Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MichaelFurey
San Francisco, CA

February 2, 2013
2:11 PM

Post #9406210

Hi, everyone! Unfortunately my knowledge of gardening and flowers is elementary to say the least, and to be honest I'm here because I'm trying to figure out how to obtain some dragon snaps. They are my girl's favorite flower and I would like to somehow get her some for valentine's day but for the life of me I can't find any way to get a hold of some. I was hoping perhaps someone here could shed some light on how to obtain some? I would greatly appreciate any help any of you could give me, thanks in advance! And I apologize if this is a misuse of this message board or if this question is in the wrong location, in which case I would love it if someone could redirect me. Thanks again!

altagardener
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3b)

February 2, 2013
2:56 PM

Post #9406262

You are probably looking for "snapdragons". They can usually be bought as bedding plants at nurseries (small plants intended to be planted in the ground or in planters). I'm sure someone from your general area can advise as to timing of availability at nurseries there (assuming it's not pretty much year-round).
Failing that, they are easy from seed and seeds can usually be bought anywhere that garden seeds are sold... but as a beginner to gardening, buying bedding plants would probably be best.
They are also sometimes sold as cut flowers (for bouquets)... just in case that's what you're looking for.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 3, 2013
12:28 PM

Post #9407116

Michael, if you are looking for an arrangement using Snap Dragons, check out this link. The shop is in San Francisco.

http://www.myflowershopsf.com/advanced_search.html?page=1&keywords=snapdragon%20bouquets&price_range=&color=&index_id=#page=1&keywords=snapdragon%20bouquets&price_range=&color=&index_id=
MichaelFurey
San Francisco, CA

February 4, 2013
3:34 AM

Post #9407667

Thanks a lot for your responses, guys, that was extremely helpful! I really appreciate it!

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

February 4, 2013
5:34 AM

Post #9407763

You are most welcome. I hope your girlfriend enjoys the flowers and appreciates the thought you put into it. GRIN

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America