Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Tomatoes: Where can I buy tomato plants now please?

Communities > Forums > Tomatoes
bookmark
Forum: TomatoesReplies: 3, Views: 56
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cheviothunter
Wellborn, FL

January 15, 2013
10:38 AM

Post #9385950

I waited last year and the weather fried the plants.
I love the black ones I've tried before.
Thanks
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 24, 2013
12:01 PM

Post #9396225

At your local nursery or some of the online seed nurseries also sell plants. I know Territorial does (http://www.territorialseed.com/). I think if you do a search you could find one more local to you. Maybe another kind soul here on Dave's know's of a tomato plant purveyor in your general area...

Good luck.
Carolyn
Salem, NY
(Zone 4b)

January 24, 2013
12:12 PM

Post #9396243

I have many friends in FL, but I don't know where Wellborn is and those friends only sowed their seed between Xmas and the middle of January. or so, for plants to set out im early to mid March or so..

Whether it's N or S FL I can't see putting out plants now, though.

I guess you're saying you don't start from seed and only buy plants. I don't know specific sources in FL but I know that Darrel in Alabama doesn't send out plants until much later, and true for any place along the Gulf Coast. Darrel is great, SSE is great, those are the two that I'd suggest.

But I really can't think of any place or even nurseries near you that would be selling plants right now.

Hope that helps.

Carolyn
terri_emory
Alba, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 24, 2013
1:21 PM

Post #9396304

flyboyFL is in Florida, maybe he knows?

I used to live in St Cloud (when it was a little-bitty one grocery store town). But I bought my plants from a local nursery and planted them in the big plastic containers and put them on wheels. Moved them in and out of the garage in case of frost. Can't really remember what time of year I first planted out, though...Sorry!

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Tomatoes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Blossom End Rot tiG 34 Mar 17, 2013 10:29 PM
TOMATOES ARE SPLITTING oblambert 31 Sep 11, 2012 7:13 PM
Principe Borghese/Juliet in containers? shane478 7 Feb 19, 2009 4:20 AM
Disease? Any idea what this is? BudZander 31 Apr 21, 2010 6:48 AM
Tree Tomato ?? faronell 10 Aug 3, 2007 1:23 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America