I am trying to find a light that hangs aroung the neck

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

Re-posting- originally posted in Sewing & Quilting-
I am going bonkers trying to find something-! (happens a lot)! Awhile ago I watched a program-I think it was on HGTV- showed a lady doing some hand work. She had this fabulous light hanging around her neck that lit up her work perfectly. I noted the name, went and googled it- found that it sells for $99. Now I can't find any reference to it whatsoever no matter how I search. Can someone please help me? I think I want to buy one but can't find it anywhere.

Delray Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Hi.

My wife went on a needlepoint streak a few years back. However, her eyes are not as sharp they used to be. She paid big bucks (I always stay out of it) for a contraption that consisted of a 6-inch magnifying glass with lights. The whole thing rested on her chest, on 2 little no-slip pads. It was kept in an upright position through a lanyard that went behind her neck. I took one look at that thing and told myself: this is the stuff cr*p is made of, but I wisely kept my opinion to myself.

For weeks on end, she tried to get used to that device, but it was just as I thought. The magnifying glass fell into disuse and was relegated to her needlework stash. It was eventually given to someone who admired it. She now uses an OTT daylight, true color floor lamp positionned by her chair. And it turns out she didn't need the magnifying glass. Her reading glasses do a great job. We bought the lamp at Big Lots for $29 and they work so well, I got myself one for my reading chair, too.

Sylvain.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Was in Harbour freight yesterday, not sure it's what you are looking for but maybe you could try there...yellow contraption

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

Home Depot has this one-

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=Light for the head&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+Al

I think they also have one that has 3 lights on it. I saw someone wearing it around the neck.
Looked very usable for what you wanted. Gita

OOps--That link did not work. Try this one:.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=Headlights.&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All

This message was edited Feb 5, 2013 4:52 PM

Richland, WA(Zone 7b)

I got one from Amazon- it's great.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images