Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Troubled Bauhinia seedlings.

Adelaide, Australia

Hi, I have had no trouble in propagating bauhinia seeds but find that at about the 12" stage they dry up and die. They survived our cool winter in Adelaide ( Australia, I put the seedlings in my mini hot house ) but when brought out into the summer weather (in the shade), they have struggled. Do they require acid soil? I know they do better in the tropics but the seeds I collected are from around Adelaide and they were quite mature trees.I don't know what species they are but I have planted seeds from both a white and a pink . Any tips would be greatly appreciated . I have been trying now for 3 years to no avail Anita

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I would suggest posting your question in the beginner gardening forum: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/b_gardentalk/all/ This forum is for discussing the new garden showcase feature, so you'll get more help on gardening problems in the other forum.

DeLand, FL(Zone 9b)

I agree with ecrane. It is the right place to find your answers... Find your favorite forums, share and grow!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.