your better off if you was to have someone build a wall of wood siding with styrofoam Insulation think it cost me Less then $200. & It also Knocked down our Heat cost .
Has anyone ever Grown any Hops Plants can you D'mail me info on them as to there Growth type of soil
any info deeply apreciated & If you might have any to share this spring , Do they like full sun or full shade ?

still very feverish so going back to lay down ya all have a great day
minnesippi
Oakdale, MN
(Zone 4a)

February 21, 2013
4:35 PM

Post #9427152

Take care Susie.
Glad it made it before the storm Ellen
Marti - some heat tapes are good, have built in thermostats - but professional installation is recommended. Spendy too. Try what Susie said with the wall/insulation. Ask your neighbors what they do too.
marti001
Somerset, KY
(Zone 6b)

February 21, 2013
5:03 PM

Post #9427171

The ones on my nieces trailer have thermostats and that's what we are trying to get for my trailer. My niece is taking to the person who donated the tape for her place and see if he will donate it for my trailer and I havr a pro who will install it for free if I get it. I've check into replacing the skirting, but can't afford it right now. I thought about going up to thr place where I can get used carpeting for free and getting some to attach around the trailer over the skirting but my niece says she'd be worried about it molding. I had not thought about that, but I thought maybe for the winter and pull it down this summer.
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 21, 2013
6:50 PM

Post #9427280

I have been in a LOT of robins over the years, and this ranks right at the top for seed variety. What with the snowstorm through Friday and the PO closed on Saturday, I will get the robin back in the air on Monday as long as the next snowstorm predicted for Monday doesn't keep me in.

ME
momcat
northeast, IL
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2013
6:34 AM

Post #9427640

Yay!! I'm next!! I'm getting all my seeds ready!!
mellen1954
New Providence, IA
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2013
12:15 PM

Post #9428028

Mom, you will be amazed at the selection. You have been involved on here for a long time, too, and you may agree that this is one of the best.
Mary Ellen/ME

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 22, 2013
2:55 PM

Post #9428159

Sounds as the ones who were in the begining of the Robin will have Much to look forward to :)
Pfg
(Pam) Warren, CT
(Zone 5b)

February 22, 2013
3:25 PM

Post #9428213

It wasn't bad then, either...I found lots of great stuff. But now I can't wait to see what else is in there!
GardenQuail
Mountain View, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 25, 2013
1:44 AM

Post #9430594

Waving hello! :)
Keep forgetting... Susie, can you start a new page? This one is taking awhile to load. Thanks!
Michelle
gardenseeder63
Concord, NH

February 25, 2013
3:54 AM

Post #9430626

first the blizzard nemo on my 50th bday got 26 inches now yesterday another 14 HELP! NEED spring LOL stay safe all
diamond9192002
(Anita) Fort Wayne, IN
(Zone 6a)

February 25, 2013
4:26 AM

Post #9430638

Hi all!

deejay9

deejay9
(susie) Hastings, MI
(Zone 5a)

February 25, 2013
4:54 AM

Post #9430651

NEW THREAD http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1300043/

Sorry Cannot stay around today got some Demolition to be done this week so you all have a great week
Sunny today so off to get the materials Before the Storm hits . Have a great day

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America