Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mid-South Gardening: Midsouth Round Up SIGN UP & CHAT THREAD

Communities > Forums > Mid-South Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Mid-South GardeningReplies: 107, Views: 883
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9378878

Hey everybody, This thread is a little early, but it will give us a chance to talk about things before the big RU

RU is at 374 Dripping springs Rd. Judsonia Arkansas on June 1st Saturday, all day. We'll have tables set up like last time in the shop for trading and bring your extras. I'll have a few local friends here that would love anything extra you might want to give away. Remember, We had a huge amount of extras last time and Nothing went to waste!!!

This is the sign up thread and Chat Thread!! I'll post the other threads soon.

those attending so far
Charlotte
Kim
Sandy
Loretta
Kenny
Jim
Marilyn & Al
Cindy
Sharron & max. Not sure
Trish
busybee & Lisa.havent heard if Mary is coming
Terrye
Sandra
Sheila

This message was edited Jan 26, 2013 8:47 PM

This message was edited Feb 3, 2013 7:37 PM

This message was edited Feb 13, 2013 7:21 PM

This message was edited May 5, 2013 7:30 PM

This message was edited May 29, 2013 9:26 PM
duckmother
North Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
6:20 AM

Post #9378939

I will be there! Most likely Sandy will be, too ;o)

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9378960

I will be there!

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9378967

Mary & I are gonna try.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
6:49 AM

Post #9378969

How is Mary? I haven't heard you say much about her lately.
obbirds
Olive Branch, MS

January 8, 2013
9:14 AM

Post #9379057

If possible we will be there.
lorettad
Batesville, AR
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2013
10:06 AM

Post #9379120

I will be there :)

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
1:05 PM

Post #9379272

Mary is doing good. She is still not adjusted to her dentures and refuses to wear the bottom one at all. You would think not being able to eat she would lose weight. NOT!!! If anything I think she has gained. She had gotten to where she could hardly walk b/c the chemo or old age one made the padding in her knee disappear completely but TG!!! she was able to go thru LSU Medical and get some kind of shot that put the cushioning back and it seems to be helping. The Dr. told her it would be a lot better if she would loose weight for her knees and her back.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 8, 2013
1:36 PM

Post #9379298

Glad to hear Mary is doing good! If she would wear the bottom denture she would probably get used to it. Richard a bridge put in and had a really hard time getting used to it. It didn't wear if much at all to begin with and finally started wearing more and now he never takes it.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 8, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9379342

For some reason her bottom teeth won't stay in. She had some problem right after they pulled her teeth and the dentist had to go back in and break some build up off the bone. I don't know if that messed everything up but since then she has had a problem.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 8, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9379371

I am planning on being there! :)

Sorry to hear about Mary's problems with her teeth. Al got some new dentures this past summer and he had to go back several times before the dentist got them to fit without hurting. They seem to be working ok for him now.
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 8, 2013
3:58 PM

Post #9379435

Marking this spot and I sure hope to be there!
gen2026
Camden, AR

January 9, 2013
1:00 PM

Post #9380226

Me too... can't say for sure yet, but trying to plan on it.

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 9, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9380323

Kathy Ann, you had said elsewhere (on FB, I think) that you had room for a couple of travel trailers on your place. Our fifth wheel is 32 feet long--would you have room for it? If not, do you know a place we could park it in the Searcy area? Al says he would like to come and spend a few days traveling in Arkansas so I suggested we go up to Petit Jean when we leave your place. He has never been there.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 9, 2013
5:26 PM

Post #9380496

yes, you can pull directly behind the shop, and we can hook you up to electric and water back there, no sewer , but you will have electric and water. If your electric cord isn't long enough to reach, we have electrical wire, rigged up just for that purpose.. I do have an extra septic tank that we once had a camper hooked to, but it's too far away from electric and water hook ups . When time gets closer, I'll talk to Danny about exactly where to put your camper, our shop has 3 huge doors, so you can park all the way on the other side and still hook up to water and electric. There's actually enough room for 2 campers one on each corner of the shop and still not be in the way of the big door in the back.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 10, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9380762

That sounds great, Kathy Ann! Thanks! Al has several heavy duty outdoor extension cords so we should be okay with the electric.
I'm starting to get excited--somebody hold me down!! ROFL
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 10, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9380770

I'm not holding you down!! go for the gusto, scream to the world!! ha ha.

Ya'll have a great day!!

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 10, 2013
11:50 AM

Post #9381084

Mary just back from her Dr. and her CA-125 test has gone up to 301 since August. She isn't very happy right now. She has to meet with a surgeon soon and find out what they are gonna do.
Please remember her in pray!!! She will be a basket case by the time she meets with the next Dr.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
5:14 PM

Post #9382334

I have no idea what kind of foods we should request. I haven't thought much about it, but maybe we should talk about it. hint Hint!! lol

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 11, 2013
5:56 PM

Post #9382360

Well you know this group!! Anything and everything sounds good and will be eaten!!! Except of course for Kim and her green stuff!! LOL Gosh I may do something really different and make and old fashion meringue pie!! Plenty of time to sike myself up for it!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

January 12, 2013
4:29 PM

Post #9383066

I would like to come too, but it will have to be closer to time to make any decisions. Poor Mary has really had her share of problems

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
5:15 PM

Post #9383098

Yes but TG she is alive to have more problems. When they told me she had stage 4 ovarian cancer I had to leave b/c I just knew she was a goner but that was been about 4 or 5 yrs. now.
gen2026
Camden, AR

January 15, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9385679

Jeri, what does that CA-125 indicate? does that mean that the cancer is back?

Kathy, Jessica said the next time we have a get together she wants you to make a coconut cheesecake...??? I think that was the one she saw on your pinterest page that she wanted to try! I will have to ask her which one again! LOL...
Is everyone planning to spend the night or what??

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2013
9:16 AM

Post #9385864

Not always, Genna. It could be that she had had an infection (cold, UTI, etc.)between test. That throws everything off.

If we get to come, we'll spend the night somewhere. If Jim is with me, we'll bring the RV.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 15, 2013
1:23 PM

Post #9386190

Post that link here so I'll know which one for sure , Genna.
Riverland
Northeast, LA
(Zone 8a)

January 15, 2013
5:20 PM

Post #9386505

If all doesn't fall apart I am coming. I will spend the night somewhere. Probably 2 nights.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

January 15, 2013
6:17 PM

Post #9386560

Hi, Cindy, maybe we can work it out this time !
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 16, 2013
6:14 AM

Post #9386881

I have a recipe for a coconut cheesecake that a friend makes and it is absolutely delicious. If anyone wants me to post it, let me know. If I get to come, I can make it, and if not, can at least post the recipe for someone else to make.
gen2026
Camden, AR

January 16, 2013
2:03 PM

Post #9387433

Kathy, she said it was the raspberry coconut that you have on pinterest... of course I know you have a LOT pinned on there! :) Have you ever made that one? She likes raspberries and thought the combo sounded good...I am not crazy about raspberry so I wouldn't let her try it a several days ago when she made a cheesecake! LOL

Edited to say that I LOVE coconut though! :)

This message was edited Jan 16, 2013 4:04 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2013
5:12 PM

Post #9387600

This would be the one then?
http://pinterest.com/pin/63191200992914537/
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 16, 2013
5:14 PM

Post #9387602

it does look good!!! Well, when you both promise you'll be there, I'll make it ha ha.
Sarah_Claire
Little Rock, AR

January 22, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9393388

I plan to come too! Haven't been on DG for a while.
gen2026
Camden, AR

January 22, 2013
6:23 AM

Post #9393465

LOL... that is it Kathy. I have learned that a good friend of ours is getting married that day! :( He is a young man that graduated with Alex. He told me months ago that the wedding date was June 1 - and I told him I could remember that because it was my Dad's bday, and I STILL forgot that was the wedding. The wedding is at 2:30 in HS... I may just try to go to the shower in April and not attend the wedding. I will have to get closer to time and see what everyone else in the family is wanting to do. I didn't have a time until yesterday when I emailed his Mom and asked ... I had hoped it was evening so I could just do a lot of driving that day, but that isn't going to work. I haven't talked to Jessica about it yet - she might opt for us to just come to the plant swap especially if she knows there will be cheesecake! :-)

I really want to come if everyone is going to be there since it has been so long since we were all together in one place!

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
9:34 AM

Post #9394787

Uhhh, Kathy Ann---I love cheesecake and coconut and raspberries!! Big grin here. :D but since I am a lazy cook and I don't own a stand mixer, I will most likely never make that cheesecake. For me, it is Lawler's frozen cheesecake.
LOL
savagegardener
Middleton, TN
(Zone 7a)

January 25, 2013
9:49 AM

Post #9397210

I am backon DG and I am like Cindy ...unless all falls apart ...Max and I will be there. If thats OK ?? I have missed everyone ...lots to get caught up on

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2013
10:03 AM

Post #9397220

Hey Sharon!!! Welcome back!! You have been missed!!!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

January 25, 2013
10:33 AM

Post #9397231

Yeah! Good to see you Sharon !
OutsidePlaying
Laceys Spring, AL
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2013
3:05 PM

Post #9398423

Hey Sharon!! Welcome back!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2013
5:46 PM

Post #9398552

I haven't been here in a few days, hi Sharron!! would love to see you and Max!! Glad to see you back on dg. I'll go back up top and add sarah and you and take genna off. and I'll make that cheese cake just to spite her ha ha.

I think we'll just be doing finger foods for the RU instead of a main dish . this way we can snack as we go so to speak. I know, we do that anyway lol

Of course, that cheese cake isn't finger foods lol
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2013
6:06 PM

Post #9398562

I just created the event on FB feel free to invite anybody who is not there yet! I might have forgotten a few.
gen2026
Camden, AR

January 28, 2013
11:28 AM

Post #9400279

Forgot to ask Jessica about it this weekend when she was home for a short while... but I guess we have a little while to decide what we are doing in regards to the wedding. I will probably just try to make the shower and not go to the wedding so I can see all my DG buddies.

Anyone in the North Little Rock/Little Rock area know of anyone that might have a small apartment or guest house for rent? Or a space for a small travel trailer? OR any older people who might want to rent out a room in their home just to have someone around?

huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

February 2, 2013
10:56 AM

Post #9406022

Hi everyone, I'm starting to feel better after surgery and I'm looking forward to another RU and visiting with you all...Trish
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2013
4:36 PM

Post #9407359

I'm glad your coming Trish!! and Glad you are doing good after surgery, I didn't even know you had surgery.

I finally had a chance to talk to Danny about the camper /s that might be coming and will be coming, he said "Bring them on" he'll hook them up to water and electric. We have plenty of room. Jeri, if you had thoughts of bringing your hubs and the camper, bring it! and him for sure. maybe one of us can house cindy for the night too! I would love to see her come up here, and not have to go back the same day!

I'm excited for spring time.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 3, 2013
5:08 PM

Post #9407384

Mary goes to the surgeon in the morning so hopefully we will know what they intend to do with her and Jim goes to the Dr. Tue. PM to find out what is in our future. I'm praying if this has to be done for both that they will do it soon so I can make the trip. I know that God understands the need to see Yall.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 3, 2013
5:55 PM

Post #9407426

I'm way behind, haven't been following on the other thread, I know what's going on with mary, but not sure about Jim?

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 3, 2013
7:53 PM

Post #9407528

He went in Wed. for his vascular Dr. to do the dye test and stint anything that needed to be stinted but the blockages in his legs have gotten so bad he couldn't use the stints and wants now to do patches. Like I said before we go to that Dr. Tue. and hopefully will know more then.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2013
6:36 AM

Post #9407875

I didn't know that. I've not heard of patches before. I hope it works for him Keep us posted. I am watching this thread for updates.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9407973

Sure hope all goes well with both Jim and Mary!!

I have started a February chat thread so any of you can come over there if you just want to chat and Kathy Ann can still get her updates here. :)

Good to hear from you, Sharon. It will be good to see you and Max. You may not be aware of it but I have re-married and now live in the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri but we are very close to the Arkansas line so I still consider myself an "Arkie". LOL

Good to hear from Cindy and from Trish, too. Looking forward to seeing all of you in June!!

Kathy Ann, I think I told you before but our fifth wheel is 32 feet long. You had said that you could handle it there on your property but I'm not sure about the roads leading to your place. Do you think Al will have difficulty with that turn at the bottom of the hill just before you get to that bridge? Also, would he have to back his trailer up in order to get out of your place or is there a way he just pull around. (He isn't too good at backing up when it comes to the fifth wheel or other trailers---but don't tell him I said so. LOL)

This message was edited Feb 4, 2013 11:02 AM

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9407993

I thought all men were good at backing up trailers. Thought that's just a man thing!!! I used to own a big long trailer. It was extra tall and had a side door and a ramp. I could pull that thing anywhere but the one thing I couldn't do was back it up!! I actually could hook it up up myself! If it needed to be backed up to a loading dock I would just give them the keys to my suburban and tell them they would have tp put it where they wanted!!! They could back that thing up into a spot so tight I could barely get the door open to get in my surburan! Bet Danny can do the same thing!
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9408561

I dint know about all men, Charlotte, but Buddy was really good at backing up trailers. That is why I know Al is not so good, although he thinks he is good at it. ;0/. Of course Buddy had two long box trailers thst he used on his construction jobs which is why he wad so good at it--he had a lot of experience. Al does admit that backing up the fifth wheel is a pain. We are going to Petit Jean when we leave Kathy Ann's and Al told me to reserve a pull-through spot. :)

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2013
6:17 PM

Post #9408677

Richard used to be pretty good backing up a trailer although he had never really pulled trailers before. He wasn't always with me however. I could back it up somewhat but it took me a long time to work it into position. I kept it parked in back of my store and it had to be backed in. I would practice backing into it's spot so I at least had some knowledge of how to back it up in case I got into a situation where I had to back up and no one to help me. Everything works backward of what you do when your just backing up your car.

I was picking up some furniture from a house several weeks ago. I was parked in the front yard and when I got ready to leave I thought I was blocked in. Didn't see how I could get out. I went in to get the guys to move a truck that was blocking me. They said "oh we left you room to get out - do you want me to get it out for you?" He went out and maneuvered right between 2 trees and a truck quick as a flash!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2013
8:19 PM

Post #9408814

Al should have no trouble at all at the bottom of the hill. they have widened that road and turned that little wooden bridge into a massive bridge now, and the whole area is alot wider now, we have a 30 foot trailer, Danny has no trouble making that turn, I don't think Al will either. and he will have to pull all the way around the shop to the other side, he can just pull forward around there or go out into the field and back up next to the shop either way, we'll talk about that when you all get here. Danny will have it all figured out by then!!

did you all hear the good news? I'm going to get a great dane pup!! I'm excited, don't know yet when I'll get it. or what color or what sex yet. I guess i'll be deciding that in the next week or so.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

February 5, 2013
2:38 PM

Post #9409525

Wow, a Great Dane!! are you prepared to feed it--they get really big!! LOL I'm glad to hear that the road has been widened and that Al won't have any problem with the trailer. That puts my mind at ease. :)
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 5, 2013
4:15 PM

Post #9409628

I am prepared to feed it all leftovers from the garden, instead of giving them all away, this dog will learn to eat his /her veggies lol
busybee
Kentwood, LA
(Zone 8b)

February 10, 2013
8:15 PM

Post #9414832

Lisa and I are planning on comming.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

February 13, 2013
4:21 PM

Post #9418181

I'll put you both down !! Glad you will make it.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 24, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9459979

I've got the threads up finally to the food list and the swap list. post away!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303916/ Swap list

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303915/ Food list.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2013 6:35 PM

This message was edited Mar 24, 2013 6:35 PM
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 24, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9460523

Try this link for the Swap thread, hopefully it will work.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1303916/
Sarah_Claire
Little Rock, AR

March 25, 2013
7:10 AM

Post #9461075

Hi Kathy Ann! Just a reminder that I won't be able to come to the RU. That's the weekend of the Spring Garden Tour and I have promised my DIL that I would take her -- so must keep the family happy. Ya'll have fun and (ha! ha!) don't eat to much.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 25, 2013
9:49 AM

Post #9461306

Well it's looking likely I won't be making it either. Between Jim & Ashley our medical bills are adding up. Then after my wallet got stole and Jim not being able to work since Jan. 1 things are tight here!!

I know Yall will have fun!!! I'll just have to enjoy the pictures so don't forget to take them, PLEASE!!!!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

March 25, 2013
11:17 AM

Post #9461430

Things might change between now and then Jeri, it is a while yet !

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 25, 2013
1:34 PM

Post #9461589

I was doing pretty good until I got the Lakes bill for $55,000.00 for the original by-passes, Sat.. They said we owe like $150.00 but we are guarantee for another $6000.00+. I haven't even had time to call the ins. and hold on the line today. I don't understand it at all. To think there are at least 3 more from the Lake and then all the Drs. has me scared.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 25, 2013
3:34 PM

Post #9461715

Goodness Jeri! That doesn't sound right! Maybe your insurance co just hasn't paid it all yet.

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

March 25, 2013
5:33 PM

Post #9461835

It should go over into major medical with all he has had done too.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 25, 2013
8:33 PM

Post #9462043

Does it mean that if the insurance company doesn't pay that amount that we owe it?

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 25, 2013
9:55 PM

Post #9462088

I don't know Jeri. Does your bill say that it's been submitted to your insurance co. I would just call your insurance co even through you may have to wait await. Put your mind to ease!

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

March 26, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9462261

If it goes into major medical it should pay 100%. Most insurance companies do. I am sure you will not owe very much, doesn't Jim have Medicare? It will pay 80%

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 26, 2013
6:24 AM

Post #9462280

He has Humana Gold. His medicare pays for it.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 26, 2013
7:14 AM

Post #9462342

I don't understand what you mean about medicare paying for his humana. I have medicare and a Blue/cross Blue Shield supplement but I pay for it. What I'm thinking is that the amount they are showing you owe is what humana owes. Medicare pays first and then the balance is billed to the insurance co. At least that's how mine works. You may mean that the premiums are deducted from his SS. Richards has them deduct it from his SS and pay Blue/Cross for him. I prefer to just pay the premium myself and SS just deducts the medicare premium from mine.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 26, 2013
2:34 PM

Post #9462974

Humana Gold is the substitute for medicare. You can sign up for it once a year. The medicare money taken from his social security income pays for Humana Gold instead of medicare and so far it has been great. I just have to figure out this last statement.
marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

March 26, 2013
4:43 PM

Post #9463128

Good luck with figuring it all out, Jeri! I don't envy you that project!!

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 26, 2013
6:57 PM

Post #9463283

I know I could get a lower premium but I had rather go ahead and pay more and have to not worry about it. I have the top of the line BC/BS supplement and I don't ever pay anything! No co-pays, no deductible, etc. I've never paid a doctor or hospital anything since I've had it. The doctors all seem to love it. They keep having me come back and sending me to other doctors to have things checked!!

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 26, 2013
8:20 PM

Post #9463374

Here is the info for your area Charlotte:

[HYPERLINK@www.humana-medicare.com]

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 26, 2013
8:43 PM

Post #9463397

Plan C under Humana would be comparable to what I have. However my BC/BS is about $45 a month less. I think I pay about $155 a month for it. It's an auto deduct every month so don't remember exactly. But of course they still deduct medicare from my check. So I actually end up paying about $255 a month when you consider that. No deductibles, no co-pay, no networks, no referrals, etc. I figure the older I get the more I'm going to need the doctor so to me it's worth it (as long as I can pay it). Paying a little more to know I'm not going to get any kind of bill for whatever I have done is just peace of mind for me. I also like to be able to go to any doctor I want to go to.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

March 26, 2013
8:46 PM

Post #9463399

We personally don't pay anything our medicare money pays for the policy.

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

March 26, 2013
8:51 PM

Post #9463404

My medicare pays first - then whatever the balance is my supplement pays the rest (all of it). Of course my medicare money (which I still consider my money) pays for my medicare. I could just carry medicare but I would end up having copays and out of pocket expense.
crissyr
Fayetteville, AR
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2013
11:07 AM

Post #9472769

Put me in as a maybe, if I can get that day off from Hobby!
gen2026
Camden, AR

April 29, 2013
7:15 AM

Post #9500986

I am planning on being there. Jessica is planning to come too IF she isn't working that day. Not sure about Kyle yet...

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

April 29, 2013
1:28 PM

Post #9501483

Thought I would post a couple photos of plants that are coming up that I got from last year's RU at Jim's place.
The first one shows the Husker's Red Penstemon that Elaine gave me. The gaillardia that Sandra gave me is at the top of the photo. The second photo is a canna that Elaine gave me. I have 3 or 4 cannas that I had in the ground and they all made it through the winter. I wasn't sure they would because I am in a colder zone now (6b). They were all covered with a thick layer of leaves and I am sure that helped to keep them warm enough this winter. :)

Thumbnail by marsue   Thumbnail by marsue         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 5, 2013
7:15 AM

Post #9508848

I'm planning on being there. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Terrye
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 5, 2013
7:35 AM

Post #9508874

Terrye - good to see you posting! Seems like it has been forever... hope all is well!

Genna

slcdms

slcdms
Ripley, MS

May 5, 2013
7:43 AM

Post #9508880

Yeah, talked to Cindy and she is also planning on coming! Can't wait, I am getting excited now that May is here!
tryliv
Booneville, MS

May 5, 2013
11:18 AM

Post #9509143

Thanks, Genna. I've had some issues going and haven't posted in a while. I hope to see everyone in May and get caught up!

Terrye

cperdue

cperdue
Little Rock, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 5, 2013
11:24 AM

Post #9509145

Glad to see you are coming Terrye!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 7, 2013
1:57 PM

Post #9512129

Whoops! Can't make it. :/

I am hosting the RU in Greensboro North Carolina on the same day. Hope yours goes well. :)

If anyone is interested there is also an RU in southwest VA on May 11 at Fairy Stone State Park in Stuart, VA.

Have fun!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 16, 2013
4:42 AM

Post #9522393

Yesterday was my last day at work!! I am at home full time unless I have to help Danny . So I have two whole weeks to spruce up the place even more!! I'm excited at what lies ahead .

Now i'm off to scoop poop rofl.

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 16, 2013
5:52 AM

Post #9522456

Congrats Kathy!!! I know the plant world will be a better place with you having more time!!! YEAH!!!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 16, 2013
7:31 PM

Post #9523330

Ack. Poop scooping could be a full time job. Good luck with that too!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 16, 2013
7:48 PM

Post #9523355

No kidding on that lol
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2013
5:23 AM

Post #9526754

I tried like crazy to use the Garden party as a reason to get done with a few t hings unfinished in the house, but try as I might, it's not going to get finished. Back splashes are still on the floor in the kitchen, and there's now a small chip off the corner of one of them which will show when he puts it up on the counter cause they've been laying on the floor so long and the dogs keep walking all over them. UGHHH!! my bar isn't finished either, paint needs to be on the back of the island cabinet, oh well. Danny's so busy he can't even think straight. it will get done another day but not for the party. Lots of things he still wants to do here to the house, but his work is taking up all his time, and he can't find good help either. Darren recently quit his job and danny hired him but he isn't a carpenter, he's just helping with what ever danny needs done. Sooo, Darren isn't home at all now. I'm by my lonesome with the two danes. I'm cleaning more than I ever use to lol Seems the dogs eat twice as much now too ha ha. since their unkenneled all day long. and giving them a bath, well, it takes two of us to get them in the tub rofl.

I'm off to town to see about buying an acre of land in searcy somewhere, Danny has a house in town that has to be moved within two months or he has to give the house to someone. long story, but I'd like to find a piece of land to put it on . So , i'm off to the realestate company today.

On a good note, my yard looks good!!! lol and I'm ready for a party!!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2013
6:13 AM

Post #9526809

I could use a house . . ... :D

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 20, 2013
8:21 AM

Post #9526978

What are you doing, Amanda? I thought you had a house in NC.

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 20, 2013
9:19 AM

Post #9527057

I do Jeri - we rent a house in NC. But we're looking to move! We'll be looking within the next year or so probably to go out of state, maybe west! So we've been looking at houses. Over there. In zone 3. :/

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 20, 2013
2:25 PM

Post #9527422

OK I didn't know if one of the storms had hit you too!!
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 21, 2013
7:46 AM

Post #9528255

Zone 3 does NOT sound like fun to me!

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 21, 2013
10:13 AM

Post #9528412

Oh no dearie - we have Tstorms boiling up all around but I haven't had any tornado warnings, although looks like it will be another active hurricane season.

Zone 3 does not sound like fun to me either! In gardening terms, that is. There are cool jobs for me out there once I finish my masters in environmental science/natural resource management. Very interested in restoration projects and I've been watching the re-introduction of buffalo for a long time now - since about 1997 in Montana, I think. Up on into Canada in the Great Plains. Something about the wide open sky calls to me. I've lived in Boston and upstate New York. Can it be much worse than that ?! yeah, probably can. Will keep you posted.

A.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 29, 2013
7:29 PM

Post #9538935

Marilyn, I hope al doesn't mind unhooking from his camper when he gets it situated. Danny's going to have to work sat for a whole. And he pulls in the shop at night w his trailer in tow and pulls out forward and makes a big turn. The next day. The camper won't block him
But the truck attached to the camper will block the drive In the back.

Do u have any idea about what time u will arrive yet? Still just sometime in the afternoon right?

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2013
7:24 PM

Post #9540155

Have fun! I'm still not quite prepared for ours on Saturday, and I will have a houseful of people staying over beginning tomorrow afternoon.

Let the games begin!!!!

kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 30, 2013
8:04 PM

Post #9540206

Have fun Amanda!!
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2013
5:24 AM

Post #9540509

Thought y'all might not know about Mary's husband. He has stage4 renal cancer and its spread to his bones and his bones are full of holes because of it. Needless to say , she's been at his side in the hospital and won't be making the trip to the RU. So sad, I didn't know she was going through all this.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

May 31, 2013
6:35 AM

Post #9540588

I forgot to mention, this isn't jeri's Mary, this is Mary (busybee) who was goin g to attend the RU with us.
gen2026
Camden, AR

May 31, 2013
4:58 PM

Post #9541269

My prayers are with Mary D and her family... I know that must be hard on them!

jeri11

jeri11
Central, LA
(Zone 8b)

May 31, 2013
6:03 PM

Post #9541339

Yall all have a wonderful and safe RU!!!!
huneybunch_2000
Montrose, AR
(Zone 8a)

June 1, 2013
12:29 PM

Post #9542126

Im sorry I missed all of you..I started that way and about an hour up the road it hit something and had a blow out.. by the time I got somewhere to buy a new tire and get it mounted I had wasted about an hour and half. At that point I decided It would to late when I got there so I just turned around and came back home...I know you all had fun hopefully the weather was ok..it has rained here off and on all day...Trish
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2013
4:19 PM

Post #9542420

Oh Trish. You should have come on! I'm so sorry u missed it. We had a grand time even if it did rain! Ill post pictures soon.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 1, 2013
6:10 PM

Post #9542526

I'm going to make a new thread for the pictures, starting now, i'll come back here and post a link when I get finished.
kathy_ann
Judsonia, AR
(Zone 7b)

June 2, 2013
4:19 AM

Post #9542866

Here's the photo thread, I forgot to post that last night.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1315827/

AmandaEsq

AmandaEsq
Greensboro, NC
(Zone 7b)

June 2, 2013
4:12 PM

Post #9543580

Sorry to hear about Mary's husband. It's a hard road to haul.

I hope yours was enjoyable. I had a great time and wonderful weekend with RU guests who stayed overnight from FridAy thru Sunday morning. Sad to see them go, but the quiet is delicious.

We only had a few photographs, so hope someone will post on our Carolina RU thread.

Have a good evening.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Mid-South Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Mid-South Gardening forum! Terry 72 Jun 19, 2008 8:48 PM
Why Do Folks Love Living in the South? FlowrLady 174 Jan 21, 2008 1:12 AM
Look at my daffodils! chicochi3 37 Nov 6, 2007 4:00 PM
New to this forum corgimom 40 Jul 22, 2010 11:22 AM
Help!! My Hibiscus is ?????????? elamap 2 May 3, 2007 4:59 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America