Seattle, WA

Please id this shrub. Photos taken today in Seattle, WA.

Thanks

Thumbnail by vngarden Thumbnail by vngarden Thumbnail by vngarden
Groveland, FL

cotoneaster?

Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes, i was thinking the same, possibly "microphylla" but the leaves are very glossy.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

Were there any blooms on the plant? Reminds me of Lonicera or Rhaphithamnus.

Bristol, United Kingdom

This also has the look of Escallonia.

Seattle, WA

It just shows buds right now. The plant should be in bloom in about 2-3 weeks. I photoed this plant about 2 blocks away from home so I'll be right back there to photo the flowers.

I would eliminate Escallonia. I keep other options open.

thanks

It is highly probable to be a Cotoneaster. The glossy leaves are due to my editing. I settle this as a species of Cotoneaster.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Northumberland, United Kingdom(Zone 9a)

Not sure what, but not a Cotoneaster

Resin

San Francisco, CA

it made me think of a plant I have not seen for a very long time, so I may be way off, but check out Cotoneaster conspicuus (very odd spelling burned into memory in college).

Seattle, WA

Maybe it is not a species of Cotoneaster. The flowers are tiny and inconspicuous as that of Symphocarpus judging by the buds.

I'm hoping someone offers something different. I'll be back there to photograph the flowers to have a better chance of accurate of identification.

Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

I still think it looks like Lonicera, maybe pileata. I also have a suspicion it might be a Daphne but the leaves aren't clumped at the ends of the branches as I'm familiar with.

Seattle, WA

I uploaded an image of L. pileata for comparison. I think the leaves formation looks different.

Photographed in Seattle, WA around Spring, 2012

Thumbnail by vngarden
Beautiful, BC(Zone 9b)

A bloom pic would help.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Can you even tell whether that plant has opposite vs. alternate arrangement of foliage? That third pic seems to show opposite foliage, but I'm not sure.

That would reduce some of the WAGing (from Cotoneaster to Lonicera) because it couldn't be either/or.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.