Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Pets: Wow! Number 374! HWYD

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 251, Views: 1,092
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2013
8:24 AM

Post #9395908

We are either very long winded or we really enjoy each others company. LOL So grab a chair and a drink(any kind) and sit and chat awhile. We enjoy new faces so please join us for a chat or 2.

Thumbnail by ves522
Click the image for an enlarged view.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9395916

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1293649/
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 24, 2013
8:38 AM

Post #9395926

Found ya! Thanks Vicki, ya we were getting a little long there but not in the tooth!!

Warmed up to a balmy -26*F, I am in heaven. lol Still mighty cold walking the dogs. I noticed Quill wasn't quite as anxious to get back in this morning but sure didn't need a second call. Last night when I had them out she ran to the nearest door, never mind that she never goes out that one... it led to the house and warmth. Diesel kept looking at her like are you nuts we don't go in there.

Bonnie once I stoke the fire I bundle up and walk the dogs. No point in waiting to warm up before I go outside to freeze. I managed to stay under the ever so warm quilts until 6:30 this morning. That was heaven! While the sleeping meds aren't giving me the length of sleep the doc had hoped most nights I can get 4 - 6 hours so I am estatic.

Escape is in getting new tires. I decided just to go with a good quality all season which is all we have ever had rather than investing in 4 new snow/ice tires and rims and then 4 new all season in the Spring.

How are the chicks doing Tam? I love the sounds of the beam you are keeping. What character it adds to your home I am sure.

Congrats Elsie!! You are a geek now - you got your TV working. Good for you. My eyes sort of glaze over when faced with a task such as that.

When I went out his morning I stopped to pick up the mail. The darn dental insurance company now wants the xrays for the tooth doc pulled before they decide whether to cover their 80% of the $1650.00 charge. Geesh! They have had this claim since before Christmas and are just now getting to review it. Of course it couldn't arrive before I went into Kingston to see Doc on Tues. Now I will have to make a special trip in to get the xrays to mail on to the company. Maybe I will just mail the form into the dentist and save me a trip.

Stay warm everyone. And keep that snow Debbie!!!

Dianne

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 24, 2013
8:55 AM

Post #9395953

Doing a cooking marathon. This soft food is the pits. Made a pot of potatoes and carrots. Cooked some green beans and broccoli. Separately. HAve some cabbage cooking. Will add mashed potaotes and carrots to each vegie. Makes pretty tasty side dishes. Plus made dumplings to go with the last of the pork and have some dressing cooking. Gotta go turn it. Don't want it to burn!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9396032

Well, I got a call from a neighbor at the church saying the door to the church was standing wide open. Don't like to investigate something like that by myself, but DH is gone, so took my pistol and headed over to the church. Thought while I was on the way that it sure would be bad to have to shoot somebody inside the church. Not a thing wrong, so evidently the last person out on Sunday didn't really close the door tightly, locked, but not given a hard enough slam to engage the lock!

Then while I was out ran on to the vet to get the flea and worm meds. Holy cow, 1 pill each for Mr. B and Casper for the fleas and 1 each for the worm meds, and it comes to $22.50 per dog. But it is necessary, so will be dosing them at supper time. They both have already eaten this morning, and it needs to be taken with food.

Still working on the house, but about done.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2013
10:49 AM

Post #9396142

I am here..not much going on. My party isn't until March (the day before my birthday) Corky's too, he will be 5 years old.
The weather has been nice the last couple of days..I got broccoli and spinach plants...and red onions and seed potatoes (Yukon Gold) I need to decide where to put them and I also want to plant some radishes and lettuce.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 24, 2013
12:32 PM

Post #9396259

Rainstorm here tonight and snowstorm coming tomorrow!!! I'm not so happy about this!

BonnieB, wow, I thought there were some real thives at your church..thank God it wasn't the case!

Debbie, what a beautiful view with all that snow! Is it stopped yet? I hope you can get a good treatment got your legs and back. Andreea has set the date, it's on February 23 at 2 p.m.

Bonnie, do you have a new haircolor? So cool to find a "treasure" and the keys in your purse! The pups are OK, just came from them. They're all inside their doghouses hiding from the rain and wind. I managed to fix the houses, but I ruined one which wasn't so well done... it wasn't necessary anymore after I lost Gavrila.

Sandy, I hope they can fix your knee so it won't hurt anymore.

Vicki, good to hear your mouth is OK.

Waving to all! I think I'm going to bed early tonight.

Adina

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 24, 2013
5:13 PM

Post #9396554

Adina - I missed that you lost Gavrila! When was that? I'm so sorry. Those dogs are lucky you take such good care of them!

Vicki & Sandy - thanks for the new thread. Can you tolerate the cold of a milkshake or smoothie? I hope it heals up quick so you don't have to go soft for very long!

Dianne - I have not seen the chicks since this morning. Will have to look in on them tomorrow.

Melva - yukon gold are my fav potato!

Debbie - I hope you find a way to get a room not w/your in-laws. I sure hope the doctors have solutions for you.

Its a bit warmer here. No snow. Whew! Got my hair cut, looked at appliances and learned about the flower show. They've got some good improvements for this year - huge donation for a better horticulture court (where folks bring in all sorts of plants for a competition. One of my favorite parts of the show). They'll have new plants being introduced too.

Tam

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 24, 2013
5:22 PM

Post #9396561

Vicki -- WooF to Ty. he's so handsome.

Debbie -- holy cow, you have a lot of snow. I think our area still does not have any snow.

We drove to the beach today, it was a great day.. we went to the Light house at Ponce Inlet, Sue and I climbed the steps. the guy sat outside. then walked the beach for quite some time... we saw baby sting rays frolicking in the water... they were so cute.

then headed to NSB to have more shrimp at Norwoods. [DH and I went there twice last week] then drove up NSB Beach, and walked some more, then drove home. It was a long day.

tomorrow is repacking for the cruise and hanging out at the pool and the such... nice lazy day.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 24, 2013
5:30 PM

Post #9396571

Tammy when i built my Sandestin home in 2001, I believe Dacor was new on the market. At that time is was priced well below the big boys like Wolf and Viking. Guess they have stepped up their prices. I believe I had a Kitchen Aide down draft gas cooktop because they were the first to offer the down draft exhaust system and I had a Boesh (sp) dishwasher because it was sooooo quiet. Linda worked another 7 hours here today. Everything pertaining to business is 100% up to date. I have a couple of piles to go through for decision making. The upstairs cabinets are emptied and bins are filled and ready for Wayne to carry down when he arrives. She also emptied the linen closet in my bathroom and a four draw chest in the living room. The only items left behind are those few that I want to take to the condo when my house sells. I am on a drunken high knowing that my entire house will be this streamlined when the movers begin packing me up.

Ah, yes, Dianne - quilts. I forget about them. Not much use for them in my parts of TX and FL. I enjoyed similar mornings on Orcas Island back in July of last year. That bed was soooo yummy.

Adina my hair color is the same. Just fresh and shorter. I got a really bad haircut from the hairdresser at the assisted living salon right before Christmas. The fact that I have curly hair was the only thing
that saved me.

Hey Melva, thanks for checking in. Hope you can get your garden planned soon.

Moe is coming at 8:15 tonight. Poor man he sounded exhausted over the phone. Yesterday I convinced him that I could turn off the pump and get out of the sleeves on my legs on my own so he could go home and not have to sit here with me for two hours. Edith comes with him almost every day, too. I told him Wayne could help me get hooked up after Saturday so Moe is going to come give Wayne a lesson. Am I lucky or what? I'll have two old men playing with my legs.

I made a lot of phone calls today including setting up an appointment for DM to go to an audiologist next Tuesday who carries her brand of hearing aid. The ALF will transport her and send an aid along with her. Arranged to have the new housing for my generator installed on 2/1. Scheduled a repair call for my clothes dryer on 1/30. I am knocking the "H" out of my to-do list. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, it feels good.

Have to go pick up a few things and arrange all the things I will need around me while tethered to the pump for two hours.

BBL,
Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 24, 2013
5:55 PM

Post #9396607

Oh has any seen where I left my brain???? I get to playing around on this stupid thing and looked up and it was 1:55pm---I gasped, my appointment today was 2:00pm/ I called and told them I had fallen asleep(ME BAD) and could I still come in for my pre surgery appointment, they said yes and I flow. Only took me 15 minutes to get to their parking lot and almost that long to walk in. I still have to go back tomorrow for a xray.

Going to go back to playing.

good night everyone

sandy and andre
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
6:39 PM

Post #9396664

Bad, bad Sandy. I am glad that they let you come on in. Here, they would have already been making out the bill for the missed appointment without notice!

Bonnie, I am so envious of you getting so much done. Can you send that lady up to me when you are done with her? he he sounds like she is super organized. I like a take charge person.

Tammy, I promised I would post a picture of my new do, but it was a horrid horrid style. I can't do it myself, and danged if I am going to get it styled every day. She insisted on leaving it long, and then the back sort of spiked upward. Well, I told DH that it was sort of what I looked like when I got up in the mornings, before taking a comb to it! Matter of fact, I am calling tomorrow for another appointment to get it cut short like I normally wear it. DH likes it longer, but told him that unless he was willing to get up and style it for me each morning, then I will wear it like I want it. Older women don't need longer hair anyway.

Vicki, that Ty is a handsome dude!

Casper hadn't come to be let in tonight, so I opened the door and yelled for him, and before I could almost close the front door he was at the back door. He sometimes camps out in the garage with another dog, so guess that is where he was. We are having problems keeping the drinking water from freezing, so have to check it several times a day, and my bad, I forgot this afternoon, and when I let him in and gave him food and water, he drank more than he ate. Poor baby.

Melva, that's right about your birthday being in March. I guess my brain has more holes in it than what I thought. Have you settled on a recipe for that cake? Oh, I surely wish I could be starting seeds, and planting some things.

Terese, your outings sound like so much fun. I think we had almost decided not to go to Florida, but I talked to my DTS tonight, and she is really wanting us to come and see their new house. Gonna go look at air fares, they are probably cheaper than driving and buying the gas anyway.

Dianne, wow, sounds like you had a heat wave from what it had been. I am glad that you have the wood heat with temps like that. Many years ago we burned wood, and oh, my it was warm heat, and to the point if we went someplace else with a different type of heat, we would just about freeze. Oh, I would love to see your quilts. I love them. For about 20 years, DH had an aunt who quilted all the time, and that was my christmas gift from her every year, a quilt. I have about 10 out and on beds, and on quilt racks, with another 15-20 in a cedar chest. I rotate them from time to time so that they will all wear about the same. I couldn't have asked for a better gift than that, and I would have been satisfied with 1 every 5 years. But as she got older, that is all she did sat an quilted all day every day.

Debbie, you have been quiet today, everything all right?

Well, our weather liars are saying that by dawn tomorrow we are supposed to have freezing rain turning to snow. I don't have anything planned, but am just curious how accurate this weather prediction will be. they miss it about 50% of the time. It has been cold the last few days. In the teens at night, so our furnace has been getting a good work out.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 24, 2013
7:21 PM

Post #9396729

BonnieB i had an off sorts day, and pretty much verbally gave it to DH...definitely not dear!!

Then had a tiny visitor, baby Kylie and Brittany stopped by.

Will write more in a bit, am on my Nook.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
7:24 PM

Post #9396730

So one of those days huh? DH and I have a very loud talk the other night. (my description for an argument) and he has been nicer since then. Does it work for you like that?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 24, 2013
7:42 PM

Post #9396760

Oh BonnieB, my DH does not talk...or loudly discuss at all. That is part of the problem. I attempt to have a conversation, but I get no feed back.
It is all one way.

I wait, let him think and then ask "What is the situation?" He rubs his eyebrows and "I just don't know". It has been this way for 23 years and
honest, I am at the end of my rope.

We started setting this appointment up in the fall, and now suddenly, it is all about his parents and his Dad going down. I am not making light of his
Dads situation...it is VERY serious and YES he needs to have surgery at Cleveland. BUT...DH has six brothers and sisters, and now it is all about us
doing everything ...transporting both ways, for my appointments and his Dads...and extending our stay to also bring them back.

I know my limits in life...and living under the roof with his parents, his sister and her family...and me being poked and prodded with tests, is just not
going to end well. I feel so so selfish...but I know my limits. DH's sisters husband...My brother in law (whom we are staying with) just had hip replacement
surgery. Then, there are the MIL/FIL's...both health issues...and then DH and I. And there is ONE bathroom in the house. This doesn't even count for if
their daughter is home from college.

I told DH to go ahead, take his parents and let me drive myself...and I can stay at a hotel near the hospital. I would be much better. AND...his brother Dan called. He wants DH & another brother Tim to transform the bathroom at the MIL/FILs to accommodate the washer dryer over the next two weeks so they don't have to
do the basement to do laundry. YES it needs done...but DH won't say NO that we have other obligations...that we don't have the money because of the Cleveland expenses & doctor visits. AND...we were told "since your taking Deb down, Mom and dad can just leave three days early and ride with you.

And then...I had a melt down. He is making me out to be a witch...which I feel like...but honestly!!

AND Dh will not put in any input so I don't know where he stands and what he wants to do. Sorry...venting!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 24, 2013
7:43 PM

Post #9396761

Just after my last post I got up and started to straighten up around here. I carried a couple pairs of shoes to my closet tidied up a few papers on the kitchen counter and started unloading the dishwasher. Next thing I know Moe is at the door - early. So I dropped everything and retired to the recliner where I have been for a little over an hour. My time is up at 9:50.

BonnieB it is always such a disappointment to get your hair done and then not like it. Hope the weather doesn't prevent you from returning tomorrow for a better cut.

Oh Sandy, you are beginning to sound like me. Glad they were able to take you today anyway.

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 24, 2013
7:44 PM

Post #9396762

AND...that means I will have to leave Izzy in the kennel for an additional 3 or 4 days. Not only more $$ but stress because I don't know
what is going on at home with the kitties...and not so dear...son.

Shannon will be here..but...not responsible.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2013
7:51 PM

Post #9396770

Debbie, putting you in my prayers. God changes things, so lets just ask for an alternate arrangement, and I am sure that it will happen one way or another. But you have to believe with me. Going to bed right now to have my prayers, so just think positive thoughts tonight.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 24, 2013
7:54 PM

Post #9396773

BonnieB, thank you...I am thinking I should just reschedule my appointment ...but it will be probably March or April now to get in.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 24, 2013
8:36 PM

Post #9396818

I haven't picked a recipe yet. I am not sure how many people are coming so I will have an idea how large the cake needs to be and how much other food to have. I don't want a lot of left overs.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 25, 2013
4:28 AM

Post #9396924

Good morning everyone

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2013
5:28 AM

Post #9396946

Good morning. The dire warnings of sleet freezing rain and snow hasn't happened yet. It is overcast, so maybe some bad weather will develop.

DH wants to go to Louisville this afternoon to spend some of his Christmas gift cards, so if the weather cooperates, we will.

Debbie, can you find out if they have a Ronald McDonald house or something similar there? Maybe that is the route to go.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2013
6:05 AM

Post #9397038

Good Morning

Quick post 'cause I don't have much time.

BonnieB - definitely a good idea to get your cut fixed. I got a good chuckle out of the description of it looking like it does when you wake up. I laugh at mine almost every day and am just so thankful it settles down!

Debbie - Oh man! Wish you could just get that man to say no. And make this your trip alone. Do not reschedule. See if he can get his dad to reschedule explaining there will be more time for him if separate from your trip. Good luck!

Running...
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 25, 2013
6:29 AM

Post #9397048

Tam, his dad can't reschedule. He is having much needed surgery on his neck, and apparently it is so bad they moved his appointment from Feb. 21 to Feb. 13 for the surgery. His Dad needs this surgery and honestly should be #1 priority. They said if he were to fall he could be paralyzed, there is compression of nerves in his neck with spine/vertebrae and he has to have a plate and screws put in.

Paul wrote the SIL a note last night and she said "We have arranged for you to stay at Josh's house" Who is DH's nephew. I am going to think about this entire situation and options today.

Thanks so very much for your input
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 25, 2013
6:43 AM

Post #9397065

Debbie I need to dash out to do something but I wanted to put my 2 cents in DO NOT RESCHEDULE your appointment!!! You are important too and if Paul isn't going to commit himself then you are going to have to. What does it matter what they think of you - your health is important too. I understand Paul's FIL's surgery is vitally important but for heaven's sake so is your health. You do what YOU need to do to takea care of yourself and if that means staying at a hotel then do so. We are all here for you and will support you no matter what decision you make on accomodations and travel. Give that Miss Izzy a hug from me. I wish I was closer I would take her while you were away. She and Diesel would have a blast out in the fields.

Gotta scram, can't be late. Lateer gators!
Dianne

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2013
7:42 AM

Post #9397116

Ditto what Dianne said to Debbie!
Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2013
8:03 AM

Post #9397137

Debbie, I agree, if it means going by yourself, staying in a hotel, you need to just put the big girl panties on and do it. I would take Miss Izzy in a NY minute, and I bet that she could find one of the dogs here a good playmate. Sending more prayers, and hugs.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 25, 2013
11:24 AM

Post #9397274

Meant to get on here today but the day went somewhere fast! Maybe tomorrow?

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2013
2:00 PM

Post #9397473

Vicki - we're gonna have a long day tomorrow if you are right! Since its Sat & I have the day off, that's fine by me!

We've got our first snow of the new year. Just a dusting. Its still bitterly cold. I opened the barn this morning (around 10am to allow it to "warm up"). Mistake. Instead of being around 42degF in teh barn, it got down to 28degF and the water pipe in teh center froze. I shut it up after making sure all the crew was in, around 3:30pm. I hope it goes back up to the 40's in there and the pipe unfreezes before it bursts. Ugh.

All the chicks seem fine.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2013
6:06 PM

Post #9397678

Well, DH and I went to Louisville this afternoon, ate at Red Lobster then went shopping. I knew that my back and legs were hurting, but had to sit and let DH go into the stores to shop. This is the first time that has ever happened to me. I just was disappointed that the pain was that bad that I couldn't manage. The only thing that I could think of was that my DM had arthritis so bad that it was torture for her to walk and get around. At one point, I sat there and cried because I felt that this was so similar to DM's situation and I knew that it limited her so much, and now even as much as I wished, and as much as I had prayed that I wouldn't be like that, it had happened.

I don't think that DH realizes how each day is just a concerted effort for me to even be able to do anything in the house except sit and do something from the chair. Sometimes it is a weather front that is moving in that sets it off, and I am sure that is probably what it is, and that it will get better, but today really bummed me out. I don't want to end up being limited or an invalid like she was.

Tammy, sure hope that the water pipe thaws without bursting. What? you mean you haven't had snow yet this season? Well, I could have sent you some of ours, although it hasn't been much. Sure hope the little ones are able to survive the cold.

Vicki, gosh, you must have been doing something interesting to not have made time to get here. Miss you, so check in when you can and let us know how you are.

Debbie, any progress with your situation? You have been in my thoughts today.

I called and made an appointment to get my hair cut tomorrow. I explained that I didn't like it, and wasn't able to style it (although it doesn't take much talent to style it) told her it wasn't her fault, etc, etc, and have an appointment for 3:00 tomorrow afternoon. She told me last week when I was in that she wanted to talk to me, and there was another lady that she didn't want to talk in front of, so today on the phone, she said that she really needed to talk, and hoped that it would be possible tomorrow, and no one would be around. She has my curiosity roused. She just got her Medical Assistant degree and is working mornings in a Dr's office, and then still taking customers in her beauty shop. She is a single mother, and I know that she has it hard.

Finally got Mr. B's pills down him tonight. He perked up, ate twice since I have been home and has been wanting to play fetch, which we have done several times. Don't know what this is all about, as he is usually so lazy.

Talked to my DTS last night, and she is still wanting us to come down. Don't know, as it is hard to find someone who will come feed the horses, feed DH's hunting dogs, and take care of Mr. B. If we go, I am not even going to think about taking him. I am hoping that my DS will be able to stay here and do all of the feeding, but I haven't approached him about it.

Off to look at another site, then some reading and then I am off to bed.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 25, 2013
6:23 PM

Post #9397691

((((((( BonnieB ))))))))) Don't give up. I suggest you talk to a physical therapist. There's alot you can do to build up your muscles to help support the joints. A good friend has arthritis in her back. She got a lot of improvement thru physical therapy.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 25, 2013
7:03 PM

Post #9397728

Oh, I am not giving up. I am planning to take advantage of a new exercise program sponsored by my health insurance, and paid by them. The weather has just been too cold to get out and go find out about it. I will make it a point to do it one day next week. I am usually not wearing emotions that close to the surface and it surprised me when I started to cry, so may have been a bit hormonal in addition to the actual pain. I do body stretching exercises here most every morning. Nothing streneous, but enough to feel the muscles respond and know that they have been worked.

well my eyes are slowly closing, so gonna say "goodnight" and head down the hall.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 25, 2013
7:38 PM

Post #9397767

BonnieB, sorry you had to suffer that today. That is what happens with my back and legs and I just feel so confined and paralyzed. A fear I will go out and my legs
will give out on me.

AND...I actually did just that today...got out! Left here after my last post this morning, drove into Niagara Falls to the outlets trying to find shoes. No luck.
Came back towards Amherst/Buffalo and found a pair of Nike shoes at Famous footwear but still had to buy an arch insert. Figured I wouldn't pay too much
as I figure Cleveland Clinic might makes some changes there via orthotics or braces and wasn't going to spend a lot and have them changed.

DH has not said a word since last night. Shane was home when he called at Noon and said he seemed shocked that I went out and "she didn't send me an email".

I am leaving the appointment, and come Sunday...depending what is going on, I may just get in my van and travel alone. I do not like being kept in the dark, even when I ask directly, and he isn't going to change. I just can't live like this any more...the pain is overwhelming...with the back and with my DH.

Just light flurries tonight, but still cold. We did get a heat wave up to 17.

Need a cup of decaf tea and to relax.

Sweet dreams all.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

January 26, 2013
4:22 AM

Post #9397888

today is Cruise Day... so I will be out of touch for a week, though may pop in to say HI, as we always get an internet package.

Oh BonnieB... I hear ya on the pain. DH's always flairs up with weather fronts and season changes... no fun. My DFIL had an arthritic back, and it was just chronic pain, and I hope that is not in DH's future... or my kids for that matter. Sorry you had such an emotional day. I think we all have to "crack" from time to time.

Debbie -- sounds like you had a good day out... as for orthotics... My son has them and I was thinking they'd be a lot of $$... but after insurance they were $7
~~ I was like... Why didn't we order 3 pairs??

Tam -- hope the chicks are nice and warm. I have not been updated on the weather at home, but I think they got their first "INCH" ... hard to believe that it's mid-Jan and we've had no snow. Scary really... as we will be SO dry this coming year.

~~ Waves to all others... catch up next weekend.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
4:40 AM

Post #9397892

Terese, have a wonderful time on the cruise!!

Bonnieb, I wonder if the bad aches are somewhat weather related. I have been feeling very achy for almost 2 weeks. I hope it eases and you feel better.

Tam, I hope the pipe thaws.

It's a sunny frigid morning. We got about an inch of snow - very pretty. I came to the conclusion yesterday that I don't think someone hit my car. I think when I backed out of my driveway I hit the pile of snow from the plow truck. It isn't really snow anymore - it's hard as rock ice. The plow guy hasn't left me much room to back up so I will have to be careful.

Cable guy is coming sometime this morning.

You should have seen Teddy yesterday. He has a red down jacket with a fur trimmed hood. He is so cute. Pretty sure he hates the hood.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2013
5:07 AM

Post #9397902

Good morning everyone, I have been up for hours and no I do not want the worm

{{{{{{{{{{hugs to everyone who needs them}}}}}}}}}}}

Sandy and Andre

Thumbnail by wren107

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2013
5:08 AM

Post #9397904

Oh good I did not get the worm. LOL

S and A
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 26, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9397925

LOL Sandy I was putting off posting too as I didn't want the worm either. Course it would have frozen in less than a second here.

Quill is in the midst of another of her spells. She has barely moved in 24 hours but finally now just ate some kibble from my hand. She got herself moved away from the woodstove so I have some blamkets on her. She is so cold. Her left rear leg does not seem to want to work at all when I tried to move her. I am going to leave her where she is and wait until she decides she wants to get up. Then I will get the towel under her and try and get her outside. Again she seems in no pain nor do her eyes look like she is in pain. She is one tough cookie!!

(((BonnieB))) I so know how you feel and have been there. People especially it seems those closest to us just don't seem to understand how much pain you are in and how difficult even the easiest tasks are. I remember one night just breaking down into tears while peeling the spuds. DH's response was "what's so hard - it is just peeling potatoes?" That made me cry even harder - trying to explain my hands just didn't want to work and if he wanted peeled potatoes he would have to do it just didn't work. It wasn't until DH was in such pain himself that he finally twigged onto how I actually had felt so many times.He did apologize for all those what he called insensitive times but that made me cry even more.Just keep doing what you can do Bonnie and believe me it is a lot compared to some other RA/OA sufferers I know. Have a feeling you are abit like me in that there is no darn way you are going to give in and will just keep on doing even more.

Brrrr Tam... hope the pipes become open soon. Are they buried? Can you get at them with a heat source?

Now Elsie I laughed right out loud at the thought of me trying to put a coat with a hood on Diesel.First of all I would have to buy it in the men's department if it was going to fit... lol

Debbie, please stick to your game plan. Your health and welfare are important too. It is not that I am trying to belittle the seriousness of your FIL's condition but you have been through hell and need some answers and closure. If your mind is full of what is going on where you are staying I can guarantee you will get even less sleep than you are going to worrying about each day's upcoming activities. You do what you need to take care of yourself. If Paul feels the need to transport his parents so be it, let him. It has come down to you take care of yourself - heaven knows you have put everyone else first for so many years, it is your time now. I'll be right there with you Debbie!

Oh Terese have a blast on the cruise!

Dianne

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9397933

Good Morning!

Loretta - I bet Teddy was adorable in his little red coat. And it probably helped him in this cold! Sorry about that darned snow plow stack of ice! In this weather, it'd be like solid steel. It is very pretty to see everything sparkling and covered in white.

Debbie - I'm glad you are sticking to the plan to go to the CC.

Terese - have a grand time!

BonnieB - I'm sorry. I've been working with men too long. Of course you just needed to vent and didn't need advice. You're a smart and determined woman and will do what you can to stay as healthy & fit as you can.

Sandy - I hope it wasn't pain or worry that kept you up!

I'm off to look at countertops and sinks/faucets today. I will check out the cabinets on Mon evening. This will allow us to work out the design plan and move into final selections & get stuff on order. I want my kitchen in place by June. That means we have to move pretty quickly.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
5:46 AM

Post #9397945

Cross posted with you Dianne. (((((( Quill )))))) She is one tough cookie. Just like her mom. :-) The pipe in the barn is exposed in the barn. Once we warm it up in there again, it will unfreeze. Before I opened up the barn yesterday it was about 42degF in there. When I went to close it again, it was around 28degF. So we are leaving it closed up today and I bet it will be fine.

Gotta get another cuppa coffee.
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 26, 2013

Post #9397947

Good morning,

Dianne, so so sorry about Quill, that poor girl has just been through so much. Thank you for your support on the health issue, much appreciated.

Elsie, you have to behave with "Larry" coming out to the house and adjusting your cables! hehehe You do need a camera at work for Teddy's special
days.

Terese, have a wonderful cruise!!! Remember the camera and sunrises/sets for me! And beaches! And trees...OH, and flowers...and animals!!! Have a great time.

Bonnie, if I remember Wayne is coming today. I sure hope he is a big help getting things taken care of. I am sure the boys will miss his visit. Is he closer to you
while you are in FL?

I made stuffed biscuits for breakfast with OJ and coffee also, so all set. Been up since 6:30 after going to bed at 12:30 last night! I think this is DS's last
day of community service but not sure.

OK, coffee refill...waving good morning to Melva, Vicki, Lee, Tam...everyone!!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 26, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9397973

DH just came back here with an attitude! Going to be one of those days!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
6:26 AM

Post #9397982

Good morning, we have so much frost this morning, it looks like snow. Our crazy weather is supposed to warm up and by Wednesday be 60 degrees. Now do you see why I hurt so much?

Thank you all for your support, most times, I just pop a pain pill and go about my day, overcoming the pain by keeping busy. Yesterday was just one of those days where the pain got ahead of me, and it was that and being unable to do what I wanted to do.

Dianne, I chuckled about having to buy Diesel's coat in the men's department. I am sure that would be so. Poor Miss Quill, she has been through so much, and really reminds me of how tough she is, must be like her mamma. (hugs and Mr. B is sending sloppy kisses for her)

Debbie, do what you need to do in order to get some help for your health issues. I know that your DH is probably torn between you and DFIL, but YOU should be his primary concern. If there are siblings, then someone else needs to step up and help the FIL, and free your DH to tend to you. Sending hugs, and still praying for you.

Tammy, I am getting so excited for you in the kitchen redo. I will be looking over your shoulder while you are looking at appliances, Hope the pipe thaws today, and you have no problem with it.

Elsie, how cute that Teddy probably was. Mr. B has had a coat with a hood, and he wants no part of it being on his head. It is good that it has velcro so it can be turned back and secured. I understand that hard as steel snow pile. I don't know what they would do with it, but should be a law that they can't leave it piled up to pose a hazard.

Sandy, pretty sun rise? set? Your photos are really looking great. Has that one been edited?

Well, I have an appointment at 3 to get the haircut, but I think I will go out to a little market that has really good meat and look at what is on sale. Always on Sat morning, they have a good sale. Will be back later.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 26, 2013
6:35 AM

Post #9397987

Oh no Vicki! Sometimes DH used to wake up with what I called 'that face'. Of course now I would give anything to see that face but at the time it made my blood boil. Not looking forward to your day I bet. You work today though, right?

There are 2 rabbits right outside the front steps, Debbie you know where I mean. I swear they are deliberately trying to antagonize Diesel because they move around a bit then look right up into the window. I think someone on the lane is feeding them as they seem quite tame. Grrrrr... that spells trouble for the garaden this year.

Have fun Tam looking at everything. It is always so exciting to look at samples - Warren thought I was nuts when we built the house because I just reveled in having to make all the choices. The only day it got a bit overwhelming was the day we had to pick all the electrical fixtures in one morning. I was far too rushed and made some decisions that I am slowly replacing. Too thrifty to replace them the first few years we lived in this house plus they weren't that bad, some just too small.

Quill is laying there all covered in blankets just watching every move I make. Still hasn't made any signs she wants to try and get up even when I took Diesel out so I will leave her be for now. I am learning from her how to handle her during these spells. No motion seems to be the first order!

Need some breakfast - Frosted Flakes sounds really good to me this morning.
Dianne

This message was edited Jan 26, 2013 10:38 AM

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 26, 2013
6:46 AM

Post #9397998

Good morning. I awoke at 4:00 worked organizing some jewelry for the sale, then went back to bed around 5:30 and slept for two more hours. Margarita called in sick. It is just as well, the house is really not in need of cleaning though she would have been good help hauling things over to DM's. She will try to come on Monday morning.

Bonnie b the weather has a big impact on my aches and pains these days. Hope you feel better soon.

Dianne so sorry Quill is having a rough time again.

Tam sending good thoughts your way for the pipe to unfreeze today.

Loretta enjoy your time with the cable guy. Here's hoping he is a "looker".

Vicki it is going to be a long day for you. Try to stay out of DH's way until his mood passes for sure you will not be able to do anything right today. I hate it when those guys get in a snit!

Terese, bon voyage. Wish I were going with you. I declare - I have cruise fever. Longing to go cruising.

Well, I have to get showered and dressed to go pick up the Expedition I have on reserve for this week. I have been driving Jeep Limited this past week, but need a larger vehicle to haul the stuff while Wayne is here. He lands at 11:40. I don't know if he is closer to me when I am at the Shores.

Beautiful photo, Sandy.

Gotta go. Have a good day everyone.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2013
6:53 AM

Post #9398002

Sunset
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
7:55 AM

Post #9398033

Dianne, I hope Quill has a rest and feels better later.

BonnieB, I think it's hell getting older. Don't you wish for the good old days when all you had was a pain in the a$$. hehe

Sandy, did I tell you that we are publishing a crochet magazine called Crochet 1-2-3? You can pick it up in the craft aisle in Walmart. http://www.crochet1-2-3.com/index.shtml People seem to love it.

Tammy, have a good time looking for a new kitchen. Our local bargain basement place has a french door stainless steel fridge - it would be great except for the two dents in the front. My DB used this place for lots of stuff when remodeling the house for my parents.

Vicki, do you have a cast iron skillet?

Bonnie, I hope all the moving goes well. So do you feel better with the additional help with your legs?

Cable guy has come and gone. He was very nice. So now I only have basic cable to 22 channels. Everything else will have to come from the internet. I got rather impatient last night. It took forever for the movie to load. Well I put tin foil behind the antenna of the router and I'm cooking with gas. I will say I have a very old tube tv - the picture is so so but the sound is great. I didn't know but there are music channels I can listen to. I have a lot of stuff to look through. HOpefully this plus a few more hours at work and I can make ends meet and get some bills paid off.

Teddy's jacket has a zip off hood. When he had the hood on - he hung his head down - I think he wanted it off. He wears a sweater most of the time in the cold weather and he wears a halter rather than a collar.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 26, 2013
7:56 AM

Post #9398034

Quill update! Good news... Quill asked to go outside. I put the towel under her and helped her get out the door. Once she took a couple of steps outside she was able to albeit wobbly toddle off to do her business and eat some snow. Woooo hooooo! She is such tough,brave little girl! I have her right in front of the woodstove now so hope that will help keep her warm. I am definitely going to have to build that ramp for the 2 stairs at the side door. I'll call Steve tomorrow (he works today) and he will help me get something in place. I have been putting it off but I can see that 1 back leg is pretty fragile.

Maybe now I can get something done around here. I have been dithering around worrying about here I haven't been able to concentrate on 1 task.

Make sure you all do something nice for yourself today ladies!!!!
Dianne
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 26, 2013
7:58 AM

Post #9398037

We crossed ELsie. I am definitelly going to look for that crochet mag the next time I am in WM.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9398042

Dianne great news.

BonnieB I know how you feel

Yes the picture was edited a little. I have plug ins to photoshop that do what expensive camera filters do, so instead of putting on., taking off and changing the kinds of filters I can do it on the computer. The pictures I take now are "negatives" so I can do all the things that photo developers do. LOL

Sandy and Andre

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 26, 2013
8:15 AM

Post #9398053

Deep sigh of relief...YAY Quill!!

Elsie, glad all went well with the cable guy. I listen to those music channels a lot, they keep me dancing when I can! More so than TV.

I have an appointment Tuesday morning for a trim and color. You all shamed me into it, looking so pretty and getting your hair done.

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 26, 2013
9:00 AM

Post #9398087

Bonnie B. forgive me for not responding to you earlier... I am so sorry you have pain to deal with. Phil never seems to understand remember when I fell in the bedroom, and he left me there? Men!~

I feel as if I am coming down with something...body aches, headache and a queasy stomach..think I am going back to bed...I need to go to the store and get some foods for Corky..I cut him up some raw steak yesterday and he wouldn't eat it. He is a very spoiled cat. I have no idea how that happened...lol!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
9:57 AM

Post #9398135

Yeah Quill!!

Melva, I hope you feel better.

Debbie, cut and color sounds like a good idea. I think I need to get my hair cut.

I am watching the funniest thing I have watched in a very long time. I have no idea if it was ever on tv. Jerry Sienfeld - Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. They are short videos and I have been laughing out loud.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
12:08 PM

Post #9398257

Back from town and my errands. Got the hairs cut and I look like ME again. That style just wasn't for me. She didn't want to take any money from me, but I said a time slot and a cut wasn't free. So gave her the usual fee plus a tip for getting me in so quickly. She got news yesterday that the people who own her shop are selling and she has 2 weeks to find another place. She was pretty down about that.

Melva, I think men experience pain but the just don't let us know about it until it is ER time. I hope you get to feeling better and that you have already made the run for food for Corky. I don't know how animals get spoiled either.

Dianne, I whooped when I read the good news about Quill. If you noticed her sit up and take notice, evidently she heard me. I am so happy that she is up and about. I want some of her determination! She really has it.

Debbie, a new cut and color will make you feel like a different woman, maybe a single one without kids!

Well, need to go put some steaks in to marinade and that will be supper.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 26, 2013
12:41 PM

Post #9398293

We heard that whoop Bonnie. We just got back in from another small walk. I have to definitely keep Diesel and Quill apart when walking so that means double walks for me. Not complaining I can use the exercise. Quill now she is up and wobbling around is determined to go outside any time I get near her door. I cleaned out the ahses from the stove and she planted herself in front of the door so she had to get out before I could carry the ashes out to the pile. Not only is she one tough cookie she is a smart and stubborn one too!

Steaks sound great Bonnie. Debbie I think I am going to use my new George Foreman grill and grill one of those steaks we had when you were up this summer. They are so tender usually I won't have to be concerned about my jaw.

Melva I hope you feel better soon. All that crazy weather you are having in Texas probably is a shock to your immune system too. Corky spoiled? No, I don't believe it! Who would spoil him?he he

Elsie sounds like you are already enjoying your new TV system. Great!

Need to dust now I have taken out the ashes. I knew I didn't dust first thing this morning for a reason.
Dianne

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 26, 2013
2:35 PM

Post #9398395

Well Wayne has arrived and is taking the first load over to mom's garage. Tomorrow we are going to rent a dolly so he can move things more efficiently. Oops looks like I have to go. We decided that we should go to Home Depot to purchase some boxes in order to continue and he does not know how to get there. I will give driving directions and wait in the car. I have already reached the limit of my endurance for the day. Sad...

BBL,
Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2013
3:01 PM

Post #9398420

PLEASE SOME ONE SAVE ME!!! BEFORE I KILL!!!!

Between my not so dear mom and that dog I am about ready to KILL! But it looks like the wash machine is the victum!!!. I broke a glass panel in our back door. Ad then she told me she was out of book on her kindle. Payday is Friday.

I am going to send Andre to the kennel early-like tomorrow afternoon as they are not open for drop off in the morning. He put that darn eggee in the same bush (a fenced in bush) more than 10 times!!!

I do no know what I am going to do next week. She will not do anything right now. will she help me next week or no.

I have fixed me a stronge drink.

I will be off for a bit until I calm DOWN!!!

Sandy
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 26, 2013
3:11 PM

Post #9398430

((((Sandy))))
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
4:25 PM

Post #9398485

Oh, Sandy, instead of putting Andre in the kennel, crate him up and send him to me. I bet by the time he roamed our farm he would be worn out every day! I would love to entertain him for you. Just wish I was closer.

Bonnie, I hear you on the "reached the limit". Today I had to quit way before everything was done. It wasn't as bad as the other day, but I am hurting big time, and heading to the shower to enjoy the hot water on my back. Sounds like you all are making progress.

Elsie, oh, my sounds like you are enjoying the Roku. Please be careful that you don't run across a program you have to pay for, and for heaven sakes, stay away from that PlayBoy channel!

Dianne, I just smiled from ear to ear when I read about Quill wanting to go out with you. I think you are being wise not to put Quill and Diesel together for the walk. I know he doesn't mean to hurt her, but she is so fragile. Mr. B sends more smoochies to her. That has to be what is helping her.

Well, off to shower, will be back later.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 26, 2013
5:18 PM

Post #9398532

Here is wonderful Wayne taking Moe's place on pump duty tonight.

Dianne so very happy to hear that Quill has rallied once again. Those rabbits sound much too brazen to survive very long.

((((Sandy)))) if I were in FL I would come to help you next week.

Elsie my legs feel better, I have less pain and less redness, but I do not feel a lot better overall I think improvement will come when I get the new apnea machine and begin getting some restorative sleep.

I have an episode of restless legs tonight. I am going to have to turn the pump off after only one hour then come back and do the second hour later.

Have to get up now.

BBL,
Bonnie

Thumbnail by greersfolly

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 26, 2013
6:27 PM

Post #9398579

Thanks everyone
Bonnie I will only be down a couple of days. Hopefully mom will step up to the plate. Andre is going to be in the kennel starting tomorrow afternoon and will be there now 11 days.

The 2 pains have quieten down. I think Andre wore his self out. And not so dear mom found a real book to read

Good night everyone

sandy and the 2 pains

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
6:34 PM

Post #9398589

Howdy folks!

The pipe is no longer frozen through - I was able to turn it and get water. Woo Hoo!

I found a lovely sink for 1/2 off. Someone had returned it and the shop owner kept it.

The tile & granite shop gave us some stone tiles we can use for the flower show as plant labels and the little nursery can order me the sphagnum moss for cheaper than I can buy it. So it was a good day!

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
6:44 PM

Post #9398604

Sandy, glad things settled down for you. I am sure that your nerves are shot thinking about your surgery and how your DM will do, or if she will do anything. May be time for a very stern talk to her. Tell her that you are always there for her, and now you need her to step up and help you out. Sometimes people just have to be told.

Bonnie, sure hope that your restless legs settle down so that you can get in the other hour on the pump. I know that going without sleep for a good while just wears you down. Here is hoping that once the houses sell, and your life gets back to a sense of normal that you will be able to devote time for yourself and taking better care of YOU. We deserve it sometimes, pampering, and not having to worry about someone else.

Elsie, I didn't ask but was your cable guy anything like Larry? hehe, hope if he was, he told you some good jokes.

Debbie, how did your day go? I am hoping that you feel better after the time at the beauty shop.

Terese is probably already onboard and is settling in for her cruise. I sure hope that things go well for her and her DH and that they enjoy every minute of it.

Melva. just thought of you. DH brought back homemade candy from Amish country, and I just indulged in a piece. It is white chocolate with some kind of crunchy things in it, sort of like a Nestles crunch, only white chocolate. Now I could really get carried away with that. The only problem, he brought back 10 pounds, and I told him to put the rest in the fridge in the garage, and not bring it inside.

I discovered a new cookie at the grocery last week. DH has to have cookies in the house, and if left to him, he would eat oreos one week, and pecan sandies the next. When he tells me to buy him cookies on my weekly shopping trip, I look to see if there is anything different. Well this past week, I found Keeblers Fudge Stripes, but instead of a hole in the center, they are filled with cheesecake filling where the hole should be. Yum, they are so good.

Tammy, yahoo, where are you? You have been MIA all day, time for you to report in.

Got all the church bulletins printed and tried to print some business cards for a guy I know, and can't get the danged things to print right. I will try one more time, but I fear that he is going to have to go to an office supply store and have them done.

I am about ready to go to bed. Mr. B is sleeping, but he finally got tired of waiting for me, and he is curled up in a chair beside me just waiting.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2013
6:45 PM

Post #9398609

Tammy, cross posted. Sounds like you had a very good day. Yeah!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 26, 2013
6:51 PM

Post #9398621

Tam, that does sound like a good day.

BonnieB, I will have to check out those cookies. I like the Vienna Fingers with a cup of tea for a "special treat". Hair place
couldn't get me in, and they are closed Monday...so Tuesday morning it will have to be.

DS (not dear) finished his community service today, and said "gone for the night."

I attempted to clean out a kitchen cabinet, I bought some storage containers...opened the cabinet, saw the flour was involved, looked at my shirt
and said...I'll do it in the morning before I shower!!! It just attacks me!

All the kitties got their nails cut today...Shannon is great with that and they don't give her any grief. DH changed his oil in his car (its only 20 out!) and
did it in the driveway. Thankfully he has a carhart overall to wear.

My stomach is all bubbly tonight, so I am just laying low.

Did I mention it is snowing again?

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 26, 2013
8:33 PM

Post #9398714

Hi. I'm back. Yep got in the second hour on the pump. Wayne and I had a turkey sandwich for dinner as we had a big lunch at a favorite Cajun style seafood restaurant.

Tammy good news on the pipe and the sink and the tile and granite shop and the nursery. What a winning day you had!! You must be flying high tonight. Is the sink stainless steel, or porcelain? What are you thinking of for counter tops?

Deb wish you could have gotten that hair appointment today. Sometimes it can lift our spirits to have a new "do". I know what you mean about flour. It jumps on me, too. I never work in the kitchen without wearing an apron. one time, many years ago, I was in the middle of a marathon cooking frenzy when I realized that I needed a critical ingredient if I was to continue to progress so I stopped what I was doing grabbed my purse and rushed to the grocery and purchased the missing ingredient. As soon as I walked into the house I had to make a bathroom stop. As I walked past the bathroom mirror I noticed that I had gone to the grocery wearing a very dirty apron with "Hot Buns" written across the top in large red letters. No one in that grocery store let on.

BonnieB I long for the day when this bad dream I am living ends. Yet I know my problems pale compared to what others here in our group live with everyday. It is just now with my health problems my coping skills are non existent and I am totally worthless when to comes to anything physical. So worthless just about sums it up.

Wayne and I had King Cake for dessert tonight - the traditional New Orleans ring pastry made from the Feast of the Epiphany to Mardi Gras Day. It marks the day the Three Kings visited the baby Jesus. The cake is decorated with purple, green and gold frosting and/or crystal sugar. A small plastic baby doll is hidden inside the cake. Whoever gets the piece of cake with the baby inside has to give the next King Cake party.

Time for sleep meds and bed. Goodnight.

Bonnie

Thumbnail by greersfolly

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2013
3:44 AM

Post #9398812

Good morning everyone

I did have a talk with mom, hope it works.

And everything is quite here right now.

sandy and andre

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 27, 2013
7:56 AM

Post #9398981

It can't really be time to be thinking about Easter already!

Bonnie - you are amazing at all you accomplish. Never ever doubt yourself. I got a good chuckle out of the hot buns apron. lol I can do you one up on that story though. I was working in the garden many years ago, digging in compost and was very dirty when I realized I needed something. No longer remember what it was. I did not want to lose the time to stop, take a shower & change, only to come home and change again, get dirty and shower again. So I zoomed out to the big box store, thinking who could possibly see me there! Of course, ran into one of the young engineers who worked for me, with his family.

Sandy - maybe your neighbor could stop in just ot check on your DM? Would probably keep you more calm when you are in rehab.

BonnieB - I can not have any candy or cookies in the house. No will power at all. DH loves cookies & crackers and so he keeps them in his office, completely out of my sight. He used to keep cookies in the fridge and I just couldn't keep from snatching a few when I saw them.

Debbie - That flour just wants to get on us. Its like wearing a white shirt and eating anything red or purple. It just HAS to get on that white shirt.

Kitchen decisions so far: the sink is a gorgeous fired-clay farmers sink made in England. Its huge - 36" so I need to verify it will fit but I'm 90% sure. I've changed my mind about counters and am now planning on granite. I thought that the new quartz counters would be better for hot items and maintenance but the counter guys corrected me. You can put hot things on granite with a lot less risk than on quartz. And granite is now generally cheaper. Of course I love the options there too.

I'm trying to figure out cabinet manufacturer now. I suspect there's a big cost difference but I hope to trade off door style/finish to get better quality construction - better drawer pull hardware and stronger construction. I will be pricing things out but the primary line offered by the place my contractor suggested uses just 1/4" plywood as bottom of the drawers and that's just too thin. They also have kinda cheap feeling hardware. So I know I'm not going with the least expensive line there. The other manufacturer these guys offers looks & feels better but I can't find construction specs. I guess I'll find out tomorrow night when I meet with him.

Today I need to start potting up some stuff for the flower show. And go through all the labels to compare against plant list to figure out what labels need to be created.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 27, 2013
8:07 AM

Post #9398986

Tam, I have been watching the remodeling shows (Property Brothers, Holmes on Homes, Kitchen Cousins, Love it or list it) and really like that sink that fits
below the edge of the counters.

Moel sent us a new replacement faucet after our recent trouble, but it is for a single sink and spout is way too low. To me, it just is more trouble.
BUT we didn't get a choice of the replacement they sent since our model was no longer sold...this was the replacement.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2013
8:21 AM

Post #9399003

Tam I will not be going to rehab, I will be coming straight home. And my friends across the street work during the day. DM needs to take care of me the first few days. I am holding my breath there. I have some cans of tea beside my bed and I will be putting something for breakfast there also AS she does not usually wake up until around 10am and I wake up around 6am!!!

Sandy and Andre

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 27, 2013
8:28 AM

Post #9399011

Morning! DS left a bit ago. He came for their mail and to chat awhile. So it was a good visit. Short ones usually are.

So much has been happening with you all. Will not comment but I do agree with the replies.

Work is busy and has been a bit frustrating. My days off are a bit different this week as the boss has to stay overnight when they come in to strip and wax the floors. So Monday and Weds. are the days off. Next week I only get one day off as she is gone day of inventory and I am getting an extra day. Woohoo more hours more pay. I really don't care.

HAve gotten a couple of my seed orders but haven't opened the boxes yet. Will do that in a bit.

Probably better go and get something done today. YUCK!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 27, 2013
8:29 AM

Post #9399012

SAndy seems like you are trying to plan as much as you can. Hope DM steps up to the plate and does what she should!
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
10:17 AM

Post #9399109

Tammy, do you have granite countertops now? It sounds like you are making great progress on your kitchen stuff.

It's another sunny day here - it seems like it has warmed up just a bit. I have a scratchy throat and I'm staying in drinking chicken broth and ginger ale. I'm trying to fight this so I don't get a cold. I kept trying to get my vaporizor to work last night but it kept making a noise and not working. I've already had nap #1.

I need to get out to the store to buy a chicken to roast and then make some soup. Not today, maybe tomorrow.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 27, 2013
12:28 PM

Post #9399223

Did ya put water in it?

(running and ducking)

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 27, 2013
2:01 PM

Post #9399282

LOL Debbie

Loretta - I have corian counters now.

Vicki - agree on that comment about short visits being the best kind. lol I just bought my seeds at local places. Found Rutgers tomato seeds!

It hit 33degF! Woo Hoo... not freezing!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 27, 2013
2:16 PM

Post #9399292

Tam, I just looked at it is a whopping 27 degrees but there is a winter weather warning for tomorrow. Snow and ice mix possible.
However, they are saying 50's on Tuesday and Wednesday. Which means water in my basement!

How are the baby chicks doing?
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
3:24 PM

Post #9399358

Tammy, what color appliances?

Our forecast looks like nasty weather for three days. I made it all the way outside to get the paper. I just woke up from another nap. Tomorrow may be a repeat of today.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 27, 2013
3:26 PM

Post #9399361

Tammy I think you will be very happy with the granite. I have had it in my last three houses, everything from very expensive Juparano Gold slabs to the very least expensive (less than Corian) - Ubatuba - which I chose for this house in Katy because the color was right. I do not pamper the granite. I have never had it resealed in any house. I use Windex on it on a daily basis a bazillion times a day, I do not use Windex with ammonia or vinegar, though. Once a week I use The Daily Granite by Method on it. I mean why all the fuss over maintaining granite? It is a piece of a mountain. Don't think a farmer's sink is under mounted. Is it? Photo? Buy the best cabinets the budget will allow. You will never regret the investment. The Shaker style cabinet is very clean looking and its simplicity stands the test of time. Usually less expensive than some of the more ornate styles. BTW are you serving in the same capacity again for the flower show again this year? Tam I am waiting for the day I get caught looking like something the cat dragged in in FL as I often take the attitude that I am new here and won't meet anyone I know when I make those mad dash shopping runs...it's just a matter of time, I know.

elsie I hope you are not getting sick again. It seems only a short time ago you were down with something respiratory. I can just imagine how adorable Teddy was in his red hooded coat. What a pampered pooch.

Vic glad you had a good visit with DS. How did the day go when DH awoke with "the face"?

Sandy sending all the good vibes I can manage your way that the surgery and mom will be highly successful.

Here is DM out to lunch today with Judy and Patti. They brought her a new bracelet. Doesn't she look beautiful? Who would believe she is in her 92nd year? BTW that is a Manhattan cocktail in her hand.

Wayne and I are exhausted. He broke his own rule about working on Sunday and put in a full day, mostly in the garage and the garage is still not finished. I understand why Wayne is exhausted, but me - go figure. All I did was make decisions or as Linda says, "Bonnie Decide". There are 19 cardboard bankers boxes of Bonnie Decide on the floor in my living room that I have to go through. Most of them are cookbooks that are going to the sale and many are important files and papers that will go to storage here and then to storage in FL. Still only Bonnie can decide. Every kitchen cabinet and draw has to be purged, every chest and every closet - IMAGINE!

I think I'll just have to worry about that tomorrow, Rhett.

Bonnie

Thumbnail by greersfolly

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2013
4:34 PM

Post #9399416

Andre is at the kennel. I told them that if I could have gotten a hold of them early enough Sat. he would have been there then. She laughed when I told her about his mischief yesterday.
I have taken one pet gate gate down will take the second down tomorrow. I will run a extension cord to my bed room tomorrow-we only have 2 prong wall sockets in the back room and the laptop needs a 3 prong one. I will move the small table that I use in here to keep the laptop and other stuff on.
I WILL ALSO PUT MY CELL PHONE BACK THERE. Because DM's ears are stopped up and she can not hear very well. Which makes for some very strange conversations!!!!! There is a phone beside the couch and her bed so if I need her I will just call her on the cell phone!!!! The doctor gave her some pills to clear up the problem with her ears but she will not take them because she says they make her sick but she will not call the doctor.

And people wonder why I am CRAZY!!!

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 27, 2013
4:53 PM

Post #9399428

Are you having your knees done Tues Sandy? I probably got mixed up on the date.

Loretta - black appliances. I'm just not fond of SS.

Bonnie - you put your finger right on the issue/concern I have with granite. I do NOT want to windex that counter a bazillion times a day! I sent an email to the contractor telling him he needed to work that estimate to give me more budget for cabinets. Its ridiculous how low percentage he'd allocated for what is really, the biggest part of the kitchen!

Debbie - why water in the basement when it warms up? The chicks are doing really well. I picked up mom to check and they ran all over. So cute. I've put out a second feeder full of food. So they are eating well too. Thank goodness we're getting that warm weather here too!

I made chocolate pudding again. Reduced the sugar in this batch so will see if its better. Dessert is next on the agenda for the evening here. :-)

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 27, 2013
5:29 PM

Post #9399448

Tam yes Tues, they are only doing the left knee

Sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 27, 2013
6:23 PM

Post #9399504

Well, I was running late this morning, and didn't get to check in. Church and Bible study were good today. Had a lady join the church, so a bit longer than usual. I had cooked a roast with potatoes and carrots and had green beans, plus a cottage cheese and fruit salad. Tasty, if I do say so. The meat came from the little grocery that I go to on the weekends. I think I will start making a couple of trips there each week, as their meat is just fabulous.

Tammy, it sounds like you are making good progress on picking out the things for the kitchen. I have never had black appliances, but my DTS did, and she hated them, as she said they showed every finger print. She is very picky about her appliances, so if she had to wipe them down a couple times a day, then that was the problem, she didn't want to do that! I have the beige, and honestly they don't show a thing. I have the textured kind, and that helps with not showing any prints either. I agree, go for a bigger budget for the cabinets. They will be there long after you probably change appliances. You can always change the hardware to make them look different. I have no hardware on mine, as I like a very minimalist look. Sometimes, just a hardware can make a kitchen look "overdressed", if your appliances are spiffy looking.

Elsie, now you just can't be coming down with another cold. You drink that broth, plenty of liquids (I would recommend a hot toddy before bed) and get yourself healthy.

Sandy, you will do good. I am glad that you told your DM just how it has to be for a little while, as you will be restricted to how much you can be up and down. If you can't raise her any other way, the cell phone is a good idea. Be sure you have your kindle or your ereader handy, all loaded with good books, some puzzle books and your computer, and that should get you through for a few days. Will you be able to navigate to the bathroom. Maybe you need to rent a bedside commode if you think that is a problem. Something to think about. Poor Andre, I know he likes the kennel, maybe he will be able to show them some more tricks!

Vicki, so is your DH in a good mood now? I just hate it when mine is out of sorts, usually with someone else, but I get my share of the looks, short answers, and everything that goes with a bad mood. I just want to say, go see the person you are mad at and tell them, and maybe you will get in a better mood, so you don't have to take it out on me. Sounds like the work week is all switched around. I would hate that, as I am such a creature of habit, I would never know when I was supposed to report to work.

Bonnie, your DM looks wonderful, and no she doesn't look her age at all. I hope that she is liking the ALF and is settling in, realizing that she doesn't have all the aminities that she is used to, like someone at her beck and call. I talked to a friend in NO tonight, and they were having Pizza, then the King Cake. She says it is crazy there with Mardi Gras, and then the next week Super Bowl. She is in service industry, so she is really getting some good tips during all of this. She is saving for a trip back here this summer. I haven't seen her for 3 years.

Debbie, at least it is a new faucet. I know we become so used to the ones that we have, it is difficult to adjust to another. I certainly would hate to lose my high faucet in the kitchen. Maybe some of your snow will leave with the temps later in the week. Things better at home? Have you decided on your plan for going to Ohio? I would think that he could get a sibling to go with the parents, and he could take you. JMHO. But remember my DH who threw a fit about me having surgery on a day that he wanted to go to a horse event? Men, shaking my head.

Guess terese is enjoying her cruise, or I hope they are.

Dianne, How did Quill do today? I am hoping that she will enjoy many more days where she feels like getting up and going outside. Maybe she is waiting for her sweetie (Mr B) to come visit. Well, in the mean time, he is still sending her smoochies. I took him for a ride today right after lunch, as the weather has been so cold we haven't been for a ride since the first of last week. He was enjoying himself at the cemetery, and I heard distant shots, and thought that would be it for him, and sure enough before that thought got completed, he was back, jumped in the car and was ready to come home. Poor boy, somebody ruined his fun trip.

Tomorrow I have to go to the nursing home here in the county and get instructions for my visits in February. As part of my ministry requirements, I have to intern for 30 days, so I am only scheduled to visit one day a week, so that is surely gonna be a long period of time. I am hoping that I can go 2 days a week. It will take awhile to get to know the residents and what they require. Looking forward to it, but at the same time, it is a new venture and sort of frightening. I am hoping to make some good friends by the time this is over.

Okay,It has seemed like such a long day, and it feels like it should be midnight. Will check another site, and then head to the bedroom to read for a bit until I feel sleepy.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 28, 2013
3:01 AM

Post #9399759

Good morning everyone

Sending the worm to Tam's chick

sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
5:10 AM

Post #9399813

Good morning, is is considerably warmer here today. Don't know about the forecast for any rain etc. Don't know what my day holds, still trying to get some food and finally got dressed just a bit ago.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9399827

Good Morning! The chicks are very happy with your gift Sandy.

BonnieB - I've had black appliances here for 14yr and love them. I should qualify - black for cooking appliances and white or beige for the fridge. Maybe its the black fridge that's the issue for your DTS?

Its snowing here!

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
5:48 AM

Post #9399842

I pray there is no emergency today, as I can't even get IN my car! Totally encased in ice. It is supposed to warm up and sure hope it does before
DD gets back on the road for the afternoon.

We have a forecast that is ice and snow through the early afternoon. Oh joy.

Thankfully, the coffee is brewing and I am on the way to "acceptable human" levels. lol

Tam, do not send that snow this way...please. None of my appliances match! lol Drives me crazy.

BonnieB, good luck with your day. I sure hope the bad weather stays away.

Bonnie, thank heavens for your "crew". My goodness, Wayne is a special man, as is Mo! DM looks so so happy to be
out and about with the ladies.

Vicki, whats for breakfast...besides the worm Sandy is giving to the chicks! I am craving...grits...of all things!

Melva, you feeling better?

Elsie, did I mention DH is coming to NJ on Wednesday for 3 days? Vacation for me!
I hope you are feeling better this morning.

I might go out with the camera, I put salt on the steps...will see if it looks worth it. Right now, not!!

Debbie

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy   Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
6:07 AM

Post #9399868

Someone sure looks joyful in that snow! If you insist, we'll keep the snow here. I am supposed to go out tonight to look at cabinets though. Hoping its just snow w/o ice.

Debbie - I have white fridge & black everything else now and all different brands. I think having the ovens & cooktop match color-wise is important. I like the black dishwasher 'cause that fads into the background more. Don't know really why I like white fridge but black just looks too black to me.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9399902

I am feeling better.but still think something is working...my left ear is plugged..(I had lots of ear infections when I was younger)
it is supposed to be high 70's today with possible severe weather tomorrow. I think I am going to turn on the AC today.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9399912

Morning!

Breakfast will be bacon and scrambled eggs. Maybe a fried egg but you get the idea.

Yesterday I left for work in a snow storm. It had rained before that. Just drove slower and did just fine. Wanted to shoot the milktruck driver that was driving on the line but hey he knew best I guess! Work went so slow. But I got some other things done. When I first got there it was fairly busy as everybody had to get that item they needed as it was snowing and where did that come from! Driving home was a lot worse. Again I drove slow and took my time and only met 3 other drivers. Just glad I didn't met anyone on the back road as it was mostly a 1 track road at that point!

DH wasn't feeling good yesterday. I went in the basement and did a few things I wanted to get done there. Was on the puter a bit. Put dishes away and loaded the dishwasher that sounds so sick when it is running! I know it is just going to quit one of these days.

Tam I would get a different cabinet then what I got. But back then I didn't look very much. So take your time and get it right. I prefer white appliances.

More later as I have to get you know who fed!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
6:53 AM

Post #9399919

Bacon? You have bacon? It is my weakness in life...and I always avoid that first piece.

I might tackle that kitchen cabinet today.

I need to come up with what I am going to do with this hair, cut color...trim...so many decisions. lol
Have had quite a few compliments lately of it being long with the curls and it is what I feel most comfortable
with. Saves having to wear a scarf in this weather! LOL

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
6:55 AM

Post #9399924

Yes a few slices left from yesterday! I love bacon also. Try not to have it too often.

One good reason to have long hair!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
6:58 AM

Post #9399930

It hasn't been this long in at least 24 years, past the bra strap in the back.
Word is I am rebelling from one of the brothers (not Shoe) telling me I am too old to have long hair. lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
7:10 AM

Post #9399945

I see plenty of older women coming in the store with longer hair. I think(which is very important coming from me) we can wear our hair how ever we think it looks good! So there to brother! LOL
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
7:32 AM

Post #9399971

Tammy, I hope you get to look for cabinets later.

Vicki, eggs and bacon sound very good. I had eggs and ham - not green.

BonnieB, going to the nursing home sounds interesting. I bet you will meet some characters.

Debbie, I will keep the snow here - you can keep the ice there please. Where is DH going?

Bonnie, great picture of DM - that is some bracelet. I'm glad your help and friends are getting you through this large job.

Sandy, it sounds like you have everything in place for after surgery.

It's still snowing. I hope it stops soon so I can get to the store. I am wanting some tea and toast and I don't have any form of bread in the house. That is usually the case - if I don't have it then I don't eat it. I had such a hard time sleeping last night. I was too hot and this morning I'm cold. I hope this is just a cold.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
7:34 AM

Post #9399973

DH is going to a company out near Sweedsboro or something like that. 3 or 4 of them going on this jaunt.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
7:41 AM

Post #9399984

Ty is very happily chewing on a beef bone! DH is plowing the driveway. So I can visit a bit. Our breakfast is waiting.

I agree BonnieB I bet it will be an interesting venture for you! Enjoy your wonderful 50's today. I heard we will be in the 30's. I will take that.

Bonnie again I agree with the others. Your mom looks very happy and that is a wonderful bracelet! Hope the work continues at a good pace!

Elsie isn't that the way it goes. You want it and don't have it. Hope you can get to the store soon! Also hoping this is not a cold coming on. Glad your breakfast wasn't green!

Going to go and look at ads!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
7:48 AM

Post #9399993

They just said Wednsday should be 58 degrees...and Thursday 20!! I just love NY weather. NOT!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
7:53 AM

Post #9400003

Well I have to say that over here in Wis. We have had a pretty good winter so far. We really cannot complain. Wish it was the same for others.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9400006

I hate it when there are "rules" for how you can dress & wear your hair based on age. If it looks good long, go for it!
I kept mine long 'cause I thought it was easier to care for. Hah! So much easier short. And with my short neck, short hair looks better on me too (I think).

I checked on the chicks. They are all doing well. The little white ones all have black tipped wings. (Four are white and three are black. Not sure if there are multiple moms or not). The black ones seem to have white bellies. The cutest one from the last batch has a black body with white mixed in more and more as you move up her shoulders. Her head is almost all white. Will try to get a pic of her.

Tam

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
8:02 AM

Post #9400012

well that post must have sat a long time!

Loretta - sure hope whatever you have goes fast & you feel better soon. Good idea to stock up on tea. Maybe get some lemons & honey too if you don't have 'em?

We're to get to the 50's in a couple days here too. After that bitter cold, that will be a nice break!

Melva - just can not imagine the need to have the AC on! :-)

Tam

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9400104

I was thinking that maybe she was teasing about the airconditioner!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
8:55 AM

Post #9400108

Oh! I can be so literal sometimes. lol

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
8:58 AM

Post #9400110

I can be the same Tam!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
9:21 AM

Post #9400131

Well, if it is going to get to 50 today, it is going to have to hurry up. It is raining, and the air seems very cool. Not that I have been out much, but ventured out to the garage to give the dogs some dog food. There are 3 that eat there, and the others are in the kennel. DH feeds them, as they are hunting dogs and get a different ration than the rest. Casper and Abby are outside,althought I have had to almost push Abby out the door.

I am so bored that I have straightened my sock and underwear drawer, gone through my jewelery box and straightened that, made an apple cobbler to stick in the oven later, have read a bit, but I am just jumping from thing to thing. One thing that hasn't helped is DH and DS have been inside and that is out of the norm for me to have anybody around during the day.

DH spent the morning monitoring his online stock account, buying and selling. Hope he did well, and made a bit back.

We are discussing going to Florida, but first he has to complete the NY trip to get those horses. We are talking about flying down, and then renting a car and driving back. He wants some fresh oranges, and grapefruit, and he hopes to go to some yard sales and pick up fishing equipment. My DTS has been telling me about all the yard sales that she and her DH have been going to and I think he has yard sale fever. Now you have to understand that my DH has a separate storage building just for fishing equipment, Think he needs more? My DS and I have decided that he is a hoarder at heart, and only my presence keeps it from getting out of hand.

Elsie, I sure hope that you are not coming down with another cold. Seems you are doing all the right things to prevent it. If every time you wanted bread you had to make it, it may cut down on the amount you decide you need. I know it would me, although I love it.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 28, 2013
9:40 AM

Post #9400157

Melva DM has the same problem with her ears but it is both of them. Driving me crazy trying to talk to her.

I get almost everything I can thing of do. I just have to call and remind my DB, take out the trash, wash the dishes , take a bath with the special soap(repeating this in the morning) and move the laptop with power cord into the bed room. I have the kindle and the cell phone chargers already in there. Going to use my cell phone to call DM if I need her, not going to scream my self horse.

Waving at everyone

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
10:11 AM

Post #9400204

Have you walked through your day to see if you ever get stuff from on high (or very low) shelves?

I made a smoothie for lunch with added spinach. Its kinda weird but still good. I think I'd prefer with just fruit. On a recent Dr Oz he pointed out its hard to get all your servings of veggies in if you only have them at dinner. I realized I typically just have fruit at breakfast & lunch, no veggie. I may just go back to adding a green salad. lol

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
10:27 AM

Post #9400215

Tam, can't remember where I saw it (Noon news?) where they used large spinach leaves, or another leafy veggie...and use it to replace a sandwhich
wrap or bread. They had a tuna/veggie mix wrapped in I think a spinach leaf...it looked pretty good.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 28, 2013
11:12 AM

Post #9400258

Can you believe I was in the bed until 8:50 this morning? Of course I was awake several hours during the night. Wayne was already hard at work when I toddled in. The garage is looking good.

I put in 2 calls for warranty work on my house for a leaky faucet and a faulty light fixture in the laundry room. Surprise, surprise. both venors have accepted the work order. In fact, the plumber just called. He is on his way.

I had better make certain the sink is empty.

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 28, 2013
11:25 AM

Post #9400273

I have checked off almost everything from my to do list. Talked to my brother to remind him.
My knee and ankles are killing me. but the only thing I have to do standing up is go get the mail if he ever gets here.

Sandy
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
11:34 AM

Post #9400292

Sandy, it sounds like you are as prepared as you are going to be. (((HUGS)))

It is just nasty out there. Just as I was going to put my shoes on the freezing rain started, then the rain. It is very slick out there. The roads are okay - it's the rest. All the slush is very slippery from the rain. I got myself two rotisserie chickens and just picked at one of them. I think I will recline a bit and then make soup later.

I got some bread - most will go in the freezer.

BonnieB, I try to avoid having bread in the house. But I feel a need for tea and toast when I don't feel well. My parents go to lots of yard sales in FL.

I'm debating whether I should go to the doctor. Last couple of times I had a cold - he told me I waited too long.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
11:46 AM

Post #9400300

Elsie, you SHOULD go to the doctor. You have been under the weather quite a bit lately...and it isn't getting better.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2013
12:25 PM

Post #9400333

I was not kidding about the AC...it was warm last night, even with the windows open. I had the AC on for a few hours...

Elsie,
Generally, green eggs and ham should be avoided...even if a cat is involved.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 28, 2013
12:29 PM

Post #9400336

Melva I found the recipie for the Tres Leche Cake my granddaughter and I made a few summers ago. It is part Emeril's and someome else from the Internet. Claire and I made the cake over a two day time period - making the sponge cake on day one then making the Three Milks cream topping the second day. We iced the cake right before serving.

Thumbnail by greersfolly   Thumbnail by greersfolly         

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
12:46 PM

Post #9400356

Oh I love it when there's so much going on here during the day!

Debbie - all I have for lunch is a kefir smoothie. I put in berries & raw coco nibs. I just don't want to gain back the weight I lost (though I have put on 5lbs I just can't lose!) So no sandwiches. Just need to find a way to add plan ole spinach or other greens to my lunch w/o other "stuff". I pack dinner w/veggies but still... best to add something to lunch meal.

Bonnie - didn't you think that cake turned out well too?

Tam

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 28, 2013
1:05 PM

Post #9400378

Tammy, my Mexican maid said it was the best Tres Leche she had ever eaten. About the Windex and the granite, the only reason why I clean it so much is I cannot stand to see a smudge or fingerprint on the dang stuff. I depends upon how the light strikes the counter tops in each kitchen. At DM's the granite does not show the smudges. My Sandestin house was not as bad as this one. And bottom line is , it is I who is the real problem...too darn particular.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
1:29 PM

Post #9400408

BonnieB do you live close to Jeffersonville? Hope I remembered that right.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 28, 2013
2:11 PM

Post #9400455

We have had the A/C on a couple of times this week. I just yesterday turned the heat back on and it looks like I will need to turn the A/C back on soon

sandy

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 28, 2013
2:18 PM

Post #9400461

Hi all! The blizzard we just had on Friday was more like a strong wind and a few flurries. But it snowed again today, only it was calm, no wind. I drove through snowflakes this morning, but it was over until noon. A few inches of snow was all, yet I had to shovel when I got back home from work. Strange, instead of freezing now, the temps are going up for the next few days.

Bonnie, yummy! I have that recipe, but I have to figure out a way to do it. We don't have those kind of milks here, maybe except for the condensed milk. Your DM looks great!

Elsie, I agree with Debbie, you should see a doctor! Take care and get well soon!

Tam, can't wait to see your new kitchen!

Sandy, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for tomorrow. I'll be there with my gang!

Melva, so hot that you had the AC on? Wow!

BonnieB, it seems you have lots of work as a ministry.

Debbie, hooray for DS' last day of community service! My DS seems also not so dear these days. He would like to stay here and not pay for anything...not acceptable anymore!

Vicki, so nice you had DS' visiting even for a short visit. Don't work too hard!

Dianne, hooray for Quill going out by herself!

I'm ready to go to bed, it's late. Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Adina
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2013
3:57 PM

Post #9400548

Thanks for the recipe, Bonnie..how many people did the cake serve?
I did in fact, turn on the AC..then I took a nap and when I woke up it was chilly! I had forgotten to adjust the thermostat, and it was 60 degrees...oh well it is nice now that the door has been open...

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 28, 2013
4:51 PM

Post #9400589

Going to call it a night.
will try to post tomorrow after noon if I feel like it.
Told the doctor no pain pills this trip-have no wish to be sick as a dog.

Good night everyone

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
5:22 PM

Post #9400608

Good luck Sandy! We'll be thinking of you.

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
6:50 PM

Post #9400714

Sandy, me and Mr. B and Casper will be there with you tomorrow. I know that pain meds sometimes are a curse rather than a good thing. Be sure to ask if Tylenol will take care of the pain. Don't want you in any more discomfort than necessary.

Vicki, yes, I am about 60 miles from Jeffersonville, Indiana, if that is what you mean. Now if it is supposed to be in Kentucky, then there are several possibilities, and none of them are that name. Jefferson County which is where Louisville is, is right across the river from Jeffersonville, Indiana.

Melva, it is hard to believe that you needed the AC. Oh, not disbelieving you, but it is hard to believe the difference in temperatures. BTW, it did get to 55 here today, but it rained all day making it feel cooler than that. So a humid 55.

Bonnie, thanks for that recipe. I don't know that I will make it anytime soon, but it is something that would be different. Sounds like Wayne is a go getter. Glad that you slept later, even if you were up during the night. I think you are making progress.

Tammy, I feel excited like it is my kitchen getting the do over. Be sure to show is samples of everything when the decisions are made. I don't march to the beat of the fashion experts. I wear what I think looks good on me, and cut my hair in a style that I think is becoming. I don't have much of a neck, so a shorter cut is more flattering on me than longer hair.

Debbie, so have you made that appointment at the beauty shop for the color and cut? Makes you feel like a new woman.

Adina, isn't the weather weird all over the world. Snow one week and almost short sleeve shirt weather next. I do have a small ministry, but with the nursing home that will add lots of new experiences. I preach this next Sunday, and they have requested communion to be served. Now I am not allowed complete control of that service. The elements will have to be blessed by another ordained minister, and then I can serve. My life is so completelly different than what it used to be. I was a smoker, and have quit, never considered myself a drinker, but would ocassionaly have a glass of wine. And it is not something that I consciously chose to do, but the call to ministry made it all easy to give up. I still am very human and have my faults. I need to work on my disposition, as my DH can really get under my skin sometimes. I think it is the devil at work!

Well, I finally settled down and read this afternoon, then it was time to cook supper. That apple cobbler was really good, but DH ate just a little, and most of it is still here. I had just a few bites. DH ate cornbread crumbled in milk, and will probably have another glass of it before bedtime.

Nothing planned for tomorrow, but then again, something always needs attention.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2013
7:10 PM

Post #9400733

It was 80 degrees here today.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 28, 2013
7:12 PM

Post #9400736

Another AC day for sure. Hope you get to feeling better too. Nothing more aggravating than ears that hurt, or are fluid filled, or you just plain can't hear well.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 28, 2013
7:13 PM

Post #9400738

I'm about to close up for the night.

Just a comment on the cabinets - we visited the owner of the place selling the ones the contractor recommended. The construction is really good quality except the bottom of the drawers is 1/4" thick plywood. After reading a lot on the internet & consulting my brother I gather I should not be too concerned, except perhaps the wide drawers with my heavy pots & pans. The owner said my contractor could add a center rail support underneath the bottom.

We're going to look (my DH & I) at more showrooms on Sat. The other item to check is how close two side by side doors close. It seems like they should meet to 1/8" but even those we have at home (very high end 30yr old cabinets) are as much as 3/8" gap.

Good night all!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 28, 2013
7:15 PM

Post #9400740

BonnieB, my appt. is for 10:30 tomorrow morning! DH stopped on his way home for hair cut and I just looked at him when he walked in.

Said "I can't have you looking better then me" and laughed and walked away! I said at least you can see again with your eyebrows trimmed!!

Lord grant me patience!!!

Sandy, will be there with you tomorrow!!! Oh and Izzy is coming, said she would be on best behavior.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 28, 2013
7:23 PM

Post #9400745

Sandy we will be there also!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 28, 2013
7:59 PM

Post #9400805

I am feeling better..no twinges from my ear today...I worked outside and got the spinach and broccoli planted..the timing will be great if it rains like it is supposed to.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
4:35 AM

Post #9400967

Good Morning!

Melva - glad you are on the mend! Great to be out & gardening I bet. Hoping rain comes your way. :-)

Sandy - sure hope you can let us know how things go today. The whole crew is ready to help with the procedure. Scirocco said she's been studying up on the procedure on-line.

Tam
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2013
5:15 AM

Post #9400994

No rain yet..

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
5:20 AM

Post #9400998

Scirocco is quite knowledgeable! Sandy is having same procedure DH did last year, and he was walking with light "pressure" using crutches and with "nothing" within a few days. Thinking of you Sandy!!

I am beginning to think ya'll are right. This pain in the body is being made worse by the weather. Although it is in the 30's already and heading to 50's,
there is a front moving in...and I can barely move. I am sure it is part of the injury, but it is sure aggravated! Not looking forward to the salon chair and "leaning back" for the shampoo.

So much ice melting ...sounds like it is raining!

Coffee is brewing! Be back

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
5:35 AM

Post #9401009

Good morning, it looks to be a bright sunny day today, which will be welcome after yesterdays gray skies and continual rain.

DH got up early, went to have breakfast with a friend, and then they are rabbit hunting. Only 2 more days of the season left.

I thought I was alone in the house and heard a noise, which turned out to be my DS, who I thought was gone for the night and this morning. Glad my heart has slowed down!

Sandy, I am there a little late, but the critters wanted to be fed first.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2013
5:40 AM

Post #9401014

Thinking of you Sandy! If you see Corky, please explain to him that we are not all together so he can have a buffett.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
5:57 AM

Post #9401042

BonnieB, you know the rules on bunny hunting...we don't say that out loud. lol Was DS looking for some food? I swear all mine does is eat.

Just got a note from DH. Drive in to work he thought something was wrong with his car, felt like the tire was loose and going to fall off. He pulled over (with Shannon following him) and found they were driving on straight black eyes...no grip at all. Thankfully they both made it into work without incident.

DD has to leave there, and go to work at Target until 11:00 tonight, and back into work tomorrow morning again. She is going to be miserable and exhausted.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
6:04 AM

Post #9401055

Pixel decided she ought to clean up before she goes into the sterile room with Sandy...

Thumbnail by Tammy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
6:38 AM

Post #9401092

She is beautiful! I made the mistake of "straightening up" this morning, and folded one of my blankets that goes on the back of the couch.

Imagine my "panic" when I hear digging and think "OH NO!" thinking a kitty was to be bad. Nope...Poor Franky was cold, pulled the blanket down
and crawled inside of it. He is my only "good boy" right now...at 13 years of age!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 29, 2013
6:45 AM

Post #9401101

She sure is the highlight of that sink! Glad it was an okay sound you heard Debbie!

Gotta go and feed you know who. Pay some bills as in property taxes. Check the onions I have frying for supper to go with the hamburgers I already fried.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
6:54 AM

Post #9401114

Vicki, did you see my message about Jeffersonville?

Pixel has already had her bath and then cleaned the sink. What a good kitty she is!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 29, 2013
7:07 AM

Post #9401132

Yes BonnieB I did see it. According to the map on the back of his catalog it is just south of Mt. Sterling just off of 460. The place is called Kentucky Mustang. It all depends on if they have the part he wants. He might of been joking also. Can't take travel plans too serious.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 29, 2013
7:24 AM

Post #9401151

Sandy I didn't get back here yesterday but that doesn't mean I wasn't thinking about you. Right there with you !

Snowed all night - just stopped about an hour ago. Very pretty. But, rain is forecasted for this afternoon.

Need to clean the ashes out of the stove so I can get some heat in these rooms.
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
9:41 AM

Post #9401286

thanks every one I am hom, very tired but no pain right now. nap time
sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 29, 2013
9:50 AM

Post #9401292

Thanks Sandy you go and rest do you feel all those furbabies by you?
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
10:59 AM

Post #9401350

Glad to hear that you are home. You can report later after the nap about how it went.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
11:01 AM

Post #9401353

Glad you are home safe...rest up!!

Home, cold and hungry! Will be back in a bit.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2013
11:05 AM

Post #9401362

Look at this kid...it is a filly
http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=starlight
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
11:44 AM

Post #9401395

Sandy, good news about the no pain. HOpe you have a wonderful nap.

I am back from the doctor - feeling really crappy and much poorer. I have a strong antibiotic and an inhaler. I have been wheezing and didn't know it. I sure hope my head clears up soon - I doubt there is much room left for any brain matter.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
11:45 AM

Post #9401397

Elsie, how are we going to get our internet doctor business off the ground if YOU are sick and not following directions. My word!
Sure hope you feel better. I prescribe some tea...and a nap!

Melva, been following that...what a beauty!
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 29, 2013
11:56 AM

Post #9401403

Glad you are home Sandy, I know no matter what you will feel better being there rather than the hospital or rehab. Even happier you are having a nap and at the moment in no pain.

Still no rain or freezing rain just fog moving in. My joints are not at all happy with the weather today. Going to move some wood inside the house ( lol, you must think I don't do anything else and I have to admit some days that is exactly how I feel) si if it does get really nasty I have dry wood. Cleaned out the ash box but am not going to dust until tomorrow. Heavens did I just say that? My poor mam is probably having a conniption. Not that she dusted when I lived at home - I did the dusting, but she wanted the house dusted every day.

Like Bonnie I feel like this is my kitchen Tam. Thank you so much for including us on your adventure Tam and Gary. Is Gary as excited about the kitchen as you are ? I wish I had put granite in like I had planned but when it came time to pick the granite out the 'budget' had sort of hit Warren smack in the head the night before and he decided we didn't need granite. Didn't help that the salesman said the only place for granite as far as he was concerned was on your grave marker. Maybe in a couple of years I will replace the countertop just can't see replacing a perfectly good one right now.

Please forgive my typos. I see I am still typing like an Italian as Warren would say. For no known reason that I can see I drop my finger at the end of a word and add the letter 'a'.My first inlaw family would have loved it - they would have understood everything that I was typing.

My neighbour whose DH passed in December called me last night to double check that I would check on her house until late March. She had all the water pipes drained so that won't be a problem for me. She called me from Toronto so I guess she really was confident I was going to be able to add her house to my list of placesa that I check. The reality of keeping a house up here in such a remote carea has really sunk in for her. Her DH did absolutely everything including the cooking so she knew nothing about keeping the fire going, removing the ashes, what to do about ice build up - the whole 9 yards. She is going to I think she said Cape Coral for a few weeks and then on a cruise. I hope she really enjoys herself and comes home less stressed.

OK Diesel is barking at the door to come in - this is highly unusual so I best go have a look.

Stay warm everyone! Or in Melva's case stay cool!!
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
12:19 PM

Post #9401430

Dianne, we have pouring rain here for the last couple hours. Started while I was getting my hair done and I told Kim "don't bother" when it came
to drying it. Would be soaked before I reached the car!

Made a grilled cheese and followed up with a cup of hot tea & vienna wafers.

DH is doing his pherisis donations today, so won't be home til 6:00 and then has to pack for his trip. Told me he would bring dinner home
so I did a happy dance, no doubt he is hungry for KFC and that will be it.

He has taken the chili I made to work yesterday, and froze the rest. I made a HUGE dutch oven full, and only about 3 servings left. Even Shane loved
it.

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
12:32 PM

Post #9401451

We just had flash flood warnings along the top of the tv. This is for NJ and PA. Since the ground is frozen there is no place for the rain to go.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
12:56 PM

Post #9401489

I am doing good. so far DM is trying to help.
The doctor tried to give me a RX with stuff in it that makes me very very sick but I refused to get it.
The nurses asked if I wanted my DB to come back and wait with me before I went back. They laughed when I told them no because it would be like talking to a brick.
My leg is thickly wrapped but they want me to put ice on it-???? There is no way the effect of ice would be felt through all this wrapping but I am doing it.

It is 77 degrees looks like I need to turn on the A/C again

Sandy

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
1:06 PM

Post #9401568

Sandy, even though you may not feel the cold, with your temperatures there, and the heavy bandage, it will still keep your leg from getting warmer and encouraging swelling. Keep that ice on there even if you don't feel it.

Debbie, we are having chicken livers for supper, gag, DH and DS requested that, and DS better walk through the door soon as he is going to prepare them.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
1:11 PM

Post #9401576

Sandy, DH had to use the ice also...and it does help. You may think not, but it does...do it woman! LOL

Chicken livers? Ewwwww Now if it was chicken gizzards, I would be there in a minute. Love them breaded and friend up.
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
1:13 PM

Post #9401584

Debbie, ewwww to the gizzards. Always seemed nothing but grisle to me. Too tough and chewy. Livers even fried crispy are soft and mushy tasting. I think it is a texture thing with me, as really the taste isn't that bad, and you know we do need the iron.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 29, 2013
1:41 PM

Post #9401613

Fried chicken livers and gizzardas...set a place at the table for me. I'm a-comin! Yum

Bonnie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
2:08 PM

Post #9401633

I love chicken livers but then I love calf livers also. DM use to be able to cook them and they where not mushy in the middle. would love to have some.

Yes I am using the ice peas. Sent DB store to buy a bunch of them

Sandy

DavidofDeLand

DavidofDeLand
DeLand, FL
(Zone 9b)

January 29, 2013
3:03 PM

Post #9401711

Was that a peppermint stripe Camellia way back there Wren! Wow! Good evening.

Thumbnail by DavidofDeLand

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 29, 2013
3:23 PM

Post #9401731

I coming with Bonnie for dinner BonnieB. Set a place for me please. Hope your DS is up to cooking for 2 more - I will eat heartily I can assure you - love chicken livers. The last time I made them I made the appetizer Rumaki - I don't need to bacon but people seem to like them that way.

Good to see you post Sandy. Glad your DM is trying to help.
D

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
3:39 PM

Post #9401754

Hi David, glad you made it over to "the thread" to chat.

I had a nap...seemed to be a requirement today. Weather man just said 60 degrees tomorrow...and 17 on Thursday!!!!

melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 29, 2013
3:39 PM

Post #9401755

Another vote for chicken livers...welcome to the 'new person' we like new blood (so to speak) Glad to have you join us, David.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
3:51 PM

Post #9401773

Dave I will have to check will be right back

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
3:56 PM

Post #9401780

here we go, this is both of the new Camellias that I bought.
Both can have everything from solid colors or stripped
Click on the pictures their names are on there.

I am still doing great.

Oh David on our Florida Fourm.
David a number of our friends here are transplanted Floridians.

Sandy

Thumbnail by wren107   Thumbnail by wren107         

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
4:15 PM

Post #9401818

Sandy, you might want to leave the AC on at a higher temp. It might reduce the humidity and make your knee feel better - actually all of your joints.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
4:55 PM

Post #9401872

I'm not a fan of any organ meat. I kinda grazed. Pulled out braised summer vegetables from the freezer, roasted some brussel sprouts, scrambled a couple eggs and finished with an orange. I am stuffed! lol

Sandy - so glad things are going well so far. Scirocco said the doctor did a good job, based on all the research she'd one.

Welcome David!

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
4:56 PM

Post #9401876

Thank you but the A/C does not cool this room, we need new dukes(?) the mice that get up there some time back chewed holes in them

I am going to call it a night.

Good night everyone

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 29, 2013
5:03 PM

Post #9401885

Yay! Thats me, I am a transplant! Yiippeee!!!

I love sunrises, and sunsets, and beach pictures...and hushpuppies, catfish...grits!!! Yep, I am a Florida girl 100%

HOWEVER, I do not like plastic pink flamingos.

It is so nasty out, can't see across the street from the fog. DD is on her way home from work. Sigh.

Debbie
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 29, 2013
6:19 PM

Post #9401957

Hello David, you found a great bunch of gals here. I am Bonnie, have 2 JRT Mr. B and Casper. Loves of my life. Welcome.

Dianne, Bonnie and Melva, did you get enough to eat? We had green beans, mashed potatoes, gravy, biscuits and stewed tomatoes. DS did the potatoes, gravy and mashed potatoes, and I did the beans and tomatoes. He is a great cook, matter of fact has worked as a chef in various places. Some of his cooking is not my style, as I am country all the way through. Yep, love the fried fish, cole slaw and hush puppies but count me out on grits or hominy. Love okra too.

Sandy, ducts, yep the mice and little critters can really do a number on them. However, if it is not totally destroyed there is a type of tape that can be put on and it is a quick repair. However with that being said, I am not about to go under the house to see what is living under there! Last summer, I was having so much problem with the ants, I went in under our house a gallon of Home Defense spray in my hands, and was so angry at the ants that I did not even think of what else could be under there. Not only did I go one time, I went three times until someone pointed out that snakes like cool crawl spaces. Believe me, I can put up with ants better than encountering a snake. Bet I would have made a perfect trap door in the floor had I encountered one.

Tomorrow is grocery/errand day, and I need to sit and make a list. Even if I forget the list, the very act of writing things down, usually I can remember what was on the list.

Today, has seemed like another long day. I have been up since 6:00, and no nap. Tonight our weather sounds like it could make it very hard to sleep. High winds, tornado watches, and then after that front passes, back to cold temperatures.

Tammy, your meal sounds good, and I could eat that way if it wasn't for the DH. He likes meat, bread and potatoes, doesn't think he has eaten unless those 3 things are on the menu.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
6:51 PM

Post #9402003

I'm off to bed soon. I got a lot accomplished early this morning and tonight on the plant list for the flower show. Checked the list against the labels we have and sent what we need to the man who is making them. (After having the list reviewed for correctness by the official Penn Horticulture Society nomenclature expert. Got a few other items worked out & emails sent.

Now I'm still grinding on the kitchen cabinet selection. My contractor said he had not had good experience with the quality of a local factory. Hillary Clinton bought hers there. Makes me a little nervous about him as I have heard nothing but raves about them. We're going to look at more options for cabinets. (Note I did check reviews on my contractor & his references are impeccable. Just raves.)

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
9:16 PM

Post #9402131

Can not sleep, no pain just not sleepy

Bonnieb our ducts are in our so called attic- to tiny to use as a attic

Sandy

Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 30, 2013
12:57 AM

Post #9402169

I'm up making popcorn Sandy. I'll share!!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 30, 2013
2:43 AM

Post #9402209

I will be right there!!!!!

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2013
4:37 AM

Post #9402254

Good Morning!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2013
5:22 AM

Post #9402283

Good morning, after dire warnings weather wise, nothing much happened. I am going today to apply to be a weather forecaster, you can be so wrong and still be paid.

Grocery/errand day.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 30, 2013
6:23 AM

Post #9402340

Morning,

Coffee is brewing and morning chores are done, critters are fed.

BonnieB, the weather here is "turning". It is so warm out right now, it says 56 on the therm. with high of 64 expected.
Winds are picking up already.

Dianne, I made popcorn late Monday night. Was having a craving just like you.

Sandy, Anesthesia messed up my sleep for a couple days also...get some rest today.

What is Vicki fixing for breakfast? I need blackberries and am out. Maybe an sweet little clementine!

Debbie

elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2013
7:25 AM

Post #9402405

Sandy, how are you feeling today?

We could have chatted last night. I was up - it was too cold or too hot. My humidifier died last night. I'm heading out to buy a new one.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 30, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9402409

Elsie, walmart has one that is an elephant...the little trunk blows the moisture up in the air. O:)

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 30, 2013
7:34 AM

Post #9402413

Good morning. Guess I had too much good food at BonnieBs last night. I am technically awake, but falling asleep in my chair. Wayne keeps calling to me to keep me from hitting my head on the table where the PC is. Yesterday was a rough day for me. I just didn't feel well yet had to work along with Linda and Wayne to purge this house. You cannot imagine how much stuff I have gotten rid of. DMs garage is almost full and we still have my bedroom and closet and the kitchen and a couple if cabinets in the garage. Plus items that have to be removed from mothers house. I don't think it will be possible to accomplish it all this trip.

Welcome, Dick. Happy to have you join us. I lived in Miami from 1982 - 1991 and am presently making Daytoa Beach Shores my new home. I have two big Maine Coon boys, Swiper and Stetson.

I have to get up and move around before I pass out.

BBL.
Bonnie

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
7:49 AM

Post #9402428

Morning! Breakfast is up in the air yet. Got up late and was thinking of going to town but maybe DH and I can go tonight and have supper out! Well it is an idea that could work if we don't get any of that white stuff.

Welcome Dave. Love the picture you posted is that from your garden?

I vote for liver and gizzards. Use to have a resturant that deepfried them and they were so good! You just have to make sure you cook the gizzards long enough and then they are nice and tender.

Deb I have to go and look up that humidifier. I just set up ours today. I just got tired of it being so dry in here.

HAve been getting the seeds I ordered. Should organize them. I really need to write down some of the garden ideas I have been having. Will not remember half of them.

I can't eat popcorn yet. Don't think my gums will like it if it gets in where that tooth was pulled.

Our weather has been crappy. DH watched a lady hit her brakes and go in the ditch yesterday morning on the way to work. The town I work in the ambulance went out and picked up a person with chest pains. Ended up driving off the road down a 10 foot bank. All went to the hospital. No one seriously hurt. For 10 years they have been trying to get a railing put up! Maybe now? Had at least a 1/2 inch of ice. Was suppose to snow last night and we didn't get any. Maybe today.

Time to feed Ty. He jumps everytime I move! Goofball! This is what it looks like outside. Oh now I see snow now!!!

Thumbnail by ves522

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
7:51 AM

Post #9402436

Bonnie we crossed. Hope the moving around helped! Sorry the sorting and stuff is so hard. But glad you have good help.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 30, 2013
7:53 AM

Post #9402439

We are up to 61!!! BUT the rain has started. Shane thinks he is wearing shorts. Told him in 6 hours it will be in the 20s..."OH" and back upstairs to change.

An owl...a frog...and elephant...and several others

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0&search_query=humidifiers&facet=shipping_offers%3A97+Cent+Shipping&_refineresult=true&cat_id=4044_90548&povid=cat1090104-env430704-moduleS013013-lLinkSI3ShopHumidifiersbyCategory97Cent&_mm=

A dolphin, cow, pig...so many on other pages!

This message was edited Jan 30, 2013 10:55 AM
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2013
9:22 AM

Post #9402513

Bonnie, how long are you in TX for? I hope you get most of it done.

Welcome Dave!

Vicki, is that a neighbors house?

Debbie, I didn't even see any animal vaporizors - there was slim pickings.

I did pick up a demineralization thing for my current vaporizor - it works for a minute and then doesn't mist anymore. I'm going to call or email the company. I did buy a small one. I hope that helps with the dry air. It sure is strange weather. I got outside and I had an almost flat tire. I couldn't get it filled with the portable thing I have. So off the the gas station.

When I got home there were three guys standing at the end of the next street over. They were waiting for a modular home I think. There were two tractor trailers and I think the two sides of the house go together. It must be fun - the road out here has no shoulders.

I am now officially wiped out. I'm hoping to get to work tomorrow but I really don't want to talk to anyone.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
9:29 AM

Post #9402518

Elsie go to the thingy dingy Deb posted above you. There are lots but they have to be ordered. That is my house.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
10:23 AM

Post #9402565

Just got done cutting my hair. DH will have to do some trimming but I think it will be okay. Good thing cuts can look any old way now! LOL

Have to go and put wood in the stove and let Ty out. If I can manage on the ice I might fill the bird feeders. At least one.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2013
12:18 PM

Post #9402707

Vicki - I swear the "in" style is to have your hair look hacked in a random pattern. DH & I are appalled at one of the characters' on Bones' do. She's beautiful but has a horrendous cut. So maybe if you get DH to hack it further, you'd be in style. :-) How is that tooth / mouth doing?

I had a run of popcorn nights. I think 3 nights in a row I had a big bowl of buttered popcorn.

Its very wet & windy but also very warm here. Very odd weather!

Gotta grab another conf call soon. I'm heading out for dinner right after my last call. Have a great evening everyone!

Tam

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 30, 2013
12:24 PM

Post #9402715

Vicky, very soon my DD will be able to trim our hair. She is learning that at a hairdresser training and she aks for models...read "victims"!LOL So far no one but me wants to make that sacrifice!LOL So, anyone... ?

Sandy, I'm so happy you are back home and all went well! How are you feeling today?

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
12:41 PM

Post #9402731

Adina I would be a victim! LOL As long as she learns to listen to what the client wants she should do good!

Tam I think I know which one you are talking about and I totally agree on that cut on her. Enjoy your supper.

Still blowing and snowing. Gotta go out and do the stove. Just dreading it!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 30, 2013
1:27 PM

Post #9402787

Adina I am doing good. I am back in the TV room so all is good. I am being very care full about not doing to much.

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
1:32 PM

Post #9402795

Tam the mouth is healing slowly. I took my last antibiotic yesterday.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9402896

Who on "Bones" has an odd cut? I love that show but am unable to watch it except for on Netflix...is it Angie? or Cam?

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
2:52 PM

Post #9402897

Cam is the one I was talking about.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 30, 2013
2:59 PM

Post #9402907

Dear heavens. My son is making me dinner. He made cookies today too. I might faint.

DH is at the airport, supposed to leave at 5:50ish. Now delayed to 7:50, plane JUST left Philly! The weather is so so bad looking at the flight tracker and
come 7:00 here, the wind is supposed to pick up.

Those haircuts are something. Nate, with his gorgeous curls, comes over with his "new do" and it is short all over with this one LONG flap hanging in his face,
very asymmetrical...He looks like he is constantly tilting his head!!!

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
3:06 PM

Post #9402919

Deb now those are really ugly haircuts! I am going to make brats in a blanket for supper and baked beans. Hope DH is happy with it. He considers something like that a snack. But it is what I want. Don't forget to feel Shane's forehead!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 30, 2013
4:09 PM

Post #9403019

I am going to turn this off as this stupid thing is hick up and I am about to scream!!!

Good Night

Sandy

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 30, 2013
4:20 PM

Post #9403030

Nite Sandy!
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2013
6:27 PM

Post #9403227

Good evening. Been gone most of the day and it has been a wild weather day. Started off with high winds and tornados that touched down about 40 miles from us. No damage here, but I heard it raining and the wind really blowing. Listened for a bit, and decided there was nothing I could do about it, so turned over and slept about another 2 hours.

We started the day off with 60 something degrees. and the temps fell all day. About 4:30 it started raining and rained hard, with wind blowing and now our temps are supposed to be in the 20's overnight. Talk about a roller coaster.

Sandy, it sounds like progress for you today. Hope that you are not down long at all.

Bonnie I hope that you get some rest and don't wear yourself completely out. Maybe you need to just plan another trip to finish up.

Vicki, around here, I tell DH what I am cooking in order for him to find food elsewhere if he doesn't like it. He doesn't care for pasta and I do and could eat it every night, but I do make it ocasionally for me, and he does eat it. Very seldom does he dictate what I plan or cook. Just tell your DH that a certain night is your choice and cook what you want.

Elsie, I am sorry that you are still not feel any better. The first year we were in this house I guess because all the materials were new, the air was so dry, so we ran a humidifier in the winter for the first couple of years. It doesn't do that now, or we are more used to it. If the humidifier/vaporizer isn't that old, then I would contact the company. You would be surprised about what a complaint can do! Sure hope you get to feeling better. Is there some one else that could do the phones tomorrow and let you take another day to sort of rest your throat and voice? If not stay at home, for pete's sake you are sick.

Tammy, hope your dinner out is/was really good. Are you acting as the Chairperson of the flower show again this year? At least with your help, I know it will be a success. Chicks still doing well?

Debbie, OMGosh, I would be falling down I would be so far in shock with DS cooking. Does it seem that all the strife is between your DH and DS? Seems like he does better when the DH is gone. Yep, my nose is long, sorry if I overstepped the line. But that is the way my DH and DS is, and it sounds so familiar. If DS does something that DH doesn't like, I hear it first, just like I am the offender. Gets pretty tense around here sometimes.

Melva did you get your garden planted? I just can't imagine have temps warm enough to do that, when it is so cold here.

Dianne, up so late having popcorn. With what you ate at my house last night you shouldn't be very hungry. hehe. Glad that all of you enjoyed my supper.

Well, we had talked about going to Florida in a few weeks, but we have to find someone to take care of all the animals, and we are not having much luck on that front. DH and DS had a major falling out, and they are both too stubborn to settle it. DS could do it but DH is too stubborn to ask him, and heaven help if I were to make the arrangements.

Well, I am off to bed shortly. I went to bed and read for a good while last night, so may do that again tonight.

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2013
6:50 PM

Post #9403240

Back from dinner. Very good!

Yes - its Cam that had her hair hacked! She's such a beautiful woman we just hate that cut!

Debbie - just enjoy the cookies. :-) Its NASTY here - the rain was so loud we couldn't talk on the ride home. I sure hope your DH gets there safely

Adina - I used to get my hair cut at the beauty school when I was in college. They would charge a very small amount compared to a regular shop since their customers' were their victims. :-)

BonnieB - we're getting that cold tomorrow I guess. Chicks are good. And this is my last flower show as chief worrier. lol Can't wait 'til its over!

Loretta - I find a humidifier makes a huge difference, especially if you have hot air heat. Sure hope you get that working again. And feel better!

Vicki - sounds like you are on the mend. I love just having a dinner like you're having. Who cares if its not a "normal" main dish!

Bonnie - just think of all that got done and don't stress over how much is left to do.

~~ Melva & Dianne

Tam
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 30, 2013
6:53 PM

Post #9403242

BonnieB, the weather sure has been scary. It's pouring here and it's supposed to get very cold. My Dad said the same thing about staying home from work tomorrow. I will feel badly if I use up all of my sick time in January. I will have to see how I feel tomorrow.
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2013
6:54 PM

Post #9403243

It turned cold again. I will have to plant the potatoes later...

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 30, 2013
7:08 PM

Post #9403264

Melva - Yukon golds?

Sandy - I hope you sleep well
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 30, 2013
7:20 PM

Post #9403292

My gosh! DH is STILL at the Rochester airport, plane had maintenance issues and had to wait for another from Philly! SO, supposed to
load now at 10:40 and possibly into Philly at 11:40. He is falling asleep at the airport. There are four of them and now all are concerned!
The wind is just starting to pick up too. Going to be a long night!

BonnieB, I think the same thing and have for quite some time.

DS came home early, helped put groceries away...made the cookies and ALSO...made bacon cheeseburgers on grill that were awesome.
He has been home since 5:00. Shocked!!
melvatoo
Denton, TX
(Zone 7a)

January 30, 2013
7:27 PM

Post #9403300

Yep, the Yukon Golds.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 30, 2013
7:43 PM

Post #9403316

Yukon golds make such good dishes!! Love them

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013
2:05 AM

Post #9403417

Good morning everyone. Night was good but leg is stiff this morning. Think I over did it this morning. Plus the place on the back of my right hand where skin was pulled off by take is bothering me.

Tam worm on the way to the chickens.

waving at everyone, think I have not sleeped out yet

sandy

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 31, 2013
3:34 AM

Post #9403435

Good morning. Been up about an hour and a half. Trying to get through two more "Bonnie Decide" boxes before Linda arrives today. Margarita will be here, too. She was sick on Saturday. Judy reminded me of all the Talavera suns I have hanging on the back porch. I have to get them in the estate sale. I think they will sell well. It looks like the estate sale will be the weekend of 2/22. I will leave Katy this Sunday 2/3 and return 2/12 to begin working with Carol, the senior mover, to pack up and ship the items from mom's house that are going to my children. Yesterday the Sears repairman came. My dryer needed a new board - $500+. Thank goodness it was still under the warranty I purchased
five years ago when the first board went out. At that time it was $500+ for the board or $500+ for a 5 year waranty on the washer and dryer which would cover the replacement of the broken board so I took the warranty.

Also had the plumber out to repair a leaky faucet in the kitchen an an electrician to replace a ballast in a light fixture in the laundry room. It has been busier than Grand Central Station here.

Well, I had better get going, I have been at this post for over an hour now - entirely too long.,

BBL,

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
4:56 AM

Post #9403471

Good morning,

You can all gladly toss the worm to the chickens...and Sandy, Isabelle is filling in for Andre' with a "demon girl" issue. Up all night with the winds
and not a happy girl.

Got a note from DH, the plane finally got into Philly at 11:57, and by the time they got a car rental, didn't get to a hotel and in room until 1:30 a.m.
He had been up since 4:15 a.m., worked all day, and at the airport since 4:00 p.m. to go through security and hopefully leave at 5:50 flight.

We are now having wind storm here with snow/sleet mixed in.

I am still shocked about DS last night. We watched Crashing Cars, American Pickers and then a couple other shows...including Sponge Bob.
I even got a kiss goodnight. Praying this keeps up today and tomorrow...and is not the "calm before the storm."

Bonnie, do not over do it...rest when you can. Wish I was near to go to your sale, bet there is some beautiful items there.

Elsie, DH said there were thunderstorms all over NJ yesterday and when he flew in last night...you be careful also!!

Vicki, I don't know what is for breakfast...I need coffee IV today I think after my girls antics. Maybe i can put oatmeal in the IV too. lol

BonnieB, Did DS and is SO split up? He is just there alone? Sounds like you might have a busy day today also.

Tam, I am watching these remodeling shows and really like the Shaker cabinets I am seeing, not a fan of all this gray or dark dark wood, just not
my style...but some wonderful set ups.

Melva, did you get your seedlings started? How is Corky?

Sandy, keep ice on that knee...even if you think you can't feel it...and neosporin or such on your hand.

OK, I am going to tackle this dog...and the coffee pot!

Debbie, who is waitin for flying monkeys to show up!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 31, 2013
5:09 AM

Post #9403484

Deb I didn't know you were waiting for the moneys. I'll see what I can do. LOL! I think you are going Looney Toones on us. Hey, holding my breath. re: DS. Waiting for the other shoe to drop dontchaknow. Hope I am wrong and this is the beginning of his coming to his senses.

Elsie are you okay? Any damage from yesterday's violent weather?

Sandy glad to hear you are doing well following your procedure.

Back to work for me.

Bonnie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 31, 2013
5:16 AM

Post #9403491

Good MOrning!

Our electricity went off right as DH was getting up to check the time. It came back in a couple minutes. We've had howling winds all night. So glad your DH landed safely last night Debbie, was not a good night for air travel.

The contractor got back to me and was confused about the cabinet brands. I was worried that he would criticize a brand that appears to be really high quality. There is Craft-maid in Reading, Pa (just a few miles away). Hillary Clinton bought her cabinets there last year. There is also a brand Kraftmaid sold by the big box stores. Quite difference in quality (and probably $$). This all really only matters 'cause I was feeling like I couldn't trust him if he was saying Craftmaid was poorly made. Now I'm more comfortable.

Sandy - I'm sure they gave you exercises to do? That should help with the stiffness too. And those cold peas will help with the swelling. I sure to hope you get full mobility w/o pain is short order!

Debbie - hope that Izzy calms down and lets you squeeze in a nap. Your DS sounds like he's happy to be done with his community service!

Loretta - how are you feeling today?

Bonnie - you are making good progress. I'll just be glad for you to get to the Shores and get that new sleep doo-hicky so you can feel rested after a good nights sleep. And then I bet you'll have energy for all this stress. And do remember - this is the end of the big stuff you need to do. When those homes are cleared out and on the market, it'll be a few decisions & some paperwork but that's it.

BonnieB - what's on your docket for the day?

Vicki - I just can't imagine how awful that ambulance accident must have been. We haven't had that much ice this year, thankfully. I'm getting in my last seed order today or tomorrow according to their email. I'm doing my onions by sets rather than seeds this year.

~~ Melva, Dianne and Adina. And anyone else I forgot to comment to!

Sun is out and its wonderful!
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
5:22 AM

Post #9403498

Bonnie, the wind here is gusting to 60 mph. House seems to be "shivering" with it.

I too am waiting for the other shoe to drop with DS...but I think with DH being gone, he seems relaxed. I have seen
this before when DH was out of town...and when I am gone, DS is not home at all according to DH.

Tam, I have heard of both cabinet brands. Do what is right for you, your likes and budget. If you have friends that have had good experience,
trust it.

It is still very dark here and although I see no snow falling...the ground is spattered with white now.

Adina, are you getting this bad weather also??

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013

Post #9403518

Strange weather we went from upper 70's yesterday to freeze warnings tonight.
So far I had only a few twinges(?) in the knee. I am moving it. My ankles are not hurting either. My The papers with the instructions is in the car!!! Stupid brother!!!!

This laptop has hiccups.

sandra

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2013
5:50 AM

Post #9403522

Good morning. The wind howled all night here, with intermittant rain, hard rain that was hitting the bedroom windows. Mr B had a period of time that he was in the closet, but came back to bed and snuggled very close to me.

Don't know what is on my agenda, other than a run to the bank. We are getting checks for the church for a memorial for a lady who just passed, and I have to set up an account to handle that. Have no idea what we will purchase with the money as a memorial item in the church.

Anyway it is colder than blue blazes here, and I am heading for a warm shower and to get dressed. The house can stand a good vacuuming, and that is probably what I will do.

Debbie, yes the SO is NOT here and at first DS seemed to be very content, but evidently the ill will feelings have worn off, and reconciliation may be in the air. But I am staying out of that, I am not for it, but he is a grown man, so if his choice is that, I will accept it. DH and DS are just like oil and water and they will NEVER get along. It makes me so sad, as DS is an only child and I think some kind of relationship with his DD is very important to him. Not for me to try to instigate anything, they need to do it on their own.

Bonnie, hope progress is made today, but you take care that you don't wear yourself out.

Sandy, take it easy, and put something on that hand.

Tam, glad the cabinet question has been cleared up.

Vicki, back to work for you today?

Melva, we have snow flurries this morning, so our weather sure changed.

Off to the shower, and will check in shortly.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 31, 2013
5:53 AM

Post #9403527

Morning!

Cereal this morning. Slept hard last night. If DH said anything to me this morning I didn't hear him.

Elsie did you make it to work today? Would also hate to see you use all your sick days in Jan.

Sandy listen to the girls. Have a good early nap.

Deb does Izzy just get gassy or does that mean she ate something? Can you give her Pepto? Enjoy the time with DS. Might be time to have a good talk with him and maybe he will tell you more of how he is feeling. My son was like that after he moved out.

Tam I buy onion sets at the farm market I go to. They are cheap and I can hand pick them.

Better go and find that cereal and feed you know who. Who has his head in the closet waiting for me to move.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 31, 2013
5:56 AM

Post #9403532

BonnieB we crossed. Yes back to work today. You can always put a bug in DH's ear about son every once in a while.. That's not too much to say. Just a hint if the timing is right to make him maybe think.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
6:10 AM

Post #9403548

Vicki, it wasn't her tummy...it was the wind howling and hurting her ears. Then she would hear something "magnified" outside and start barking. Maybe one trip was for a pee break...but she would go out there and sit in the middle of the yard...and just look around.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 31, 2013
6:48 AM

Post #9403575

AHHH! she was looking for spooks and goblins!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
7:02 AM

Post #9403592

She was looking for something, hasn't left my side all morning.

I am somewhat excited as the "collars" I ordered for the cats should be delivered today. Kris told me about them and I sure
hope that along with the Feliway it gets some order in their "society". Putting them on Huck, Axl and possibly Daisy...although
I think if the boys are under control she will be fine.

ves522

ves522
Jim Falls, WI
(Zone 4a)

January 31, 2013
7:45 AM

Post #9403634

Deb I sure hope that works on the cats. Really don't know how long I could of put up with that.

Have 2 loads of laundry washed. One is drying. Have 2 other loads to put away. So I suppose I had better go and do that! Then it will be time to go out and check the stove. Finish feeding the birds and cleaning off the jeep. Have been hearing some wind. Must say this has been a windy winter!

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 31, 2013
7:48 AM

Post #9403638

Sandy - can you call the hospital/rehab/doctor to get them to email you the instructions?

Tam
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2013
7:54 AM

Post #9403651

Adina, I meant to tell you yesterday, here in Kentucky when you are going to learn hair cutting, the school has a salon and the more advanced students take customers who either make appointments or take people who just "walk in", and they are the victims. They charge a very low fee, to pay for the products they use.

When my DS was going to barber college, I was a frequent customer of the school. Could get some good cuts, perms and color for a very nominal fee.

It is still snowing, just flurries right now, but great big flakes. I need to run out to the bank, and stop by a church member's house to drop off some church records. Brrr, I am dreading going out.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2013
9:04 AM

Post #9403741

Sandy, Tammy has a good idea about the instructions. Or can you call one of your neighbors to get it out of your car?

It was storming terribly last night and early this morning. Lots of high winds and lots of rain. The iceberg in my driveway is considerably smaller. The majority of snow on the ground is gone. I got up this morning, called work and then had breakfast. Then I crawled back into bed. I feel a little more rested. It was hard to sleep last night with the storm. I just started to take the mucinex to see if this will break up. I'm going to heat up some chicken broth and have lunch.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013
9:13 AM

Post #9403749

I did put stuff on hand and last night I put the special honey on it and that seems to have taken care of it.

This is my third knee surgery so I know most of it by heart. Was just hoping there was more notes, as my stupid brother did not tell me any thing the doctor told him. From the pictures it was a mess in there.

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 31, 2013
10:33 AM

Post #9403809

Sandy - they showed you pictures of the inside of your knee? cool! (and kinda yucky too)

I got in my third workout of the week. This one was almost my normal! 3.25mi and 550cal burned.
In for a quick check of emails for work and then a shower & back to work.

Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
11:07 AM

Post #9403838

Tam, it is kind of procedure now. I have them of my shoulder, DH's elbow...and knee. Don't think we will mount them on the wall any time soon. lol

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013
12:08 PM

Post #9403891

True they are not wall art. They cut thee tiny holes in you skin, through one a light in inserted, one a camera and one the tool they use to lean away the damage area. The holes require only one stitch to close

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
12:20 PM

Post #9403898

Sounds just like DH's...laproscopic. He healed so nice and barely any scaring.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013
12:34 PM

Post #9403911

this is the second one on this knee so I will have 6 tiny nicks in it

Sandy
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

January 31, 2013
1:35 PM

Post #9403963

Going to quickly post while the hydro is back on. The winds are mighty and the hydro hasa been off and on since 2 am. Think I will get the generator set to go as high winds are forecasted for all night . Diesel and the cats are joining our Miss Izzy and going 'wild and crazy' with the wind. Both cts cry when the wind howls too loudly. Diesel just gets hyper and constantly motors around the upstairs of the house.

Hope you are feeling better today Elsie. Did you get to work?

(((Sandy))) as a multi knee surgery patient I so understand what you are going through. Neat on the pics of the knee though.You watch you don't over exyend yourself issy!

Lights are flickering so had better go. ~~~~ to you all.
Not only is is very windy the temp has fallen double digits in the last 24 hrs. Brrrr!
Dianne

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
2:25 PM

Post #9404007

Dianne, stay safe! Izzy is still upset...had a nap with her snoring and all, and now pacing again with heavy panting.

We were 65 yesterday...and at 20 tonight. Wind is gusting close to 60 mph.

DH sent me a text about 4:00 that the power was out at the plant he is working at.

DS was out of here at 12:30...and back to the same old. Hasn't been home since.

Stay safe everyone...

Debbie

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

January 31, 2013
5:13 PM

Post #9404184

Our power flickered off & on this morning. Tonight we visited a kitchen showroom. The car was coated in snow when we came out. Was a huge shock as it was in the 40s during the day. Definitely getting colder here!

The visit to the showroom was time well spent. These guys sell a nice higher end semi-custom line that looked higher quality to the one we'd gotten a quote on but no spec's online so couldn't be sure. After seeing it, my DH (uber-picky & very well educated wood worker/cabinet maker) said they didn't look much different quality wise. So I'll get a quote but I think the ones we picked are going to be less expensive.

Loretta - how are you feeling tonight? Did the extra sleep & chicken soup help?

Tam

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

January 31, 2013
5:18 PM

Post #9404195

OH SHOT ME!!!! I have a tooth going bad or it is loose-under a bridge.

Going to find something to take my mind off of my tooth

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
5:44 PM

Post #9404234

Oh Sandy, I am so sorry about your tooth...maybe that is taking the pain off your leg? Feel better!

I am going to very quietly whisper this...but...the boys have their collars on, and since 12:00ish, there has been no fighting and
Dex, Huck & Franky are sleeping on the couch together...And Axl is across the room on the love seat.

Just whispering it though. We will see what the middle of the night brings.

Wind is still wicked here, and it is now supposed to start snowing and not stop til Saturday morning. Sigh.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2013
6:40 PM

Post #9404282

Sandy, I am sorry about the tooth.

Tammy, it sounds like you and Gary have some good plans for your cabinets. The weather today has been so odd.

Debbie, I hope the collars work. What do the collars do?

It's still very windy and much colder now. I think the extra sleep this morning helped. But now the coughing has started. I am going to try to go in to work tomorrow.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 31, 2013
6:47 PM

Post #9404291

Oh ((((Sandy)))) feeling so badly for you.

We, too, have had high winds, but mild temps. In the 60's today I believe. I really wouldn't know as I did not leave this house. I worked with Margarita and Linda in my armoire, corner cabinet in m bedroom, bedside chest, and closet all day. Closet is less than half finished. Didn't even touch shoes and clothes. Arrrggghhhhh Margarita is coming back on Saturday afternoon to help with the closet and clean the house. Wayne leaves Saturday morning. Senior mover, Carol, will supervise the packing and loading of all items going to my children from DM's house on 2/14. Wayne will move all "keep" items from this house to local mini storage tomorrow. I want closets, garage, and cabinets to look large and uncluttered.

Dianne hope your hyrdo stays on and you don't have to run the noisy generator. How do the fur kids react to the generator noise? Smart of you to haul all that wood into the house, too. I ran across all the lCBO (is that correct) recipe books you sent over the years and made certain they all went into the "Keep" cookbook box to be delivered to the Shores condo.

Debbie so disappointed to read that DS reverted back to the old pattern. Like Dianne, your weather sounds dreadful. Hope you don't have to get out in it for anything.

Vicki your dinner sounded good to me. Brats in a blanket is party food around here and beans in any form are basic to people from New Orleans.

Elsie some of those winds blew over semi trucks. Home your home is well secured and nearby trees are well rooted. Are you feeling any better tonight after your chicken soup?

BonnieB I am so envious of your Mr.B snuggling with you last night. Sure do miss my boys. It took me days to get used to them not being here with me. They are often alone without me, but I am rarely in alone in my home without them.

Wayne claims to have been cleaning out my Mardi Gras cabinet in the garage, but I think he slipped away to New Orleans this morning without telling me. He walked into the house all ready for the big celebration. LOL! Don't know why the picture is turned on DG. It is not turned in my file. Sorry.

Well, I have to put this post to bed. I have so many details to attend to tomorrow I have to make a list. Stay safe everyone.

Bonnie

Thumbnail by greersfolly

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

January 31, 2013
7:02 PM

Post #9404313

Well it sounds like you northerners are having the weather that i have had the past 3 days. Last night the wind blew the rain into the windows in the bedroom and it sounded just like hail hitting it. It has been windy all day, and now is snowing. We are under a winter storm advisory for tonight and tomorrow. Snowing like crazy out there now. I am hoping that it is nothing like what you all have.

I am getting concerned about Mr. B. I gave him flea meds on Monday, and he hasn't eaten anything since then. He doesn't act like he feels bad, but it is not usual for him to go this long without eating anything. Last night he even turned down licking DH's ice cream bowl. Now he has done that tonight when he offered it to him.

Sandy, the tooth is just a distraction to keep you from thinking about your knee. That is all it is, and it is NOT a problem! Hope it does settle down though.

Tam sounds like you are making progress picking out all the kitchen stuff. When will the actual work start? I am thinking this will be a great opportunity to eat out several times until the work is done.

Elsie, hope you feel good enough to go to work, so that you don't lose all of your sick time. If I were closer, I would go to work for you, and let you have some more time off! Do you think they would know the difference between us? My DTS asked me to go out on a date for her when we were in high school, and they boy didn't know that he was with the wrong twin. So I am a good actress.

Debbie, Awww poor Izzy, she is not liking the weather noises. Sure hope the collars work wonders on the cats and they act and play nice from now on. I whispered that, so they didn't hear.

Dianne, know you probably don't have any electric, but I will be keeping you in my thoughts through your stormy night. Batten down the hatches and stay safe.

Vicki, thanks for the picture of your house. So I am thinking now that most of your garden is in the back? It is funny just by looking at selected shots that you can imagine them somewhere other than where they actually are, if you don't have the picture of the house to get everything in context.

Well, I am heading to bed to do a little reading and then fall asleep. I have done that the last 2 nights, and it seems I sleep better by reading and getting sleepy.

Bonnie, when do you leave to go back to Florida? Hope you will have gotten most of the work done, and that when you return it will be just for the estate sale. Boy wish I could come to that.

Nothing else has been said about going to Florida, so we will just wait and see.

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 31, 2013
7:52 PM

Post #9404379

Forgot to tell you about my incredible stroke of good luck today. First and best of all while going through a box of loose, old snapshots, I came across the original print of my favorite photo of my Daddy and me. An 8x10 framed copy of it hung on the wall in my parent's living room for years. Of course my mother left it there when she left the house in hurricane Katrina and the photo was destroyed. I never in my wildest dreams expected ever to see that photo again and today I held it in my hands once again. It is so precious to me. Then when I was going through my Red Hat stuff I opened the zipper on a little coin type purse that was going to the sale. Inside were eight $100.00 bills!!! Finally while going through my pocketbooks I found my Rx Swarovski frame sunglasses that have been missing for months. Did I have a good day or what???

Bonnie

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
8:23 PM

Post #9404416

OH Bonnie you hit the lotto with that! I am lucky to find quarters! Thought I was in heaven cleaning the washer and finding three dollar bills that had been in
DHs pocket! LOL

What a treasure the picture of you and your Daddy. I have no pictures of my dad and I, not a one...and family on his side doesn't seem to either. SO treasure
that!!

Wayne looks like he was having a ball!!

Debbie

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

January 31, 2013
8:39 PM

Post #9404433

Yes, Debbie I sure did.

A friend sent me some quotes tonight two of which I thought were particularly spot on for two of our family members here.

This one is for Melva:

"I had a rose named after me and I was very flattered. But I was not pleased to read the description in the catalogue: - 'No good in a bed, but fine against a wall.' "
- Eleanor Roosevelt

This one is for BonnieB:

"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending; and to have the two as close together as possible"
- George Burns

And one that has crossed all mother's minds at least for a fleeting moment:

"Sometimes, when I look at my children, I say to myself’, Lillian, you should have remained a virgin..'"
- Lillian Carter (mother of Jimmy Carter)

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

January 31, 2013
8:42 PM

Post #9404435

Oh Bonnie, those are great! Love the Lillian Carter one especially of late.

Eleanor was a hoot too!

greersfolly

greersfolly
New Smyrna Beach, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 1, 2013
1:11 AM

Post #9404495

Hi. Is anyone up and online?

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 1, 2013
1:21 AM

Post #9404496

Hi all! Weather is warm again today, but we're also expecting strong wind tonight. It rained yesterday, a lot and our snow almost melted too. Yet we had freeze last night...lucky I have a day off today and the week-end off too...yeahhh!!!! Only it's not so good because both Cici and I are having a cold, sore throat...not so bad, but enough to make us feeling a bit under the weather. We're taking some aspirin and drink lots of hot tea with honey and lemon. I told Andreea to wait until we're better so they won't come over this week-end. I was talking to her last night on the phone and Nicholas was "showing" me what he was doing on the floor. He wanted his Mom to have her phone screen on him so I can see him...I told him we don't have Ipods!LOL Then he was kissing the phone to send it to me!LOL

Bonnie, you are lucky to find the photo and the "treasure" inside your purse! Wayne is so funny with all that stuff on!LOL Amazing quotes, I like it!

Debbie, the bad weather is coming tonight. You take care! Hooray, the "old" Shane came back! So nice of him to cook for you!

BonnieB, same happened here in the beauty parlours, but this is a private school and it doesn't have a salon.. They plan to go to a nursing home to trim back the old people's hair for free...and exercise! Take care with that weather. How is Mr. B today?

Tam, what a cute picture of Pixel! Congrats for your third workout!

Sandy, is the tooth still hurting! Sending hugs!

Vicki, I'm so glad you are feeling better. Have you started any seeds yet? I've started violas.

Dianne, you are so nice to take care of your neighbor's house too! Take care with the weather.. Do you have enough wood close to the house?

Elsie, I hope you are feeling better today. Stay warm!

Have to go and make breakfast. French toast today!

Adina

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 1, 2013
1:22 AM

Post #9404497

I am, Bonnie! Good morning!

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 1, 2013
2:36 AM

Post #9404510

Good Morning, I am here.

Adina it comes and goes, I am hoping it is just the bridge is loose

Sandy
defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 1, 2013
3:09 AM

Post #9404514

Good morning, guess I have had my quota of sleep, so I am up drinking coffee, and having my devotional.

Bonnie loved the sermon quote, and may use it this Sunday when I preach. I am sure the audience will appreciate it.

Bonnie what a bonanza that you found in your possessions. I am like Debbie, if I find coins in the washer, I think I have hit the jackpot, but to find that picture, that just touched my heart. I have a couple of me and my dad, but they are not great pictures, but I cherish them.

We had about 3 inches of snow overnight, it is the fluffy kind, so everything (what I can see from the light from the porch) is without any tracks or marks on it. Beautiful. But hope it clears, as DGD called last night and is planning to drive here this afternoon for the weekend. She has never heard me preach, so is going with me on Sunday.

Adina, yeah, it is like Christmas for you with an extra day off. Enjoy it, but hope you can rest and make that cold leave. Nicholas is so funny, thinking that everybody has the same kind of phone so you can see him. When you see him, give him a hug from his auntie Bonnie.

When I was at the neighbor's house yesterday, their son 21 months old had learned how to blow kisses, and he blew me one when I was ready to walk out the door. He is so cute and precious. She was telling me about when they say the blessing before a meal, that he politely bows his head, but loves the amen part, and will say it with his dad! Now those are memories that she will cherish.

Drinking a cup of coffee, and Mr. B has settled in "his recliner" and having a second nap. It is really DH's recliner and they have argued about it several times in the past week. DH was able to snag it one night, and Mr. B actually growled at him, saying he wanted "his" chair!

Gonna see if I can work on taxes a bit before DH is up and about.
elsie
Lafayette, NJ
(Zone 6a)

February 1, 2013
4:00 AM

Post #9404541

Nice haul Bonnie! Wayne sure looks festive.

BonnieB, I hope Mr. B is back on his food today.

I'm having breakfast - going to try to go to work. I feel a bit light headed - I hope this will pass.
Kidneyguy
Verona, ON

February 1, 2013
4:40 AM

Post #9404567

Sandy can you use 'oil of cloves' on your tooth ache? it works wonders as a stop gap method. My dentist was the one who recommended its use to me. It sort of acts like a tooth desensitizer.

Woke up to silence this am. Sort of paniced until I realized the wind was gone. lol
BBL
Dianne

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 1, 2013
4:56 AM

Post #9404584

Dianne if I can get out of the house in the next few days I will try it

Sandy

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 1, 2013
5:03 AM

Post #9404592

Free Dog (filling in for Andre' I am sure).

Snow is still falling, at least the blowing stopped, that made it so much worse. Two to four inches more by 6:00, not bad.

Elsie, go slow and steady...don't be a hero if you can't do it. And remember, they don't want your flu bug!!

Dianne, I had the same reaction with the wind...or lack of. BUT Izzy was still barking at 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00.
My shoulder is bothering me so didn't want to sleep on the couch, but would have been better off instead of 3 trips up/down stairs.

Vicki, I need something good for breakfast...whats cookin?

Bonnie, did you get back to sleep? Burning the midnight/morning oils way early!

Tam, are you and the crew working today? I just love visiting "showrooms" with the set ups. I have one of the dreadful galley kitchens
in this HUGE house and can't fit two people in it comfortable. Duct work and wiring through the adjoining wall so we can't knock it out.

Well, one thing, there have been NO FIGHTS...and as of yet, have not found any "surprises" to clean up like normal morning.
Not holding my breath on it...but is a good start. Again...is it the collars or DH being gone?

Shane has broken his one day "good boy" and is back to his pattern. It really just tears me up.

Debbie

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 1, 2013
5:47 AM

Post #9404622

I want of this HOUSE!!!!!

Sandy

PS I am good but bored!!!!

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 1, 2013
5:49 AM

Post #9404625

Sandy, park your behind down and stay put!!! Stern finger shaking! LOL Elevate and ice and behave woman!

defoecat
Pleasureville, KY
(Zone 6a)

February 1, 2013
5:51 AM

Post #9404626

Just finished filing DS's tax returns. Trouble printing them out, but hey it is all good.

DH just left to go to the bank and pool hall, probably for the rest of the day. So I am free to do what I need to do, and if it is nothing then that is what I will do.

wren107

wren107
Jacksonville, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 1, 2013
5:54 AM

Post #9404630

Debbie I am behaving. Need to go find a book to read.

Sandy

Tammy

Tammy
Barto, PA
(Zone 6b)

February 1, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9404645

You guys sure have been chatty!

Bonnie - Woo Hoo!!!! Loved to hear your finds and the pic of Wayne. So nice to hear you had a good day. Are the legs still doing well for you? Oh - I loved the quotes. Especially Lillian Carters.

Sandy - I know just how you feel. I was getting a little loopy with boredom when I was sick. Just too sick to do anything about it though. lol

Loretta - good luck with work. I hope its an easy day.

BonnieB - I bet that quote would be fun to work into your sermon. lol

Debbie - the new kitchen will be very similar to a galley. There is not space to make any aisle very wide. I'll have about 48" between the two sides in the U (the biggest space) and it will neck to about 30" in between the refriderator & a new pantry. We all have limitations on fitting something into an old house.

Adina - how nice that Nicholas loves his grandma so much! Take care and feel better - tea w/lemon & honey sounds like it will help!

We're getting a quote on this other line of cabinetry. I also have to follow up on a recommendation for a local cabinet maker. I saw his work and its fabulous. My friends said he's relatively inexpensive. I just don't know how long I will have to wait. (Or the $$)

Oh - forgot to answer BonnieB. I am hoping we lock down the design and get everything on order this month (in Feb) so the installation can be done in May/June. It'll be more than a few nights out for dinner. I think we'll be down for about 2mon. So we'll set up a temporary kitchen in the library w/microwave and I'll stock the freezer with lots of meals. (Eating out is a disaster for me on my weight!)

Off to work...
Tam

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 1, 2013
7:16 AM

Post #9404685

I started a new thread for us!

Come on over here: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1296427/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America