-
AuthorContent
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

January 26, 2013
4:52 PM

Post #9398512

Not only is this an odd looking E. obesa, at least to me never having seen a similar one on line or at the nursery, it is now developing its third growth. I don't even know what the little growing bubbles are called ( not arms surely?). Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling   Thumbnail by xuling
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Little_things
Port Elizabeth
South Africa
(Zone 10a)

February 1, 2013
9:55 AM

Post #9404862

pups?? Never mind that - you need to keep that one in a special place!
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2013
5:57 PM

Post #9405387

Hola Little_things, why do you say to keep it in a special place? It is currently outside in a C/S bed exposed to the elements, covered during the freezes. One normal looking one got mushy and I had to throw it out. Xuling
Little_things
Port Elizabeth
South Africa
(Zone 10a)

February 1, 2013
7:57 PM

Post #9405498

When it comes to E. obesa, they are under pressure, threatened in nature and the one you have is no baby. I meant that (never mind the "where" you put it) it is not very common to see such big ones.
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 1, 2013
9:11 PM

Post #9405545

it is very small. the one I lost was much bigger but had no stem. this is the only one I have ever seen with a stem. Xuling
Little_things
Port Elizabeth
South Africa
(Zone 10a)

February 2, 2013
5:49 AM

Post #9405719

Do not laugh, but I am wondering if this is not a hybrid between possibly obesa x globosa or something else! I am just perplexed at the ease of making heads! Maybe you must investigate this line of thought a little...?
xuling
Windsor, CA
(Zone 9b)

February 2, 2013
4:50 PM

Post #9406348

The nursery I purchased the plant is a C/S and other things nursery. When I purchased it I asked about needing a male and female and Ian said yes. So I bought two more, one male and one female to go with the bigger one I had, which is the one that died during the recent freeze. I remember talking aabout the stem, but don't believe anything of signficance was said. Next time I go to the nursery I will inquire. Thanks Little_things. Xuling

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Cacti and Succulents Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Jade plant - too big for pot Rosalia 20 Dec 28, 2009 10:21 PM
Cactus Receipes Crasulady2 27 Jun 15, 2007 4:59 AM
Interested in seeds for unusual cacti and succulents Lavanda 2 Jul 7, 2008 8:45 AM
Another Succulent ID please henryr10 28 Dec 10, 2009 10:59 AM
Epiphyllum Curly weeding 5 Nov 9, 2009 3:31 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America