Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Friends, the Songbirds: Hundreds of birds all summer; none now?

Communities > Forums > Article: Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Friends, the Songbirds
bookmark
Forum: Article: Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Friends, the SongbirdsReplies: 0, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dghughes
Overland Park, KS

February 4, 2013
1:12 PM

Post #9408319

I certainly enjoyed this article. I live in the Kansas City metro area and I'm very lucky to live on the ground level of an apartment that faces a pond. I have 2 large hanging feeders and a large container on the floor of my patio in which I keep lots of bird seeds. In fact, I have to "budget" to buy the number of 20 lb bags of seeds when they're on sale. During the summer, not only do I have hundreds of birds coming to my feeders; but, I also have up to 48+ ducks that feed from the container on my patio floor ... they even come to my patio when my dog and I are sitting there. My concern is that, for some reason, "my" ducks are still coming to feed at least twice a day, but NO birds are coming to eat. I DO have large evergreens next to my patio and that's where "my" birds fly when they're not feeding during the summer. I have recently purchased a couple of different seeds for the birds (such as suggested in your article) but still no birds. It's really strange not to have the birds coming to visit like they did for so long before????

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Friends, the Songbirds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thanks Fitsy 8 Jan 1, 2008 6:10 AM
excellent vhbt 0 Dec 31, 2007 2:10 PM
Attracting & feeding backyard birds Buzzdog 7 Feb 19, 2010 4:41 AM
Attracting and Keeping our Feathered Fri gardnut 0 Sep 6, 2009 8:39 PM
My experience is a bit different Elphaba 42 Feb 14, 2011 2:09 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America