Photo by Melody

Beginner Gardening: Didon Edule / Palma Sola Potted Plant Help Please!!

Communities > Forums > Beginner Gardening
Forum: Beginner GardeningReplies: 1, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
Los Angeles, CA

January 17, 2013
1:09 AM

Post #9387847

Hi, I have this palm looking Cyclad indoor plant that is called a Didon Edule. I think this is a member of the Palma Sola family. It is a relatively small plant that I keep potted indoors. It was thriving for the past couple of years (has good drainage soil). i water it approximately once a week, sometimes once every two weeks. Recently, the newly sprouted stem (which i was very excited about at first) has developed into an overly long stem with droopy leaves that are much farther apart than the original one. Am I possibly over or underwatering this plant? How do I tell?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached pics.

Thumbnail by TubOfDough   Thumbnail by TubOfDough   Thumbnail by TubOfDough
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 17, 2013
7:32 AM

Post #9388031

I don't know much about that plant specifically (although if you want to search for info on it, it's actually spelled Dioon not Didon). The floppiness and wider spacing on the leaves suggests to me that it's not getting enough light.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Vines for shade Foxglove 27 Aug 23, 2007 2:17 AM
wierd bug problem Ivey 9 Mar 7, 2010 7:54 PM
The ComposTumbler dave 43 Apr 18, 2009 5:06 AM
Are there any plants that discourage snakes? If not, any other ideas? Carol7 35 Aug 23, 2007 12:37 AM
Vine support pole Dinu 11 Jan 13, 2014 1:26 AM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America