Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
fwromanian
Perkasie, PA

January 28, 2013
6:49 AM

Post #9399916

Hi Adina, I also enjoy having plants indoors in the winter...I don't have nearly as many or as beautiful ones as you do, but the few I have I enjoy taking care of. I absolutely love your kalanchoes...the red one especially...I just recently rooted a couple from a colleague's yellow one, which she has in her office window, full to the brim with yellow flowers...
I also recently purchased a Christmas cactus, it was very small and had a couple of buds and blooms only. when I brought it home, the buds fell off and I only had one bloom, but that was before I knew they don't like to be moved and fussed with. So I repotted it in a better and a bigger pot, kept it in one spot and i don't even turn the pot, and it's now doing really well...I hope to get flowers maybe next Christmas...
I also have 2 orchids; one from my best friend's wedding back in April and one that I rescued from a friend's house who is in romania for a long time and the person left in charge of the house wasn't taking care of it...they're both doing wonderfully well...especially the one I rescued...
Anyway, I love to see Nicholas is still enjoying your plants and helping you...he's so cute...
Love the pics, as usual!
Monica

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

January 28, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9400164

Monica, as I said in the article, I'm overwhelmed by so many pots that I have, but I'm trying to keep all of the plants alive. Yet, I also kill a few each year!LOL The Christmas cactus is one which I'm trying to grow, but I every year one of them dies...too much watering is the reason. I had a friend who's Christmas cactus bloomed every year on her balcony (it was a closed balcony)and she brought it inside her kitchen with all those blooms. It never lost any of the blooms...I don't know how she did it! But she kept it in only one place all year long until Christmas.
Orchids are so beautiful, but I never had one. What colors are yours?
Thank you so much for your kind words!

Adina
fwromanian
Perkasie, PA

January 30, 2013
1:29 PM

Post #9402792

The one orchid I got from my friend's wedding is pink, it had magnificent blooms at the wedding. the other one I don't know, I've never seen it in bloom yet, I've only rescued it back in November... I'm really hoping to get blooms this season...but even the foliage alone is beautiful!
ytnpham
Cut and Shoot, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 5, 2013
6:36 PM

Post #9409762

Your plants are so big, beautiful, & healthy! I'm totally in awed. I used to grow achimenes & gave the plant to a friend who let it died out. When I came across your article, I wanted so bad to grow this beauty on my window again but could not find a source for them. I will be forever thankful for your suggestions. Ytnpham

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

February 5, 2013
10:45 PM

Post #9409881

Thanks, makes me so happy to know that my article was of help! I hope you can find another achimenes.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Rotate Your Pots Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Rotating Pots! ves522 5 Jan 28, 2013 9:31 AM
Interesting Kelli 3 Jan 25, 2013 11:29 PM
Lovely! jazzy1okc 1 Jan 29, 2013 1:02 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America