Blanket chest # 24

Englewood, FL

My youngest daughter loves purple & wanted a bench for the end of her bed,I was was able to find seat upholstery with dragon flies on it, another favorite of hers.

Thumbnail by ifantail
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

Thats really pretty ....

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

pretty

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

do you have a site or a link to all your wonderful benches? Thanks

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

You make the benches too? Better yet. Great job!

Englewood, FL

David, I can't take credit for the back, it's a reworked twin bed head board,I did fabricate the bench & upholster the seat.

Englewood, FL

Kobwebz,websites are beyond my computer expertise, I'm just a re-purposer, I just have a folder full of my junk in "My Pictures" {:o(

This message was edited Jan 23, 2013 9:53 AM

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

Better yet... Thanks for telling us about the headboard! Great T2T!

columbia, TN(Zone 7a)

Ifantaial, sending you a d- mail

This message was edited Jan 23, 2013 8:12 PM

Clermont, FL(Zone 9a)

Ever since you showed your first bed bench conversion I have been looking for an old metal bed. Husb. was a welder so if thats needed we could do it. I love the victorian look to a bench made from metal bed.

If you eve come across one let me know please. I am in Clermont and I don't think thats a world away from you.

Bonnie

Englewood, FL

good idea Bonnie, I never thought of using a metal headboard, I've picked up a lot of them in the past & used them as decor along my fence, too rusty to use them now.

This message was edited Jan 24, 2013 12:23 AM

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

It looks great! Does it have storage?

Newark, DE

Bonnie;

Yes you can make some lovely benches from headboards and some incorporate the footboards too, including metal. Lots of good ideas here and by all means go to the home pages and check out all the tabs, this link is to the benchs - awesome ones!

http://www.robomargo.com/bench.html

Englewood, FL

WelcomeGnome, yes, the padded seat is hinged.

Montgomery, AL(Zone 8a)

I assumed but you never know. Lol.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images