Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Texas Gardening: Help of various kinds with prairie verbena

Communities > Forums > Texas Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Texas GardeningReplies: 3, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

January 28, 2013
3:16 PM

Post #9400491

First, I managed to kill both my plants that I got from seed last year. If anyone that I gave cuttings too has one to donate I would appreciate it.

Second, I see what looks like PV seedlings all along the front of the bed. They were growing at the edge inside the bed so its a good bet those seedlings are pv. My issue is that last year I thought several seedlings were them, including tahoka daisy. I took a couple pics and am looking for some help IDing the little bugers. It will be hard to get them out so I want to make sure its worth my effort.

First pic. has a sprig of moss verbana at the far left. I can tell its lighter green and the leaves are smaller and more delicate.
newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

January 28, 2013
3:24 PM

Post #9400504

another view down the row

frostweed

frostweed
Josephine, Arlington, TX
(Zone 8a)

January 28, 2013
3:25 PM

Post #9400508

It sure looks like it Cheryl.
newtonsthirdlaw
Arlington, TX

January 28, 2013
3:28 PM

Post #9400513

So did the tahoka daisy when it was small but this is the right color and tahoka daisy is not.
Keeping my fingers crossed Josephine for some replacements, it was magnificant in all respects last season.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Texas Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
who grows peonies in houston area? vossner 20 Jun 18, 2012 7:58 PM
Texas Invasives List PvillePlanter 18 Mar 14, 2014 5:34 PM
Anyone Up For A Chat? dstartz 29 Jun 30, 2007 5:44 PM
DGrs in SW houston vossner 5 Dec 29, 2013 2:55 PM
Mock Orange in a big pot? mkjones 21 Aug 15, 2011 1:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America