AuthorContent

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
12:08 PM

Post #9378257

We came from here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292385/#new

I saw the thread was getting a bit long so started a new one! Lots of room for new pictures too!!!

Come on in and have a chat, tell us about your day...good or bad!! Catch up on good friends, and fur babies!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Click the image for an enlarged view.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2013
1:36 PM

Post #9378371

Well, I am back from town. I had several errands to run, and went from one end of town to the other. This town is hard to navigate as it is on both sides of a river, and is spread out. So it takes me some time to figure out where I need to start. I try to take care of business on one end of town before navigating to the other, then cross the river and do the other side the same way. It is a beautiful old river town, but it is a PITA to shop in.

DH had a good visit with his next door neighbor, and then some other folks there. No, didn't visit with SO, so that was good, but didn't say anything of the sort to him.

Debbie, glad that DH is through with the test, but now that he knows he will need to go back sooner for another scan. Tell him getting old is the pits!

Tammy, sure hope that the Dr has some good meds for you. Hope she isn't too upset that you didn't come in sooner, but I would be hesitant to go in to spread my germs around, or to pick up any that may have been brought in by others.

Dianne, here is hoping that you will find something that Frank will like to eat, and surprise yourself by something that is good for you to eat too.

Vicki, walking banana bread off, how long does that take? hehe.

Sandy, glad you got so many pictures. Hope you got good ones when you download them and start to edit them.

Baking some sweet potatoes for supper, so just waiting for them to finish. We are having some left over chicken/dressing casserole too.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
2:00 PM

Post #9378384

I'm back!

Debbie - thank you for the new so glad the procedure went smoothly and that its done. Hoping those polyps are nothing to worry about too. This will give you ammo to encourage him to eat more higher fiber foods (like fruits & veggies or whole grains). :-)

Sandy - I'm sure its the stress of the molding both physical & mental. Sure hope they clear up quickly!

BonnieB - I'm am incredibly directionally challenged and don't think I could ever be happy living in a town split across a river. Just too complicated to navigate. (Maybe with GPS it would be possible...)

Mostly good news from the doctor. My regular doctor wasn't in so I saw her associate. He said I had pustules on my tonsils so clearly an infection. The swab was negative for strep. YEAH! He gave me a z-pack (antibiotics) and some potent cough med w/codeine. (I asked for something that would knock me out for a good nights' sleep.) OH Debbie - you are just so right. When he asked me what pharmacy I use, I couldn't tell him. I haven't had to get prescriptions filled locally in years. As luck would have it, the cough stuff required that it be hand carried. The pharmacy I picked didn't have it. She said no one had it in the Allentown area. I had her call the store south of us (other side of us from Allentown) and fortunately - they had it. So I also did a lot of running around. I'm back in my PJs and planning to veg out the rest of the day.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2013
2:07 PM

Post #9378387

Not much going on for me...it is not bitterly cold so I went outside to tend to the plants...potted about 6 pots of a rose..and watered a few things and when my hands and feet got cold, and Corky was begging to go inside..I did. Only lasted 2 hours.
I decided to have a birthday party for me in March..haven't told Phil yet. so far 11 people have told me they would be there. I want a Tres Leche cake and I know better than to have one for just us..Phil would eat one piece, and I would eat the rest.
I still love the toaster oven
Dianne I am glad you were just bruised from your fall.
I am going to have to get another collar for Corky..I don't like him going around naked.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
2:10 PM

Post #9378389

Forgot to say - I love the Izzy pose! And that the doctor said the vaccine this year is not effective against the strain this year.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
2:13 PM

Post #9378390

Hey Melva! I hope the Tres Leches Cake tastes as good as you hope. I suggest you make sure to invite Phil soon. :-)

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2013
2:14 PM

Post #9378391

What do you mean by hand carried? Glad you went and I sure hope this does it for you Tam!

Did banking and grocery shopping. Picked up a rotis chicken that was on sale plus some jojo's for lunch. Will have chicken something for supper. Ended up with a migraine. Should go see chiro.

Deb I am glad that is done for the day and I hope the test results are good.

BonnieB I think that town would be pretty situated like that. Glad all went well with DS.

Sandy can hardly wait to see your pictures. Some turn out better on a cloudy day. Hope the healing is fast.

Dianne things are still busy at the store. We had those late trucks and are now back on schedule. Plus we are starting resets and the first of next month is inventory. Plus wahing the floors as often as we can. The one girl has no clue. We just wish we would of had some of this work to do when there was nothing to do.

Terese hope you stay healthy.

Adina congrats to your DD and SIL to be. Hope it works for them. Sure will be hard to stay quiet at times.

Not good company so will go for now. Will work on the backroom some. It is slow going as I haven't done much back here for over a year except vacumn.

This message was edited Jan 7, 2013 4:18 PM
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 7, 2013
2:34 PM

Post #9378402

Vicki what are "jo-jos"? A rotis chicken sounds good to me,,, Maybe I will cook up some chicken breasts I have frozen.

Quill is here begging for food so I best go feed her. I am just delighted she has regained her interest in food. She has lost so much weight she is just skin anda bones at the moment. Her hair has lost some of its lustre too so I need to find a supplement to get that shine back. Haven't been given them brewer's yeast in their food for a few weeks, maybe I should go back to that.

UPS just delivered to my old neighbour from when I lived in the farm house. UPS driver called me frantic saying he just couldn't attempt the lane (it was getting dark) and he had been stuck 3 times already today. I immediately thought perhaps he needs some winter driving skill lessons. I told him it wasn't an issue about him coming down the lane so that helped calm him down.I just wanted the books! Will drive up in the morning and get the parcels then. I need to go to the PO as the mailman will not deliver the mail as he says there is a rut in front of the mailboxes and it is too dangerous for him. Of course there is a rut there - he made it!!!! Oh the joys of rural living!

Tam what was the cough medicine? I take hycodan and it works like a charm. Hope the meds will work quickly for you. What a bummer being ill when you are so used to being healthy.

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2013
2:34 PM

Post #9378403

I have some nice pictures but I have to process them-this is different from the things I have to do with regular pictures but I have a lot more to work with.

1 more day and the brat goes to the kennel-and right now that is not soon enough.
He is telling me that WE need to go out and play

Sandy and the BRAT

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 7, 2013
2:46 PM

Post #9378412

Dianne jojo's are potatoes cut kind of like apple slices and lightly breaded and seasoned and deep fried. Very unhealthy but oh so good. You can get them at Kentucky fried Chicken. Those are better then what we got today.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
3:29 PM

Post #9378449

Vicki, I don't know if it is the same for Tam, but most all of our scripts are now "electronically sent" to the pharmacy by the doctor. BUT if it is a controlled substance, like the codiene cough syrups, it has to be manually written/signed and hand carried to the pharmacy with ID proof of the patient.

Tam, I am glad you went! That is what Shannon had, pustular pockets on the tonsils and the 3rd med given was the z-pack so sure hope that helps! I would say 3 days in PJs and you will be feeling much better!!

Well, I found a warm spot on the couch to sit and read, never turned a page and zonked right out! Guess what woke me up? Pauls stomach rumbling! LOL
It is still churning. Had burgers for dinner...his request.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 7, 2013
3:32 PM

Post #9378454

Vicki - sorry you've got a migraine! I certainly understand how that would affect your mood. Never heard of jojos either. "Hand carried" means the doctor couldn't call or email in the prescription. That meant that the pharmacy couldn't tell him that they didn't have it.

I just don't remember being this sick this long! My cough is worse so I decided to take the new med.

Dianne - Its call Promethazine/codeine syrup. I'll have to go look it up ... hopefully its OK!

One of the side effects is headache on the included document. crap!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
3:36 PM

Post #9378462

Tam, remember that is a "possible" effect...not always probable. Just make sure you eat something with it so doesn't upset your stomach.

Should have kept that nasty little roo for a chicken soup!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2013
3:47 PM

Post #9378475

Tammy, I hope the meds make you feel better. A good nights sleep should do wonders. I just love a good narcotic cough med. hehe I hope nothing gives you a headache.

Debbie, so glad the day went well. I hope the news for DH is good.

Melva I had tres leche cake at a Spanish restaurant we went to for my Dad's birthday. It was very good. The waiter said it was the best dessert on the menu.

Vicki, I love those potatoes. And I just got back from the grocery and they sell them. Now I want some.

Adina, congratulations to DD - I hope all works out very well for them. Love the pics.

Sandy, isn't there something you can take to boost your immune system - vitamin wise?

It was a nice sunny day today - lots of snow melted. I'm trying to figure out what to make for dinner. I think I should have gotten a sandwich at the store. I'm rather pooped from work today.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
4:13 PM

Post #9378507

Elsie, you must be exhausted back to work a full week after the long holidays with "short weeks".

We are supposed to get warm temps here the next few days into weekend, they said might reach 50.
BUT everyone is complaining we are "20 inches" below snow level for the year so far.

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 7, 2013
4:29 PM

Post #9378539

Tam I think it is worth the risk of a headache to get some relief from your cough and get some sleep.Who's to say youo would even get a headache. Do you have one now from the congestion? Here you have to show ID for a narcotic but they can electronically transmit the Rx. Its the pu they are concerned about.

Those potatoes sound delicious. Like you Elsie I would like some now it has been mentioned. I will have to look for some the next time I go to a larger grocery store in Kingston. At the deli, right?

Melva the cake sounds good. Think Tam is on to something there Melva about soon inviting Phil to your birthday party.

Dogs are jumpy tonight. There must be something out there rattling them. I have a new motion light at the front door facing east towards Mosquito Creek and it has been flicking off and on the last hour. Coyotes were noisy last night so maybe they are on the move.

Dianne

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 7, 2013
5:23 PM

Post #9378599

I lost a wonderful post this morning and haven't had the inclination to recreate it all day. In it I thoughtfully addressed everyone and offered appropriate words of support and wisdom. Then I added news of myself and "M" (no "D"), and hit the Send icon. Poof! went my post when I had lost my connection to the Internet. $$%^%^&*(*&&^
I am still bummed!!!!

I am happy Tam went to the Dr. and 86ed the bad roo. Happy Paul’s test is over and the news was good. Congratulations to Andreea and whatshisname. Thankful Dianne and Diesel didn’t break anything while practicing acrobatics on their walk. Smart move - installing the motion light. Wish I could have shared some of Vicki’s yummy breakfast. I want to go to Melva’s birthday party. I have a wicked recipe for Tres Leches cake - in Katy.

Found out by accident at 2:30 yesterday when Judy called her, that M was waiting for me to take her to lunch, Walmart to have her nails done, and Kohl’s to exchange two Christmas gifts. Never did I tell her I was coming to do those things on Sunday or any day for that matter. She made it up in her head. I did say that when we had our nails done it would be at Walmart, but no day/date was mentioned. Getting her and all her accouterments in and out of the car is more than I can handle. I am going to have to tell her that I cannot do it. That is why she had Monique.

I did not leave this house today. I am beat. Started going through the piles of stacked mail and made it about half way. I have to stop. Cannot push anymore today.

Later,

Bonnie

This message was edited Jan 8, 2013 12:33 AM
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 7, 2013
5:36 PM

Post #9378610

When we went to Key West last time we had Tres Leche cake and Flan too...loved both of them...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 7, 2013
6:41 PM

Post #9378658

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 7, 2013
6:45 PM

Post #9378660

Well, glad to hear that you got to the Dr Tammy. Go ahead and take the meds, and the cough syrup and just zonk out and have a very restful night. I know you don't like to take anything, but if this will get you feeling better quickly, DO IT! I still think that you needed to make chicken noodle soup from the roo. It would have been satisfaction knowing you were eating him, the mean little snit! Didn't mean to put an "n" in that word either!

Bonnie, yes, my DM used to "make up" things too. I would think I was current on everything, and all of a sudden, she would blind side me with something I had supposedly said. I didn't rush to her, just laughed and said that I must have been partially asleep when I told her that. If it was something important, of course I would make sure it got done, but I never did let her rattle me and rush around trying to get her someplace when I knew it wasn't a real plan we had.

Melva, I think Phil needs to be invited to your party soon. He may make other plans, and skip out on you! What day is your birthday? Did you say March? I have a March birthday also.

Dianne, glad you have the new light up. Until the dogs get used to it, they are likely to bark a lot. Ours used to bark at the noise, and then if the light came on, they would bark at the light. Now they know that the two are usually connected, and they don't get too upset until the light comes on, then they know that there is something out there to really bark at.

Vicki, the potatoes sound good. I don't think KFC calls them that here, but just listed at potato wedges. I have had them, and they are good, but don't make a habit of having them too often. KFC has a new grilled chicken here, and it is good. Lot's healthier being grilled and lots less fat. I had baked fish today for lunch. I get it at this little restaurant in the town where I was, and I ask them to put it on rye bread and made a sandwich to go. Sure tasted good.

Terese, I am holding my breath that you don't come down with something before you get gone for your trip. Take some Vit C with you and load up, as you will be coming in contact with lots of people, and it will help your immune system.

Sandy, I don't understand what type pictures your camera takes. Since I am semi literate in photography, don't try to explain, as I probably wouldn't understand!!

Debbie, what did Paul request for supper? I know burgers for lunch, but as "empty" as he was, I am sure that he wanted something for supper that would stick to his ribs.

Adina, let us know when your article will be published. It sounds very interesting. Since I have my license to preach, I am interested in religion, or religious customs of other countries. Maybe you could help enlighten me to some Romanian customs. Do you go to church, or are you a faithful member of a religious organization there? How many different denominations are there there? Sure am hoping that Andreea and the boy friend do have a good/happy marriage. It would be good for Nicholas to have a man figure in his life for him to have to imitate, but not if he is not kind to Nicholas. That is what would worry me, that Nicholas would be treated well by him.

Hope you all discovered my error in my post about DH visiting with former neighbors and maybe seeing his SO. That was supposed to be DS! Hope my DH doesn't have a SO that he wants to visit. Much less, me taking him to visit her!

Tammy, the city that I talked about today, is very pretty. I worked there for 30 years, and it was very confusing until I got used to it. It is almost like two cities that are just connected by the road system. People who live there, if they are trying to give directions, refer to it as East Frankfort and West Frankfort. That way, you know what side of the river you need to be on! I used to go out at lunch when I first started working there, and would just drive around, finding my way. It really helped, because it took about a year of 1 hour lunch periods to explore, be able to find a particular store, and the trick was to go to a neighborhood where you could find something to buy for lunch. Many times, I would get lost and by the luck of the draw find my way back to work, but without any lunch! I got in the habit of taking something from home, that way, I could explore on lunch hour and still have something to eat! I had different work acquaintances that would volunteer to go with me and help me with exploring. The good ones, lived there!

Melva, Flan is good, as is creme broule. There is a very good upscale restaurant in Sarasota, Fla, it is a spanish restaurant, and they have the best flan I have had anywhere. Never had Les Treche, but need to google it and find out what it is, because I am sure I would love it.

Well, off to read some more, and then to bed.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 7, 2013
7:49 PM

Post #9378713

BonnieB, he had chicken salad for lunch and burgers for supper! AND...we already have a "chicken and biscuits" request for dinner tomorrow.
I was going to make it tonight...but I zonked right out.

I am freezing here, I think just over tired, so heading to bed shortly and my electric blanket.

Bonnie, my DM used to make lists in her head...and assume I knew of what she wanted or that she had told me.
Sounds like your Mother is doing something similar. I started filling in a calendar for her (and SF) of "weekly plans" and unless I put it on that
calendar...or there was an emergency...she was pretty good about it. I am sure you remember our Emergency Cracker Barrel runs...chicken and
dumplings...which I loved doing for her.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
3:40 AM

Post #9378841

Good Morning everyone

BonnieB I will keep it simple, I hope. A camera has a number of "film" settings, that it uses to store your picture. Most of the pictures are pre-processed by your camera (developed). The max setting is called "RAW" the camera stores all the information that comes in but does not process it, it leaves the picture in something like a "negative" kind of like in the old film days and it must be "developed" after it is down loaded. I have to "develop" this by deciding how I want the picture to look. I can not post the picture before I do the editing as it is not a real picture yet.Why do I want to use "RAW" if you saw the differences between what the camera "developed" and what I get with "RAW you would understand. Most prof. photographers use "RAW" The only problems is I am still learning how to do this and it takes a good bit of time, specially as I took over 163 pictures

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
5:39 AM

Post #9378896

Good morning,

Apparently it was not a good night for cats, I am cleaning big time this morning.

An unplanned trip to Rochester also, picking DD up from work at 11:30. I get to do it tomorrow also, Tomorrow is a dermatology appt. for 6 month check up.

Enjoy your morning!

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 8, 2013
5:57 AM

Post #9378910

Morning! My cuppa sure is good this morning!

Should call chiro and make an appointment. I just don't want to go anywhere today.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9378943

Good morning, I scheduled a technical call at 10:00 this morning, so have to get the cobwebs out of the brain.

Sandy, I don't understand, but you didn't really expect me to did you? Glad that you have another option available, and that you are beginning to understand it in order to get better pictures.

Off to dress and get ready to face the day!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9379005

Good Morning!

BonnieB - my first job was in Reading, Pa. Its a city by rivers. I would get lost and frustrated and just didn't have it in me to explore like you did. I just gave up and avoided driving new places unless I had to.

Debbie - I wonder what set off the kitty problems? Drive safely

Bonnie - Your DM is going to miss Monique isn't she? I hope you get some rest.

Dianne - smart to put up a motion sensing light. I'm sure the crew will get used to it and calm down.

Well... I think I'm worse today. I as up all night coughing. So much for the heavy duty cough med. I guess it might have been worse w/o it. Who knows. I'm just so sore from coughing & blowing my nose!

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 8, 2013
8:17 AM

Post #9379015

Whoops -- forgot to "watch" this thread.

had dinner with the "in laws' last night... got home about midnight... way past my bedtime.
BUSY day today... I need to 'repack'.
i got everything in "the suck the air out if it" bag -- but I need to remove a few items to 'shuffle' things up a bit as DH and I are using 1 suitcase for the 'over night bag' - for the 2 nights in hotels.
For some reason i initially thought i'd only be one night... what was i thinking.

I'm planning the 'rough route' and i'm thinking we can get to Charleston West Virginia the first night and near Savannah Georgia the second... I'd love to spend a little time in Savannah as I've never been there, and it's only about 4 hrs from New Smyrna. We shall see how things turn out.

I'll drop in later today... have grocery shopping to do to stock up the house for the boys.

OH and so far so good... no cold. Think I skated on this one, as everyone was slightly under the weather since last week...

I do have my EmergenC packed.

BBL
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2013
8:29 AM

Post #9379025

Tam, even the best of the cough syrups don't always completely stop the coughing. That has been one of my issues. Right before I go to bed, I take a Tablespoon of honey, straight from the container, and it sort of coats the throat and it helps to silence the cough for a good while. I have gotten up during the night to do it all over again.

When I was doing the exploring of that city, I was quite a bit younger and undaunted back then. So today would probably be an entirely different story.

Debbie, I don't envy you your job of cleaning after the kitties. I am dealing entirely in heavy church finance today, and filing out year end financial reports, and I will choose my job over yours any day.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9379081

BonnieB - I'll put some honey in the upstairs bath. I did find gargling with salt water helped sore my throat.
Have fun with the finance stuff!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2013
9:47 AM

Post #9379090

I am really frustrated. Their web page is giving me fits. Enter a few numbers, then it will freeze, will have to close it down, reopen it, and sign in, and try again. Grrr. I have used up all of the non cuss words I know. May have to resort to the cuss language before I get this done. Hehe, a certified law speaker, cussing the financial pages of the church!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2013
10:20 AM

Post #9379129

Bonnie B. it is Tres Leche (3 milks) as far as I can tell by looking at recipes...it can be as simple as buying a plain cake and infusing it with the mixture that has the 3 milks..some recipes I have seen call for Rum, while others an orange liquer...
I will invite Phil soon..another reason for having the party is to get the house cleaned..it is at the point where it needs a shovel.
My birthday is March 24th a Sunday this year so I am going to have the party the day before on Saturday night. I have only had creme brulee once, and it was wonderful!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
10:53 AM

Post #9379154

Well, picked up DD from work, and she was upset. The cats pee'd on her new coat...she went to put it on and the urine dripped down her jeans, onto her shoes and the entire issue.

SO, we stop at Kohls and I decided to look at shoes also while DD was. Took off my shoe to try on a pair and almost died. They nailed my shoes also!

I don't know if it is retaliation from me not being home yesterday, or DH being home too much...or what is going on, but it has to stop.

The good thing today, I had answered a trivia question on our "Groomers" web site, and won! So stopped to pick up Izzys "winnings" and set up an appt. for
her grooming next week.

She is happy!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 8, 2013
10:59 AM

Post #9379159

Aw look at that face!! Love the photo!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 8, 2013
11:03 AM

Post #9379161

I bet Izzy is happy!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
11:24 AM

Post #9379179

I am just breaking pieces off of it, she is laying right at my feet, in case I decided to give her another morsel.

Found out we have a new baby on the way, Great nephews GF is in labor. Hopefully little Max will be here today, he is a few weeks early but doctor said should
be a good size.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
12:12 PM

Post #9379206

Debbie - it sounds like you need to make a space that will have the least impact on your possessions and put the cats there when you don't have your eyes on them. That's what we've had to do. Truffles gets teh library & DH made a room in the basement for Fred so both he & Pixel can be in there at the same time. With each in its own space, there is less "retaliation". Certainly you've got to keep your bedrooms & bathrooms all shut to keep cats out.

Melva - You are really thinking about those desserts! Maybe you could try a reduced fat & calorie version of the flan or creme brule?

Check out these recipes:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/caramel_cream_chees
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/cr_me_brul_e.htmle_custard_flan_de_queso.html

Tam

I took a really hot shower, rinsed my nasal passages with saline solution, gargled w/saline and then took a really hot bath. It seemed to help.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
12:21 PM

Post #9379227

Tam, right now I am thinking about putting them ALL in the basement but the kittens. Keep them and Lexi upstairs with those litter boxes. I have yet to see any of them mess. Right now, it seems Daisy and Axl. Dexter got caught with the towels in the bathroom. And Huck seems very territorial around me. He does not like ANY of the other cats on me, especially in my room...he fights them if they get on the bed. I know if I put those 3 in the basement, it will be major fighting all the time.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 8, 2013
1:14 PM

Post #9379278

Afternoon everyone! Weather Liars were up to their usual tricks today and instead of being warm and rainy it is cold and grey out there. The lane is a sheet of ice - quite the tricky ride in and out. I should have trusted my instincts and gone out yesterday. Oh well I got in and out safely and didn't meet anyone on the lane.My goal on the days I do go out is to get in and out before my neighbour who cannot drive the lane goes out. Thank goodness she is not an earlier riser.

Had to go to Foodland for milk and bread and they were telling me very few people have been shopping and those that do come in, rush around and get out in hopes of not catching any germs. The flu bug is so bad here that the grocery store has started to sanitize the carts daily. - that is unheard of and the posting on the sign outside the store you are doing such a thing is even more unheard of in these parts.

"Duh", it just hit me I was in the grocery store and didn't look for those jojos. Dang!! I have a hunger on for them now.

Tam I sure hope this flu bug breaks soon for you.Its hard to be ill when you are used to being healthyl.Have you tried a humbug or horehound candy for your cough and sore throat? I used to get them from the local candyman for my MIL. She had a chronic cough and those 2 hard candies were the only things that gave her some relief. When I take my narcotic cough medicine it takes a few doses before it actually begins to work, so maybe you need to take a couple of doses at night, one 2 - 3 hours before you go to bed and then when you actually do go to bed. Dr Death advised me to do that if my cough is really entrenched. And it sounds like your cough is entrenched!

Debbie I would be screaming blue murder if Streak and Sassy got into a peeing contest. If Warren was here and that happened the cats would be banished to solitary.. He always reminded me that as much as he loved the kits he would not tolerate such behaviour. I so feel for all of you who are experiencing this problem with your kits.

Vicki, hope you are enjoying your day off! You and Ty go out for a walk? Quill, Diesel and I have been out a couple of times today.

BonnieB glad you got all the church paperwork completed. Bad enough when you have troubles doing your own let alone for someone else.

Started the book Concierge Confidential that UPS delivered yesterday. It is really good. And our Bonnie has the inside track on what this author is saying.. The author co-ordinated a first date for a wealthy New Yorker that was arranged by the TV show Millionaire Matchmaker. I have never seen the show but this concierge organized a helicopter ride in a brand new helicopter to the East Hamptons where the couple had lunch between the vines at a vineyard after a personalized wine tasting session.. The concierge was able to get a restaurant that does not do deliveries and does not open for lunch to deliver this lunch. The whole thing cost well over $10,000 but to quote the guy who was having his first date it was worth every cent. Sort of makes a movie and dinner out seem a little mundane doesn't it? Can't wait to read what other magic this concierge can do.

Bonnie how are you doing today? Get any sleep last night? How are the boys settling in?

OK need to go tidy up the kltchen. How the kitchen that only 1 person and 4 furries use gets so messy I have no idea but it does.

BBL
Dianne
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2013
1:43 PM

Post #9379304

Dianne, who said I was through with the church paperwork? I got frustrated and started on something entirely different, so will need to get back to that doggone report.

Tammy, you did everything that I would have done to feel better. I hope that tonight the cough meds kick in and you can sleep uninterrupted.

Debbie, oh, wow, I couldn't stand that peeing. Now every once in awhile, but everyday, and you never know what they are going to target. I don't blame your DD, I would have been in tears. I know cleaning will clean it, but if it was new, she probably won't ever feel the same about the coat.

Melva, I guess the recipes that Tam posted would be much healthier, but on birthdays, I think we are entitled to an extravagance. Oh, dear a reason to clean house. I understand, when I know I am having company, I clean like it has never been clean. Other times, I can sort of wave the dust cloth around the room and call it good. Hehe.

Well, cooking supper, so need to go tend to it. I will be back after the kitchen is cleaned.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
2:26 PM

Post #9379328

Oh I didn't mean INSTEAD of the birthday treat. I meant to tide you over Melva!

Fever is up to 102 today. I made chocolate pudding. Chocolate should help knock this crud out! :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9379353

Chocolate is definitely a good medicinal cure! I happened to find a NEW pudding, Hersheys Chocolate pudding to make at home, haven't tried it yet.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
3:28 PM

Post #9379390

The pudding was so fudgy & thick it was amazing! I almost couldn't eat it all. Definitely not feeling well. lol

The cough meds are to be taken every 12hrs. I didn't take a dose the morning. I'll try again tonight and see how it goes. I just feel worse than ever. Now my ribs are hurting. Sure hope its not pneumonia taking hold! Probably just muscles getting sore from coughing though.

Debbie - good luck with those kitties. Big troubles!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9379411

Tammy, I think you need to go back and have a hot toddy and see if that doesn't make you feel better. Put a crushed clove of garlic in a mug of chicken broth and sip it. I bet you are still overdoing it. If you have a comfortable chair - put your head back and close your eyes and relax. Do you have a heating pad you can put on your chest or back? Have you tried a vaporizer?

Debbie, I think you need to do something drastic before everything you have is ruined. Love the photos! I was at Bed Bath & Beyond after work and they have piggy toys that snort - I couldn't stop laughing. I almost got one for Teddy but didn't.

Wow was I tired at work today - just whipped. I feel a little less tired now.

Our area has had a very bad couple of days. A teenager rode his bike onto one of the larger lakes in the area. he fell throught the ice. His friend tried to save him and they both died. They are still looking for one boy. They were both told my their parents to stay off the lake since it wasn't thick enough.

In another town there was an early morning fire. The wife died in the fire. The husband was being taken to the site for an air lift to St Barnabas. The ambulance driver had a heart attack and crashed the ambulance into a tree off the road. The ambulance almost rolled over. The driver who was a volunteer passed away. They officials are talking about arson.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9379434

I though we had a fire at a neighbors house Dark black bad smelling smoke was coming from their out let.
They had turned on their oil heater. Told them they should turn it off until they could get it checked out as that was not good. Did not do my knees and ankles any good

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
4:23 PM

Post #9379469

Loretta - I have sat with my feet up almost the entire day. The pudding took just 20min. Don't have the energy to make chicken broth and no interest in store bough kind. Soooo much tea w/honey and ice water today I think I'm floating. If I feel this way tomorrow, I may call the doctor again. I do not want to drive in to see him/her again though.

Sandy - that sounds scarey! Was everything OK in the end?

I'm gonna take the cough med and climb into bed.

Good night everyone
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
4:26 PM

Post #9379474

Oh Elsie, that is just so very sad on both accounts! So much sadness going on in many communities. Ours is still doing things for
the Fire Department after the shootings Christmas Eve. One of the firefighters was just released from the hospital a few days ago.
BUT for teenagers, they just think they are invincible.

I made chicken & biscuits for dinner and it turned out really good.

Tam, Elsie is right...the heating pat and garlic & broth sound like a good mix. I think a shot of brandy without the cough syrup might work!

Sandy, that is scary for your neighbors also, hope their house didn't fill with the smoke.

Debbie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
4:28 PM

Post #9379475

Tam, you might want to by-pass any milk products. Happened to think of the pudding being thick like that and making coughing worse. AND...same with ice water. BUT regular water is OK, just not so cold...makes vocal cords tense and cough if I remember correctly. I agree on the call to the doctor...antibiotics should be kicking in at 48 hours.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
4:28 PM

Post #9379476

Loretta- I totally missed the last tidbit. What a bad run for those folks! wow!

Debbie - doing the cough syrup again. If it doesn't do anything again, I'll revisit tomorrow.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
5:17 PM

Post #9379521

They turned it off in time, do not think any of the smoke get into their house but the stink staid in the air around her for a long time.

I have a tipsy dog. I spilled a drink , had to fight with the brat, get most of it up but he did get some of it. He is sleeping!!!

Sandy and the silly dog

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 8, 2013
5:44 PM

Post #9379545

You might get some rest tonight Sandy if Andre' stays asleep!

How is your mouth feeling and your sores?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 8, 2013
6:26 PM

Post #9379572

Sandy, had to giggle with the thought that Andre may have gotten enough alcohol to make him tipsy. You will know what to do to get him to calm down if that is the case. I know, it would be awful to have someone report you for animal abuse, when actually he is enjoying his stupor! I am having one of my weird humor tonight. Oh scary about the neighbor's heater. Hope they turned it off and have it checked before they start to use it.

Tammy, get Gary to drive you into the ER if you aren't any better. It is scary that you are not feeling some better. The news tonight said that people are dying of the flu. You need to get something that makes you feel better. It could be that you need another cough syrup and maybe some iv fluids. The ribs are probably just sore from coughing. It was odd when I had pneumonia last spring, I didn't have a cough at all. Please take this seriously. ((hugs))

Elsie, that would have been so funny to see how Teddy would have reacted to that toy. I bet he would have loved it. I am so sorry to hear that there is so much sadness around you. It is just insane that the boys thought ice was strong enough to hold them. Oh, and the fire and accident. That is so sad too. Sometime when the situation is light, I will tell the story of a friend who had the worst luck with an ambulance ride.

Debbie, what have you done to quarantine the cats? Are they going to the basement tonight? I would try it for several nights to see if it makes any difference. The cats will ruin your house if it goes on much longer.

Dianne, here is hoping that you spent the afternoon sitting and reading. How is Miss Quill doing? Sounds like she is beginning to feel better what with her eating well.

Did vicki check in today? Well, I usually remember by what she had for breakfast!

Bonnie, how are you feeling today? Any news on your tests?

Adina, hope your week is going well. When is it that Andreea and her main squeeze getting married? Hope it goes well. What does Lonut think of this?

Well, I still didn't finish the church reports. That web site just is horrible. I guess I will make another try at it tomorrow.

Talked to DGD tonight, and she is planning on coming down this Friday night. She is driving by herself. I told her to call me when she left home, so that I could sit and worry about her until she got her. She laughed at me, but I know if I know she is on the road, that is what will happen. She said she didn't have much gas, so I am sure that she will expect me to put gas in her car before she starts home on Sunday!.

DH and his friend are leaving on Friday morning for the drive to Syracuse to pick up some horses. I am not going with him, because it will be the drive up (about 12 hours) load the horses, rest a bit and then on the road back home. Not my type of trip. Debbie and Dianne, I will come sometime when I can have time to visit you. Yep, Dianne, I will stop and collec Debbie and we will come to your place for a visit. DH says that is my pipe dreams.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
6:38 PM

Post #9379585

Andre only get a little bit but he is sleeping like a log.
The cold sores are a little better.
The rest of me is also sore. I really need a new chair. I just ordered on, hoping I can get out of it and take the pressure of my knee.

It is not cold and the rest of the week it is going to be in the mid 70's so I do not know why she had it on.

Hoping everyone is feeling better by tomorrow-Tam you need take good care of your self

I am very tire, good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2013
4:16 AM

Post #9379784

Good morning everyone
First night in a long time that I sleep with out waking up a dozen times. Did not wake up even once during the night.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 9, 2013
5:43 AM

Post #9379830

Happy Birthday Sandy. Hope you have a great day, and do only the things that you chose to do.

It is cloudy here with WL predicting rain. Will be inside cleaning, so rain won't bother me!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 9, 2013
6:25 AM

Post #9379858

Morning!

Happy Birthday Sandy! Hope it is a great day for you! I tried posting on your FB page and it won't let me!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 9, 2013
6:50 AM

Post #9379879

Happy Birthday Sandy! Is Andre at the Doggie Day Care? Hope you have a day exactly the way you want it to be.
Dianne
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2013
7:58 AM

Post #9379948

Happy Birthday, Sandy..hope it is a good one.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 9, 2013
8:23 AM

Post #9379978

Happy Birthday Sandy!! I always remember your birthday, same as my DMs.

Long day already and not even Noon yet. Was out of here by 7:30 and to Rochester for appt. Had a "lovely" time at the
dermatologist and am sitting with ice packs. Note the sarcasm.

On a "good note", I have been accepted as a patient at the Cleveland Clinic, they are calling back late afternoon as a possible change, but
right now appt. is for Feb. 11. It is good yet scary.

Tam, how was your night? I do not like not seeing you post this morning and worry...did you end up at hospital or back to doctors?

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 9, 2013
8:31 AM

Post #9379982

Tam, echoing Debbie's concern for you this morning. If at all possible, let us know what is going on. ((hugs)) gentle ones to you.

Debbie, is the appointment for the leg damage that happened during surgery? Sure hope that somebody has some answers for you. While you are there, get everything all checked out. My DTS went about 2 years ago, that is where she was finally diagnosed with fibre myalgia. Not a lot that can be done for it, but at least she finally had it confirmed that there was something wrong, and she wasn't crazy. What about the klddens today?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
8:32 AM

Post #9379984

Good Morning!

Happy Birthday Sandy! I knew your BD was coming up but thought I'd missed it in my delirium! Have a grand day. :-)

Sorry I didn't post sooner. I did get some sleep last night. I got up to gargle in salt water several times. I took an aspirin w/the cough syrup right before I went to bed. I am feeling marginally better. It will be 48hrs since I started teh antibiotics later today so I'm hoping I really will be better later today.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 9, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9380013

Tam,so happy you posted, was getting ready to call out the National Guard!!! Glad you are noticing some improvement. I swear by salt water rinses!

BonnieB, yes for the damage to the nerves. My pain level most days is around a "7" out of 10 and if it is a busy day, just does me in. I hate taking pain meds
so tough it out. The last doctor...and also the lawyers...said I needed to go to Cleveland Clinic. They got my file at 8:30 this morning and by 9:45 I was getting called to schedule an appointment.

Two kitties spent the night in the basement (Axl & Daisy) and there were no spots to clean this morning!! I am getting the cold shoulder big time...and GOOD!!! Daisy is sleeping on computer with back to me. I am fine with that. Axl went up and is sleeping on DH's pillow.

Well, I have a new Great Nephew, arrived at 11;20 p.m. last night, Maximus Julian (seriously) 7lb 1 oz and 21 inches long. He was 2 weeks early but is doing great.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
9:36 AM

Post #9380047

Debbie - I sure hope they can find a solution for your pain! Its promising that they are scheduling you so quickly. Got my fingers crossed. Congratulations on the great nephew! I love the name Max for a boy! Good size for being a little ahead of schedule. Al
so good news on the kitties.

I've been drinking hot toddies w/o the alcohol today. Lots of fresh lemon and some raw honey. They feel good on my throat.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 9, 2013
9:39 AM

Post #9380049

Tam, I think that is a good thing for the throat. Raw honey is a very good "antibiotic" in its own way. Don't over do with your energy today, still rest.

The news here is saying the flu is a "pandemic", About 1,000 cases at Strong and surrounding hospitals just since Christmas, and that doesn't count those
that didn't go to the doctor/hospital for care.

I went by the "Bill Cosby" rule this morning. Had a brownie on my way to the derm appt. (it has eggs, flour and chocolate is very healthy!)

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2013
9:57 AM

Post #9380069

Thanks everyone Only problem is my laptop crashed this morning. Now 200 dollar poorer it is fixed.
Andre is at the kennel
Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
10:00 AM

Post #9380076

Debbie - I think the eggs & chocolate count as healthy. Not so sure about the flour part. :-) I hadn't heard about that Cosby rule but he is a very smart man and that rule makes a lot of sense to me.

My boss sent me an email also saying people are dying from the flu. My doctor said its the secondary infections that are killing people. When you are down, fighting the virus, you are more susceptible to other infection as well.

I'm making a bean soup today. Trying it again w/o the beef stock. I bought some pork hocks & ham when I went to the doctor Mon. I've roasted the hocks and now have them boiling away to make a stock. The beans are soaking. Should be ready to put together in a few hours and eat for dinner.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 9, 2013
10:31 AM

Post #9380108

Tam, this is the stand up of his "chocolate cake". I love this! Saw him in person and he did this, and I about wet myself laughing. He did an amazing show and wasn't so political then. They did this as part of the actual Cosby Show with the kids also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZlCPQur4hc
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 9, 2013
10:48 AM

Post #9380129

Happy Birthday Sandy!! Sorry about your computer but at least you got some sleep.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2013
11:55 AM

Post #9380176

Thanks, the laptop is working great. I rescued a lizard form my room and put it outside. I had ice cream. Now I need to decide where we are going tomorrow. Looks like 40% chance of rain where we had planned on going.
20% chance of rain at 3 of the other possible places we could go. There are a couple of other place but not sure I want to drive 4 hours there and back.

Think it is time for a nap.

Sandy

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 9, 2013
1:06 PM

Post #9380232

Happy Birthday Sandy! Ice-cream sounds good for your birthday!

Thanks everyone for the good wishes for my DD! She's making plans everyday on what to wear, who's going to come at the ceremony etc. She already invited all the family and friends. They are going again at the restaurant on Sunday to check on the menu.

Tam, I hope you are getting your antibiotics too not only the cough syrup. Debbie gave you such good advice, no ice water, please!You need to drink lots of hot linden tea with honey and lemon. You got that right, the ribs might hurt from too much coughing. Your syrup must make you feel sleepy from the codeine, so don't fight it, just sleep as much as you can. I hope you feel better soon.

BonnieB, we're mostly orthodox in Romania, but some are catholics and other religions, but not so many. I'll keep you posted when my article is published. Ionut feels OK about Andreea getting married to the jerk as long as they are getting along...which has happened so far, so all is good for now.

Debbie, good news about Paul's polips! I hope he feels better soon. Poor Shannon, I feel for her! Izzy is such a cutie in that picture!

Waving to all, sorry I can't comment more. I have been feeling tired today, maybe because it was freezing outside, but warm and cosy inside. It was also very busy at work. Talk to you tomorrow. Stay safe everyone!

Adina

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 9, 2013
1:26 PM

Post #9380251

Adina, my doctor I am seeing in Ohio is from Romania...he must be good, right?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
1:42 PM

Post #9380266

Sandy - glad the laptop is working! Ice cream sounds wonderful. We did not get the weather promised here. Dreary, cold and grey all day.

Adina - yep. Taking antibiotics as well as the cough meds (at night). I switched to just cold water. And mostly hot tea with lemon & raw honey. I can't BELIEVE how long this is going on!

Debbie - must be a great doctor!

The chickens loved the fat from the pork hocks I roasted & then boiled to make stock. But I did not see the little white rooster. Gary said the other 6mo old roo was bothering him yesterday but I was too sick to catch him. I'm hoping to have enough energy to get him tonight. And then we'll be done with the excess roosters for another year & I won't have to worry about the ones I have.

Tam

PS: I think I could give any of your DHs a good run for the money with the whining about my illness... don't you? :-)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 9, 2013
2:15 PM

Post #9380287

Tam you are NOT even close!!! You are truly sick...and there fore whining is allowed. The DH's...eahh, not so sure.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
2:47 PM

Post #9380330

LOL Debbie. Good.

The little white rooster was in the barn eating when everyone else had roosted for the night. I guess he wasn't able to eat during the day since his son was after him. So... the 2nd mean son is not gonna be with us much longer. DH said he'd "take care" of him if I caught him and put him in a box. (We're whimps. We drive the rooster to a power station about 5mi from here, let 'em loose and the local wildlife gets a treat.)

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2013
3:23 PM

Post #9380361

Look like I might survive this crazy day. The lizard that scared my twice was caught and released. Was going to take some sunset pictures and the clouds zoomed in.

We plan on going to Tallahassee instead of Orlando.

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 9, 2013
3:42 PM

Post #9380384

Debbie, good news about the Cleveland Clinic. I hope they can get you some answers.

Regarding the flu. Dr. Debbie may have said this already but the officials are saying the huge problem is the secondary illnesses from the flu. Many places have set up new clinics just to issue flu shots.

On a whole other note... Most of you know I work for a magazine publishing company. I got a voice mail late today - " I got my mansion but not the elevator." I'm blamed for everything.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
5:10 PM

Post #9380484

OMG those poor people! lol

Loretta - my Dr said the flu shot is not a match for the virus going around so I'm not so sure its gonna help a lot. He also said its the secondary infections that kill, not the flu.

Well... DH is off with the little roo for his relocation. It was a huge hassle this time. They all got in a tizzy when I turned on the lights and I had to give up. Waited an hour & went out a flashlight. I had to tape the box shut 'cause he was awfully fiesty. I bet the flock is just gonna be so much happier once they calm down.

I took my cough medicine & will be heading off to bed soon.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday Sandy!

Good night everyone
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 9, 2013
5:42 PM

Post #9380512

Good night.

I am going to call it a night

Sandy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 9, 2013
6:01 PM

Post #9380533

Tammy so very happy to read that you seem to see a tiny bit of improvement today. I have a feeling it will be several days before this passes and several more after that before your energy begins to return. If you push it, you will have a relapse. Tam, your soup sounds yummy. I have all the makings for another corn soup, but cannot for the life of me find the time to make it. I served it the first night DD and family arrived for the Christmas holidays. Though I do not recall DSIL complimenting me directly on the soup, I did hear him exclaim as though talking too himself, “This stuff is delicious.”

Debbie I am having a problem with Swiper peeing on a 6x9 rug in my bathroom and on one of the beds. I can close off the bedroom, but the litter boxes are in my bathroom. I replaced the rug once only to have him pee on this one, too. I will have to throw it away and not use a rug in that room.

Happy Birthday Sandy. We will have to celebrate when you and mom are here on the 17th to meet Terese. Can anyone else come to the Shores on Jan 17th? Terese, Sandy, Pat (Sandy's mom) and I are going to meet here, go to lunch, and then come back here for dessert.

Dianne glad you made it to the store for provisions with any mishap. Don’t know how you drive on that ice. Are you cooking a little for yourself these days?

Melva is this a special milestone birthday? Aren’t the three milks condensed milk, ½ and ½, and whipping cream, sweetened ,flavored and poured over a sponge cake? Love that you are planning so far in advance.

BonnieB, I had a mess of papers all over my dining room table for two days. Man oh man, did I hate that!!! I managed to get my bills paid and other items handled and separated into appropriate catagories of those to be filled and those requiring further action. I have to write paper checks for DM’s bills until I get back to Katy and set up online bill pay. It seems Compass bank is not established in this area. I have four dates scheduled with my professional organizer while I am back in Katy. Still have property and Federal taxes to pay. Arrrrrggggggh!

I also rental a mini storage unit today although it is not so mini - 10x15, climate controlled. This place came highly recommended by one of my neighbors here in the bldg. It is only 12 minutes away, but has never flooded. The only climate controlled units they had were 8x8 or 10x15. I knew 8x8 would be too small.. Elaine is coming on Friday to take down Christmas and get all the boxes and bins out of my closets and into the new storage unit. I go to Katy Jan 18 - Feb 3 to initiate the process of getting DM’s house ready to sell. I found out I am allowed to have an Estate Sale in my development. That will be a big help. May have to go back a second time for the actual sale.

Mom’s two cats got loose on New Year’s Eve at the ALF. They were able to get Dolly back into the room by the next day, but Princess was on the lamb for two days. They finally found her lounging in the “model” room on the bed. I have never found out how they got her back to mom’s room as she is the cat no one can pick up. The pet sitter I hired for them quit. I now have both of them trained to used a gravity kibble feeder and an automatic scooping litter box. I still have not trained DM to keep water in their water bowl, but, as much as I hate it, they can drink out of the toilet. Yesterday I took mom out to the cardiologist then shopping at the big sale at Coldwater Creek and to Bonefish Grill for dinner. She ate 6 or 8 shrimp as an appetizer, and entire 6oz. Filet, a complete serving of au gratin potatoes, a couple pieces of warm French bread, and a hot brownie dessert with ice cream and whipped cream. Then proclaimed she thought she had died and gone to Heaven with the shopping and the meal.

I asked the cardio to check my pulse. I know it had been irregular for the past two weeks. He slotted me in for a pacemaker check this morning at the Shores office which is two blocks from my condo. The pacemaker is working fine. My heart is adding extra beats on the bottom and pausing briefly other times. The pacemaker tech did not seem alarmed. I see the cardio on Jan 16th. I see Dr Wahba for sleep study results on Jan 14th. No, I am not sleeping well at all. Lymphedema is getting away from me. Overwhelmed! Judy put to bed and on new BP meds. Her BP was 220/90 and higher yesterday.

Well I just wrote a Novella. Sorry. Better say goodnight.

Bonnie

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 9, 2013
6:59 PM

Post #9380565

No, Bonnie, don't worry about the length of your post. You got us all caught up, and you have been pretty absent lately with all you have to take care of. Thanks for that news. So glad that your DM sounds like she is pretty satisfied with the ALF. Well not having the pet sitter is not a huge inconvenience, if the cats are getting fed and have access to water, and the litter box, what more is there to do? I know scooping, and a fresh water bowl for starters, but they are survivors and will learn to make do with what is available.

Tammy, please stay inside and rest. I shuddered to hear you were out in the barn making sure you caught the rooster, but you really must stay inside and REST! Just because you start to feel a bit better dosn't mean that you actually are better. Several years ago I had the flu, and didn't follow Dr's orders, and relapsed. You don't want to know about that, as it was way worse than the actual flu. And no, you are in no way being compared to the DH's. It is a different kind of complaining. The DH's complain to get attention, and that is NOT what you are doing. Since you are so seldom sick, you are due some complaining.

Elsie, I am so disappointed in you and your job performance. I certainly would have thought that you would have included the elevator with that mansion. Sheesh, can't get good help now a days! Guess we are gonna have to bust you back to only peddling cottages with stairs for awhile until you are contrite over your error!

Adina, orthodox ??? Guess I am going to have to study other world religions. Here we have so many denominations, Catholic, presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Christian, penticost, jewish, Jehovah Witness, Seventh Day Adventist. Glad that the wedding plans seem to be coming together.

Debbie, I am glad that you are going to get an appointment at the Cleveland Clinic. Will you have to travel to Cleveland? They do have other locations for the clinics.

Dianne, what have you been up to today? Hope some of your ice is leaving.

Sandy, be careful driving tomorrow, and have fun and I am hoping for great pictures tomorrow. Glad you got the laptop fixed.

Bonnie, at this time, I am not even sure that I will make it to Florida this year. DH had a trip planned to go to New York, but was postponed because of the fella who really knew where they were supposed to go is down with the flu. So that trip will have to happen before we can plan on Florida. Talked to my DTS tonight, and she and her DH bought a house. They will close on it next week, so they have been busy buying furniture, and trying to coordinate the switching of the utilities, arrange delivery dates for the furniture etc. They bought a foreclosure in Port Charlotte, just about 8 miles south of where they are renting in englewood. She sent me a link to look at it, and it seems to be a very nice 2 bedroom house. They sold a large farm in their home county right before they left for Florida, so guess it was either pay Capitol Gains tax or reinvest. I know that if I had anything to do with it, I would buy a car and keep there, so that I could fly back and forth, and forget about all that driving.

Terese, happy trails to you. Hope that you are packed and ready to leave at a moment's notice. Keep in touch.

Vicki, was today your day off? Still working on that back room? I cleaned today. DH did the vacuuming for me, but I did everything else. Plus laundry. I took all the decorative pillows from both beds, and put their removeable covers in the laundry, so they are all back on the beds. I need to find some new throw rugs for my little bathroom, they have been washed too many times, and the backing is coming off. DH was cleaning the light fixture over the dining room table, dropped one of the globes and broke it. That is not going to be a cheap item to replace. I think the last time I had to replace a globe it was $30 or so and that was about 10 years ago. So I am counting on it being double. May be cheaper to replace the whole light fixture. It is a fixture that has 5 lights, brass and wood with each having a tall globe. pretty, but if it is going to be very expensive, I sure can get another fixture.

Well, Bonnie, my post may be longer than yours, but just trying to catch up!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 9, 2013
7:41 PM

Post #9380597

Not a milestone birthday, next year will be, when I turn 60..Tres Leche cake from what I can tell is the milk mixture added to cake..not sure if it has to be a sponge cake..

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 10, 2013
12:07 AM

Post #9380670

Good morning! It was freezing this morning when I started the car...brrrr! It's good they forecasted warmer temps starting today. I saw a forecast for the first 3 months of this year and they said it'll be normal, even warmer than usual temps, not too much snowing or any blizzard...that is for our part of the country which is the southern. In the north they're having very bad weather, lots of snow and blizzard blowing for days. It's the 3rd blizzard they've had so far this winter...scary!
This morning when I opened the gates to leave for work, the doggies came inside, but then got out of the yard...only Rita wanted to stay, so she's there right now. Cici is still on "staycation" and I wonder if he will figure out that it's a dog in our yard!LOL

Bonnie, good news about the pacemaker working well! I hope you feel better with all the things going on right now for you. So nice of you to take DM out...I would have also felt like in Heaven!LOL I never heard of those devices for kitties, so cool! Please take care of you and remember to rest. I hope you can sleep well soon, that makes me worried about you!

Debbie, I'm sure the Romanian doctor is good! So many good doctors have left to other countries to earn more money and live a better life! Congrats for the new Great Nephew! I'm glad to hear Paul has a good appetite.

Loretta, you should have sent the elevator to those poor people!LOL

BonnieB, orthodox is Christian. We also have most of those religions you wrote about, but in small communions. You seem very much like me, I also don't like to go out much.

Sandy, can't wait to see your pics!

Tam, I'm glad you are good and are taking your meds. I can't imagine how you have cooked the pork meat! I remember when I had what you have now, many years ago, about 30...big tonsils and had to have shots as there weren't so many antibiotics back then. I had 20 penicilin shots and I remember I could barely climb the stairs because of the pain in my ...ss!LOL I had only 3 call-in sick days, then back to work. The nurse from work was making me the shots...grrrr! What I wanted to say is that I didn't have the taste or the smell of food and I mostly ate just to have something in my stomach. I had to cook stuffed cabbage pork for Cici and it was so hard, almost made me throw up.

Dianne, I hear you, I know now how is it to live in the countryside, especially in winter! Last winter the garbage truck didn't came for 2 weeks, same as the mailman. Good news that Quill wants to eat! I saw a movie which had a similar subject, very nice.

Melva, I had to go and check the Tres leche cake recipe I have from Bonnie because you made me crave for it!LOL

Have to go, Talk to you later.

Adina

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013
1:52 AM

Post #9380683

Good morning everyone

Looks like the trip is off as it is do to rain in all but one of the places, I have to check on the other one but do not really want to to go to that one as it is way to much walking. This morning the weather report for all but that one is 50% so that is to far to drive to not get anything.

Oh well maybe it is best that I stay off my leg.

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
2:21 AM

Post #9380690

Been up since 4am eastern -- 6 hrs of sleep last night after too many hrs in teh car after 5.5 hrs of sleep.

feel a slight bit of the crud creeping in, want to find a pharmacy this morning [i have no idea where my EmergenC is ]... DH is sick as a dog.
wondering what happened to that Walgreens on every corner,... the nearest one is 5 miles away.

We are in Charleston WV making our way to Savannah - 512 miles away...

gonna hop in the shower...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013
3:20 AM

Post #9380716

Do not tell anyone but might be able to do the trip tomorrow. Weather looks much better then

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
5:39 AM

Post #9380768

What is this creeping crud? I woke up with a stuffy head, and I wake to see Terese & her DH are getting it also.

I know if I do end up with it, it was from the hospital or Walmart last night as cashier was sick.

Another day of running. Going to my SILs house to give her Christmas gifts and have lunch. I do not do
this often, she is trying to get gossip information no doubt.

Going for coffee...

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013
5:53 AM

Post #9380774

Good morning. It is overcast and we have a forecast of rain. Doesnt matter what the weather is, off to the grocery. DS is going with me. Glad that I will have him along to help lift the 50 lb sack of dogfood that DH ordered!

Oh, Terese, I so hope that you can get something that will make both of you feel better. That is no way to start a vacation. Feel better quickly.

Tam, hoping that you are better this morning. The news is full of stories about people who have the flu and the ER's are overrun with people seeking help.

Adina, okay, just wanted to make sure I understood. Hope that Rita is content to be in the yard and that Cici knows she is there. Your "sick story" sounds horrible. Going to work when you are so ill, gosh, I may have been fired.

Melva, every birthday is a milestone. You lived another year!

Sandy, there will be other days, but it is disappointing to have to cancel plans.

Off to the grocery maybe get home BEFORE it starts to rain.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
6:27 AM

Post #9380797

Good Morning!

Melva- as Adina hinted, don't let Bonnie's modesty fool you. She's made it before. Remember when she shared the process of making a tres leches cake with her DGD last year I believe? Maybe you could get her recipe and make it yourself?

BonnieB - believe me, I will not relapse from taking 5 min to catch a rooster. I think people make a mistake by not moving at least a little when sick. I'm not doing anything even remotely close to strenuous.

Adina - I don't think I've ever taken so much sick time in my whole career! Today will be 6 days. I'm gonna log in and do a little 'cause I have to in order to keep a few projects going. But my boss sent me an email saying he expects me to take the entire week off so I will get better.

Bonnie - loved getting caught up with you. The storage locker will be very handy. You might want to make a little map as you put things into it to help find them when its time to retrieve them. And Wow - your mom sure did eat a lot for such a tiny person! I hope she doesn't regret eating that much. Oh my Judy's blood pressure was so so high she was at risk for awful things!

Terese - be sure you & your DH are safe driving!

Sandy - YEAH! I hope the weather stays clear so you can do what you'd like to do.

Loretta - I hope you don't forget to install the elevators today!

Dianne - I woke up to Scriocco chomping on her kibble. We're gonna have to weigh her to see how she is doing.

Debbie - how did the kiddens do overnight last night? Hoping the confinements strategies are working.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9380809

Tam, there was no confinement last night (I couldn't catch the little snot Daisy). BUT no issues this morning when I got up. She won't let me touch her now,
holding a grudge. I am trying to come up with a plan, but it will require moving (or removing) furniture. Putting the offenders in the downstairs bathroom and also in Izzy's old crate with litter boxes and leaving them in there. My problem is...selfish. I can't sleep without Huck on me!

Well, I thought my brand new coffee pot was dead. I got about a 1/2 cup water in the bottom of the pot and was ????? what happened? SOMEONE got
distracted by a red cardinal and forgot to put water in the back of the pot! Ooops!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9380822

Debbie - I would trade sleep to avoid cat pee. And those cardinals aren't all that shiney either. lol

Terese - I managed to not pick up your DH is so sick! Not good at all. I would be rethinking the trip and looking at the miles to get back home about now.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
7:39 AM

Post #9380873

Tam, Cardinals fall under the "OHHHH look a bird" distraction instead of "oooooh, shiny!" ROFL

Well I took a spill this morning, tried to walk out into the yard on top of the snow, to fill the bird feeders! Thankfully the snow padded my fall but getting up
was quite comical. DH had plowed a path for me, but with the snow melting...its just rather slick. Just a bit wet...but I did carry on and fill the feeder! lol

Terese, I am with Tam on this one, I would turn around and go back to bed! I know traveled a ways, but this seems to be lasting two weeks. No doctors
on your path but Urgent cares. Good luck, and rest whenever you two can!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 10, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9380898

Morning! The kids came out and are outside as they plan on doing some target shooting. Then visit. Which is fine with me as I was cleaning the refridgerator. Found a few Science projects.

Terese I won't say anything except rest and medicate if possible. Be careful.

Tam I take you are feeling a bit better today? I am a big baby when sick. I don't want to do anything. Unless I am home alone and have no choice.

Bonnie you are still way busy. I can't believe what your mom ate. Now did the cat sitter quit because of mom or the cats? I would never be organized enough to make a map of the storage shed but it is a good idea.

Deb so glad there were no accidents last night. Are you okay from your fall? I know you had to feed the birds. I filled my feeders the other day. Yesterday was so windy I wonder how much feed got blown out. Loved the coffee story.

Elsie loved the elevator story. By the way is it installed yet? It is almost Friday for you guys.

BonnieB I work Wed. thru Sunday. Unless the Boss has something come up then it might be a bit different. Are you back from shopping yet? Where is supper going to be at?

Adina it is different living in the country isn't it? But I would still rather live here then in town. Maybe closer to town when I get older. LOL Hope Andreea has a happy marriage and all works out for them. Keep us updated on the wedding plans.

I had better go and finish the fridge. Have the crispers to clean yet. Then I am done.

Ty is depressed as they didn't take him with!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9380929

**typing on my phone... At Hooters in Rock Hill SC... Se have so many plans, so no turning back. Found a Kmart and stocked up. Il hoping I can nip this before it really bits. -- lunch is Server.. lite salas for me.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013
9:45 AM

Post #9380989

Back from the grocery. I do so much better when I go alone. DS was piling things in the cart, and I thought I would be paying for it, but when we got to check out, he was buying for his uncle. Wish he had told me that first then I wouldn't have had to be conservative, or as conservative.

Terese, I know that you have many plans, but if you both get sick, you may find yourselves in a hotel room, sick and nobody to take care of you. Just use common sense!

Tammy, I didn't mean to fuss at you, but sometimes what we consider not doing much, is at the same time something that doesn't need to be done at least then. If you have to go outside, be sure to wear a coat, and don't just think I am only going to be a minute and not put one on..

Debbie, good news that no peeing last night, and your plan sounds like a good one too. May have some unhappy little kiddens, but they will get over it.

Elsie, be sure to test that elevator before signing off on it. Don't want to get in trouble by saying it is okay when you are not sure!

Need to finish putting away the groceries.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013
10:56 AM

Post #9381043

Quite day here, have tried to keep off my feet as much as possible, keep telling DM that we are going to be in trouble if I have to have surgery on that old left knee. I have been putting ice packs on it today and I hate cold.

I have not forget about the calenders but between the need to stay off my feet and trying to get them to print better it will be next week before I can print them.

If the weather report is good tomorrow we are going on our trip. I chose the smallest garden to keep the walking down. Plus at this one the paths are to rough so DM will stay in the car and I will not have to push the wheelchair.

It is way to quite around here

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
11:26 AM

Post #9381069

Sandy - I went back to see if I missed something but no...I don't see you saying anything earlier about your knee. Did something new happen or are you just making sure you are good to travel?

BonnieB - I had to send an apology to my mom for being short with her after she fussed about me going back to the doctor. Sorry to you as well. I am just not a good sick person. :-) I did wear a coat and was good when I went outside. The barn is
really just a few steps from teh house so it wasn't much of a trek anyway. But thank you for your fussing - I know it means you care.

Debbie - now that doesn't sound fun... taking a spill onto the cold hard ground. I don't care if there was snow - its still cold and does not really provide much cushion! Though the birds are very happy you braved on.

Vicki - yes. I think I am actually feeling a bit better. The cough is just killing me but I have a little bit of energy. I have been working in the office all day. I told the guys I'd attend a conf call to take notes but had no voice to run it. Enjoy the clean fridge and visit with your DS & DDIL! Does Ty get to go out with them?

Terese - be sure you don't skimp on sleep! I swear that's a huge part of staying or getting healthy!

Bonnie - OK. I wouldn't be organized enough to map out the storage locker either but it did sound good when I typed it. :-)

And now... for the best news we've had in this household in weeks... Scirocco has gained 0.4lbs! She's back to 6.8lbs. Woo Hoo! She was not happy to be snatched for her spot in the sunshine but we are thrilled.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 10, 2013
11:31 AM

Post #9381071

Tam that is good news! Give her a hug and tell her to keep eating!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
11:54 AM

Post #9381086

Tam, that is very good news! Maybe that little roo was harassing her too!

Went to my SILs and we shared a sub, but my stomach has been so upset since. Thought I was going to have to pull over on way home and find a tree!!! Some
times I really dislike these country roads. I am wondering if it was the green tea that did it, I don't usually drink it.

She did give me a beautiful gift though, a Rooster (imagine that) candle/tart burner from Yankee Candle. I love it!

Going to rest for a bit...I feel a nap sneaking up

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013
11:55 AM

Post #9381088

Tam it went out a few days ago. Very very painful to walk and even at night I can not get it to stop hurting. Get very little sleep last night. Done not help that do to the cold sores I have not been able to go to the pool.Did not want to complain but DM is refusing to understand that I have a problem (?)

I really need to get some pictures as I am starting study group over on the new site. And I need some pictures that show examples of exposure and for that I need some pictures taken in the sun.

Sandy
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 10, 2013
12:27 PM

Post #9381119

Woo hoo for Scirocco!! Right up there with Quill starting to eat kibble out of her bowl not my hand. Whew - we so worry about our furry friends, don't we?

Didn't have to worry about what to cook for Frank as I had a massive dizzy spell about 45 min after he arrived. I had to go to bed it was so bad. So he ended up making his own dinner, reading in front of the wood stove with Diesel coming out periodically to check on him. I was mortified. Thank goodness Frank is such a good friend and did his best to make me feel at ease. It was exactly a month since I had the last major spell and this is the worst one I have had since September. Yesterday I got the result of my Dec. MRI. It was a good news/ bad news result The good news is the tumour on the pit gland has not grown any more than it had when I had my MRI 6 months ago. The bad news is there doesn't seem to be any indication of what is causing these dizzy spells. I emailed my Endo doc this morning and am waiting for her to call me back. Diesel was just a pistol yesterday until the dizziness hit me. It was like a light switch was flipped. He immediately settled right down and stood guard by me all night. I have the infection back in my upper left side of my mouth, so I am wondering if what I have been asking any doc that I have seen if this infection could be the cause of the dizziness.Not 1 doc would answer that question other than Dr Death gave me a stronger antibiotic in Nov. that I thought had completely cleared up the inflection. I am so frustrated and upset by all of this and why there are no answers,. Vicki you have mail!

Tam hope you felt even better as today goes by. Your poor little rooster. I wondered how he would fare. It has been my experience that once a of the birds has shown blood the others will gang up on him. Poor little guy. Chickens are worse than people when it comes to bullying. Tam, you and Gary are not the first to 'relocate' a problem bird or animal.Warren's Pal Care doc was telling us they were having a problem with squirrel where they lived in London Ont. The captured the 2 squirrels and relocated them about a mile from their house. The 2 of them found their way back. They had marked the squirrels so they knew they were 'theirs'. They recaptured the pests and her husband took them where he worked and let them loose - he worked about a 90 min drive from home and she was pleased to say the squirrels never returned.

Bonnie I will be waiting to hear the results of your sleep study. So glad to read you and your mother had what sounded like a pleasant day out.

Sandy how goes your day now? Bet you are missing Andre.

Your lunch sounded good Terese. Do you stay at a place where you can cook or do you eat out every day? Hope you don''t get what our Tam is suffering from.

Debbie did the Clinic call you back? I can understand why you would be nervous and fearful about the upcoming appointment. I would be too. Miss Izzy still enjoying her prize?

BonnieB I always spent more when Warren went shopping with me but he was an excellent food shopper. He would comb the ads before we went shopping - heavens he even made a list.

Time now for me to get off of the computer - no point in aggravating the dizziness when I know looking up and down does just that.
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
12:41 PM

Post #9381129

Looks like the appt. is Feb. 11th at 8:00 a.m. at the Clinic. Have to go to Ohio branch for this one. We have a satalite in Rochester, but it is the heart department.
After having initial there, they can always refer me to someone in Rochester for follow up.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
1:05 PM

Post #9381146

Oh pooh on DS & DDIL for not taking Ty out with them.

Dianne - did I share that one of the women I work with in Ca had some serious vertigo issues and found it was an bone infection

Thank goodness Gary doesn't mind running out often. I swear I think of something I need minutes after he leaves for the store.

My fever has not gone away & this cough is killing me. I think I'm where BonnieB was a week ago.

I'm on mute on a conf call that is just going no where. I may just drop off 'cause I am feeling worse by the second.
Tma

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
1:06 PM

Post #9381148

We are settled in our hotel near Savannah, GA
DH said he could have driven another 3 hrs ... we left at 6:45 this morning.
I told him i was glad we stopped as now we have time to rest and get a good nights sleep.
I did manage at least an hour nap in the car.

I'm feeling pretty good right now, the tiniest of mild headache, but that's about it.
I bought Zicam [I think i saw Debbie mention it before] - i've been taking it about every 3 hrs
plus had 3 EmergenC's

DH got a few things too, and he said he's feeling better ... he has already been battling a mild version of a "cold" for about 4 days ... his is now more in the chest.. .with the 'gunk' loosening up.

Tomorrow should be a nice short day.. i think just under 4 hrs. [250 miles]

Tam - great news about the weight gain!!

Dianne -- so sorry to hear of your spell. Good news on the MRI but wish they could figure out why you get so dizzy. Is it like vertigo? DH's is more of an 'imbalance' - though he will get the spins a few times a year. They feel the cause of his is 'damaged hair follicles in the ear'
they figure he must have had an inner ear virus at one point that did the damage... the hairs do not grow back, so the condition is not curable/reversable.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013

Post #9381172

Well, I had a little nap and feel much better, not that I am sick, just sort of tired.

Sandy, think it was you who asked, we are going to DH's cousin's house for supper tonight. She called and asked what I would like to eat, well I eat most anything, but the wildlife. She is cooking rabbit for the men. I just don't do that at all. And it has nothing to do with me having a pet rabbit, like Debbie does. Sorry your knee is hurting so bad.

It is raining here, and just a mess. Wish we could just stay in, but we accepted this invitation about a week ago.

Terese, glad to hear that you are feeling better. If your DH has the chest stuff, Mucinex is what he needs to take in order to cough it up. The Ziacam is good.

Tammy, great news on Scirroco gaining weight, not much, but that is huge.

Debbie, sorry about the fall. I hope that you won't have too many bruises tomorrow.

Need to head to get dressed. Will check in when we are home again.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013

Post #9381174

Dianne talk to your dentist!!! Back when I was having balance problems it turned out to be one of my teeth, there was no pain in the tooth but it caused a infection in my sinus and I would fall over with out warning. Once the tooth was pulled the problem went away.

I am enjoying the peace and quite, just wish I could send DM off some where

sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
1:52 PM

Post #9381192

I've been catching up on the reading i missed the past 2 days...
DH is snoring away... he's been a sleep for a while now.

probably take a pass on dinner... though i was hoping for some good seafood.
there is a Wendy's 2 doors down... DH commented on a Frosty. guess i can have another salad.

OH Debbie -- sorry to hear of the slip and fall.. been there done that, once - one right after the other... slipped on icy asphalt, got up and fell again. not pretty. Glad to hear of no 'incident' last night...

Bonnie -- glad to hear you had a good outing with DM, and wow, that was some dinner... I just love BoneFish.

~~ Gonna lay down a bit as long as DH is sleeping...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013
2:54 PM

Post #9381239

OH ANDRE IS IN TROUBLE AT THE KENNEL!!! LOL!!!!
He opened 3 gates and get a bag of milk bones biscuits. The kennel owner was only out a few minutes signing in a new dog. When she went back in and caught him she says that he had such a funny look on his face of. "I'm busted" LOL
I told her she now knows what I go through with the brat.

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
3:03 PM

Post #9381244

oh now he's blown his cover as that angelic dog his owner keeps lying about. lol Busted!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 10, 2013
3:09 PM

Post #9381251

Oh Debbie I just now went back and caught up on the thread. I am so sorry that you fell and sure know how you feel. Hope you aren't too badly bruised and in more pain than usual. My bruises are now that yucky yellow/green colour so they should soon be gone.

Did something stupid yesterday and it is going to take me days to clean up after myself. I brought the big shop vac up the stairs so I could use it upstairs. This little Dirt Devil that I have just does not do the job - perhaps I will be looking into the vacuum Terese got for Christmas this week. Anyway this shop vac is called R2D2 because it is so big. Just as I got it to the hearth of the woodstove it dropped out of my hand, the top flew off and I ended up with dry wall and plaster dust,kitty litter, cat and dog hair plus tons of wood ash everywhere. The ceiling fans were on so the dust and debris went everywhere. And I mean everywhere upstairs. I had to have 2 showers to get all the dust out of my hair. It is going to take a lot of elbow grease to get all this mess cleaned up completely. My cleaning lady had her baby Jan 2 - after 24 hours of hard labour they ended up doing a C section, but Henry David is here all 7lb11oz of him. I jokingly asked her when she wanted to come back to work and to my amazement she said if things keep on going as good as they are now she will return in Feb. I will be the only one she is starting back with and it is only because she lives just down the lane. It is a nice break for both of us when she is here plus as a bonus I have a clean house.

Tam how are you feeling tonight? Maybe you are going to have to call your doc back even if just to ease your mind.Are you using cough drops?If so what kind?

So BonnieB do you take your own dinner or will the hostess have something else for you to eat? Personally I love rabbit but I think it is I revel in the memories that roast rabbit conjures up in my mind. We always had it for dinner on New Years Day. I have no idea if that is some old Welsh custom or not. My mam had several New Years Welsh customs that she strictly adhered to.

Pups and kits have eaten so I think I will tackle the baked potato I cooked for myself.

BBL. I hope.
Dianne

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 10, 2013
3:50 PM

Post #9381338

Dianne -- I forgot to comment on hotels/rooms with kitchens...

while we are on the road 2 days on each end of our stay, we eat out. The hotels offer a free continental breakfast, other than that, we eat out.

in the weeks of our bouncing around down in Florida, we will have kitchens so we can cook. Most places are just like apartments, 2 bed 2 bath, washer & Drier with full kitchen.

Took a long nap, about 90 minutes i think -- did go to Wendy's, i left unsatisfied... I should have had a burger... DH's looked so good. This place must have really been 'off their game' tonight... very slow, messing up orders... we had to wait about 15 min past our meal to get our Frosty's.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013
3:50 PM

Post #9381339

Tammy, I wonder if you need to call the doc back. I sure hope you feel better soon.

Terese, so glad you feel better - hope DH feels better.

Dianne, sure hope one of the docs can get you an answer. What a PIA about the vacuum.

Debbie, I hope you feel better. I thought falling down was my job.

Vicki, how could they not take Ty out?

Sandy, I hope your knee feels better. It's not fun at all.

BonnieB, have a nice time out tonight.

Bonnie, that sounds like a really nice day out. Your DM sure does have a healthy appetite. Have you found a new doctor? How is Patty doing after her surgery?

I have talked to some real wack jobs at work. The woman who called yesterday was calling about her doll house mansion that was supposed to include an elevator. I finally got her DH on the phone and told him she called the wrong company. DUH

I'm heating up a pizza in the oven. I came home this afternoon and Chloe walked right out of the door.

I have a new guilty pleasure on TV - Duck Dynasty on A&E.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9381350

Dianne - that sounds like something I would do! So sorry to hear about the mess. I asked DH to pick up some cough drops - lemon/honey. He got lemon/honey/echinacea. I don't think anything is gonna calm this cough. I cough at night while on the perscription med.

OK - I figured it was Welsh Rarebit that would be your custom Dianne. lol I always that thought was made with rabbit.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9381355

cross posted w/you Loretta. Do it was a doll house mansion that was missing the elevator! Whew! Glad to hear no real rich people had to use the stairs do to that mistake! lol I hate to call the doctor - what can they do at this point? Its probably a virus if the antibiotics aren't knocking it out. I did cancel my plans for Sat.

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013
4:23 PM

Post #9381379

Tammy, my college roommate made Welsh Rarebit - yummy. The cough med has an antihistamine in it - I wonder if it is just not the right combo. It has a good review on drugs.com but maybe it's not the one for you. You should be able to get a cough med that works. Just my 2 cents.

It's a da#n shame that a doll had to walk up and down the mansion's stairs. Just a shame.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 10, 2013
6:31 PM

Post #9381530

Whew, elsie, I am so glad that it was a doll house that was missing the elevator. Now who in their right mind would ever complain about a doll house elevator missing? I think I just answered my own question, "right mind" being the key words. Some people need more productive things to do with their time!

Tammy, I would call the Dr and see if there is any other cough syrup that he can prescribe for you. I know that there are some that will knock you out and that seems like what you need for a night or two.

Sandy, hehe, glad the kennel owners discovered that Andre is a Houdini. Wonder if you could work with him and change his facial expression, he so gives himself away.

Terese, Wendy's is one restaurant that I cannot eat at. They have something in their burgers that I guess I am alergic to. Hot and Juicy their motto takes on a new meaning when I eat there!

Dianne, gee bet you were surprised when the top flew off that vacuum. I can only imagine the mess. It sure sounds like something that I would do. I would probably just sit down and laugh first and then mutter to myself how dumb a trick that was. No the hostess tonight made baked pork chops for me and her. They were good, but honestly I am a much better cook! I can eat just about anything, but don't feed me Peter cotton tail or Bambi.

Well, one of the oldest members of our church passed away last night. She will be buried in the church graveyard, and the family wants the church to prepare a bereavement lunch on Saturday. The former preacher's wife just called me and told me that, plus she wants me to be in charge of the luncheon. Meaning call members of the church and ask them to furnish food and to come help serve.

Well, seems I have phone calls to make. Gonna make me a list so I will know where I stand when I start on this in the morning.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
7:31 PM

Post #9381584

Tam, your fever should be gone now being on the antibiotics...call the doc tomorrow!!!

Honest, I am fine. Didn't hurt anything but my pride, and maybe a slight jam to my arm/shoulder which is aching. BUT that could have been from throwing
the jolly ball for Isabelle.

Sandy, I can just see Andre' doing that! Izzy has found her cookies that I have up here on the desk. She puts her nose on the bag...and then looks at me like "Oh they smell so good!...please??"

Terese, sure hope you and DH get a good rest and feel better!

Dianne, I do hope you put a call into the doctor or dentist! Don't let it get out of hand. Is Frank staying with you now or did he just come for day visit?

I am watching "You've Got Mail". I know I need to get ready for bed...but am just wound up.

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 10, 2013
9:09 PM

Post #9381664

I am in the ER again tonight. This time with my heart. I had 5 episodes today of my heart pounding so badly that my left breast and abdomen on the left side were actually moving un and out very forcefully.
The episode tonight lasted almost 5 minutes and really scared me. Judy took me to the hospital. The ambulance bill from the sleep clinic to the ER is over $600.00 - not covered by insurance.

So far it seems no one is overly concerned about my condition. Saying my abnormal heart rhythm is just PVCs - I thought that was plastic pipe.

Waiting for labs to confirm.

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 10, 2013
10:09 PM

Post #9381676

Oh Bonnie, with you in thoughts and prayers. How scary for you and Judy.

Please keep us posted.

Izzy is having a bad night, so I am up with her. Going to try and sleep again if she will settle in her bed.

Sending hugs
Debbie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 10, 2013
11:05 PM

Post #9381685

I'm up too Debbie. Sure wish we lived closer when we both have times like this. What's up with our Miss Izzy?

Quill and Diesel are here in the bedroom with me sawing logs. I am so envious!!!

(((Bonnie))) Sure hope they can fix you up as good as new. When do you see the nutritionist? We all take our health for granted and don't realize it until you fall ill.Please take good care of yourself, I want you around in my life for a long time.

Think I am going to close off here, close my eyes and listen to a Blues CD featuring Billy Vera and the Beaters.

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2013
2:37 AM

Post #9381714

Good morning everyone

Looks like a go for our trip today.

{{{{{{{Bonnie}}}}}}}}}}}} hope you find some answers and they get this taken care of

Debbie the gates at the kennel where "dog proof" she told me once she only had one dog who figured out how to open 1 gate--now Andre has figured out how to open 3 different ones. LOL

Waves to everyone

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
3:55 AM

Post #9381727

Bonnie, I hope you have some answers this morning.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 11, 2013
5:08 AM

Post #9381758

They did not admit me saying:

"Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff
Premature ventricular contractions (PVCs) are extra, abnormal heartbeats that begin in one of your heart's two lower pumping chambers (ventricles). These extra beats disrupt your regular heart rhythm, sometimes causing you to feel a flip-flop or skipped beat in your chest. Premature ventricular contractions are very common — they occur in most people at some point.

If you have occasional premature ventricular contractions, but you're an otherwise healthy person, there's generally no reason for concern, and no treatment is needed. If you have frequent premature ventricular contractions or underlying heart disease, you may need treatment to help you feel better and treat underlying heart issues."

They dismissed my heart pounding in my chest because it didn't happen while I was at the ER, Plan to call the doc today to see if they can see me sooner than my appointment on the 16th.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
5:53 AM

Post #9381822

Oh, Bonnie, that is so scary. I don't like their logic at all. Just because it didn't happen while you were there doesn't mean it didn't happen. Please call the Dr and see if you can get in sooner.

It is a rainy day here. Head rain several times during the night, and in order to do that, it has to be a really hard rain.

I need to go to the pharmacy, library, bank and a stop by Walmart today. Plus waiting to hear about if our church needs to plan a bereavement dinner or not. Tap tap tap

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9381833

Oh Bonnie - I bet the ER was full of people really sick with the flu too. I sure hope you & Judy didn't pick that up while you were there!

Sandy - glad you get to go on your trip! Andre reminds me of my sister's horse. His name was Mr Toxin. He could open one of those snap clips with his lips. We actually had to use a pad lock with kd ey to keep him in his stall. He was such a character!

BonnieB - sounds like a busy day. Sorry to hear about your loss of a member of your church. I hope the planning goes smoothly and family and congregation can say their goodbyes comfortably & together.

Debbie - I'm thinking you are right. Today is the last on the z-pack. I think I should be feeling better than I am. Hoping Izzy is good this morning!

Dianne - I'm happy Quill is hanging in there too. Did you get any sleep?

Off to call the doctor...
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 11, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9381866

Oh Bonnie, I hate it when you leave with no answers!!! My doctor would just tell me I was having panic attacks and ignore them. That is why we
are going to Cleveland and get some answers. I am glad you are calling your doctor today...it is scary!!

Tam, very glad you are calling your doctor also. I have had the Zpac many times and by 2nd day, you notice a big improvement. HOWEVER, with
what Shannon had...very similar to yours...it worked. They tried Cipro first and I think good old fashioned penicillin, but Z pack finally did it for her.

I had a horrible night. Izzy was on a tangent. I was down here 3 times letting her out, and finally about 1:30 brought my pillow down, but kept her in the kitchen
and she laid down and slept. The cats were another story and are back on naughty list. I won't tell you what they did to a roll of paper towels ...it looks like
confetti. DH is in for some remodeling this weekend!

I have my coffee...but need some breakfast.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2013
7:15 AM

Post #9381886

Debbie - so is Shannon feeling better? I had a reaction to penicillin when I was a teen so I have to tell the doctors I may be allergic (I broke out in a rash). They did call back and have prescribed another type of antibiotic. I didn't recognize it but will check it after DH picks it up for me. Sounds like the day after a big party at your place. hehehe

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 11, 2013
7:23 AM

Post #9381894

Looking at seed catalogs. Figuring out what I can order.

Bonnie sending hugs. That was horrible.

Dianne you have mail.

Deb get in a nap.

Elsie you mean Chloe was outside? Glad it was a dollhouse. Poor Doll!

Terese hope you guys just keep getting better.

Sandy about time Andre showed what he can really do! LOL

Tam hope this is the med that works for you.

BonnieB check in when you can.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 11, 2013
7:24 AM

Post #9381896

Tam, she is better now. (knock wood) they were starting to think she had mono as that would NOT respond to an antibiotic, but her throat was such a mess.
She has had three bouts of this since Halloween, this last was the worst.

I am allergic to penicillin also, with the rash reaction.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 11, 2013
7:28 AM

Post #9381902

Vicki, I need breakfast...and get some chores done. Looks like it snowed in here with the paper! LOL

Can you imagine being half asleep on the couch...just being able to see from the glow of lights outside and seeing a large...long...blob
creeping across the floor...close to the ground. I thought for sure something was coming after me, aliens... Flip on the light (while having
anxiety sweats) and see Marla and Darla under their blanket creeping along trying to get out. Just Marla's head was peeking out...but they thought
something had them and were down to the ground just walking so slow.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 11, 2013
7:42 AM

Post #9381924

ROFLOL lots! What a picture that makes! LOL

Bec_No_Va

Bec_No_Va
Huntsville, AL
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
8:11 AM

Post #9381956

Howdy all - popping in to say hello! Finished treatment 4 yesterday, only 2 more to go!!! Follow-up CT on the 16th & another one ab 3 weeks after the final one (Feb 21st) and I should be done with this!!! Feeling ok, I was very, very tired after yesterday, went home and went to bed at 7, just got up - guess I needed 15 hrs of sleep :) So I'm following the same pattern, with no unforeseen side-effects. If it stays like this, I'll be fine for the next 3 days, somewhat tired, then come Monday I'll be knocked out and slowly back to normal after that - the anti-nausea cocktail and steroids they give me are exactly the right mix and I feel so much better than I originally thought - guess they really know what they are doing :) Unlike many doctors, I'll stay solely under their care for the next 5 years at least, every follow-up will be at Reed and should I move somewhere else, I'll have to travel back there for all the scans, etc.

The "kids" are such good "mommy minders" - don't leave my side, from bed to bathroom and everywhere in between! Frida had NascaT races on the bed last night, but I fell asleep while she was at her worst, hope she she wore herself out and didn't keep hubby awake all night! Right now she's playing with the disappearing toy, an ice cube, she looooves ice cubes - when I go to get ice she runs to the refrigerator, sits patiently right underneath and waits for the big magic toy dispenser to give her the toy :) It inevitably ends up underneath the fridge or stove - which upsets her and she walks around looking for it :) She is such a good little girl, never had a friendlier, more loving kitty - can't get mad at her for her escapades - too darn cute! Need to get a new set of pictures, she's growing so fast, really long legged, tall and so skinny, no matter how much food she eats - she gets fixed on the 15th!

BTW - I received a package the other day, with 3 wigs, from a Billie Williams in MO - no message, no note!! Have no idea who this person is!!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
10:05 AM

Post #9382042

What a nice surprise, but I don't know a Billie Williams either. Bet you know her by a screen name. Sounds like your treatments are going well. My neighborhood cancer club is all healthy right now. All three of us are in remission, and just have to go in for scans and tests periodically. Hope it continues.

Back from town, and made several phone calls before I left, and have the bereavment dinner all planned, and plenty of volunteers to help, and to bring food. I hardly had to twitch my nose to get that done! Now just gonna do some mundane chores, till time to go to visitation. Oh, we are eating out tonight too, hehe, do I know how to plan things or what?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2013
10:18 AM

Post #9382049

Bec - you are amazing! Glad you got such a good long sleep. Great to be in the home stretch now. I can't wait to see pic's of little Frida. I can just imagine how fun a piece of ice could be for a little kitty!

Debbie - Sure hope she stays healthy! This time I'm on "cefdinir" It looks like its for antibiotic resistant bacterial infections. I guess the throat culture confirmed it was bacterial.

Vicki - ah its finally that time of year. Let me know if you find any new veggies that grab your eye. :-)

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2013
10:20 AM

Post #9382051

cross posted w/you BonnieB. Great planning!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 11, 2013
11:15 AM

Post #9382083

Tam, that is a stronger one, good! It is in the Cephalosporins family, and used to treat the gram-positive bacteria. Shannon was on a form of that for a blood infection (way back then) via IV for 10 days. One thing I remember it made her urine bright yellow and smelled strong...they said drink lots of water with it.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
12:18 PM

Post #9382149

Glad to see a new antibiotic was prescribed Tammy. By the time you finish this you should be feeling like a new person! (maybe it will be one that is immune from getting sick) hehe.

I had a couple of more calls from people volunteering to do food and help serve, and this is without even putting out the (all alert call). Hey these people are great.

Off in a few minutes to visitation at the funeral home. Will check in when we are home again.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 11, 2013
1:29 PM

Post #9382201

Finally on the internet... Phone service is poor too, though was able to get on FB to see Debbie's "baby girl"... though i though she had more 'new' kittens.

Dh and I are sitting at the pool... had to pay for internet, but at 12.50 a week, but for each computer... it's really not that bad, as we are not paying a lot to stay here for the week. Great location... well, any place on the beach is a great location. We have a 2 bed / 2 bath - lower level that walks right out to the pool. it was my choice over Ocean View, which was barely a view - as it was on the south side of the building, not the east [ocean facing] but again... very reasonable for the week.

Bought some groceries... we should be set for breakfast and lunches for the week... then eat dinner out.

Bec -- what a nice surprise you got in the mail. Glad to hear your treatments are over.

Tam -- hope you are feeling better. You need a break.

Bonnie -- Oh... big hugs to you... that had to be so scary and that they all didnt think anything of it. I hope you find some answers. and see you next week... we are just down the inlet from you...what - 10 miles?

Hope all the bruises are healing from falls... and the peeing kitties just cut that out. guess we have not had cats long enough to have those troubles.

btw -- this sea air seems to be helping 'what ails' us... though DH and I both got good nights sleeps... though he was snoring SO bad, it took me forever to get to sleep. thankfully here, we have separate rooms.

BBL.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 11, 2013
1:31 PM

Post #9382204

TGIF!!!!! I'm not working on week-end so I'm planning to pack up all the Christmas ornaments and the tree.

Tam, I'm glad you have a new antibiotic.. I hope you'll feel better soon.

Bonnie, that was scary! I hope you can rest and feel better.

Bec, good to see you posting. I'm so glad you are feeling well and have good "nurses" to take care of you!LOL

Vicki, thanks for the good wishes. Have you figured out what seeds you would like to order?

Dianne, Sandy might be right about your dizziness. I hope they figure out what is it soon

Debbie, strange things happen in your house!LOL

BonnieB, you are on the run and really a good organizer!

Elsie, you sure are patient with those people on the phone! Pizza sounds good! I just made some last week, it was good.

Adina

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2013
2:00 PM

Post #9382232

TGIF!

I'm still wondering where Chloe is. Forgot to ask.
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
2:10 PM

Post #9382239

Chloe is lying on the floor at the end of the bed - the heat is on and she is basking by the heat vent.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
2:22 PM

Post #9382241

TGIF!!

Tammy, I sure hope that this med does the trick for you.

Terese, that's great that the sea air is making you both feel good. I think the fast food restaurants have cut back on help - it's sad around here too.

Bonnie, that was very scary. I hope you can get to see the doctor earlier.

Vicki, veggie seeds - you are just so good. Chloe walked right out when I opened the door. I smacked her with the bag of groceries and she backed up into the house. Usually if she gets out she goes under the porch. I'm not sure she could get out and run free. Well I hope she couldn't.

BonnieB, that is so very nice of the congregation to come together for this person.

I think I'm going to have leftover pizza and then look at a new knitting book I borrowed from work.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 11, 2013
2:40 PM

Post #9382244

Elaine is taking the second van load of stuff to my storage unit now after a brief break for Greek Salad and Pizza. On the way with load one we made a stop at the ALF to pick up a couple of Christmas decorations that were still there. As usual, once I walk through the door there is a to do list and have to do list that require attention. The to do list comes from DM. The have to do list is things that I see that I have to straighten, clean, hang up, put away, etc. By the time we left there we had no time to go to the storage unit. So Elaine took me home and then unloaded the first van full. Meanwhile, the mobil pet grooming van arrived right on time at the stroke of 3:00 to groom the boys. They sure do look purtty all brushed out and fluffy. I had ordered the salad and pizza to be delivered, so we finally sat down and ate. Now I am REALLY tired having slept only two hours this morning from 5:30 - 7:30.

Hey, good news! When I arrived at the ALF today, DM had grapes and a new hair dryer. She remembered to ask for them to be purchased for her when the bus took residents to Walmart this week!

Gotta go. No more heart poundings today. They moved my office visit up two days - Tues. instead of Thur. Big whup!!

BBL,

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 11, 2013
5:53 PM

Post #9382358

Bonnie - either you learn to say no to your DM, establish a schedule for how long you will be at the ALF (and stick to it) or you don't stop at your DM as often. You need to take care of yourself!!!! That means - you eat well, you sleep, you avoid stress and you get in a little movement. Maybe you & Judy can come up with a plan to keep yourselves on track together?

Loretta - whew! I'm glad Chloe is managing so well after her little escape plan failed. :-)

BonnieB - glad to hear the congregation is pulling together. I hope dinner was good tonight!

Adina - I hope the work of putting away Christmas goes quickly so you have plenty of time for fun stuff too.

Terese - sounds like a great place to land for a week. Glad you got there safely and are both feeling reasonably well!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
5:55 PM

Post #9382359

Well, we are back from the visitation and eating out. A good friend who lost her DH a few years ago called and asked if she could ride with us to the city where the visitation was. She is a wealth of information (translate gossip) and got the latest on all things/people in the community. She is a hoot, she doesnt' see herself as gossiping, just "keeping informed". She had to call after we got home because some information she told me was wrong, so she apologized for spreading false rumors. Told her I had told no one but DH and we hadn't spread it outside these walls. She was so relieved.

Had a good seafood dinner, and then came on home. When we pulled into the driveway, DGD was behind us pulling in also. Of course the first words out of her mouth, was Mamaw you will have to put gas in my car so I can get home on Sunday! I told you that she would ask.

Vicki, I have been looking at catalogs too. I think I have settled on the tomato varieties, and the peppers and broccoli and cauliflower. The peppers will need to be started very soon, as it takes them longer to germinate. I am so ready. Our temps today were in the mid 70's and tomorrow predicted to be 78. Feels like the tropics.

Terese, glad that you are all settled and that you both are feeling better. Talked to my DTS last night, and she had had to turn the AC on it was mid 80's in Fla. Poor baby, feel so sorry for her.

Bonnie, I sure hope that even moving the appointment closer that somebody will make a concerted effort to find out what is going on with you. This has gone on long enough.

Dianne, I am thinking that the dizziness is caused by some kind of infection in your body. I would ask Dr Death if she would prescribe a round of antibiotics to see if that helped. I know I am the same person who was preaching so against unneeded antibiotics just the other day. I don't think your condition falls into that category.

Debbie describing the kittens sent me into giggles, just imagining them crawling along like that. You can start calling them Combat kitties!

Tammy, hoping that the first dose of the new antibiotic really made a difference. Remember, take it all. Not just until you start feeling better. I am so psyched that Scirroco has gained even a bit of weight. Some animals just put themselves on a diet, so that may have been the problem. Maybe she likes seeing the vet more often. Hehe.

Elsie, did you have any other interesting calls today? I am sure that your job is nothing if not interesting. Give our Chloe a good scritch.

Adina, so glad that you have the weekend off. I can't imagine how I would manage if I didn't get my weekends. I am retired and have every day of the week, but there are some things that just naturally need to be done on the weekend. Plan some rest in those days too.

For those of you who believe in the worth of prayer. Found out today that a second cousin of mine was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, in the 4th stage. He lost his wife 18 months ago to cancer, and had just seemed like he had gotten back on track. That loss sent him very low. He is not saved, so I hope to be able to minister to him in the coming days.

Well, off to check some other threads, and will see you in the morning.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
6:28 PM

Post #9382384

BonnieB, I don't know what chapter I would be writing if I was writing that book. Today I answered the phone and the man said he can't hear on the phone so talk to my wife. She got on the phone and said I can't hear on the phone either.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2013
6:39 PM

Post #9382390

home tired, 280+ pictures need to go thru them and detect the bad ones, lot of work.
Weather was not the best, very cloudy and even thought the report was 0% chance of rain---guess what it rained, not much but some.
I need to go in business as a rain maker

Sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
6:54 PM

Post #9382404

No, Sandy just an accurate weather forecaster. You could make millions at that. I have gotten some really good pictures on a cloudy day. It gives everything a sort of muted color, and sometimes it turns out wonderful. When you become a professional photographer, I want you to take some good pictures of Mr. B and of course Casper!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2013
7:05 PM

Post #9382410

BonnieB you get it.

I forget to add that I have a car full of plants and enough seafood to last 2 more days. LOL
2 of the plants are Camellias do not know where I am going to plant them but I love these 2
Sandy

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 11, 2013
7:08 PM

Post #9382414

Sandy, you didn't "lift" them from their formal gardens did you? Hehe. Just kidding. I know you wouldn't do something like that. I have been known to pick up a broken piece of coleus or begonia, as they will both root quickly and produce a big plant. And No, I do not break them, but will take them if i see that they are broken.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 11, 2013
7:13 PM

Post #9382419

LOL Could not even if I wanted too, these Camellias are large as trees at the State Garden-over 80+years old.

There is a great plant nursery near by and I went there. I have pictures of the flowers for my two but at the rate I am going through the pictures it will take a few days to get to those pictures

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
3:54 AM

Post #9382531

BonnieB -- regarding the weather... I know where your DTS is, is generally warmer with it being farther south... I have a friend in N. Ft Myers [the one that just lost her DH] and she is always talking about how its in the 80's... DH and I were discussing weather on our long drive, and i was saying how pleased i'd be if it were 60's - 70's. THAT i could deal with... 80's are too warm for me. I checked the forecast for the next 5 days... 80, 80, 78, 78, 78... partly whatever...

Going to look for the sunrise...

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
4:24 AM

Post #9382536

found one...

Thumbnail by tcs1366

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
4:44 AM

Post #9382542

Morning everyone

It is very very unusual weather down here in Florida right now. Way to warm

I spent hours on the phone last night with my laptop problems. Hoping every thing is fixed no

Knee is not happy with me. Need to stay off of it for a few days but can not see that happening.

Waving at everyone

Sandy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 12, 2013
5:17 AM

Post #9382554

Good morning. I managed to sleep six straight hours last night. Ahhhhhhhhhh. That feels good this morning.

BonnieB that precious DGD couldn't be spoiled could she? And, of course, you would have to ask yourself how I would recognize that, LOL! Grandchildren are God's reward to parents for raising children.

Terese those 80 degree temps are still better than rain, sleet and snow...remember those? Enjoy the sunshine.

Sandy you came home with many treasures - seafood and plants. Camelias are slow growers. The huge ones at the gardens must be very, very old. What other plants did you buy?

Tammy it would be very hard to walk out of DMs apartment turning my back on dirt and disorder. The toilet always needs a quick tidy-up as well as the counters in the bathroom and kitchen. I did take a three tier corner style counter stand for the bathroom counter to her yesterday. It allowed me to get her hairspray, air freshner, talc powder, and perfume up off the counter and stacked vertically on a small footprint. Also put a mat down under the litter box to catch the litter.

Well, I think a nice shower is in order to start this day.

BBL, y'all...Bonnie

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9382584

Well, I have been up cooking since about 7:30 for the dinner today at church. Everything is just about ready to go, except me. I need to hit the shower and dress, and then will be on my way.

Bonnie, I only have one DGD, and if there is any way I can spoil her, it will be done. She is just so precious, and you are right, grandchildren can be sent home, but I think that only applies to the horrid ones! So glad you had a good night. Now that is more like it.

Terese, I am with you, I would prefer about 75 year round, but I haven't found a place that fits that definition. If you do, let me know.

Off her, and out of here shortly.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
6:28 AM

Post #9382598

Good Morning!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9382601

Morning! Rough night last night. Was so sore from unloading truck and then putting lots of it out. Fingers are stiff and sore. Maybe some typing will limber them up. Better I feel this way then the girl working with me. She has a bulging disc and is wearing her tens unit and seeing the chiro. She doesn't know what she did. I said it was an accumulation of things. She worked really good and steady for feeling like she did.

I would enjoy a place that was in the 70's so if one is found let me know. Doubt if I would move tho. I am kind of
liking where I live. Plus this has been an easy winter so far for us. Well driving home wasn't the funnest as it was foggy and very dark on top of it. Hate those dark dark nights.

BonnieB hope the dinner goes smoothly. Yep DGK's are to spoil. So if I ever get any guess what! What tomato varieties have you settled on? I am still looking and then I have to check in the garden thingy for reviews. I better get serious.

Sandy what a great day. Just wished your knee felt better. Pictures! Pictures! When does Andre come home?

Terese thanks for the sunrise. It is cloudy and very windy here. As long as it doesn't snow I will be happy.

Bonnie I don't know why but I thought cleaning was included in her place?

Someone is here at my feet. Shifting and Shifting. Can you guess who it is?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
6:38 AM

Post #9382605

Good morning! We have singing birds and 48 temps already,. They said might break a record of 61 today.

Lots of projects in the works (In DH's mind) so we will see where that goes. Have to tear closet out of DSs room from that leak and replace
drywall. And put a couple more paver steps down outside where we have found it is way too muddy.

I am in desperate need of new sneakers and a hair cut. That might have to wait til next week! I woke up at 4:00 with back spasms so
spent time in the shower and am just now up and about.

Terese, I just love that picture...visualizing me there! Maybe Cleveland Clinic will write me a prescription "Must have sandy beach and salt water".

Tam, how are you feeling?? Your "Good morning" sound a bit more chipper!

Dianne, did you and the pups get some rest??

Sandy, enjoy doing your pictures.

Bonnie so VERY glad you had a nights sleep. Six hour stretch is a good one.

BonnieB, enjoy your day and dinner. Lots of work you have done

Where is Vicki...breakfast???? Dh always wants his breakfast sandwich (heart attack on a hard roll) on Saturday morning.

Melva how are you and Corky doing?

Elsie, does Chloe go outside a lot? I was watching a remodeling show and they were in NJ redoing housing from the storm. What
a mess and so so sad!! One thing I saw was homeless animals running around,

OK, I am going to go make some calls...I need an elevator, think I heard of a magazine distributor that installs them! hehe Ducking and running

Debbie

This message was edited Jan 12, 2013 9:39 AM

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2013
6:48 AM

Post #9382621

Not making breakfast. Just to sore. Probably just toast. Ty is fed tho.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 12, 2013
6:48 AM

Post #9382623

Morning everyone!

Tam how are you feeling? Going to pamper yourself this weekend, right?

Alternated rain/ freezing rain all night long. Needless to say the lane is darn near impossible to stay upright on. Think we need a sand today.Miserable out there today - drizzly with fog.

Had great intentions of going to bed early last night but I was still up at 5 am. Of course now I want to sleep. Just tell that to the 4 legged creatures that live here. Have ingredients out to bake, just have to decide what - I just need a purpose! Too bad I didn't live near you BonnieB, I could have made something for the lunch today.

Going elevator shopping today Elsie? You must have been just drained after that call.

Sandy, you take good care of yourself. I don't want to have to send Diesel down there to straighten you out. You and our Bonnie need to learn how to say 'no' to your mothers. I still sometimes after 3 years wake in a panic that I forgot to do something for mam.

Going to find some breakfast plus feed Diesel some kibble. He is eying my Fristed Flakes.

Make sure you all do something nice for yourself today ladies.

Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
7:01 AM

Post #9382629

Dianne I have to learn to say NO TO ME!!! I was the one that wanted to go on this trip.

Bonnie I think the the gardens where started in 1923 so some of the Camellias are 90 years old
I also bought a bunch of Fennel and Parsley, so salvias, 3 or 4 geraniums and a whole tray of Pansies.
Thankfully the old knee kept me from buying more. LOL

Here is the first picture I have edited,

Thumbnail by wren107

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
7:20 AM

Post #9382644

Debbie you are way too funny!!

Chloe is strictly an indoor cat. On several occasions she has just shot out the front door and onto the enclosed porch. Then she gets under the porch and tries to collect every spider web she can. But she is not really out and about.

I'm going to Kohls to see if I can get a new pair of sneakers. Both my knees are very tender and I think it's the sneakers.

Very, very foggy this morning - warmer air on the snow.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
7:27 AM

Post #9382647

Elsie is going for sneakers...I know what that means! lol They had some nice ones when I was there last week, but VERY picked over from Christmas.
She said waiting for restock...hope it is better in your area.

Shannons kitties are like that Elsie, they get in the basement and come up covered in so much dust and spider webs. Then up on me and rub my face!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 12, 2013
7:48 AM

Post #9382660

Oh how sweet they like to share.

Dianne package should be on it's way today.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
8:40 AM

Post #9382714

OK 2 more pictures edited. These 2 come from the 2 plants I bought yesterday. Yes the look somewhat alike, but 'Extravaganza' can have flowers that are solid red, solid white or in most cases different levels of variegated. Notice the red bud behind the bloom
'Tricolor' is just that pink, red and white and the flowers will be different combinations of these colors.

Andre comes home this afternoon.

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107         

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9382721

Bonnie - woo hoo on six hours sleep! Now you need to do that every night and bump it to 7-8hrs.

Loretta - good luck with the sneaker hunt. Maybe you could call them first to see how their stock is first?

Vicki - sounds like you got more than your share of exercise! I need to look at seed catalogs. Got a shock when I realized its mid-Jan already.

Debbie - an elevator would be very helpful for you! And the mansion for it would be nice too. :-)

Sandy - I bought two camellias last spring that I hope to plant this year. I need to redo a garden area first though.

Dianne - I've been in the mood for pumpkin pudding so had DH pick up a can for me. So I'll be cooking with you today. Let me know what you decide on.

Terese & BonnieB - ya know... the area of Ca that I visit all the time is at 75degC practically every day. No humidity. And it rarely rains except for the winter months. Only downside is that its ridiculously expensive to live there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_View,_California#Climate

I seem to be better today! Still have that wicked cough and a little sore throat (probably from all the coughing & post nasal drip).

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
10:25 AM

Post #9382804

Well, being adventurous. Making a huge pot of navy bean soup. I haven't made one in...over 6 years I think? Mom and I were the only
ones that ate it, and she usually made it. My first attempt was a disaster ...so I let her take over. So far..at least it smells good.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
11:35 AM

Post #9382839

Debbie, nobody can ruin beansoup! Just use common sense.

Back from the dinner. We served 54, and had just a little bit of everything left. Even the workers did not have enough food to eat. That is okay, I am telling DH that we are going out tonight since I haven't eaten all day. I did have a piece of cake.

Gonna go rest, as my feet and back are killing me.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
11:37 AM

Post #9382845

I thought I could get a similar pair of Nikes as I got last year. Nope - they were all crap. I got a pair of Sketchers Go Walk. It's a canvas loafer with a cushiony sole. We shall see.

It was horribly foggy going out this morning. Dumba@#es without their lights on. And let's drive everywhere and never use our turn signals. I wish I could pull people over and smack them alongside their head with the 2X4. One idiot turned out of a mall driveway while reading her directions - I think. Then proceeded to sit in the turning lane with a fire truck coming in the other direction. Maybe these idiots should have ejector seats.

Tammy, glad you are feeling better. You have some fun cravings while sick. I had to go to Kohls anyway to return something. They sure make returning things very easy.

Bonnie, glad you got some good sleep. Does DM have a nice notepad so she can make a list of the things that she needs done and bought? Might be a good deal so she doesn't forget and doesn't bombard you when you arrive.

Debbie, it is amazing how horribly damaged the homes still are after Sandy. I saw on the news that a group from Virginia did up an older couple's home. The house was their summer house and they decided to get some work done on it so they could retire there. the contract took their money and left the job half done. The group from Virginia came in and did the house from the framing up. It was furnished and it was beautiful. It was very nice to see. The husband gave his wife a hug and said aren't you glad you married me. Their children were behind the work but the couple knew nothing about it.

BonnieB, sorry there wasn't enough food. You planned that so you could go out tonight didn't you?

Sandy love the pictures!!

I was going to stop at AC Moore and buy some yarn hehe. But I was too tired. I watched Hoarders the other evening and the woman had bags of yarn piled high all along the outside of her house. I think that's where they got put after taking them out of the house.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
11:57 AM

Post #9382857

Elsie I have looked at those sketchers shoes, I like their sneakers so let me know how the loafer type works.

Bonnie, my problem was I was too impatient with my last batch of soup and didn't soak the beans after boiling. Just dumped them in and prepared the soup.
Of course took twice as long...and I had OLD spices! LOL My new spice rack has been so much fun experimenting.

AND...I taste tested the soup, OMGosh it is sooooo good!

Yes, I think dinner out is good for you.

I watched Hoarders last night...was a sad one with the pregnant woman and toddler who just wanted a bed.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 12, 2013
12:24 PM

Post #9382864

I have sketchers that are the "mule" type and love them... slip em on slip em off.
I think they are leather.

Wish I had bought 2 pr, as those stay in wisconsin.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
12:28 PM

Post #9382868

I am printing Calendars, now to see if I can walk and stand up long enough to have them bond Monday or Tuesday.

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
12:31 PM

Post #9382871

I'm pretty sure I could ruin bean soup.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
1:13 PM

Post #9382907

I know I could ruin bean soup. lol I made 2 batches & didn't like either one. Gary thought they were both good so I've
got 3qts of ea in the freezer.

I've made the pumpkin pudding. I think I'm craving soft foods to soothe my throat or something. And hoping it will keep my stomach happy with the antibiotics. I guess my appetite is coming back 'cause I ate the last 2 of the chocolate puddings I made a few days ago (they are only ~5oz ea.)

And I've gotten caught up on some movie watching. Free premium channels this weekend.

And I'm BORED!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
1:24 PM

Post #9382917

Tam we have SHO free this weekend, and I want to watch The Help...but I can't sit down!!!

The bean soup turned out good, he had two bowls!!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
1:44 PM

Post #9382937

Debbie - I read the book. I'm watching Collateral. Where Tom Cruise is a hired killer
and Jamie Fox is a cab driver caught up in one nights' work. Its very good. So all I am
doing is sitting down. :-)

I can't possibly be contagious any more - right? I think I may need to go shopping or
something just to get out of this house.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9382992

Debbie, told you that the soup would be good. That is a favorite here.

Tammy, hmmm, I don't know if you need to go out or not. Not from a standpoint of spreading germs, I am thinking about you. You think you feel up to it, but as sick as you have been, I don't know whether I would risk a set back or not.

I need some tennis shoes too. I wear Easy Spirit, and there is a style that has lots of room in the toe box and I can't find them anywhere. Good notion to write to the company, because they accommodate my orthotics so much better.

I used to watch the Hoarders some, but I got so disgusted with the filth. I don't see how those people live like that. Walking on things piled up and in some instances their heads almost touching the ceiling. Now that is way over the top.

Have any of you seen Duck Dynasty? I caught it last weekend while DH was gone, and I loved it. Watched several episodes of it. I don't doubt the authenticy of it at all. Hope it is on tonight.

No we are not going out. We ordered pizza and DGD has gone after it now. We are too far out to have delivery service. I rested but just couldn't imagine dressing and going someplace again. Maybe that tells me that I am getting old. If I am home and don't have to go any place that sounds good to me.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
3:12 PM

Post #9383006

Andre is home!!!!

Oh I was able to tell my self no and this time Iistened-the clouds looked so nice for a beautiful sunset but I was good and did not go.

sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
3:24 PM

Post #9383012

BonnieB - I was good and made myself a real hot toddy instead of going out. Oh my it was good and it actually did help with my cough! I used some whiskey I bought for a house warming party for the house we bought in 1992. Guess I haven't been sick often, huh!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
3:59 PM

Post #9383045

Tammy, I think the hot toddy is something to keep drinking. I'm with BonnieB, stay away from all the others with the germs.

BonnieB, I posted the other day that Duck Dynasty is my newest guilty pleasure on tv. They are something else.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
4:06 PM

Post #9383051

Tam, you do not need to introduce any NEW germs to your weak system right now either.

BonnieB, Google the name of your shoes, bet you will find them. I have done that several times and had success with something I needed.
I think BonTon, JCPenney & a few other big stores have Easy Spirit also.

My daughter and SIL watch Duck Dynasty...got Andy a Duck Dynasty sweat shirt for Christmas. They (and DH) have watched it quite a bit.
The older dad was a famous college football star, I think Terry Bradshaw was his back up.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
4:33 PM

Post #9383068

BonnieB, I got a pair of Easy Spirits from a company and Easy Spirit didn't carry them anymore. But I can't remember the site.

Don't underestimate the power of sweet potato pie. hehe

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
4:41 PM

Post #9383073

Elsie, you can't go wrong with sweet potato pie, it is just full of fibers! AND if you put any type of walnut or pecans on it...its protein!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
4:59 PM

Post #9383088

HELP!!! ANY ONE WANT A DOG!!!! He is full of beans and mischief tonight. He has managed to open the pet gate into my DM's room. We have gone out and played with the eggee and one round of Ramp ball. He has been stealing stuff. I am on my third drink!!!

Sandy and the Brat

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
5:21 PM

Post #9383104

Debbie, that is a loose quote from Duck Dynasty. hehe

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
5:35 PM

Post #9383112

I was wondering where the sweet potato pie came into this. :-)

I have not heard of Duck Dynasty. Will have look it up.

We just caught most of Star Trek (the movie done in 2009). Its running on Fx. Oh I love that movie! And I see they have a new one coming out this year with the same cast and JJ Abrams at the helm. If you have not seen that move, you have to see it if you have any fondness for the original TV show at all.

My DH is still not feeling well. He's been queasy for several weeks. Now aren't we a pair!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
5:40 PM

Post #9383115

Tammy, maybe some candied ginger would help? I hope you both feel better.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 12, 2013
5:50 PM

Post #9383121

Tam, men show illness different...he probably has the same thing you do. He needs the doc. If he has a "systemic" bacteria infection, it can settle in the stomach and GI track.

Elsie, that would me I watch Duck Dynasty to have known that! Nooooo no not me! No broken swords, no ice cream trucks with nasty sausages...no...not me.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
6:16 PM

Post #9383134

Well, guess I am one missing something too. Debbie, ice cream trucks with nasty sausages, etc. You lost me.

Yes, on Duck Dynasty they all love sweet potato pie. Mama can get most anything from her sons if she promises a sweet potato pie. Well, I have had the actual thing, and I don't know if it is worth selling you soul for or not! I would rather have the baked sweet potato, or candid sweet potatoes rather than make them into a pie.

Tammy, someone on another thread recommended the triple strength probiotic taken on a regular basis to keep good digestive health. I don't take any, but when I was in the hospital a few years ago with a stomach virus that they couldn't contain, they gave me probiotics 3 times a day trying to get the diarrhea and vomiting stopped. So guess if your digestive tract was in good health, it would be harder to get a virus. The stomach viruses really scare me, because if you get dehydrated vital organs begin to fail. My kidneys failed and I was just a few hours from dialysis.

Sandy, Andre is so glad to be home that he is just playing! cut him some slack tonight! He will settle down tomorrow. He loves you!

Elsie, last week when DH was gone, I watched Duck Dynasty, and tonight it is not on. So that blows my assumption that it is on on Saturday nights.

Tammy, I am not a star wars fan. Never watched the tv show, nor have seen any of the movies. However, I worked with a lady who as an addict of star wars. They( she and her DH) went to star wars conventions, traded movie props, and souveniers, etc. She was really into it.

Got a pork roast in the oven cooking for tomorrow's lunch. We had pizza for supper, and it was very good. I just didn't feel like getting dressed again and going out.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 12, 2013
6:36 PM

Post #9383152

BonnieB - there is some really exciting research being done on the microbiome (bacteria) in our bodies. They really are a big part of our immune system and recently found to have a profound effect on our mood & perhaps behavior.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbiome

I have a kefir smoothie for lunch every day & DH has yogurt. Both are good probiotics - kefir is the better of the two. I need to learn to ferment veggies - sauerkraut is supposed to be super good for you. I hated going on antibiotics 'cause they do kill off the good bacteria as well as the bad!

Oh - I'm not a crazy Star Trek lover. I enjoyed the original show (I was around 8-10yrs old) and have followed the various shows & movies since. The 2009 movie is just a terrific SciFi movie as well as the best of any of the Star Trek movies yet

Debbie - He's not gonna see the doctor unless he really isn't well. Its just some queasiness every now and again.

I do need to get out of the house tomorrow, even if its just a drive or something!
Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
6:56 PM

Post #9383171

BonnieB He is just a brat.

Sandy and the brat
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 12, 2013
7:18 PM

Post #9383191

Tam, I am trying to change my diet and to add probiotics, either in the form of the capsules, yogurt or kefir. I am convinced if we do the right things with our diets, we would have way less illness, and our immune systems would be able to protect us from some of the germs that ordinarily are found in our environment on a daily basis. It is only when our immune systems get weakened, or run down that we get ill.

I have just read a study that examines our ability to regulate our hormones in later life to where hot flashes could be a thing of the past. If we are able to do that, then the "automatic weight gain" that we assume is just a part of menopause would not happen. If our hormones are in balance, there would be no more unpleasant side effects of menopause or aging. Now wouldn't that be wonderful. There are a few products on the market which are classified as vitamins or supplements which would help us to do that, but there is not enough research for me to hop on that band wagon just yet. Amberin is one product and you hear advertisements for it. Studies seem to indicate that it is effective in balancing hormones to the point of no more weight gain, no mood swings, and no hot flashes.

Sandy, Andre is just glad to see you. Let him sleep by your bed tonight, so that he will be able to know that you are nearby, and tomorrow he will be reassured that he is not going away and leaving you again!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
7:24 PM

Post #9383195

BonnieB Andre love going to the kennel, he is not upset at all. He is just full of energy as he get a lot of fun play time at the kennel and he needs to burn that energy. Plus he loves food and he keeps trying different things to get me to give him food. I finally wore him out and he is sleeping.

Sandy and a sleepy boy
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 12, 2013
9:37 PM

Post #9383303

I'll admit I have seen 3 episodes of Duck Dynasty. That's quite a family!! Find it interesting that their accent becomes more pronounced as the day goes by..I wonder who comes up with all of these reality shows.My goodness someone who lurks and doesn't really know us probably thinks we are not quite sane after reading some of our posts.

Diesel has just now crashed - he was still full of P and V. Apparently he was on a roll at the kennel. He must have learned that from Andre. I had company today and he put on quite the show for them. Sandy these boys of ours are going to drive us to drink. Diesel is so good at coming back when he's called and for that I am very thankful.

Tam don't do too much too soon. at work. I would hate for you to have a setback because you tried to make up for lost time.It will all get done, don't fret.

Bonnie I am very envious of your 6 hour sleep last night. Hope you will soon have a plan of attack re poor sleeping habits.Was it Jan 18 you are planning to get out of Port Dover and to Katy? Take care of yourself Not only do you need to listen to what your Doc there tells you iy Iis vitally .. You are. absolutely stunning

If

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2013
3:06 AM

Post #9383361

Morning everyone
Trying to think how I can tire Andre out as I can not ride the bike.

Talking about Andre he is washing my foot!!! Crazy dog!!

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2013
6:02 AM

Post #9383417

Sandy - just think of all the seniors unable to reach their feet to get them properly washed. You've got a fabulous service dog there. hehehe.

Good Morning!

BonnieB - As I've learned, no matter how well we take care of ourselves, we can still get sick. A strong immune system will certainly help. A lot. Sounds like you are doing your research on the hormones.

Dianne - I hope you all got some sleep last night.

Loretta - are you & Chloe going to be working with yarns today? :-)

I had a hard time sleeping, thinking about all the stuff I need to do for the flower show. Its been on hold for too long. So I'm gonna start knocking off the paper work items - plant list and exhibit signage e.g.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 13, 2013
6:20 AM

Post #9383441

Good morning. Was a good night here.

Wanted to wish Terese a Happy Birthday. Her gift is that she is on the road! Do something nice for yourself.

Off to church, back later.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9383459

thanks Bonnie and it's funny, I just remembered last night. When one is on vacation, one day blends into the next.
I am going to see how long it takes DH to remember... though I'm much better at dates than he is. His Bday is later this month [we will be on our cruise] and our anniv is our last day in Daytona, first day in Bartow... will have to see if he remembers that one too.

Took an hour walk on the beach this morning then made myself an egg sandwich. No plans for the day. WIll shoot for a nice seafood dinner tonight though. [though football may win out, as i'm more the football fan than he is]

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9383460

Terese Happy Birthday

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 13, 2013
6:42 AM

Post #9383468

Happy Birthday Terese! Sounds like it will be a good one! Here are some Sweet Williams for you. Sure wish we had scratch and sniff.

Someone come and slap my hands. I am looking at flowers. Clematis are catching my eye!

Think it will be just toast and coffee for breakfast.

Tam you must be feeling better if your mind is going like that!

Sandy I would take him for a walk if I could.

Thumbnail by ves522

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 13, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9383476

Happy Birthday Terese!! Well it sounds like a delightful day so far.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 13, 2013
7:23 AM

Post #9383503

Happy Birthday Terese! Have a wonderful day!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 13, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9383546

Vickie thanks for the offer but to far to drive. LOL
another round of ramp ball, a half hour of playing with the eggee and a can of dog food( why oh why does a dog who will eat all kinds of stuff, refuses to eat his heart worm pill???) and now he is sleeping.

Going in a little bit to my Uncle's and Aunt's to celebrate my Aunt and mine birthdays

Tam I am glad you are starting to feel better

The laptop is typing better so may be I can comment more. Hate trying to type and it can not keep up with me.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 13, 2013
8:23 AM

Post #9383555

Happy Birthday, Terese.

Good morning. I had another pretty good night. The boys and I watched Miss America in bed together. They were thrilled. I was awake briefly around 4:00 AM, but went back to bed shortly thereafter and slept until 6:45. However, I am nodding off at this computer.

I plan to stay at home today and finish paying bills and tucking away remnants of Christmas.

BonnieB, cleaning is included in the fee at the ALF- clean once a week and “tidy” everyday. As far as I can tell “Tidy” means pulling up the bed covers. I have complained a few times about the overflowing trash cans. Nothing changes. Gosh 52 people was a large crowd to show for a berevement dinner. You must be exhausted.

Tammy it sounds like you are finally seeing real improvement with the last round of medicine. I believe had it not worked, the hospital would have been the next step for you., BTW how is that finger tip?

Elsie, my friend, how are those shoes today?

Beautiful camelias, Sandy. Bet Andre will be happy to be home.

Dianne I have the fixins for several pies, a cake, and one dessert here that never seem to get made either.

I am waiting for DM to call before I take a nap. When I called the aid said she was washing up. I asked that she have her call me when she was dressed. I want her to know that I will not be coming today. Tap, tap, tap.

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2013
8:25 AM

Post #9383557

Happy Birthday Terese! Sounds like the start of a lovely day.

I weighed Scirocco. She's at 7lbs! Woo hoo... definitely going in the right direction.
Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9383560

Glad to hear you got another good nights sleep Bonnie. The fingers are doing well. Completely closed up and moving towards just a couple of scars.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 13, 2013
9:10 AM

Post #9383607

Say Tam I was thinking (yes I do think LOL) was there any change in her food when this started(weight loss)? Maybe there was something off in that one bag of food(that she might not of liked) if you have started another bag and she is now eating better?

I am looking at vegie seeds. No slapping of hands needed right now!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2013
9:42 AM

Post #9383644

thanks for all the flowers... Love Sweet William and fragrant roses.

Tam -- great news about Scirocco!!

DH is napping already... first he said we'd take a drive today... guess he wanted to go down to Cocoa Beach, but then we saw on the news about that 95 had been closed in Brevard County due to a fire, but just re-opened... looked up Brevard -- and that is Cocoa Beach. Bet traffic would be horrid... so, maybe later in the week. ~~ Though i mentioned I wanted to watch the Houston New England game today... should be a good one. don't much care about the other game...

I also told him we could probably use one more day of R&R since he had a rough week last week. his "bug" has broken and he's feeling much better. I'm only stuffed up on one side... so all in all, not bad. It never hit me 100%, maybe only 50%.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 13, 2013
12:10 PM

Post #9383773

Happy Birthday Terese!
Tam, good news about Scirocco and you too!
Nicholas is visiting so I've been pretty busy.
Stay healthy everyone!
A cake for you Terese!

Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 13, 2013
12:47 PM

Post #9383791

Happy Birthday Terese

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 13, 2013
2:02 PM

Post #9383868

Vicki - That's very insightful! I think its opposite of what you suspect though. We noticed that Scirocco was eating Fred's "weight management food" so we did add a regular version of it about a month ago. We make sure she knows its special for her. I hear her eating it at night often. I think that's what has gotten her weight back up. I think she just liked that brand better than her special stuff. (She had a big stone in her bladder a number of years ago that had to be surgically removed. So she got a Science Diet special food for urinary tract issues.)

Hoping we're not trading one problem for another.

I dropped off a couple dozen eggs with a friend but didn't stay to visit. Told her to wash the eggs and her hands after handling them in case my germs got on them too. And then I went to the grocery store but left when I saw lines like I've never seen before!

I got the signage written for the flower show, worked up the plant list for review and organized plant labels. So less worry on that front!

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 13, 2013
4:30 PM

Post #9383991

Adina -- thank you for the cake... Calorie-free i presume.

DH and I were watching a video clip on the internet, and he asked, What day is it? put the cursor over the date icon, and said, "Oh, Sunday"

so i looked at him and said... "Do you know what day it is?" - gave me a blank stare then looked at the date again. The light bulb went off. He said Happy Birthday, and over then next hour or so, appologized about 3 times... I told him no big deal... it really is just another day... he said he was wondering if he missed our Anniversary. So he asked if i'd like to go out to dinner. I had soup [it was a mixture of Conch Chowder and Clam Chowder] it was very good, and an appetizer of Scallops.

now i'm enjoying a glass of Riesling.

I got texts from all the kids -- we do not have any cell service in this condo... have to go outside, so i told the kids just to text or email if they need us while we are here. Jeanna even sent me a mssg and it said, "Happy Birthday Mom" thought that was so sweet. She's such a great kid.

gonna watch the end of the football game...

Bonnie -- do you still have your season tickets for Houston?? I'd like to see them win tonight, but it's not looking good.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 13, 2013
6:39 PM

Post #9384058

Good evening.

Tam, you are like me, bored and need to feel that I am doing something useful. I am not a good patient, and seems you aren't either. Glad you gave the eggs to a friend, but with instructions to wash her hands and the eggs.

Terese, that was nice of Jenna. I am so hoping that she will be able to finish school, and then find a job and place to live. She will overcome despite her family. I love her spirit.

Adina, wow, love the cake. It is too pretty to cut, but bet if cut it would be wonderful.

DH has been watching games all afternoon on tv. I have been sitting reading on my kindle. I still don't have an opinion of it. Talked with some people at the library, and they say they have an ereader lending program. Will have to go check that out.

Dianne, are you getting all the dust and dirt cleaned a little at a time? I have a little shop vac and looked at it today, and wondered how much damage it could do if unleased in the house. I bought this one for the vehicles and it is kept in the garage.

Debbie, hope things are going well for you.

Vicki, I got Totally Tomatoes catalog yesterday, and I think I have my choices made. I am also ordering pepper seed as they need to be started Right away here. Have you chosen your tomatoes? I found some that are shorter season that would be good for you. You need a 65 day tomato in order for them to finish ripening in your zone and climate. I think Tammy and I are pretty alike zone wise.

Elsie, hope you have at least one interesting call tomorrow. I have no suggestions for the irritated customers. I am sending my local paper an email blessing them out. A month or more ago, I asked them to include something in a directory type section, and to delete something from the schedule of things to come, guess what, neither was done.

Melva, what have you been up to?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 13, 2013
10:51 PM

Post #9384162

Dog...

Free to good home. I'll even stick the postage on her forehead!!!!

I hope you are all sound asleep

Debbie and "the dang dog".

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2013
3:01 AM

Post #9384207

Good morning---I think---- I have been up sense 3am

Debbie you want to trade???

Sandy and the brat

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 14, 2013
4:52 AM

Post #9384259

Oh No Debbie... what did she do now?

slept in a bit, missed the sun rise, though it looked more muted today... the first day was so far the best.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2013
5:01 AM

Post #9384267

Way past time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293649/

Sandy

sorry for wrong post, awake to early

This message was edited Jan 14, 2013 8:10 AM

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America