AuthorContent

gardenmart

gardenmart
Saugus, MA
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
6:01 AM

Post #9397965

Love your pictures! We had a Fairy Garden classification at our last Garden Club Flower Show and it was tremendous. we had 21 entries from kids for the Fairy Dish Garden and about 8 entries from the adults for a fairy garden flower arrangement. i made a boat of a milkweed pod for mine. It was a blast.
Martha

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2013
11:09 AM

Post #9398200

thanks!!!! I'm not that creative when making things, so am really interested more in mini and dwarf plants, and then I do try to find bargains on the hardscape.
this is true talent! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1286053/

gardenmart

gardenmart
Saugus, MA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
5:06 AM

Post #9400987

I have a friend in my Garden Club who is very crafty and made a bunch of her own furniture for her fairy garden display at our last show.
The category was a floral design that was a fairy garden. She made the furniture out in front of her arrangement.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Click the image for an enlarged view.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
7:16 AM

Post #9401141

very cute!!!

gardenmart

gardenmart
Saugus, MA
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
7:49 AM

Post #9401170

Yep. This was a pre-judging photo. She won a second place. The first place winner blew all the rest of us out of the water. she had a real fairy in there and a gazebo. Mine was an arrangement of spring flowers from my garden and pine branches. I used epimedium, lily of the valley, viola, all teeny flowers, and the pine. the chunk of wood that holds the container is from my woodpile. Had to defend that from my son popping it in the woodstove a couple of times before spring got there. I made a fairy boat out of a milkweed pod and some sheer fabric scraps I got from my sister the wedding gown/prom dress maker. She always has the scraps of tulle she cuts off wedding gowns and prom gowns when she hems them. Sheer, sparkly? She's your gal.
Martha

Thumbnail by gardenmart
Click the image for an enlarged view.

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 29, 2013
8:05 AM

Post #9401185

Love the fairy boat!

pixie62560

pixie62560
South China, ME
(Zone 5a)

January 30, 2013
5:44 AM

Post #9402305

Very nice Martha!

Jen nice little fairy garden you got there! I have been collecting things for 3 years now and hope to put some of it out this year.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Northeast Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Glad you're better Dave Anitabryk2 209 May 19, 2007 12:03 AM
Cortaderia selloana (Pampas grass) as annual zone5girl 4 Jun 16, 2007 3:41 AM
Mammoth Elephant Ear Janecline 18 May 16, 2007 2:52 PM
Hi. I would like to join your Forum - if it is OK. AYankeeCat 42 Dec 9, 2007 5:56 PM
Rosemary hardiness in CT? jjpm74 26 May 19, 2007 10:16 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America