Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Japanese Sedge -- An Easy-Care Groundcover: Thanks

Communities > Forums > Article: Japanese Sedge -- An Easy-Care Groundcover
bookmark
Forum: Article: Japanese Sedge -- An Easy-Care GroundcoverReplies: 1, Views: 12
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
claregirl
Newtown, CT

February 4, 2013
7:28 AM

Post #9407935

I tend to buy plants and then promptly forget their names. Thanks to your article, I now know I have 7 of these that I planted in a shady spot 3 years ago. I never cut them back because I didn't know I should but I will do it this spring. Again, thanks!

This message was edited Feb 4, 2013 10:30 AM
can2grow
Valparaiso, FL
(Zone 8b)

February 5, 2013
6:16 AM

Post #9409017

You're welcome!

Yesterday I divided my Japanese sedge, removed the solid green portions that were overtaking the desirable variegated plants, and replanted them. I potted up a dozen plants to share with friends or to put in another place in my garden when I have time to prepare them a spot.

Your plants have obviously been doing o.k. without the cutting back. I don't always get around to it, and mine have gotten along just fine.

Here are a couple of pics of the results of my efforts.

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by can2grow   Thumbnail by can2grow         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Japanese Sedge -- An Easy-Care Groundcover Threads you might be interested in:

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America