Help - Dishwasher making loud squeeking/grinding noise

Shawnee Mission, KS(Zone 6a)

Bosch Dishwasher is making a loud grinding or squeeking noise part way through. Duration of the noise varies with each wash. And it continues even if we pull the electrical plug on the dishwasher. It's driving us crazy with how loud the noise is.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Stamford, CT(Zone 6b)

Do you clear your dishes before washing? There could be food blocking the circulation pump/motor or it might just be dying. Is there any water left in the bottom other than the standard small amount?

Circulation pump requires electricity to run. We shut that off and it was still make noises for at least 15-20 minutes afterwards. My husband finally pluged the cord back in and did a reset to drain the water then it quite.

Galway, Ireland

I hope you fixed this problem now. I f you could not then here is some tips i am going to mention Follow them and fix noisy Dishwasher...

1-Look at the heater fan to check for rusty or squeaky parts. If defective parts are found, replace the fan. If not, go on to the next step.
2-Replace the water inlet valve, which is located at the bottom of one of the sides of the dishwasher, beneath the lower access panel. As a water inlet valve ages, it can sometimes slowly stop working correctly, switching between "on" and "off" every few seconds. This can cause a shaking and rattling noise. If this does not fix the noise, go on to the next step.

3-Remove the lower rack and the lower spray arm from the dishwasher, removing any screws as needed to do so.

Thumbnail by Kennith

It was a valve on the dishwasher. The repairman said they see these go out all the time only a lot sooner that what ours did. Asked what kind of detergent we were using as he thinks that effected ours staying good longer.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.