The Bangladesh Eggplant (Any one have any information?)

the Mountains, CO(Zone 4a)

http://rareseeds.com/vegetables-d-o/eggplant/bangladeshi-long-eggplant.html

Please go to the above link. This is such
a beautiful an intriguing eggplant. I recently
purchased a packet of seeds. Upon googling it,
you absolutely cannot find ANY information, nor any
other photographs other than what Baker Seeds
shows here. I don't believe it's offered anywhere
else on the internet.

Has any one ever grown it or can any one shed
some light on it's background/history for me?

Circle, MT(Zone 3b)

They sure are groovy-looking! I don't have any more info, but I've got other varieties of eggplant I'm trying from Baker Creek (Thai yellow, arugumam, and Louisiana long green) if you'd like to swap seeds.

As an Italian gal, I do love some eggplant. :)

This message was edited Jan 7, 2013 11:52 PM

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Chuckl, throw it on the Plant ID forum, tell em what you are Told it is and that you cannot find info on it so is it real? See what gels with all those other country profs.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

It is a new introduction, so it will take some time to get feedback. Eggplant is quite popular in southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent. There are lots of varieties from those areas. Only a few have made it to the North American market. http://www.plantnames.unimelb.edu.au/new/Sorting/CATALOGUE/Pt2-Asian-eggplants.html#Solanum-torvum

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Ah! There you areFarmerD!

I submitted it to PlantFiles a few days back. I would hope if BakerCreek is offering it it would be 'real'. It looks almost to beautiful to be an eggplant and I've seen 100's of eggplants!

Madison, AL(Zone 7b)

Baker Creek's pictures are obviously of "premium" specimens (of course), but I haven't caught them doctoring photos or misrepresenting a variety's appearance yet.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

I search plant id forum and couldnt find it, guess i better catch up with alk of the posts... RosinaBloom likes to keep em hustling over there.

Well, I now have a decent amount of seeds if any one is up for a trade? haha! =)

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

Are those the green ones that kind of look like Jalapenos? No, not looking for a trade, just wondering.

From the pictures I don't think they look that way..
The only available photos are from Baker Creek from what I know.

Liberty Hill, TX(Zone 8a)

I was looking in the BC catalog and that was the only one saw with that name. Just wonder if we were talking about the same thing?

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.