Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Mosaics and Stained Glass: New to Mosaic Mirrors-What Do You Think?

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 2, Views: 56
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Nickel_Treasure
Franklin, WI

January 9, 2013
11:40 AM

Post #9380165

I'm new to making mosaic mirrors. I'm a guy so I prefer more rustic, natural, and metal color tones. I prefer simple over intricate. I'm trying to bring a little different flair to mosaic mirrors in terms of shapes and materials. The square mosaic mirror is ok, it's just been done before so I'm trying to be a little unique.

I'm looking for feedback. Are these cool? Are they sellable? All feedback is appreciated.

Thumbnail by Nickel_Treasure   Thumbnail by Nickel_Treasure   Thumbnail by Nickel_Treasure   Thumbnail by Nickel_Treasure
Click an image for an enlarged view.

lovetopaint
Newark, DE

January 10, 2013
7:57 AM

Post #9380892

Hey Nickel,

I haven't done any mosaic work myself. I am reading and looking here to learn how, so I'm no help there. My opinion, however, is that I like your work. I am female but love the colors of the metallic tiles. By mixing them you have created something that would fit into any decor. I think that makes them very marketable because it is now very popular to mix the metals in your decor as well.

As for the football themed ones. How cool! You incorporated the teams colors in the borders so that makes it very appealing to those fans. Yes, I know football :-). Many people decorate their son's bedrooms with their favorite team colors and branded items, so that is one market, but you would also apeal to the "man cave" idea.

If you do not do craft shows, try Craig's List - there are no fees to sell anything. People come to you and buy or you meet them somewhere at your chosing. I would imagine you could sell quite a few from your "tailgate" at a Packers game. You could also go with eBay, especially if the finished product would fit into a flat rate Priotrity Mail box. That way, weight doesn't matter it's all the same price for shipping. Buyer pays shipping so you want it to be reasonable. You do pay fees on Ebay but only if it sells. You can list 50 things per month for free and it costs nothing unless it sells. Set your minimum price (plus a little for your fees) as your starting price, add what the shipping fee is in the correct spot - you already have the photos and there you go. The USPS will even deliver you shipping boxes to you for free, you print your postage from your computer and then schedule them to pick them up for free. You never have to leave your house!

Give it a try you have nothing to loose and a lot you could gain!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with the sales!

Debbie
Toomuchglass
South Milwaukee, WI

January 30, 2013
4:40 PM

Post #9403051

Hi Nickel Treasures ! I like the Packers one - of course I live in South Milwaukee ! LOL
I've made and sold tons of suncatchers and mosaics - Sport teams are always good sellers. If something is well made and priced right, it'll sell . If something is unique - it'll sell out ! Are you thinking of doing craft fairs ? Those might go good at a couple of the church fairs around us - right before football season .

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 272 Aug 9, 2014 2:11 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America