Post #9390127

Gorgeous blooms Jackie.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 19, 2013
11:32 AM

Post #9390219

Thanks Helena, My pandy made some pretty blooms but overall my vine did not seem as healthy as in'yrs past.
You're welcome Linda.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 19, 2013
11:01 PM

Post #9390888

Oh I love those pandys. I think I have some vining now.. here is hoping my tag is right LOL
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 20, 2013
11:28 AM

Post #9391331

Debra, I hope you get your pandys. Pandy does something funny when it first sprouts, a double stem coming from the cotyledon if I recall correctly. Seems like one of your pics showed your pandy seedling doing that too.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 21, 2013
7:05 AM

Post #9392182

My pandy didn't bloom that well this past year but I'm still hoping it will this year. I'm going to reposition the trellis so it get more sun and I can see the blooms better.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
12:34 PM

Post #9392559

Hope you get lots of pandy blooms too Helena. Mine didn't perform well this past summer for some reason.
A photo from July of 2010. This is one of the pics of pandy and our Palomino Goldie with her head in the g house, lol

Thumbnail by patootie
Click the image for an enlarged view.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
12:37 PM

Post #9392564

A nice shot of pandy down the fence line June 2010

Thumbnail by patootie

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 21, 2013
2:49 PM

Post #9392737

Those are beautiful!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 21, 2013
4:30 PM

Post #9392820

I agree with Linda, beautiful blooms.

It turned out to be a beautiful day here in MS warm enough for me to play in the dirt and transplant my mg seedlings into bigger cups. I sprayed the leaves and they got to spend a couple of hours outside in the sunshine!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
9:12 PM

Post #9393202

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Your seedlings look great Helena. Are they in the large foam cups?
Was only 48 or so here today and will be
colder tomorrow. I'm trying to get things done during this off season for me. The only'time I have to play catch up.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 21, 2013
11:01 PM

Post #9393240

morning girls and guys.. stayed up late seeding up more seed trays. no blooms to show, been missing them cuz of work. I dumpster dive the trash can at work for the cups folks throw away at the coffee counter.. we pay 14 cents a piece for them, i figure I can use them if I wash them out. some of the starbucks coffee cups are waxed paper cardboard, thought i would try those, what do u think?
colder than a witches tit here today went to work in 17 degree weather. brr!
I have all these bags of seeds I need to put in my work bag so I can send them off to who ever I didn't get any too.. Karen, Ronnie, Darrin.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 22, 2013
5:36 AM

Post #9393393

Nothing wrong with re-purposing coffee cups, and saving the landfils!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 22, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9393448

Thanks ladies, I recycle the huge cups that everybody brings home from the takeout places. Jackie, I think most of mine are 24 ounces maybe a few are 36 oz. I have 5 seedlings with those on my kitchen window sill.

Hope the weather warms up some for you guys.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2013
11:18 AM

Post #9393752

Helena, I do like to use the 8 oz foam cup to start
mine in and then I pot up
to the 1 gal size nursery pots.But the vines I plant in the large tubs have healthier leaves than the vines
in the 1 gal size. They don;t dry out as fast in the lg tubs and stay more hydrated so less stressed.
You'll be moving all those up to large pots?

Blue Marble Not from 2011, different bloom than my 2012 BMN but just as pretty. Not a single sd did
the 2011 version make

Thumbnail by patootie

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 22, 2013
3:58 PM

Post #9394013

Pretty bloom Jackie. I eventually hope to see blooms on my BMN this spring. I'm going to keep these seedlings in these cups for as long as I can. If it warms up good by the end of March, the special ones I might put into bigger pots, the others I just might put in the ground. I do think that the vines do better in bigger tubs and pots.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 22, 2013
8:20 PM

Post #9394276

i have been untangling vines all night that have gone wild in the basement garden ( charlies room) I think a jl is about to bloom. something with white and a darker center anyways.. I see all kinds of seed pods on those vines, but have been missing the blooms. boo hoo

had a red with white edge tiny bloom in the pink bedroom, those vines are now starting to bud and vine.
have to git back down and finish my mess... hope it isn't 1 again when I come up, i got a clock to hang up on the main wall so I can keep track of time, i get down there and totally get lost..
BMN us a very beautiful bloom whether a seed producer or not, Jackie. Thanks for showing her!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 22, 2013
9:34 PM

Post #9394348

Thanks Helena and Debra.
Helena I think they do better too in the lg pots and tubs, I hope
it warms up here by March.
Debra, I like to send pics of BMN, one of the prettiest I have ever grown.
Hope no one gets tired of her. ;-)

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 23, 2013
7:08 AM

Post #9394569

We can never get tired of your pictures!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 23, 2013
9:39 AM

Post #9394795

I agree, love looking at the pictures of beautiful BMN blooms!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
11:04 AM

Post #9394883

Thanks Linda and Helena.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
8:27 PM

Post #9395540

here is one from patio mix..2012

Thumbnail by joeswife

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 23, 2013
9:44 PM

Post #9395567

What a gorgeous bloom Debra.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 23, 2013
9:54 PM

Post #9395570

here are a few most recent basement garden shots..( like I am really happy about these)

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife
Click an image for an enlarged view.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
12:25 AM

Post #9395591

Beautiful, esp the orchid. Love the orange
Christmas Cactus too.
Is that a Bouganvillea spelling on the end?

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
5:11 AM

Post #9395669

Never tire of anyone's pics, especially this time of year!
Debra it must be like the tropics in your basement garden...beautiful!!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
5:35 AM

Post #9395694

Thanks , I have never seen an orchid of an kind bloom for me let alone live LOL

I go down stairs and sit in a chair by the fish pond and feed the fish one pellet at a time, watch them until I get drowsy and then hop up to go do something.,.
new t5 lights in basement main room, ( farthest south and farthest north)
new breaker box with higher amps per breaker per outlet for the spot lights.. ( I have to make some kind of warmer lights for blooming..)

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9395701

charlies room got re-arranged..
i moved the swan plant to the main room, moved the tomatoe and peppers to the corner it was in charlies room, re hung some ribbons for the morning glorys
the bougie is a varigated leaf one sent to me by a nice dg'r, i have nt killed it yet..setosa and other vines are climbing good now..

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
6:30 AM

Post #9395770

oh! one was open this am

Thumbnail by joeswife

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 24, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9395795

Beautiful blooms Debra. Your inside garden is really nice to see. All your plants look healthy and happy.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2013
8:15 AM

Post #9395893

I agree, love your basement garden! Nice to go down there and see the blooms!

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2013
8:17 AM

Post #9395897

These are a few Angel trumpets I have blooming in the spare bedroom! Dark pink and a yellow one!

Thumbnail by taters55

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
9:26 AM

Post #9396000

Your plants all look great Debra. Love the Bletilla orchid, I killed mine. :-(

Very pretty MG bloom this morning and gorgeous Pink Brug, my favorite Brug color.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9396033

Has anybody on this forum bought any MG seeds off that famous online auction that starts with an E? I got some really neat stuff (including some Japanese crosses) from a buyer, including seeds of yellow MG.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
10:54 AM

Post #9396147

I haven't Buttoneer because I don't have Pay Pal. Let us know how they do for you. :-)
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
11:00 AM

Post #9396151

Ohhh Patootie, you must get yourself a Paypal account. Unbelieveable the MG's they have there. Only thing is, some of the seeds are expensive, $ 2.99 for 5 seeds and $ 3.00 to ship but if you buy enough, they only charge you one $ 3.00 shipping charge. I've been reading the MG forums & I guess I will have to grow each different variety in a different pot this summer & keep them separated to discourage cross-pollenation. Dunno how you manage to keep all yours from crossing.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
11:07 AM

Post #9396179

Lol, Buttoneer I don't stop em. Most all of mine are open pollinated so my sds could produce lots of surprises. The species remain true. A few nils that are slow to make sds are the only ones I tried to help along by playing the bee. :-)
I doubt if I will order from on-line, I have hundreds of pkts I havent even tried yet.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
11:55 AM

Post #9396221

I've ordered many seeds from EBay and have been both pleased and displeased. Some I've paid a pretty penny for and they didn't germinate. I have plenty to trade Buttoneer, if your interested check in with me before you buy any more.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
6:10 PM

Post #9396632

Ronnie, Dmail coming your way. BTW, whereabouts in Central Pa are you? I'm in Carlisle. Thanks, Judy.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
6:12 PM

Post #9396637

I Have to echo what both Ronnie and Jackie have already said. I do sell a few seeds on Ebay to help with my sisters cancer fund, but I nver sell any seeds from my dg friends. I just don't tag stuff very well, so I sell my back yard collections as mixes, open pollinated. no one from Dg has even known this, so open confession here. I do buy from Emma , when I want seeds special. Mostly I plant from trades. we have had some great group swaps here, but not lately. I have found other sellers selling the same things as Emma, only a few letters changed or re-named. I abhor that. ( spelling is off)
I have yet to ever be dissapointed by any of emmas seeds, but the best results and prettiest blooms are from seeds from these beautiful DG members here.
My sister is going to need money in the near future when her insurance gets cut off, one chemo treatment is almost 5k dollars. I am moving her back to Kansas in 6 months, providing the newest results are positive. She doesn't want to die away from her family here. I donate ten percent of what we get to the breast cancer foundation in her behalf. So far, we have only made about 300 dollars, but it cost us 80.00 to do it if that makes any sense. I am slowly selling all the old vintage items from our Great aunt effie, and now she is giving me ( my sister) some other antiques she inhereited from all the elderly matrons in our family, so the funds can grow. we always thought we would keep these items in the famly, but my kids and her daughter have no desire to keep any of the stuff. so be it. If you want a pack of my mix ( i sell 100 at a time in a pack. ) I will gladly send you some. I tend to get a lot of seeds because I grow a lot of vines and the tags blow off or fade out. Nothing named, but I love any glory.
Hope everyone doesn't shy away from me for trying to help my sister, but it is all I can do , since I am a poor stoke anyway. Seeds like the special one below, go to my dg friends ...because they came from my dg friends..

helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 24, 2013
6:15 PM

Post #9396639

I had this bloom open in gh but I misplaced my regular camera so I'm used my newer one in the afternoon. So this is the the purple fading into pink color of that bloom which I kind of like even more.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
6:30 PM

Post #9396650

Debra you are the BEST sister ever♥♥♥

Judy I'm in Southeastern PA right on the edge of Philly near Bucks County.
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
6:31 PM

Post #9396651

Joeswife, Never. That;s an honorable thing you are doing to help your sister. God Bless you for it.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 24, 2013
6:33 PM

Post #9396653

Beautiful blooms Debra. I have no objections to you doing what you have to do to help your sister. Do enjoy seeing all your blooms, you also have quite a green thumb.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
6:45 PM

Post #9396678

Debra, you are trying to help your sis the only way you can so I would tell you not to worry about it. We have to do what we have to do at times. Outstanding blooms with beautiful colors.

Helena, that is a gorgeous bloom with the new pink color overlaying the purple

You and I think a lot alike Helena. I was sitting on my post with 2 or three things going on so our posts crossed in cyberspace.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2013 8:47 PM

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
7:00 PM

Post #9396699

Thanks for loving me. I love you all. So very much.You and I have all been together in soul with your love of Morning Glorys.

you southerners need to tell me what a button flower is. I found a whole bunch from someone and it just said button flower I am dying to grow a seed .
How do you plant a plumeria seed? anyone know? LOL

I wish we could have seen Helenas purple side of her latest show, the fuchia in the pink tells me it was a special kind of purple. I will never forget my first packets ever from DG members. I still have the empty packages. Some times, I want to send the packet back with what ever it brought, but i need a better tagging system and more rigidity.
I am going to show some leaves and vines, Jackie and Helena and Ronnie and Karen and.. LOL well everyone, and you all try to tell me what it might be ..

1>this one was in a "mix" bag from backyard 2>charlies room, west end wall 3> same wall moving north..4> it is all in one pot LOL 5>in a small seed pot..

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 24, 2013
9:30 PM

Post #9396849

Debra, I;m not sure what all you have there but at least one looks familiar,pic # 4. Note the large leaf at the top right of the picture. I had grown one like that a few yrs ago and again last yr. Note the hairs all along the stem. What caught my attention was the shape of the lvs. If that is the same vine as the one I've grown, it makes
a woodrose with the flower looking a lot like indica, same color. This vine was rampant for me, I grew one from sd this past summer but it didn;t bloom. That was because I didn;t keep it potted up to a large pot and it wanted to grow huge. Now my lvs have all dried up and fell off but I notice it has made an enlarged tuber so hoping it will come back. My vine made the soft thorns too. Ron had id'd this vine at one point in time but now I simply can't remember. Starting with an A???

Debra, I grew a Plumeria from sd one yr, very long time ago. I just used a good potting mix or sd starter mix and didn;t plant it very deep, maybe 1/4 inch deep. I waited till the first of March to plant it and I grew it to a good size, finally giving it to my friend who had her own plant nursery at one time. She grew it into a gorgeous Plumeria with
beautiful flowers.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
9:49 PM

Post #9396853

Dear Jackie, thank you very much. the big leaved vine is hard to kill. i have divided it several time,it roots in the air practically. I have sent away at least 20 of these things already rooted, but i havn't heard if they bloomed for them. mine has never bloomed. it started out as a seed, and emma id it as a hedercera var lutea, but it has not bloomed, altho the smaller version that i have grown did bloom as an annual. this one does have a huge tuber. i can cut it off at the top root all the pieces i cut off and still get at least 10 20 ft long arms all over the patio from it. I am thinking of cutting it back before spring and see if that will do anything to it. maybe it needs cold to bloom? * shrug* it reminds me of a native i batata from somewhere LOL
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 25, 2013
10:00 PM

Post #9397831

Debra, then its not the one I was thinking of which makes a blue bloom , fading to a pink, much like indica.
I wonder if Emma was iding your smaller version, all the hederaceas are of a small stature.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2013
11:18 PM

Post #9397845

how about this one.. it is reallly fuzzy, i wish I wrote down what i put in here, these are two an i nil from back yard mix, and a species... i have somany I can't remember what I planted. the one I am referring to is to the right of this picture..
here are some blooms from Charlies room..

Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife   Thumbnail by joeswife      

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2013
12:11 AM

Post #9397852

Well, I've started seeding. I'm new to morning glories and got a late start last year and failed miserably
This year I'm starting now inside and in a week or two (after some weeding) I'll go ahead and put seed out in the garden too.
I'd really love to get a good crop of flowers this year, last year the only one that really did well was the "firecracker" plant.
I have one MG that overwintered in a gallon pot, I thought it was an annual, but I'm wondering what it is now, no blooms yet but the tag says it's blue.
Maybe it's a "blue dawn" and not a "heavenly blue" like I thought.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
5:17 AM

Post #9397913

oh that s good, Dee, I sure miss living in california.. I can't wait to see your gallon mg wake up this spring and summer, be sure to post pics for us ok?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2013
7:02 AM

Post #9398004

Debra, that is a beautiful cacti bloom, I have never seen one that color!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 26, 2013
9:16 AM

Post #9398094

I agree, love that color on your cacti.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 26, 2013
11:48 AM

Post #9398238

Yes, pretty Debra, love the Orange and the Yellows. Did not see them here at
Christmas time like we usually do. Just the Reds and Whites for some reason.
They only had the big 12.00 size too, nothing for us poor folk. :-)

Dee I hope you get to enjoy MG blooms this coming season.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
2:13 PM

Post #9398381

this special cacti was a gift from a dg'r, it has spread really nice, when it is done blooming I will prolly thin it out.. the red and white in the pink bedroom have been blooming non stop including all last summer, weird one that is.. i need to thin it out also.. it was a gift from my boss, he doesn't do plants and a business gave it to him as a christmas gift, he scooted it right to me three years ago, it gets so loaded and big it loses arms. poor thing.
Going to the basketball game tonight instead of a movie, got free passes at work. Last saturday we went to a free movie. Ilike free.

Helena, got your seeds the other day, this weekend I will get the other seeds i have gathered from the basement sent out. ...
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 26, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9398425

Debra, glad you got the seeds. I forgot to include a note so I hope they do good for you and you enjoy the blooms.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
6:15 PM

Post #9398572

I'll agree debra the color on your cactus is really stunning!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 27, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9398937

Still waiting for these blooms to open. Iris outside has another bloom that opened too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh   Thumbnail by helenahkh         

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 27, 2013
7:45 AM

Post #9398975

Debra, what is your name on ebay?? Would like to check out your mg auctions!! Want to get several different varieties of them.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
9:53 AM

Post #9399083

it has closed until after I get back from Ar, sbish. Just dmail me your mailing info i will send alot of seeds.. just ask anyone here, i ca send a lot. have Karens, Ronnies and Darrens ready to go out MOnday, YAY!

Jackie and Helena, sending you some of the basement jan 13 mix, have new ones growing now.. did you want other seeds Helena? Jackie, will save u an arm of the peach cc, did I send u swanplant seeds? Do u want some of the red and white CC? I have LK's swanplant seeds ready to go, can't rememeber who I sent what these days.
you will have to go back to October, November and December posts to see what I collected from in these winter mixes as I am back upping my laptop in the back ground here LOL
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2013
11:12 AM

Post #9399153

Debra, you're mix from the Basement is really a nice selection, thank you.
Just a tiny arm off of the Peach Christmas Cactus will be fine. You have so much going on
that I hate for you to even bother with it. So don't be in any hurry on my acct. :-)

No Mai in 2011

Thumbnail by patootie

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 27, 2013
11:38 AM

Post #9399174

Thank you so much Debra. Will send you a d-mail with info and just let me know what you need as far as postage/envelope cost. Put some of the "grandpa ott" seeds in hanging baskets last year and they grew really well but didn't get much bloom--I think they did not get enough sun where I had them hanging!
THANKS again.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2013
11:45 AM

Post #9399182

Debra, yes you did send me swanplant sds, thanks.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
12:27 PM

Post #9399221

Helena, did you get swan plant seeds? LOL just checking the envelopes before I seal them.
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 27, 2013
12:57 PM

Post #9399231

Debra, thank you I didn't get the swan plant seeds but I'm good with just the basement mix. Thanks again. I need to start your Four o'clock seeds that I liked so much.

Pretty no Mai Jackie.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2013
4:45 PM

Post #9399423

Thanks Helena.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
6:26 PM

Post #9399507

Jackie that is the prettiest of all your No Mais.. your photo is nice and crisp..
here is what was blooming this am... not blue, not red, but in between? third pic is a macros shot, and this is in Charlies room.
last pic is a no mai from a Jackie seed 2011 grown in 2012

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 27, 2013
7:49 PM

Post #9399584

Love your close up shot Debra #3. I got lots of no Mai blooms that were identical to yours. To get the one
I posted above, I think I need to hand pollinate each time.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
10:53 PM

Post #9399707

dear friends, I just saw this post on FB from my sister:

sorry friends. havent been on facebook. didnt feel wel after this last chemo. feeling much better today. get a week break at least. hoping for 2. 18 total chemos is alot to do. three rounds of 6 each. forth round will start soon after my scan in feb. praying it doesnt do what the last chemical chemo did. thank you allfor praying for me. right now i feel this new chemo stuff has worked for most parts of my body. my lungs are feeling great& my liver hasnt increased in size, as for bone well have to wait for scan to see everything for sure. my sister is coming up for the test results this time. cant wait to see her. i will have ann & sis thier to hold my hands best too people i know of for the job and that i want by my side. love them dearly.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2013
12:38 AM

Post #9399727

Helena, I don;t know how I missed your pics from this morning. Can't wait to see the bloom that
goes with the beautiful blue bud.. Looks like it will be a beauty,
Stil enjoying your pretty Iris blooms too.

Still praying for your sis Debra.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
12:57 AM

Post #9399730

thanks Jackie,,, guess we can't sleep eh?
I love Helenas Iris too, I am just jealous LOL
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 28, 2013
6:22 AM

Post #9399884

Thanks Jackie and Debra. Praying for your sis too Debra. Love your gorgeous blooms too.

Both of my blooms started opening last night and ready for todays pictures. Jackie the iris is a deep purple color but my camera looks like wants to make them blue. I do like them.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2013
6:27 AM

Post #9399891

Love the blooms! I hate it when the camera changes the color!
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2013
10:48 AM

Post #9400236

Oh my gosh, I thought the blue bud went to the mg.lolol
Your MG bloom is a beauty and the Purple Iris is too.
Do you have a name on that lovely MG Helena??
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 28, 2013
11:52 AM

Post #9400306

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Nope, no name for the mg, just a no ID. Two more blooms on that vine are getting ready to open. Kind of thought it was similar to one Debra grew awhile back.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2013
12:01 PM

Post #9400314

Helena, yes it does look like the lovely mg Deb grww. Kinda pink with purple red on the edges.
I think she sent me a few sds of that one. Its a beauty and so is your vine. One of the 1st mg's I will
start this season. In the meantime, I need to pull some perennial sds out of Debras pkg and chill em for a while.
Not enough hours in the day to do everything,.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
6:14 PM

Post #9400668

Deb, saw your sister's post on facebook, thinking and praying for both of you {{{{{♥♥♥}}}}}
Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
6:54 PM

Post #9400719

I am so envious of you guys who live in the S. states because your outdoor plants are starting to flower now. Thank God, I do have my greenhouse that my DH so lovingly built for me about 15 years ago. It's attached to the house made of old storm windows & cement blocks. I run a propane heater in it & keep the temp to about 50 degrees in the winter, but when the sun is out, I can turn the heater off & it goes from 70-80 degrees & that is when I water it because I can stand to be out in it from 60 degrees on up. Right now, I have an orchid in bud and all the Mother of Thousands plants are blooming their heads off. Also, some Christmas cactus still blooming, and my caudexed plants are starting to come out of dormancy. I do so enjoy being able to grow my plants in the Mid Atlantic states in the deep dead of winter.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
7:05 PM

Post #9400730

Buttoneer, your green house sounds cozy..
Yep, that is one of my gorys I grew and sent seeds out of YAY! too bad I don't know a name sorry..
Had a kniolas black with a lavender throat blooming this am down in Charlies room, a red SOH, and a funny small duo colored one, I only got a pic of a couple, will down load in a minute, but wanted to thank all of you for being so patient, I sent out everyones seeds today. please let me know when they arrive as I didn't track them. sbish, ronnie, darrin, helena, lk, and jackie.. Ronnie your envelope looks crinkled cuz it got stuck more than once going thru the postage meter ( empty) but when you see it you will see why, the machine doesn't like the deep v flaps much..
Shut down the ebay store for a couple weeks until I get back from AR, sister called me and said she has all kinds of stuff blooming, but she didn't kniw what it all was, and I guess scoobie, her daughters bring home rescued dog, knocked down a plant stand and proceeded to eat what was in that planter, so waiting to hear if he gets sick.. so far he has eaten the back door off, the cable wires off the house, three metal lugs, and a ton of other stuff that she just finds pieces of on the ground. this dog is a puppy, but he is huge, a cross of pit bull and sharpe or however that is spelled, he is a sweetie but very big, sloopy wet kisses, and huge paws. He knocked her down this am and she cracked her elbow on the cement, but she says she is ok. I never had a dog to eat off the back door before.. have you guys?

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2013
7:58 PM

Post #9400804

Oh Debra, I has to laugh at ate puppy eating everything! Our new German Shepherd is a little over a year old, and she chews everything. The news papers, sofa pillows, but not the door.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
8:15 PM

Post #9400821

here is what was blooming this am, the Kniolas black didn't show up as dark as it is. dang it..

Buttoneer
Carlisle, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
8:17 PM

Post #9400822

My Fritzie is a 12 year old rat terrier and he has eaten a protonix (pill for GERD), one of my pills for a-fib and one of my Blood Pressure pills. He no longer is allowed in the kitchen after supper, until I take my pills & make sure none fell on the floor. The only thing he chews up is kleenex and leaves them in a conspicuous place where we can find them. He does this when he thinks he isn't getting enough attention.

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
8:20 PM

Post #9400827

awww I grew up with a rat terrior named spot.. my mom had one named ginger, she truly was a great mouser..
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2013
9:49 PM

Post #9400876

Debra, the light colored bloom is lovely but those dark colors are really striking.

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 28, 2013
9:57 PM

Post #9400878

Beautiful morning glories Debra!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
10:15 PM

Post #9400880

Thank you... I am seriously thinking of moving the tall shelves to the center of the rooms with tlights. still waiting for a true whole month of interrupted power to see how my bill is supposed to go down ..Joe isn't Gardening this year. He thinks it will be fruitless yet we still have at least ten bags of frozen green beans, and we finished off the gold potatoes just a month or so ago, anyway, we will see.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 28, 2013
10:49 PM

Post #9400889

I'm fearful the economy is going to get so bad, we will all wish we were growing our own groceries.
So hopefully Joe will change his mind
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 29, 2013
3:25 AM

Post #9400946

Would absolutely LOVE to get up every morning to such beautiful blooms!! What a way to bring a smile to your face when you really just want to go back to bed!!!

Pics below are my husbands "summer stress reliever" in progress!! He does the veggies , I do the flowers!! And the 4 boys help out where ever needed at the time!!! LOVE IT!!

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5      

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
5:41 AM

Post #9401015

that is a great garden plot! love it. ours is about the same size, and I bet Joe will change his mind if we get some rain.. here is hoping, I am still planting tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and cukes and squash. He just does the whole patch first in beans and taters, then when those come out i get the patch for my stuff.
we did a single row of beets last year, it was great.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 29, 2013
5:55 AM

Post #9401036

Yea, he loves his garden!! As early things get done he puts in different things also! Loves to test out new things & that was just the beginning of his garden --it grew a little larger by the time he was done!! Below are some of his goodies he grew!

All pretty much self explanatory--last one is red potatoes starting to flower!

Can't wait for the "robin" to land here to see what new veggies might be in there for them to try!!!

This message was edited Jan 29, 2013 9:56 AM

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 29, 2013
5:59 AM

Post #9401047

here are a few more of his "yummies" he planted!

Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5   Thumbnail by sbish5

sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 29, 2013
6:05 AM

Post #9401056

This is our youngest sons' (13) mini garden!! He has his own small space that he does a garden in!! He picks everything that goes in it each year and has to take care of it!! Sometimes things don't go so well together in his space -- but that would be why we call it his "trial & error" garden!!! He loves it!!

The corn in his garden is popcorn!!

Looking forward to seeing what might be in the "robin" for him to try in his garden!!

This message was edited Jan 29, 2013 10:07 AM

Thumbnail by sbish5

taters55

taters55
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX
(Zone 9a)

January 29, 2013
6:16 AM

Post #9401078

I am so envious of that rich black soil! I would give anything to have dirt like you ladies do!
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 29, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9401087

All of our gardens , veggie & flower, are a mixture of screened top soil & compost (purchased from city) because our whole yard is bricks & rocks about two inches under the grass!! Only spot we haven't had to "modify" so far has been way in the back by the back fence!! LOTS of work when initially starting new gardens around here!!
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 29, 2013
9:10 AM

Post #9401259

Beautiful blooms Debra.

Great gardening pictures too.

Another bloom on my mg, don't know why the pic seems faded and another irus 2 toned deep purple. Much better in person.

patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 29, 2013
11:56 AM

Post #9401404

Beautiful bloooms Helena, thanks for sharing with us.

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
5:17 PM

Post #9401896

Love seeing the blooms Debra and Helena!

sbish nice looking garden plot, I so not a veggie gardener, a tomato or to is about it. My neighbors do a huge one so I just pick from theirs. We do have a grape vine and tons of grapes come August. can't even give them all away. The Mockingbirds and Catbirds love them.

Our late Atticus ate a sofa or two and Abby our bulldog ate quite a few leather boots. Winston our new Dane loves any kind of pillow or blanket, so far he has stayed away from the couch! Luckily our doors have been safe!

joeswife

joeswife
(Debra) Derby, KS
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
7:48 PM

Post #9402075

love the blooms Helena, I really like iris, I just started growing them a couple years ago.. can't believe yours are blooming now..
helenahkh
Gautier, MS

January 30, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9402371

Thanks Jackie, Ronnie and Debra. I'm surprised by the iris blooming too but I guess cause I planted them right after I bought them from Lowes and had them in the gh. But the yellow one outside is the real surprise having the weather warm cold and warm every couple of days, confused it. Wish my other ones outside would bloom too, guess maybe in the spring.

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013 8:47 AM

Domehomedee

Domehomedee
Arroyo Grande, CA
(Zone 9a)

January 30, 2013
10:20 AM

Post #9402563

I had a bunch of brazilian morning glories germinate yesterday. Are the plants a lot larger than other ipomoea nil? They certainly were interesting looking fuzzy seeds.
sbish5
Saginaw, MI

January 30, 2013
10:35 AM

Post #9402582

BRAZILIAN morning glories??? What do they look like and where might others find them??? See what you started !!!!

luvsgrtdanes

luvsgrtdanes
(Ronnie), PA
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2013
10:53 AM

Post #9402612

Dee I haven't grown them in a while but they were much larger than Nil, very viny. I loved the flower but if I wasn't out very early to see them I'd miss them. By mid morning they were done.
patootie
Jacksonville, AR
(Zone 7b)

January 30, 2013
12:29 PM

Post #9402719

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296170

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Morning Glories Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wild Morning Glory. poppysue 12 Feb 9, 2012 10:32 PM
Help! Teens making MG tea. ? getting high! help mingsmimi 5 Jul 18, 2009 4:33 PM
Now ain't that purdy?! (Morning Glory pic) Seedsower 48 Mar 9, 2007 10:29 AM
Ipomoea Seeds 101 QueenB 27 Nov 19, 2008 1:03 PM
Wild Potato Vine - Need help with pollenation KevinTernes 22 Aug 22, 2007 10:39 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America