Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Pets: Nah-Nah Brotherhood Winter is here and it is too cold!

Communities > Forums > Pets
bookmark
Forum: PetsReplies: 52, Views: 347
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

February 4, 2013
8:32 AM

Post #9408005

Hey Brothers, Dudes! Someone forgots to pay the hot bill at my house, I think. Are you all staying warms?

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat
Click the image for an enlarged view.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

February 4, 2013
8:43 AM

Post #9408026

Me momN dad is gone... dey lefted us wif da hooman bruvers. [momNdad went sumwhere wif sun and oceans] Dey is taken cares of us and giving us food. We'ze finally gots some of that snow outside... so we just sit in da windows and watch it fall.

Sir Charles and Kid Lucky

meezersfive

meezersfive
waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 4, 2013
9:01 AM

Post #9408050

Ohhhhhhhh all alone an you kin do wotever u want all day like eat the plants an jump on th beds an play wif the puter??? Souns like a vacayshun to me! I tryed to get Iris to play this morning but she wanted to nap, I did everything I rolled on my back, I looked cute and I waved my tale in her face...Nuthin!! I' m gonna go hunt mini, she's too old and fat to run away.

Tao
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 4, 2013
9:17 AM

Post #9408074

No sun puddlez heer today. I gess I jist has to sleep on the floor over the furniss pipes again. Mummy an' Daddy iz goin' to town today, so mebbe me an' the gurlz kin git into sum misschif.
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 4, 2013
2:42 PM

Post #9408432

Dis ole man has stayed close to the fire box, all day.The clouds has hid de sun, and dat make it worst. Daddy calls me " The Fire Marshall", I guess dat what I is. Tigger

Jeannie63

Jeannie63
Mequon, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 6, 2013
8:02 PM

Post #9410773

Hey I found da new fred.

Mom runned out of max joos a cupple daze ago. She finely got moor today sose he can stop huntin us all down. I tink he is sleepin nows. Wese safe.

Trigger you is a reel manly brudder keepin yore fambly warm!
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

February 7, 2013
5:42 AM

Post #9410948

I am a little cold here. My moms just can't get the hot box to work right. She says she should have gone to furnace school instead of college. Yada, yada, yada. Get a grip woman and give me food and a warm blankie before I have to bite!
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 7, 2013
6:13 AM

Post #9410975

It be water comin' down from the sky heer...I iz SO glad I can sleep over that seller furniss pipe on the karpit.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 7, 2013
6:37 AM

Post #9410997

We iz a gettin a big storm, Just like Wallingford & Sampson thunderpaws.. It is sposed to come here
too night.

It was bad nuffs we had the "darks" the utter night and it got reeelee cold in here. Mom coodn't use her lektric blanket
so I was cold. Sumbodies hit a tellephone pole and took it all down. They was oK though so that part was good.

Huck

meezersfive

meezersfive
waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

February 7, 2013
6:42 AM

Post #9410999

Did you seeit Huck?? Sumbuddy wif a snowmbeel ran rite over or driveway las nite. dad sayed if he noo woo it was hed go make a puddel on thers.
Id like to see that.

Not even werth lukin owtside, tts icky think I mite crawl under moms downy blankie and take anap.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 7, 2013
6:47 AM

Post #9411006

I didn't sees it...we got them varrrom monsters ebberywhere...and Mom don't likes them. Not at 2:00 a.m.!!!

Its all over the talking box about bad weether and "stock up". I looked...we are almost out of food!! Only about 20 cans, I could die of
starvations. AND...momanddad are leevin Sunday and we are stuck with the yooman kids here. We are gonna die.

Huck
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 8, 2013
9:12 AM

Post #9412055

We is all, glad dat we lives in the south, dot way we not has the weather , like Wallingford, Huck, and Tao got.It would leave the groc. stores, and gas stations emty, and we would has to suffer , cause the fire box need woods to work. I, for one be so use to dat fire box, dat I don'ts know what I woulds do.Daddy still trys to gets wood, and keeps us warm, to sleep by. Tigger

BTW I wishes for my Daisy May to stays warm, and fed. T

Thumbnail by mqiq77

Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

February 8, 2013
9:29 AM

Post #9412070

Oh,ya, but you gots BUGZ...lots 'n lots of BUGZ. Me 'n the gurlz just hates bugz. Mummy sez the onliest good part of livin' in da cold wethers iz it kilz the bugz. As long as we gots sunpuddles an' hot boxes on the florz, we iz gud.

Pip

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

February 8, 2013
11:26 AM

Post #9412188

Oh Tigger, I know I am not suposed to write on the manly site...but I saw it was you!

I am just fine and warm and cozy...watching the snows fly by! Lots of foods too...no worried my love.

Daisy May
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 9, 2013
8:52 PM

Post #9413739

I is so glads to hears it. Maybe some bugs, but Simon catch every one, and put it in his cube, for his momma to see.So buggs is a good thing here.When momma cleans out the bugs, she give him some treats.
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

February 11, 2013
4:39 AM

Post #9415022

There is snow eberywheres and my moms is in the house on a party - err - workday! She says she might be here ALL WEEK! How will I cope?

Thumbnail by AYankeeCat

mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

February 11, 2013
9:29 PM

Post #9416247

You stays warm, and helpful to your mommy, and things will works out wellers.I knows yous can be a goods boy, Wallingford, and yous might just surprise yo momma, and all of yous will spend happy times.We has crossed paws, for your family.Old Tigger says dat you looks too nice a boy, to cause your famly problems. happy snow times, Simons ands the gang.

Jeannie63

Jeannie63
Mequon, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 25, 2013
7:44 AM

Post #9461116

Bruvvers! We iz in danjers of fallin off da paij on da pet forum!

Iz enny buddies out dere?

We iz all buzy lookin for sines of spring. Mom sez da toolips iz commin up, but we cant go out on da padeeo yet.

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 25, 2013
7:55 AM

Post #9461137

wez bin sleeping lots. cold tuday, but mom let us in the yard fer a few days when it was sunny. but back to cold tuday.

AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

March 25, 2013
9:06 AM

Post #9461254

I have been sleeping, too. My moms says the croakus ar up. I don't know what that means but it doesn't mean that I get food - so the information is useless. Dudes, do your people ever give you useless information?

meezersfive

meezersfive
waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 25, 2013
9:28 AM

Post #9461278

yoosless informashun? No, but yoosless orders for shur. Get off my pillo, dont clime the blinds, get down off the cownter...I don't no wy they bother, i dont lissen.

Tao
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 25, 2013
9:31 AM

Post #9461282

Tao, din yer mummy put the blindz up for yew and the gurlz to klim?

Pippie
Edens_Gardener
Clay Center, KS
(Zone 5b)

March 25, 2013
9:38 AM

Post #9461286

No sun puddles here today, and then her sez "stay off the bed" BRRRR, what's a Kat to do?
Zeke

meezersfive

meezersfive
waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 25, 2013
5:00 PM

Post #9461798

Pip that wat i thot they were for but she sayed no. That womin gots no sensa hoomor.

Tao

ps i got to lik out a tuna can tonite tho
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 25, 2013
9:56 PM

Post #9462091

Simon sez, dat the sun gonna shine, jest wait till next Mon. Yous will see. I'm not going out in dat wet mess, so I'll jest njoy dee warm surondings of our happy home. Baggy has to stay out sides, but he have more shelters, and a fire box.He spend lots of time in de black smith shop. Dee clinkers, what ebber dat is, stay warms all night, and way ups in dee day. Baggy gots it made. Simon

Jeannie63

Jeannie63
Mequon, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 27, 2013
2:55 PM

Post #9464163

Okay looks like eber buddies is here! Back to yur naps!
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 27, 2013
8:34 PM

Post #9464521

I sneeked down in the seller this morning when mummy wuz going out to milk some cowz. She sez to me "Pippie, you gonna be down in this seller for a LONG time." Ha, I tinks she iz pullin' my tail. Holy mowsetrapz, mummy wazn't foolin...she din come back for 4 HOURS. I wuz so glad to see her, it waz dark down in that seller.

Pip
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 27, 2013
9:08 PM

Post #9464548

Hello Brovers, I has to tell dis en on Baggy. Baggy alawases has to gets in wid ya, and some times you don't knows where he acually is. He spent time in dee trunk of th car, in the car, and spent the nite two times. he spent the nite in de chicken coop, when he try to help daddy.Daddy was so surprized to see Baggy com outta de chicin coop, where he spent de night.
We thinks the worst thing Baggy did, was try to get in de house, and momma let the stormy door close, and gots in de wheel box, and left, for about 6 hours, and whem dem gots home, Baggy had spent de 6 Hrs. between de stormy door, and de locked door. He had to stand dat long, whilest M&D, and grand child waz gone. Momma goes to open de door, and Baggy sorta rolled out. Us catz had a real laff. Tigger
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

March 28, 2013
7:05 AM

Post #9464787

That happened to me, too. My moms friend came to visit and I got caught between the door and the storm door and moms was afraid to open the door! Her friend opened the door and there I was. Now you understand why I have to bite sometimes?

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 28, 2013
7:16 AM

Post #9464794

That must be something common...kauz that happened to old man Franky! He was there all nights long. Thankfully it was a
warmer night and not brain chigger night. Him kind of rolled out onto the floor also. Poor old boy.
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

March 28, 2013
10:26 AM

Post #9464996

WOW ! Baggy, him must bes normal, but den dat would makes the rest of us Sinsaysual. Simon
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

March 28, 2013
10:42 AM

Post #9465005

I iz soooo happy...ther be sunpuddles all over the floorz. Rite now I iz reklinein on mummy an' daddy's new bed. I kin see why they iz so cummfy on it. It kin make fer good sleeps fer us katz too.

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

March 28, 2013
12:20 PM

Post #9465096

I wishes we had sunpuddles...but Mom came in skweeling that there was a purty orange flower poking up and I want to go eat it.

Huck

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

March 28, 2013
4:44 PM

Post #9465282

We hads lots of sunpuddles tuday too. mom letted us out in the back yard few da affernoon. Sir Charlies is all sleeping now, but I'm gittin air in the open window.

Kid Lucky
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 1, 2013
6:57 PM

Post #9469221

Hi dudez...this is Hobo kat, I wuz gonna be a brudder to Pip, but Pip's mummy sez I gots to stay in the barn wif those udder outside katz. Mummy taked my pikshur when I wuz helpin' her pull weedz in the garden. I wuz bein' boss. Mummy sez all jobs gots to have a boss. See, I was doin' a good job, dontcha think?

Thumbnail by Anna_Z

Jeannie63

Jeannie63
Mequon, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 1, 2013
8:12 PM

Post #9469295

Hobo you looks like s gud boss. I hope your mom preciated awl yur help!
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 1, 2013
8:49 PM

Post #9469317

Oh, I wuz a gud boss. Mummy piked me up an' petted me and telled me I wuz sich a gud boy.
mqiq77
Danielsville, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 5, 2013
9:04 PM

Post #9473279

Hobo, I hopes you has a good home, wiff the barn cats. I also hopes yous gets along wiff em too. My boy "Baggy" has ta stays outsides, and he think he be priviledged.He is daddy's favorite helper, and daddy can't work wiff the plants, without him.Day is a pair. Tigger

Here is Daddy's little helper. He helps me with flowers, and helps me farm. Daddy Mike

Thumbnail by mqiq77   Thumbnail by mqiq77         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 5, 2013
10:32 PM

Post #9473331

Whoa, dere, Tigger...you gots a REAL job...ridin' a 4wheeler. I jist has to sit in the wet dert an' get my hinie all kold.
'
Yup, I has to stay in the barn cuz I tested possitiv fer Feeline Aidz an' mummy sez she don't be wantin Pippie an' the gurlz to be gittin sik. I not be gittin' over friendly wif those barn katz; I has to let them no jist WHO iz boss out there. Me & the Big Old White boy (he not be manly, he be still havin' hiz ekwipment, mummy sez) rool the roost.
scarletbean
Newport, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 11, 2013
5:33 AM

Post #9479703

Hello gentlmens Cats,
My name is Rohs, (say it like rose, but i turnded out to be a boy so i got a boy spelled name) I have been reading bout youses, and would like to know can i be in youses brotherhood? My 'dopted mama is in the YaYa sisterladies club, and she's liked it lotta. I want to have a club too! I have things to say. My ladyperson and her Mr. dont know it, but i can read, so i gotsta x-pand my horizons. Ennyhoo, I ams a grey and white american short hair domestic(really, ims WILD, but thats a discussion for another day.) I am 1 year old. Mostly i am a house cat, but i goes out in the morning and comes home at curfew, when the sun goes out. i stick around the yard, becuz you dont want to get too far from the food bowl!
I has a sister,and a half brother,a roommate who useded to be a feral cat,but changed his mind when hims got hurt bad and had my ladyperson find him in the garage and give hims soup and tuna and petting and now him is a housecat too named Titan, him has the FIV sick too. and the 'dopted mama ,Eva lives here too. I have to go now, cuz the ladyperson wants to use the computer. Hope I can be in the boy club.
maybe today is a tuna for breakfast day. 'bye
-Rohs

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

April 11, 2013
6:17 AM

Post #9479752

Rohs, welcome...every Dude is welcomed here...no madder what Brudder.

I am Huck, right now I am ticked kauz my breakfast was late and it is cold and
windery outsiders again.

SO...I will be back layter with a more proper Dude welcome
Hopefully the gang will be around...my tail is dragging

Huck

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy

Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 11, 2013
7:31 AM

Post #9479878

Rohs, wellkum to the manly place. It is the "Manly Cave", but sumtimez we gots to let the gurlz in, but nut menny timz.

I iz Pip; I no, not a reel manly name for a seventeen pound hunk of manly kat, but they gived me that name at the Hoo-mane place where Mummy an' Daddy taked me frum. I luvz it heer bukauze I have sun-puddles to sleep in, an' I haz the run of the howse. The bestest place to bee is Daddy's lap when he iz watchin' the big skware thing on a big stik in the living room. It has pikshures that keep movin' like peeples, an' they talks but I don't see reel peeples. I dunno what it iz eggzactly, but daddy keeps switchin to see different peeps. It iz too much thinkin' for a kat, so I just sleeps on Daddy's lap. As long as he don't move, I iz a happy kat.
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 11, 2013
7:37 AM

Post #9479886

Mummy founded some pikshures of me an' daddy. In the first pikshure I am waitin' for Daddy to come to his chair. I iz keeping it warm for him.

Thumbnail by Anna_Z   Thumbnail by Anna_Z         

meezersfive

meezersfive
waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2013
9:43 AM

Post #9480068

Hey Pip, I sits like that on my dad too. I like his lap the bestest coz he dont move around and do other stuff alla time like mom dos. somtimes he snorrs but says hes waching the picshur box. ha ha.

welcom rohs. watch out for that huck, he's engorged to my sister cat sooky, and he gets all loopy over her and calls her mooshy names and stuff. we still likes him but its a little weerd. i am very manly also and chase all the girlz, even mini whoo is so old she showd up in cave drawings from the plisto...phisto...uhhhh some old time that used to be.

i am occashunally called a terrorist by peeps but its not true i am just lively.

Tao
Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 11, 2013
10:10 AM

Post #9480101

Oh, ya, Tao...the PIKSHURE BOX...I iz getting feelyne Alzhimers an' jist kud NOT remember the name of that thing. Thanx, Tao. I will do better at reememberin next tyme.

meezersfive

meezersfive
waukesha, WI
(Zone 5a)

April 11, 2013
10:41 AM

Post #9480147

I thot skware thing on a stik worked gud.
Tao

Jeannie63

Jeannie63
Mequon, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 11, 2013
11:36 AM

Post #9480209

Welcum to da brudderhud Rohs! Does yor momma haz a pikshur of you? I used to liv wif a grey cat, but he went ober da bridge.

My name is Thor, and I iz bery, bery old (i tink me an Tao's sisser Mini ar bout the same old). I haz a brudder named Max. We also libs wif a big oranj ting dat luks kinda like Huck. Max tinks it is fun to play wif dat oranj ting! It skweels lots when Max jumps on it.

Pip and Tao, Max will somtimbs wach da pikshure box if der is birdies or sumfin on dare.

Rohs, dis is me, and den Max and den our oranj ting:

Thumbnail by Jeannie63   Thumbnail by Jeannie63   Thumbnail by Jeannie63      

DebbiesDaisy

DebbiesDaisy
Lyndonville, NY

April 11, 2013
11:49 AM

Post #9480220

What dids I tell you about beeeing mean to "the oranj ting"? We orange tings gots feelers too Thor, and some of us is mitee handsome.
Just ask Souky Meezer (QUITE TAO)

Huck

Jeannie63

Jeannie63
Mequon, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 11, 2013
2:20 PM

Post #9480384

Aww Huck, dont start spittin at me! I knows you iz a manly cat.

If you knowd the oranj one we lib wif (okay, his name is Sunshine - mommy calls him Sunny-Bunny ha ha ha), youd know hez juss not normals!

An I don mean no fens to all de udder oranj kitties out der :)
Thor (who is prolly da onliest normal cat in dis house - Max has got a skroo loose too!)
scarletbean
Newport, TN
(Zone 7a)

April 13, 2013
7:28 AM

Post #9482337

Hi everbuddy!
Im in a club! yay. Now Eva can get off the high spot cuz her is not the only one who has things to say! I am so happy to meet you cats...Yous are all perfect examples of the perfectness of CAT-ness. In our house we have a box with noise and pictures in it too, i don't know the name of this thing, but my persons sit in front of it for a while, and this makes a good place for me to be on a lap. Lap sitting is very important. Also, jumping up to the kitchen counter is important too. Did any of you ever see the place that the water comes out? I gotta figure it out...where does it come from? Why does my fur get wet? Why ? It is funny to me that Tao is called a terrorist, becuz my people say i is a counter-terrorist!
Our house has a ornge guy too, hims is Titan. He is a old guy too, maybe 7 , he is big(13lbs) and has not had his boy operation yet, but soon he will. Ennyhoo, he does not do play, he does lotta sleep and lotta lotta eating...we other cats dont eat when Titan is at the food, cuz he makes a lotta snorgie noises and he pushes the foods all over and on the floor and stuff. My ladyperson told me to not make any fun of him, cuz hims had a rough life. He dont hardly have enny teeth,(sometimes the foods go in his mouth at the front an then fall out the side,haha) and his fangs is broke off at the tips. Hims had a terrible thing maybe hit by a fast wheelbox or attacked by a big animal when him was living wild and it broke his jaw!!! Titan was very skinny when him first came here. but him is better now. He purrs loud but his Meow is silent, we is friends now. I am a very easy going happy go lucky cat. I don't fight with ennybody. I like to play w/ my half bro Magic. I like catchin dems mice., and chasing dems birdies. I have a dog friend who is same size as me and her is a nice nurse, she cleans us catses ears, and will let us chase her tail.

My best favorite things is of course, TUNA, naps in the sun, or any naps any time or any place, being petted under my chin, and stalking anything I think i can sneak up on. Oh, and I like having a fresh litterbox.
I guess i talked alotta.. I got so much to SAY!

tcs1366

tcs1366
Leesburg, FL
(Zone 9a)

April 13, 2013
8:47 AM

Post #9482395

Rohn -- welcomes to da Bruverhood. Huzza Huzza.

me and kid Lucky were both resqued when we wuz babies.

Me - Sir Charles, I was founded by Thor's Auntie Sheri. she kepted me for a lil while til she found me a forever home in IL.

I is 4 ears old and kid Lucky is 2. Our birfdays are in da Fall.

Lucky had da pink nose and mine is black.

Thumbnail by tcs1366

Anna_Z
Monroe, WI
(Zone 4b)

April 13, 2013
9:25 AM

Post #9482425

Oh, I feelz so bad fer your brudder Titan...peeples be's mean to sum katz, but its gud that yer hoomans taked him in and luvs him. I lived at the Hoomane 'siety for 6 munths, mummy telled me, but I haz lived here for 10 yeers. Mummy sez that is a LONG time. If peeples be'd meen to me, I don't 'member it, cuz everybuddy heer jist loves me bunches.

Pip
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

April 13, 2013
10:35 AM

Post #9482494

Brothers, Dudes! We have a new thread for Spring! Come on over! http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1307214/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Pets Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Does Anyone Show Dogs?? momcat 154 Jul 29, 2009 9:01 PM
How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb? gardenwife 20 Oct 2, 2009 7:10 PM
mourning DawnG 26 Jul 16, 2010 10:38 AM
Bertha got a hair cut!! MOLLYBEE 10 Aug 8, 2011 11:49 AM
Fritzie meets (& almost eats) Santa Claus Buttoneer 22 Sep 3, 2009 11:46 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America