BATTLEBORO, NC

I'm a new owner of a 8' plant in 12 year old yard. There has been no care taken, other than obvious cutting to limit size. The tree bloomed beautifully and I'd like to plant several more.
I understand these may be propagated from seed. The ground is covered with "weeds" or seedlings. I would appreciate pictures of what Chaste-tree seedlings look like when 4" tall.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

This one's probably a bit bigger than 4" tall but it may give you an idea what a younger one would look like: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/70779/

Personally, although I have 3 of these in my yard I have never seen so much as one seedling come up (and they bloom quite prolifically), so if the ground near them is covered with these seedlings I strongly suspect they're a weed of some sort, not Vitex seedlings. If you can post some pictures of them, someone may be able to identify them for you.

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Agree with ecrane - show us what you've got.

You likely have seedlings of things that perching birds pooped out.

BATTLEBORO, NC

I can photograph, but how do I get it then into this thread?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

If you look underneath the box where you type your message, you'll see a link to upload images to your reply (I don't believe you can upload from phones, etc--but assuming you're posting from a computer you should see the photo upload options underneath the text box)

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

My phone uploads to my puter in windows, then i can choose from my pix...

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Yes--I was talking about trying to directly upload from the phone to DG, you have to save the pictures on your computer first.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

My straighttalk phone uploads straight to DG- but the pix are upside down. Iphone users use photobucket and then upload.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.