Anyone in the VOTS want a free 5-gal A. guiengola?

Fountain Hills, AZ(Zone 9b)

Come and get it quick!

Mesa, AZ(Zone 9b)

Hi GermanStar,

I only just noticed your post, I am driving back from Davis, CA today, after helping a friend move there over the last few days. Almost home...

Is the plant still available?
If yes, I am definitely interested and can offer some A. weberi pups in return. They are not 5-gal. size yet, more like 1-gal. and I also have not really had time to see how they came through the freeze from last weekend, but there are plenty of them if you are interested.

A. weberi pups? You're funny! I just unloaded a couple of big A. weberi's over the past couple weeks. You want it? It's yours, you'll need to come n' get it this week sometime.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Mine didn't last more than a couple of weeks when it left the nursery to come home. I killed the pups by removing them too soon I guess, and that scarred the mother and rotted her away. I decided than that I don't like the color much and wouldn't have even purchased it if I had known how brittle it was. So never again. Xuling

I like the color fine.

Thumbnail by GermanStar
Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

mine was variegated and a much lighter green.

Yours is what they call A. guiengola 'Creme Brulee'. I'm not as big a fan of variegates as some, and prefer the plain Jane version pictured. Both are tender, but 'Creme Brulee' may be even more tender than A. attenuata. It's an almost unmanageably delicate plant, as you discovered the hard way.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Boy, did I ever. And will never get another. I give all my plants one chance and if they fail to survive due to themselves then never again. If they fail to survive because of me then it is a tossup if I really liked the plant enough to get another. I am one of those that really likes the variegated forms as well as the pure color plants. Xuling

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

What is VOTS? Luciee {;^)

Valley of the Sun.

Plant is gone, btw!

Hanceville, AL(Zone 7a)

thanks!! luciee

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.