Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Pottery, Clay and Ceramics: Back after a long break

Communities > Forums > Pottery, Clay and Ceramics
bookmark
Forum: Pottery, Clay and CeramicsReplies: 1, Views: 19
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
imapigeon
Gilroy (Sunset Z14), CA
(Zone 9a)

January 6, 2013
12:04 PM

Post #9377279

Well, all the momentum I had going last spring is back in hiding---I had foot surgery on my "pedal foot" in August, and wasn't able to throw. I did a little bit of extruding just before Christmas, but that was all. It took me one whole day to get my pug mill working properly again (note to self: run it every day, even if you're not doing any work!!)

Watched videos and You-Tube clips, but it's not the same! I pulled my pieces out of the local arts alliance because I didn't have any pieces I thought were good enough and the new manager was kind of insulting. So I won't be making money any time soon off my pottery this year. I'll have to cut more up than usual.

Yesterday I did a little throwing trying some of the new techniquest I learned on the videos. Most of them just confused me...LOL!

My goal for this year is to finally learn the throw and coil method to make larger pieces. I've tried it before and not been very successful, but I have some new coiling methods from one of the videos I got for Christmas that might be able to adapt for adding coils to the rims of my thrown pieces. I've had throw and coil on my "to do" list for years. I'll add it to my goals for spring semester again---glad to be going back to class the end of the month. I've missed my instructor and her insights, as well as the inspiration I get from other students' pieces.

Hope everyone else has a creative and inspired 2013!
mommacat11
Stafford, VA
(Zone 7a)

January 6, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9377522

IMA!!!
Welcome BACK! We have all missed you. How is your foot doing now?
I seem to go like crazy then have long lapses. My instructor/mentor still wants me to submit a few more pieces that have been upgraded for her Board to look at...when I look at the level of the artists there... I just cringe. She and I are the only potters and she is beyond fantabuous.

I am so glad you are back!!!!!!

Deb

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Pottery, Clay and Ceramics Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Kiln fired clay questions... WUVIE 144 Sep 1, 2009 3:13 PM
Claylovers' Topics: Bios / Work / Glazes / Firings, etc! #2 zenpotter 66 Jan 8, 2009 7:22 PM
Pottery,clay jcoats123 25 Jan 11, 2009 3:01 AM
Pottery,clay,ceramics,kilns, firing, sculpture, etc. jcoats123 192 Sep 10, 2009 7:52 PM
completed one pot jcoats123 6 Jun 23, 2013 9:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America