Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

How to tag plants in your images

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

To tag an image, open the Edit Album option.
You'll see the 'Tag' icon at the bottom of each image in your album.
Click that.

The image will open up on the page.
Right click your mouse over the plant you want to tag. (like you'd tag an image on Facebook)
A window will pop up and you can start typing either the botanical or common name of the plant.

A scroll slide will appear and the system suggests possible options.
Select the proper name for your plant and click on it.
That name will appear in the top section.

If your plant has a cultivar name, you can then drill down on the cultivar section and select the plant's cultivar name.
Once that is done, you can click on another plant in that image and repeat the tagging process.

When you're done, click the Done Tagging button at the bottom of the page and save your work.
You can go back in at any point and continue to add tags.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

I've tried tagging a few Hostas, but the cultivar name is not saved. Is it me or a glitch?
The plant name shows as Hosta, Hosta.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

You should be able to drill down in the second field and select the cultivar name. The whole list of possible cultivars should drop down. are you seeing that?

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Nope, the cultivars name does not show up after it is selected and saved. All four cultivars are included in the list but none of them show up after I finish tagging.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

What are the cultivar names...would you mind if I tried to tag them for you in your album?

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

First Frost, Dream Queen, American Halo and Earth Angel. I have tried four times.
Thanks.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

You tagged them.
You have to click on the 'view plant's info' link on the white pop up banner to see the cultivar.

I'll make a note that it is a bit confusing since the cultivar doesn't show up on the pop up tag. maybe we can address that in an upcoming upgrade.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks,
Now I see how that works.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Great. Thanks for making this a great new feature! (I love your albums!)

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Are the cultivar lists not complete? Trying to tag Red King Humbert Canna, is it Canna generalis?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

The cultivar lists should be complete
Red King Humbert is Canna x generalis
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/37522/

I've had to look up a few in PlantFiles myself to get my images tagged.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Thanks again,
I don't even know what the "x" means guess I need to go look it up. I did find it, Canna generalis just had Blueberry Sparkler listed I think.

Enterprise, AL(Zone 8b)

Pull down list for Daylilies seems to stop at "D" am I doing something worng here?

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Yep, that's a bug. It only goes partway through the D's for me as well.

I'll let the tech team know.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.