AuthorContent

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2013
5:09 AM

Post #9384272

Welcome come join us. Tell us about your pets and selves. Here we chat, laugh and even cry together

We came form here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293074/

Thumbnail by wren107
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2013
5:41 AM

Post #9384310

Good Morning!

Sandy - thanks for the new thread!

BonnieB - and what are the tomatoes you are getting this year?

Debbie - what did Izzy do this time?

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 14, 2013
6:08 AM

Post #9384342

Izzy didn't do anything, I think it ws mostly the wind...and She just needed to go out ...three times. And it was the cats I think causing her upset, for some reason they are suddenly very nocturnal.

Ready to strong up DH. Didn't tell me we are out of coffee.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 14, 2013
6:32 AM

Post #9384396

Good morning. Up and had some sausage and some coffee and need to dress and get my day going.

Tammy, last year we had such a horrible growing season and the only tomato that did well was Celebrity. We will grow that one for sure. Another one was Brandwine, and I like the Cheokee Purple. For canning purposes Rutgers.

Will check with the florist and if they are not busy, will go help get that computer up and running. May make a run to Sam's later in the day.

All my animals behaved last night, so sleep was uninterrupted.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 14, 2013
10:04 AM

Post #9384659

Will start with Good Afternoon as it will be when I finish this.

DH and I had to get up and get going early this morning. He has been having terrible pain in the upper teeth. So I called and made an appointment for him and made one for myself. What a fast hour and 15 minutes. The Dentist pulled 2 of his teeth and fixed and filled 3 of mine. My mouth is at that fat feeling stage. I go back next week to get the other side done and a cleaning. He does not believe in doing unnecessary dental work. Think I might of found the Dental office of my dreams. At my age I don't require excellent looking teeth. Just want ones I can chew with and enough for a good smile.

BonnieB I have grown tomatoes that are 80 day. I prefer to stay at 75 or less. Last year I grew Big Mama Love these, Opalka love these, kelloggs breakfast will not grow again. The couple of tomatoes I got were good. Didn't produce enough for me. Sunsugar to grab and eat and for salads.

This year I am looking to grow Big Mama and Opalka. Looking at Amish Paste, Old German,and Terenzo to try. But I could change my mind before I order. I am a lazy caner and prefer as big as possible tomatoes to work with! What can I say? Insert shoulder shrug.

Deb was going to ask you if it was the wind and I went and looked again. I figured we have been windy for about 3 days it should be hitting you also.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 14, 2013
10:29 AM

Post #9384682

Vicki, the wind moved in here about 11:00 last night, and although it has never bothered her before, it has started too. We had a doozy of a windstorm when the storm door flew open and shattered last year. Ever since then, I have to sleep down here with her if she is bothered. She will sleep in kitchen on her bed...but just needs someone nearby.

Glad to hear all went fairly well at the dentist. I guess I am at the opposite of the spectrum for you. Even at my age ..I would want braces. I hate smiling in public, have two teeth that are "bonded" and twice the size thickness and I hate eating in public because of it. I have wanted braces my entire life and it was always "NO" or then the kids came first. I feel it just holds me back and causes shyness with people.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 14, 2013
10:37 AM

Post #9384690

Perfect teeth are nice to have. I just don't like seeing someone smile and their teeth are all rotted and broken. I had a silver cap on my front tooth until I was 15 or 16 and yes I was very consious of it and it affected my smile. But I have to say not too many kids said anything to my face about it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2013
10:46 AM

Post #9384707

I will have a very, very tired dog tonight. He has been outside all day supervising the yard work. If I go out there he will go play with the eggee

Well I have the calenders printed and bond and have envelopes now to put them in them, find addresses and get them mailed.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 14, 2013
10:51 AM

Post #9384712

Sandy you are so busy! I am surprised Andre' isn't tired from keeping up with you.

Vicki, I was teased my entire life, and in 1990 right before I married DH, a wonderful dentist did the bonding for my two teeth that
are set way back on the top, so my wedding pictures would look nice. He said they were "temporary" and would fall out within two years.
Well, they are STILL intact, and it has been 23 years!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2013
2:18 PM

Post #9384931

Debbie I sat on my "A" and watched the yard guys work. We now have 2 new level walkways, they will finish the last 3rd later. Tomorrow or in a few days they will be back to plant the plants that I bought Friday and the ones I get today. The only thing I did was take the calenders to the shop to be bond and bought more stuff. LOL

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 14, 2013
2:58 PM

Post #9384974

Got in a nap and I am still tired. Can just image how DH feels. Gotta find something soft for supper.

Sandy did you get pictures of the walkways?

Deb that is like the dentist telling me the tooth with the root canal would get brittle and I would need a crown. No crown yet.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 14, 2013
3:22 PM

Post #9384997

Vicki Not yet will take a picture after they plant the boarder.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2013
4:27 PM

Post #9385088

Sounds like a pretty good day for folks here.

Funny - I was going to suggest Kellogs Breakfast to BonnieB 'cause its been our workhouse in tough weather. And then Vicki goes and says it didn't produce well! 70% of the roasted sauce in my freezer is yellow from those 'maters! Must be a regional thing.

BonnieB - a good nights' sleep is like gold. Very happy for you!

Vicki - glad to hear you found a dentist you like. I would do anything I could to keep my teeth. Have not (yet) had to make a decision on beauty type issues iwth my teeth. I have a terrible underbite that would require jaw surgery to fix. I will NOT do that... but that leaves too little room to do anything about the crowding/overlapping of teeth on the lower jaw.

Debbie - you just sounded so frustrated w/Izzy this morning. Sounds like a rough night sleep wise?

Sandy - congratulations on the progress with the calendars!

I am very happy to say I found someone to transport the rocks for the flower show. That was the big item that's caused me to lose sleep. Whew!

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 14, 2013
6:31 PM

Post #9385208

Quack Quack - Duck Dynasty is on.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 14, 2013
6:40 PM

Post #9385218

OK. Found it and will give it a look see. Thanks Loretta!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 14, 2013
7:12 PM

Post #9385289

Yes, I was very frustrated with Izzy. She wouldn't go out before bed, growled at me and showed her teeth when I took her by the collar. SO I let her
go to her bed, and then an hour later she is barking to go out, and doing it every 20 minutes or so. Its just hard for me going up and down the stairs
and in the middle of the night it isn't that welcoming.

I did not know it until DH sent me an email that the cats had messed on her bed...which was probably her issue and without my contacts in, I couldn't
see it. Sigh.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 14, 2013
7:20 PM

Post #9385305

Tammy, I like Kelloggs Breakfast and it has always produced well for me. I like the heirlooms but if I have grown them and they are good producers, I will grow just about anything. I like the Cherokee Purple for a good eating tomato. They do not have any shelf life, but they are good slicers to just eat. I like the brandywines, as they are big enough to slice and I even throw them in the juice or roasted sauces. For canning whole tomatoes or juice the Rutgers do well. Produce smooth medium size tomatoes with no big cores or blemishes.

Vicki there are some very good 65 day varieties. Since your growing season is shorter than mine, I certainly would give them a try.

The lady who has been elected to help me with the church treasury and secretarial duties came down tonight, and we worked a while Had made a blackberry cobbler to serve as a dessert about halfway through the work. Her DH and little son came with her. He is 20 months old, and into everything. His DD, and my DH entertained while we worked on church stuff.

While we were working, I had a call from a preacher who needed me to fill in for him this coming Sunday. He has a family situation that he needs to drive to Connecticut. I will work tomorrow on a sermon for that sunday, and then I preach again on February 3, filling in at a church where the pastor has graduated seminary, and will be away for graduation. That will be priority this week, before anything else gets done.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 14, 2013
8:00 PM

Post #9385371

Evening everyone! Finally made it here.

Diesel has been a little pistol all day - its very windy out - and that usually means he will be beyond hyper.He has finally settled down in his spot by the bed but hasn't closed his eyes. He is too busy watching me and trying to figure out what I am doing next. Almost afraid to say anything but Quill is doing really well. This is the best I have seen her in months. She is active, brings her ball for me to toss and I can't fill her up.Her back legs especially the one is very wobbly but once she gets up and on her 4 feet she does well.

Poor Izzy and poor Debbie! My 2 are bringing in muck every time they come in - all that rain over the weekend has made the lane very soggy and muddy. Same conditions for Miss Izzy?

Bonnie when you go back to Katy will the boys go with you? Did you sleep well last night?

There has been quite a commotion across the lake and I was shocked at what someone has tried to slip through the by-law office. A man came from Toronto with lots of cash and proceeded to buy up the smaller seasonal cottages across the lake. He has a section of 3 places to the north of the Township beach and 2 places south of the beach. He has had it all surveyed and tried to slip in a clause for his severences whereby he would buy the Township beach and give back to the Township 2 of the parcels he has bought. He wants to put in a marina plus a small motel with a bar. Of course the Township Beach is beautiful, a prime location and the parcels that he will so gladly deed back to the Township are horrid.The village is in an uproar. I worked the phones for a few hours today trying to get people to come out to the Township meeting on Thurs. night. I am all for making the village a better place to shop and to provide desperately needed jobs but the way he went about it is very underhanded. Did this developer honestly think he could pull the wool over everyones' eyes? I have had a great deal of experience with this township and severances so 1 of the council members called me on Sunday asking if I would help protect what the village has in place and help make the villagers aware that they are in danger of losing their beach area completely. We (DH and I) almost sold 155 ac to what turned out to be a far out religious cult who wanted to set up a commune. They were going to build 40 10'x10' cabins and 1 huge dining area where they would all take their meals. There was just something the guy who was representing the group (Although at that time he pretended it was just 1 person - himself who was going to build) said that made my warning signs go flash. I was able to track down who he actually was and what was exactly going to happen on the land. He had tried the same thing near the Barrie area and the sale had almost gone through before everything caught up with him. It seems the developer across the lake is not affliated with the fellow W and I dealt with back in 2001. Makes my blood burn when these larger corporations come in and try and bambozzle the locals.

BonnieB I am slowly getting all the grit and dust cleaned up and the walls washed. This shop vac is huge - it is a professional type. We used it in the glass workrooms. It stands about 3ft tall and as big around as a bushel barrel so there was lots of junk, grime and dirt flying around. You will do really well with these 2 sermons coming up - I know you will.

Tam sounds like you are feeling a bit better today. Sure hope so, you had quite a case of the crud.How is DH feeling today? Wooo hooo on Scirroco gaining some weight.

Well I had better go empty the dishwasher and clean the sinks so I don't come out to a mess in the morning.

Sweet dreams everyone!
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 14, 2013
8:46 PM

Post #9385434

Dianne, it has been rather dry and no mud here, just wind. Izzy went out on the weekend and played quite a bit. We just watched the weather and calm tonight but a high wind warning for Wednesday again. I will probably just park it on the couch if it is and never mind the up and down trips.

I ended up doing a later grocery shop leaving here at 7:00 and got back home right at 9:00ish. DH stayed up to help me carry things in. Our anniversary
is this weekend and I need to come up with something for him...besides a 2 X 4!!!

Tam, are you feeling better? I hope you are not over doing it!!! (stern finger shaking).

Dianne, I think I know the area you are talking about across the way...which was beautiful. Sure hope that doesn't happen on that quiet peaceful lake.

Waving to all...I need to get to bed.

Sweet dreams to you all also
Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2013
1:48 AM

Post #9385513

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 15, 2013
5:39 AM

Post #9385611

Good Morning!

Poor Izzy! That darned cats got her bed?

Debbie - not doing more than using my brain, voice & fingers again in exchange for a paycheck. :-) I hope you got a good nights rest last night! Are you making dinner for your anniversary? Maybe you could come up with something the two of you could make together?

Dianne - so happy to hear Quill is doing well. Its awful how we have to be vigilant against people & corporations ready to take for their own profit.

BonnieB - maybe I'll give Rutgers a try. I've had other hybrids developed with the same line as Rutgers but never that famous one itself. Thanks for the tips You sure are gonna be busy getting those sermons ready. I guess you try to have a spare in the bag for short notice needs?

Sandy - good morning!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2013

Post #9385639

Good morning. It is super cold here. I have some bills to pay, and some paper to wade through, but need to head to Sams as our paper goods supply is nil! That just won't do.

Tammy, the rutgers is a good canning tomato and it was absent from the market for several years, as some saw it as an old variety not worthy of any kind words. However, around here there has been a resurgance of interest in it, and it is available in several catalogs.

Dianne, still working on the dirt, grit that came out of that vacuum. I sure hope that I don't have to deal with anything like that. I have enouch current dirt that I don't need to seek out any more!

Yes, I do try to keep a couple of sermons on the shelf, for just such instances as this one. I will go over one and make sure that it is good to go. I always try to become familiar enough that I don't have to read, but maybe only glance at notes. Also like to time them to see if they are within acceptable limits.

Also have more year end reports for the church that will be due by the first of next week, so HAVE to get them done.

~~~ and may be absent for most of the day trying to get it all done.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 15, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9385642

Morning!

Bonnie I will try Rutgers as it has been years since I did. The local nursery carries the plant and they are nice sized. If I go with a 65 day tomato they will ripen while the beans are ready to pick. I don't have time to do both at once. But will look again at 65 day one.Don't like juciey ones for canning or small tomatoes to work with. For me it all comes down to a time factor.

Coffee gone. Time for breakfast. Will try to comment more later. I have to work today as Manager has an all day meeting. So I get tomorrow off.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 15, 2013
7:21 AM

Post #9385717

Morning...

I think my new pillow helped me sleep last night and being so over tired. Laid down and heard nothing but my snoring waking me up a couple times! Poor DH!

I put coffee on and still haven't had a cup as miss Darla needs some grandma love here. I feel like a pirate with a little kitten on my shoulder instead of a parrot!
She reminds me of a squirrel with her long tail and way she will hold onto it.

Going for coffee and breakfast

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      
Click an image for an enlarged view.

gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
9:33 AM

Post #9385881

I will be glad to start a new thread on this all its own, if this question is to depressing. I was however, wondering about when you know its 'time' to do the unthinkable.

My 16 year old cant cant eat anymore without pain or dropping the food out of his mouth. He doesnt really walk well or steady, but is very alert when awake. It seems his life has come down to sleeping or meowing for food which he cant eat. The vet says I could pull all of his back teeth, but he might not make it thru surgery. Does anyone have any words of wisdom for when your keeping the pet alive for you, but are not really doing the right and humane thing for him. Im so afraid Im subconsciously thinking of money and not the cat, on the other hand, is putting him thru the surgery etc. humane either???? One thing is for sure, after such a good life, I dont want to slowly be starving him to death.

pam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 15, 2013
9:55 AM

Post #9385909

Pam,

I'm so sorry you are at this point with your cat. (what is his name?) If the vet is telling you he might not make it through surgery, that's a big clue that its not the right choice for him. And it sounds to me that your gut is telling you his time has come. Oh this is the very most difficult time in our relationship with our pets!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 15, 2013
11:13 AM

Post #9385994

Pam, I agree with Tam, your gut is telling you "it is time". There is a saying about quality of life vs. quantity. Your baby does not have much quality of life right now, and is hurting. Sixteen is up there for a kitty...you have been blessed to have a furbaby sixteen years. And at that age, I do not think it is fair to put him through surgery.

I am so sorry you have to make this decision, we sure understand how you are feeling. Sending hugs for strength...

Debbie
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2013
11:17 AM

Post #9386002

Pam, I feel for you since I have been in your position more than once...I had a cat and I selfishly made her stay as I could not imagine life without her..she was 18. It is never an easy decision...but it is sometimes the loving one to make..Listen to your heart it knows.
Melva

This message was edited Jan 15, 2013 1:18 PM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2013
12:31 PM

Post #9386109

Pam I agree with the others. I once make the mistake of not allowing one of my cats a gentle escape and he was not old but he had cancer. I will never make that mistake again.

Sandy
gardenglory
Gainesville, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
1:22 PM

Post #9386188

Thanks all! Im headed to Tai Chi for a little stress relief. BooBoo is laying peacefully in front of the space heater, even tho its a warm day, he loves the heat. You all are right, I know what I need to do, but havent come to terms with leaving the house with him for the last time. It wont be long tho. Thanks for your help.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2013
2:08 PM

Post #9386285

Pam, just finding this, but wanted to ask, and to add some things.

Do you know a vet that would come to the house to euthanize BooBoo, so that he wouldn't have to leave the house for the last time? It would be such a kindess if you could find someone. It would be just like going to sleep. My sister had a vet who was able to come put her beloved Norwich terrier down. So much more civilized. And not as stressful on the humans either.

Just my 2 cents worth. I am so sorry that you are having to make this heartwrenching decision.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2013
6:14 PM

Post #9386558

Well, I have been doing some paperwork and reading over my sermon for Sunday. I always keep a few ready in case I am called to preach. I will just need to get more familiar with it, and time it, so that I will know if it is in the time frame that is acceptable (to me).

Tammy, I don't think I commented on Scirroco's weight gain. It is a small bit, and come to think of it, I think your mystery has been solved. She just wasn't wanting that food. At this point, I would just let her eat what she wants, and if there are problems down the road address them then. How are you feeling today?

Debbie, forgotten the bunny's name, but looks like he was having a bad hair day! Looks like one side of his nose has been licked and plastered down. Ya reckon the cats have taken over his grooming?

Dianne, hope you are doing okay and that you are keeping safe on that ice. I just looked outside and it is sleeting. The sidewalk in front is covered, and the deck is covered. Sure hope we don't lose power. May have to do what I did several years ago when an ice storm hit. We were without power about 24 hours, then ours came on, but all of the neighbor's were still without power. After several days, they discovered we had power and they began bringing meat and asking me if I would cook it so it wouldn't spoil. Well word went out and anybody who was able to walk and get here had hot food, and the use of the shower, and a chance to get really warm. I didn't enjoy the duration of it, but was glad I was able to help out some. Before our power came on, I was cooking on a gas grill just outside our back door. It was a chore cleaning off the ice first, but after that, it sure came in handy.

Elsie, so what interesting calls have you had this week?

Think Sandy has a "wanted dog". Hehe.

Bonnie, I am hoping that you are feeling much better and that you are getting some answers to some of your health questions.

Vicki, I know when you work you don't need garden stuff coming on all at once. I used to dread the garden when I worked. It meant after putting in a long day, I would come home and can at night. I really don't see how I did it, but I was lots younger then.

Melva, what has your weather been like? I talked to my neighbor who spent Christmas in Texas with their son, and I really don't know where they were, but he said they had snow for Christmas.

Terese, guess that you are enjoying the warmth of the seashore. Just soak up some sun for me.

Well, need to go and do a couple of other things, then I am going to bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 15, 2013
6:27 PM

Post #9386574

BonnieB - I enjoyed your post tonight. (Always do.) There's probably more to it than just changing from weight loss type to regular food but we're happy she's going the other direction with her weight again. We stopped giving her the prednisone when she bottomed out at 6.4lbs. She was running at first sight of us and it wasn't helping. So it was really good to see we didn't made a bad choice there either. And I'm feeling better. Still an awful cough. Suspect that will go on for a week or two. But took the last antibiotic tonight. Put in a full & productive day at work.

And speaking of productive, the girls provided us with 8 eggs yesterday & another 6 today. I'm getting a kick out of the size difference between smallest & largest. Here's yesterday's haul.

Good night all. And good luck with your decision about Boo Boo Gardenglory.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 15, 2013
6:28 PM

Post #9386575

BonnieB you are right the bad boy has gone to far. There is a wanted poster out for him

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2013
6:34 PM

Post #9386584

Sandy I saw that! Too funny.

Tammy, the top middle, all I can say is "Ouch".

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 15, 2013
6:49 PM

Post #9386601

Amen Bonnie! I can't believe that poor hen survives every time I find one of those GIANT eggs. I'm pretty sure its the sex-link hen I got this spring as a chick. She's one of my favorites too - always comes running when she sees me.

Sandy - aw... he's way too cute to be a criminal of any sort. :-)

Tam (really going to bed now)
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 15, 2013
7:26 PM

Post #9386634

This morning I woke, and looked outside, and saw snow! Not a lot but...it snowed around 5:30...I fell back asleep until a sound woke me again...it was Phil...the traffic was a mess going into Dallas so he stayed home and worked on the computer...the wintery mix was totally unexpected so the roads had not been sanded so I am thinking a lot of people stayed home. It has been very cold and yes, we did get a white Christmas, a really pretty fluffy snow. Corky has been driving me nuts wanting out, then in...its so cold outside I am real attentive to his desires..next week we are putting in a pet door for him.
So I haven't been on the computer much today...Phil hogged it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
4:06 AM

Post #9386794

Morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 16, 2013
5:55 AM

Post #9386870

Good Morning!

Snow in Texas... such odd weather! Stay warm Melva.

Its a mess outside here - sleeting and grey. Glad I don't have to leave the house.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9386885

Well, we have sleet. Not a lot, but while it was coming down last night, it sure coated everything. DH went out to see if he could scrape the windows on his truck, and evidently was successful as he left. He checks in at the pool hall in a nearby town, so guess that is where he has gone. I am going to do some paperwork and if it clears up any will go to the grocery later today.

I am not anxious to get out there and risk broken bones.

Melva, don't blame you for going back to bed. I let Mr. B out about 5 and thought I probably wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, but did and I am so glad that my day didn't start that early.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 16, 2013
7:03 AM

Post #9386949

Not a good start to my morning...

Hubby is in urgent care, chemical burns on his back. Waiting to hear if they are sending him to Strong or can handle it.

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
7:07 AM

Post #9386952

Oh Debbie, sending prayers for you and your DH.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 16, 2013
7:22 AM

Post #9386968

Oh Debbie There for you guys. Hugging you right now.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
7:46 AM

Post #9387001

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Debbie and Family}}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
7:50 AM

Post #9387007

Andre is at the kennel for 3 days and she loved the copy of the Wanted poster

Bird feeders are full

I have the few things that I want to take to Bonnie's tomorrow

SO now I have my swollen feet propped up-knee does not like that but tuff.
Also I did not tell y'all but looks like I will not be riding the bike for a few months. Knee will not let me and I want to put off having anything done to it until after I get this dental work done.

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 16, 2013
8:05 AM

Post #9387019

He is cleaned up, patched up with some meds...and going back to work!!

Silver Nitrate burns are NOT fun. You get it on you and do not know until it hits light...then starts to develop and burn.
Somehow it got on his protective suit and burned through...but didn't feel the "burn" til the light was on him.
I really hate this stuff.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 16, 2013
8:39 AM

Post #9387081

He's back to work? I'm glad it got addressed but really... back at work? I assume he's got a new
protective suit (which doesn't sound all that protective!)

Sandy - sorry to hear about the knees.

Well its just one of those days you are really happy not to have to go outside. Everything is coated in ice! The wind is howling and its still very grey.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
9:23 AM

Post #9387136

Debbie so glad to hear that DH is okay, but I am like "work, really?" Men, can't live without them, but it is hard to live with them sometimes.

I have been getting lots accomplished. That is a good feeling. I am using my delegative powers, and have called several women of the church to help with a reception that we are having Saturday, and with a pot luck that we are having on Sunday. I have gotten 4 positive replies to my request for help in my absence on Sunday. Wahoo!

Back to the grindstone, as I still have plenty of church work to get done.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 16, 2013
10:38 AM

Post #9387204

Just spent 2 hours on the phone talking to an old friend. Phone was just about dead. Gotta get that new battery. So haven't gotten anything done today. Oh well have the afternoon yet.

Deb that is good news. Going back to work? Men! Are you relaxing now?

BonnieB want to come and get me organized. I know you are just too busy.

Sandy Andre is back at the kennel? Well get some rest. Do you have enough support under your knee like under the knee itself?

Better go and get something done.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
10:42 AM

Post #9387207

Vickie Road trip tomorrow
Can not get the support for the knee right.

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 16, 2013
10:59 AM

Post #9387228

Be careful Sandy.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 16, 2013
1:06 PM

Post #9387378

Actually, I took a nap, got up in time to take Nate to lunch! LOL We went to Panara Bread, his favorite. I don't think I told you he got into college
and leaves Monday for the Spring Semester. He also is staying in a dorm room up there. I am really proud of him and hope he can do this.

DH went back to work, said his Boss sent him to urgent care, he wouldn't' have gone! He has been dealing with these burns for 30 years now,
and there have been some very bad ones. AND he is now at the Red Cross giving his bi-weekly apheresis donation. He has to lay on his back
for two hours while doing that. He is stubborn.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
1:29 PM

Post #9387402

Sandy or Debbie -- do you know what this is? I'm guess it's a native, as it seems to be along the "do not disturb" area of the beach.

Thumbnail by tcs1366

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
1:35 PM

Post #9387408

real quick... we are heading out to dinner...

here is my bedroom, the living area and the Pool, which is right off our patio

The 2nd BR, which is DH's room and the bed was not made... is about the same size, but more in "Blue"
mine has a bath right in it, where his is in the hall.

Seems to be a pretty old building, but the rooms are nicely updated.

Thumbnail by tcs1366   Thumbnail by tcs1366   Thumbnail by tcs1366      

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
1:35 PM

Post #9387409

Debbie, I hope his burn is not too bad. You can't teach an old DH new tricks. Congrats to Nate!!

Sandy, I sure hope your knees feel better.

Terese, those are very pretty. How are you both feeling?

That snow and ice sure was fun this morning - NOT! I left work early so I could get home before dark. I don't need to be slipping and sliding on ice I can't see.

I have done something to my wrist and it's so painful. I need to stop knitting until it feels better. My co-worker noticed how swollen it is. I didn't even notice.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
1:36 PM

Post #9387410

Terese, that looks like a really nice place you are staying at.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 16, 2013
1:56 PM

Post #9387424

Terese, great pictures!~

I think this is the flower is int he flowering jasmine family

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 16, 2013
2:03 PM

Post #9387432

Terese that looks like a nice place.

Elsie get a Mueller Compression and support glove. WM around $8. If you wear it when sleeping your hand doesn't flop around. Like when on your side and your arm is sticking straight out and the hand falls backwards. Gosh that is hard to explain. I still wear one at work all the time for my right hand/wrist.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
2:40 PM

Post #9387462

Terese I do not know, I will have to do some research, can you get some picture of the leaves. I have some ideas but do not think it is a native plant .
I will have one of my native flower books in the car tomorrow
Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
3:04 PM

Post #9387497

Thanks Vicki but I can't wear compression stuff on my hands or wrists. I have carpal tunnel. I have wrist splints but I can only find one for the left hand - of course. I've been trying to figure out a way to get some icing on my hand. I just found some hold tite stuff from Curad. It's like an elastic gauze in a tube that is for keeping a bandage on the arm. Tonight I will just keep icing it to see if it feels any better in the morning.

I'm trying to think of where I would put my wrist splints - not in the medicine chest so I have no idea.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
3:40 PM

Post #9387533

Sandy -- there were no leaves, just stems and blooms. I cropped just to the blooms... not sure if it helps at all. They were in the "dune-y" area, and I can't get any closer.

Thumbnail by tcs1366

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
3:49 PM

Post #9387544

I will do some looking

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 16, 2013
3:51 PM

Post #9387549

Terese, scroll down to the red buckeye on this...or look at the others

http://www.flwildflowers.com/gallery/

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 16, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9387554

Terese - the flower/stem shape reminds me of a brodiaea bulb. Curious to hear what Sandy thinks! That place looks really nice.

Loretta - glad you made it safely both ways today! Can't imagine driving in that ice. I hope you figure out what is causing the wrist pain and swelling AND get it addressed.

Debbie - sounds like DH has a serious case of testosterone poisoning. lol Glad he's OK. And congratulations to Nate! I bet that was a nice lunch.

Vicki - I can't imagine talking 2hrs w/a friend. I bet you covered a lot of ground! Did you have a more productive afternoon?

BonnieB - sounds like you were on a roll! Good to get help when you need it too.

Dianne - how's the power holding out up there? Diesel enjoying the snow?

Where's Bonnie?

OK - Fred wants my focus. Gotta go...
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 16, 2013
3:59 PM

Post #9387557

I had thought DH was burned with the silver nitrate again, NOPE it was Nitric Acid, much worse. Back of his head and on his back in large spots also.

He is too afraid to leave work...he won't know what they are talking about. He has his mothers 'gossip gene" about whats happening and he doesn't know! lol

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9387560

Not buckeye I have seen that, it is woody.

Terese have you posted it on the plant ID forum?

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 16, 2013
4:30 PM

Post #9387577

Sandy - not sure where buckeye came from. I suggested brodiaea. Here's a pic of the type I have:

http://www.vanengelen.com/catview.cgi?_fn=Item&_recordnum=3013&_category=Best:Brodiaea

The identification forum is amazing!

Debbie - ouch! well.. he's a big boy and can make his own decisions.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
4:36 PM

Post #9387581

That might be it.

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
5:26 PM

Post #9387611

Darn lap top is misbehaving again. Getting old.

I make appointment for the doctor for Friday.

I am also going to talk to my friends across the street. He mails stuff from their house, so maybe he can post the calenders for his house, as there is no way I can stand long enough to go to the post office.
This group of calenders are almost where I want them.

Going to sign off

Good night everyone

Sandy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 16, 2013
6:34 PM

Post #9387672

Sleep study went well, I guess. I made it through the night with only one incident. That was a real old fashioned leg cramp that subsided after I sat on the side of the bed for a few minutes. They threw me out at 5:00 AM. Judy picked me up and took me to her house where I slept until 8:00. Elaine came at 10:00 to finish getting this house in order. We left at 12:00 for the self storage. From there I went to the pet store and Walmart then stopped at a real restaurant for a decent meal , then headed for the ALF which I left at 7:45, then stopped at Publix, then came home and unloaded my car, then fed the boys and here I am about to drop in my tracks.

Have to get to bed so I can enjoy being with Terese, her DH, Sandy and her DM, Pat, tomorrow.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
7:23 PM

Post #9387720

Bonnie sleep good. DM and I are leaving here around 8, that is if I can get her up and moving early enough. LOL

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
7:40 PM

Post #9387735

Have a wonderful time tomorrow!!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 16, 2013
7:42 PM

Post #9387736

Well, I have worked my behind off, nope, it is still there. I got really frustrated this afternoon with a web site where I was supposed to do an online church report. Finally in frustration sent an email to the help desk, and got a call later from the "head honcho". He is a very high official in the Kentucky Conference, and I felt so embarrased that he felt he needed to call me and try to help. Well, I have written a nice "thank you" letter to him, with an apology about the way I really sounded off. I am thinking that it is non too soon that I have a replacement who is in training.

Ouch, elsie, hope that you can figure out a way to keep ice on the arm/wrist tonight. That sounds really painful. I can't imagine how you didn't notice it sooner. We had the sleet last night, so I didn't even try to go out today. But am glad you made it home safely.

Sandy, oh, please don't worry about getting calendars in the mail. That can wait since you are having so much trouble with your knee. Glad you have an appointment to have it looked at. Hope you have a good trip tomorrow.

Terese, nice looking digs. I didn't even attempt a guess at the flower, but it is very pretty. Maybe you will run into a local who will be able to identify it for you.

Tammy, I guess I got what was coming to me by bragging about things going so well. Even with my frustration over the web site, I still got a lot done, but still have lots more to do too.

Bonnie, my goodness, you really put yourself through a day and a half. I would have fallen asleep in my tracks, just after leaving the ALF. Did your DM behave, and was she nice to you? Hope you have fun with your guests tomorrow, oh, why did I even say that? I know that you will.

Vicki, I can't imagine talking on the phone that long. I had to talk on the phone so much when I worked, that my phone conversations are pretty short and to the point. I am glad that you enjoyed it and that you got all caught up. Is this someone that you don't see often?

Since I didn't go out today, I am going to the grocery early tomorrow, and then I have an appointment to get my hair cut and colored tomorrow afternoon. DH says that he is going to Indiana tomorrow, and won't be back until Saturday sometime. So it should be nice and quiet so that I can finish my church reports.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2013
3:20 AM

Post #9387857

Good morning everyone

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
3:25 AM

Post #9387858

Good Morning...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2013
3:37 AM

Post #9387862

On the road again. talk to everyone later

Sandy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 17, 2013
4:42 AM

Post #9387890

Good morning.,

Gotta go - company is coming.

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 17, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9387921

Good Morning!

Have fun ladies!!!!

Bonnie - so what happens now that you've completed a sleep study? Do they bring you back and discuss their recommendations?

Sandy - take care of yourself! and have fun. :-)

Terese - don't let Bonnie over do it today please.

BonnieB - you've made great headway on your projects. Enjoy your time at the beauty shop and pick up some good stuff at the grocery store.

Loretta - it looks a little less dangerous out this morning but still be careful with your commute.

Vicki - today is your day off? Enjoy!

Melva - what do you have going there? Is the weather getting back to "normal" yet?

Debbie - how's your DH feeling this morning? And how are you?

And now ... where's Adina?

I've been on such a pudding kick! I made another batch of chocolate pudding last night. Different recipe than the last batch. It was good but I think too much sugar. I think I'll kinda combine the two on my next attempt. There's just something so soothing about pudding.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 17, 2013
5:47 AM

Post #9387923

Morning!

Tam I go to work today. Wish I did have the day off. Also was not very productive yesterday afternoon. Pudding. YMMM!

BonnieB the 2 hour chat was with the old friend I hadn't seen in 15 years or so. We didn't even talk in that time. Lost touch. We could always talk a long time on the phone. Hope you can get all the paperwork done while he is gone. Is he taking any dogs with him?

You other ladies have a great visit.

Gotta go and feed you know who. I will be having steelcut oats myself.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 17, 2013
6:38 AM

Post #9387986

Vicki - got my days confused. I remembered you got a day off 'cause you went in extra to help out.

I got such a chuckle when I went to brush my teeth after breakfast this morning. Walked in to see Scirocco sitting next to the bathtub. Odd. Then saw Pixel IN the bathtub. Both were just sitting there. Scirocco - 7lbs and not the most coordinated cat in the world had pinned Pixel, 10lbs of pure muscle and the most coordinated cat I've ever owned. I chased off Scirocco and Pixel very cautiously climbed out of the tub. She's now outside.

Truffles is in the office with me. Rolled over and ready for her belly scritches.

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 17, 2013
12:11 PM

Post #9388294

Terese, that plant must be a sinningia, native to Central and South America.

http://www.gesneriads.ca/gensinn.htm

http://www.pacificbulbsociety.org/pbswiki/index.php/Sinningia

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9388463

we all had a wonderful day... Bonnie is a wonderful hostess and Sandy and Pat are just a joy. DH had a great time playing with Stetson. Swiper hid most of the day, but did make an appearance... I have pics... [both are beautiful kitties] just have to check them out.

Stetson just loved Pat's wheel chair and took it over as his thrown.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
3:17 PM

Post #9388472

I only had Kittie photos...Sandy has a group photo. and Bonnie took a few more.

Here is King Stetson on his thrown, and Swiper -- who is not sure of the new folks.

Thumbnail by tcs1366   Thumbnail by tcs1366         

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 17, 2013
4:10 PM

Post #9388522

OHHH it's my boys! I just love those two! I think they are such beautiful boys.

Terese, I think I took more pictures of the boys than the beach when I was down there!

Glad you enjoyed your time. I could sit and talk to Sandy & Pat all day. Did she bring her famous bread pudding?

Very happy it all went well, which I had no doubt.

I spent the day in Rochester with my oldest daughter, Jeanna. AND we dropped Izzy off at the groomers on our way. She is looking
beautiful although not feeling too good right now. Too much excitement I hope is the only problem.

DH has some painful spots but said "I have had worse" and not complaining much at all.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2013
4:12 PM

Post #9388524

I am home!! Had a wonderful day. Good food and good talk. I hated to leave to come home.
AND I get sunset pictures on the way home.

I also get more pictures of the plants, very fleshy leaves
Adina that is not it. It is in the succulent family

I will edit the pictures later, to tired right now.

Sabdt

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2013
4:14 PM

Post #9388527

Debbie no bread pudding this trip.

you can tell I am tired look at the way I typed my name LOL

Sandy

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2013
4:22 PM

Post #9388537

Found it---the plant is Mother of Thousands (Kalanchoe daigremontiana)
I was almost sure as soon as I saw the leaves. I will post pictures tomorrow.

Sandy

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 17, 2013
4:48 PM

Post #9388556

Debbie -- I knew you'd enjoy the images of the Boys. I know they are special to you.

Already packing for departing tomorrow morning... heading in-land. Going to see more Active Adult Developments, then going out for Fish Fry with friends of our from WI.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 17, 2013
5:26 PM

Post #9388591

Nothing better than spending a lazy day with good friends. Isn't it wonderful how DG'ers can get together and feel so comfortable - like we have known one another forever? We had that kind of visit today.

Jim, Terese's DH, entertained Stetson most of the day, much to Stetson's delight. That is when Stetson would give up Pat's wheelchair. For some reason Swiper hid under the bed all day until the last hour everyone was here.

Unfortunately most of the few photos I took came out blurred. Sandy we are counting on your photo expertise for a decent group photo.

Here are Jim and Terese and Stetson waiting for someone to go give him a ride in the wheelchair.

Tam. the next thing that happens with the sleep Apnea is someone brings a machine to my home only I will be gone for two weeks now. Did I post the results of the first night in the sleep clinic?

Bonnie

This message was edited Jan 17, 2013 7:27 PM

This message was edited Jan 17, 2013 7:28 PM

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly         

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 17, 2013
5:46 PM

Post #9388608

Sorry my camera was not much better but do have a couple, think it was the lighting. Need to check the settings on mine. The flash did not come on.

I think we tired DM out, went on of this room a little bit again and I hear snoring. LOL
Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107      

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 17, 2013
6:02 PM

Post #9388623

Glad to hear the get together was so much fun for all! And that it was relaxing for Bonnie.

Don't recall hearing about your prior sleep study Bonnie. You've had a number aborted due to problems.

Love all the photos! One of the spiffy-looking Izzy might be nice. :-)

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 17, 2013
6:07 PM

Post #9388627

You all look great! Looks like a fun time by all.

Bonnie, no, you didn't share the results...just how busy you were that day.

I will get a picture of Izzy when she is up tomorrow, she is totally zonked!

Are you feeling better Tam??

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 17, 2013
6:16 PM

Post #9388635

Debbie - I am not feeling 100% yet. Its really bumming me out! So I am off to bed for a good nights' rest.

Forgot to say - tomorrow at 11am I see the kitchen design proposal from the new contractor. Can't wait!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 17, 2013
6:42 PM

Post #9388669

I feel like I have been running on a treadmill all day. Went to the grocery/walmart, pharmacy, etc this morning, came home and put the groceries away, had just enough time to potty and out the door I went again to the beauty shop. Had a cut color and highlights, and she did a new style which I love. Came home and took Mr. B for his ride, then back to make myself something to eat. DH went to Indiana early this morning and will not be back until late tomorrow afternoon/evening.

Terese, Sandy, Bonnie, glad you all had a good day. Love the pictures and the boys are great looking too. Sitting here giggling about Stetson hogging the wheelchair. How funny. Bonnie, you may have to get him one!

Tammy, it takes a good two weeks for your body to get anywhere near back to normal. This past week was the first week that I have really felt good.

Dianne, here's hoping that your weather has cleared up, the ice has melted and you are able to get out the lane. Hope you are feeling decent too. Give Miss Quill smoochies from Mr B. And a highpaw 5 or is it 4, for Diesel.

Casper went out about 7:00 and when he appeared at the back door wanting in, opened the laundry room door, and he wouldn't come in. We did this about 10 times, and I couldn't figure out what was going on with him. Finally propped open the storm door, and left the door open, turned on the light and just let him find it himself. Finally he came in. He is scared of the sound of the washer and dryer, and I had a load of clothes in the dryer. I do have another load to dry, but with it this chilly, I think they will be safe to wait till morning to put them in the dryer.

Getting sleepy, so won't be long before I head to bed.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 17, 2013
6:59 PM

Post #9388691

Okay. First sleep study I went to the ER with sciatica. The second was about two weeks after that. I went to Dr. Wahba's office on Monday of this week for the results: severe sleep apnea. I had 46 episodes of apnea and my oxygen level dropped to 78% during the 4 hour test period. On Tuesday night I went back to the sleep clinic to sleep using the apnea machine so they could calibrate the correct air pressure. No one bothered me during the night so I suppose the tech got it right the first. Next, I will be provided with a new machine which will be brought to my home by a rep who will instruct me on the use and caring of the device.

It is a very good thing that I am checking two empty suitcases tomorrow because I have not gotten off my ample rear since my delightful company left. I have to carry on a suitcase with checkbooks, bills, other papers, etc., Ipad, chargers, etc. and that's about it. AND I don't leave here until 9:30 AM in the morning. Gonna shuffle off to bed now.

Looking at today's photos. I would have to say Stetson was certainly the star attraction.

Bonnie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 17, 2013
7:08 PM

Post #9388705

Me Too!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
2:16 AM

Post #9388851

Good morning everyone

Here is a picture I took on the way home.

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
2:31 AM

Post #9388860

here is some pictures I took of the plant
Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107      

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 18, 2013
3:30 AM

Post #9388880

Good job, Sandy! I never knew they have flowers. Beautiful sky and lovely photos from Bonnie's! I'm glad you had a get together.

Tam, at least you are feeling a bit better! get well soon!

Bonnie, very interesting the sleep study! It seems that is working which makes me so happy for you!

BonnieB, you sure are busy! Congrats for the new hairdo! Can you show us? Poor Casper!

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
4:25 AM

Post #9388904

Great pictures - you all look great!. So glad you had a great time - but that is not a surprise.

Poor Casper.

Tammy, are you familiar with Harford PA? I watched HGTV last night and Bronson Pinchot was rehabbing a house in Harford. He owns several properties there and He remodels them with very old stuff he finds here and there. Some really interesting things he does.

I found my right hand wrist splint last night. I think it got in with some rogue socks.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2013
4:52 AM

Post #9388917

>>Stetson hogging the wheelchair.

It was so cute... after we came back from lunch, and Pat was back in her wheel chair... Stetson was literally "eyeing" her and as soon as she got up [out of this throne] He hopped right up and started grooming for a nap. It was just too cute.

The Ocean is angry this morning... winds howling out of the NE and mid-40's
we are packing up and should be out of here in an hour.

Sandy... glad to hear you got a sunset shot... don't think we got any breaks in the clouds, but no rain. And that plant [blooms] looks just like the ones here.

Bonnie -- Safe travels today. hope you can catch up on some sleep.

BonnieB -- poor Casper. At least you figured out what was bothering him.

Tam -- how exciting -- a new kitchen. Hope you are back to 100% soon.

Well -- gotta get the laptop packed up... I'll check in tonight.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
5:08 AM

Post #9388924

I have more sunset pictures but need to edit them.

I saw them in patches in several spots along the beach. I felt I had seen something like that before. As soon as I saw the leaves I was sure that I had seen them before

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2013
5:37 AM

Post #9388941

Good Morning!

DH looked up the weather for the week ahead and said its gonna get cold again. He's worried about having to keep Fred in the house overnight. Fred really hates his little room in the basement (though DH has it outfitted w/a nice cushy box lined w/ a blanket, plus food, water & a litter box. And its about 6'x10')

BonnieB - lookin' forward to a photo of your new do. :-) I'm so glad Casper is still around. I had thought there was talk of banishing him for the car incidents.

Bonnie - That is very promising news on the sleep study & apnea issue! Wouldn't it be wonderful to actually feel rested again? I remember Marilee saying what a huge different the machine made in her life. Anyway... safe travels!

Loretta - those rouge socks! The scoundrels for holding the split captive for all this time.
edited to add: I looked up Hartford - its up north of me. I haven't been there before though.

Adina - are you all rested after the busy holidays?

Debbie - remember the picture of Izzy. :-)

Sandy - great job with the ID!!!

Good morning Vicki & Melva...
Tam

This message was edited Jan 18, 2013 8:39 AM

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
5:51 AM

Post #9388954

Yuck!!!
I am hoping that I am just having a allergy reaction but not feeling good.
Bonnie and Terese be careful.

Sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
5:57 AM

Post #9388957

Good morning. Woke up early, guess I have a sleep quotient and when that is reached, then that is it. Was so tired last night went to bed about 10:45 and turned on the tv thinking I would watch the news, well, I woke to some talk show later.

Casper has had his breakfast and is out hunting with another beagle. That is the normal routine for him. I am trying to teach him that if he barks when he is inside, that means he wants to go out, and even if I open the door and he doesn't want to go, I push him outside. That will save me steps when he gets used to it.

I have plenty of work to do today, and will get to it shortly. A picture later.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 18, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9388965

Good morning...

I have something IMPORTANT to say!

Tam, it is 16 degrees outside...Six fresh inches of snow

BUT I went out (barefoot) and took pictures of Izzy for you!!!! lol

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
6:42 AM

Post #9389009

it is 48 here

I think this is just allergies-news reported 3 kinds of trees are blooming and I ate something newtoday

sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
10:30 AM

Post #9389216

Well, I broke for lunch, and checking in here. I have accomplished a lot, but still have a lot to do!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
2:14 PM

Post #9389470

looks like everyone was blown away!!

MY problem this morning cleared up so was a bad allergy problem.

My regular doctor thinks I will need to have my knee repaired. But I have to put it off a couple of months so I can get DM ready and set up. We are working on ideas that will keep her here at home.

Andre is home has been for about 5 minuets and I am already to kill him. DEMON CHILD

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2013
3:28 PM

Post #9389533

Just got settled into our hotel for the night. Spent the afternoon with friends of ours that live in Leesburg. They have a very nice community... but don't have the house we want.

Sandy -- this morning our car was covered in pollen. NSB has had pollen warnings all week ... definitely something in the air.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
3:31 PM

Post #9389537

Sandy, I have heard that the sooner you get the repair done the easier it will be.

TGIF!!! I swear this was the longest work day ever and we leave early on Fridays.

I think since I've stopped knitting my hand/wrist is feeling better. Well the splint helps.

I came home from shopping after work and there is a Uhaul with a SUV on it in my driveway. Either someone is using my driveway for a parking spot or someone has brought me a new car. No note or anything.

I bought a Roku at Walmart. I'm going to try to get rid of the cable TV - it's way too expensive. I may not even be able to get it hooked up. The TV is way too big to move. I don't know if the thingies are on the front or back. I may have to go online and watch the video to see if I can set it up.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
4:18 PM

Post #9389569

elsie I think what I need is a knee replacement,, so I am already past time and I need to finish getting my teeth and that has to come first, we are so close(I hope). Plus as I will be out of the loop so to speak I have to get a lot of stuff done. Need to get some nightgowns, fix everything up for DM and get enough done here to take care of everthing until I am back.
My regular doctor says I would be in the hospital a few days then have to go to a rehab center for a total of 10 days at least.

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2013
5:00 PM

Post #9389631

Debbie - I did not request any photos to be taken barefoot! In 16degF???? Crazy lady... but wonderful pictures! I love the ice on her whiskers and snow all over her. She looks so happy & quite well coiffed.

BonnieB - congratulations on making good headway on that to-do list!

Loretta - WOO HOO!!! Its Friday. Congratulations on the new car. Now you need to get that key and you'll be all set. :-)

Sandy - my mom had her knees done (both at once) about 10yrs ago. She was in the hospital overnight, at rehab just a couple days and then home. I would have thought things would be faster now OR they don't want you home if you don't have a helper. (My brother took her to the rehab place and then home. I took over after that for about 4-5days). It made a huge difference in her pain levels.

I really enjoyed working on the kitchen design with the contractor & team. They are coming out here Tues to look over options to remove a column that would make the design messy. And a few other items. I'm very hopeful & excited.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
5:02 PM

Post #9389639

Tam No one to take care of me. But I am hoping it is less than 10 days.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 18, 2013
5:14 PM

Post #9389648

A new car? Elsie, that would be wonderful!! Maybe it comes with its own mechanic too!

Tam, I can't wait to see updates for the kitchen design. You have worked hard on that.

Sandy, my BIL just had his knee done six months ago...and his hip four weeks ago, and he is doing amazing. He said it is
the nurses coming to the house...but he said he is amazed how well it feels. He is the one that was climbing telephone poles in
NJ to fix Elsies electric for her! lol

Izzy keeps wanting to go outside, but her leg is bothering her, so we have been going slow. I think it is from all
the standing at the groomers.

REALLY cold here, and a high wind warning is in effect from 11;00 tonight...until 4:00 Sunday!

Well, the good news is...DH's workplace has hired DD for "indefinite period of time". So that is good, will work with her
school schedule also. BUT Target has to get confirmation they can put her on "weekends only" or give a leave of absence.
She really loves it there and doesn't want to quit as this job with DH's is temporary...as in 6 weeks...6 months...or 6 years, they don't know.
Sure can get her out of debt though.

Sunday is our anniversary, and I had to get DH something. Was at a loss and Jeanna came up with "tickets" for something. Well, I found "Larry the Cable
guy" is in Buffalo in March...and well, DH loves him. Got the tickets...and then realized OH CRAP...I have to go!!! Maybe I can talk him
into taking his dad or brother!

Izzy sends her love in more pictures!

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
5:41 PM

Post #9389679

I am hoping that in the long run that this will also help my ankles. Do not tell DM I am going to milk it. LOL
My plans for her(she flatly refused to go to my sister or her brother. She says that my sister or aunt would drive her clazy in only a few days) First I will clean off the dinning room table and put the toaster oven, the coffee maker, paper plants and cups and stuff, also crackers, nuts and stuff to nibble on. I would boil a bunch of eggs. And clean the refrigerator and freezer out and load it with stuff that she can microwave. If the time for these are in even number she only have to push one number.
I have a friend Brandy that I am going to talk to about checking up on DM and maybe fix a few meals for her.
I want to ask my friends across the street to bring the mail and newspaper to the front door.
And I might even be able to get my not so dear brother to check on her some-but I am not holding my breath on that one.

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 18, 2013
6:18 PM

Post #9389712

Debbie - I've got a masterful plan for you! I believe its Vicki that likes Larry the Cable guy? How about you take a photo of yourself, print it out life size, cut out the eyes and have Vicki wear it. She'll have to wear flats so he doesn't notice you've gotten taller (maybe would help if you wore 6" heels for a few days to get him used to you being taller too). Then she goes in your place and everyone is happy! Brilliant, eh? :-)

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
6:46 PM

Post #9389733

Tammy, you are nuts, and I say that in a loving way! That is a genius plan, and if Vicki agrees, and the transportation can be arranged, then it is a great plan! I am hoping that they can work some plans out for the kitchen that suits your needs and is a clear design.

Debbie, you need to make sure that the show is something that YOU WANT TO GO TO, before purchasing tickets. Loved all the Izzy pictures.

Elsie, yahoo, a new car and a trailer too. If they don't return to claim it, maybe you can turn the trailer into a kitchen like thing, and sell hotdogs on the street corners on the weekends this summer. A great second job.

Sandy, why don't you inquire about the nurse at home thing. Here is is called Home Health Care. It is tied to your income, and I would imagine that with the 2 of you in the house that you would qualify. Seems that more and more people are falling within the low income bracket. I thought I (we) were doing good, but saw some new tables, and dang, according to those, we are almost poverty level.

Terese, so are you further south with this move? When do you leave on your cruise? Bet you are getting anxious.

My DTS and her DH bought a house in Port Charlotte and moved in this past week. Can you imagine going and buying a house full of furniture, and all you had to do to move was meet the furniture delivery people, and pack your suitcase to move from the rental to their own home? I guess if you have to move that is the way to do it. She said that if they ever decide to sell, it will be with the furniture.

DH is still hemhawing about going down to Florida. First he has a trip planned to New York, and then he will see after that. He just got back from Indiana tonight. Debbie, you want him for a night when he comes north? Hehe, maybe you will decide to keep him.

Got almost all of my to do list done, but dang this year end report for the church stuff is just about a full time job, and I am just a volunteer. I am training someone to take over, but it will take some time for her to feel comfortable in doing that.

Well, tomorrow we have a baptism and then a reception afterwards. So I am making the punch, and have donations of cookies from some other people. Then on Sunday, I am preaching, and will have to hurry back to my church after that church service for a pot luck meal and an Administrative Board Meeting. Gonna be a hectic weekend.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 18, 2013
6:47 PM

Post #9389736

ROFL Tam, I am liking that idea! I am just terrified I will come out of there with "Git 'r done" coming out of my mouth for the next month, a craving for men in flannels cut off sleeves and...OH WAIT!!! Thats all that is around this town anyway! I probably won't notice the difference listening to Larry and talking to Dan next door!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
6:56 PM

Post #9389746

Oh, forgot to tell you all. If you can get RFD TV, DH's deceased brother is on a recorded program, a horse pull. Listen for the name Oscar Ethington, and the horses names, Cracker & Prince, and Duke and Shorty. DH doesn't know if he can watch or not. I plan to see if it is on and watch if I can.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 18, 2013
7:01 PM

Post #9389747

BonnieB I will not know everything until I see the surgeon but the main problem is this house. The doors are to narrow it is very hard to get a wheelchair through them and then you add the odd corners and furniture it is nearly impossible. The bathroom is to small to get one in at all. And then there is MOM, she can not help me at all.

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2013
7:03 PM

Post #9389748

Terese, so are you further south with this move? When do you leave on your cruise? Bet you are getting anxious.

BonnieB -- I'm thinking due west. it was a lot of wiggle roads, then a bit north. Right now, we are on the east side of The Villages in Lady Lake.

tomorrow is a 50 mile drive south to our next Time Share, which is pretty much S.R. 27 and that Bronson Memorial Highway, west of Orlando.

the cruise is "next" Saturday... so I guess a week from tomorrow. YAY. I guess I have not been focused on it.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
7:29 PM

Post #9389765

Lots of bright lights outside . They came and took my new car and trailer away. Oh well I'm not sure selling hotdogs outside in this weather is a winner of an idea.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 18, 2013
7:39 PM

Post #9389770

can;t believe someone parked a vehicle in your drive... and didn't leave you the keys. the nerve...
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
7:44 PM

Post #9389773

You are right - it's very nervy.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 19, 2013
4:07 AM

Post #9389875

Good morning, I think I had about 2 hours sleep. I kept waiting for Elvira Gulch and the flying monkeys to show up! Wind is horrible, which means "you know who" was upset. Then DH was up at 5:30, got called into work!! DS just left for his community service.

I wake to see Elsie had a car thief drive away her hopes of a new car and profitable hot dog business...very very nervy!

I have coffee on...

come have a cup c(__) I'll toss in a cinnamon roll @

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2013
4:36 AM

Post #9389880

Good morning everyone

Debbie I will get out the umbrella and catch the north bound wind. Should be there very shortly.

Still planning here. Everything depends on the dentist. If the frame work fits I will have to wait for surgery(I really want to get done with this teeth mess) if they do not fit I am going to tell them where to put those frames and it is where the sun does not shine!!!! And will go to the surgery and see what he says.
In the mean time I will work to get everything ready here for DM and try to get some weight off me.

Here is a picture to brighten every ones morning

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 19, 2013
6:25 AM

Post #9389957

Good morning!

Elsie - sorry to hear about the loss of your new car. Easy come/easy go. :-)

Debbie -really cold here too. We put Fred in the basement last night - was NOT happy this morning. I hope everyone calms down today & you find time to squeeze in a nap.

BonnieB - maybe you can tape the broadcast so your DH can watch it later, when the loss is a little less raw.

Terese - sounds like you have some nice days ahead of you!

Sandy - my mom did not use a wheel chair at all after surgery. They want you on your feet to put pressure on the knees & bones so they heal or something. You won't be in a wheel chair but you won't be as mobile as normal. Mom got a grabber thingie & a helper to put on socks & shoes. I helped with the cooking & shopping, misc housekeeping stuff but she walked. So if you had someone to come in for those items, I think you'd be ok w/o worry about using a wheelchair. But do talk to the doctor.

I was so excited about the new ideas for the house I couldn't sleep. We're seriously considering reducing the bathroom size (from full bath to powder room). This opens up a wonderful new option. :-) I'm off to shop appliances to help nail down some key dimensions.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 19, 2013

Post #9389961

Tam, I am already feeling the need for a nap! I have had 2 cups of coffee, unloaded the dishwasher, put clothes in dryer/washer and had Izzy out.
Cold enough she came right back in instead of bringing me her Jolly ball to play.

One thing to consider with the bathroom Tam is if the others are all upstairs and there is ever an injury or such...that you have to stay downstairs,
you need that shower/bath. Learned that the hard way. Only have a partial powder room down stairs here (just toilet) and have to go in kitchen to wash hands.
It would have been helpful when my Mom was staying here on Hospice to have full bath. And even now for giving pets a bath instead of taking upstairs.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2013
6:51 AM

Post #9389971

Tam thanks, no one to help and the house would need a major cleaning--having a hard time to get Mom to agree to allow some one to come in for that. She does not want strangers to come in the house. I am working on that problem. I have a friend that might be able to check up on her a few times a week.
I will not know everything until I see the surgeon. But I do know I need to lose some weight. I have gained 10 pounds during the month I could not ride my bike.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9389976

Good morning, been up for ages, have a ham in the oven cooking for tomorrow's pot luck. Will be heading out shortly for the baptism and reception.

It is sunny here but cool.

Aw elsie, I was planning on helping you with some plans for the hotdog business, now I will just have to find some other worthy cause to spend that extra time on!

Tammy, whoopee, so with eliminating the full bath, you will have more room for the kitchen, now that sounds like a plan. Hope you find bunches of exciting appliances to fill that nice new space.

Debbie, hope that your day goes well, sounds like everybody has cleared out so you can have some you time!

Need to run to the post office and bank, so gotta get moving.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 19, 2013
8:22 AM

Post #9390038

Morning everyone!

Tam think very carefully about eliminating the bathroom downstairs. Personally from experience I would not do it as like Debbie says there are times when it is a necessity. HAving had to haul/help Warren up and down the stairs in the old farmhouse when he was quite ill once several years ago I swore I would never be without a full bathroom on every floor.

Oh Elsie so much for starting up a HWYD Hot Dog business. The nerve! Get us all excited about an adventure and perhaps some creative cooking endeavours and dashed because someone moved their car. How is your hand today?

Love Tam's ingenious idea of the cutout of Vicki. But Debbie walking around in those 6 in heels is going to be a killer.

Blah, blah, blah day sort of like my mood. Going to go for another walk with Diesel and see if that will help. Bitter cold for days now supposed to rain and then turn bitter cold again tomorrow. That means more ice on the lane. It has been good for getting in and out but with a heavy rain as is called for and the sudden drop in temps I am glad I don't need to get anywhere until the dentist until Tuesday. I have decided I had better buy a new vacuum toute suit or I am going to blow my stack. The one I have now just seems to move the dirt and dust around. It does pick up the animal hair and for that I am thankful.

Ham sounds delicious Bonnie. Quilll sends smoochies to her Mr B. She is very thin and quite likes having a blanket put over her when she is laying down. Thhis is quite a change for Quill as she was always chunky. SHe has gotten back her appetite most days and for that I am thankful. SHe is still quite the imp though and likes to play you for treats.

After my walk I am going to tackle my desk ... well at least under this pile of paper I think my desk exists.

Yesterday I watched Dog Day Afternoon with Al Pacino. An old movie from the 70's based on a true story. Enjoyed it as much this time round as I did the first time years ago. Think I will watched Loopers today... anyone seen it yet? I just remember Joseph Gordon Levitt as Tommy on Third Rock from the Sun. He can't be a grownup already can he?

Sandy, the only time when I had the 2 knee replacements that I used a wheelchair was to go to Physio in the hospital and to leave the hospital itself as they would not let me use my crutches to do that. After leaving the hospital I used either crutched or a cane although I did have a walker here at the house that I could have used if necessary.After I left the hospital Physio came to the house for several weeks 3 times a week. I sure hope you can get this and your teeth fiixed up soon, you have been through so much you need a break and some good health.

Make sure you all do something nice for yourself today ladies.
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 19, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9390041

Dianne, so happy to see you post! Was about to go down and yell across the lake! Dang windy and cold...lake is turning over with the waves it looks like chocolate milk out there!

DH sent me a note he is on his way home. Five hours OT on a Saturday is good, I won't complain. I am fighting a nap big time.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 19, 2013
8:35 AM

Post #9390044

Good morning everyone! Love your pics! Just a quick comment, I'm in a hurry...the kids are coming over and I need to vacuum.
It rained buckets yesterday, but this morning it turned to snow. Actually more sleet which covered our antenna dish. I slept in this morning and when I came downstairs Cici was waiting patiently in front of the TV...he didn't know why there was no sound! Hilarious! I had to go and clear the dish with a broom and then the sound and image came back!
I visited my Mom the other day and took pics of her and her cat Tina. Misu, the neighbor's cat male was there too. He is Tina's baby...not so baby anymore!LOL He is the one with the bigger head. First with Misu, second Tina.

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9390053

Adina love the pictures

Dianne I am horrible with crutches!!!!!! Oh darn that is another problem, the bathroom is to small for those also-wait, the sink and tube(both about waist high ) are close enough to use them in stead. LOL

Planing on going to the pool around 1pm when they open today. I am going to work hard!!!! Might need the wheelchair to get out of there but I am going to try to get rid of this weight.

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 19, 2013
12:45 PM

Post #9390281

I am back from the pool, was careful but did exercise to build the straight of my muscles round my knees and ankle. MY ankles feel better that this morning so that is a plus.
Stopped at our special shoe store and get some slip on shoes that have no back to put pressure on the back on of my ankles. Plus they will not put some much strain on my knee when I am trying to put them on.

Am working on DM, seems to be working, we will see.

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2013
1:16 PM

Post #9390328

we got settled in the next condo... this one is a 2 story... which isn't the way the images on their web site showed... upstairs is 2 BR 1 bath, with the other full bath off the kitchen. Different, but it is what it is.

Today was laundry day... nice having laundry in the unit, where the one in NSB did not.

cloudy and cool-ish. May be 70;s but with no sun and the breeze, it feels cooler.

OH -- this place also has screaming kids... where the last one the average age [if you took me out of the picture ] was about 70.

something to consider next time, if there is a next time for a time share.

need to shop for some food staples.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 19, 2013
6:02 PM

Post #9390617

Sounds like you'll enjoy some age diversity on this trip Terese! :-)

I looked at appliances today and am determined to use less expensive ones so that I can use the $$ for the structural changes. Wow can you spend a lot on appliances! The first place had only "high end" stuff. Like $2000 for a cook top, $5000+ for a wall over, $5000-10000 for a fridge etc. Nope - not for me!

I worked out all the ideas into a detailed plan and am really excited about this new design. The house is not a place for someone in-firm. Trading a powder room only downstairs for what I gain in usable space is well worth the trade off. We need to find out if they can install a steel beam to eliminate a post so its not a done deal just yet.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
6:28 PM

Post #9390658

Evening all. It has been a busy day.

The Baptism went well, and we had about 25 there. Had a reception with punch and cookies and the punch was delish. I made it. It had pineapple and bananas with a tropical sherbet and pineapple juice. All the cookies were homemade and all very good.

Tammy, I couldn't believe the price of appliances. I am not spending all my money on high end kitchen appliances. A friend of mine just got a new fridge and paid over 2500. for it. It is nice, but by golly, I would rather have just the basics.

Terese, that is another thing about time shares. You don't really know who your neighbors will be. We spent a miserable week in South Carolina one time with a crying baby next door, and the walls evidently were tissue paper. Very annoying.

Dianne, good to see you. I was wondering about your and the horrible weather. Hope by the time you really need to go out that the lane is is good shape. Poor Quill, I am sure the weight loss is making her need the blankie. Mr B sends more smoochies.

Elsie, what have you been doing today? Are you depressed about the financial endeavor not even getting off the ground?

Sandy, could you lose a few pounds for me while you are working out. I still need to schedule a visit to those activity centers. Had to cancel last week because of the weather.

Heading to bed shortly, I need to be up and do another run through of my sermone in the morning before leaving the house.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
6:42 PM

Post #9390667

Tammy, I'm not sure if you can get a deal somewhere if you buy all the appliances at the same place. Can the designer/contractor get you a deal?

Sandy, I hope the new shoes help your aches.

BonnieB, good luck with your sermon tomorrow. I hope you get a good nights sleep.

I made a potato soup tonight that was so-so. When I was at Walmart yesterday I planned to get the broccoli and spinach to make Terese's green soup. They had only a few packages of frozen corn.

I should have gone to Staples or Walmart to get the router and an ethernet wire I will need to make the Roku work on my tv. I'm pretty sure I don't know what I'm doing. I don't want to do the wireless thing. I'm not even sure I can get my tv hooked up to it. It is such a heavy tv.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 19, 2013
6:47 PM

Post #9390674

:-) Loretta - just think of how much you are going to learn on this exploration to hook up the roku!
(hahaha - I personally have loset any interest in this stuff myself!) Yes - the second place I looked at
said I could get a deal with I got all the appliances from them. It was just a shock to see how much you could spend if you were so inclined. The first place had only expensive stuff. I'm used to looking at Sears. They do have a nice refridgerator. :-)

Bonnie - $2500 for a fridge is cheap compared to the "high end" options I saw today. Can you imagine spending $10K????

I sure hope they can do the structural changes I'm hoping for!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013

Post #9390686

Elsie, you should be able to get the tv hooked up. The routers come with detailed instructions, so just follow the directions, and it should work.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
6:51 PM

Post #9390693

Tammy,now I WILL NEVER spend that much for one appliance. I think Sears, Lowes and Hope Depot are good for my taste. They may have some higher end appliances, but if I paid that much for a fridge, it would have to BRING MY ICE WATER TO ME!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 19, 2013
7:29 PM

Post #9390748

Off to read and then bed for me.

Debbie - I hope you get a good nights rest tonight.

All - sleep well.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 19, 2013
7:54 PM

Post #9390781

Sweet dreams Tam

Regarding the appliances, I agree...however, I would LOVE a double oven...and a re fridge/freezer with the crushed ice in the door. Our
family is rather big and holiday times we just don't have enough room to cook and then store food. We have an old fridge in the basement that
we turn on during those times, it sucks energy and would just be so much easier...for a bigger one upstairs.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9390816

In order to pay 10K on a fridge it better be able to drive me to work. And sell hot dogs on the corner. And set up my roku. hehe

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 19, 2013
8:45 PM

Post #9390823

Tammy I know your mind is made up about 86ing the downstairs powder room, but I have to caution you against it as I also speak from the voice of experience as does Dianne.
When my DH was too weak from chemo treatments to climb the stairs to the bedrooms which were all on the second floor I would have a single bed brought down to the study and he could use the full bath that was located on the first floor. Without that bathroom on the first floor he would have had to spend all of his last 15 months of days and nights on the second floor of our home because climbing the stairs took too much energy and too much time. It is easy to say this is not a house for the in-firm, but when you pick up the phone and get a death sentence on the other end it is not the time you think of selling your home. You are pretty much stuck with what you have. What about replacing your very large powder room with a cruise ship size bath unit downstairs?

Elsie it sounds like the vehicles were stolen and dropped off in your drive. How nervy of the Law to come and take away such a nice gift. Personally, I cannot picture you as a hot dog vendor.

BonnieB I think if I lived in your community I would join your church for all the good food you serve.

Sandy I sure am enjoying my Angel mints. Thank you.

Tam, Vicki, and Deb - I think the three of you are smoking something funny...crazy girls!

Adina the kitty is beautiful.

Terese it really is pain when the rental unit do not have clothes washer and dryers. We are so accustomed to doing laundry anytime night or day- besides I hate hauling around dirty clothes. So now you have in-unit laundry but have to climb the stairs. Sorry Leesburg did not meet your expectations.

Dianne sorry the foul weather is curtailing your activities and dampening your spirits. I know you will be safe as you are well prepared to endure a stretch of bad weather with a solid plan and back-up contingencies, but that doesn't help a persons spirits. On the other hand "spirits" can do wonders for a persons spirits. I might need a little spirit in the form a toddy myself tonight. Yep. I am certain I feel a sniffle coming on.

Can you believe Moe and his wife, Edith, are coming to my house every night while I am in Katy to put Edith's pumps on my legs for two hours? When the two hours are up, he gently massages my legs with Auquaphor. They tell me I have them as a sister and a brother. I am so blessed. When I walked into my house Friday afternoon there was a bud vase with three pink roses with babies breath and a Welcome Home mylar balloon on the coffee table. Margarita had been here to drop them of. I am so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life. I worked several hours at DM's today tagging items I want to keep and photographing things for my kids to consider. The Estate Sale guy comes on Monday.

I only slept about three hours last night. I pray I can do better tonight.

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 19, 2013
8:50 PM

Post #9390825

,Tam, sometimes the power companies have showrooms with appliances for sale. Have you checked there? Otherewise I shop Sears, - also their Scratch & Dent store. Lowes, Home Depot.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 20, 2013
3:05 AM

Post #9390909

Good morning. Four and one half hours of shut-eye last night. Progress!!!!

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2013
3:49 AM

Post #9390913

Good Morning everyone

Tam I agree about the bathroom. Now we do not have a second floor but we do have a overly small one and when you have some one who is sick or handicap a bathroom you can get to and into is very important.

getting ready to go to the pool, seems to have helped yesterday-staying off of it also seems to have helped

Waving at everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 20, 2013

Post #9390954

Good Morning!

Debbie - did you know they make combo microwave/convection ovens? I'm thinking this will be my "second oven" for the odd occasion I need a second one or want to cook something small.

Bonnie - as they say "what goes around comes around". You've treated these people like family and they consider you family. I wish Moe could move to the shores area! Sounds like you are making good progress with preparations. I just wish you could get better sleep.

Loretta - did you get a good nights' sleep after reading the manual for the roku? hehehe How's the install coming along?

BonnieB - glad the baptism went well. Homemade cookies - yum! Are you enjoying having the house to yourself or is it kinda lonely? I bet you pick up a few extra chores to cover for your DH too?

Dianne - Its good to hear Quill is doing relatively well & loving her treats. Did it get warm there yesterday?

Adina - I forgot to comment on the pic's! Your mom looks like she is doing well. Her kitties are awfully cute. Is she happy about Andreea's engagement?

Sandy - the current bathroom is really not wheelchair accessible anyway. There is no way to get to the house if you are unable to walk steps either.

Vicki - blanking on what you are doing these days. Did you get your seeds ordered?

Terese - I'd think having a bathroom on each floor would be fine. Maybe a little odd to go downstairs for a shower I suppose. Enjoy the warm weather for me!

Here's the problem with the bathroom: there is a concrete pad with no basement (or accessible space) underneath the footprint of the reduced-size bathroom. They had to jack-hammer into the concrete to make a chase for pipes, running them over to where there is basement underneath. If I keep the shower, there is no plumbing to allow us to move the toilet. I can ask the contractor but I think we're talking huge $$ to rework the bathroom to keep the shower. By moving the toilet, I get a space that is almost 12.5' deep for the living room. Right now that space is 9.5' deep and we hardly use it. I have a small table & chairs in there and its very difficult to access. If I move my living room there, I open space where we now have the living room for the kitchen & a small beverage center. Its a HUGE impact. And just moving the toilet to where the shower is will be relatively inexpensive since we are reusing plumbing work for the most part.

So - do we gamble that we need to have this shower on the first floor and spend the $$? I guess I'd rather put money there than the "high end" appliances but there's a limit to how much I can spend. And we can't stay here if one of us gets incapacitated. Its simply too much work.

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 20, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9390959

Morning! Will be back as I have to put a pork roast in the slow cooker. Feed Ty also.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9390969

Good morning, almost ready to leave to go to the other church. DH has already gone, taking the pot luck food with him. It would have been sorely missed as I am sure that I won't be there in time for the start of the meal.

Bonnie, if for no other reason joining our church for the food is a compliment. Glad that you got several hours of sleep. Yes, you really are blessed to have such good friends in your life to help out. Whatever in the world will you do without them?

Elsie, so glad after thinking about it that you won't be peddling hotdogs on the street corners this summer. The health departments kinda frown on animals around food, and I know that you would have taken Chloe with you to help out.

Okay, need to scoot,
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9390974

Bonnie, it sounds like you are enjoying your time back in Katy. You sure have some dear friends there.

Tammy, I'm not sure I understand what you are doing with the shower area but you know best. You don't need to think of something that is incapacitating. You could have an injury or surgery and wish that full bath was still there. If you decide to sell the house would the change in the bath make any impact on that?

I can't do anything with the Roku without a router of some sort. I'm debating wireless or wired. I know close to nothing about them. My modem is in the kitchen and the tv is in the living room. So I guess to wire it would be way too much work.

It's a bright sunny day here. I think it's supposed to warm up before getting way too cold.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 20, 2013
6:35 AM

Post #9390986

Loretta - I'd go with the wireless. So much more convenient if you ever get a tablet or other
internet-connected devices. We can even sit on the deck with our laptops or tablets
and be on line.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2013
7:09 AM

Post #9391010

Thanks Tammy.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 20, 2013
7:37 AM

Post #9391037

Good morning,

Just had breakfast, DH made a breakfast casserole that was delicious. We are having high wind, snow and ice all at once. Not loving that.

Tam, Do you not remember Me...DH...and me again, having to crawl up stairs on my behind, crutches, etc...with a broken foot, DH with knee surgery,
these are the type of incidents I am meaning...never mind long term.

I think these meds for my back spasms are helping me sleep, and forget about my spasms for the night. Sure sleeping in too late after them though.

Bonnie, it is just wonderful the way your "Texas Team" look after and adore you. Sometimes friends are more family than blood is. I have found that to be true.

MIL called this morning to wish DH Happy Anniversary. Never spoke to me or asked too. Told him I thought Anniversary was a "two person" thing.

Wind is getting worse out there...can't wait for this storm to pass!

Debbie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 20, 2013
7:38 AM

Post #9391038

Elsie, I would go with the wireless also, I have a Nook and can check emails and get directions/internet instead of having to be at my computer.
AND it works in the back yard too.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 20, 2013
7:57 AM

Post #9391058

Breakfast done. Broke out the seed catalogs. Hope to finish that up today.

We are back to very cold and windy. Yesterday at work we had to lock the Enter door as it was blowing open. You all know how heavy those doors are!

Back to the catalogs.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2013
9:04 AM

Post #9391138

Now I am not bragging about our Florida weather but it is in the upper 60's today. We will have highs in the 70's this week. It will drop into the low 30's a couple of nights but that is not bad.
Oh and the Redbud trees are blooming. Kind of early this year, like 2 month

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 20, 2013
9:56 AM

Post #9391221

Ordered from Bluestone Perennials as there was no one to slap my hands and ordered from Jungs. Still looking.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 20, 2013
11:40 AM

Post #9391345

Tam don't know if they make them now or not, but the best built in oven I ever had I put in my Sandestin kitchen. It had a feature that allowed you to cook using thermal, microwave and convection all at the same time. Any type of foul cooked using that method came out like the rotisserie chickens we buy at the grocery - only better. Beef roasts were also delicious and cooked in half the time. I understand your downstairs dilemma. Think hard about Loretta's comments. There is an ad on TV this minute for a store called Scratch & Dent Appliances, Tam, Just what you need, only a little too far away.

Debbie that is quite a storm you are in. It seems to be lasting so long. Poor Izzy. I am absolutely lost here without the boys. I keep taking all the precautions with doors and gates as though they were here then realize I don't have to be careful.

It is sunny but cool in Katy. Had the heat on first thing this morning to take the chill off. My house is all in order, Thinking about calling the realtor. If he has time today, he could stop by for a look-see to get a feel for a list price on my house then go over to DMs house and do the same thing. Tried to talk with my mother over the phone today, but she claimed she could not understand anything i was saying. She sounded like she was having a bad day. Oh well not much I Can do about it.

Gonna look at some paperwork. maybe I'll be inspired,,,right.

Bonnie
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2013
1:20 PM

Post #9391468

I think Debbie sent her wind this way. Even though it is not too cold it is wicked windy.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 20, 2013
3:20 PM

Post #9391595

Elsie, that wind lasted from Friday til tonight...still happening! I sure hope it doesn't stay that bad as we had.

We just got back from dinner, drove home in a blizzard, but turned down our road and 1/2 mile down...nothing. No snow at all, just wind.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 20, 2013
4:50 PM

Post #9391685

It has been one of those days. I went to the pool, have lost a pound but the ankles and knee where not happy with me. Yesterday went so well and they did not hurt so I was hopeful that straightening the muscles would fix the problem for a time. I have stayed off of them as much as possible today but I am bored out of my mind. No games that I can get interested, I keep messing up on the photo editing, so I had to quite. At least I did not lose any of them. Maybe I will try to read, nothing on TV that I want to watch.

The only good thing I get done to day is address the envelopes for the calenders, well each is half way address, have not put the return address on yet. Hope to get the over to my friends across the street in the next couple of days, if I can catch them at home. He can put postage on the and mail them from his house and all I have to do is write a check.

Sandy and Andre

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 20, 2013
5:59 PM

Post #9391754

I am a proud recipient of one of Sandy's lovely calendars. A lot of love went into the making of these calendars.

Thank you, Sandy.

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 20, 2013
6:00 PM

Post #9391756

Hi folks!

I visited with friends today. I needed to get out and see people again! So - cups of tea at two houses. The first couple did a kitchen remodel 2 yrs ago so they are great to talk over ideas. She sent me home with catalogs to look through (Kohler & Bosch. She gets a 40% discount on Bosch 'cause she works for a german company. I liked their gas cooktop.)

I'm winding down for the night. Have a good evening.
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 20, 2013
6:57 PM

Post #9391795

Well I thought I posted this afternoon, but clearly there is nothing there.

The sermon went well, and I was asked to come back. That is lot's better than getting cold shoulders, and someone saying Don't hurry back! Now that would be rude.

Tried to rest this afternoon, and either the phone or the doorbell were determined that I would not enjoy myself.

This week I should be able to slow down and get some things done around here. Getting tired, so won't comment at all, but will try to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9392078

Good Morning! Did I get the worm?

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
5:48 AM

Post #9392096

Tammy, I didn't want it so glad that you were early enough to snag it. Was it frozen?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
6:37 AM

Post #9392149

Good morning everyone. Went to the pool, the good news is I have lost 2 pounds sense Friday, the bad news is I hurt!!!

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9392160

I think the worm was in my coffee, omgosh what did I do? I think I was distracted by a beautiful pair of cardinals and lost count!!

Sandy, great great work!!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 21, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9392174

Morning everyone. Brrr it is cold here but the mighty wind seems to have stopped. Yesterday it was wicked and for awhile the poor kits were running around the house crying. Streak and Sassy finally buried themselves in a closet and I didn't see them for hours.

Diesel had a special treat yesterday and is still recovering from it. He had a blast and even Quill got in on a bit of the fun. Our friend Steve and family rehomed a 2 yr old Rottie on Saturday. Thor is gorgeous - very hunky! Thor's dad is with the military and has been reposted to Afghanistan. He and his wife have a new baby and a 6 year old Rottie as well. The soldier was worried it would all be too much for his wife and felt Thor being younger would adapt to a new home. Diesel and Thor played and played, then came inside and played and played some more. Steve and Pam are worried with their work schedules they might not be able to keep Thor as well as their other 2 dogs. I was impressed enough with Thor who is also completely obedience trained that I said I would take him if he was too much for them. Don't think that is going to happen though, Steve, Pam and Tia are in love. Of course they continually call poor Thor Diesel all of the time. I was so pleased to see that Quill felt well enough to try and get in on some of the fun. Both of the big boys were very good with her as if they knew she was pretty fragile.

Nothing like a new dog to chase away the blues. Mine just evaporated yesterday even though they should be frozen in a block it is so cold here.

Tam glad to read you were able to get out and visit with friends. There is nothing worse than being housebound when you are ill. Most days it doesn't bother me to stay at home but often when I am ill for a couple of days I get this great urge to get out of the house. Weird eh?

Elsie how did Chloe do with all that wind Debbie sent you? Did you get your TV squared away? All this tech stuff to do with the TV, computer and phone scare the dickens out of me. I love having the use of the equipment but live in fear that someething will go wrong and I will be asked by some tech on the phone to do something at their instruction. Heck I can even mess that up even when they so calmly assure me that I won't have a single problem doing it.

Sandy you take care of yourself. Don't you fret about your calendars and getting them out. I think everyone here would say take care of yourself first, you are too important to us. We don't want to see you hurting even more than you are. I had a dream the other night that I went to a store and was able to buy a new left knee. Wow, if it could only be that easy!! I am going to go to Toronto when I finally decide I can't stand it any more to have my left knee done. There is a well respected Arthritis and Rehab Hospital there that my GP still has contacts at and she refers any of her patients that will go to Toronto to that facility.

Congratualtions Bonnie on being so well received when you gave your sermon. Were you nervous at all? Quill send smoochies for her Mr B. How has Casper been behaving lately?

Did I miss where you said you went for dinner Debbie? Roads north of me were horrendous yesterday due to the weather. Wind, ice and snow - bad combination. There was a 30 car pile up up near Barrie so that highway was closed for hours. Belated anniversary greetings to you and Paul. How is Paul's burn?

I hear the dinger on the dryer so I had better go change the wash over. Enjoy this frigid weather ladiesa! Except of course all of you in those wamer areas. Terese you and DH were very wise to head south when you did. Hope you have a blast on the cruise!

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
7:09 AM

Post #9392190

Oh Dianne, that just made my heart smile hearing about Thor!!! Funny, I was just telling Paul about a litter of "Shih-tzu/Rottie pups" at the shelter. Yep,thats my story and I"m stilcking too it! They are actually Rottie & Shepard mix...but I know my house is over full. I can dream.

Dianne, we went to Alex's Place, it is in Batavia and known for their bbq ribs & all. It is really good! I had a 1/4 rack of ribs and a skewer of grilled chicken wrapped in pineapple chunks, a baked potato...and a bowl of chowder! It was SO SO Good. I didn't eat it all and have lunch for today.

DH also gave me some earrings as a gift. Told him he had another woman on his mind as he gave me two sets, one for my top hole...one for bottom. I said "I don't have a top hole, just one". So he said "you can get another one done, right?" That hurts! LOL His burns are doing much better and he hasn't complained much at all. After Saturday he stopped bandaging as felt the "fresh air" was doing better for them as skin was breaking down from the tape...even using a hypoallergenic one.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
7:16 AM

Post #9392196

The chickens were very happy to have the frozen worm!

Bonnie - great to hear the sermon went well! I had no doubts it would be otherwise but still glad to have it confirmed.

Debbie - I have half a pot of really good dark brewed coffee here I can share with you.

Dianne - Thor sounds wonderful! So happy for Steve & family as well as Thor that he could work out for you if he doesn't for them. Love the image of all that puppy love going on up there. :-)

Sandy - good for you on the exercise & weight! I hope its all sore muscles that are bothering you. Those will get used to the workouts. Strained joints not so much.

I have left over pork & sauerkraut from one of my friends for the chickens. Plus the beef liver from the side we split a few months ago. Those chickens are gonna be happy!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
7:21 AM

Post #9392203

This one is too dark, it taste bitter. Thanks but I will pass...and go put some vanilla creamer in it! lol

I used to love sauerkraut, Pauls uncle would make it fresh once a year.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9392209

This batch was from 1/1. So not fit for human consumption. I have
never cared for sauerkraut. Always hated the smell. But I know its
good for you and I should try to develop a taste for it... but yuck. :-)
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9392215

Tam, considering we ate it with sausage or hot dog boiled in beer...it was very good for you! Did you ever have a Lum's restaurant or
go to one down south?

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2013
7:43 AM

Post #9392233

Morning! and if there had been a worm here it would of frozen in a split second! With wind chill it is about 14 below. Anybody want to play outside?

tam isn't there a soup that calls for sauerkraut in it? Maybe I should make some for supper and put some of that delicious pork roast in it! I need to shop for a dishwasher as mine is sounding really sick. I think the pump is starting to go. It must be 20 years old or close to it.

Dianne That pup sounds so lovely! Plus what a fun time those boys had yesterday and I can just see Quill joining in and the boys being careful. Made my heart sing.

Deb you get a puppy and I'll get a puppy!

Terese enjoy that nice weather for me!!

SAndy so sorry you are hurting today! Maybe it is all the talk of our bad weather?

Elsie I don't even want to think of all that techno stuff! Have a good day at work. I will enjoy my day off today. Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist so don't consider that a day off. Oh did you leave plenty of blankets for Chloe to snuggle in?

BonnieB HAppy to hear you were invited back. No greater compliment!

Bonnie hope all goes well with everything you need to get done.

Now to clear the record. It was Janet that liked that guy not me! I had never heard of him until I started chatting with you guys! Plus if I had to wear heels never mind that one! LOL It was funny tho!

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 21, 2013
7:46 AM

Post #9392239

Love sauerkrat either raw or fried. Warren and I used to make it every year for a number of years. My first MIL used to put some sauerkraut on her cabbage rolls - they were excellent. Although I have never been able to replicate the recipe so that it tasted as good as hers. I am beginning to wonder if she didn't sweeten the sauerkraut before she put it inside the cabbage rolls.

UPS was just here with a nice surprise. I had forgotten I had ordered the DVD of Dharma and Greg. Do any of you remember that TV series. I only saw a handaful of episodes but it made me laugh. Figured that would be a good thing for me right now.

Diesel, Quill and I are getting ready, Steve just called and he and Thor are coming for a visit. Steve's other 2 dogs are older too so Thor really needs a playmate. Bet Diesel will sleep well tonight.

Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2013
7:51 AM

Post #9392250

Oh Dianne another play date!

Saturday whe we were out and about. I just about bought Ty a new Loveseat. This one is leather and I just bet it would be easier to keep clean. Have to think about it. Price sure was right!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
7:51 AM

Post #9392251

OH Dianne, that was one of Pauls all time favorite TV shows...he had a thing for Dharma, and I still watch Thomas Gibson on Criminal minds.
Loved her with all her dogs in that episode!!!

Tell Steve to take pictures and load for us! I would love to see Diesel and Thor together.

Dress warm and put ear muffs on Diesel, it is COLD out there! End of week will be much worse, Vicki is sending it to us I heard.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
7:53 AM

Post #9392252

I feel so bad with Izzy. This "new to us" couch is light colored and I can't let Izzy up on it. Its microfiber...doesn't clean well. But she is so stiff laying on the floor.
Dammmmm cats pee on her bed...so putting another in here won't do any good. I am just going to get a cover for the couch and let her up maybe...she drools
horribly!!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9392268

Ty drools some also. Not bad but it is usually on my side!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
8:12 AM

Post #9392285

I called and made appointment for the joint doctor will go Wed. I took one look at me feet today and know I have to do something. They are so swollen!!!!. My knee does not like the foot rest but my feet do not like to be hung down. There is a lot I have to do here to get ready but we will he what he says.

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
8:14 AM

Post #9392292

Sandy, put a pillow under the back of your knee when you have them elevated on the foot rest. It helps not "pull". That is what they had me do in rehab
while doing exercises.

Glad you were able to get in.

Problem with Izzy is, if she is on the couch, not much room for me. She is LONG and stretches out on top of that. lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2013
8:18 AM

Post #9392297

Sandy I hope he can help you so you have time to get things ready.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
8:59 AM

Post #9392344

Debbie that is what I am trying to do but the set up in this room is on good. And it looks like getting a new easy chair has been pushed down the list of things I need.

Vicki I think we can work it out but I have to have something done soon.

S and a

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
10:39 AM

Post #9392438

I always go with leather - so much easier for keeping clean! And durable too. My last set lasted over 20yrs and has second life in my friends' basement.

OK - here's the big hitch with sauerkrout being healthy. I'm wanting it for the probiotics (microbes from fermentation process). You kill those if heated above 110 or something like that. So you should eat it luke warm at best. My friend says she puts it cold on hot mashed potatoes to make it palatable. I'm thinking its not worth it. lol (My digestive system seems to have survived the antibiotics pretty well. I had kefir and yogurt the whole time I was on 'em as well as afterwards).

Enjoy your day off Vicki! I had it in the back of my mind it was Janet but I ignored that 'cause it'd be more fun if you had the "Debbie" mask on. And it was Debbie who needed the high heels so she'd be closer to your height. :-)

Sandy - is there any chance you have a lymphodema(?) issue like Bonnie?

I'm ready for a nap. I am just not feeling up to exercise yet but I suppose that's why I feel tired. I have not worked out since Christmas day.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
10:44 AM

Post #9392444

Oh Janet love LOVED Larry! I remember a couple conversations we had about him. LOL I miss her!

You did a lot yesterday Tam with visiting, you should rest and not over do.

DH didn't seem overly impressed with his Larry tickets...but oh well. I tried.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 21, 2013
10:57 AM

Post #9392461

Deb you did try. I was so hoping DH would go and get that loveseat after I said I really liked it and it would be so much easier to keep clean. SIGH! Never has done anything like that and I didn't really expect it to happen this time.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
11:00 AM

Post #9392463

Tam my regular doctor was not overly concerned with the swollen, once he checked my heart, blood pressure and felt me feet. But we will keep a eye on it.

Sandy and andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
11:13 AM

Post #9392476

Sandy, was it you that said has the Amazon advanced? What does it take to get the account like that? They want more in shipping
than the dang mouse pad!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
12:05 PM

Post #9392534

'PRIME" I think it is $75 for one year but not only do you get 2 day free shiping on Prime items but there are also free Prime movies(just watched 2 Jeff Dunham videos) and you can also earn credits for music.
It pays for itself very quickly.

Sandy and Andre
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 21, 2013
12:59 PM

Post #9392599

Now here in Ontario Debbie Amazon gives you free shipping once you spend $25.00. That is fairly easy to do, well at least it is for me. I wait until I want a couple of things and order then. The shipping is regular UPS but rarely does it take longer than a week, often within a couple of days. I am so glad I ordered Season 1 of Dharma and Greg - it was $32.00 and I haven't laughed that much in ages - plus I have only watched 2 episodes. Steve watched 1 episode with me - it was a little before his time so he had no idea what I was talking about. I tell you it is like spending time with your son, your favourite son when the 2 of us are together. Or the son you always dreamed you would have. Diesel and Thor had a blast racing around. Quill did her best to participate. We stacked wood while they played - more to keep warm than anything. Wow it is cold out there!

Marathon dentist tomorrow - I can hardly wait. My neighbour when I lived in the farm house is going to take me. She says she will bring her book and settle in for the lengthy appointment.

Aw Vicki it is still disappointing when your guy doesn't do what you wished he would, even though you know deep down it wasn't going to happen. I have all of my furniture covered in sheets but it still needs recovering. The big chairs are 12 years old and have had lots of hours of dogs' bodies on them. I think I will wait until after the Spring season and all of its mud is over before I go ahead with the rehupolstering.

Tam I think you did well today with all of your activities yesterday. You have been laid pretty low so no wonder you are a bit tired today. We used to put the sauerkraut on top of BBQ'd sausages and hot dogs. It could be like other relishes so you didn't have to worry about heating it up.Looking forward to seeing what appliances you are going to choose. That's exciting!

I forgot it was a holiday for you all today. I was thinking "Gee I don't remember it being a national holiday for the Presidential Inauguration", then I realized it was MLK Day.

Bonnie how wonderful Moe and his wife are to you but they treat you with the kindness that you treat them. Do your legs feel better with his treatment? I remember you saying his wife had the same trouble with her legs as you did.

Snowing now and the wind is picking up. I think Debbie sent that wind over here this afternoon.

Diesel is wandering around the house looking for Thor. I really don't want to get another puppy but when I see how happy and tired out Diesel is after being with Thor it makes me question what I should do. I will wait to see if Thor works out with Steve and family - I am pretty sure it will. They all just love him already.

Time to clean the ashes out of the wood stove. I knew I was right not to dust this morning. I thought I could get another night out of the wood stove but with this cold I think I had better get that firebox cleaned out now. Going to need lots of wood tonight I am sure.

Dianne

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
1:16 PM

Post #9392631

I loved Dharma & Greg! One of my favorites. Good pick Dianne.

I have Amazon Prime. You get free 2day shipping (no price restrictions) but as in the regular shipping free after $25, not every item counts. Some are not shipping thru Amazon so you do have to pay. With Prime you get 1 free kindle book a month and unlimited streaming for some of their content. It pays for me with the ebook alone.

OK - got a HUGE surprise about an hour ago. DH picked up some chicken food for me so I went to the barn to collect eggs and he was in there depositing the feed. I heard something and looked in a corner of the front stall, where there is an old barn door leaning. In the 8" of floor space, I see the little bantum hen that had the mean rooster chicks. I see she has eggs & decide I should take them 'cause its way too early for chicks. Guess what? 6 chicks and 2 more eggs. I moved 'em all to a box and put a heat lamp over them and then ran down to Agway to get starter food. I heard one of the eggs "beeping" so I think we'll get maybe one or if lucky(unlucky?) two more chicks. I'll check later and help it hatch if its not out yet by supper time.

Will get pic's later.

Tam
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 21, 2013
1:22 PM

Post #9392644

Looking forward to the pics Tam!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
2:36 PM

Post #9392721

Yay!!! We have babies! So happy to see some new chicks Tam, new life is good on these cold winter days.

Dianne, maybe you should call Rose and put in an order for two pups for the next litter (one for you...one for me..shhh) lol
Then again, so many in "foster care" in need of new home like Thor. You just never know their behavior and what they have
been through or if they will eat cats for a snack.

Batten down the hatches Dianne, this is headed my way tomorrow...sure hope you don't get it with the Dentist appt.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lyndonville-ny/14098/weather-warnings-869381/2126400

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
4:00 PM

Post #9392797

Debbie - perhaps you'll want the extra chickens? :-) I'm getting a dozen eggs every other day.

I checked and one more chick has hatched. Here's the pictures. (I got the whole flock in quite a dither when I picked mom up to see if the egg had hatched. So took the pic's really fast & got out of there). There must be a chick tucked into mom 'cause I couldn't see it anywhere else. And there were 6 chicks & 2 eggs when I put 'em in the box and now one cracked open shell & one egg remain.

Tam

Thumbnail by Tammy   Thumbnail by Tammy         

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
4:13 PM

Post #9392804

Tam, I am not zoned for chickens, or you know I would have them...and a little pig! (and a pony, a goat and a sheepy!)
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
4:31 PM

Post #9392822

Tammy, love the chicks!

This place has been nuts lately. Between Saturday and Sunday nights I lost the remote to the tv in the bedroom. I checked everywhere. When I got home today I got the flashlight and found it under the bed. I think someone was lying on it. ahem I haven't gotten a wireless router yet so I don't have my Roku set up. Now the brother at work shoes me a 32inch tv with the netflix, hulu and stuff already in it and wifi in it. Then I would have to get wifi for my dsl. It's all very confusing.

It's neat to see how many older and not so old tv shows are out there just for the watching.

Still no knitting - the pain in my hand comes and goes - mostly comes it seems. I might be at the keyboard too much. So I'm heading to the recliner.

No Teddy today - his Mom had the holiday off.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
4:46 PM

Post #9392840

Elsie, what happened with the new shoes? The Sketchers you got, are they comfy or did they go back?

Have the same issues here, I find half of what I need between the sofa cushions or down the side of DH's chair!

I actually watched old ALF shows the other night...I still laughed at them. My older girls just loved Alf.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
4:46 PM

Post #9392841

Loretta - I made the assumption you had a wireless router. Or were buying one. You can get a DSL modem/wireless router for about $80 (plus or minus $20). We have a separate wireless router & DSL modem 'cause we kept burning out the modem. That problem turned out to be the way the house was wired. If you don't have the wireless now, than you must have the hard-wired roku box. Enjoy a relaxing evening.

Melva - maybe you'll want the extra chickens? hehehe

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
5:44 PM

Post #9392886

Debbie, the Skechers would be good for a pair of slippers. there isn't enough support to be a walking shoe. And they are over $50.

Tammy, I had thought I could put the wire from the modem to the roku but one is in the kitchen and the other is in the living room. I think I will hit Walmart after work tomorrow or at lunch and see if I can find one.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 21, 2013
5:49 PM

Post #9392888

Elsie, DH said we have a NetGear wireless, and he believes it was about $35 at Walmart. It runs them from upstairs and down and I can sit at the picnic
table and pick it up on my Nook.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
6:46 PM

Post #9392951

Well, I must be dense, but I don't know what a roku box is. Someone care to explain. Here all we need is a router, as we have satellite tv and I have wifi for the computer.

I am looking for shoes. I bought a pair of Easy Spirit shoes that accommodated my orthotics and wouldn't you know they have discontinued that style. I wrote the company but doubt that will do any good. I guess the styles are sort of dictated by the younger generation, and they aren't into comfortable or shoes that will accommodate orthotics. Guess I am going to have to have some wooden shoes made! There was a piece on our local news tonight about a shoemaker who makes a mold of your feet and will custom make shoes, but it is mostly for people like athletes who have really big feet.

Tammy, the chicks are too cute. It is a bad time of year for them to arrive, but guess it is too late to worry about that. Wonder if these chicks will turn out to be mean? Good chance as it is probably genetic.

Dianne, I got a big smile on my face when you told about Diesel and Thor playing. I secretely am hoping that Thor doesn't work out and he ends up living with you. Easy for me to say huh? Did you get my email the other day?

Vicki, must have missed the conversation about the couch. The DH's sure don't think like we do.

Debbie, Izzy drooling? Must be dreaming of the things that she can eat!

I am having a conniption fit. The 2 daughters of the DBIL who was killed has depended on my DH to do lots, and I haven't said anything about it. Thought that as time went on they would start taking over the affairs of the estate, and get it all together. His DB had a hired hand whose job it was to take care of the horses, feeding them 2 times a day, making sure that they were healthy, etc. Well today, they fired him and told him that he had to move. The man's wife called and told me about it, and wanted to know if my DH would talk to them and see if they would change their minds. (I feel sorry for the couple, as they don't get paid all that much for the job, but do have a house where they live rent free as part of the arrangements) Well with firing him, the girls are expecting my DH to take over the care of the horses. I called the oldest one when I heard about what they expected and read her the riot act. I told her that my DH IS NOT taking over the feeding. They are remodeling the house where their dad lived, just started on Saturday, and have the water turned off that goes to the barn, so the hired hand has been carrying buckets of water to the horses in the barn. There is 5 in the barn, and DH and a friend are going to NY this week to get 3 more that his DB owned. Talk about a disfunctional family, their pictures should be in the dictionary beside that word.

Thanks for letting me vent, I was just about to explode. Seems like I do more than my share of that here, and many thanks for letting me.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013

Post #9392961

I am going to call it a night.
Plans for tomorrow is to go to the pool, hurry home and take DM for her appointment and then stop by store to pick of the gold plated pills my regular doctor ordered for me. Hoping they help with the inflammation in my feet

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
6:51 PM

Post #9392962

BonnieB we are here for that to, so vent away.

S and A

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 21, 2013
6:54 PM

Post #9392966

wow BonnieB. Amazing to think they could just fire the guy and expect your DH to take over. Good for you for letting them know that was a bad idea! I hope this nips in the bud any further assumptions of this type. And yeah - I'm worried about the chicks too re: cold & re: being mean. They could even be in-bred with the roosters we got rid of so even worse genetics!

Roku is a box that allows you to connect a TV to the internet so you can stream video w/o a cable or satelite box. Much cheaper (around $8-9/mo) than either cable or Satelite. Typically you'd have antenna to pick up local channels too.

Loretta - reminds me. We had a "powered" antenna (just a little thing you plug in the wall) that did an amazing job at boosting broadcast signals. Do you have these?

Heading off to read & then to sleep. Good night all
Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
7:17 PM

Post #9392991

BonnieB, I think it's absurd that they fired that poor man and then kick he and his family out. Why would they do that and assume your DH would do the work for free. Do they read certain craft magazines?

Tammy, I'm lucky I have a tv and can now find the remote for one. No I don't have an antenna.

Sandy, I hope the meds help you. I'm so glad the pool is helping.

I think I'm going to have to see the doctor about my hand. It's really not improving unless I do nothing. Instead of ice tonight I tried heat and I think it feels better.

Sweet dreams.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
7:49 PM

Post #9393021

I don't know about craft magazines, maybe crafty shady magazines! My DH has a very good disposition, and they assume that he will take over and do the farm work and they won't have to be out any money to pay him. They have no idea of how much money it takes to feed those horses, but talk about keeping them to take to horse events. They haven't even thought of how much money it takes to fill that big diesel truck with fuel, with it at almost $ 4.50 a gallon. They have no income from the farm to pay the bills, so I think if they don't listen to reason, they will soon have to sell the farm and the horses.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 21, 2013
9:57 PM

Post #9393222

Cannot believe the time! I had a full, non-stop day. Moe and Edith were here at 8:30 AM. He soaked my feet in a salt bath for half an hour then gently rubbed them with a pumice stone and some special soap he brought. After that he massaged my feet and legs with Aquaphor and put on my compression stockings. Then they left. He had a pick up at 9:00. At 10:00 I met the estate sale rep at DM's. He may be able to schedule the sale in early February. He wants lots of "stuff". More stuff than furniture. Man do I have STUFF! Wayne will be busy moving stuff from my house over there the week that he is here. Monique arrived at noon to join me for lunch. We had fun catching up over our barbecue meal. i gave her an amethyst and diamond pendant and earring set of mine to thank her for all she had done for my mom and me. Amethyst is her birthstone. She was touched. She helped me move the courtyard furniture back into its proper places and she swept up all the dead leaves. Then the realtor came at 3:00. He thinks DM's house will sell quickly because it has so many upgrades and it is the only floor plan of its kind on the market. He thinks it will bring me a profit. He was blown away by the upgrades in my house. Said other realtors will think him crazy when he prices my house, but he will tell them to come see for themselves. He cautioned me that I would have be patient to wait for the right customer who will appreciate the house - maybe 4 or 5 months before it sells...also at a profit. YAY! Next Moe and Edith came back to oump my legs for two hours. Then i finally had time to grab a bite to eat. I, too, find Amazon Prime pays for itself in short order.

Oh Dianne I think i hear the love in your voice for Thor. I am hoping he joins your family. You need him more than Steve.

Deb batten down the hatches. Stay inside so you don't blow away.

Elsie Roku is too hi-tech for me to understand. Don't understand any of Tam's explanation. BTW, if you paid more attention to Chlore, I bet she would stop hiding the remote under the bed. Just saying.

Vicki have you finished your seed ordering yet?

BonnieB congratulations on the sermon.

Tammy the chicks are soooo little. Sure hope they survive.

Have to pack it in.

Good night.

Bonnie.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 22, 2013
12:47 AM

Post #9393269

Good morning! I'm beginning to recover after a full week-end!LOL I like having Nicholas around, but not all the family...if you know what I mean! It's exausting not resting like I'm used to and I'm feeling that every next day after their visit. It's been warming up here too, much to warm for this time of year. It's 57F today, can you believe it? The snow has melted and miss Mole has started to dig again...this time in my lawn...great! Doggies, are barking a lot these days because it's hunting season. I have no idea what they are hunting. We have lots of rabbits, deers, birds. I saw a hunter with his rifle yesterday, much too close to our homes and I was about to shout at him to go away, but I think he saw me and went farther.

Tam, love your chickies! Aren't they so sweet? I love sauerkraut, and raw cabbage. Just Sunday me and Andreea made pork stuffed cabbage rolls with sauerkraut from my barrel. I ground the meat, divided the sauerkraut leaves and when it was time to stuff them in, Nicholas woke up so I went to him and left Andreea to do the job.LOL My Mom is OK with Andreea's marriage. She has always been her favorite granddaughter.

Bonnie, I'm so glad to hear what wonderful friends you have! I hope the treatment works well for you. Are you OK with selling your house in Katy? I hope you can get a good price for you beautiful house.

Debbie, Happy Belated Anniversary! Great gift from Paul! You need to show us how they fit in your ears. It seems that only women like Larry the cable guy!LOL You did try!

Elsie, I'm glad you decided to go to the doctor's for the hand.

BonnieB, congrats for the good sermon. I'm sorry to hear about your nieces. I'm sure they're taking your DH for granted since he's been helping them so much, but you did well. They need to know that he has a life of his own too!

Sandy, good to hear that you still can go to the pool. I hope the new meds will kick in.

Dianne, are you serious ? Do you want to take another puppy? How sweet! Good luck at the dentist. Is this the last appointment?

Vicki, I hope you can get a new loveseat. I just love the word! I remember Janet was in love with Larry!LOL I hope she is OK. I also saw the new Total Rekall and loved it. Only I think Arnold was better in his time!

Have to go and work. Can't wait to get back home! I have Paranormal activity 4 to watch.

Adina

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 22, 2013
1:01 AM

Post #9393272

Just saw my article was published today :

http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/4043/

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2013
3:57 AM

Post #9393337

Good morning everyone
Adina Love your article

I have decided not to go to the pool today as I have to take DM to the doctors and that is a good bit of walking, plus I have to push the wheelchair

Any one want a dog???

Sandy and the pest

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9393382

Good morning from the North Eastern Artic...good heavens!

The temp is "8" with a real feel of " -10" with the wind and all that fun factored in.

Izzy got me up early to go out, did her job and came right back in...that says it is cold! She stood in front of her towel to get dried off, something
she usually avoids.

Coffee is on...

Bonnie, that sounds just wonderful about the Realtor and homes possibilities. And I am just so impressed (and grateful) to your dear friends for
caring for you like that. Moe's wife has a blessing with him!

Sandy,be careful on your travels with DM...and stop yelling at the poor poor misunderstood puppy! lol

BonnieB, glad you stood up to the nieces, they both sound like my MIL and SILs with their tactics. DH will
not stand up to any of them and I just hate it.

Vicki, I think it is definitely oatmeal this morning for breakfast.

Waving to everyone...going to try and get some coffee, and then TRY and go out and fill the feeders.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9393401

Good Morning!

Great article Adina!

Sandy - wanna trade a bunch of newly hatched chicks and a mighty protective little moma hen?

Loretta - Here's a link to the Radio Shack offerings of antennas. They are very small and worked
really well for us. We could pick up a lot of broadcast signals with it and almost none w/o.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032204

BonnieB - so your in-laws aren't the ones calling Loretta to complain about their craft magazines? :-)

Bonnie - great progress! So happy to hear you are getting good treatments for your legs.

The contractor is coming out to check out structural stuff this morning. Gotta run!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9393406

Well, I am in big trouble. Was obsessing over the weather and totally forgot I was supposed to meet DH in Brockport for his follow up on
the colonoscopy. He just called to see where I was!!! Oooops!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2013
5:43 AM

Post #9393408

cross posted w/you Debbie. Its a balmy 14degF here. DH opened the barn. I may
decide to close it up or move the chicks & moma into the tackroom if its really cold
in there. (Thank goodness its a bank barn so is relatively warm.)

Tam

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 22, 2013
5:53 AM

Post #9393419

Good morning.

Adina, l enjoyed your article, too. In New Orleans, we also attach a cross to the top of a house under construction when the roof beams are framed.

Today I think I will rent a small storage unit here in Katy so I can start moving things out. Linda the organizer, may be able to take some old files there today.

Nothing new since last night.

Have a good day everyone.

Bonnie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 22, 2013
6:06 AM

Post #9393443

Leaving for the dentist in a bit. Gotta warm up the jeep. For some reason it didn't want to start!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013

Post #9393477

DH's colonoscopy was "abnormal polyps showing pre cancerous cells". SO, he has to have it repeated every 2 to 3 years now.
They said nothing else to be done just watch. I guess sort of like all my skin issues that are precancerous...just watch.

Round 1 of breakfast...blackberries

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2013
6:44 AM

Post #9393483

Tam I would think I would be getting the best of that trade--I can out wit a chicken!!!

Sandy and Andre the brain
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 22, 2013
7:52 AM

Post #9393542

Just came in from outside and I am steaming! For the very first time Diesel decided to expand his horizins this morning. When he and I went out for our second big walk I decided when we came back to load some wood closer to the back door incase I am under the weather from the dentist. Diesel always stays right around me so I wasn't watching him as vigilantly as I would when we walk. Whoosh! I went to move the wheelbarrel over to the side door and no Diesel. I looked frantically for 20 min which seemed like 2 hours to me. I even went out on the lake which is against all of my beliefs this early in the season. I am petrified of going through the ice. I finally decided to walk home and get the Escape, praying it would start and begin my search on the lane. As I neared the house I called his name 1 last time and the little devil bounded up to me like what's that matter with you??? written all over his face. He did not like I frog marched him into the house. Quill wasn't out with us this time, her first walk was a bit too much for her this morning. My heart is still pounding!

No email BonnieB. How unfair and unrealistic of your DH's nieces to expect so much from your DH. Goes to show they really didn't know much about what their father did every day of his life doesn't it? I really feel for the fram hand and his wife. Having grown up in an area where farm hands were a norm and knowing how valuable a good one is I just shake my head at these girls. The farmhand and family must be just shaking in their boots wondering what is going to happen to them. People don't realize how much the free accomodations mean to the farmhands.

I think I actually need a big sale to get rid of alot of Warren's 'stuff'! Unfortunately in 1 of the sheds there is also lots of Frank's stuff so I don't know what I can get rid of or not. Going to ask Steve and Mike to take a good look downstairs in the boiler room and in the sheds to see if there is anything either of them can use. I am so thankful for all the work they do for me they are welcome to whatever tools are there plus the gazillion nails, bolts, brackets and other such stuff.I know in the 1 shed alone there are 3 working chainsaws of various sizes and I would keep 2 of them but the third could go to a new home. Warren had some reason he absolutely had to have it and since he asked for so little how could I say no.

Good luck getting your mom to the doc's today Sandy. I hope it is not too hard on your body.

Fingers crossed things won't be as bad as I think they will at the dentist today.
BBL
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013
8:06 AM

Post #9393560

Dianne, OH my gosh! Do you think he went looking for Thor? Following his scent or something? Darn boy! Izzy did that to me a few times under a year of age ad took off out back during hunting season. Scared me to death!

Thoughts are with you...will be in the room at dentist with you.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 22, 2013
10:51 AM

Post #9393729

Back from the dentist. Got one filled and the other pulled as it had an infection. I could of had a root canal and a crown but for the money I could also get a implant in the future. So decided to get it pulled since it is a back tooth.

Dianne I hope your visit goes better.

Tam I would take those chicks if we lived closer. HOpe they make it.

Going to go and watch come TV. Maybe nap.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2013
1:03 PM

Post #9393853

Here's the scoop on the chicks:

There are now two empty shells in the box so both successfully hatched after I moved them. Oddly, I only count 7 chicks. So either one has repeated managed to stay tucked in mom or I miscounted the original 6 I moved to the box (with the 2 unhatched eggs). Three black, four white.

They were on the side of the box directly under the heat lamp today when I finally got out there around 1pm. The chicks really peep when they are not under mom but I think they are fine as long as they all fit under her. Its 18degF today and feels very bitter. I taped up some holes in the box to help hold in the heat better but I doubt its really anywhere near even 70degF in that box, except directly under the lamp. We'll close up the barn in a couple hours. I have two heat lamps in that stall and just rigged up a third in the back stall. With the doors shut, is shouldn't go below freezing in there tonight.

We had the contractor out today. Sounds like it may be prohibitively expensive to replace a beam to allow us to remove a post. The design is nicer without the post but Gary & I agree its workable with it. And we get to keep the 200yr old chestnut beam as it is (which is exposed and quite unique and pretty).

We also looked into options to keep the shower in the downstairs bath. That sounds like it would be really
pricey (if we reduced the bath footprint, which is really important to the design). I called the realtor who sold me the house (and sold it before too). She doesn't think it'll make much difference in resale, given that the house is not one for infirm folks anyway. So, we'll get the cost but will probably proceed to convert to a powder room.

So that's all the news. We're going out for dinner with friends. It'll be nice to get out of the house!
Tam

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013
1:49 PM

Post #9393901

Um, Tam...about that bathroom. I would put those baby chicks and Mom in there for a few days. Or do you have a basement?
Afraid your going to have chicken dumpling balls

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2013
2:13 PM

Post #9393922

WE have a tack room in the barn that I could move them to but for now, they are fine under mom. I just worry about them flying out of the box if its somewhere "finished". She led the last batch out of the box not long after they hatched. (They could fly very early. These bantums are tough & primative. They haven't been bred for docility & egg/meat production)

The barn is shut now. I'll check the temp when we get home.

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2013
3:21 PM

Post #9393978

Tammy, I hope your remodeling plans go well from here on out. Those chicks should stay nice and warm under the lamp. Do they stay together to stay warm? Have a nice dinner tonight.

Do I need an antenna? I got the router today. So if you hear swearing it will be me.

Bonnie, good news about the houses.

Vicki, how is your tooth feeling? Were you able to get a nap in?

It sure is super cold out there. It was flurrying on the way to and from work. Someone hit my back bumper today at work. It's plastic so it can't be fixed.

I got a phone call from a very mad man. He accused us of stealing his credit card and renewing his subscription without his permission. Some companies do that but we don't. I know for a fact if I stole his credit card info I wouldn't renew his subscription. I would have a new tv and new shoes. Okay I will cancel your subscription. While I am on the phone with our subscription company - getting a copy of his renewal - he called and left me a message. He really doesn't want to cancel. He mailed in his renewal with a check last week - DUH??? I couldn't get him on the phone so I will have to call him back tomorrow. He even swore at me.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 22, 2013
4:49 PM

Post #9394065

Tammy I think a powder room would be sufficient on the first floor. As long as their is a toilet and a sink, a patient restricted to the first floor can wash up or be washed up using a powder room. Sorry about the post in the kitchen. I suggest you mirror it and make it disappear,

Dianne what a trick Dieise played on you, I am certain he thought it was great fun. Yes, get that wood closer to the house just in case you have a few days when you are not at the top of your game or there is a blizzard roaring outside.

I started this post over two hours ago so I am certain there will be many post above this one and my comments will be old news.

Vic, what a terrible day at the dentist. Hope you are feeling a little better by this time. Did he give you pain meds?

Sandy maybe the pool three times a week is a better idea than everyday. That way you give your body a chance to rest and recover in between sessions.

BonnieB I am very concerned for the horses in your nieces' care. It sounds like with the water cut off to the barn they are already somewhat compromised even with the caretaker there carrying water by the bucket to the animals. I believe the authorities should be called to check on the animals living conditions. I wholeheartedly agree that your DH should NOT be the one to care for those animals.

Linda worked here for 7 hours today and still has plenty to do. I got away about three hours running errands, Moe came an hour early to hook me up to the pump 3:15 - 5:15. My legs are looking so much better and feeling better, too. I am sooooo tired tonight, I am falling asleep even as I type. I have to stop.

Bonnie
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 22, 2013
4:53 PM

Post #9394070

Back from the dentist. Wooo hoooo! Things were not as difficult as both Doc and I had anticipated. Turns out the crown on the tooth getting the root canal breaking off was a good thing and made the whole procedure much easier than we both had thought. Still was a 2 1/2 hr appointment but everything got tidied up in my mouth. Not saying this too loudly or holding my breath but that is it for the dentist for a while. Need my teeth cleaned but will wait 4 or 5 weeks before I book that appointment. Just starting to feel some discomfort so am not complaining.

Sounds like things went well for you too Vicki at the dentist. Did you go to the dentist on your day off? How's Ty liking this bitter cold?

How did you fare today Sandy taking mom to the doc's?

Melva how are things in Texas?

It is -37*F on my deck right now and that is in a sheltered part. Brrrrr!!! Even Diesel did not want to putter around after he had his dinner tonight. Poor Quill really feels the cold so was very happy to get back inside. She went directly to her spot in front of the wood stove and collapsed. I don't think she will move all night now.

Tam you are so right about the Bantamns - man they are whiley critters. We used to have them but they pecked so badly I begged mam to get rid of them. Often when a fella was argumentive and short of stature mam would refer to him as a banty rooster. Very aptly described all of her 7 brothers I must say.

Debbie are you frozen to the core yet today? Shannon hear back from Target about taking the job at Paul's? I sure hope the kid can get a break and have a chance to make some $$$'s.

Elsie I thought you were being quite responsible with the man's CC if all you were going to get was a TV and shoes. He probably should have thanked you instead of swearing at you. Your poor ears!!! Good luck with the router installation.

BonnieB what did you do today?

Well I had better look and see if there is something soft that appeals to me for dinner tonight. Do have ice cream but not so sure I am warm enough tonight to want to eat some.

Sweet dreams everyone!
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 22, 2013
4:55 PM

Post #9394071

We crossed Bonnie. I am so glad to read your legs are looking so much better. No wonder you are tired though, my goodness you have a lot on your plate! Did you get the email?

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2013
5:03 PM

Post #9394086

Diannie DM walked which saved me from getting the wheelchair out and in the car, plus it is good for her. Then we went to Cracker barrel for lunch/dinner. Andre did that a few time but in his case he slipped his head out of the collar.

Speaking about the brat. My friend from across the street has been taking him for short walks when she can as she had high blood pressure and the doctor told her to walk or do something. Well I have said her name around him some and he knows the work walk will he put them together on his own. I told him."Pamela is coming to take you for a walk" you should of hear him, he was so existed and in a hurry to get out the door and to the fence to greet her..

About to call it anight

Good night everyone

Sandy and Andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 22, 2013
5:29 PM

Post #9394108

Good night Sandy.

Loretta - the powered antenna would just be if you wanted to pick up more broadcast channels (for free). Its completely unrelated to the roku box/router deal. Sorry to through a curve ball at ya! And oh my what whackos you get at work!

Dianne - I told Gary it was -37deg there. It didn't make him feel any better about our temps (though its a LOT warmer than that here.)

Bonnie - so glad ot hear the legs are doing better for you. Yeah!

The chicks all fit under mom so they are nice and warm.

We had a nice dinner out.

Good night all
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2013
6:15 PM

Post #9394159

Just getting here. I had an appointment with my macular specialist today. Says things are about the same, so that is good news. Told him I was having problems seeing as well as I thought I should, and he recommended some reading glasses OVER my bifocals. It if frustrating enough with just one pair of glasses. Well, anyway don't have to go back for 6 months.

Bonnie, the horses are well taken care of. It was one of those things the girls did something (like shutting off the water to the house, when the water to the barn is on the same line) before they thought about it. DH called them today and told them to find another way to do what they wanted and leave the water to the barn alone. We are having words over his being so involved with them, I am at the point of throwing up my hands and just ignoring the whole situation except where it takes time away from me and the business here, then I won't back down. Sounds like you are getting excellent care from Mo and his wife. glad to hear that your legs are doing much better.

Tammy, I am hoping that the chicks stay under mom and that they stay warm. I am sorry that the post cannot be moved, but you don't want to sacrifice that beautiful beam.

Vicki, sorry about your dentist appointment and the tooth you left behind.

Dianne, I sent you a copy of my sermon, you must have a non believing email! Sorry that Diesel gave you such a scare. I have had that happen before and your heart is in your mouth until things settle down and the offending pet is found, usually safe and sound.

Elsie, I wouldn't wish my in-laws on anybody. But behave yourself and be nice to me, or I will tell them that they can get all kinds of favors if they call a certain number! Hehe,, wouldn't that be a hoot, no, well it would for me for awhile.

Sandy, hope the neighbor works out to help you with walking Andre. Glad your Mom was able to go under her own power and you didn't have to push the wheel chair.

Adina, loved the article. Didn't know that about basil and it's religious signifigance. If I put basil under my pillow, all I would get would be a nice smelling bed, and maybe dream of gardens, or something else green.

Well, tomorrow is grocery day and I do errands while I am out. So will be a long busy day for me.

Everybody stay warm
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2013
6:21 PM

Post #9394165

Hooray for me - I have the wireless router all done and the Roku is updating software. It will be a miracle if I ever get the tv back to it's own self. I think I should have waited until tomorrow - I'm getting tired.

Bonnie, the Roku and things like it take tv content from the internet and you watch it on your tv. When you watch this singing on your computer you could probably watch it on your tv. The Roku has different channels to watch old and current tv shows and movies and other stuff. If I watch an internet video on my computer there is quite a bit of starting and stopping. I am hoping that doesn't happen with the Roku. For the free stuff - once you buy the box and hook it up- that's all you pay for. But there are paid channel too.

You can use the Roku to bring some kind of tv or movies to a tv without cable or satellite - you just need th box and wifi.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 22, 2013
6:27 PM

Post #9394171

Dianne going to email now. Cannot believe it is -37 degrees at your place and you are not in Alaska!!! It doesn't sound like an ice cream night to me. Brrrrrrrrr

Forgot i had started the process for green beans New Orleans style. Good thing I had the burner set on the lowest setting. I woke myself up and managed to gt the green beans in the pot . Now all I have to do is watch and stir until they are tender. Or I can stop at any time and finish them tomorrow.

Tam in my Nashville back yard I used to watch the baby skunks waddle along under their moms as they made their way to feed under my bird feeders at night. From a distance you could not tell what was wrong with the mom she looked like an undulating mass of giant skunk as all the babies walked along her sides with 3/4 of their bodies under hers. It was only when she stopped that they fanned out to eat and play.

Elise I am so confused over your TV situation - I am about to have an anxiety attack. Definitely TMI for me.

Going to email.

Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 22, 2013
6:31 PM

Post #9394174

Thanks, Loretta. I am breathing more easily now. LOL!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 22, 2013
8:31 PM

Post #9394290

The weather is so bad here, that the big city of Buffalo sent the news crew and camera team down here to film a weather shot. Thats an hour drive in GOOD weather! Then they shot over to Medina south of us and filmed some more.

Glad to hear all dentist appointments went better than expected!!! So happy to hear that.

I am heading to bed and have to take miss Izzy out one more time. Brrrr!

Sweet dreams

Debbie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 23, 2013
12:14 AM

Post #9394381

Good morning! Still warm here, 35F this morning. It'll be 50F at noon, much too warm for this time of year! I'm not going to do much today, just rest and water my pots. I'm watching closely Miss Mole to see if she's doing more digging...grrrr!!!! Trica is helping too, he's watching her when digging outside, near my fence. I need to take some pics of those mole hills along my fence too, they're lots!

BonnieB, I'm glad you liked my article. I think I would dream the same if I would put basil under my pillow now! It's only for the single young girls! But we can try and see what happens!LOL I'm sure it won't be easy to have another pair of glasses over your other glasses, but at least you'll see better.

Bonnie, thanks! So interesting to hear that in New Orleans they have the same custom as we do when building the roof, cool! I'm so glad that Moe's massage was so good for your feet! And for your sleep too...bless him!

Elsie, the Roku sounds so cool! I'd love one too! I can't believe how stupid some people can be...you are too patient, girl! How can he think that you stole his card and used it to buy a subscription? Your answer was perfect!

Tam, thanks for liking my article! What a relief, the chickies are under their Momma! I'm sure you took the right decision about the beam and the post. Can't wait to see how it'll be in the end!

Dianne, it's so cold at your place...please stay inside! Diesel is a such a snort. Might have been what Debbie suggested, he might have run looking out for Thor...he just wanted to play! I'm happy for you that the visit at the dentist went well, but so long!

Vicki, you poor thing, loosing one tooth and one filled! I hope the infection wasn't that bad to cause complications after the extraction. How are you feeling today? I hope better!

Debbie, so cold at your place too! If Izzy doesn't want to stay out much it sure is cold! Please stay warm inside! I hope Paul is feeling better. Praying for him after the colonoscopy result.But how are you?

Sandy, I'm glad your DM could walk by herself and spare you of more exaustion. Andre is so clever, I knew that! What a good neighbor Pamela!

Have to go and work, talk to you later. Posting a few pics with some cakes I've been baking and cooking lately. First pancakes (Romanian recipe), second you can guess : it's muffins, third jam roll. And Miss Mole's hill moles in my lawn...grrr!!! Last a view of the snow left in my yard and on our street and the surrounding field.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti   Thumbnail by adinamiti

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
5:17 AM

Post #9394446

Good Morning everyone

Pamela has walked Andre a number of time, it is good for both of them.

My appointment is at 10:40 today, so hoping he can do something and soon

Stay warm everyone

Sandy and An

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
6:11 AM

Post #9394495

Good Morning! Got a call from our flower show exhibit designer and now I'm late for work!
Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 23, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9394511

Morning!

Getting that tooth pulled was not easy. But the pain is not bad and today tylenol or Ibupro should be enough for the pain. So far no problems from the infection.

Sandy will be with you today. Hope Andre is tired from his walk.

dianne I cannot believe how much colder you are there. Ty freezes his paws when he goes out at -19.

Adina those cakes looks so good and they are soft enough for me to eat!

Elsie if that man knew how many pairs of shoes you could buy he never would of said that! I did have to laugh when I read that!

BonnieB glad the Visit went well today but not too sure on 2 pair of glasses working? Those girls need a good swift kick somewhere.

Tam so enjoying hearing about the chicks.

Better go and feed you know who and find myself something soft too eat.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
6:26 AM

Post #9394518

Good morning, it is cold, don't know how cold, as I haven't looked at the thermometer. This is grocery/errand day, and I am ready to head out.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 23, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9394530

Good morning,

Just a bit of snow here, only fell on my tush once going out to fill the feeders. Poor birds are literally starving!!!

Snow stopped for a bit but is flurrying again.

I need coffee and will be back

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy      

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 23, 2013
7:44 AM

Post #9394604

No snow here so far just sunny skies and bitter cold. I waited until it was light to walk the dogs this morning and even then the dogs ran home before I did. Man it is cold! The woodstove worked overtime last night. I had to get up twice to fill it so that is a good indication of the temp. Usually if I stoke it at 11 pm it will last on the low bevel until 5 am, probably even later if I wasn't up.

Aw Tam I am so sorry you were late for work... I know the commute is such a hassle for you.

Wow Adina that is warm for you so early in the year. Your poor plants won't know what to do.

So Elsie are you still cross eyed and wondering if you have TV or are you smiling and looking forward to enjoying some telly tonight?

Good luck at the doc's Sandy. I hope you can get some solutions soon. Being in pain day in, day out is horrendous. So glad your mom walked yesterday. You are right it is good for her. Would she walk out on the street with you when you take Andre or do you go too far? How wonderful your neighbour is helping with walking Andre. Is that Barry's mom?

Alright Bonnie what are New Orleans style green beans? Makes my mouth water just thinking about the name and I don't even know how its made. Do I sound like I am in need of a good meal?

BonnieB I have a friend who has to wear glasses over her bifocals for the same reason as you do. Very frustrating! She says she spends most of her day organizing her glasses. Good you don't have to go back for 6 mon though. Does your DTS suffer from the macular problems too? Are you thinking about going to visit her this winter like last?

Looks like Thor has found his forever home with Steve and family. They are all so lucky to have found each other.Guess I will really have to rethink about getting a pup for Diesel. I feel so sorry for him... he tries to get Quill to play but she just can't. When she does summon up the energy he is so gentle with her it makes my heart go pitter patter.

How is your mouth feeling today Vicki? Mine is grumbling.Quill was lifting her paws way up this morning when we walked. No wonder she skedaddled on home before the walk was finished. Ty would not be happy out walking here today.

Oh Debbie you just keep that snow please. I'll take the bitter cold - at least I don't have to shovel it.

Terese how are things this week in your new condo?

Need to find something to eat. Cold cereal just doesn't appeal to me. Later everyone!

Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 23, 2013
7:52 AM

Post #9394615

Well ended up with two kids up for breakfast so I made pancakes and will say they were very good for a cold morning!

Dianne, that is burning a lot of wood! These temps are just wicked, and I know over at your place is much worse. I will say the snow is just beautiful
on the trees, long as I don't have to go out and drive in it!!

Shannons first class at college was cancelled, which I am glad. Gives them time to clean the roads before she has to go out.

Adina, how are you doing? When is Andreea getting married, did they set a date? You must be so tired and exhausted, I know toddlers can just run
you ragged.

I am doing OK, I have a struggle with the pain in my legs and lower back, but others have so much more. I will be glad to go see these doctors in Ohio
and see what I can do to fix it. I hate taking medications, but if it is something that will help...without doing more body damage...I will try. I just really
do not like that test for my nerves, they are already hypersensitive and "stimulating them" makes it much worse afterwards for a bit.

Tam, you haven't mentioned the office staff in some time, are they on vacation? Mine have violated parole again and are heading for the slammer
if this keeps up!

Kris sent me an email about a collar to get that helps with the fighting and such...so I am going to give it a try. It is 3 for $20 on Dr. Fosters. Her daughter
Sandy had good luck with them on a couple of her cats, I checked them out and very positive feedback.

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
7:57 AM

Post #9394621

I checked on the chickens this morning. (We've got the barn closed today.) In the tack room w/o heat and thermometer in the coldest/draftiest spot it was 38degF. I moved the thermometer to the box with the chicks and in the coolest spot it was pushing 50degF. Its much warmer under the heat lamp (and under mom). I took a couple pic's of the chicks. There appears to be a total of 7 (I must have miscounted the first batch when I moved 'em. I was going fast to avoid chilling them - moved the chicks in two handfuls and then mom. I thought it was 6 chicks & 2 unhatched eggs. There are now shells from the 2 eggs.)

Outside its a balmy 11degF.

Vicki - forgot to comment on the dentist deal. I would have done the same thing with the infected tooth. I hope everything heals up quickly and the pain is manageable.

BonnieB - stay warm!

Bonnie - the post that will stay is actually pretty to look at. Its an old hand-hewn beam. Probably not original to the house but certainly of the same era (aka 200yrs). So it adds to the charm, though obstructs
walkway and furniture arrangement options just a bit. No biggie though. How long are you in Katy?

Adina - I bet your house smells heavenly after making all those goodies! Enjoy the relatively warm weather!

Sandy - glad you have help walking off Andre's excess energy! Will be curious to hear what the doctor says.

Dianne - so thankful you didn't have a surprise longer session with the dentist! Has Diesel been minding you better since "the incident"?

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
8:00 AM

Post #9394628

Hey Debbie - cross posted with you. I have Truffles in with me now. She really prefers to work as a group. If I leave the office to make a cup of tea or something, she wanders off. Right now she looks like she's really settled in for a good long thinking-session. Eyes closed and everything. Pixel is downstairs on "her" chair. She's decided she does not like to work with her sister so typically goes into her "spa" (upstairs bathroom) or her downstairs chair if Truffles is in the office.

And not one "incident" since I got the house smelling good before Christmas. (fingers crossed & knocking wood).

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
9:20 AM

Post #9394759

So good news and some all shit news.
The good news is he thinks that he can go in with the scopes and clean the knee up enough for now-I have some cartilage(?) left so this might work.
The all shit news is because I have had MRSA any surgery is dangerous but the knee replacement much more so. So we both want to put that one off as long as possible.
It will be done next Tuesday- in and out the same day. My friend Brandy will take me.

Dianne yes that is the one who had Barry. She has a cat now. LOL

Sandy and andra

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 23, 2013
9:49 AM

Post #9394808

Question was just talking to a friend and she has had that flu/cold twice and been on the Z pack twice. The question is is there something else out there she can get from the Dr.? I thought you guys were talking about something and I can't remember. Told her I would let her know if I heard about anything else.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 23, 2013
10:38 AM

Post #9394853

Vicki, my daughter didn't respond to the first antibiotic...and Tam didn't either, I think she needed a second round or switcch.

I know the Tamaflu is good at the beginning to get it before bad. We talked about Airborne and a few cough medicines.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
4:13 PM

Post #9395233

Adina, love your photos!!

Tammy, it sounds like you have your chicks all taken care of. I sure hope it warms up a bit. brrr

Sandy, that sounds good for your knee right now. I hope you get an appointment soon.

I spoke to a CSR at Roku when I got home from work. We got the roku up and running. Fascinating the kinds of "channels" you can see for free. I need to watch the screen carefully since some things have a cost.

I called the mad man back today and actually made him apologize. He did. What a nutjob. He mailed us a check last week and doesn't even remember it.

I think I'm going to recline with a blankie.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9395259

Loretta - does Chloe get a blankie too? Congratulations on getting that roku set up!

Vicki - I did have to use a second antibiotic. Tamiflu is an antiviral and those are generally only helpful if given at the very beginning of an infection. I don't recall the second one I got - will see if I can find the name. I should say that when I was googling for info I found that good old penicillin is one of the most effective. I just happen to be allergic. Is your friend sure they have a bacterial infection (vs viral?)

Sandy - sounds like its pretty much good news. Sure wish you could knock out that MRSA once and for all for so many reasons!

The chicks were out when I checked mid-day. I did lower the heat lamp so its now hanging just a bit into the box 'cause they were peeping, which they do when they are cold. The photos didn't turn out so none to share today.

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
4:41 PM

Post #9395268

Loretta It will be done next Tuesday.
I am taking Andre to the kennel on Monday and he will stay for 10 days. I am hoping with the rest my ankles will has get better but knowing DM I will not be able to keep off them. Right now is being sick and she will not get out of the bed and go to the bathroom.

Tam MRSA is everywhere and even if I get rid of it I could pick it up again

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
6:26 PM

Post #9395380

Well, the grocery shopping wasn't bad. DS decided to go with me to shop for his groceries, and that was okay but I really need a day to myself. I am due an upgrade on my phone and I know that will take some time, and DH and DS are both short of patience, and even though I was driving, I didn't want those "how long you gonna be" looks. It did warm up some today, but that is relative, if in the mid 20's is warm. We are supposed to have another warm up and tomorrow is supposed to be in the 30's.

Sandy, look at it this way, if he is able to do some repair with the scope, maybe you will not have to have the replacement. Give it a try, and hope that it will last for a good while without more surgery. Where did you get the MRSA anyway?

Adina, love you photos. I hear you on being worn out by Nicholas. Boys are usually the ones who are so active, but when my DGD was small, she was all over the place. Never wanted to take a nap, and it was just go, go, go.

Tammy, you have your hands full with the chicks and checking on them, and then supervising the office staff. It is hard to get them all there on time, and then to make sure they are hard at work.

Elsie, glad you got the Roku all set up, and that you can now see new things on your tv. Be sure to watch for the prices, I have already gotten taken on th kindle by not paying attention. Anyway, the book turned out to be expensive, and it wasn't even any good.

Wonder if Terese is still enjoying the condo, or have they already left on the cruise?

Vicki, did the vacant place in your mouth give any problems today? Hope if feels better soon.

Debbie, wow two kids for breakfast. Sounds good. I have fresh sausage and bacon, so all set for some time. Froze most of the bacon, as it just doesn't keep long in the fridge. Poor Izzy, getting her footsies cold out there in the cold snow.

Dianne, I guess it was meant to be for Diesel to be an only dog there. (well, except Miss Quill) I think these things work our for the best. Just think, there may be another needy dog down the road that will come make it's forever home with you, even better than Thor.

Melva you have been so quiet, we didn't even hear about your birthday. And that cake. Did you make it?

Bonnie, hope that you are able to work and get things all ready to sell the houses in Katy. I am sure you have good help in sorting and moving it around. Take care, as your legs sound like they are doing so much better.

Will be an at home day tomorrow, with maybe a run to the vet to get some flea meds. The danged things won't go away this winter. Mr. B is digging, and I did see one on him. Other than that, I am trying to organize my office area. Now that I have all the paperwork done, and it just needs filing away. Need to clean out some files and destroy them, so may make that my daily project. Probably some laundry to do also. DH is going to Louisville to help another Nephew with overgrown yard. Yep, even after I said my 50cents worth, he is still going. He called tonight and has a leak in the plumbing, and we are 50 miles away. DH says, I am not coming down there tonight, call a plumber. Shoot DH doesn't even take care of leaking faucets or such here!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 23, 2013
7:04 PM

Post #9395423

BonnieB That is the plan, if this works maybe I can keep working out and get some of this weight off and that also will help. Do not know where we picked up the MRSA my doctors tell me it is everywhere and many people who never have any problems with, could be carriers.

S and A

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 23, 2013
7:12 PM

Post #9395442

Sandy, have you seen this...take 5 days before surgery to help rid MRSA.

http://www.centerwatch.com/drug-information/fda-approvals/drug-details.aspx?DrugID=94
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
7:53 PM

Post #9395512

Sandy, good news on the appointment.

Uh Tammy - all of the blankies belong to Chloe. I thought we all knew that. She just lets me use parts of them.

I called my cable company this morning to remove a part of my service. It would cost me $25.00 to do this. If I upgraded or cancelled it would be free. So I cancelled all together. Then I called back and spoke to a supervisor. I've been with them a long time. She waived the fee and the cable guy will be here on Saturday.

I got a lovely cut at work today. I was taking the reams of paper out of the box and the box went between my finger tip and nail. OWIE. I thought I might have to go out on workers comp.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 23, 2013
8:09 PM

Post #9395527

I am happy to hear all the folks who had dental work yesterday are feeling better than expected.

Dianne I am disappointed that Thor is living with Steve, but wonder what you would have had left in your home with Diesel and Thor rough housing in there all the time. I have this funny image of you scampering from bed to wood stove to bed to wait until the place warms up a little bit before you stay up. It may not even happen that way in reality, but it's what I imagine. I know that is what I would do - or maybe I would just wrap up in a blanket next to the wood stove and stay there...with the furbabies, of course.

Speaking of furbabies, I received a text from the Shores housekeeper asking me to ask the Shores pet sitter to please not put the kitty litter in the kitchen trash can. Apparently she changed the litter boxes and put the old litter in the kitchen trash can. House cleaner could not lift the trash can liner. Then had trouble getting it down the trash chute. Litter is not supposed to go down the trash chute. There is a special container for it in the upper level parking garage. BTW I found the keys to the first lock I put on the storage unit. The new purse I have been using has a hole in the bottom of the interior zippered pocket that is on the inside, back wall of the purse. Many treasures were hiding there. I finally got the property tax bills paid today and had my hair cut and colored. Another stack of current bills awaits. I mean keeping up with the utilities from three houses is a pretty large stack by itself. Wayne arrives on Sat. for a week. I am going to unload all the stuff he can possible carry in one week over to DM's garage for the estate sale. The guy told me anything and everything sells.

Adina i am still amazed at how you find time to do all that fabulous food prep. How are the pups? Have you fixed their houses for the winter?

Tammy I am certain the new kitchen reno will still be wonderful with the beam in place. I think my double wall ovens were Dacor. Do they still make those? I go back to FL on 2/3. Sure do hope those little chicks make it. You are doing all you can for them.

Elsie - CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy your Roku.

BonnieB waiting to hear all you learn about the phones. I think I am going to change from an iPhone when my contract is up.

Debbie the snow in your yard is so pretty, but you are not supposed to be on the ground playing with Izzy :~) Are you still undergoing tests or waiting for results?

Melva where are you? Come out and play.

Ditto Terese. I believe the cruise is this Sat. I am getting cruise fever again. It's been a long time since I have cruised.

Sandy try to see if you can get home health to come in to care for you and mom after your knee procedure.

Well, it is time to think about going to bed. Sure do miss my bed buddies.

Bonnie

This message was edited Jan 23, 2013 10:10 PM

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

January 24, 2013
12:05 AM

Post #9395588

We are all having a great time here, spent the day at Epcot, wow that was expensive - but we saw A LOT and did A LOT of walking.. Susie has one of those things that counts steps... we were approaching 18,000 for the time there.

Came home and we all went to the hot tub that was very hot. then came back and had sandwiches. Can't recall when we went to bed... 10-ish maybe... I woke up at 12.30 and I can't get back to bed. DH is snoring like a banshie; I tried ear plugs, nothing... I came down to sleep on the sofa... i'm still wide awake after an hour.

DH and I talked about doing a beach day today, which means an 82 mile drive back to New Smyrna Beach... but we will also go back to that restaurant for Shrimp... And Dh said he'd make the drive JUST for the shrimp.

Bonnie is correct, we leave this Saturday.

gonna try to get some sleep... my luck, I'll fall back asleep at 5am...

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
5:15 AM

Post #9395672

Good Morning!

Great work on the bills & such Bonnie. I do see Dacor appliances. Its a high end line. I need to go into Phila for a meeting about the flower show and am thinking of stopping at a giant applicance/kitchen display store on the way home.

Terese - sounds like you guys are really enjoying the vacation

Loretta - ROTFL I have to admit I'd forgotten who owned the blankie's at your place

I'm taking the day off today - getting my hair cut and then to Phila

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9395690

Good morning everyone

Debbie I might already have used that. Dr gave me something to put in my noise. But there are 2 other places that you can carry it. Once is our arm pits and the other is down where the sun does not shin.
The big problem is you can get reinfected very easy and as I am one of those who have out breaks I have to be careful. DM has only had 2 out breaks but she is also is a carrier.

Bonnie I should be walking in one day, so we will be fine.

Sandy and Andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
5:50 AM

Post #9395707

Good morning, the sun is shining, but it is still cold. Don't have a clue what I will do today, need to run to the vet to get the meds for mr. B first thing, then he can be mad at me the rest of the day! He is such a hoot. Takes everything personally.

I think I will work in the office area getting that all cleaned and straightened, and papers filed away.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 24, 2013
6:33 AM

Post #9395777

Good morning,

You are NEVER going to guess this one. It is snowing! OMGosh can you imagine that! I haven't seen that since...I went to bed last night!

Bonnie, I leave here Feb. 10th and go to Ohio, probably for the week, to go to Cleveland Clinic. First appt. is at 7:40 a.m. for a full exam and
after that will be handed a packet of all the testing, appointments and agenda for the week on what will be done. OR, I will be told, sorry we cant
help you and sent home. I won't know until that first appointment.

I have to somehow find money to win the Lotto so I do not have to stay at Pauls sisters house...as the "in laws" will be there also. I really can't handle that...and am hoping to stay at the Super 8 that is just 5 miles from the Clinic in Solon and not have to deal with the other dramas. I know my limits, and under going all
the tests...and the inlaws at the same time, won't fly! I honestly would rather sleep in my van in the parking garage!

Elsie, I know the blanket rules...they all belong to the cats and I can lay and shiver on the floor! I still am chuckling about your "angry man" and you making
him apologize! lol

DD is at work at Target this morning, they filled FIVE huge dumpsters with all that food the other day and were waiting for another when she left Monday night.
Couldn't salvage or donate any because the power had gone off...then came on and refroze food...and off again...while store was closed...so it was not edible or worth a risk.

OK, going for coffee and breakfast.

Debbie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2013
8:18 AM

Post #9395898

I'll start a new thread if someone can do the connection.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
8:26 AM

Post #9395912

Will do

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9395914

New thread thanks to Vicki
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1295224/

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2013
12:00 PM

Post #9482583

Hi everyone. I don't know where the time goes. There always seems to be a crisis here. The latest is my friend, Pattie. who has been in ICU where she received 4 units of blood from a bleeding ulcer associated with the gastric bypass surgery. She just started feeling poorly about three days before going to the doctor on Thursday. He ran labs on her, called and sent her straight to the ER to be admitted to the hospital. Her hemoglobin count was 6. She may be moved to a regular room today. My arm is greatly improved, but there is still one area in the inside right below the bend that is still extremely tender. Any movement that engages that area is impossible. I cannot turn my palm up and flatten it out level with the floor. DM is making progress. The sitter said she went down to the dining room for breakfast this morning and she is walking much better today.

Nothing new to tell. Had to file for extension on my tax return. Not my fault this year. The office has been shorthanded due to illness and deaths in families. Am meeting with H & R Block tomorrow afternoon to see what I can do about filing for DM. Have a bit of a snafu with her return. Nothing like going right down to the wire.

Gotta go. Meeting Judy to go visit Pattie.

TTYL,
Bonnie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 13, 2013
12:00 PM

Post #9482584

Hi everyone. I don't know where the time goes. There always seems to be a crisis here. The latest is my friend, Pattie. who has been in ICU where she received 4 units of blood from a bleeding ulcer associated with the gastric bypass surgery. She just started feeling poorly about three days before going to the doctor on Thursday. He ran labs on her, called and sent her straight to the ER to be admitted to the hospital. Her hemoglobin count was 6. She may be moved to a regular room today. My arm is greatly improved, but there is still one area in the inside right below the bend that is still extremely tender. Any movement that engages that area is impossible. I cannot turn my palm up and flatten it out level with the floor. DM is making progress. The sitter said she went down to the dining room for breakfast this morning and she is walking much better today.

Nothing new to tell. Had to file for extension on my tax return. Not my fault this year. The office has been shorthanded due to illness and deaths in families. Am meeting with H & R Block tomorrow afternoon to see what I can do about filing for DM. Have a bit of a snafu with her return. Nothing like going right down to the wire.

Gotta go. Metinfg Judy to go visit Pattie.

TTYL,
Bonnie

tcs1366

tcs1366
Itasca,IL&Lk Delton, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 13, 2013
1:14 PM

Post #9482656

Hey Bonnie...

think you need a big hug...

We are way over here -- > http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1306864/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America