Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Canadian Gardening: What's happening in your neck of the woods - 2013

Communities > Forums > Canadian Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Canadian GardeningReplies: 219, Views: 841
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 2, 2013
8:50 AM

Post #9405891

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1292424/#new

Thought I'd see if I could move us over.

This poor little Pansy could use some cheering up :-) Hopefully none of us will have that to look forward to, but, in Canada, you never know :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS
Click the image for an enlarged view.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 2, 2013
8:55 AM

Post #9405899

Hope everyone is enjoying their Ground Hog day!
Have heard varying reports re what the critter saw or didn't see, bottom line, Mother Nature will do as she pleases, as always, we're just along for the ride !!

Have almost accomplished the laundry, linen changes .. hoping to make a pumpkin pie, but, unsure as to whether I will 'poop out' in the interim ..
Glad we're going out for supper !!!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 2, 2013
9:01 AM

Post #9405904

Lordy "M"you are energetic today .. Moth watering at the pumpkin pie.

Went to Orillia, almost a waste of time, hardly any fabric that I needed to match for unfinished projects, and what there was, well double if not triple the price. Purchased some more Christmas fabric as they were putting it away till fall and reasonable..guess I'll have to save my list and make a trip to Buffalo shortly.

I keep thinking it should be late afternoon lol. Maybe we both need a nap!

Like this new room, thanks for getting it ready for us

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2013
2:10 PM

Post #9406207

Found you. Have been watching grandson play hockey about an hour out of town today.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 2, 2013
3:22 PM

Post #9406284

Always a fun thing to do ViolaAnn, how old is he??
4 grandsons played hockey at one point but now down to 2.

Lordy have a kitty snoring away. Almost makes me want to do the same. Lol
Did any of you get the snow today? Seemed to snow good portion of the day but no accumulation

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 2, 2013
4:21 PM

Post #9406323

No snow here Betty. Just home from supper out with the family and the temps have moderated a lot, so, perhaps we'll get some ?
Did get the pumpkin pie made, took some to Murray to take home, one of his favourites ...
Austin played hockey for one season, but didn't like it .. he's now interested in playing the pipes in a pipe band .. looks like it may be a GO in the Spring .. looking forward to it.

I think it'll be early to bed for me tonight. SUPER BOWL SUNDAY tomorrow, have a pot roast to cook in the slow cooker, debating as to whether to place the vegetables around it or not, have gotten 'mushy veggeis' a couple of times ..

Glad you like the 'new room' :-)

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 2, 2013
7:55 PM

Post #9406494

It was VERY sunny here in Calgary today... good thing we don't have a groundhog here lol

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

February 2, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9406524

Grandtwins are both 10 (11 in early April) and both play hockey, but for the last 2 years Amy has been playing with a girls' league. Both had tournaments this weekend. DH got to one of Amy's games but I only got to Nolan's this afternoon. We get to more of Amy's games because they aren't usually at or before 8 am like Nolan's are.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 3, 2013
2:59 AM

Post #9406607

Morning all,

Having coffee and toast, quiet , great time to reflect on past week and upcoming week..always like a plan of attack as to what I hope to accomplish then see how close I get..lol

Not a sport enthusiast so guess I shall be doing a lot of channel surfing as to find something other than football on.

ViolaAnn, never understood why men play during prime time and these little tykes have to be playing before sunrise..those grandchildren of yours seem to have grown up overnight.

Winter here really hasn't been bad, before you know it we will be thinking gardening and what plants to buy..sure ViolaAnn has her eye on hosta's. Lol

Off to find something to do
Enjoy the special treats of the day and company if you have some coming over for the game..may your team win

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 3, 2013
5:30 AM

Post #9406677

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY has arrived LoL
I am NOT a fan of football, but, Lorna's Dad is, soooooo .. we have a bet. I have chosen the Baltimore Ravens, and he has the 49ers. He has GIVEN me 3 points, which I take it means the Ravens are the UNDERDOGS .. ahh well .. doubt I'll watch the game anyway.

Back in the day, when Murray was in a hockey league, it wasn't unusual to be leaving the house before 6am to go to a practise, then on to a game at 8am. By the time we all piled through the door at home around 10am we were exhausted !!

Susan, it was very sunny here as well yesterday .. my friend in Calgary has been commenting on the Chinook.

Off to sear the roast and put it in the slow cooker .. have decided to do the vegetables on their own outside the cooker.

Enjoy your day everyone

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 3, 2013
7:21 AM

Post #9406785

Well let's hope you win the bet..big dollars at stake. Lol

Ran into Walmart, needed some sewing supplies, got hungry for turkey dinner so I've got turkey in the oven, hope I have cranberry for the dressing and turnip..called to see if the family would like to drop in for suppr, but it's a perfect ski and snowmobiling day so all are off enjoying the day..means I'll have plenty of left overs..

I should take more advantage of the slow cooker, such great recipes available..

Maybe I'll go look for my books and pick something easy for next weekend, have a lesson book for saturday morning for my new sewing machine, would be great coming hem to a home cooked meal.

Speaking of sewing, was cleaning my craft cupboard and found a pattern for an eagle I was gong to do years ago for nephew (godson) so picked up heat and bond and will play cut outs today while watching a movie.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 3, 2013
3:09 PM

Post #9407292

oh yes, ~M~ I'd forgotten you have a friend in Calgary lol
It's another beautifully sunny day here again today!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 3, 2013
4:03 PM

Post #9407334

May have to take out a loan for the bet Betty LoL
So far the Ravens have scored a TDown, and, San Fran got a field goal .. I think it's time for me to go to bed and read about it in the morning LoL

Out of here early in the morning to go and get gas in the truck, then Gord and I have a few places to go .. and, of course, it'll be -20 or more ... gads ..

Yep Susan, my friend 'Kathy' is in Calgary, and, she keeps me updated on the weather, usually on Face Book ..

Hope the Eagle turns out Betty .. sounds kinda nice.

Have a wonderful upcoming week everyone :-)

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 5, 2013
5:19 AM

Post #9408965

Well, I won the bet in the 'BLACKOUT BOWL' on Sunday .. watched some of the game, find it boring.

Weather is warming up here, even a bit of snow on the ground.

Going in to the Hospice office this morning to do some 'office work', then off to a dental appt with Lorna.

Hope everyone is enjoying their days :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 5, 2013
6:41 AM

Post #9409045

was -22 when I got to work this morning..brrrr chilled to the bones.

Good for you, now what shall you do with your winnings?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 5, 2013
2:36 PM

Post #9409521

LoL Betty, it's a whole $10., and, Lorna's Dad and I will now start betting on Baseball games .. he is a diehard Jays fan, so, I now have to pick a team to root for, am thinking perhaps the Chicago Cubs, or, the NY Yankees. I am also NOT a baseball fan, I'll watch the World Series (end games) that's about it.

Was so brilliantly sunny here today .. but. the wind from the northwest was not so nice ..

Went to Swiss chalet for supper (early) .. nice and quiet, food was good .. seems we go there once a week now ..

Off to watch the news, seems a young woman from TBay was murdered in Richmond Hill, as it goes, we kinow her .. we're hearing her brother shot her.
Right now all info is speculation .. this happened on Saturday at 2am

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 5, 2013
3:15 PM

Post #9409558

OMG "M", likely the young woman I've heard about..tragic for sure when the murder is done by a family member..drats..terrible!

Swiss Chalet is right across the street from the office, never think of ordering a 'to go' meal at night, then of course I have lunch at 2:00pm and am not thinking food at 4:30 when I leave.

Cooked a turkey dinner on Sunday, enought for the entire week. Think I shall put it in the freezer because I just know it will go to waste otherwise.

I'd have to say I'm not a fan of sports..mom and Aunt Muriel know every player and every statistic on them..just love going away with them and sitting in the room watching their games...NOT Thankfully I've the i-pad so I watch netflix with earplugs on lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 7, 2013
7:48 AM

Post #9411047

Busy days .. kinda like that .. makes the days go quickly :-)

Snow here, not any great amount though .. enough to make everything look pretty ..

Hope everyone is doing well and, keeping warm ..

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 7, 2013
10:35 AM

Post #9411191

Afternoon all,

Starting to snow here, Paul came in for a meeting, had me call all staff to tell him to work from home tomorrow..few minutes ago told us when we leave at 2:00 to go directly home..doesn't want to see us in harms way IF it storms.

Just called BIL Robert, he turned 68 today..watching him grow old makes me wonder how Roger would have aged, there was 18 months difference in age, hard to imagine him being70.

Getting belongings together and homeward bound!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 7, 2013
1:23 PM

Post #9411328

Hope your commute home was without incident Betty.
I am so worried about Murray and family. They fly out of TBay at 6am to TORONTO to get their flight south around 11am I believe.
That's the one thing that made Gordon and myself so leary of travelling in the winter months, although, we did it for several years. It was always such a nere wracking time. I didn't care if we couldn't leave Barbados, but being stucj in Pearson was another thing all together ..

We're just cruisin along her with a fluffy flurry here and there, nothing too earth shattering. Temps have moderated .. all in all not so bad.

Washed the SUV today .. BIG mistake, but, what are ya gonna do? The SALT encrusted on it was just way too much to take .. have avoided wearing any dark clothing as I swear, the salt jumps off the vehicle onto it LoL

Re Roger turning 70, has to make you think .. I would imagine he would have aged well with you by his side .. :-)

Off to make supper

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 7, 2013
2:14 PM

Post #9411387

"M", just starting to snow/blow, Toronto tomorrow is suppose to be kaos..let's hope Murray and family get out without a problem..had to smile when you said you wouldn't mind staying south, but not stranded in Toronto..they say that this storm is to be the biggest in 5 years..you know how often they get it wrong..let's hope they are.

my car is so filthy but I dare NOT wash it..in this cold and not having a garage, I'm sure the doors/windows would freeze. I will just have to wait.

been looking at flights to visit with Darlene for 3 or 4 days, DB Bernie just called, said he would come over in the next few days and see what I want done in the house..want small room between den and craft room finished..want a new zinc so now I shall have to debate with myself wether or not I should go, only 5 more weeks before I go spend a week and bring her back..

Everything always comes at once doesn't it?

will be watching right along with you the news on flights tomorrow

Hmmm after seeing both roger's brothers age, I just know he'd be a handsome silver haired gent!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2013
3:34 AM

Post #9411783

Oooh "M"' doesn't look good for Murray and family getting out today..blunt of the snow is yet to come.

Looking outside its a winter wonderland, glad its a Jammie day. Lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 8, 2013
4:39 AM

Post #9411801

Haven't heard from Murray as of yet, so we're thinking the flight left as scheduled for Toronto, whether it'll leave there is another question !!
They only took one cell phone, and, left all the other gizmos at home. I would imagine we'll receive a call or a text when they get to Toronto airport.
Unsettling to say the very least. BUT, they're treating it as part of their adventure :-)

Have a great JDay (Jammies Day), I tend to think I may just do the same as the frigid temps have returned here (-26C)

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2013
5:16 AM

Post #9411830

Storm is really moving in, worse they say is over next few hours..if winf picks up we shall be in trouble!

Here's hoping their adventure turns out to be just that

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 8, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9411911

Texting Murray as I type.
They made it to Toronto, on the plane to Punta Cana now, and it is being deiced before it takes off.
Says it's 'stacked up' out there ..
Fingers crossed all goes well .. I know the pilots don't take any chances ..
Will be happy to hear they are airborne and on their way ABOVE the storm :-)

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9411922

Mazing their flight is onetime..Lordy not so from what the news say..

I'm sure they don't take chances, they will sure enjoy the warmth..you should have packed your bags and gone with them, a truly dpfamily vacation

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 8, 2013
9:06 AM

Post #9412047

WELlllllllllllllllllllllllll .. the plane is still on the tarmac in Toronto, in line to GET in line to take off, and, they are being told it could be awhile .
I'm thinking they are going to have to de plane them and wait it out inside ..
My shattered nerves !!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2013
9:18 AM

Post #9412060

I am amazed that they got as far as the Tarmac..

Plowman just came for the 2nd time this morning and they say worse in Toronto!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 8, 2013
1:39 PM

Post #9412320

They are UP UP and away !! From what I gather they will arrive in Punta Canna at about 7pm, having left Toronto at around 2pm.
It was/is fascinating looking at the flight tracker .. the pilot completely skirted the storm, headed south and out across the ocean and south .. gotta hand it to them, they are good at what they do.
Poor Murray has a window seat, and was so wanting to get UP, he's 6'6" !!! Don't know if he did or not, Alison had the middle seat and she was lucky enough to have fallen asleep, therefore, he wanted to stay put.
Lets just say I am HAPPY, a few MORE grey hairs, but, HAPPY they got away :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2013
1:53 PM

Post #9412329

So glad they'll be walking the beach tonight..great experience for the young ones. Punta Canna I believe is where Greg and his family went at Christmas..bet they would be glad to be going now. Lol

Now you can rest knowing everyone is safe.

Snowing like crazy, plowman has been twice..am sure he'll be here again before morning!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 8, 2013
3:19 PM

Post #9412404

They are there !!
Gotta love the Westjet site :-)
Toes in sand .. drink in hand time for the family .. altho, neither Murray nor Alison drink .. but apparently the fruit drinks are wonderful, and NO ICE CUBES allowed LoL

Your plow man sounds reliable Betty, good thing you have him, I'd sure hate to see you out there shoveling that mess ..

Wonder how Susan is .. I hear Calgary is quite balmy :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 8, 2013
3:38 PM

Post #9412413

Still snowing, aunt Muriel just called, she was looking forward to coming over so I could help her with a rag quilt..told her perhaps Sunday she might come over.

Nothing like sitting on the beach enjoying the weather and scenery!

Haven't been out to do the steps or walkway to the basement entrance, it can wait lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 8, 2013
4:58 PM

Post #9412479

Hi all - just seeing/hearing on the news about how Ontario is getting "hit" and the tri-state area is getting flooded and snowed under in a blizzard... YIKES!
Betty - so glad to hear they're on their way to Punta Canna!!
Yes M - it's been really nice here - sunny, and warm (got to 8c yesterday... ) it's 6pm and still +1c.
Coldest we're getting now (at night) is minus 12c, and the snow is mostly gone! Still thaws then freezes at night so we go from puddles to thick ice... very slippery in the dark 5:45 am time going to work... !!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 9, 2013
2:26 AM

Post #9412776

Morning all, still dark out there but not snowing, hate to hazard a guess at how much snow we got..suppose to be a sunshine day today and tomorrow then snow forecasted for Monday..hmmm have the phones transferred here, could stay home again. Snowday/Snowday...lol

Susan, ice can be so dangerous..watch you don't fall

"M" bet you wish you were with the kids on the beaches..

I'm invited to nieces wedding in Jamaica in May..Paul is closing shop as all are invited. I may stay home and keep an eye on Kyle/Noah and the furries, not decided yet.

Need to get a move on, 1st lesson on my new husqvarna is this morning..also Canadian tire has a great sale on

Enjoy your day

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 9, 2013
5:25 AM

Post #9412853

Up and at'em here, altho, even though I am relieved re Murray and family, I am feeling a bit queazy (dizzy) as I took those pills (methotrexate) last evening.
Trying to shake it off as I have plans to do laundry and baking and get outside !!
Husqvarna!!! Are you learning how to do 'chain saw art' ? LoL .. betcha it's a sewing machine of sorts?

Susan , my bud, Kathy, DID fall on the ice going in to one of her clients homes .. didn't hurt herself, but shook her up a bit ..
I guess it's 'walker beware weather'
How long left in your position ?

I best get moving here, enjoy your Saturday everyone

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 9, 2013
9:39 AM

Post #9413062

Betty, you should see me tip toe over the ice... ever so carefully! I will NOT allow a fall, so maybe I'm a bit over-careful, but better safe than sorry...

~M~ , I have 2 more weeks, which makes it a total of 3 months in the position.
Don't know if I mentioned why I didn't get the job - I asked for and got Feedback from my boss - the Director of our dept. She said there was a complaint against me ie: I spoke sharply to someone and hurt their feelings, so I was deemed "not a fit". I was stunned, to say the least. Told Lora that I'd never had that said about me before, and she said "I can't believe that - maybe previous employers weren't honest with you". I really appreciate her honesty, believe me. It was a good conversation. After a couple of hours of soul-searching, I realized what she was referring to. One morning (early, before many people were around), I heard someone on the other side of my cubicle wall say, to someone on the phone) "you're old, you're untrainable, get over it!". He did not say it quietly either. Being "older" (will be 59 in March), I was shocked, and hurt. I didn't feel this should be said at all, let alone an open area. So, I thought about it for a few minutes, until he got off the phone, and I "called him on it". I told him I thought it was an insult, I'm older, and he should not have said it. He said it was a 29 yo woman (he's about my age I guess, maybe a bit younger, AND in HR to boot - so should have known better). Since then, we've been able to talk in a friendly manner - as I said, I said what I needed to, and "moved on". Obviously he hasn't.
Lora said, firstly I should not have been listening in on a private conversation and to a point she's right - but when it's said loudly because he didn't think anyone was around, it's kinda hard to overlook it.
Lora also said she liked my work, and I was doing a great job, but when a complaint has been lodged against me, she has to take it seriously. As I said, at the time of our conversation I could not recall the incident because I had "let it go" and had moved on. However, she also said - "there's 2 sides to every story". For sure!!! She also said that the Executive Assistant who's been training me really enjoys working with me. I've gotten a thank you card from one of the managers (with movie gift cards) for my assistant, and I told Lora that I feel in the past month that I feel I am fitting in with the group more easily.
Well, they interviewed 3 people for the job on Wed, and one of them will get the job. I offered to stay on doing Iron Mountain archiving of files that have sat at the company for 3 yrs or more, but don't think that's going to happen.
My last day is Feb 22nd - 2 weeks from now.
After that, I'm going to the disability organization that had offered me workshops and another org - the Province - that will help me find a job (called Employee Matching). Maybe that will help me get a perm job I can keep.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 9, 2013
11:12 AM

Post #9413162

Susan .. have always found that 'constructive criticism' is a 2 edged sword. As you know, privacy within the health care system is sacro sanct. If I were to overhear someone talking as you had, I tend to think I might have called them up on it, which would bring us to the OTHER edge of the sword .. how will the person take it, as we know, not all people take criticism well .. which, in your case, seems to be the problem
As you said, you let it go, obviously he wasn't mature enough to. Life does go on.

Have been waiting for SOME snow all day .. and .. if just started now .. am going out in the Mule for a ride about, it's so nice and mild out, Gord has taken the dogs for a good long walk .. it's Lilly's 6th BDay tomorrow, get ready for the pic LoL

Hope all you 'snow shovelers' are doing ok ..

The obit for the young woman from TBay killed by her brother in Richmond Hill is in the paper .. Lorna knew her well as the family landscaping business was right across from the cemetery where Lorna worked. I had met her several times as well, just a joy to know ..
Feel so bad for the family.

Off I go

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 9, 2013
11:37 AM

Post #9413179

I'm not in Health care anymore (I know you are), I'm in Hydro. I'm also not in HR - they've moved into our area, and apparently they used to have their own insulated, quiet area. They haven't learned the area is not so confidential anymore, and that's something he needs to learn, and fast!

btw - the temp here just went UP to +3c! It wasn't supposed to get higher than minus 2c!
Still, it's too cool and icy for me to go out... plus the fact that I'm house cleaning lol
Bob's working today, from 8-3 (long day, for his 6th of the week... usually it's only 1/2 day. He doesn't get paid for it either - take it as a "lieu day" but not sure when he can do that... siiiiiiiigh
Maybe in the summer when we're camping? BUT I need to have a perm job where I get vacation too...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 9, 2013
11:54 AM

Post #9413197

Waving hi Susan, wether right or wrong it's gret that you got feedback as to why you weren't the chosen one. My SIL Suzanne has a very cross voice, if you didn't know she is a pussycat you'd be complaining to the boss for sure. Guess its just how the other person here's your words.

Days in lieu are good, like you say, come a LNG weekend you can just say what to heck, take a few more days and go further afield.

"M" sad case for sure..did they say what angered him enough to take her life?

Just going to town today tired me out, or was it the shovelling? Lol

Waste of $35, three of us in the class because of weather, two girls had never sewn..instructor explained everything in great detail...how to wind bobbin,what different number of needles mean, had a pile of fabrics, learned which were what, learned to zig zag, hmmm maybe 2n'3rd and 4the class will be more to my liking should I decide to go.

Guess I should either get up from this couch and do something constructive or plan just to spend the day under a rag quilt playing lazy.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 10, 2013
3:03 PM

Post #9414486

Betty - re: other worker - if it's an easy thing, I'd prefer to talk to the person directly, rather than make a big "to do" about it and involve the supervisor, and apparently he thought it was a big deal, and personally I think he made more of it than necessary... but, there ya go!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 10, 2013
3:31 PM

Post #9414536

Just posting a quick hi..been in bed with the flu..only got up for washroom and once at 8am.called at 4am knowing he said he'd be here at 8' left voice mail at 4am saying don't come, who isat my door at 8am but Bernie's..covered my face in hopes I'd keep germs all to myself..no work tomorrow and perhaps Tuesday

Calln for freezing rain grrr

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 10, 2013
3:49 PM

Post #9414556

Betty - sure hope you feel better soon...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 11, 2013
4:33 AM

Post #9415015

Feel better soon Betty.
I hear a lot of people are down with that flu.

We got about 10-15cm of heavy wet snow overnight, so, I know what we'll all be up to today.
Lorna's parents have company from South Hampton and it's freezing rain there in King City.

Off to have a cuppa then go out and TRY to help with the snow removal.

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 11, 2013
6:00 AM

Post #9415092

Trying to settle my tummy down, thought if I had a hot bath and something on my tummy it might help..not so sure but worth the try.

Drizzle this am, not quite freezing rain, few degrees lower and we'd be in trouble ..
Did hear Toronto got it though..day for staying in for Lorna's parents and company..easy to fall and with ice yuk easy to do and break bones

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 11, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9415412

Hope the tummy responded to your TLC Betty.
My MTX pills snuck up on me again around 11am ... like someone opened a valve and let out all the air that was buoying me up !
Rested a bit, but, I am just NOT good at that.
Getting ready to 'bag' dog food this afternoon .. one of the drawbacks of feeding raw food .. has to be divided up and packaged and frozen.
Think I'll hit the shower before that ..

~M~
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

February 11, 2013
10:10 AM

Post #9415443

Marilynne and Betty, hope you both have some relief from your "yechy" feelings.
The east sure got a lot of snow with this last storm. Stay inside and rest if you can.
Susan, I know there is a job out there for you.

We have sunny skies and melting snow which prompted me to pull all my stored Cana's out of the cold room. Yikes! not one made it. That's what I get for not doing my usual routine in the fall. Had an early cold snap that meant I didn't use my regular method and they all rotted. I've had one Wyoming clump for 7 years. Oh well I guess this means I'll have to check around to get some root corms and start again. Begonia's saved are sprouting and 4 of 6 saved have signs of growth. My geraniums that were bare rooting are mostly starting again so I will be able to get some cuttings started early. Now I just have to get some seeds organized.

I finaly have my BP under control and don't have headaches all day, every day so yahoo!!
I am looking forward to spring and lots of light now.
Bye for now

Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 11, 2013
2:01 PM

Post #9415751

AlbertaAnn, not only is it nice to see you post but I'm thrilled you got your blood pressure under control,nothing worse than trying to get through a day fighting a headache...are you now on meds?

Never have much luck with canna's overwintering..main drawback is by the time the church has its plant/bulb sale its late to plant and hooe for flower.

Do have a geranium plant that is doing well in the back bedroom, the other I put in back closet and haven't watered looks completely dead, wonder if I should water or if looking dead is the thing it does while overwintering?

Was nice all day, missed the freezing rain, all of a sudden it's snowing to beat the dickens..could only hope for a Snowday. Give me an inch and I want a mile lol

"M" sounds like a lot of work making/bagging dog food..wow you are ambitious even when you aren't feeling the best.

Not sure about going into work tomorrow, still not 100%, that one more day might be the best thing for me.

Aunt Muriel dropped in for a few minutes, told her not to, didn't want her to catch what I have but she insisted..brought me 2 pairs of antique pillowcases, we're my aunt's grandmother from Ireland..the Crocker is outstanding..don't think the. We're ever used..one set done in clovers and other in fan...not sure what I shall do with them but sure I will find a home for them

Back to resting

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 11, 2013
3:26 PM

Post #9415845

Yahoo for your BP being down, Ann!!
Almost thinking maybe the Lord wants me to do more stuff with the Church and give up getting paid LOL LOL LOL

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 12, 2013
3:30 PM

Post #9416947

Good for you having been able to stabilize your BP Ann :-) Always a good thing ..

Betty, how are you feeling today ? Am hoping better .. I know I am .. still a bit dizzy, but, I find it tolerable, was able to go out with Gordon today and do some shopping .. lordie some of the streets (side) are a MESS from the weekends storm. Obviously people did NOT adhere to 'calendar parking rules' .. some streets are in very bad shape.
Had to pop by the dentists office, one side of his building is bordered by a side street, quite treacherous.
Lorna's Aunt and Uncle headed back to South Hampton this morning, said the road were icy (ish).

Susan .. are you alluding to the fact you might 'retire' :-)
I'm busier now than when I worked !!!

Best get back to my book ..

TTFN

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 12, 2013
8:20 PM

Post #9417269

Marilyn - can't afford to retire - only have $400 in my rsp's, so I don't work, I don't earn. No workie, no earnie...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2013
8:14 AM

Post #9417631

Morning, at work today, takes a bit of getting used to. Sunshine out there, can almost feel spring, well not really but I'd like to think it's right around the corner..weeks are moving so quickly it soon will be.

Noah spent the night with me, says he'll do it again tonight..nice to wake up in the morning to have someone to gab with so thought I'd go on my lunch to pick something up for him for Valentines Day for him.

Sure could get used to staying at home but like you say Susan, no work, no $$$...financially I could if I didn't want all the toys and travelling I do so it's a toss up, what to do, what to do.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 13, 2013
2:17 PM

Post #9418000

Good to hear you're feeling better Betty .. must have been nice to have Noah over for a sleepover too ..
Good luck finding something for him for VDay .. Gosh, the stores are so LOADED with stuff it's hard to choose ..
Went to Dollarama today and bought some cards, AND .. hang on .. a SUN HAT !!!! Pushing the season just a bit .. a loving nudge ^-^
Couldn't pass it up for $3.

Early day tomorrow, lab work and docs appt .. likely leave with a referral to an orthopedic surgeon .. BLAH !!!!!!!!!!!! Have still NOT come to grips with this whole arthritic thing .. seems to have just POUNCED on me !!

Enjoy your evening everyone, and

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY (early)

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 13, 2013
2:58 PM

Post #9418063

Glad I'm not paying dentist bills "m"' bought lots of treats seeing Noah is here for the evening again..thought he'd spend time seeing grandma isn't well.

Had to laugh, said in family studies today he learned how to sew..doing an owl project..says its not easy sewing with a needle..asked if he enjoyed it, said nope but got to do it. Looking forward to seeng it.(grin)

Sorry you are still hurting..sure did come on quickly..

Lordy a sun hat?? You are rushing things. Lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 14, 2013
3:05 AM

Post #9418533

Happy Valentines Day everyone!!

Woke up to a lovely email from Darlene, she found a perfect place in Florida, will be going to buy it if she can make contact with owner today.

Off to get breakfast for Noah..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 14, 2013
3:49 PM

Post #9419213

yaaaaaaaaaay for Darlene!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 14, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9419226

Nice Darlene found a suitable place that she likes :-)
My cousin had a little bit of frantic this morning re Florida .. all of a sudden he heard he had to have an INTERNATIONAL Drivers Licence to drive in Fla. He and his wife are leaving tomorrow ..
He buzzed down to the CAA office, line up out the door .. after 4 hours,and $25. he had the document, got home, only to learn on the evening news that the State of Fla rescinded the request !!

Saw my doc today .. MRI results held NO good news for me .. he is going to wait to refer me to an orthopod, he wants me to have a few more doses of the 'drug' I take on Fridays under my belt as it sometimes work in 3-4 months ..
As I am NOT a fan of surgery, I'll go with the drugs.
My blood work was a bit wonkie as well .. but.. I think that'll straighten out ...

Had both breakfast AND lunch in town with Gordon .. cooked salmon tonight .. so easy, and so good ..

Off to perhaps finish my book ..

CHEERS everyone

~M~

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 15, 2013
6:40 AM

Post #9419717

TGIF !!!
Just had a 'text chat' with Murray and fam .. they are having a most excellent time on their vacation. They were able to visit a school and a hospital yesterday and distribute the 'gifts' they brought with them .. all were well received and the grandkids sure saw what life is like from another perspective.

The cold has returned to TBay .. have decided to make today a stay at home day .. I'm in no rush to do anything of import today.

Enjoy your weekend

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 15, 2013
10:05 AM

Post #9419912

Waving 'hi'
I will still contact CAA "M" before leaving for Florida in a few weeks..my concern is IF you were to have an accident you know how insurance companies can be, because the law will still be on the books they could say we (I) aren't covered..you'd almost think I don't trust insurance companies...

Sorry to hear "M" that you didn't get news..think I'd go for as long as drugs can help then guess it would be bite the bullet and try surgery..worrysome for sure.

My girlfriend Dianne asked about a month ago if I'd take her to Buffalo re shopping for fabrics for a few quilts she wants to do..finally told her if she wanted we could go Saturday early a.m. and come back later during the day..makes for a long one but seeing as she is not a shopper its do-able.

Just dozing off last night and she called, I had mentioned going after work today then leaving earlier tomorrow, didn't much care for that idea but thought about it I guess and called asking if we could. Out of a sound sleep I booked hotel room, packed what I thought I'd have all evening to get ready in a hurry this morning, most are mailing for USA Post Office, worked on more here at the office so I think all is in order. I get off at 3pm so she'll meet up with me here. So we wouldn't have 2 cars, Suzanne picked me up this morning..I'm usually the driver, but with Dianne driving she may just want to do it all herself..ok with me lol Do have some supplies I need to finish all the tops I have ready for quilting so with President Day Sales, maybe we can get some good bargoons lol

Lunch time, if I don't get back before I leave, have a great weekend!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 16, 2013
3:20 PM

Post #9421226

Given the 'PEACE SIGN' to everyone, bout all I'm up to today .. yuk, took the meds last night, and have been in bed 90% of this Saturday.
This was the eigth dose, and I really am hoping this is an anomaly this time.

Murray and family are feeling the anti climacticness (is that a word) of a wonderful vacation coming to an end. I know what it feels like, and hate that they have to go through this phase, BUT, it does make making plans for the next trip that much easier :-)

Back to my book., and, no doubt to sleep !!

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 16, 2013
3:45 PM

Post #9421255

What a drag "M"' here is hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Always sad when you are having a great time and know the cold and white stuff along with the routine awaits you...yep, can start planning next year's holiday while flying home!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 17, 2013
5:15 AM

Post #9421619

OMG Betty, it's -30C here this morning .. Murray has already texted me, they are about to have breakfast by the pool and, spend the day sunning and relaxing either by the pool, or, in the ocean.
I didn't have the heart to tell him the temperature, AND, the fact that on Monday we are 'expecting' 10cm of snow !!
But, that's life.

How was your boodle across the border ? Hope you were able to find materials for Dianne.
Reminds me, I should have a parcel at the border any day now, mayhaps Lorna and I will drive along further and have lunch at a very nice place by the lake .. guess it'll depend on the weather. Always a crap shoot at this time of the year.
We were/are considering a get away to Winnipeg (maybe) .. again, weather is a factor .. but, it'd be nice to go. It's a 6-7 hour drive, but a nice drive, just that driving IN Winnipeg is horrendous.
When I was there during Lorna's ordeal, Echoes (Brenda) and her awesome hubby Connor picked me up in their Saab convertible, on a hot and sultry September evening and we went for ice cream, it was SO appreciated and HE did the driving LoL
I remember one of the ambulance drivers saying (when Lorna was transferred from one hosp to another) that the drivers in Wpg had gotten worse during his years behind the wheel of the ambulance .. he advised me to take cabs where possible, i paid heed to that ..

Have promised Date squares, so, had best get the dates out and start chopping .. am making Murray and fam a casserole to leave in their fridge for Tuesday .. just something simple, I SO remember what it was like to come home and have to start cooking .. it's sure nothing fancy, but something they ALL like (miraculous in itself) !!

Best get a move on, stripped the beds, now have laundry to do .. ya see that .. starting to bite off more than I can chew !!!

Enjoy your day

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 17, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9421627

Morning, didn't check the temps but it's bitter cold, actually house and trees are saying ouch, can hear them crackling soooo must be one of the coldest days.

Must have had rain over the few days I didn't use the vehicle, took over 1/2 hour to melt the ice on the windshield so I could go to Foodland. Have company coming any minute so I can help her make placemats..drats, I'm ready for bed, been up since just after 3am..

House cleaned, craft room organized..most of the dust dealt with..floors washed..now I'm nodding off..c r a z y!

Love date sqares..was just saying to Dianne yesterday, must be 30 years since I've had date pie..yikes..think I meant figs. Lol. Will have to tell her.

When you say you might go to Winnipeg, here I'm thinking it's quite a trip for you and Lorna but perhaps not.

Feel chilled, just turned off the fireplace in the living room, best I go put it back on...

Poor Murray and family...

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 17, 2013
6:53 PM

Post #9422467

oh Marilyn - how I envy you your trip to Winnipeg - want to go SO much to visit my family...
I'm saving the Air Miles... have 1320, and need 1475... 155 to go, and we're watching our $$...

Betty - have you ever been to the Burger Barn in Brantford? It was featured on "You Gotta Eat Here" tv show tonight, and the burgers look... WOW HUGE!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 18, 2013
5:26 AM

Post #9422733

Still in the 'planning stages' Susan, happily it's a driveable distance for us .. altho, the air travel is less than hour. Have to balance all the variables .. but, realistically, travelling by car is the best bet as Lorna has 'equipment' that would have to travel with us.

We got SNOW overnight, I'd way about 5cm. With that are temps that are not too shabby .. better than -30C !!

Family Day here in Ontario, think Gord and I will be heading over to Murrays to check things out. He has 2 friends checking the house as well .. I'm making them a casserole so they don't have to worry about their supper Tuesday night ..

Spent a few hours DOWN yesterday .. my own fault, did WAY too much. Breaking that pattern is NOT easy !!!

Betty, you certainly are a busy lady .. hope the placemats turned out well :-)
Are you feeling better?

I best get to cubing ham and shredding cheese for the casserole .. seems everyone is sleeping in here except the animals and me LoL

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 18, 2013
6:31 AM

Post #9422822

Morning, clear day here but bitter cold..glad it will be a Jammie Day. Lol

They will love coming home to a home cooked meal..you are so thoughtful even when you are down..

I also when travelling consider driving..when you add in drive to airport, parking issues, hours you have to be at airport before catching the plane, getting to where you want to go, renting a vehicle etc etc. might as well drive. When exactly are you planning your trip? Spring?

Darlene called me yesterday, I will leave around March 15th, fly down then pack up her vehicle and head home so that I'm back for Easter. She bought a place but won't take it over until April when the owner gets his new trailer delivered but she can leave much of what she bought down there stored in one of the rooms. I'm looking forward to heading down there..

Likely a busy travel year, Florida in March, perhaps Jamaica for nieces wedding in May, Florida again for DG reunion, New Orleans/Branson 1st week of August then back to Florida in November..add trips to Buffalo and I just know I won't be saving pennies this year. Lol. Oh well, only live once right?

Roger's cousin's wife enjoyed her day..had the 12 tops of the placemats done when she left, knows how to finish, if not she will call..here and there I quilted another 6 placemats, added the borders, got 2 finished and will take the other to work tomorrow to hand sew..

Today I'm finishing come hell or high water 2 centers that were sent to me in an ongoing swap, one is Susan's, beautiful piece. Bit complicating as the border sent has a black border so traditional way of adding it to the center doesn't work..pattern and size makes it mind boggling for metering but I'll struggle through and be glad it's finished and on its way.

Should follow your lead "M" and find something to cook that is easy but tasty for supper tonight.

Yep, Family day, Greg and family are gone snowmobiling to the islands Orth..Jeff and boys are away skiing..glad they enjoy, me, I'm happy just to float around the house from interest to interest.
Sure was a tired girl last night, was up just after 3am..did sooo much cleaning that today I simply had to make my bed. Feels nice..

Always do one household chore each day, maybe I could include the junk box!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 18, 2013
6:59 AM

Post #9422881

my visitor hard at work
when finished, she will have 2 sets of 6

Thumbnail by Bettypauze   Thumbnail by Bettypauze         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 18, 2013
8:46 AM

Post #9423050

Got this link in email today .. interesting, would be well used here today :-)

[HYPERLINK@www.youtube.com]

Your 'student' certainly looks engrossed in her work Betty ..

Murray just texted me, they are taking their final walk on the beach, then off to the airport .. flight leaves at 4pm .. they go to Toronto, then on to TBay .. I can almost feel the sadness in their texts.
Hopefully the casserole and muffins will cheer them up LoL

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 18, 2013
9:03 AM

Post #9423064

Marilyn - wish we had that snowplow HERE! Can well believe it's usefulness in BC as well as Ontario, and down east in the Maritimes...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 19, 2013
5:22 AM

Post #9424002

Quite the plow (plough) huh?
From what I hear it must be used near Betty's neck of the woods.
Snowed here 'a bit' again last night, just enough to 'pretty up' the Evergreens .. I never tire of looking at them when they're flocked with snow .. mind you .. the temps are NOT nice .. back to -25C

Off to the city today, need gas for the SUV as well as some groceries ..
Murray and family arrives about 10 minutes late last night at 1150pm from Toronto, all of them were minimally sunburned .. they had tried to squeak out those last few hours in the sun and the sand ..
They're glad to be home, and, their dogs are ecstatic !!

Hope everyone has a great day :-)

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 19, 2013
5:01 PM

Post #9424752

Yes, quite the plow!!

Flashback to April 2nd, 2011 – almost 2 years ago.
I fell on my left knee on ice/snow. Dr. had it x-rayed, said it was a sprain, and I was on crutches for a month.
My chiropractor said I had very little cartilage in that knee.
Flash forward– I've quit that Dr, and started with a new one as of Nov 2012.
Today my Dr felt the area and found a (Major!!) pain spot (almost hit the ceiling when he pressed it!)
He’s ordered an MRI on a semi-urgent and thinks I've torn something. I’ll get an app’t within a month, and he’ll see me a week afterwards when he should have the results.
Oh, and he thinks that I may be doing more damage to it by all the walking I'm doing (which I was doing because of the osteopenia/bone loss he diagnosed me with in December – can’t win for losing, eh??!).
So, for awhile I’ll be curbing my walking, and wait to see the results of the future MRI.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 19, 2013
6:42 PM

Post #9424850

Long day so just waving as I head for bed...

Ouch Susan

Calling for storm..I'm hoping it's a Snowday..lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 20, 2013
4:25 AM

Post #9425177

take care Betty!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 20, 2013
5:09 AM

Post #9425191

OUCH Susan!!
Sounds as though you might have torn the meniscus? As you say, the MRI will tell .. good luck with that and I sure hope the pain in the knee isn't too intolerable.
Lorna's only knee, her right one, has an meniscal tear, they offered physio first, followed by (if she wanted) a cortisone injection. She did about 2 months of physio, basically shoring up the muscles in and around the knee, and, she continues the exercises everyday (twice a day) at home, with, I am happy to say, GOOD results. She has not needed a cortisone shot.

Did you get a storm Betty ? A snowday would be nice for you :-)
We are in the deep freeze still ..but, February is creeping along, almost outta here .. I always feel that ending Feb. and heading into March is a good thing ..
Easter Sunday falls on March 31 this year .. early .. last year it was April 8 (Lorna's Mom's BDay) .. and Austin's BDay is April 10 so we had kind of a double celebration .. AND .. we had a wicked snowstorm mid April last year too.
Ahh well .. I do imagine Spring is out there somewhere trying to decide when to drop in on us :-)

I printed off a 'method' of starting seeds in the home. It's done with the cardboard insert from paper towels, or, toilet paper .. it looks easy, and, once the seedlings sprout and grow, you simply transfer the carboard containers into the prepared earth in the garden. Thinking of pre starting tomtatoes, but, not until mid April or later .. wouldn't be able to plant them outside until AFTER Father's Day .
Imagine, thinking about planting stuff already ..

Off to bake an apple pie, found a super nice bag of BC Macs yesterday :-)

Toodles

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 20, 2013
5:54 AM

Post #9425228

Morning all..buses were cancelled, snowing and blowing but drove into work, why, not quite sure lol

Easter is early..I'll be in Florida the week before and driving Darlene back home and hoping we miss the Easter travelling traffic of snowbirds coming home from Florida.

You keep talking pies "M" think maybe this weekend I'll make a few. To date I've nothing planned except staying home and playing..heck who knows, might put my jammies on Thursday night and take them off on Monday when getting ready for work..wouldn't that be a perfect weekend.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 20, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9426194

Quite the storm you had, Betty!
Marilyn - thanks for the heads up on the meniscus tear... looked it up, and wouldn't you know it - the pain is on the inside of the knee...
Anyway, not sure it is a meniscus tear until I get results, but suspect you're right (you're Such a good nurse, m'dear!)
I saw something on treatment, and it sounds about right - cold compress, certain exercises, etc.
Wonder if the exercises my chiropractor was suggesting would have been good or bad for the knee. He was saying, when I was sitting down, to put my knee up, and press outwards (outside part of knee down) and this would stretch the ligaments to help repair the sprain (this is when my previous Dr said it was sprained, and the Chiropractor didn't disagree...)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 22, 2013
8:31 AM

Post #9427794

Freezing rain greeted us this morning, had to cancel an appt. Not important enough to have to drive in the stuff.
Mind, the temps have risen, so, some silver lining in the clouds :-)

Susan, Lorna does a set of exercises, can't say as she dows that particular one .. does 2 sets of 20 straight leg lifts, one where she sits on a chair and simply raises her right foot up and down on the toes 20x and then the heel. She does few stretches as well .. all I know is she is dedicated to these exercises as they have helped her immensley.

Haven't seen anything posted from ViolaAnn since the beginning of Feb. Sure hope she's ok ..

Guess I should decided what's up next .. or not LoL

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 22, 2013
8:50 AM

Post #9427807

The dreaded freezing rain..place to be is home safe and warm!

Did say by days end we might get the same but nice and clear right now.

Our ViolaAnn is so very busy with her music/daily and travel..bet she is just enjoying life!

Wonderful that Lorna is so dedicated to excercizing, wish I could get into a routine..wii fit sure was a waste of $$$.

Only REAL excercize is cutting grass and gardening.

3 more hours and my shift is over..had 4 calls, 2 being staff..Fridays are always soo quiet..thrilled I can work from home.

Been craving raisin pie..said I will stay in Jammie's all day but just might head to a bakery. Lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 22, 2013
3:10 PM

Post #9428181

ooooooooh Betty - now you have me thinking about raisin pie... love, love, love it! Don't get it much, cuz Bob doesn't like it, and a lot of people here don't understand it... ?!?!?! go figure... lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 22, 2013
3:54 PM

Post #9428242

Raisin pie was my maternal Grandpas favourite .. I never developed a like for it as I found it to be too sweet, at least the recipe my Grandma used made a very sweet pie.

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 22, 2013
9:10 PM

Post #9428547

and it is my mom's favourite - every Christmas it was a traditional staple at our house!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 23, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9428704

Will be on the search for raisin pie today..planned to stay in my Jammie's today but I see that I'm in need of supplies if I want to finish some sewing projects.few bakeries in Orillia..here is hoping! Another grandma's favorite was fig pie..must be a French thing.

Few flakes out there, feels damp, the kind of chill that goes right through your bones...brrrrr

Well,I guess I've made my mind to go on a jaunt..best get a move on..want to be home for noon

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 23, 2013
2:15 PM

Post #9429133

Betty, hope your jaunt was productive .. AND, that you found a raisin pie !!

Murray and family were over for the better part of the day, saw their pics from Punta Cana, and heard their stories .. all good, and, a trip well enjoyed :-)

Murray and Gordon made their reservations for Hamilton for March .. Murray is having surgery there, and, as I can't go due to my hip, Gordon is going with him .. Alison has to stay back with the kids , and, of course, her job.
We used to know folks in Hamilton, but, not anymore .. am sure all will be fine and dandy ..

Off to cook supper

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 23, 2013
2:35 PM

Post #9429149

Funny you should ask "M" just stopped sewing long enough to have a piece of raisin pie. Looked at a few bakeries, Mariposa Market ( well known for their sweets) nope. Almost gave up, stopped at another place, yep, meat pie, raisin pie and cinnamon buns. Lol. Even met a friend I hadn't seen in over twenty years who works at Country produce, infact made the pies. We've promised to keep in touch.

Snowing, snowmobiles going up and down the road, noisy things but how I remember enjoying such a day.

How long will Murray be in the hospital "M"? Hope it's nothing too serious..
Great that Gordon will be there with him. Too bad Hamilton is over 2 hr drive or they could stay with me.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 24, 2013
5:14 AM

Post #9429600

Betty, it's always such a treat to meet someone you haven't seen for an extended period of time, AND, actually recognize them LoL
Sometimes it's a toss up as people can really change their looks in 20 years. I have been caught off guard a few times. Always ends up to the positive though. I do so hope you do keep in touch.

Murray will be in hospital for about 3-4 days, nothing serious, but, as it is surgery I'm nervous .. and, of course, I feel bad it isn't me with him, but, as it stands right now, I can't zoom around as I am used to. Gordon will do well I am sure, but, well .. he is a man, and he does rely on me .. guess we'll see
We USED to have friends in Hamilton, but, it seems they live elsewhere now, Beaton, and Alliston just a bit far to drive .. I'm sure the time will pass quickly ..

The kids (and company) ate all the date squares yesterday, so am going to make more today, as well as another apple pie .. for heavens sake .. I found ANOTHER bag of Macs .. now I have a bag and a half of apples looking at me. I only eat Golden Delicious, and Gord eats Fuji, so, I will be on baking duty today to use them up as I HATE wasting ..
Hope I get a chance to get outside .. it's -6C now, and damp, but I just like to get out, even if it's to Tims for a coffee, 10 miles away LoL

Have a wonderful Sunday, and, take good care :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 24, 2013
6:55 AM

Post #9429667

Morning all,

Light snow here, won't amount to much, nice to look out and see, of course my plan today is to play inside and not go anywhere but I thought I'd do that yesterday and didn't so who knows what my real day will be like.

Susan has always had a hard life, we didn't get to talk a whole lot but from what I gather not much has changed..do hooe she drops by..she has a busy schedule. Might drop in to the store again and fine out what time her lunch break is and visit that way. Don't often shop in Orillia just when I need fabric at fabricland.

"m". Thought of you as I walk Mariposa Market..people come from all over for their baked good..you should have seen the cakes and pies. Would save you a whole lot of energy if you lived closer..you are our resident pie maker..when I make them I make dozens at a time them nada nothing for months.

That is heck of a ride for Timmies, it's about 5 miles down the road for me..when im not being lazy I often take early morning ride on weekends to get one.

Know you worry not being with Gordon but its for the best, he wouldn't want you to put your health at risk. Before you know it he'll be home recuperating.

Do you think it's too early for a piece of raisin pie?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 24, 2013
2:54 PM

Post #9430216

oh, gotta find my mom's recipe for Raisin Pie..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 24, 2013
5:11 PM

Post #9430335

Just got back from having supper in celebration of Noah's birthday. My heart went out to him, he was so upset, crying from the scare..totaled his snowmobile this afternoon..he will be sore tomorrow but luckily no broken bones.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 24, 2013
6:38 PM

Post #9430404

oh poor Noah! lucky him, no broken bones

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 25, 2013
4:45 AM

Post #9430644

Ohmigosh Betty, good to hear Noah weathered the crash !! Am thinking there was insurance on the sled ?
There have been several snowmobile accidents up this way, sad to say, a couple have been fatal.

Looks to be a -5C day .. with sun .. have no plans, yet, but that could change.
Gord is off to town to have coffee with his brother. Percy lives down the lakeshore by about 80 miles, and is in town today for some renovation supplies.
That bag of Mac apples is still looking at me, I made Date squares instead of pie. So, if Lorna peels, I'll roll dough, and, the pie will be done pretty quickly :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful day, and, an awesome week ~~

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 25, 2013
6:16 AM

Post #9430772

Just called Greg, he said that Noah is home today, too many aches and pains..could have been so much worse..as you know, you buy insurance for these sleds then if you put in a claim the insurance goes through the roof so not sure what they will do. Just lucy..Greg said his heart was in his throat when he saw it happen not knowing waht he'd find..guess Noah was going a tad too fast and hit a ice break which was covered in snow.

Terrible night's sleep, think it was just after 3am when I decided to get up, won't be a late night tonight, who knows, quiet here today, just might put my head back and have a nap.

Nice that Gord gets to meet up with his brother even if it is only for coffee. Does Gord still work?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 25, 2013
7:58 AM

Post #9430896

Noah could have been hurt a lot more... and having Greg see it happen! I'll just bet his heart was in his throat!!!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 25, 2013
4:25 PM

Post #9431560

Sure glad to hear Noah is just suffering from aches and pains .. I would imagine they had him 'checked out' in emerg ? Sometimes small things go overlooked, am thinking mostly about whiplash ..

Gord retired from the ever crazy and stressful life of Firefighter Paramedic a couple of years ago .. after 31 years he had had enough .. and, the job was becoming more demanding physically .. and, he had seen and done enough in his career. He sometimes goes into one ot the halls to talk to new recruits.

The pie is still NOT made. I was having excruciating hip pain around 11am, laid down and .. well .. I stayed there til about 6pm !!
Not really sleeping, just resting. Talked on the phone, cuddled with the dogs .. not something I do very often ( go back to bed) .. if ever !! Am thinking it could be side effects of the drug i take on Fridays.

Anyway .. off to watch Corrie ...

Hope everyone sleeps well ...

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 25, 2013
4:30 PM

Post #9431563

We tape Corrie and watch it later. Tonight's Bob's bowling league night, so we want to watch it together later.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 26, 2013
5:50 AM

Post #9432047

Corrie is starting to get almost too 'stressful' to watch Susan LoL
At times I'll take a 2-3 week break when the show gets nuts .. like the Fizz, Tyrone and Kirsti story line .. mind boggling.

Rec'd this link in an email this morning, it's 25 minutes long, but, if you are a fan of NASA and Astronauts, this is something you will enjoy.

Click here: Departing Space Station Commander Provides Tour of Orbital Laboratory - YouTube
Sure hope it works ..

Lorna has a prosthetist appt this aft, so we're on the move. I know she is NOT happy with him, and SO wants to go to SunnyBrook for another opinion/assessment, but, is afraid to bring the subject up as she doesn't want to upset Kerry. I guess we both just feel there HAS to be something BETTER out there. Would LOVE to go to a Vets Hospital in the US where they look after vets with amputations, just to see how far they have advanced with their prosthetics.

Have a super day, hope Noah is feeling better today.

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 26, 2013
5:59 AM

Post #9432054

"M" does that mean you will be heading my way?

Not great when you know you are being given the run around and know that there are much better options available out there. Guess it would be too costly to go see them at the Vets hospital without our medical funding?

Roger had a spine operation at Sunnybrook..it was a fantastic hospital. Said likely chances he'd walk again would be less than 50% but they went in through his throat, did the repairs and it helped..that was a few years before he passed on..they told him at the time that eventually he'd need fusing and be in wheel chair so when he was always in mega pain I'd say go see the doctor and he'd say, nope, just what they told me would happen and I'll not try the fusing..that delayed his getting treatment for cancer as that was the reason for his pain.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 26, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9432074

Marilyn - about Corrie - I think back to my 20's when I used to watch it.and comparing the storylines with different people then and now. Just imagine - b/w shows, and curlers all the time lol and Ken has been on the show since he was 16 and he's now in his 60's!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 26, 2013
6:57 AM

Post #9432121

Got into it for a bit when I was home bedridden but don't keep up with any soaps..remember a time I'd meet with friends and all would have to head home to watch their soaps in the afternoon.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 26, 2013
7:03 AM

Post #9432125

yes, soaps are overriding all other activities for some people...
The only soap I could EVER get into was Corrie.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 26, 2013
8:15 AM

Post #9432267

at one time mine was Young and the Restless..I was 17, in the hospital for almost a year..was the highlight of my day..let me see, it was 48 years ago..wow and some are still on the show

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 26, 2013
8:53 AM

Post #9432326

Wow!!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2013
8:15 AM

Post #9433508

I called the Drs office to see if they'd heard re: my scheduling of the MRI.
She said when she had an MRI it took a year to get one, and that it can take a long time (a month?) to even get it scheduled... siiiiiiiiiigh.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 27, 2013
9:33 AM

Post #9433619

Call every day Susan, they will get tired of the calls and get you your scheduled appointment..as you say, does take time for the test BUT at least book it!!

Went to the fabric shop, it's lightly snowing but talk about slush, if it freezes we'll be in trouble!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2013
9:45 AM

Post #9433629

She said to call on Friday, and that they don't make the appointments - the MRI clinic does. Once my Dr has requested the appointment, they just have to sit and wait for the clinic to get back to them, too...
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

February 27, 2013
10:45 AM

Post #9433704

Hi Susan
If you tell your Doc that you would take an out of town appointment they can book faster. Somewhere close, just out of town. My Mom got in in 2 weeks that way.
Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 27, 2013
11:17 AM

Post #9433741

Great idea Ann, when I had mine done I said it didn't matter what time, ended up in a late evening appt.

Should be that way, have 3 shifts..I'd more than welcome at 2am appt if it meant getting in sooner

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 27, 2013
12:56 PM

Post #9433833

My MRI was at 5am .. great parking at that time :-)

~M~

PS, it took 3 months to get the appt though ..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2013
1:55 PM

Post #9433896

I'll see if they have one in Airdrie, etc - would be close enough!
Thanks for the suggestion, Ann!!!!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 27, 2013
2:34 PM

Post #9433924

Betty., did you get the snow?
Have been watching the weather channel... WOW!

M

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 27, 2013

Post #9433947

Yes, not quite as much as Toronto though ..talk about slush, lots of flooding for sure..have to watch out in the morning if it freezes!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2013
3:08 PM

Post #9433960

Hey wanna hear of my "deal" shopping? We went to the grocery store for Bob's coffee cream and bus pass, and were window shopping in the meat dept. They had Pork Loin Rib Half, for $4.39 Kg (there are 2.2 lbs per Kg). One of them didn't have a "per kg" price, but the $4.39 was in the "total price" part of the label... We took it to Customer Service, and the manager said that we could have it for that price!! Not only That, but the scan showed $4.17 total!! So, we got it for 1/3 the price!! It Should have been $13.65... (biggrin)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 27, 2013
3:24 PM

Post #9433974

Bonus!
Should buy a lottery ticket!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 27, 2013
3:43 PM

Post #9433984

lol that's what the clerk said lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 28, 2013
4:58 AM

Post #9434285

Windy day here so far today ..
Trip to town planned.
I haven't been feeling all that well :-( pretty sure it's from the drug I take on Friday evenings.
best make myself a cuppa ..

Take care

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 28, 2013
5:28 AM

Post #9434301

sorry to hear you're feeling under the weather, Marilyn - keep warm, and drink lots of liquids...

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

February 28, 2013
7:59 AM

Post #9434443

Daughter posted this on FB yesterday with the comment, "Photo of the day. Leila has taken to waking up early and having her way about the house. This morning she came out of her room saying she 'found' this bag on her bed. She'd left the evidence of the chair pushed up against the counter in the kitchen. Oh well, one must let them think they are getting away with some things right? lol"

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 28, 2013
8:07 AM

Post #9434462

lol Ann - she "found" it, eh? lol too adorable!
Obviously your GD is pretty open and upfront about having the stuff - probably wanted mom to know how clever she is, in finding the treats lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2013
8:24 AM

Post #9434497

Sooo laughing, and to think they do think they have one over the parents..
how have you been doing Ann, getting ansy to get out into the gardens right?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 28, 2013
8:27 AM

Post #9434502

Ann - I heard that Ottawa is really getting "hit" with a huge amount of snow - have you dug yourself out yet? Or is it time to look out at the beauty and let someone else do the shovelling later lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

February 28, 2013
2:19 PM

Post #9434774

OH MY look at Leila !!!! She has grown so much .. and such a sweet 'cherubic' smile :-)
Gotta luv kiddies !!

Lorna's folks (just north of TO) picked up another 4" of heavy snow .. they're quite sick of it ..

Did get a shop done in the city, wiped me right out .. really am getting VERY disenchanted with these side effects !!!

Hope everyone has a lovely evening ..
I just cracked open a new book, so I'll be glued to it for a week or so ..

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2013
3:11 PM

Post #9434818

Hit about every type of weather on my way home except for sunshine..snowing and blowing in Barrie, near Hillsdale rain, near Coldwater and home fog!

Did my running around tonight,that way tomorrow while staying home I will have little to do.

Going out tomorrow night with family, keep telling them I'd rather stay in but they are not going for it. Lol

"M" are the Friday meds have to be taken till end of time or just for a bit longer..got to wonder if it's worth taking them.

Boys bought me a Sony reader a few years ago, Jeff loaded it with over a 1,000 books, just after I bought an iPad, he reloaded them on iPad, got a laptop and he reloaded them on it and I don't think I've read more than a couple of books..should get back reading, thing with me reading though is I'll start a book and not put it down Neil it's read..nothing else gets done.. Maybe I will get one out tonight as it just might put me to sleep.

Hooe you are feeling better tonight 'M'

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 28, 2013
3:37 PM

Post #9434842

I've read ever so many of the books that Greg loaded on my e-reader.
I've been reading James Patterson's books about Alex Cross.
They're detective stories, and yes, they're a bit gruesome, but they also are exciting, informative and romantic.
Thanks again (Greg) for the books - you've gotten me reading again!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2013
3:41 PM

Post #9434844

Wrong son Susan, Jeff is the one that did the books for you. Lol

The one I'm on is by James Patterson, enjoy his books

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 28, 2013
5:22 PM

Post #9434934

OH... Jeff. Sorry!! lol
Which one are you reading, Betty?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

February 28, 2013
5:34 PM

Post #9434942

Ooops. Is John Grisham and the Appeal

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 28, 2013
5:46 PM

Post #9434950

oh, ok - bet that James Patterson is a little more gory...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 1, 2013
4:48 AM

Post #9435185

I tend to read biographies or ROMANCE novels, set in Ireland it seems. Colleen Kelly and Maeve Binchey are 2 great authors .. and I read non fiction as well ... one of my favoutires being James Herriot the Scots veterinarian. He tends to write in 'short stories', so, you can take a book (usually kinda BIG) to an appt and be assured of reading at least one endearing story :-)
Gordon is a history buff and has his nose in a book almost constantly .. I think if he ever was able to go back in time it would be to the 2nd World War era .. he is quite a historian in his own right.
I bought him an EReader .. well .. I couldn't for the life of me figure it out, then WE lost it TWICE as it was so thin and easily slid away on us .. so .. I took it back and got the BBerry PlayBook, which I love ..
I guess the whole ceremony of picking up the book, glancing at the cover, the weight in your hand is somewhat comforting and relaxing ?
Not that I wouldn't like an EReader, and, who knows, somewhere down the line I may just get another one. Austin or Brooklyn would be able to download books for me without a problem.

FREE day today, have decided to take wahtever comes my way and go with it .. no plans to bake, or cook, just NOTHING .. LoL GADS it was even tough for me to type that LoL
Having the fam over for a pizza night Saturday .. fingers crossed I'm OK :-(
Betty, I am to take those meds for several months .. he gave me a 6 months supply to start off with .. but .. I belong to an arthritic forum online, and, persons on it have taken methotrexate for YEARS .. and, they suffered through the same side effects I am having, but, after a bit, they went away.

Off to have a cuppa (or two)

TGIF

~M~

This message was edited Mar 1, 2013 7:51 AM

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 1, 2013
5:28 AM

Post #9435216

Marilyn - I understand having a book in your hands... I'm the one who would walk across a crosswalk with a book in her hands, when I was younger... God looks out for the foolish lol
BUT, when waiting in line for 1/2 hour, there's no way I'm reading a big book.
After chatting with my DSister and DD who both have Kobos, I got one for myself Christmas 2011 and Betty's darling son, Jeff (I got it right, Betty!!) filled it, and now I'm a Very happy camper!! I'm reading books I never thought I would, and really like to be able to tote it back and forth to work on the bus, and stand in line at the Bottle Depot (recycling depot, not the liquor mart LOL)

Well, it's 0celcius, and supposed to get to 10c! Which usually means that it will get a few degrees higher (it IS Calgary after all... very changeable weather...)

Today I'm going to start on a Broken Dishes baby quilt for a Filipino lady who had her baby last Sept (ouch, I'm slow...). I MAY get out of the house to enjoy this lovely weather, and take my car in for an oil change, and tires tightened. When I got my car repaired a few weeks ago, they said to bring it back for a wheel torque... it's time, or maybe I'll let Bob take it in tomorrow while I quilt LOL
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 1, 2013
8:59 AM

Post #9435436

Hi All
Cute Grand baby photo and what a good story! Should go in a book so Leila can read it when she gets older.
Sorry to hear about the 'effects' of your Friday drugs M.
With regards to the book vs readers I still like to have a book in my hand.

I have ordered some new Hosta's for spring delivery(Hosta Choice) and some lilies(Lily Nook) for end of April delivery.
Anyone else doing "order plant" therapy?

Alberta Ann

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 1, 2013
9:17 AM

Post #9435450

I was in a valentines swap here on dg, ended up with bags of seed..sunshine day here, sure makes you think gardening! I've never ordered plants..always come spring like to get in the nurseries and see for myself what they have to offer..do know the minute I can buy carpet roses I'll pick up at least 6..still upset over my Lillie's..was just getting into collecting various types when my region got hit with lily bug..completely destroyed what I had, never to come back again so doubtful I'll give it another try.

"M" nice to hear that there is a chance that these meds won't be as hard on you.

Susan, let Bob, you enjoy a quilting day lol

First time since fall I've opened the front door to let sunshine n..glorious light, makes me feel better already.

Have errands to run when shift is over at 3pm then going out with family for supper..should really make myself something to eat so I won't spoil tonight's meal.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2013
9:41 AM

Post #9435475

No plant therapy here yet. Too much snow. Yes, we got clobbered by the snowstorm this past week. City buses got stuck all over the place. But my driveway is now bare. I'm fortunate in that it faces south and has an incline and once we get some bare pavement showing, it melts, even though there isn't really any sun today.

Been keeping busy with handbells and viola. Orchestra is tackling Shostakovich #5 which I've played 4 times before, but for this community orchestra it's a challenge. And we principals had 2 meetings deciding on how to bow parts of it.

Need to go get lunch.

Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 1, 2013
9:52 AM

Post #9435494

lol Think I will let Bob, Betty...

ViAnn - are you gearing up for Easter handbells and viola playing?

AbAnn - no plant therapy, except that...well now, maybe it is... got a brochure at the church from Vesta (?) plants, and I'm going to put it forth to the congregation about buying plants as a fundraiser.
Did it last year with a local greenhouse, and only made $40 because they wanted to SEE the plants before they'd buy... except for 2 households...
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 1, 2013
12:11 PM

Post #9435596

Hi
Susan that may be Vessey's?

I was excited to get a couple of these, Ive got these Hostas coming.
Lady in Red
Frisian Pride
Mayflower Moon
Peadh Salsa
Purple Heart
Rubies and Ruffels
Empress Wu Took out two shrubs that were under proforming last fall and wanted a biggie in there.
This too will be year 3 for that seed that I started from you which has had color for two years so I'm hoping for some good results. I also will be seeding the seeds that you sent me last fall this weekend.
Bye for now.
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 1, 2013
1:40 PM

Post #9435659

Yes, Vessey's... but I know that our congregation won't buy from a catalogue. They want to SEE the plants before they buy, but then my DH & I would have to pay for them first and hope they'd buy... we can't return them.
The point is to have the plants delivered to them, especially for the seniors and those who use public transportation or cannot do heavy lifting...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 1, 2013
4:01 PM

Post #9435815

AbAnn .. sounds as you have SPRING in your step :-)
I had mentioned a few posts back that I am collecting toilet paper inserts and papertowel as well .. have a method to start plants inside and plant them outside while the seedlings are 'within the cardboard' .. the ULTIMATE in recycling huh ? LoL
This won't occur until mid April, can't really attempt to put anything that has started outside here until June 10 perhaps later .. but I'm willing to give it a go as they going rate for a flat of annuals is now up to $20. +
Tomatoes always seem to do well pre started ..
As for Hosta, well, 'bunny fodder, here .. very exasperating ..

Just took 'the meds' .. off to bed to read my book.

TTFN

~M~

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 1, 2013
4:16 PM

Post #9435828

Ann - that's a bunch of hostas I don't have. :-) Except for 'Frisian Pride'.

Vesey's does fundraising campaigns, but I don't think the quality of the plants is very good. I certainly wouldn't buy plants from them. I DO get seeds from them.

Susan - Shostakovich 5 in the orchestra on April 6 is a massive work that is a real challenge for Ottawa Chamber Orchestra. The OCO is chamber sized in name only and the work calls for a lot of extra musicians as well. It was actually sounding pretty good at rehearsal last week, but some of the violins are finding it a challenge. I played it 4 times in the Ottawa Symphony and am delighted to be doing it again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqsU7tQW48

The bells play on March 17 and on April 14, but we are largely preparing to go to the Ontario Festival in London at the end of May. Any of you who live close enough, consider getting a ticket for the Saturday evening concert on May 25 at Alumni Hall. http://www.tribute2013.ca/concert-tickets.html (scroll down to the Saturday event)

I've been looking over my hosta seeds and planted some of them. Have a bunch that I'm willing to share. The full list is on Hallson site or on the Ontario Hosta Society Facebook page if anyone is interested.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 1, 2013
6:06 PM

Post #9435946

I won't go with Vessey's Seeds - firstly because they're not full plants (ie Flowers) and most of the people in our Church (read - ALL) are more "immediate" types who don't want to wait to see what they bought...and waiting for the mails, then waiting for them to sprout, etc, is something I know they won't do anyway.
We have a greenhouse nearby (on the way to Airdrie - about 8 miles), and that's where we did our fundraising from last year. Like most people, they want to go with what they know, and don't like change. I'm hoping this 2nd year that they will be more willing to buy flats of flowers.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 2, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9436271

All this talk of seeds and plants, takes the brutal 'chill' off this morning.
The sun is beating down and bright as all git out, but, the temps outside are NOT nice.

ViAnn, good luck with the Shostakovich 5, a beautiful piece, but, as you have said, tricky for a Chamber Orchestra.

Not gittin up to much today, pizzas are ordered for this evening, have a white wash on the go, with 2 more dark/coloured loads to follow .. at present my level of 'dizziness' is not concerning me, hopefully it will stay that way for the day, as for pain .. not even going there.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend .. I have a 95th BDay to attend tomorrow, Gordon's Auntie Pearl .. still has it ALL together .. amazing :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 2, 2013
6:04 AM

Post #9436295

Morning, few flurries in the air but I don't believe it is calling for much except grey skies..grey is good..lol

ViolaAnn, sure wish I knew more about music so I could comment..know that whatever music piece you are in it will be spectacular.

Aunt Pearl sounds lke quite a lady "M" , grandma was 99 and it was wonderful listening to her recount stories of years gone by..just wish I had written them down. Let's hope you are feeling much better and can enjoy tomorrow.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 2, 2013
3:43 PM

Post #9436805

Marilynne - we are chamber-sized only in name. I have a viola section of 11. :-) Actually it's not always quite that large, but I have 4 university viola students who wanted to play this work. It's got a viola section solo (around the 7 minute mark in the video) that is on the audition list for virtually every major orchestra.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 4, 2013
5:00 AM

Post #9438107

Am sure the concert in April will go well ViAnn,still lots of time to practice, and I'm sure everyone is up to the challenge :-)

Betty, how was the dinner out with family? The 'pizza night' here on Saturday was great .. unfortunately, I kinda paid for it on Sunday .. was in bed most of the day with a queazy tummy .. but .. that was from the meds taken Friday.
Gord had to go to the 95th BDay party on his own .. I felt bad, but, no use going out when you're not well ..

Dental check up today at 4pm .. I must have been in 'another world' to take an appt at that time ! BUT, Lorna and I are going to go out for supper following that, so, I guess that makes up for it.

COLD out .. I see Calgary got oodles of snow, my friend who lives there said it was quite a lot. She was out shoveling a few times.
I KNOW we'll get more, trick is ... WHEN .. since Gord leaves for Hamilton on March 18 for a week, I feel I would be safe to say we'll have a HUGE snow dump in that one week period that he's away LoL

Hope everyone has a spledniferous week :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 4, 2013
5:37 AM

Post #9438151

It was fine "M", had 42 family members attend my 65th, then company in and out all weekend, yesterday it was a group of my girlfriends..lots of gifts and $$$. I received enought to purchase the large Grace Quilting frame..will order it today. Today I'm tired, not use to all this celebration.

Sorry you were unwell and couldn't go with Gord! Disappointing for you..

Had some flurries yesterday, didn't amount to too much but this morning it was -11..will warm up as the week progresses.

Traditionally mid-March always has a humdinger of a storm..may it be when I'm in Florida

Am sure we are all thinking 'spring'

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 4, 2013
5:51 AM

Post #9438166

HAPPIEST of birthdays Betty, now HOW could I have MISSED that !!!!

Glad to hear you had a GREAT day, and will be off to buy the quilting frame :-)
Gord is 65 in July, intending on trying to arrange a celebration here .. last time (60) it rained cats and dogs and chickens I swear! Had to cancel it ..

~M~

This message was edited Mar 4, 2013 8:51 AM

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 4, 2013
5:54 AM

Post #9438169

Trying again :-)

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2013

Post #9438177

Yes, ~M~ we had a HUGE dump of snow, and more predicted by mid afternoon.
Just got home from driving Bob to work (he had a new tool chest he could Not carry on the bus...)
The snow in the trailer park roadways was never cleared, so suffice to say it was "interesting" getting out of our driveway and into the main road... I was in 2nd gear just to get going out of the snow drifts. Better coming back because I was driving through the snow drift and ruts rather than trying to find an appropriate rut lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 4, 2013
6:14 AM

Post #9438186

"M" not a problem..was Saturday!!

When they celebrated my 60th there was such a blizzard going on my family could not travel from the city..am sure they were relieved it was cold but no snow..made for a long day, all travelled back to the city after the celebration.

Susan, do you also have to pick Bob up...be careful out there.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 4, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9438194

Yes, I pick him up cuz it gets him home SO much earlier - 10 min drive, but 1 hr bus.

The main drag (and I only drive the main drags once I'm out of the park) is really clear. They just Never clear the park roads for about 3-4 days after a snow. By then it's frozen at night, thaws during the day, and re-freezes, which makes it treacherous both walking & driving. I'm going to contact the supervisor of the park and tell him he needs to have the snow removal done NOW!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 5, 2013
5:00 AM

Post #9439257

Susan, hope you got somewhere with the supervisor re the snow removal. Driving sounds treacherous!!
We have, once again, MISSED another major snowstorm .. not that I'm complaining .. just that you adjust your plans a bit because of a winter storm warning, three flakes of snow fall, and it's done !

Betty, March is kind of THE most unforgiving month (maybe November as well) for sudden inclement weather. Heck, as I found out 5 years ago, so is July LoL
I think maybe I'll just plan a cake and coffee 'come and go' for Gord's BDay in July.

Went to my dental check up yesterday for 4pm .. and .. guess what! They had given me the wrong date! The receptionist was so apologetic (I had the appt card with me) and, she said she would squeeze me in, but, I opted for an appt later in March .. just meant we got to Swiss Chalet a bit earlier .. driving home into the sun around 5:30pm was NO piece of cake though!!

Hope everyone has a nice day :-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 5, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9439291

Now why is it when it comes to dentist appointments we're all for putting them off?? lol
was -14 this morning but they say spring isn't far away and I'll try to take them at their word.
This is the time of year I get wrestless, want to do, don't want to do..know once spring is here I'll have to do..should have raked those leaves last fall.

Think open house 'birthday' celebrations are the best..I'd go for it "M"

Swiss Chalet across the street from the office here, never think of going at lunch, maybe tomorrow.

Today as I'm almost finished quilting my morning glory quilt I will head over to fabric shop for border fabric..would love to have it finished and get on with the next project that is sitting waiting for quilting.

Did order that frame I wanted, let's hope it's what I want and will be useful and not just take up floor space.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 5, 2013
6:48 AM

Post #9439360

aha - the snow removal came back last night, and Bob said (I haven't been outside yet...) that they've cleared a lot of the loose snow that was pushed in high drifts by the snow clearer's blade.

I've done about 1/4th of quilting on the baby quilt. Hope it will be done in 2 days more...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 5, 2013
7:09 AM

Post #9439378

Shouldn't be a problem Susan getting it done in that length of time..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 5, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9439430

Nope - it IS a baby quilt, after all...
I did find during the quilting that the backing is larger than I thought, and so it's "rolling" over to the front. I may have to hand sew it closer (fold it up so it looks right), OR I may add a binding to it. If so, will have to figure out the binding fabric. I have lots of the backing/border fabric left - red with stars...
I'll figure that out when I've finished the quilting.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 5, 2013
8:19 AM

Post #9439444

That is why I prefer taking a bit more time and putting a binding on it.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 5, 2013
8:33 AM

Post #9439473

Well, always worth trying a new idea!
It's such a small piece I thought I could try, but maybe it's not a good idea for ME. Maybe I'm just not a thorough as I should be... or I could do this for placemats, etc lol

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 5, 2013
9:37 AM

Post #9439547

Can you not cut the fabric around the piece off as narrow as you can then still add a border?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 5, 2013
10:48 AM

Post #9439609

Not sure what you mean.
The entire piece is rolling the border (except for a bit that actually matches!)
At this point, I'm so tired that I'm not thinking straight. I was going great guns, and now it seems like I've been doing it forever... 5 days straight, with very little/few breaks...

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 6, 2013
4:49 AM

Post #9440392

Susan, I hope all went well with the qulilting/binding .. any way you cut it, I KNOW the recipient's Mother will think it's wonderful, and, it'll be kept for years as a reminder of you :-)

Woke up to snow, and, truth be told, a shovelable amount of it .. Gord and I are headed into the city for breakfast and some shopping .. he hasn't a clue re the snow as of yet since he seems to be sleeping in.
The dogs have had a roll in it though!
Am hoping to get the ingredients for 'Reuben sandwiches' for supper, been a long while since I have made them .. don't have the corned beef/swiss cheese or saurkraut, but, I do have some nice rye bread LoL
Also intend to send Gordon into the Polish Legion to pick up a few dozen perogies. Today is their day to sell them, always like to watch the Polsh/Ukrainian Babbas with their colourful kercheifs firmly set, sitting at a large table with a HUGE mountain of potaoes mashed with cheese and onion sitting in front of them furiously making the perogies. It's quite the cultural thing here in TBay. Thing is, it's 12 steps UP (and down) into the large hall where you purchase them .. so .. Gord will go in my stead.

Best get a move on

Enjoy your day !!

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 6, 2013
6:21 AM

Post #9440489

Marilyn - you just reminded me - I have to make a label for the quilt - have a sweet "baby" poem to put on the back:
Amazing Joy
There's lots of fun,
And we don't mean maybe,
Coming to you
With your boy baby.
Your life is filled
With amazing joy
By this adorable creature,
Your baby boy.
Watch him, love him,
Learn again how to play,
As your own inner child
Comes out more every day.
Take lots of time
To enjoy your son,
Because much too soon,
Childhood is done.

and of course I'll put the date of his birth, and who the quilt is from!
Will go on Rica's facebook page and see what she put as the exact date of Sean's birth.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 6, 2013
6:35 AM

Post #9440507

Nice poem Susan..I never put labels on my quilts but guess I should..local fabric shop has some nice designs right now. For sure they will be appreciative and seeing as they are moving will have it to remember you by.

How terrible "M" it must be for you to have to take into account distances and steps when doing things.
No snow here, was -3 this morning so warming up, NOT spring clothing yet but weather is improving.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 6, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9440517

They're only moving 4 hours away, and I expect Brent will show up in Calgary now and then...
I've never met Rica, or Sean (the baby), but hope he likes his quilt lol

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 7, 2013
5:35 AM

Post #9441624

Yup Betty, having to 'scope out' places I am going to be going to is just NOT a me type of thing ..
For example, I want to have my nails done .. I used to have them done (acrylic nails) every 5 weeks .. but, I stopped about 6 years ago.
Now, the medication I take on Fridays is playing havoc with my nails :-(
So far i have found only ONE place (and they have yet to return my call) that is on street level, the rest of the salons, or private homes, have several stairs to negotiate .. I'm okay with 2 or 3, but more than 5 is a killer !!
If I don't hear from the salon I left a message with yesterday, I will for sure NOT be nice with regards to a recommendation online .. I still am gobsmacked that a salon would have an answering machine, that took a message at 1pm, and, the message never returned !!

Out for coffee with the 'gurls' today .. and, hopefully into Shoppers .. was in there yesterday and realized the it's Seniors day today, and 25% off Friday .. funny thing is, it's vitamins I need to get, and, they are ON SALE during Seniors day, which means you don't get use of the 20% off .. clever stores !!

Sunny and cool here .. notice I didn't say COLD :-)

Take care all

~M~

PS .. Susan, nice poem ..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 7, 2013
5:48 AM

Post #9441640

Morning, was snowing on my way in, won't amount to much I'm sure.
Still fighting this cold, yikes, teeth are hurting and I have no teeth!

Stompin'Tom passed away, sure was one of a kind guy..

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 7, 2013
6:06 AM

Post #9441652

yes, heard that about Stompin' Tom He was 77 wasn't he?!
Thanks Marilyn - when I found that poem, I thought it was perfect for the baby quilt.

6:53 am, and was taking my coat off, after giving Bob a ride to work on the other side of the city, through the 2nd busiest part of the City... and it's snowing again. Not happy-making...
Hope they finish up there, and go to work downtown... it's much clearer there. Plus, it's just strarting to lighten up, so it was pitch dark when I was driving. I don't like driving in the dark when it's snowy/slippery and morning rush hour.
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 7, 2013
8:11 AM

Post #9441776

Snowing in Edmonton too, must be all over the Province.
"M" stairs are the scrouge of the "difficult to get around" folks. Have you tried a place in a Mall? They tend to have barrier free entrances and stores or would the walk into the mall be too long? Have you checked on line to see if there is a visit at home person who would come to your house? I know that in Edmonton there are a ton of services that are becoming available for folks who can't get out or don't have time to go to a specific location. I know there are hairdressers that go out maybe there is a Nail person who would do that too.

Got some new Canna roots and they are planted up , just waiting for them to pop their heads. A couple of Lilies that broke dormancy are almost blooming. Will post a photo when they do. Geraniums that I over wintered are just getting going and I will be taking cuttings later. Thinking about planting some seeds just waiting for the Eucalyptus to arrive from T and T.
I know spring is on it's way cause we turn the clocks back this weekend.
Sorry to see that Stompin Tom has left us, good thing he left tons of memories!
Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 7, 2013
3:04 PM

Post #9442157

Ann - turn the clocks ahead (Spring forward!). So you lose an hour of sleep. When you think it's 8am, it's suddenly 9am and you've overslept!!

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 7, 2013
3:19 PM

Post #9442168

Spring ahead already, or, at last LoL
Makes a night shift go faster ! But, the one thing it kind of put a wrench into is MEDICATION administration .. always a conundrum, but, it always worked out in the end.

Nice day here .. sunny and +1C .. coffee with the gurls was fun, and, I have an appt Saturday morning for my nails .. it's at a Salon, 3 steps up into it, but, with a rail. I totally HATE having to ask re stairs!
I did try Mall Salons, no nail technicians .. so .. we'll see how it goes. I'm still having some 'angst' about having them done, but, I just can't put up with untidy nails .. and mine are right up there !!! No matter how much 'self care' I do, they just look crummy !!

Hard to believe it's Friday tomorrow. Off to the border to pick up 2 packages .. can remember what ONE is, but, not the other LoL

Take care all

~M~

RIP Stompin Tom

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 8, 2013
5:44 AM

Post #9442635

morning all,

Feeling a tad better after getting in bed at noon yesterday, meds and sleep.
Just got up for a hot bath, coffee and back to bed..what a waste of a Friday!

"M" do you have stairs to get into the house? Hopefully you are on one level? guess when we buy we don't think about years to come.

We are on a warming trend here, starting to look muddy and dirty snow, depressing sight but know what is ahead..not seeing many birds, woodpecker and a few bluejays..reminds me I need seed.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 8, 2013
2:01 PM

Post #9443056

Oh my Betty .. I do so hope you're feeling better this evening ?

Our home is a 'ranch style' building ... one level .. someone must have been thinking 25 years ago !!
Don't know what I'd do if I lived in a multi level home!

Our jaunt to the border was uneventful, went on a few miles to a resort on Lake Superior and had brunch facing the lake. Open water near shore, Loons flopping about in the water .. it was very relaxing ..
Roads were dry and traffic light.

Am sitting here looking at a brand new Food Processor .. Lorna is trying her best to get the dang thing apart .. so that we can start chopping veggies for the dogs food .. it's sure a puzzle !!

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 8, 2013
8:51 PM

Post #9443437

Marilyn - didn't it come with an instruction manual?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 9, 2013
4:52 AM

Post #9443545

Susan, fer sure it did come with an instruction manual which is pretty much USELESS .. pretty pictures, but, limited info :-(
I finally typed in the brand and model into Google, et, voila .. a YouTube video appeared and after a 6 minute perusal of same, we were good to go !!
Got 32 packets of veggies chopped up for the dogs. Gord was so impressed when he got back from setting up for the Sportsmens Show ..
He had purchased the processor and all the veggies we use, then slipped out at 4pm to help set up the venue for the show ... I thought, 'what the heck', Lorna and I can tackle this .. and .. by gosh we did LoL
Lets just say, in HONOUR or International Womens Day (Friday) we made a stand !!!

Off to the nail appt around 10am. Thought we would have wakened to snow, in fact, Gord was up early 'just in case' as we have been advised over the last 36 hours, to expect a winter storm .. well .. nary a flake fell ..
Will make my trip to town easier :-)

Not feeling too crummy 'yet' from the Friday medication, will keep thinking positively !!

Enjoy your weekend everyone

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 9, 2013
6:25 AM

Post #9443629

Ohhh, oh happy days "M", looks as though it was a good purchase. Dogs will be thrilled with their eats..Is that what you picked up on the other side of the border?? and the second package, was it a surprise lol

I should be getting a call this week to pick up my Grace Quilting frame, comes in 3 boxes and a cd for putting it together, will try my best to put it together myself BUT unlike you I may need help.

Lordy it was foggy first thing this morning, say it will be a sunshine day, hmmm doesn't look like it but then it's just after 9am.

Just can't stay in bed any longer so decided I'd play for 1 hr, rest for 1 hr and see how I feel, I've so much I want to do that as I lay in bed I'm thinking, now this is a waste but I know I need to feel better. Greg and his family now have it, guess at my 65th we passed it along as we gave hugs/kisses..drats hope it wasn't I who was the carrier.

"M", let's hope the meds don't interfere with your outing.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 9, 2013
11:17 AM

Post #9443857

Both parcels were clothing, one jacket and the 'surprise package' was a sweater and a top .
Gord purchased the food processor though ..

I made it in to have my nails done, Lorna drove me in and waitied as around 10am I started to feel a bit 'off' .. so .. she had thought that might happen, and she was ready .. like the nails, but oh my, I had forgotten all the little idiosyncracies of having them, like, typing, pulling up jeans and buttoning them .. it's all coming back to me know !! But, worth it I feel.

As I was having my nails done, the snow started to fall .. and it's still falling .. I would wager a bet we'll get 5-10CM, heavy and wet.

Betty, I sure do hope you feel improved ?
Murray and his family had that 'bug' go through their home luckily BEFORE they went south.

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 9, 2013
12:08 PM

Post #9443919

Should spend dollars and get mine done, might be the boost I need. Wonderful that Lorna was there for you..you both have been each others earthly angel!

Although cold, the sun was shinning most of the afternoon and now I can feel the house get colder, bet I put the fireplace on. Still better than your snow.

I kept to rest a bit, sew a bit and only got s far as 1:30..now it's sneezing, fever and chills. Brrr

Going for hot bath, meds and bed..who would think doing so little would be too much.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 9, 2013
2:41 PM

Post #9444081

good for you, Marilyn - yaaaaaay for us International Women :-)

Got to 5c today, and now it's 4c...

I finally got the baby quilt done, now want to put an iron on poem/label on the back.
Not sure what colour to make the label. I could make it muslin, or use one of the fabrics from the front. Would have to be something that would "match/contrast" the back nicely, and maybe I'll use one of the less "fussy" fabrics from the front (one where you could see the words on it...)
What do you think?
Amazing Joy
There's lots of fun,
And we don't mean maybe,
Coming to you
With your boy baby.
Your life is filled
With amazing joy
By this adorable creature,
Your baby boy.
Watch him, love him,
Learn again how to play,
As your own inner child
Comes out more every day.
Take lots of time
To enjoy your son,
Because much too soon,
Childhood is done.

Made with joy,
Susan & Bob MacKenzie
To celebrate the birth of Sean Arksey
Born September 15, 2012

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B   Thumbnail by Tallulah_B         

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 9, 2013
2:43 PM

Post #9444086

Nice job Susan..what a gift of love.
Love the poem, did you compose it?

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 9, 2013
2:51 PM

Post #9444090

No, I didn't compose it - found it online.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 9, 2013
2:56 PM

Post #9444098

Local quilt shop has some lovely per printed labels, will take a better look at them when I'm there next time.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 9, 2013
3:01 PM

Post #9444105

I'm going to make an iron-on label, with the poem and "made with..." part on.
So, what fabric do you think I should use - one of the yellows or muslin?
I don't want to use the blue, as it's too much of a contrast, and the words would be "lost" on darker fabrics.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 10, 2013

Post #9444546

Lovely quilt Susan .. a precious keepsake for sure :-)

OK .. am hoping ViAnn, or someone, can help me with an 'acquisition' ... am attaching a pic of a Hosta called 'White Feather' .. it is OK for Zone 3 and, I love the look of it (as does Lorna) .. she wants to do ao 'black and white' container garden, and loves the white feather hosta, what's NOT to like LoL
We would HAVE to put it INSIDE the fenced enclosure, as, as I have mentioned, Hosta is 'bunny fodder' here.

LOTS of thick white snow fell .. looks gorgeous out there .. already a temp of +1 at 9am !!

TTFN

~M~

Thumbnail by MarilynneS

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2013
6:26 AM

Post #9444563

I have seen white feather listed at Vesey's but I didn't look this year as I prefer not to buy hostas from them. But you do need to know that it won't be white for very long. It will emerge white and then green up, and quite possibly not before the white leaves get burned to a crisp, although if you keep it in a container, you can move around to keep it completely out of the sun.

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 10, 2013
7:51 AM

Post #9444637

Is gorgeous "M"

How disappointing it won't stay white.

Why not Vesey's ViAnn?

Few years ago a disease was rampant in hosta's, is it still a concern?

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 10, 2013
9:22 AM

Post #9444732

Yes, Betty. It's still a concern and I wouldn't trust anyone except a qualified hosta nursery to ensure that their stock has been tested. You still see many infected plants at places like Canadian Tire and box stores. Besides, I've never seen actual plants from Vesey's that were worth ordering.

Unfortunately, if a hosta did stay white, it wouldn't live very long. It needs the chlorophyll in the leaves to survive. And those that have a lot of white usually grow much more slowly than those that don't. If you like a lot of white, you might consider some of those that have small green margins -

1. 'Ghost Spirit' - some of the leaves will get a bit misty as the season progresses, but it mostly stays white centred.

2. 'High Society' lasts well through the season. Yellow centres when it emerges, but it turns white. Not bothered much by slugs.

3. 'Janet' starts mostly green and by the end of summer is pretty white in the centre of the leaf.

4. 'Lakeside Elfin Fire' is a mini with a lot of white that grows quickly for a plant with that much white.

5. 'Loyalist' has a lot of white and looks good.

These are just a few suggestions. If I have more time (not today), I'll look up a few more.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn   Thumbnail by ViolaAnn   Thumbnail by ViolaAnn   Thumbnail by ViolaAnn   Thumbnail by ViolaAnn

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 10, 2013
8:29 PM

Post #9445326

We got a catalogue from Vessey's and won't be ordering from them, re: our Church.
We will be doing a fundraiser from a local Greenhouse.
annabell52
Edmonton, AB
(Zone 3a)

March 11, 2013
7:18 AM

Post #9445619

Susan
I think that would be better as I too have been dissapointed by Vessey plants. I stopped ordering from them. At least you are supporting local.

Alberta Ann

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2013
7:20 AM

Post #9445622

Yes, I agree on supporting local greenhouses. They've grown, but they're still very supporting of Their community. Have you ever been to Blue Grass Nurseries, near Cross Iron Mills?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2013
7:30 AM

Post #9445638

Happy Birthday Susan..

Wish I could remember the new hosta I bought last summer..hoping it survived the winter.

ViAnn, thanks for all the info, will be sure to look for those come spring..only really have about 3 greenhouses in the area and not normally do they have a lot of choices in new species..

Never did find a miniature

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2013
8:21 AM

Post #9445716

Thank you, Betty :-)

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 11, 2013
10:33 AM

Post #9445866

Happy Birthday Susan ...

Been in bed most of today :-(
Starting to lose the 'dizzies' though ..

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2013
12:10 PM

Post #9445959

Not good "M", here I hoped that your meds wouldn't have been as hard on your body this time.

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2013
1:30 PM

Post #9446031

Happy birthday, Susan.

Betty - check out http://www.hostafever.com/ in Barrie.

Next closest would be Goldenbrook Hostas http://www.goldenbrookhostas.com/ - a couple of hours from you.

But there are several good places in Ontario that do mail order - Goldenbrook, Shades of Green and Hosta Choice which are close to London and others.

I've also ordered from Fundy Beauties at http://hostageek.ca/ and their prices are pretty good.

Also Gardens Plus in Peterborough - http://www.gardensplus.ca/hostainfo.htm

And even Budd Gardens here in Ottawa though their main focus is not mail order.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2013
1:31 PM

Post #9446033

Thanks Marilyn & ViAnn!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2013
2:57 PM

Post #9446151

ViAnn thank you, thank you..it's not that far from where I work, actually not far from the Garden Gallery where Fankie Flowers parents own. Making a note and will surely purchase a few you had listed

Think I just remembered the name of the one I bought

Gourd cup ? Going in search of it

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 11, 2013
3:05 PM

Post #9446163

good luck in your search, Betty!

ViolaAnn

ViolaAnn
Ottawa, ON
(Zone 5a)

March 11, 2013
4:39 PM

Post #9446260

I see I got through Loyalist before I ran out of time and space. Let's see what else I have that has a lot of white.

1. 'Orange Marmalade' starts out quite golden yellow, but by end of July is virtually white.

2. 'Raspberry Sundae' is a new variety and mine is still a baby, but with the amount of white and the red legs, it's promising to be a stunner.

3. 'White Christmas' - a bit fussier than the others. Mine seems to like its location just south of my oak tree and close to the street where it gets a bit of morning sun. But some people have problems with this one.

You might also like to check out my hosta galleries on SmugMug where I've been tracking them for about 5 years.
They start at: http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Hostas/Hostas-in-my-garden-A/7617361_qL3gHS and each section links to the others.

Thumbnail by ViolaAnn   Thumbnail by ViolaAnn   Thumbnail by ViolaAnn      

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2013
5:01 PM

Post #9446278

Love orange marmalade, think I'll make a just hosta bed this year.
Still not 100% so early night..milliliter go browse the link a bit before meds take effect.

Thanks for all your help..

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 11, 2013
5:20 PM

Post #9446295

ViAnn, your gardens and record keeping must be so time consuming..they are breathtaking..if you could but I know you can't, what would be one of your favorites?

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 12, 2013
10:09 AM

Post #9446965

Love them ALL .. and will have to ask around to see what friends have to say about the various Greenhouses you can buy Hosta from here in TBay.

Snow and more snow here .. and I am running on about 3 of my 8 cylinders still :-(

This too shall pass

Take care

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 12, 2013
11:49 AM

Post #9447050

just went to lunch, brrr cold and a few flurries in the air, not good!
Feeling a whole heck of a lot better today, hoping by the weekend I'll be back to my old self.
Fabric studio just called, my Grace Quilting frame has arrived, with working I'd not make it into their studio as it's 2 1/2 hrs from here so Saturday morning it shall be providing we don't have a blizzard.

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
12:46 PM

Post #9447095

oh Betty - don't go "borrowing trouble" now! Blizzard, INDEED!!!! (tapping my little foot!!)
Sure am glad you're feeling a "whole heck of a lot better"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 12, 2013
1:02 PM

Post #9447109

All stuffed up again..drats
Ann just called, did something to her back so won't be coming over for t.v. bingo..just as well, I can have my bath and head to bed..what a life

As for Saturday Susan, says cloudy and high of 8

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 12, 2013
1:12 PM

Post #9447127

Good - 9c does Not portend a Blizzard!!
We're supposed to get 12c tomorrow... and 9c today. As it's after 2pm and only 3, I doubt we'll get 9 today.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 13, 2013
1:56 PM

Post #9448214

Betty, I do so hope your head cold skeedaddles ..

Susan ,, nice temps, sitting at +2C here, but, will fall to -17C overnight.

I have been UP more than down today .. always a bonus, was able to make supper and may even be able to eat some of it.

So .. Pope Francis is the new kid on the Papal block :-) at 76 years of age, here's hoping he sticks around a bit .. nice he isn't European, he's from Argentina. Anyway .. when a WOMAN becomes Pope, I MIGHT get more consistent .

TTFN

:-)

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 13, 2013
2:27 PM

Post #9448253

Enjoyed his speech and his background history, needed 77% and got 90%..seeing he's so grounded the the people I think he will be excellent, add in his idea for change well might get me back to Sunday mass

Snowing here, bit of freezing rain on my way home,mguess it's to be expected...still winter!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013

Post #9448268

whew - it's +14c here... and the wind's picking up, so gather that it will get cooler now.
It's late afternoon (3:48) and when the sun goes behind the mountains, it really gets cool.

76 yo? yikes! He's an older fellow at the get-go! Don't think we'll get a Woman pope in our lifetime... Seeing as how there are the majority of cardinals in Europe, with the majority of Catholics in South America, it's about time they put a Pope in his native country where they actually have the most Catholics. It was said that maybe this year is the time to even out the balance...

Went to a "Disability Employment Agency" today. Actually, they help you find a job, and they do have employers that connect with them, to help match with their clients. Very few admin positions, but lots of bank tellers, warehouse work, etc. Now that she has all my info, and I've signed all the consent forms, she has to bring my "case" to her colleagues and see if they will agree to take me on as a client. I should hear by Thursday next week.

I had a long conversation last night with my sister Alice, in Winnipeg, about my Mom...
After the fiasco last fall when they (3 sisters and 1 brother) took our Mom to a few Senior's Residences and my Mom was too frail to live there, and she's not ready for a Care Home, they've found what they call an Intermediate Personal Care Home - only one in Manitoba. http://www.thorcare.ca/
There are 65 rooms, so it's nice and cozy. The Administrator will hold a room for Mom, but they have to know by Monday. They haven't mentioned anything to Mom yet, because of the disappointment last fall, so (and here's the tricky part) they will have a meeting with the 4 siblings, and get the paperwork done, and if she's accepted, THEN they'll have one of them tell her. Not all at once, because she'd feel "ganged up on", and not sure which one would tell her. I SO wish I were there to talk to her too...
Anyway, we're keeping it among the siblings, and I've been asked not to even tell my daughter.
Once she's been accepted, then she would be able to move quite quickly - the bed sitting room would be having rent paid, so she may as well move in as soon as possible.
At first my brother (whom she lives with now) was saying it was mostly HIS decision, but my sister Ruth said "She's OUR mother, not just yours" and that shut him up! He was prepared not to like the place, but then he saw it on Monday and, according to the Administrator he's "totally turned around and is in favour of it". Especially when he heard they play Cribbage every day
He said "Where's her suitcase? LOL"

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 13, 2013
3:14 PM

Post #9448284

Looks like a very nice Residence (Care Home) .. nice bed sitting rooms.
So do not envy the person who will have to do 'the talk' with your Mom, but, I feel she will be able to feel the 'positivity'.

Ate supper, off to read and watch Corrie

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
3:21 PM

Post #9448290

When I came home from my meetings today, I found a voicemail from an agency in Toronto, looking to speak to me re: an employment possibility in Calgary. Of course being 2 hours ahead, they weren't there when I called. Hopefully hear tomorrow am before I go out at 9:45am...

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 13, 2013
3:32 PM

Post #9448306

Ohhh another possibility, let's hope it turns into a job Susan! If Pope Francis 1 can get a job today just maybe you can as well...lol

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 13, 2013
3:41 PM

Post #9448312

lol Imagine... comparing My life with that of a Catholic Pope LOL

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 14, 2013
5:05 AM

Post #9448765

Good luck Susan, hope you're able to connect with Toronto this morning.
Comparing your life to the NEW Pope, ahh well, I think there's lots of folks out there doing the same thing.
I see on CNN that he is referred to as a 'humble man who makes his own meals' .. guess that'll change, at least the 'making the meals' part.
Betty, when I do go to Mass, I feel better, but, then the crippling memories of the Residential school, pedophilia etc start to creep in, and I am so torn .. so .. I do my best to stick to the 'do unto others' law ..

Sitting with a Hospice client for a bit today .. I feel not too bad, in fact, I am starting to think I may have had a 'brush' with the flu ?
Still hobbling, but, as long as I am not in a ROAD RACE I'll be fine LoL
Have lab work to be done as well, and Lorna has a prosthetists appt to 'snug up' her prosthetic leg.
I'd say, for me, a busy day ..

Enjoy your day everyone :-)

~M~

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
5:07 AM

Post #9448767

Thank you, Marilyn

Are you allowed to be visiting Hospice if you have/have had the flu recently?

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 14, 2013
6:01 AM

Post #9448805

"M" morning all, brrr talk about cold, think its the warmer days that spoilt us..had to put windshield washer in its tank and almost said forget it then a thought 'can't see for slush in the windshield soooo endured the freezing temps.

Nice being on the mend "M", I for one finally got a good nights rest, was sitting having coffee thinking of a boring day at the office and decided if I got up and at it I just might have time to sew a binding on the morning glory quilt and would have all day to hand sew, great way of filling the day! wow got it done..

Now to eat my BLT and drink my timmies and I can start hand sewing!

"M" you are taking on much for just starting to feel better, small steps remember?? bet you forgot lol

Susan, you've a call to make this morning, here's hoping!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
7:11 AM

Post #9448908

Betty - I made the call, but got her answering machine. Should be after 10 there now, so will try again?!

I have a loaf of Cranberry bread in the Bread Maker but not happy about it. I put a loaf in last night so I could take it to Bible Study today, and the yeast was too old, so got a "Lump" today. This new loaf won't be done in time :-(
But, I wanted to make it anyway. I will be taking some bread to our "May Fare" bazaar & bake sale on May 4th, and want to be sure that it's good... Guess Bob is going to enjoy some homemade bread for the next while LOL

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 14, 2013
7:53 AM

Post #9448947

I'm sure Bob will enjoy his new roll as 'tester' lol
good luck with the call

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
1:37 PM

Post #9449305

I've now called 3x and never reach her. I'm going to leave it to her to call me back now...
She does have my email address too... both on my resume she called about.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 14, 2013
3:54 PM

Post #9449478

Susan .. how frustrating is that for you !!!
I was OK re the 'flu' bug .. I was just thinking that that was what I had over the weekend etc, but, it was the medication.
Spent a pleasant couple of hours with a very nice elderly gentleman who was more concerned with me and my cane LoL

Betty, you'll have to put up a pic of the 'Morning Glory Quilt' once it's done .. the first pics were so beautiful ~~

Snowing here a bit .. won't stay though ..

TTFN

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 14, 2013
4:10 PM

Post #9449508

Lordy 7pm, am tucked in, quilt books by my side, Murder She Wrote on, kitties beside me..gee I'm going to hell in a hand basket..been 2 weeks most of the hours in the day are spent in bed..sure you know what I mean "M"

Finished the border on the quilt,will post a photo tomorrow.

The older gent seems adorable, nice that he was concerned about you.

Although cold,mseems with sun and wind more snow has melted..another few weekends and I will have to rake..not a nice thought!

Tallulah_B

Tallulah_B
(Susan) Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

March 14, 2013
4:42 PM

Post #9449547

This is a very frustrating week... first I hear that I can't afford to go to Winnipeg to see my family, then I find out they're going to put my mom in an Intermediary Care Home and she won't have a say, but that she will be made to "look" like she does. Then I get a call re a job possibility and the woman never is available to talk to... hopeful thing is that I may be registered with another agency.that will help me find a job...
Ah who am I kidding... I'm 59 and unemployed and no real prospects.

MarilynneS

MarilynneS
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON
(Zone 3a)

March 15, 2013
5:29 AM

Post #9449976

Susan .. your situations 'sounds' depressing and frustrating' .. when my own situation starts looking like that .. I think to myself, "well Marilynne, the ONLY way from here, is, UP".
I won't deny your angst and disappointment re not having the funds to go to Winnipeg, but, I guess there is always the phone, not as good as being there 'in person', but, stil, a lifeline.
Re the Care Home your Mom is moving to, I do believe she will like it once she is there. I have 2 Aunties in their late 90s who are in facilities such as that, and, both settled in quite well, much to the shock of everyone. My one Auntie who we thought would go into a deep depression re leaving her beautiful condo, had about 3 'down days' and then she perked up as she met 2 old friends from the past, and, she could play bridge as often as she wanted to :-)
Not minimizing your feelings though, it has to be tough .. BIG HUGS !!!

Now, the 'age card is different, and, as I am seeing, NOT 'bad different' .. there is likely some business out there LOOKING, actively, to find an EXPERIENCED and seasoned admin assistant. I tend to think many businesses have been 'burned' by younger inexperienced staff.
Never give up thinking positively :-)

Betty, I am just flippin well dying to see the quilt .. I so admire your craft .. and, your artistry ..
As for your feeling unwell for an extended length of time .. BOOOOOOOOOOOO .. yes, I do know how it feels .. and it's just plain crummy!
Today is my 'drug day' .. going to space out the 8 tablets over 8 hours .. take 2 every 2 hours .. see if that works a bit better, AND, I shall EAT !!! My BIG downfall .. I don't eat a lot on a Friday ..

Looks to be another SUNNY day here .. Lorna is SO happy as 2 neighbours have asked her to clear their driveways for them. The plough fella that usually does the job with his big tractor has either gone away, or, perhaps run into mechanical problems .. she always takes her cell phone with her in case she needs a hand with something .. a standard 'rule'.

Best get on with taking the first 2 tablets.

Toodles and TGIF

~M~

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 15, 2013
5:38 AM

Post #9449986

Moved us over...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1302495/
purpledixie56
Ancaster/Hamilton, ON
(Zone 5b)

March 22, 2013
7:57 PM

Post #9458638

Hi from south Ontario. You're pansy is looking a little sad. I would too living in this snow. Will we have spring? I also read your other blog on groundhog day. Did you hear in the States, someone is trying to sue their groundhog because he messed up so badly this year? Zone 6a

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

March 23, 2013
4:29 AM

Post #9458809

Morning all..

Purpledixie56' welcome

We are on a new thread now, please join in

Simply click on

Will move your post over

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Canadian Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Brugmansia 'culebra' available Dennis_taylor 6 Nov 12, 2007 5:22 PM
Rice Lake, ON OhioBreezy 27 Sep 19, 2007 7:46 PM
Hi from Québec / Saskatoon spklatt 53 Sep 8, 2008 11:40 PM
Welcome to ginnylynn from Blyth, Ontario OldFlowerGirl 21 May 20, 2008 3:34 PM
Petunia 2 u 2 DCarrington 44 Apr 14, 2013 11:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America