Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Pets: Chewy can't have flea bathes

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 2, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
glevely
Sanford, MI
(Zone 5a)

January 16, 2013
4:12 PM

Post #9387571

i have a 3 year old Pom and he had a seasure (sp) after his last bath about a month ago do any of you know a good way to get rid of fleas with any thing that dose not have chemicals in it ???

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
5:23 PM

Post #9387606

Sounds like it was way to strong for him. But this might help go to the store and get some Murphy's Oil Furniture soap. I hear about it for some Shar pi breeders(their dogs have a lot of skin problems) and tried it and it does work and helps the dogs skin. The breeder of my first 2 Terv's tried it and she was pleased with it.
It will keep them off for only a short time but it will not hurt him. Make sure to make the suds thick as this will kill the fleas

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

January 16, 2013
6:39 PM

Post #9387676

Shampoos of any kind are a relatively poor and ineffective way of getting rid of a pet's fleas anyway. They may be good for cleaning an animal, or for treating certain dermatological diseases, but not for doing anything significant in terms of getting rid of fleas. I hardly ever use flea shampoos anymore in my practice- too toxic for some, and too ineffective for all. The safe orals and topicals are far better way of getting rid of fleas as they have month long residual effects (baths have 0 residual effect). I consider flea shampoos as 'old' medicine.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America