Shooting The Moon 2013

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Time for a new thread for this forum ... it's definitely a new year ...

We're coming from:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1171361/#new

Here's the almost full moon over Palo Alto this evening, straight out of my Lumix FZ200 point and shoot on automatic pilot ... 5:25 p.m.

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

One more, two minutes later ... and then the clouds took over for a while. I went back to making dinner ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Memphis, TN

So nice and golden...really pretty!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Great shot Jub. The moon has been really pretty the past few nights. Those point and shoots can take pretty good shots!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Well done Jubi, on two counts: one, for starting this new thread as a continuation and two, nice pictures to start!

I took a long shot last evening. This evening I was lazy.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Blenheim, New Zealand

Great photos I also took a pic, too . I like to think we all see to moon ,even if, it is at a different orientation.

Thumbnail by bootandall
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Dinu and Bootandall ... nice moon pics ... yes, we're all looking at the same moon, no matter where we are on this globe earth!

Here's the full moon in Palo Alto this evening around 6:30 ... same little point and shoot ...

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Two views of tonight's full moon in Palo Alto ... taken around 6:45 p.m.

Thumbnail by Jubilada Thumbnail by Jubilada
Blenheim, New Zealand

Nice shots I saw the moon last night too. and thought, that's time gone quick.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Gorgeous moon shots all. I saw it last night on my way home. Should have stopped and taken a shot. Maybe tonight for an almost full moon.

Morpeth, United Kingdom(Zone 8a)

Yesterday morning I caught the setting moon on my way to work. The orange tint may have been a reflection of the sunrise.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Oooh, kniphofia, what a wonderful moon shot!

Blenheim, New Zealand

like the smoky look ...... beautiful pic

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

kniphofia,
So early to work? Nice shot.
Jubilada,
I missed the moonrise two days ago. Saw it when it was way up.

Yes I start work at 7 am. Suits my sleep pattern as I'm always up around 4!

Here's another shot I took the following morning.

Thumbnail by kniphofia
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Already waxed a bit, kniphofia. So you must be early to bed too, since you get up at the wonderful hour of four.

kniphofia great moon shots, the orange tinted is really a nice shot.

Blenheim, New Zealand

last Quarter, early morning on the 10th march from the Seymour Hut Clarence Reserve.

Thumbnail by bootandall
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Ooooh, bootandall, that's simply smashing! Lovely shot!

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

This is the best I could get on March 15, about 6:30 p.m. That noise is really haze, the ISO was only 400. It's only been hazy or overcast in the evenings lately.

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Blenheim, New Zealand

I like that misty look too

Some moon shots from the April full moon while we were camping off the Halifax river at Tomoka park in Ormond Beach

The first photo had my headlights on the road, I turned them off and took another shot, but liked the one with the headlights better. ☺
The Halifax river and the multitude of condos along the beach front, the last two with a palm tree silhouette.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Good sunkissed moonshots!!! Got it?

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Nice moonshots, sunkissed. I like both the headlights on and headlights off ... each presents a different feeling. Number 4 is quite intriguing! Nice moon and silhouette!

Glad you enjoyed the photos because my feet itched all night from no-see-um bites while taking them out on that sandbar. ☺

Yes Dinu, think I've got it...at least getting there.

I went out to hang my laundry at 4.20 or so this morning (I know, saddo) and was delighted to see this fabulous moon!

Thumbnail by kniphofia

How Nice! Very clear shot. We were driving home last night from some friends and I watched that big ole Moon all the way home, it was so pretty.

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Nice one knip. Moonlight was fabulous too. Here, not a clear night, but clouds passing.

Newark, DE

Hello all,

I came across this thread and thought I'd post a couple of mine. I am not sure if it is Aristarchus Crater or not, known for it's blue tint, but the one approximately in the 9 o'clock position seems blue to me. Enjoy.

Thumbnail by lovetopaint Thumbnail by lovetopaint
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Here's a skinny moon over Palo Alto on June 13th ... around 8:30 p.m.

Thumbnail by Jubilada
Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

The supermoon shot at twilight at a park near Houston.

Thumbnail by P_Edens
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Good shot Patti. I tried to take a wild shot the day before, despite being cloudy. It was cloudy at moonrise time.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

http://earthsky.org/space/see-the-supermoon-awesome-photos-of-the-june-2013-full-moon A link from EarthSky - a few images from around the world.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Dinu, You got it! I like how it looks with the natural black vignette all around the moon. Very cool! Thanks for posting all of the images. That will give me some ideas for next time I photograph the full moon.

Here are a couple more. I overexposed the moon, but I still like them okay. We had clouds too. It was going in and out of the clouds.

Thumbnail by P_Edens Thumbnail by P_Edens
Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

Dinu, very nice "moody" moon shot! And thanks for that link to EarthSky!

Patty, I really like number one in your second set. Gorgeous! Has a kind of "golden" magical, mystical feel!

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2013/06/supermoon_2013.html
Don't miss the set here on big picture.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Awesome photos in incredible places! Thanks for link, Dinu.

Oh Patti your moon shots are just fantastic. I especially like the first one you posted with the lily pads on the water.
We were on Sanibel Island camping during the supermoon and I looked so forward to getting some moon shots...but unfortunately we had thunderstorm almost every single night and the clouds remained long enough to block out the moon.

Dinu those are great photos of the moon. Thanks for sharing them.

I did get this shot with my point and shoot camera on 6-21, the first day of summer, down on the beach.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

A couple of friends commented on my fb wall where I also posted it. They were saying that the moon can be made to appear very large with a long telephoto lens.

Palo Alto, CA(Zone 9a)

The moon this morning in Palo Alto, around 9 a.m.

Thumbnail by Jubilada

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.