Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Mother of Thousands, Kalanchoe daigremontiana: Controlling the Population Explosion!: Excellent article, very informative

Communities > Forums > Article: Mother of Thousands, Kalanchoe daigremontiana: Controlling the Population Explosion!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Mother of Thousands, Kalanchoe daigremontiana: Controlling the Population Explosion!Replies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jrny
New York, NY

January 28, 2013
7:11 PM

Post #9400735

I've had one or more of these plants for 18+ years and think they are fascinating. Did not know about the toxicity, so thanks for that. I'm in zone 7 and have been putting them outside on a hot deck and they thrive, once I got an umbrella stalk of flowers but killing frost came before they opened, been after that stalk ever since.

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

January 28, 2013
8:21 PM

Post #9400832

I do find them really intriguing! I don't recall ever seeing it bloom as a child, and my relatively young one certainly hasn't ever bloomed. I was sorry to ear that they usually die after blooming. I suppose if you see a bloomstalk, you'll know to pot up a few offspring to ensure you still have one later!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mother of Thousands, Kalanchoe daigremontiana: Controlling the Population Explosion! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
piggyback plant gardengirl86 2 Jan 30, 2013 8:55 AM
Great article! Sundownr 1 Jan 29, 2013 6:03 PM
I had one KyWoods 1 Jan 29, 2013 6:10 PM
Toxic? Thanks for mentioning! farmlife 2 Jan 29, 2013 6:09 PM
Watch out Florida FlaFlower 2 Mar 18, 2014 10:14 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America