Odd looking Euphorbia obesa

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Not only is this an odd looking E. obesa, at least to me never having seen a similar one on line or at the nursery, it is now developing its third growth. I don't even know what the little growing bubbles are called ( not arms surely?). Xuling

Thumbnail by xuling Thumbnail by xuling
Port Elizabeth, South Africa(Zone 10a)

pups?? Never mind that - you need to keep that one in a special place!

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

Hola Little_things, why do you say to keep it in a special place? It is currently outside in a C/S bed exposed to the elements, covered during the freezes. One normal looking one got mushy and I had to throw it out. Xuling

When it comes to E. obesa, they are under pressure, threatened in nature and the one you have is no baby. I meant that (never mind the "where" you put it) it is not very common to see such big ones.

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

it is very small. the one I lost was much bigger but had no stem. this is the only one I have ever seen with a stem. Xuling

Do not laugh, but I am wondering if this is not a hybrid between possibly obesa x globosa or something else! I am just perplexed at the ease of making heads! Maybe you must investigate this line of thought a little...?

Windsor, CA(Zone 9b)

The nursery I purchased the plant is a C/S and other things nursery. When I purchased it I asked about needing a male and female and Ian said yes. So I bought two more, one male and one female to go with the bigger one I had, which is the one that died during the recent freeze. I remember talking aabout the stem, but don't believe anything of signficance was said. Next time I go to the nursery I will inquire. Thanks Little_things. Xuling

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images