Pink Princess Philo

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

I admit that I have not gotten the hang of exactly how to care for them yet. Some are doing ok, but most are not. Last pix makes me wonder. I have had all pink leaves before, but rarely and only 1 to a plant. This one has had 3 all pink leaves in a row and now, a white/green one. What's up? The other pix are some other plants and more or less what I normally get, leaf wise.

Thumbnail by gasrocks Thumbnail by gasrocks Thumbnail by gasrocks Thumbnail by gasrocks
noonamah, Australia

I have one of these but it seems a bit 'touchy'. Haven't had any all pink or all white leaves so far, the leaves are like your photos of your normal ones. Mine don't seem to like warm weather, and definitely don't like the sun on them. In the last photo the white leaf looks a bit damaged.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

An update. This one is outside in the shade and insists on putting out only pure pink leaves. I have made it into a cutting. Will be interesting to see what happens next. Gene

Thumbnail by gasrocks
Virginia Beach, VA

I had one few years ago but went to heaven so i didn't buy one again.

Belle

noonamah, Australia

I had a different aroid I was growing from seed. A lot germinated but about a quarter/third came out white. After a couple of months all the white ones died. Which is logical, they can't photosynthesise and eventually "starve". Variegated plants that do survive usually have a reasonable amount of green.

My Pink Princess is going okay now, we've been having cooler weather and there's new growth. The leaves are still all the mix of colour.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Yes, logical, must have some green to live. I could see the occassional white or pink leaf as being ok. My other Pink princess are doing ok or so. Doubt I'd ever buy another. I'll update this thread if anything happens. Gene

noonamah, Australia

I'd like to get a few more going but I'll do it from cuttings. Just not sure when the best time would be.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Philodendrons do not have much of a dormacy perod. I'd think cuttings would be good anytime it is growing well.

Portage, WI(Zone 5a)

Update: cutting I made, branch with all pink leves did not root, just died. I am still waiting for Mom to put out something new where I took the cutting. Gene

noonamah, Australia

Maybe layering might be a better way.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images