Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Repeat performance for ID?

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

It seems to me that I have posted this plant before requesting ID and was never satisfied (I wished it to be a bougainville) or clear due to too many different names being tossed out. I won't tell at this point what I have it listed under, because I am sure that it is wrong. Maybe I do have some plant purchase records I could check out if they are still floating around. This is one of my oldest cactus. It took it years to really take root. Any ideas mis amigos? Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling
Fountain Hills, AZ(Zone 9b)

It's a hybrid, possibly A. nickelsiae x A. lechuguilla or some such.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Thanks GermanStar. Now I have to find my old purchase invoices if possible. Xuling

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Definitively this is an Agave triangularis. Don't you love that arrogance!! Anyway I found photos on line that match perfectly photos of this plant when it was young. It was purchased in June 2008 but Yucca Do no longer sells it. Now grab your botany name gun and shoot me down with the correct name ja ja ja Xuling

Fountain Hills, AZ(Zone 9b)

Yeah, you're probably right. I have one and it looks a bit different but they're really variable.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

they are both variable and crazy (or the owners are anyway!) xuling

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.