Old roof turbine...

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I'm new to DG and just found this forum. I posted these pics on Garden Art but I think this forum is more up my alley.

When my new roof went on, this old turbine came off and still worked fine; so I got a piece of conduit, painted the whole thing and topped it with a Christmas ornament spire! It is affixed over my garden gate and turns with the slightest breeze...

Happy junking! David

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand
mulege, Mexico

I love it. Welcome to your new home.

Just fashioned a small fence from the frame of an old dryer. It blocks the view of the hodge-podge of containers that hold trees and plants that are awaiting new owners or a decisions about their permanent location. There is a large plant in front of the fence so it's "casual" appearance is not very noticable; it does screen the pots while leaving the plants viewable.

Not artistic but it does the job.

kb

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Looks nifty, David!

I took a couple of old turbines, spray-painted them, stuffed the vent sections with sheet moss and used them as planters.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

katiebear and darius,

Thank you and both of your projects sound fun. Share some pics! David

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

David, I did post some turbine/planters pics several years ago here on DG but I have no clue now where, or even how to find them.

I've killed 2 or 3 computers since then so I don't even have any photo copies.

Englewood, FL

DARN, I found a brand new one curb side10 years ago, I couldn't figure out what to do with it so I scrapped it last week.

Deep East Texas, TX(Zone 8a)

Thinking I'd love to explore your garden David... very cool stuff you are doing!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yes, that turbine is VERY nice!!

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks for the nice words ya'll!

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Love it! Wish I had one or two or three!

Ves, your tulips are so pretty! Mine were a HUGE disappointment this year.

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Pat those were from a couple of years ago. The deer ate them the next year. I was happy to get those blooms and a good picture. LOL

LOL... timing the picture can be everything huh? Yes, that was JUST BEFORE the wind storm. Aw, yes, just before the drought hit... etc...

Jim Falls, WI(Zone 4a)

Sorry your tulips were up to normal standards. But it has been some pretty weird weather! I think we have been getting your rain or else it is sharing with us!

My Best friend decided to move to WI and it was already Nov so we dug up all of her tulips etc and shipped them to me. I got them in the ground as soon as I could but it just wasn't long enough. Sooooo... I probably will never know how they did "next year" as I have accepted a job in another town and will be moving as soon as we get this house sold. Oh well.. another house, another garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.