Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Garden Myths Busted: Micro-Nutrients, Soda Pop, Salt: Micro Elements

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Myths Busted: Micro-Nutrients, Soda Pop, Salt
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Myths Busted: Micro-Nutrients, Soda Pop, SaltReplies: 4, Views: 45
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 18, 2013
9:13 AM

Post #9389147

While sixteen elements may be confirmed as essential to plant growth, human growth needs more. Remember iodine? Others like Yttrium, strontium, cobalt, scandium, and who knows how many more, are vital for vital human health.
ecschroeder
Tallahassee, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 21, 2013
6:08 AM

Post #9392119

Don't forgot the most imortant element, carbon; as in sunlight and carbon dioxide produce plant sugars through photosynthesis. This is also important in lowering atmospheric carbon dioxide and carbon sequesteration.
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
10:14 AM

Post #9392406

ecschroeder, Could you explain how this lowers carbon dioxide?
MemphisP
Millington, TN

January 22, 2013
11:10 AM

Post #9393743

Indy, plants use carbon dioxide from the air and also water and sunlight to make the sugars that they need to survive, like ecshroeder said. The plant then releases oxygen back into the environment. So therefore, plants help to decrease the overall level of carbon dioxide in the air on earth. Which is the main reason why deforestation is such a problem. I read somewhere that one full size adult tree produces enough oxygen to supply like 100 or 200 people with breathable air. And many thousands of trees are cut down each day.
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
12:03 PM

Post #9394961

I guess I don't catch the meaning of ecshroeder's part, " in lowering... carbon sequesteration." I thought it increased carbon sequesteration.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Myths Busted: Micro-Nutrients, Soda Pop, Salt Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
sugar smells yucky! carrielamont 0 Jan 18, 2013 7:31 AM
Salt theolderchick 1 Jan 23, 2013 6:52 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America