Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Mosaics and Stained Glass: Advice wanted on wheeled nippers please

Communities > Forums > Mosaics and Stained Glass
bookmark
Forum: Mosaics and Stained GlassReplies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Martnal
SW London
United Kingdom

January 15, 2013
4:07 AM

Post #9385566

My lady is about to start on her second mosaic. For the first she used ordinary nippers, but I've offered to get her a pair of wheeled nippers. Does she need them? Are they significantly better than ordinary ones?

Thanks in advance.

Martin
destinip
Oklahoma City, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 9, 2013
9:09 AM

Post #9443757

YES, they are worth every penny!! She will be so happy that you bought them for her. She will wonder how she ever went without them. My advice is to mark a spot on the nippers with a line to show where you are using them now, then when it is time to turn them because they are getting dull you will have a guideline. Believe me wheeled nippers make a huge difference. You can easily snip any shape quickly. A little practice and she'll be a pro in no time. Try E-bay also the Jennifer's mosaic brand is my personal favorite. Good luck and happy snipping. Please let me know what she thinks when she get s them.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Mosaics and Stained Glass Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I'm trying stained glass mosaics without grout! luckygardnr 14 Aug 23, 2012 3:05 PM
How is your shop set up? SandiTX 26 Aug 3, 2009 4:15 AM
Show us all your bowling balls! luckygardnr 273 Aug 27, 2014 6:35 PM
A Demonstration: Breaking Properties of Tempered Glass scooterbug 10 Aug 28, 2007 4:50 AM
Glass painting Vee8ch 3 Dec 12, 2007 3:26 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America