Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Seed Trading: Looking For a Korean Cucumber

Communities > Forums > Seed Trading
bookmark
Forum: Seed TradingReplies: 2, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

January 15, 2013
11:17 AM

Post #9386003

A few years ago I received the best cucumber I have ever grown or eaten. It came in a trade here on DG. I used all the seeds and am hoping to beg some more. They had the word 'horse' on the label, but can't remember exactly and I lost the packet with the name. Last year I sent away for some seeds I thought might be the one, but it was not nearly as good. Has anyone here grown a Korean cucumber or any Oriental cucumber with the word 'horse' in the name? It's very prolific, at least for me. I think it grows best in cooler summers. It's very crisp and delicious.
KayJones
Lee's Summit, MO
(Zone 6a)

January 15, 2013
4:25 PM

Post #9386452

This site has them for $2.50/pkt.

http://www.evergreenseeds.com/orcuc.html

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

January 16, 2013
8:12 AM

Post #9387028

Hi Kay and thank you for the link. Those are the exact ones I bought last year and they were okay but not nearly as nice as the ones that came from the trade. Of course, I forgot to mention, that last summer was not a good cucumber year for me. The spring and early summer were too cold and slowed them down too much. So, I will probably try them again, since I saved them, unless I find the trader??

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Seed Trading Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
My seeds Holly 7 Dec 7, 2010 4:21 AM
wanted orange coneflower SEEDLADY 22 Aug 31, 2007 5:28 AM
Have: Primula Elatior, Mesembryanthemum, Cuphea Ignea babalu 9 May 3, 2010 10:57 AM
looking for mimosa tree seeds (pods) jishro 53 Jan 20, 2011 5:03 PM
Another source for SASE seeds Terry 32 Jun 7, 2011 8:05 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America