Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

English Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)

Našice, Croatia(Zone 7a)

English Lavender
Lavandula angustifolia

Lavender seedling from branch

Thumbnail by Grannos
Magna, UT(Zone 7a)

Can you tell me how you were able to root the cutting?

Našice, Croatia(Zone 7a)

Sorry for the late reply. I didn`t get any notification about your comment.
Rooting is very easy. I simply cut that little branch, dipped it in honey (not entire branch, only part with the cut) and then I planted it in moist soil. Honey has natural growth hormones that can help rooting. As for the soil, it is best that it retains some water so that cutting doesn`t dry + always keep soil moist. Place cuttings in shade because sun would burn them. When you keep them in shade it is optimal situation for cutting to slowly produce food and develop roots. Direct sun would drain to much energy through the leafs.
Roots should form in 2-3 weeks. :)
In April I will make post on my private blog how to do that. (google: in between and undefined)

Magna, UT(Zone 7a)

Wow. That does sound so easy. Thank you.

Našice, Croatia(Zone 7a)

:)
Last year my success was around 85% so this year I`ll planting around 180 lavenders into the field. That is a good rooting percentage since I found my lavender two days after it was cut down. I never tried rooting thick branches so I am not sure how that would work.

Thumbnail by Grannos
Magna, UT(Zone 7a)

Oh, wow! Have fun planting all of those! 85% isn't too bad. If I find out if any of my lavender survived the winter, then I will have to give it a try; rooting cuttings.

Springdale, AR

Not a seedling. Seedlings come from seeds!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.