Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Spring bulbs

IJAMSVILLE, MD(Zone 7a)

Is anyone else beginning to see leaves of their spring bulbs?My poets narcissus,snow crocus,and iris reticulate are showing their leaves in the frigid air?I'm here near Monrovia.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Hi. Me too. I have a few various daffodils poking up. Some old fashioned doubles are showing buds and lots of leaf tips. I know they weren't expecting THIS kind of cold!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 7a)

Actually, my crocuses have been *blooming* for a little over a week now. I imagine they're now all frozen over.

The narcissus leaves have been growing for quite some time now. I think they'll be okay. Thank goodness they weren't blooming yet.

IJAMSVILLE, MD(Zone 7a)

I planted soooo many bulbs ,but forgot to fertilize.I had 2 trees cut down by the county(too close to road).So I have more gardens to plan out.I have MS,so I feel like I'm on borrowed time.I walk pretty okay,an occasional stumble,but I can deal.I love gardening,can't wait to see what comes up this spring.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

these early signs of spring really energize me when the weather is cold!

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Sos07: Glad to see you posting. I wouldn't worry about not fertilizing -- bulbs are pretty tough. You can fertilize when the bulbs first start showing signs of life in the spring....

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.