AuthorContent

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 11, 2013
11:31 AM

Post #9382106

I am sure some of you on the Texas Fourm that attended our North Central and Burleson RUs in the past remember Debnes as we called her and her husband Kevin. He passed away at home on New Year's Eve. She is having a memorial for him on January 13th. She posted on facebook and wants those that remember her to know about her loss. If you want to send a card showing her support, I have the address information and can send it by dmail. She would love to see some of her DG friends at the memorial in support of her and the children.

The obituary reads:
Kevin B. Magnes passed away Monday, Dec. 31, 2012, at his home. Memorial service: 2 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 13, at Keller Round House, 107 W. Vine, Keller. Survivors: His loving family and friends.

This was her post on facebook:
THE MEMORIAL SERVICE
for my dear husband
KEVIN MAGNES
will be this Sunday January 13th at 2:00PM.

... Keller Roundhouse107 W. Vine St.Keller, TX 76248Plenty of Bar B Q, Sides &Bread, Some Thai Food, Noodles, Sweets, and a big Cake. To send anything ahead please message me and I will give you my home address, and I will bring plants and arrangements with us on Sunday. Everyone is welcome.♥ Thank You All So Very Much for your thoughts and prayers, and sharing this celebration of an amazingly blessed husband, son, father, and friend. ♥

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 12, 2013
2:22 PM

Post #9382973

Frank and I plan to be there.
Josephine.

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 12, 2013
9:51 PM

Post #9383309

We. will be also. It will be cold tomorrow but the m
emorial will be indoors.
Smockette
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 12, 2013
10:15 PM

Post #9383324

I'm in town & going to pick up Sylvia & will see ya'll in Keller!!!
:~)

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 13, 2013
7:02 AM

Post #9383490

So glad, look forward to seeing you two again.

Sheila_FW

Sheila_FW
Fort Worth, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 13, 2013
5:06 PM

Post #9384013

Well we had a good group there for the memorial service today. God showed up along with a lot of other friends. The house was packed as they say, and lunch had been provided by friends of the family. I learned a lot about Kevin from his long time friends and the family speaking of him. There were seven of us from Dave's Garden there, which was a nice number. Thanks for the prayers that the family will need going forward, and I will still send by dmail the address where she can receive a card.

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 14, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9384525

Yes, it was a lovely gathering, friends came from as far as Chicago and one of them a police officer played Amazing Grace on the bagpipes, it was all very touching.

His coworkers spoke at length and had very good things to say about Kevin, especially how he was a very spiritual person.

His son Kirby also spoke about how he realized that he didn't listen to his father when he should have, but promised to assume more responsibility for the household.

Deb spoke about how they met and about the love they shared during their years together.

God Bless you all Deb, Jackie, Kirby, and Ben, we love you.
Smockette
Magnolia, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2013
8:45 PM

Post #9386678

Not much to add to what Sheila & Josephine said but that was this was one of the most touching services I have ever been to. I have already said I wish I had a tape of it.
It was reverent, beautiful, touching, cheerful, sad, & every other adjective you could say about a Memorial!!!
Kevin was a well-loved, respected, God-loving man.
Rest in Heaven, my friend!!!
:~)

Loonie1

Loonie1
Rowlett, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 16, 2013
12:44 PM

Post #9387341

I am just now reading this -- in shock! Sheila, will you Dmail Deb's address to me? I will get a card off to her. I had no idea that he was even sick. :-(

Carla
cindylove
Lewisville, TX
(Zone 7b)

January 18, 2013
9:19 AM

Post #9389154

I am just reading this now as well!!! Oh my goodness!!! Sheila, would you please dmail me Deb's address as well, as I would also like to send a card!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America