Printer and wireless router

Islip, NY

If I plug my printer into a wireless router will I be able to print from my laptop?
Thanks
Timski01

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

If my logical brain is working correctly this morning, then I'd have to say the answer is "No".

Your printer, **any** printer, will have to be directly connected to a computer in order to work. A router will not be able to tell the printer precisely what to do, it does not hold all the data that a computer does. A computer needs a direct line (be it wired or wireless) to the printer in order to tell the printer what to do.

If I'm missing some boat here, someone please correct me!

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

speediebean, I'm on the same boat as you, you are right

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Some wireless routers have print servers, some don't. If yours does, then you can print by hooking your printer up to it.

Somewhere in, MD(Zone 7b)

That is very cool ecrane, I had no idea! Thank you for letting me dock my boat to yours. :)

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL. I guess I'm lost at sea !!!!!! I too learned something new today.... Thanks

Islip, NY

Thank you all. I too learned something
thanks
timski01

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

If your printer can be used as a network printer (i.e, it has a network card whether wired or wirelss) then yes it will work as well. Most home printers are wireless though and work fairly well when you set it up on your wireless router while a lot of office (heavy duty) printers are wired.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.