Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower: The Rose

Communities > Forums > Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Say Love It Is a FlowerReplies: 0, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
gardengirl86
Middleboro, MA

January 7, 2013
4:33 AM

Post #9377834

Beautiful story; very inspiring. My father used to tell of a Christmas when he was growing up. They were poor and he and his siblings wanted snow for Christmas. As the holiday approached, it got warmer and they knew that they would never get their wish for snow that Christmas. When they ran out of the house Christmas morning to see if it had snowed they noticed color way in the back of my Grandmother's garden. One of her rose bushes was in bloom. No one had noticed that it was setting buds in the unseasonal weather. My Dad said that it was such a thrill to have fresh roses on the table for Christmas dinner.
Just another note. Although Bette Midler sang The Rose and did a wonderful job of it, you should also have noted that it was written by Amanda McBroom. Here is a link to why and how she wrote it: http://www.amcbroom.com/rose.html. Her story is just as inspiring as yours.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Say Love It Is a Flower Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Inspiring grampapa 8 Aug 1, 2008 3:47 AM
Laura Bush Rose writerdeman 2 Apr 13, 2010 9:51 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America