Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Garden Showcase: Problem with order

Communities > Forums > Garden Showcase
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShowcaseReplies: 15, Views: 161
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

January 22, 2013
3:07 PM

Post #9393965

I uploaded a series of photos showing progress from start to finish of a backyard project. When I looked at it several weeks later, it was all out of order and made no sense. Any idea why that would have happened? I've started dragging things to their proper place, but kind of gave up - feels like re-doing all the work and I've lost my ambition to finish. I may just delete the album if I can figure out how to do that. Thanks. Good idea but perhaps not for me.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
7:13 AM

Post #9395824

So far no reply to this query, and I also noticed you have chosen to censor (delete) another post which I found interesting if a bit uncomplimentary to DG. Short sighted in my mind. Please advise how I can delete my messed up 'Garden Showcase' which at the moment is more of a 'Garden Makes-No-Sense' - I've tried poking around to delete it myself but am unable to figure that out. I'd rather not have it in there out of order, and don't have the energy to re-enter everything or I guess manually move the images around. Thanks.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2013
8:41 AM

Post #9395931

You can just drag the items wherever you want them. I've moved my images around within my showcase albums. The image you want to show the public is the 'cover' select that, and that image will be the first image in the group. After that, just click and hold your mouse and pull the other images wherever you want them to go. If you don't want to manually move them, once you open up the edit feature, there's an option to delete the album in the right corner.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
8:52 AM

Post #9395951

Thanks, I will opt for delete. I had them all in the order I wanted them in to begin with (at least I added each photo in the proper sequential order) and it is simply too time consuming to go back and redo the whole thing. It took a fair amount of time the first go-round.
bonehead
Cedarhome, WA
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
8:54 AM

Post #9395952

Successfully deleted. Good luck with this feature.
Seedfork
Enterprise, AL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013
3:06 PM

Post #9404044

I did move the images after I entered them into a new order, then saved the album. When I opened the album up again ,they were all out of order again. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I wouldn't think so.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

February 1, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9404618

No, it should save your order.
mygardens
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
(Zone 6b)

June 3, 2013
6:35 PM

Post #9545234

Seedfork wrote:I did move the images after I entered them into a new order, then saved the album. When I opened the album up again ,they were all out of order again. Is this the way it is supposed to work? I wouldn't think so.

Seedfork - the same thing is happening to me. I just started an album a few days ago. I want to show photos starting from springtime to winter. After I organize them and save the new order, every time I come back the photos are again in a random order. I hope someone responds to this problem.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2013
8:17 AM

Post #9545897

I'll let the tech team know that there's a problem with ordering the images and get them to look into the issue.
mygardens
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
(Zone 6b)

June 4, 2013
1:26 PM

Post #9546198

Thanks melody. I won't upload too many more photos until the problem is fixed because as bonehead said, it is frustrating and time consuming to keep putting them in order when you have a lot of photos.

This message was edited Jun 4, 2013 8:03 PM

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2013
1:28 PM

Post #9546201

I'm hoping that they can get things working quickly! We love seeing the new albums!

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

June 4, 2013
1:45 PM

Post #9546226

Oh yeah, it isn't working for me either...I just tried it with my albums...so it isn't just you.
mygardens
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
(Zone 6b)

June 30, 2013
11:33 AM

Post #9580216

The problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks.
mygardens
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 31, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9646679

Out of order again! Please fix. It takes too much time to go over it and reorganize it again although now I have numbered the photos and it takes less time but still not necessary.

This message was edited Aug 31, 2013 7:57 PM

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 18, 2013
1:43 PM

Post #9663340

What browsers are you using?
I'm using Firefox and it is working for me.
mygardens
Croton-on-Hudson, NY
(Zone 6b)

September 22, 2013
4:09 PM

Post #9667342

Hi Melody,

I'm on a Mac and am using Safari 5.1.9. I just tried it on Firefox and the photos are still jumbled. If you look at my photos, I have numbered them just in case this did happen again as it has. You can see the numbers are out of order. I'm not sure what to do now as I don't want to keep reorganizing them every time I add another photo. Thanks for following this up.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Showcase Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introducing Garden Showcase! alisonrose 28 Jan 24, 2013 9:24 AM
"new garden showcase" louisdesena 4 Mar 14, 2014 2:32 PM
Garden Showcase lbgardens 2 Feb 12, 2013 2:44 PM
I think this is a genious and fun new forum... DavidofDeLand 1 Jan 22, 2013 10:37 AM
Great! now, how do I find a specific user's garden sallyg 6 Jan 24, 2013 2:07 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America