Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Recipes: Good garden cookbook?

Communities > Forums > Recipes
bookmark
Forum: RecipesReplies: 4, Views: 101
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
volleypc
Tupelo, MS

January 21, 2013
7:41 AM

Post #9392230

I got into gardening a couple years ago but mainly make salads or eat raw veggies from garden. I am looking for a simple garden cookbook this year. Simple easy recipes...
mainly herbs and veggies.
MaypopLaurel
Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA
(Zone 7b)

January 21, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9392726

Look at this one. http://www.amazon.com/Jamie-Home-Cook-Your-Good/dp/1401322425 I don't own it but he is one of the best chefs I've ever seen in action. If you don't know of him Google and watch some of his You Tube posts. His down to earth approach went plain earthy a number of years ago. He now represents a kitchen garden to table philosophy. He appears on his self produced shows every few years and then disappears to write, lecture and teach. He is very into fixing the food crisis in school systems here and abroad.

I like to look at Half.com prices on used. I've never been disappointed with the quality of what's shipped.

greenhouse_gal

greenhouse_gal
Southern NJ
United States
(Zone 7a)

February 18, 2013
4:49 AM

Post #9422689

Georgeann Brennan has an excellent cookbook called "Potager: Fresh Garden Cooking in the French Style"
http://www.amazon.com/Potager-Fresh-Garden-Cooking-French/dp/0811830411/ref=sr_1_sc_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1361191417&sr=1-3-spell&keywords=Georgeanne+Brenna that I own and that's quite inspirational. The reviews on the Jamie Oliver book are rather mixed and many talk about the need for an unusually extensive home garden to make his recipes. Brennan's are a lot simpler.
BARHARBOR
Bar Harbor, ME

March 16, 2014
5:08 PM

Post #9790997

Tender by Nigel Slater
SusanKC
Shawnee Mission, KS
(Zone 6a)

March 17, 2014
8:14 AM

Post #9791464

Rolling Prairie Cookbook: Over 130 Recipes Celebrating Fresh Produce by Nancy O'Connor

A local farmer's CSA asked her to write a cookbook for them that was based on produce so that their clients would know what to do with the items they were getting with their CSA subscription. The recipes are broken down into fruits and veggie categories. They are easy to make. We have a copy of the cookbook and use it. We also know the author as she is the director of education outreach at a local college town food co-op. Looks like you can get a used copy cheap from Amazon.

Some other places I like to go to find recipes are Organic Gardening Magazine web page and Eating Well web site.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Recipes Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Banana Split Cake / Personal Pizzas Gayl 1 Aug 14, 2012 9:18 AM
Recipes of ALL the USA States gardendragon 102 Jul 20, 2011 5:26 AM
Crescent Lasagna Nebraska_Jewel 3 Aug 22, 2011 6:35 PM
S.Louisiana Dirty Rice justmeLisa 68 Oct 6, 2010 7:51 PM
Just for GardenDragon Brook 6 Aug 18, 2012 2:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America